[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you guys play on your modded Vita? Got mine a few months ago ans it's so cool!
>>
For me it's basically a big PSP. As far as dedicated Vita games go it's probably one of the worst platforms I own.
>>
>>683843392
I beat Star Ocean First Departure, Steamworld Dig 2, Dragon Quest Builders, Metroid Fusion, Banjo Kazooie Grunty Revenge on mine.
>>
>>683843478
I used to think the same. Never played this thing for years and then I modded it and holy shit it can basically do everything. My most played console now honestly. Sony made a good piece of hardware here shame they never gave it a true chance.
>>
>>683843721
It's a novelty really. "I can play Half-Life, but why would I do that."
"oh Simpsons Hit & Run is almost running full speed on it, might replay that."
>>
>>683843834
I think it's cool that the mod community just ported the whole Half-life 1 game to vita. Crazy how dedicated they are for a console that was abandoned years ago.
>>
Monster Hunter Frontier Z, GTA SA, Tetris (Apotris through gba emu), FF7, FF CC, Gravity Rush, Taiko no tatsujin, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. My little one loves Monkey Super Ball or whatever since it is very intuitive with the motion control.
>>
>>683844037
I just think it's neat!
that the open source engine was ported, so it actually results in Half-Life, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike being on the Vita.
however >but why would I do that
>>
>>683843392
You got meme'd on Anon. I got a hacked Vita and its far from the comfy emulation station people claim it is.

>Cannot run 'medium' intensity 2d arcade games from the 90s without slowdown. While Alien Vs Predator arcade beat em up runs fine, Xmen Arcade Beat em Up is too much for this thing to handle. Really dissapointed it cant even do 2d games that are like 15-20 years old. Used Retroarch
>BTW Retroach's Vita version, from when i used it back around 2 or 3 years ago was all but abandoned. I played SNES Magic Knight Rayearth SNES RPG for an hour. Only to find out Saving wasnt supported. Quick saves have 50% chance to crash Retroarch so you cant play games that rely on saves
>PSP emulation looks worse than on an actual PSP. Something about the pixel ratio doesnt match the ratio on a Vita so you get missing lines and more aliasing. Dont belive me, theres a bounty on getting this fixed that no ones claim for years.
https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/15l330c/native_resolution_for_psp_games_on_psvita_bounty/

Hey buts its great for playing downloaded vita games, eng translations of vita games and low intensity 2d emulation that doesnt require saves. Im convinced people were just lying to themselves about how good it is because the form factor is so desirable.

I love the vita and own 2 pstvs and 1 vita handheld but i cant lie to myself and i wont let anyone else be fooled.
>>
>>683843392
anything that I can play on my vita I will play on my vita
>>
>>683844884
I really haven't encountered or noticed any of those issues so I'm just peachy. Thing is incredible glad I dug it up and modded mine after so long.
>>
File: 20211005_211419.webm (2.77 MB, 480x852)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB WEBM
>>683845396
Threres a difference between no being able to notice and the problem not being there. I tested it for a long time years ago. You just got it. If you dont have a native psp or experience with seeing native psp games then your not going to notice how shit they look. Perhaps your not downloading 2d games that are medium or greater intensity and havent seen this thing shit itself, but i guarantee you the problems dont just exist on my vita.
>>
>>683845602
what is that gay shit, maybe it's because you have bad taste and play AIDs
>>
>>683844884
I just tested Vita's Retroarch myself, and aside from needing to do some tinkering, saves work fine. One of the options is usually disabled to prevent excess read/writing on the mem card.
>>
>>683845764
Are you really complaining about anime fan service on the vita? Thats what the vita is know for newfag
>>
>>683845602
Well it works great on mine.
>>
>>683845795
Well, if theres a way to get it working im glad you found it. The other problems still persist and im afraid theres no option to tick to make it perform better the way it handles emulation on psp games and not so intense arcade emulation. (Yes im aware you can overclock it at the cost of your system life span, but is that really a good trade off?)

