[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ddpdoj.jpg (41 KB, 500x500)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Dark souls is hard? Heh, kid... *Puts hand on your shoulder* You ain't seen nothin'. Dark Souls is NOTHING compared to a shoot' em up. CAVE games are so hard you'd shit your little zoomer brains out even trying to finish stage 1... these games are reserved for the toughest of men, the realm of gods, men with souls forged in the sweaty heat of the damp and dingy Ikebukuro arcades... kid, you would never last a day in Dodonpachi. Word
>>
it's a genre with not a whole lot of legacy skill. it takes time for someone who's never played a shmup to get good enough but it's entirely possible and really doesn't take that much time.
>>
File: 1709540580815.png (2.75 MB, 2080x1167)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
>>683809024
>these games are reserved for the toughest of men, the realm of gods, men with souls forged in the sweaty heat of the damp and dingy Ikebukuro arcades
>>
>>683809024
Yea the discours about difficulty is entirely dishonest.
People dont care about difficulty. they just wanna be part of the popular culture. and From games are popular culture. Therefore their difficulty is a problem for normies wanting to be a part of it.

difficulty was never the issue per se, just grifting
>>
I know this thread is ironic but I wonder where this sentiment started. I feel like shmups got their hard reputation from casuals looking at some youtube videos where the entire screen is covered in bullets. And they wouldn't know that the pattern is easier than it looks and the player is just weaving in and out of a couple lines of bullets that aren't tracking.

Also I guess a lot of shmups have deliberate bullshit designed to eat coins in an arcade, but that also goes for a bunch of genres. Like no one talks fighting game arcade modes being the hardest shit in the universe. But shmups keep the reputation of bullshit game overs even in the games where you can totally just memorize patterns.
>>
>>683809979
daioujou is genuinely pretty hard. not all cave games are like that but a lot are.
>>
>>683809979
this type of difficulty used to be standard, but once arcades died for home consoles that high difficulty gradually went away so people no longer have developed legacy skill to tackle shmups, and most people dont have the patience/ want to put in the time to learn the game on their first playthough

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.