[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why didn't you guys tell me No Man's Sky was so fun? It checks every autistic box I have. Settlement management, fleet management, and cryptic AI generated story lines.
What the hell
>>
>>683808340
the new water is so good compared to the old one
everything runs better too
i wonder what are they going to put in the world part 2
>>
>>683808340
>no game's sky
it's actually impressive how they managed to make a tech demo that so devoid of fun with an engine capable of generating an entire galaxy/universe.

Possibly the most tedious tutorial in all of gaming, and a gameplay loop around sprinting through empiness while waiting for your sprint meter to fill back up only to have to fiddle around with a bunch of menus inside menus to place and use matter converters. True innovation for 2003.
>>
>>683808507
>world part 2
?
>>
>>683809281
latest update was just worlds part1, next month we will get part2
https://www.nomanssky.com/worlds-part-i-update/
>>
>>683809462
Thanks, friend
I will definitely keep an eye out. I just started the game a few days ago but have been having a blast
>>
>>683808340
Because the actual core gameplay of moving and shooting is lame janky dogshit once the novelty of all the RNG-based features wear off. There isn't even a single on-foot pirate encounter. Zero real danger when planetside. Sentinels are fucking pathetic and a generally boring simplistic formulaic form of combat. They have a fucking melee button but no close range weapon options. The first person animations look like fucking placeholders for when someone is done modeling hands. The list goes on.

It's the ultimate "Should be good indefinitely but gets old far faster than you thought" game. It's praise is entirely unwarranted and they still have the balls to completely destroy everyone's home star systems with procgen overhauls.

These fuckers need to get a grip and finish the fucking game. There is too much pointless grindy bullshit they have been adding with very little interesting gameplay changes to accomodate them.
>>
>>683808340
I feel like the game needs some Helldivers 2 gameplay to pull me in. Create planets that are completely infested with nigh-unending hordes of big AI monsters which will require multiple teams to liquidate. Add more weapons, throwables, military structures, maybe even military classes with passives and skills.
>>
how do I make money fast
>>
>>683810615
Find sentinel ships and sell them
>>
>>683810615
go to the nexus and have a rich anon hand you 100 million dollars worth of goods when youre not paying attention, thats what happened to me and it trivialized the game entirely
>>
>>683812294
just delete it
>>
i kneel, knees deep in water
>>
>>683812415
Already did, this game isn't that big but i still dont want it wasting space on my hard drive.
>>
>>683808340
Is settlement manager more than just building buildings and "solving" random disputes with a coin flip now?
>>
>finished the whole expedition already
>but can't turn it in because the community objective was stuck at like 16% of goal 1/5 all day yesterday.
>and the objective thing only says is my kill count is "50 and counting" even though it's probably up to four digits by now
Am I misunderstanding it or what? Is it just extremely slow to update or is my contribution capped and all I can do is wait for x more people to also get 50 kills?
>>
>Do something bad
>People get mad
>Give them a bunch of useless shit
>People not act like nothing bad ever happened
Why does this keep happening? Why are people who play video games this retarded?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.