>>683845764
So instead of confronting any of the issues you attack me directly? Very telling of your character

>>683846494
Got any games you wanna name that your playing or you just going to be purposefully vague about it? I understand you just got the thing and this is stuff you dont wanna hear but im not the one causing the issues with the system
>>
The vita needed Patapon 4 and San Andreas Stories.
>>
>>683846667
Playing wild arms, Jack and Daxter, Sly, GTA china town wars, Street Fighter Alpha 3 max, Kenka Bancho, RES2. All have worked great for me.
>>
>>683846932
Im sure those psp games work just fine, but the graphical fidelity is lower than a native psp. They are definitely playable to the end, but a downgrade from a native psp graphically. Its obviously acceptable for you, so it is what it is. Just letting you know its not the best it could look.
>>
>>683846667
>you can overclock it at the cost of your system life span, but is that really a good trade off
yes
lol
>>
File: cover3.jpg (32 KB, 800x450)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>683844884
>>683845602
>>683846667
>>683847189
Lmao
>>
>>683846667
>Well, if theres a way to get it working im glad you found it. The other problems still persist and im afraid theres no option to tick to make it perform better the way it handles emulation on psp games and not so intense arcade emulation
I have no personal attachment to the system, so I can safely say that it indeed isn't for everyone. It's for niche uses, and for me I like emulating 5th gen games and prior (and that takes a little tinkering)

For dedicated use cases, I'd recommend something stronger.
>>
>>683847373
You can attack me all you want, but im not the issue here. Im just a signpost making you aware of already existing issues (as well as gaps in your logic). Im sure your angry at me for bringing this shit up. And the problems will be there long after this thread is over. I enjoy my vita too but lets not pretend its more than it is
>>
>>683847189
>Vita plays PSP at 2x resolution on an OLED screen
>uhhhh it looks worse!!1!
>>
>>683845842
if you're a faggot
>>
>>683847694
that link i posted earlier explains it far better than i ever could, take some time to read it
>>
>>683847778
Imagine buying a system without being aware of its target audience and library of games 10+ years after its release.
>>
File: marona-head.png (296 KB, 620x620)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>683843392
got the oled 3g model of ebay pre-modded with the 64gb sd for $105. been playing risk of rain and phantom brave
>>
>>683845602
what game is that?
>>
>>683848230
never heard of those games I'll check those out?
>>
Where should I buy new batteries / charging cables for a PSP?
>>
>>683848516
Check on amazon and buy from a non-chinese retailer.
>>
File: 20211030 224315-1.webm (2.89 MB, 478x852)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>683848354
Criminal Girls 2 Jap version with Eng Patch for no censorship. I already had the cart so was just able to install the patch only and with a hacked vita it applies the patch the game in real time.
>>
>>683848516
charging cables you can get off of aliexpress. the batteries you'll have to gamble on since most of them are just "refurbished" even the new ones are just old vita batteries with new stickers on them. I bought one off of amazon thats "3600" mAh. it works fine just a slight quark with larger batteries is that it doesn't show up 100%. so when I play enough to drain 30% and not use it for an hour or so the battery percent jumps up 10-15%. thats because the vita routinely checks for 2200mAh.
>>
>>683847675
none of these issues that you have brought up have affected me in any way. Your insistence that these keep the Vita from being great to use is not something I share atm. So what your saying just comes up as very pompous and arrogant. Not really sure if that was your intention but that's how it's coming off to me at least.
>>
>>683849309
So i guess all the posters in that link about the psp resolution not working the best it could are all blowing smoking up your ass too?

https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/15l330c/native_resolution_for_psp_games_on_psvita_bounty/
>>
>>683849132
insane they have this stuff on the vita. Truly ahead of it's time.
>>
>>683849462
1. one reddit thread full of people just discussing the topic is gunna make me think any less of the system? and again not something that I've noticed or even bothers me. If you wanna make a suggestion for another system that does it better for a lower price please do.
>>
>>683849462
if you play a psp game on vita the game outputs at 480x272 then everything gets doubled to the vita's resolution of 960x544. The hackers want to make the psp games output 960x544 when played on vita.
>>
>>683849659
Thats fine, just dont pretend the problems dont exist by attacking me. Its okay to have lower standards.

