[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (1.04 MB, 4032x2268)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
How do you get past the haunted house in Vampire Bloodlines as a big pussy like me?
>>
>>683834327
First you gotta find the print screen key
>>
remember that youre a fucking vampire and nothing can hurt you
>>
you gotta be 18 to post, bud
>>
first you must stop taking the hormones, you will never be a woman
>>
>>683834441
I'm 32
>>
File: 1719948492594671.jpg (36 KB, 564x564)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>you will never experience ocean house for the first time again
>>
>>683834327
there's unironically a console command to skip it
>>
Try relaxing with some less scary games like Thief: Deadly Shadows and Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay.
>>
You press W because nothing actually happens
>>
>>683834974
and then wait in the dumbwaiter until the kitchen is safe
>>
>>683834327
I know that feel anon
>>
>>683834327
I was the biggest pussy on the planet as a teen and even I got through this with only minor goosebumps
>>
>>683834327
I believe in you anon, you can do it. I'm easily scared too but Ocean House is great.
Also the rest of the game is absolutely amazing and you would be missing out if you left here.
>>
>>683834327
>the scariest thing in game was a spooky mansion
Still giggling about it years later desu
>>
>>683834327
Unironically just turn off the sound in horror games removes like 95% of the horror

>>683834632
I remember the first time, there was some weird ass bug I could never replicate
During the part where you're in the hallway, there was sort of orange light, I thought it was like electricty sparks so I walked into it and instantly died. Orange light was never there again.
it was on the ground floor IIRC, on the right side (same side as you enter)
>>
>>683838152
Bloodlines modding autist here. I'm not sure where you mean exactly, but to the right of the starting hallway is one of many ghost "NPC" triggers, and the Bloodlines engine can sometimes freak out if two characters occupy the same space. If it didn't trigger immediately for whatever reason, if you walked over it, then the game could have freaked out.
Sometimes causes death, usually it causes a crash, occasionally it can repell both objects/characters away although that tends to be a property of bigger monsters like the Asian squid creature and the werewolf, I'm guessing to compensate for their size and large limbs clipping you.
It could have been something else though, the ghosts should be player transparent. And the fact you say that it was an orange light makes me think it might have also been one of the fire trigger_hurt entities from upstairs firing too early, but you said it was on the ground floor, so I'm not sure.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.22 MB, 2116x1081)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>683838821
picrel, that hallway, entry door is to my right.

I think it was a fire glitching out. Since I did walk into the fire before to test it out and it seemed to kill me over a second or two
This 'glitch' basically killed me instantly. It was sort of an orange version of the purple light/thing whatever that is in some areas of Ocean House
>>
What never made sense to me is how the guy went crazy and murdered his whole family during the same day and the hotel got haunted and closed down instantly after that, but there are newspaper articles all over the hotel about the events.
>>
>>683839710
Yeah it was definitely fire then. How weird. What game version were you using? Were you using the unofficial patch? I'm going to have a look at the map and script for this level tomorrow.
>>
>>683834427
Except
>fire
>bullets
>the sun
>blunt force trauma
>swords
>knives
>sharpened pieces of wood
>12 foot tall wolf men
>wizards, both alive and not
>explosions
>the wrath of god
>other vampires
>horrors beyond comprehension
>horrors within comprehension
>ancient blood magic
>mystical poisons
>being a little too hungry
And more!
>>
>>683840816
This was around the UP version 10.0, several years ago and I believe it was the plus version
>>
>>683841137
Thanks for the info, it has probably been patched in the time since, but I'm going to double check...
>>
>>683834327
>big pussy
Step one should be getting opposable thumbs
>>
>>683834746
are you implying these are even scarier???
>>
>>683843113
Anon he clearly said "less scary"
>>
>>683834327
I've always been a big pussy for horror growing up. I've had plenty of non-horror games scare/unnerve me. I'm usually able to always immerse myself and make myself vulnerable for segments such as these in any game. I tend to prefer horror elements most and find then most potent when they are presented in non-horror games. I don't know what it was about this place but I found it so fucking goofy when I went through it. Fucking Max Payne has scared me more than this goofy fun house. Call of the Wild: TheAngler scared me a couple of weeks ago with a ghost town that had Silent Hill tier sound design. It's a fucking fishing game. Fear is such a strange thing.
>>
>>683840565
News agencies work fast.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.