[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'd do it, most of my games are on the epic games store.
TIMMY PLEASE, MAKE THIS A REALITY
>>
>>683829853
the only point of the EGS is getting free games timmy already paid for, so i'd only get one of those if timmy paid for it and gave it to me for free
pretty sure he's too busy chewing remotes to do that though so he can suck my dick
>>
>>683829979
I buy games on egs the cashback is too good.
>>
>>683829853
Idk, maybe. I'm eyeing a device with magnetic detachable controllers, essentially a super powered Switch.
>>
>>683830140
Would be cool if they used joycons.
>>
>>683829853
Hahaha, no.
>>
>>683829853
Hahahaha yes
>>
>>683829853
Can't you already play their shit on a Steam Deck? Epic actually trusts their users to not be retards and lets shit like Legendary and Heroic work as alternative, open-source clients, so you can just buy a Steam Deck and load up all your Epic Gays on it.
>>
>>683831126
Fortnut and anti cheat games like the crew motorfest thoughever
>>
>>683829853
It took Valve roughly a decade from when they first launched Steam for GNU/Linux based OSes.
Epic would need to make similar investments to create a self-hosted open-platform featuring their store.

They could do it easily, but they won't.
Tim will just continue to whine and complain.
>>
>>683831353
Timmy is cooking something I hope
>>
>>683829853
No, I wouldn't buy a handheld tied to one specific store.
>b-but steam deck
Runs games from all storefronts, even if those stores have no intention to support it.
>>
>>683831440
>Runs games from all storefronts,
Windows store thoughever.

Though honestly an xbox handheld might be better since P3 wants other storefronts on the handheld and wants it all to be easy to use with a controller and well intergrated.
>>
>>683831419
>Timmy is cooking something
He can barely make his stupid launcher working. I've start using it when I bought Borderlands 3 and it's still barely usable shit.
>>
>>683831575
Works better than steam for me.
>>
>>683831567
>Windows store thoughever.
Nothing stopping Microsoft from releasing their store as a Flatpak and having it work on SteamOS and other GNU/Linux based OSes.
Other than their pride.

Same problem Tim has.
>>
>>683831567
Oh shit, true. I completely forgot about Windows store because I've never even thought of using it.
Although you can still just install Windows on the Deck because it's not locked down in any way.
>>
File: IMG_1057.jpg (1.11 MB, 769x2057)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>683831440
> No, I wouldn't buy a handheld tied to one specific store
Epic games has more than one store. GOG and itch.io are on there.
>>
>>683829853
Just use the Heroic Games Launcher on a Steam Deck.
https://heroicgameslauncher.com/
How hard can it be?
>>
>>683832519
> How hard can it be?
No fortnite
The crew motorfest doesn’t work on it too
>>
>>683832934
I hear Microsoft is going to close the massive security hole Epic currently exploits with the Malware they use to discriminate against users of GNU/Linux based OSes.

So maybe Epic will finally fix that.
>>
>>683833049
>I hear Microsoft is going to close the massive
Meds
>>
>>683833049
>Epic currently exploits with the Malware they use to discriminate against users of GNU/Linux based OSes.
Double meds
They can't get rid of vanguard anyway consideribg too much money was invested by blizzard to make the anticheat
>>
>>683833049
>I hear Microsoft is going to close the massive security hole Epic currently exploits
Source?
>>
>>683835217
>>683835326
>>683835401
Did you guys miss Microsoft's massive fuck up in allowing Kernel Level Malware causing billions of dollars in damage?
They've been pointing fingers, but end result is Microsoft is a big boy company, every other OS vendor said no to that kind of crap.

Microsoft is going to restrict ring zero access to the NT kernel.
Something they should have done ages ago just like secure Linux based OSes.

