[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DK64 box art.jpg (455 KB, 1279x930)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
What's the most overrated vidya game ever made, which definitely doesn't deserve the hype and love it got?
>>
>>683824758
Ocarina of Time, these days people who don't even comprehend Z-Targeting chalk it up to being simple lock-on, and proceed to claim the game invented it, and that it's its only claim to fame, and that it influenced every video game, and that that's why it's still the greatest game ever made all the while people play any and every other game instead.
>>
>>683824758
Undertale. It has a good soundtrack, and some of the bosses are great. The rest of the game is boring RPG combat, loads of annoying characters, and incredibly unfunny humor.
>>
>>683824758
GTA 5.

7/10 on a good day. It was generally ambitious though so I respect that.
>>
Bloodborne since the people that hype it up the most have never played it.
>>
>>683824758
DK64 is fine
nobody overestimates it.
It is a rare game after all.
>>683824954
This is more like it. Undertale is mega overrated.
>>683824945
faggot zoomer contrarian spotted. For it's time, and even today, is an excellent game.

My vote goes for League of Legends.
>>
Umdertale
>>
>>683824758
Honestly pretty much ANYTHING from Nintendo after the end of the SNES era. It's all fucking shit.
>>
>>683824758
You posted the opposite. Even people who like it don't claim it to be a great n64 game or a great dk game. But the haters don't shut the fuck up about it. This game had amazing atmosphere back when 3d worlds were new and fun to explore
>>
Super Mario 64. The game is fucking UNPLAYABLE, the controls are absolutely shit and the camera is fucking terrible.
>>
>>683824954
Also forgot to mention the lack of any real replayability. There's no way to vary your runs, it's always going to play the same besides the difference of sparing or killing. Once you do the three routes (if you even want to put up with the horrible Genocide grinding just for two bosses) you've gotten all you can get out of it.
>>
File: Maaad.jpg (22 KB, 301x121)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>683825182
Literally the only good things about DK64 were the rap and the K.Rool boss fight. That's it.
Way too much bullshit, in terms of having to collect everything in each level five times over and jank like the conveyor belts that pretend they're up against the wall but really aren't, it's just not a good game you play it once and finally move on with your life after you get past all of the padding.
>>
>>683825089
No way, I played and replayed OoT for a good decade when it came out. Shit's too boring to playthrough once now.
>>
>>683824758

breath of the wild
>>
File: 1691335283198924.webm (3.9 MB, 1280x1416)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
>>683825089
>For it's time, and even today, is an excellent game.
>>
>>683824758
Everything by Rare, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Banjo-Kazooie.
>>
>>683824758
Mario Galaxy garbage, also Mario 3

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.