[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: good ass tekken.webm (3.94 MB, 1000x562)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB WEBM
Who should I main in Tekken 8? I'm new to fighting games, on PC, not Eddie, thinking of buying a fight stick/leverless controller.
>>
>>683809771
>New to fighting games
>Thinking of buying a fight stick
You are a complete dumbass
>>
Buy a good n-key rollover keyboard instead, you fucking retard.
>>
>>683809940
Why not?
>>
>>683809771
I suggest trying all the characters out and see which ones you like, also recommend a good cheap leverless from Haute42 over a stick because they are much easier to get used to and wont give you wrist pain over time.
>>
>>683809771
Anyone but Reina

I warned you
>>
whoever you find cute
>>
>>683812264
Yeah, she looks way too complicated. She has the lowest win rate IIRC.
>>
>>683809771
COFFEE!
>>
File: bigbox_tokyo8.jpg (116 KB, 575x385)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>683810039
you dont need a fighting to be good. the reason why people use fighting sticks is because they GREW UP ON FIGHTING STICK FORMATS playing fightan games at their local arcade or whatever the fuck. dont be a poser. Either use a controller like you are used to or use a keyboard (which is basically what a fighting stick is btw. literally its just a keyboard with most buttons removed).

fightsticks are a scam for the most part. the tool doesnt make the artist.
>>
What are lidias good buttons
>>
>>683815581
From what I've seen, you generally want to hit some combination of triangle, circle, square, and cross.
>>
>>683815939
I play on hitbox and don't have labels on my buttons
>>
File: IMG_0543.png (260 KB, 728x410)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
Jin. He is cool and awesome.
>>
Play bryan. Just spam orbital & snake edge and 3+4 for free ranks
>>
Did ghost vs ghost come out yet?
>>
Why isn’t victor at the olympics opening ceremony guys? :(
>>
Paul, Asuka, Jun, Azucena, Victor... are really easy to pick and play.
Jin is relatively easy this game.
>>
IVE GOT IT NAAAAAOOOOOOOW
>>
>>683809771
If you want to go stick, try to find something cheap on amazon. Try it out for as long as you can and if you don't like it send it back within their return window. Don't let fags try to turn you away from it because you didn't grow up fucking around on arcade cabs. You can learn any format and you should try other formats if one isn't comfortable for you. Laying your fingers out across a stick is the fucking best and made playing a much better experience for me.
I'd recommend looking into the fight commander controllers as well. I hated controllers until I tried the fight commander for ps4 and it was a lot more comfortable for me than regular controllers.
>>
File: 1692780599910099.jpg (420 KB, 768x1024)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
feng
easy and effective
moves look cool
>>
>>683809771
It depends what you want. Some characters are easy to pick up and get quick unga bunga results with, some will take time just to use their stances correctly without leaving yourself vulnerable. Just pick someone you like the look and stick with them. Be prepared for a lot of learning and losing though. Tekken is dense.

>>683809940
Don't listen to this guy, arcade stick has always been the ideal way to play fighting games.
>>
>>683809771
Dragunov and then proceed to win by rolling your face across your keyboard
>>
Panda and Kuma are joke characters like Dan right?
>>
>>683821223
Maybe but they give you easy wins since no one know the match up.
>>
>>683821223
They are both strong in 8
>>
>Who should I main
To win easily via button mashing and doing random shit:
Asuka
Bryan
Dragunov
Eddy
Feng
Jin
Jun
Victor
Of this entire list the most unga bunga for sure is Feng. You can do random bullshit in his movelist and it's probably evasive, a parry, safe, or a combination of the two. He also does a fuck ton of damage and has super easy combos.
>>
>>683821223
Bears are a gigantic knowledge check and will absolutely fucking rinse you if you're unaware
>>
>>683813424
You're a retard, sticks are simply the most fun. Leverless is the most optimal, pads are for poorfags.
>>
Play kaz or don't play at all
>but he's hard!
pussy bitch
>>
>>683821223
I unironically love playing them even if people call me a fag for it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.