[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Compare to the sword made from Radagon. It had a similar shape. That is twisted helix. The descriptions of the two swords are almost the same. I'm sure Fingerslayer Blade made from remains of the god in Nox's rebellion. But why is it size so small? Or are their god are children?
>>
It's probably made from a dragon because the ancient dragon smithing stone and somber ancient dragon smithing stone use the same descriptive words.
>>
ER lore is a complete clusterfuck and should be disregarded entirely.
>>
>>683801470
Retard, the stones talk about “twisting time” and are scales of Placidusax, Placidusax himself is still alive. The Fingerslayer Blade is made of a CORPSE. The twisting aspect could be and peobably is related, but absolutely nothing even remotely implies it would be made from a dragon corpse specifically.
>>683801350
Weird take with the kid thing, but at least not as completely stupid as the other guy. It’s small because it’s a knife. The Black Knives were “scions of the Eternal Cities”, using knives is just an Eternal city thing, so of course their godslaying weapon is a knife too.
>>
>>683801350
wait for the second expansion
>>
>>683802705
third*
>>
>>683802594
Ok so it's likely that this god was turned into a knife for some reason during the fall of nox. Because using knife maybe a hot fashion at that time . Like Radagon was turned into a sword in Erdtree era.

>>683803513
Shadow of Erdtree is not the last DLC ?
>>
I doubt the size means anything, From games are filled with size differences that make no sense.
I wonder if the corpse was that of one of their failed artificial Lords.
>>
>>683801350
No.
>>
>>683803815
Not quite.
>>
Size is irrelevant. The Sacred Relic Sword is large enough to be two-handed by the Elden Beast in a boss fight and then small enough to be two-handed by (you) when in your hands despite coming from a corpse of Radagon, who is both significantly larger than the Tarnished and a crumbled pile of broken rubble when defeated. We also don't know how large the actual Fingerslayer is, considering you cannot use it, and when it's used to slay Ranni's Two Fingers, it's already absent.

I will say this probably leads more credence to the notion that Numen are extremely malleable in some way. There's already lore suggesting the Nox were a bunch of stellar outsiders similar to the Numen and are in many ways exceedingly similar to the point where there's lots to suggest they might be one in the same stock, we know from SOTE that the Numen(shamans) were sacrificed due to being able to very easily meld with other corpses to become "saints", and we can see the Elden Beast can immediately fashion Radagon's corpse into a greatsword. I think they themselves are just able to be reshaped at will, and presumably by the hands of outsiders alone.
>>
>>683804486
Numens are likely the trees you see in Enir Elim
They are made from people
Smaller trees are made from kids
God damn Marika's reaction is understandable even if she gets turned into a tool by the end of her life
>>
>>683801837
Unironically this
>>
>>683803815
Consorts being used as swords is very much an on the nose bit of symbolism.
>>
File: hehe.png (356 KB, 572x544)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>683804486
this explains why Renalla was so mindbroken by Radagon's customizable super cock
>>
>>683802594
You find both in Nokron and people make stuff out of dragons for god slaying properties. You have to read between the lines the same way you have to for other parts of ER lore.

