[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715894386188.png (1.04 MB, 1140x570)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Is anyone else noticing a rise in popularity for ds2? People are finally coming around to it.
>>
Honestly I just replayed it and it was worse than I remembered it.
>>
nobody is. you're just a schizoid that wants to paint some kinda revisionism as dark souls 2 actually being a good game KEK
>>
>>683811108
No, but the contrarians are piping up more on /v/.
>>
I played it two years ago to finally see what it's actually like and it was even worse than I thought
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 85x85)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>683811108
one
THOUSAND
invasions
>>
>>683811108
I started a new playthrough as a sorcerer because throughout all the games I've never really played as a pure sorcerer dude and it's pretty fun, I plan to pick up Mytha's dagger as my backup weapon. I don't think anyone is coming round to it, the game is pretty clapped, but I do appreciate the unique stuff it tried.
>>
>>683811108
It had my favorite PVP. Backstep I-Frames were standard and actually useful. I actually felt like I was having a proper duel when it came down to me and another guy just swinging at each other with Falchions. I was pretty good with a scythe, too.

Warped Sword is still my weaponfu
>>
>>683812386
On release we were all needed our Dark Souls itch scratched, and honestly the multiplayer was great which you wouldn't get anymore. Nowadays soulslike blew up so there isn't an itch to scratch.
>>
>>683813471
I still miss the bell tower covenant, whatever it was called.
I miss covenants in general, fuck. I cant believe with all the cool factions, schools of magic, endings, etc we didnt get a SINGLE covenant.
>>
>>683811108
It's the worst Souls but still worth playing
>>
>>683813808
>start new playthrough
>lets try faith havent done that in a while
>Sunlight Spear locked behind covenant
>WotG locked behind 150 invaders
>Bountiful Sunlight locked behind 500 invaders
>Great Chaos Fireball locked behind 500 invasions

yeah no fuck covenants. Why the fuck should i need to kill so many assholes for something they couldve just put somewhere else?
At least in DS3 you could just farm this shit offline
>>
File: GPL6bopaQAAzySC.jpg (428 KB, 2731x4096)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>683811108
there are some good things about it but it mostly felt like playing a floaty fan game made in unity
>>
>>683814637
Yes that's a drawback of the covenant system and could have been reworked. But at least it actually incentivized PVP in a tangible, material way. You don't really get that today in ER's PVP, all you get is rune arcs, and who the fuck uses rune arcs anyway when the Great Runes are all lukewarm and halfbaked at best?

And this is to say nothing of the role-playing aspect that covenants offered, which is, you know, imporant to have in an RPG.
>>
>>683811108
most of the bosses are more fun to fight than anything in elden ring
that said
if you missed out on the online at launch then you missed the only reason it was great. invading as the rats / bellbois was probably some of my most fun ever in gaming

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.