[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ah81fpvnuv031.jpg (27 KB, 500x400)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Why should I side against him again?
>>
>>683822278
Because it's fun to beat the devil.
>>
He looks vaguely brown, that's enough reason
>>
>>683822278
Cause it's more fun than the alternative gameplay wise
>>
>>683822278
>devil incarnate
>likes making "pacts" and "deals" and using vague terms in order to screw people over
>looks like the stereotypical jew
incredibly based CDPR
>>
>>683822278
He's literally Satan.
>>
>>683824735
That means he's the good guy.
>>
Because the other choice is a serial rapist and murderer that cause misery and death. Even humoring the idea of fuckung over this devil, the devil WILL get back at Geralt. He has all the time in the world. Geralt doesn't and he is growing older
>>
>>683822278
You don't have to. Olgierd made his compact and Gaunter never cheats. Gaunter actually cares about the quality of people, Olgierd doesn't, which is why Gaunter knows more about Geralt than Olgierd does at the end of the story. Olgierd is all about himself.

https://youtu.be/D_Sdm3E5cpI?si=d6bGK-qP96ZpOm7W&t=210
>>
>made a deal
>expected to follow the terms of said deal
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME WITCHERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>683824948
>a serial rapist

Uhh....no?
>>
>>683822278
Because it's your doody as a witcher to defend humanoids against the supernatural.
Your purpose is to make sure elves, gnomes, halflings, dwarves, and humans come out on top against magical beings.
>>
>>683826487
Except Olgierd never technically gave Geralt a contract against Gaunter'o dim.
>>
File: 6783h899f.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>683822278
He is way more dangerous than some "asshole". Also look at this.
>>
Because he goes around offering people deals that fuck up their lifes.
He follows rules, writes up contracts and speaks softly. But his purpose isn't order or positive outcomes for all involved.
It's not about siding with Olgierd, who has made his own errors, it's about stopping an evil supernatural entity.
>>
>>683827478
What am I looking at?
>>
>>683827679
A morning view after having a duel of wits with literal Satan. Also a cool sword and heartfelt goodbye.
>>
>>683827615
But he saved your ass. And if you do the quest before finding Ciri he helps with tips how to save her ass as well.
>>
>>683827896
Geralt is in trouble due to the Frog Prince, the price is turned into a frog due to the cascade of events caused by Gaunter.
So he's technically saving you from the trouble he caused.
The tips he gives are payment for a contract, which he has to follow. At least I remember so.
>>
>>683826992
Witchers don't need a contract to act against threats.
>>
>>683824686
That actually isn't what happened and you didn't play the game.
>>
>>683822278
More content
>>
>>683824686
>take loan that clearly says interest is 30%
>decide to gamble the money away
>now have you pay
>what?? You should have known that I wouldn't be good for it! Why would you expect someone as dumb as me to understand what 30% means??
>>
>>683827615
>speaks softly
This is the most important part though. Is it that he didn't tell them the fine print or that they knew and didn't think the consequences would happen? I remember it as the latter.
>>
>master of the universe
>looks like a serbian street vendor
>>
File: Sal.png (187 KB, 361x319)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>683822278
I didn't play this until after beating the main game so it was jarring seeing this weirdo from the first tavern you go to in the tutorial area of the main game becoming such a big character
ALSO the wedding level is probably the most memorable quest out of any rpg I've played for some reason. Vlodimir was a bro and Triss didn't care that I cheated on her with Shani kek
>>
>>683822278
He is a prick through and through. Why would I not take vengance on this smug evil suprnatural shithead? Fucking him over is a reward in itself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.