Also the fact that Nokron has a dragonsoldier proves that they're interested in dragon properties including immortality and god slaying properties - you find scales there as well.
>>
>>683801350
its made from the rune of death cmon man
>>
>>683804486
You definitely misinterpreted some stuff there, unfortunately.
>>
>>683804970
Excellent input and deliberation. Very Reddit of you.
>>
>>683805004
Correcting the original sin that lead to your twisted head cannon is basically impossible anyways and I’ve stopped trying to correct schizos.
>>
>>683805004
If you get it wrong people are going to tell you.
>>
File: EddTired.jpg (50 KB, 986x734)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Retards trying to make sense of something thats somehow more nonsensical than a capeshit storyline will never not make me laugh. Even the people who made this have said and laughed about the fact that they dont know what theyre trying to convey. Its like trying to make sense of some ancient, bronze age incest custom and attributing it to divinity and mathematics when its just inbred, incest shit.
>>
>>683805093
And such a quality retort! I'm glad we have such high-IQ minds such as you contributing to discourse. Have you ever seen Rick and Morty?
>>683805157
And with zero explanation as to what is wrong, there zero is value in course correction. It could have been one single word, it could have been conceptually incorrect from the top down, and it could be incorrect presumption from those attempting to correct others.
>>
File: file.png (1.5 MB, 901x901)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>683801350
It's just a blade to slay fingers, Einstein.
>>
>>683805258
The niggers who cry Reddit are just as bad as Reddit themselves.
>>
>>683805315
Thanks George, very cool. Now tell me about Godwyn's sex life.
>>
>>683805258
>And such a quality retort! I'm glad we have such high-IQ minds such as you contributing to discourse.
They are just trying to piss you off, relax.
>>
>>683804486
"Saints" just means virtuous people, there's no ascension or anything of that nature about the hornsent jar ritual. They're simply rebirthing criminals to be moral people, it's basically a fucked up form of rehabilitation.
>This is the cycle of death and rebirth, taken into the hands of mortal men.
>>
>>683805258
No one is obligated to teach you anything. If you aren't a newfag fresh off the boat you'll understand why anons dont spoonfeed you.
>>
>>683801837
Go ahead then, stop posting and start disregarding
>>
>>683801350
I always assumed it was made from the god of the pre-erdtree era
>>
File: file.png (139 KB, 329x250)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>683805564
His favorite past time was pounding behind of dear brother Miquella while sucking off prolapsed anus of Lord Radahn. Accompanied with Marika's screams as she gave birth to another omen in the background gave Godwyn the strongest of orgasms.
>>
>>683805960
Big G never misses
>>
>>683804486
One of the only sensible posters ITT.
>>683803815
There’s nothing heavily inidcating the knife was made of a Nox god, other than maybe its ability to supposedly be able to harm the Greater Will. It’s just as likely that the description is saying the knife itself was the treason of the Nox, and their moon getting destroyed was just a consequence of the treason.
>>683804840
There is an astronomic difference between “reading between the lines” of what’s explicitly presented or implied in the game, and “making up unbased headcanon just because it’s not explicitly NOT true”. Hewg jams a Placidusax scale - not just any dragon or troll drake warrior’s scale, but THE lord of dragons scale - into your weapon to make it able to kill a god. The Fingerslayer Blade is all helixed and corpsey. It very clearly is something about its shape and that it’s made of dead flesh that gives it its godslaying properties. Plus, dragon flesh has gravelstone in it; where’s the gravelstone in the Fingerslayer Blade?
>>
>>683806205
Dont reply to yourself like this retard
>>
>>683805745
The practice of sainthood is clearly connected to the Divine Gate corpses and the tree-people in Enir Elim. You're correct they are most likely were using it for rebirth, but it's clearly not everything it could do.
>>
>>683806205
You get those scales as drops from regular ancient dragons you're retarded
>but the description says it lightly twists time so that must be a reference to placidusax
or maybe ancient dragons have that power in general
>>
>>683806361
I don't know about that, people just get caught up on the term "saint" and its religious connotations while if you look at the JP text it just translates to "good person"
They've obviously sacrificed a lot of people to build the gate of divinity, but they weren't trying to create a god or a holy being through the jar rituals is all I'm saying
>>
>>683806629
>if you look at the JP text
LOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>683806205
>The Fingerslayer Blade is all helixed
Like Placidusax's neck, right? You know that sort of imagery is all over the place in ER.
>where’s the gravelstone in the Fingerslayer Blade?
Where's the gravelstone in any of the weapons Hewg upgrades?
>it's made of dead flesh
The description says "born out of a corpse" and not "made of dead flesh" explicitly, this sounds like you're making up unbased headcanon.
>that gives it its godslaying properties
What other being's body parts are said to give god slaying properties other than dragons?
>>
>>683807187
I killed a god with a great club.
>>
>>683806262
>i-if multiple sensible people all critique me, t-they must actually be the same person
Take your meds schizo
>>683806378
Yeah and the demigods all drop Great Runes, parts of the Elden Ring. I guess that must mean they had those Great Runes all along, right? The item description for the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones EXPLICITLY, and in no uncertain terms say they are Placidusax’s scales.
>>683807187
>Like Placidusax's neck, right? You know that sort of imagery is all over the place in ER.
So by this logic the Fingerslayer Blade could be made out of literally any of the helixed things in the game, and its helix shape is not an indication of a relation to Placidusax and the dragons specifically. Good point.
>Where's the gravelstone in any of the weapons Hewg upgrades?
A single dragon SCALE is infused into your weapon, your weapon itself is not wholly and entirely made of a whole ass corpse.
>The description says "born out of a corpse" and not "made of dead flesh" explicitly, this sounds like you're making up unbased headcanon.
Really grasping at straws now huh?
>What other being's body parts are said to give god slaying properties other than dragons?
Can you fucking read please? Dragons themselves have NOTHING to do with killing gods. You’re using your own fucking (incorrect) argument as evidence of itself here. PLACIDUSAX specifically somehow confers the ability to allegedly kill a god, and this is not because he’s a deagon, but has something to do with his twisting of time/helix shenanigans. Same way the Hornsent and Spira are all about “reaching the gods” through helix shapes and twisting.
>>
>>683807806
You look like a schizoid
>>
>>683801350

