[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714926003818860m.jpg (127 KB, 683x1024)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
What makes you interested in Five Nights at Freddys? Was there a game or theme that did it best?
For me the confusing atmosphere of the first game created an unmatched ambiance, and Sister Location giving the funtimes narrative control with Baby monologing and coercing you the whole time was awesome stylistically and thematically.
>>
>>683833294
I'm pretty sure looking back the only thing I liked about Fnaf was the fan animations from people like Piemations or the sfm shit, everything else related to the series is aids
>>
>>683833294
I like chuck e cheese and learning about lore, especially when it comes to kids companies. You could give me a non-horror game about a kid’s company where nothing goes wrong and as long as it had good worldbuilding and told me about the company’s past, I’d play it. I’m excited for ufo 50 for this reason as it seems to go through a fictional game company’s history.
>>
>>683833294
I just like the concept of ghosts trying to get revenge on their murderer by possessing machines.
>>
>>683833294
it was the breadcrumbs and secrets in the first game, but i dont like any of the sequels or where they went
>>
I think it was more interesting when you didn't know why the animatronics were acting this way. Now we have murderers going into electronics and ghost goop or whatever bullshit. My kids will tell me shit and I basically mentally check out because it's gotten so far off and nonsensical. It just feels like there was never a plan and Scott and other people just add whatever shit.
>>
File: 1722030454171.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>683833294
FOR ME ITS ROXY.
>>
>>683834493
Im with you. Its fun to imagine cliche tropes being the secrets, but when the cliche tropes actually are the secret and its revealed its such a boner killer
>>
>>683834493
explaining the mysteries ruins the mystery, its nicer to just have the concept of robots going rogue and acting outside of their programmed behaviour than spooky angry baby ghosts getting revenge on zombified purple man and stuff
>>
>>683833294
The animatronic designs, trying to be creepy, the sense of humor, and sometimes the gameplay. I hope Into the Pit is good.
>>683834493
Yeah Scott said he didn't have a plan. He just made games to satisfy people. He said 4 was due to complaints about how 3 wasn't scary. SL was made to try something different. FFPS was made to close the story. etc. He has been making it up as he goes along, which I think is fine.
>>
File: 1722030884201.png (3.13 MB, 1440x3089)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB PNG
>>683834882
Uhmm nah...the animatronics having the souls of Afton's victims is just good writing. Then you have the killer get springlocked into an animatronic suit and become what is essentially a mechanical zombie. Its peak horror.
>>
>>683835224
springjack was good, ghosts was not
>>
>>683835351
Why?
>>
File: 1690683663769959.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>683833294
I liked the initial two games and the mystery/simplicity. Just you, some shitty cameras, a scary atmosphere, some murderous robots and a vague but not too convoluted mystery.

Then it grew too much. Became popular beyond all expectations. It's no longer just you trapped in a spooky, haunted place with faulty electronic equipments, it's now some MCU tier everything is connected with everything plus parallel universes or whatever. It became too big for its own good and lost its identity.
>>
>>683835473
supernaturals arent fun, once you introduce
>ghosts did it
then the mystique kinda wears off because everything can be attributed to ghosts
>>
Security Breach is a great game and I'm tired of pretending its not.
>>
I will say part of the fun of the mystery is discovering it as you go along. The writing in a vacuum isnt great but the way you become invested in these locations and robots and the freaky hallucinations you see paint an immersive picture you want to complete.
Also, I think the visual and audio red herrings from the first game were so powerful and they never brought it back. Shadow Bonnie, Shadow Freddy snd the endos in 2 are kind of like that but they are too rare to even be on the same plane as the csrnival music, Foxy's humming, the ITS ME popups, and how Gold Freddy first functioned with the poster.
The latter games compensated for this with the 8bit minigames and cutscenes for its storytelling but it lacked the dimension those extra throw-off mechanics did. Horror needs the right amount of confusion to make me terrified.
>>
File: 1712545924360631.gif (3.26 MB, 498x498)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB GIF
>>683835882
I'll be honest with you, I did not play it, the concept and story look neat and fleshed out, but the execution shits the bed so hard in writing, mechanics, and performance. Do you like it for the concept and the art design? The voice acting and visuals are really impressive.
>>
>>683836161
>people discovering you can actually read the newspaper clippings on the wall in FNAF1
>increasing brightness on update image reveals hidden info
it was all these breadcrumbs and piecing them together that made it great
>>
fnaf had a simple but good story
>killer kills kids by stuffing them into suits
>kids kept alive by soul majyyks
>kids haunt killer
>killer killed in same way his victims did
>kept from truly passing on through same majyyks his victims suffered through
>burn him, send him to hell and his victims to rest.
combine that with springtrap's design being genuinely fantastic and you're golden (lol)
i thought scott was a really good writer but seeing how it all turned out he just got lucky that one time. he's the monkey that wrote shakespeare, then went back to keysmashing.
the continuous retcons, characters you simply don't know if you haven't read the secondary media, refusal to let william die... man it sucks how it fell apart
i miss when people thought vanessa was meant to be some psycho follower to william, idolising him and trying to continue his legacy - that would have kept her as a villain without the afton brain virus mind control shit
it just became too marketable and lost all its edge

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.