[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: exploration.png (1.23 MB, 1415x767)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
Last thread was nice, so let's have another, how do you like your adventure games with exploration games, better known by that weird name? aka "metroidvania", interestingly enough it seems like the games predate the term because many old ones like Zelda 2 already had many of those elements, not to mention Metroid itself being called a metroidvania by some idiot youtubers out there.

But what do you prefer? Exp leveling, fixed upgrades, keys, mobility upgrades, more linear, less linear, equipped loadouts, fixed arsenal with upgrades, etc.
>>
File: 1692300604517152.jpg (586 KB, 1920x1080)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
Yeah, this game is still as fun as I remember. Getting powered up is what makes it enjoyable. My bullets are toxic, on fire, electrified, explodes, can be charged, has a damaging aura, lights up the night and gets bigger the more scrap I have.
>>
File: 171944264321826.png (403 KB, 450x1200)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>683832992
I think Samus Returns might be my favorite Metroid game
>>
>>683834860
>Samus Returns over AM2R
I really need to find a way to stop coming here. almost invariably, anons have fucking AIDS-induced shit taste.
>>
>>683836881
I prefer AM2R honestly, the whole melee gimmick is just not my thing.
>>
>>683836881
>Samus Returns over AM2R
I didn't like that game so yeah to me SR is better
>>
>>683832992
-Experimental abilities and movement systems
-Atmospheric experience
(Within a Deep Forest)
>>
>>683836881
>what the FUCK anon, don't you know your preferred game isn't the most popularly rated one? oh my GAWD why do I keep returning here like a dog drawn to its vomit
>>
>>683838329
What does that mean exactly?
>>
>>683838645
Within a Deep Forest is a game centered entirely around different Morphballs. Ball forms with different properties. It's freeware so boot it up and see for yourself.
>https://www.nifflas.com/games/Within%20a%20Deep%20Forest%20114.zip
>>
>>683832992
I'm playing ender lillies and while the visuals and ost are nice i find the gameplay and exploration rather dull. Idk if i'm still too early (around 3h in).
I loved astlibra but i don't think you would consider it a metroidvania, more like a action rpg side scroller.
Still have blasphemous and salt and sanctuary on my backlog so i'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>683838931
Please link to the page first, I have had a bad experience with some direct links in the past.
>>
>>683839041
the fuck are you talking about, you got a virus in the past 20 years?
take the link
>https://www.nifflas.com/games/Within%20a%20Deep%20Forest%20114.zip
backspace it until its his page of games. not like it makes a difference. there's other games of his there too, but not all of them are metroid.
>https://www.nifflas.com/games/
>>
>>683839179
I got someone to almost steal my website accounts and then try to hijack more accounts on my discord just a few months back.
>>
>>683839276
how did you manage that? you know the difference between a phishing scam and a direct download link to a game don't you?
>>
>>683839409
It was a perfect storm, a former client of mine wanted me to check his latest project, so I obliged, but he turned out to be someone else who stole my client's discord account, in any case this could have sufficed too.
https://archive.org/details/Within_a_Deep_Forest
>>
>>683839904
>archive.org
that's some random stranger's reupload my dude, I gave you the developer's website.
>>
>>683839985
Not for the download, the info on the game and the developer.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.