[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bannerlord.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
whoa
>>
Unironically, what went wrong? The early access? The bugs? The wait?
>>
I keep trying to get into it but it's just so fucking dull bros and you get rich quick as fuck.
>>
>>683846862
What made Warband good in the first place was mods, from which you can probably infer your answer.
>>
>>683846862
Purely the strict adherence to the time period, so that every faction feels the exact same in every aspect with only two being a bit different.
No longer do you pick a faction or culture and feel an identity, instead you just have recolored lamellar armor in every faction. This naturally kills both interest and replayability.
>>
>>683846862
They LITERALLY just had to make Warband prettier and flesh out the trading and political intrigue stuff they weren't able to fit into it. Maybe make the map more detailed. That's it. Instead they scrapped EVERYTHING to make a completely new game with new mechanics, totally new map that has almost no resemblance to the old one, all new factions, some of which are basically clones of one another, and which have extremely samey feels to them.

They work on it for over a decade and when we finally get an early access it's so fucking unplayable I can't believe it was all they had to show for the years and years of work on it.
>>
>>683846197
anymore sequels that are lackluster and boring compared to the original?
>>
>almost everyone has horse archers: the game

Bit boring desu
>>
>>683846197
bump
>>
>>683846862
True answer imo is they forgot the 1/4 of content that made Warband an especially interesting sandbox, the social element. It's still there but you can barely interact or talk with lords at all compared to being able to form specific plots/coups together. They really need to just make a big update addressing this, mods have made it way better but it's still not Warband level yet
>>
>>683850914
Aside from feasts what is Bannerlord missing from Warband?
>>
>can't go to a feast, do 3 tournaments in a row in which you knock 1 guy out and smash tab as fast as you can to skip to the next round to get some armor and money you don't need
>can't walk in, be hailed as champion by king harlaus himself, and then smack him once in the face before jumping off the railing and knocking yourself unconscious
VGH.... THE SOVL....
>>
The most fun I have with it is playing it solo/with companions and treating it as an action adventure. It's a shame as there's no mods to really facilitate that beyond fouberie and custom spawns that give rewards for beating large armies akin to prophecy of pendor. The game is really dull when your quests amount to protecting caravans from generic identical bandits or helping farmers. I get it's a medieval setting, but god damn where's the intrigue and interesting quests. I guess breaking dudes out of prison can be fun, but that's also almost always identical.
>>
>>683846862
Takes really long to get anything done. The main quests random elements are annoying. Managing the cities feels awful. All the AI on your faction feels like retards while your enemy feels competent.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.