[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1720594547297655.png (190 KB, 424x655)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
Normies:
>videogame music isn't real music, you're an incel loser if you listen to it
Me:
>can't listen to normie music no matter what and think it sounds like shit, specially niggerap that is so popular these days
Who is in the wrong here?
>>
You, for making this faggot thread.
>>
>>683826289
I like listening to video game music, especially while I'm writing. I get so much inspiration from it. It's been good treatment for my writer's block.
>>
>>videogame music isn't real music, you're an incel loser if you listen to it
I have literally never heard anyone say this
t. ex-normalfag
>>
>>683826573
Only music shizos say that. Thay have their entire personality built around who have better taste. Claiming that video game music is not music is thier "you didn't beat the game"
>>
>>683826289
i remember being 13 too anon
>>
>>683826289
Normies.

They are also extremely bitter.
>>
>>683826289
Game ost sounds better to you because you most likely heard it during dopamine rush and your brain still recreates some of it when you hear it again
>>
>>683826289
How about you just listen to what you like, maybe occasionally step out of your comfort zone if you like, and just enjoy things? Music snobbism is pure cringe anyway because it robs the medium of emotion and romance.
>>
>>683826289
I sent one a vocal track from a game and they couldn't tell the difference.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=izFwwGx-wmo
This plays during the the boss stage featuring Zarro, Lord of the Wolves.
I feel like people poo on any music that's just nonvocal nowadays.
>>
>>683826289
Normie music does suck but if literally all you listen to is from video games you really need to branch out.
>>
video game music is the tendies of music genres
good stuff sometimes but mainly consumed by autistic retards because they can't handle anything outside of their rigid comfort zone
>>
File: 1699372503052359.png (151 KB, 462x451)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>683826289
I enjoy both. Also anyone who gets insecure over the things they enjoy for being "immature" or "not adult like" is just a waste of space.
>>
>>683827037
This just sounds like an early 2000s RHCP track, anyone with actual taste should call this trash
>>
>>683827037
This dude gets it. Like nothing is more annoying than that one guy who never shuts the fuck up on how his taste in music is superior to everyone else and you probably never heard of the artist
>>
>>683826289
This dostinction only made sense in the days of older consoles that had very limited sound chips so you had a genuine split between vidya music and regular music. But once you get past that point there's no longer any real divide besides musical direction, and even that has been less and less relevant.
That's not to mention games like Burnout that just used licensed songs for their soundtrack. But being reasonable and level-headed isn't cultured apparently, instead you have to base your whole identity around one thing and reject everything else.
>>
>normie
Normalfags need to be killed.
>>
>>683826289
Modern rap is so ass. It’s either mumbling nonsense about drugs and sex, or corny “conscious” rap like Kendrick where it’s all about unironic black supremacy and how the cops want to shoot them dead (they don’t)
>>
>>683826289
Video Game music is good but it's made with a context in mind so it's rather the exception than the rule that it's something i'd listen to on itself.
If you think normal music sucks and rap is the only example you can come up with, it's just a proof you've barely delved into music as a whole though.
It's like how zoomers love persona music where it's literally just jazz/soul music
>>
>>683826289
Are we normies in deniel?
>>
File: 1692099528012282.png (489 KB, 958x733)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>>683826289
I almost exclusively listen to vocaloids and heavy metal
>>
>>683826289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyneiz9FRMw
>>
>>683830375
I would assume like any young wagie he's probably sick of the obnoxious shit playing over the building speakers. There's rap there, but also annoying pop and various women imitating Taylor Swift. There was one I heard a lot that was some guy with a whiny, uptalk lilt going "lowlowlowlowlow" over and over, and one called "little boo thang" that made me want to die every time it came on. They're quite popular on the radio though.
Became significantly less irritating when it was changed to a station that played older music.
>>
normie music be like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyLyq6aBTY
>>
>Had a normie black project partner for a class in highschool, we have to make a video about something
>He wants to make a video about this rapper that he likes
>I tell him that I don't like rap music
>He tries to convince me that this rapper's music is way better than other rappers
>He tells me that it has really deep meaning behind the song
>He brings up a website that analyses the lyrics and describes the meaning of each line
>Every single line is just "The artist fucked this hoe" or "killed this nigga" or "stole this shit" and then tries to write it with prose so it sounds like some deep profound experience
>>
>>683826289
to be fair why the fuck would you rot your soul with kike sponsored niggerap?
>>
>>683826573
Well yeah, nobody actually says it out loud. It's just the stance they take, like a baseline assumption or belief held that videogames aren't serious or art.
>Are you really listening to Vidya music, anon?
Like that. Though OP along with people like him are doing a similar thing and are therefore fags too, so it's whatever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.