[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 743020_front.jpg (338 KB, 640x854)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
is this good?
>>
spintires is better
>>
>>683813634
some informations about the trucks are a bit muddy bit it also has its up and downs
>>
File: imp.png (214 KB, 400x400)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>683814017
>>
>>683813634
>no manual h-gearbox
into the trash it goes
>>
this shit is such a fucking stutterfest even on high end hardware
>>
>>683815523
high end machine from 20 years ago or what?
>>
>>683813634
I totally enjoyed it, reminded me of driving trucks like this in the same conditions in the oil field. Thank god I never rolled my truck irl. This game feels like the death stranding of driving games. It’ll take 100h to clear everything they want you to do easily. I recommend it.
>>
>>683813634
If you prefer a relaxing gameplay it's very good. And it's free of woke nonsense! A straight white man's game. The only problem I had was keeping my mods up to date with every new release of yet another DLC. Mods improve this game a lot.

https://mod.io/g/snowrunner
>>
>>683813634
Snowpiercer is better
>>
>>683813793
you have shit taste and no foundation to speak from
>>
>>683813793
>spintires is better
Spintires has the best physics and audio, but lackluster maps and the mod support is a pain in the ass.

Mudrunner is somewhere in between, more casual physics than Spintires, not as casual as Snowrunner, ok maps, good mod support.

Snowrunner has the best variety of content, campaign/progression and best mods, but it's physics and audio are lacking.

Expeditions is lol
>>
>dude trucks bro mud
moids are so cringe
>>
>>683815523
?
>>
>>683818269
kill yourself you trooned out freak
>>
>>683813634
It's great, meaty campaign and one of the few games around where the DLC (the ones that include new maps) are good value, a single run of a single DLC is usually 20+ hours easily, usually more and there's basically infinite mod content if you don't way to get the DLC. I don't think i've used a single vanilla vehicle in the last few hundred hours i've played.

>>683816910
Surprisingly solid take.

t.1000+ hours in each of them.
>>
>>683813634
It has a good campaign and progression which is why it's popular but as a simulation it's shit compared to the earlier games which were made by real devs.
>>
>>683820087
>which were made by real devs.
Literally the same devs.
>>
>>683820410
>Literally the same devs.
nope
>>
>>683820476
>nope
Yeap, just an expanded team for Snowrunner because it's a much bigger game. Same core dev that solo'd spintires with the team gradually growing from spintires to mudrunner to snowrunner.
>>
>>683820790
>Same core dev
Besides...you know...the creator of Spintires.
>>
>>683822108
What are you talking about? Snowrunner was made by the same guy who solo'd the original Spintires. The only thing that's changed is the publisher, which fucked him and why he went to find a new publisher and make new games.
>>
>>683822458
How new are you? Pavel has nothing to do with shitrunner, he's listed as a "consultant" so he can collect his check. He has nothing to do with that game.
>>
>>683822706
>Pavel has nothing to do with Snowrunner
>He's just the creative lead
>And it uses his engine
>The same engine as Spintires and Mudrunner
lol
lmfao
>>
>>683816910
The whole point of those games are the physics. It makes sense the one that doesn't have good physics sucks ass
>>
is this shit playable on kbm or you need a controller?
>>
>>683823410
It's easier with kbm, at least for me
>>
>>683823329
>The whole point of those games are the physics.
No there is more to games than physics. I mean if all you wanted was Physics you'd play Beam NG. Better physics, but no real game.
>>
Is it worth playing on a controller? I really wanna give it a shot but the lack of wheel makes me feel weird
>>
>>683823202
>Pavel has nothing to do with Snowrunner
Yup and it shows.
>>
>>683823820
Not what he meant.

>>683823781
Plays best with a controller imo for more precise throttle input, wheel is fun but moving the camera/crane/winching is a pain, keyboard and mouse works well, you just don't have analog inputs for a lot of things.
>>
how come a game thats literally only about driving doesn't have manual transmission??
>>
>>683813634
i like double stacking loose cargo, yes i think its a good game
>>
>>683823604
BeamNG's car physics may be more dynamic and engaging but the terrain has almost none of the interactivity that you get from snow/mudrunner
>>
>>683813634
it's good but grindy as shit and I don't like when games have unlocks hidden as items spread all over just let me buy it from earning cash for fucks sakes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.