>>683848435
Also if this was on of the posters ive been going back and forth with and you dont know Phantom Brave or Risk of Rain exists theres few conclusions we can draw from this. That poster is either a PCfag with his head in the sand or a literal child fresh off a youtube video that got influenced into buying a vita. But PB and RoR exist on PC so that leaves us with one option...
>>
>>683848641
Will do
>>683849245
>aliexpress
Im not sure if this is wise, I would rather not fry my PSP just because some chinese shop owner decided to make a cable that fits but gives off too much power.
>>
>>683849974
funny how a child can pick up a vita and get the hang of it immediately, yet the elitist vita lover can't figure out how retroarch saves work and doesn't understand screen resolutions
>>
>>683849797
>>683850796

Anyone knows that its inferior to play games on a blown up resolution rather than it being rendered natively at the higher res.

Anyone whos emulated ps1/ps2 knows this within the first 10mins of messing with it.
>>
>>683850796
Are you admitting your a child?
>>
I mostly play Crypt of the Necrodancer on it. It can be laggy even while overclocked and it crashes more than any other Vita game I've ever played but I play it a lot anyway.
>>
>>683850340
by charging cable I mean the usbA to what ever proprietary cable the vita takes. amazon resellers have them at 600% marked up compared to aliexpress where they buy it themselves. I have one from amazon and there both are exactly the same. any 5volt usb wall charger will work.
>>
>>683850796
That anon admitted that point was off the mark the first chance he got instead of going into denial about it being incorrect.
>>
Just finished Black Rock Shooter not long ago and holy fucking soul. It just needed more enemy variety/enemy combinations you fought and actual levels and it would be one of the best games on the system.
Also the best rendition of BRS since every other media makes her into a fucking stand for some reason.
>>
File: 7jlc1v.jpg (127 KB, 960x544)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Fuck everyone, I love the OG Vita. Best handheld ever released.
>>
>>683844884
I can only speak for the psp part of your post and idk, it looks fine to me. Also even if it didn't, I can play psp games with a second joystick like fucking intended so that alone makes it worth it imo.
>dude steam deck
>dude switch
Those things are too goddamn bulky and screens too goddamn big. Vita was the last true handheld.
>>
>>683843392
killzone and binding of isaac normally
>>
File: 1720912949710683.png (434 KB, 732x939)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>683851574
>Black rock shooter
Nigga what?
>>
>>683851985
zoom zoom
>>
>>683843392
it's been awhile since I've touched my vita but last thing I played was BoF4 and Legend of Dragoon.
>>
>>683851985
not knowing what black rock shooter is used to be met with total mockery
>>
>>683851985
man, i've been on this site for way WAY too long
>>
>>683843392
saving mine as a backup for when my PSP dies, there aren't any vita games worth anyone's time
>>
How is modding the vita nowadays?
I remember when I had my vita years ago, that I needed a psp game installed and edit some files, but it was a waste of memory when using those shitty vita memory cards
>>
File: Grand_Kingdom_cover.png (2.86 MB, 1197x1500)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
vitabros, is pic related worth a try? I heard it's very reliant on multiplayer.
>>
>>683852356
old exploits were mainly for psp games, now its super easy to open the console up completely
https://vita.hacks.guide/ have fun anon!!!
>>
>>683852405
also you can use sd cards with adapters for more space at cheaper prices
>>
>>683851298
The fact that he was wrong about retroarch saving until he was corrected in this thread is relevant because it makes it clear that he has no idea what he's talking about
He also said
>PSP emulation looks worse than on an actual PSP. Something about the pixel ratio doesnt match the ratio on a Vita so you get missing lines and more aliasing. Dont belive me, theres a bounty on getting this fixed that no ones claim for years.
Which is wrong; psp games look the same on vita because the games are rendered at the psp resolution and the pixel ratio is an exact double. The hackers simply hope to make the vita look better than the psp by increasing the internal resolution.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.45 MB, 3776x2840)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
I love my Vita
but I play my ‘eck more now
>>
>>683852745
I sold my deck because it felt soulless
>>
>>683843392
just started playing simpsons hit and run but the roads dont load fast enough which sucks for a racing game
>>
>can't even remember the last time I used my vita
>turn it on because of this thread
>50% battery
vita means life
>>
>>683843392
I still need to play Persona, Persona 2 IS and Persona 2 EP. I think the last thing I played was Binding of Isaac
>>
>>683853618
The Switches sleep mode is so pathetic compared to the Vita.
