[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702693281151249.png (178 KB, 5000x2308)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Has buying an established studio ever worked?
>>
>>683829815
It used to.
Bungie are a prime example of all the talent slowly leaving throughout the years. Hell even all the guys who put together Destiny have left, its why any game they make it doomed to be shit like Concord. Seriously people do not understand how responsible bungie are for concord being shit.
>>
>>683829815
Sure. Bungie worked out great for Microsoft.
>>
Microsoft bought... uh...... well no I guess not
>>
>>683829815
Back in the day before 2010ish there were studios filled with talented and creative driven people like Westwood and Bungie that would be consider good investment. Of course not anymore these days since Steam and the internet allowing self publishing your games instead of relying on middle men publishers like EA or Microsoft. Also, current gaming culture and corporations have completely driven off any hope to make a fun appealing game that's not filled with microtransaction or rainbow hair ugly characters with cringe dialog.
>>
>>683830946
Current gaming culture will kill anything worthy of being called videogame studios
>>
>>683829815
Sony bought them because they were making tens of millions in profit since almost all of Destiny 2s content was reused and recolored slop from when Activision funded them and millions of goys were buying their cosmetics and paying 120$ per expansion for the privilege, not realizing that eventually they would have to make something new.
>>
File: 1721140079759720.jpg (28 KB, 645x363)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>683829815
I mean, it worked for microsoft for a little bit
>>
>>683829815
We know Sony is retarded, most people working for Bungie are mentally ill, come on OP.
>>
>>683829951
I mean under Microsoft they crunched to the eleventh hour and somehow struck gold 3 times. Halo should not have been the system sell it was because of how mismanaged and frat-boy'd Bungie is/was.
>>
Not for the studio.
As it should be. Sell outs shouldn't get rewarded for it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.