It is made from the corpse of a god. That is why it looks like a twisted version of the elden beast sword. We don't know what god though.
>>
>>683801350
>Cannot be wielded by those without a fate
The fuck does that mean?
>>
>>683807806
>Can you fucking read please? Dragons themselves have NOTHING to do with killing gods.
Except parts of their body, scales primarily, have god slaying properties.
>A single dragon SCALE is infused into your weapon, your weapon itself is not wholly and entirely made of a whole ass corpse.
Now it's a whole ass corpse? I guess there's one foot tall gnomes running around that you can turn into god slaying knives.
>So by this logic the Fingerslayer Blade could be made out of literally any of the helixed things in the game
And it stands to reason that there's a connection based on the words used in the description (Which does factor in based on other parts of lore) and the fact that the eternal city has been experimenting with dragon stuff. You haven't really offered a theory as to what the corpse is.
>>
>>683808425
You not fluent in english?
>>
>>683808567
You not have more than 50iq required to understand what he meant?
>>
>>683808524
>Except parts of their body, scales primarily, have god slaying properties.
Based on fucking WHAT? This is YOUR CLAIM, not anything that is stated or even implied anywhere in the game.
>Now it's a whole ass corpse? I guess there's one foot tall gnomes running around that you can turn into god slaying knives.
You really and truly are illiterate, aren’t you? READ THE FUCKING TEXT FROM THE GAME NIGGER. “OF A CORPSE”, RIGHT THERE IN THE FUCKING TEXT STRAIGHT FROM THE GAME ITSELF
>And it stands to reason that there's a connection based on the words used in the description (Which does factor in based on other parts of lore) and the fact that the eternal city has been experimenting with dragon stuff
You are literally using your own argument as evidence of itself, AGAIN. NOTHING in the description talks about dragons at all, YOU are assuming dragons = god death and projecting that onto the text.
>the eternal city has been experimenting with dragon stuff
They experiment with copying life in general. One of the Silver Tears turns into a regular ass troll. Is the Fingerslayer Blade made of a troll corpse?
>You haven't really offered a theory as to what the corpse is
And? Unlike you I actually wait until there’s a substantive possibility to make a claim.
>>
>>683809254
>You not have more
Guess he isn't fluent in english lol
>>
What is compelling all these people to theorise about the lore and the story of ER when its obviously flawed and unfinished? Why waste your brainpower trying to comprehend cut-content and poor story telling?
>>
>>683810000
>Based on fucking WHAT?
The dragon scale description says it has god slaying properties. You're talking in circles.
>“OF A CORPSE”
Not FROM a corpse, lmao.
>YOU are assuming dragons
Their parts, not the dragons themselves. That's like saying the godslaying blade is what kills the gods and not the magic it's imbued with.
>They experiment with copying life in general.
They also experiment with things that slay gods like dragon scales, that's why you find them there.
>Is the Fingerslayer Blade made of a troll corpse?
Making absurd claims doesn't help your point at all.
>Unlike you I actually wait until there’s a substantive possibility to make a claim.
Given that you seem to have a galaxy sized brain I'm sure you have better theories, I'm waiting to hear them.
>>
>>683810060
he's clearly making fun of the post he replied to, you fucking dunce
>>
>>683810701
>The dragon scale description says it has god slaying properties. You're talking in circles.
READ. THE. FUCKING. TEXT. YOU. LITERAL. RETARD. Absolutely NOTHING says that dragon scales have “god slaying properties”. Pic related ONLY says that it is a scale of Placidusax, and it ONLY says that its property of “lightly twisting time” “allows the slaying of a god”. It’s not even something about fucking Placidusax himself that grants the godslaying property, it is 100% something about twisting/spiraling/helixing and/or some time related phenomena.
>Not FROM a corpse, lmao