When they do that all these Malware schemes by publishers disguised as 'anticheat' are going to stop working.
>>
>>683836262
They don't want to be in trouble with the eu
>>
>>683836429
They're already an illegal monopoly, but somehow they don't care about breaking themselves up.
You think they won't close the massive security flaw they've been letting even shitty video game companies use to compromise computers against their owners?
>>
>epicjeets so braindead they can't even think of getting a windows-based handheld PC that will support epic chink store natively
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
the most retarded thread I've seen this year so far
>>
>>683836684
Do you think they want to upset the eu. Even after the whole activision merger?
> they've been letting even shitty video game companies use to compromise computers against their owners?
Microsoft doesn't care and most gamers like anticheat. Some people just play on console due to there being way less hackers.
>>
>>683836820
I want an epic gsmes branded handheld with an epic games os thoughever. Not windows
>>
>>683837026
And windows is too janky on a handheld.
>>
>>683837026
thanks for giving me another laugh jeet, tell tim I'm still not even making account for his botnet lmao
and remember: poo goes in the loo
>>
>>683836947
>Do you think they want to upset the eu.
Which is going to upset the EU more now? A known security flaw that has already cost billions of dollars, or some Malware companies complaining about not being able to compromise users systems anymore?

>Microsoft doesn't care and most gamers like anticheat.
You know what Microsoft does care about? Making those gamers lock themselves into their walled garden platform.
You think they're going to act to protect Tencent?

Anticheat doesn't actually require kernel-level malware BTW. That's just an excuse to make you accept installing Rootkits.
Really secure anti-cheat software for multiplayer games is server side.
>>
>>683837026
>epic games os
What would that even be?
>>
>>683837512
Idk
>>
>>683837229
Don't care I'll still buy games on EGS
>>
>>683830850
They are essentially joycons
>https://pimax.com/pages/portal
>>
>>683837674
Hopefully they could work with microsoft or something.
>>
>>683837323
>You think they're going to act to protect Tencent?
Don't know why you are bringing up tencent. Epic is partly owned by sony but timmy has the highest shares.
>Really secure anti-cheat software for multiplayer games is server side.
Most games do not use it though even steam doesn't.
>>
>>683838037
Sony and disney.
>>
>>683838112
And lego.
Don't forget LEGO
>>
>>683838037
>even steam doesn't.
Steam isn't a game.

>Don't know why you are bringing up tencent.
They're the biggest NT kernel malware vendor.
>>
File: choi.gif (1.49 MB, 500x280)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB GIF
the point of a steamdeck is it runs linux. this supports gaben's goal of not being cucked by microsoft's shitty antics.

why would you need an epic store handheld? you can already install their client on any existing device.
>>
>>683838208
And fidelity.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-lego-fidelity-now-disney-180016082.html
>>
>inb4 EpicDeck runs FreeBSD
>>
>>683836262
thank christ
>>
no, i like steam
>>
>>683838224
>Steam isn't a game.
Their games do not use server side anti cheat. VAC is on windows and linux but it doesn't support proton. Games like CS2 don't use server side anti cheat.
>>
>>683838357
I have no use for steam os where everything is intergrated with steam and I need to use a steam account in order to acess the rest of the device at startup
>>
>>683838479
Nah man, Plan 9.
>>
yes I like epic
>>
>>683838665
>(Valve) games do not use server side anti cheat.
They do. Though that is not the sole thing. They have a user space service as well.

>VAC is on windows and linux but it doesn't support proton.
All the VAC games are GNU/Linux native, so no reason to support Proton.
VAC isn't the only user space anticheat on GNU/Linux based OSes, EAC also works that way, and similarly only works for native Linux games.
This despite Tim claiming he wanted to support Wine, but dropped it the minute Valve actually invested in it.

There is zero reason to accept Rootkit Malware.
>>
>>683838776
ok but there are other handhelds that you can also install your epic games launcher on.
why would you need one specifically from tim?
>>
>>683839986
Cause the ui would be better to use. No cap frfr
>>
I wouldn't buy anything from Epic CCP
>>
>>683840642
cap.
>>
>>683837152
hilariously, windows 11 works better on the legion go than it does on my desktop. when windows finally demands windows 11, I'm going to linux because of how busted 11 is for my desktop needs.
>>
>>683840715
Don’t you mean EPIC Sony/lego/disney
>>
>>683838479
It would just run the latest windows

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.