[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This game was fucking EVERYWHERE, but as soon as that summer ended everyone stopped caring about it. What happened?
>>
At the time basically all there was to do was catch pokemon. Rather shallow experience
I think they've added more by now but I also hear the monetization is ridiculous
>>
Nostalgia and novelty wore off. It's still big but only among dedicated players, not with people who played pokemon 30 years ago and be like wow cool game i remember these pokemon things.
>>
>>683811096
The game got boring for everyone but boomer parents after that time, but boomer parents don't want to leave the house, so it dwindled.
>>
>This game was everywhere when I first got to 4chan, what happened!?
Please kill yourself.
>>
People still play it, just not on the same scale. I remember hopping back into it about 3 years ago and even in my impoverished neighborhood there would be crowds ready and waiting to raid. I remember one time my brother sent out a message on the local discord channel to invite people to do a particular limited raid and within minutes 10 cars would come out of the woodwork as well as people on bikes and on foot from all walks of life just to play the raid. One Chinese salary-man looking type had a sort of suitcase attachment on his bike with like 8 phones connected to it.
>>
Niantic couldn't handle the load that they were getting which made the game near impossible to play so a lot of people quit. The game was a fad, and fads come and go. Not saying that's a bad thing, pokemon go summer felt like peace on earth.
>>
>>683811096
When it came out the game was extremely limited to capture 151 pokecucks and battle for gyms, there was nothing else to do and to this day there's still nothing to do.
>>
>>683811096
I would still be playing it, it gives me something to do while jogging in the park.

But they made it all gay and ugly now
>>
>>683811838
I really enjoyed Pikmin bloom, consider checking that out. Its by the same people as pokemon go and very similar but less gay.
>>
They half baked it on purpose so they could drip feed like always
>>
I played it a last year and really tried to take it seriously. I found that there is a limit to the enjoyment I was getting out of it because I'm just not a social person and the battling left much to be desired.
The thing that finally made me uninstall was I had spent my masterball on a galarian articuno and realized afterwards I wasn't allowed to put it in a gym. Why? What's the point of catching something like that if you cannot show it off? I felt somewhat disrespected and that was the last straw.
>>
>>683812034
Since when are gym leaders allowed to use legendaries? The game is kikeshit but I'd say they're in the right there
>>
>>683812171
Sounds like you a bitch.
>>
>>683811096
When people realized it was just Ingress with Pokemon and not like an actual F2P mobile real pokemon game or some augmented reality version of such.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.