[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2024-07-25-22-09-20-693.jpg (2.54 MB, 4000x3000)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
Gacha games are basically glorified todo lists, all of them eventually devolve into the stage where your "progress" grinds to halt and you either put in the money to get over the next barrier or do tedious daily actions to slowly power up your team to get over the barrier eventually. The competitive aspects feed the FOMO and give advantage to players who were in from the start, a kind of pyramid scheme. Such disgusting game design patterns all around. When you step away from it and look at it, you realize there really isn't a game but a dopamine box designed to trap you.
>>
>>683837240
doesn't everyone know this already? South park had an episode about it that is just spot on and impossible to deny. "Gacha" is just microtransactions + gambling
>>
>>683837240
I want the slime glass
a friend of mine got a Jack Frost glass like that too which is perfect for milk.
>>
File: 1660434011846135.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>you realize there really isn't a game but a dopamine box designed to trap you
Most people playing these games are gambling addicts in denial/
>b--b--bbut I only spend $5 a month
>i only spend nothin I'm f2p!!11
Yet they can't and won't ever quit. At best they will drop one game and pick up another.
>>
>Your "power" can be reduced to a finite number
>Progression is just making the number big enough
>Making the number big involves investing in strong units
>Which units you have access to and their upper limits are determined at random
>You are expected to deal with that you get for the entirety of the game's lifespan (also random)
I do not see the point in playing a game like this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.