You are an ESL who’s wildly overconfident in his subpar English abilities, thanks for clarifying.
>Their parts, not the dragons themselves.
So dragons have absolutely fuck all to do with godslaying, thank you for finally conceeding on at least one point
>That's like saying the godslaying blade is what kills the gods and not the magic it's imbued with
Getting closer. You’re literally rewriting your entire argument to make it less wrong and more aligned with what I’ve been saying, but I’ll allow it if it gets you to finally stop spewing horseshit. WHAT about the scales OF PLACIDUSAX, NOT JUST ALL DRAGONS, BUT PLACIDUSAX SPECIFICALLY is it that gives them god slaying power? Here’s a hint: read pic related again. And very slowly please.
>Making absurd claims doesn't help your point at all
You truly are ESL, and probably legitimately retarded to boot. I did not claim that the Fingerslayer Blade was made of a troll corpse, I used that as an example to show why claiming it’s made of a dragon corpse is retarded
>Given that you seem to have a galaxy sized brain I'm sure you have better theories, I'm waiting to hear them.
I’d say strike three for ESL/retard proof, but now I think it might be genuine autism.
>>
>>683810739
Nah he's just an esl. It happens.
>>
>>683810060
Less than 50iq confirmed.
>>
ITT: Zanzibart
>>
>>683812828
>seething esl
You do you
>>
>>683805564
he's like a dead fish in bed
>>
>>683813245
Heh
>>
How comes we don't know much h about the manflies despite there being 2 whole villages with them
>>
>>683801837
spbp
>>
>>683813797
They're almost exclusively in Gravesite which has the highest concentration of Formless Mother shenanigans and are accompanied by shadow people using blood flies. I think that tells us all we need to know.
>>
>>683812251
It's very unfortunate that you're no longer arguing in good faith but you weren't doing that from the start anyway.
>and it ONLY says that its property of “lightly twisting time” “allows the slaying of a god”.
So wait, you're telling me that the property of the dragon scale is god slaying? Thank you for agreeing, it's taken a lot t oget here.
>NOT JUST ALL DRAGONS, BUT PLACIDUSAX SPECIFICALLY
The only issue here is that these items drop from more dragons than just Placidusax, and perhaps you might have theories as to why - maybe a sign of his blessing the same way those blessed with grace have different coloured eyes.
>I did not claim that the Fingerslayer Blade was made of a troll corpse
No you were making an obscene point in an attempt to make some other point but it doesn't really work when you misunderstand things the way you've done. You claimed that the blade was made from a corpse when the description says "Born of a corpse" -- unfortunately that means something else and I'm shocked that you missed it.

Again you don't seem capable of actually discussing things beyond spewing nonsense and using insults which is kind of a little sad. Now, I'd like to hear your theory about where the blade came from, you probably have receipts and some interesting things to say. Hell, it might even make you civil lmao.
>>
>>683814157
They’re in Enir Ilim itself too, seemingly normally and not as like an infestation or anything. They’re praying to (I think) one of the people trees, in an area right below the plaza with the fat inquisitor and all the regular inquisitors. I don’t think it’s quite so clear cut.
>>
File: 1000017603.png (2.27 MB, 1920x1080)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>683801350
demon's souls is so much better in this regard
I just started playing it and despite having magic and dragons and shit it still seems to adhere to strict rules of nature and logic, meanwhile everything in eden ring seems made up as you go including those stupid portal gates that no one ever explained that activate by themselves when you progress the story

at least the archstones have a reason to exist, are explained by the monumental and have a reason to be in the nexus and tied to regions across boletaria, meanwhile in elden ring they just exist lmao press A to ride the coffin upwards XD

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.