>>
>>683844884
>Retroach
lmao
>>
>>683855737
It's the only reasonable way to play older games on the vita, including romhacks. PSNES, SNES9X, Picodrive, none of them do it without major problems. Although for some reason this only applies to the vita versions of those emus.
>>
>>683852790
Might as well say the PSP had more soul than the Vita.
>>
>>683856447
It did? I can't dispute that.
>>
bump
>>
File: 20240207_165819 2.jpg (2.88 MB, 4032x1960)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>683843392
Love my vita even if i barely use it(rarely away from home enough to justify bringing it)
do heavily use it as a music player though when i go to the garage to work on my car.
AS for vidiya, I mainly use it to play gravity rush, picross, sudoku and few psp racing games via adrenaline.
>>
>>683859436
>Adrenaline
Doesn't that have input lag?
>>
>>683859652
its been ages since i last used a psp so i cant compare to real psp but even if it is its not bad enough that id notice it.
>>
life
>>
File: 1717021378466542.webm (2.6 MB, 728x728)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB WEBM
>>683844884
I began to reconsider emulation myself on vita when I was having severe slowdown in snes and gba emulation in shit like pokemon. For me its real value is as a ps4 remote play machine which is actually pretty comfy and necessary for me since my ds4 broke and I'm too cheap to replace it right now. I also use moonlight sometimes to play pc games from bed which is cool but rare. Otherwise I think the vita is pretty shit especially now that PC handhelds are becoming normalized like the deck or those rog things
>>
>>683843392
Idk if its on there, but the best racing game on PSP I played was Juiced 2. Honestly it was better than most racing games I played period. Just so cool.
>>
>>683864273
>slowdown in snes and gba emulation in shit like pokemon.
That's why I relied on retroarch for emulation. Like said before, the standalones are just really poorly optimized, whereas RA works better. Try it yourself. Play a GBA game on a standalone emu, versus an RA core. The difference is immense.
>>
>>683867993
Its a 13 year old device. Sometimes its time to move on to greener easier pastures. heck even your phone will give it a run for its money many times over
>>
>>683869301
You're right, but I'm still gonna cherish it, until it croaks. I still have my PSP for the same reason.
>>
>>683844884
>>PSP emulation looks worse than on an actual PSP. Something about the pixel ratio doesnt match the ratio on a Vita so you get missing lines and more aliasing. Dont belive me, theres a bounty on getting this fixed that no ones claim for years.
>https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/15l330c/native_resolution_for_psp_games_on_psvita_bounty/
the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>683870197
Honestly Vita's PSP emu does look worse (blurry). But you can only tell if you are comparing them side by side.
>>
>>683870197
Some people just cant comprehend that when a screen runs games in a resolution thats not native to the screen itll look like shit. Even if you get all those lower resolution options in the menu as choices, itll never be as good as the resolution it was designed to run on optimally. You can have a 1080p screen but when you run a game at 720p, no matter how many graphics options you tick to make up for the resolution itll never look as good as a native 1080p output. Im sure you already know this. This is not a foreign or alien concept to anyone thats PCfagged for even a few months
>>
>>683844884
which vita vns should i play
>>
>>683843392
I mostly use mine to emulate gba and other handhelds these days, I prefer playing handled games in their intended form factor and the vita's dpad is sex.
>>
>>683872935
Its like a quarter VN, but if you havent played Moero Chronicle with its masturbation touch commands then you havent used a vita to its fullest

https://youtu.be/SEpIkjS9mjk?si=oLhCEMgmN8-Ev__F&t=195
>>
>>683869729
Same. Why can't they just make a portable pc that's as small and sexy as the Vita? I don't want to buy a switch lite or a deck the size of my head.
>>
You can play Sora no Kiseki FC to Sen no Kiseki II with the vita.
>>
>>683852378
It is half a game without the servers but I still love it
Also play grand knight history
>>
>>683843392
Been trying to clear Infernal Mode solo with every character in Dragon's Crown. Done with Amazon, Dwarf and Warrior. Doing a Wizard playthrough now. Easily the worst one so far, I want to kill myself.
>>
>>683874246
damn i think i have this game on ps4 but never played it, nor have i ever paid for online? should i just sell it if its so reliant on online
>>
>>683870372
>But you can only tell if you are comparing them side by side
why is this the only way zoomers are able to compare things?
>>
>>683874592
cuz they a taking a streamers words to be gospel
>>
>>683873354
holy shit.. making really good use of the vita's technology here

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.