[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2842890_20240727012628_1.png (2.4 MB, 1920x1080)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
I just tried the demo
Kami, I wish such a beautiful game wasn't a fucking tower defense
>>
>>683847847
yeah I wish was gacha slop or souls slop
how dare they use any other genre
>>
>>683847847
Is that a boy, or a girl?
>>
>>683848494
does it even matter? a hole is a hole
>>
Yeah man, how dare devs try to something new or uncommon, should have made a rollslop game.
>>
>>683847847
Sad this game isn't getting enough attention. Normies hate trying new things because they get easily confused.
Also:
>The Seethe
Cope
>>
>>683847847
fwiw the tower defense aspect is done in a unique way
>>
>>683847847
feel like its more of a blurred line between rts and tower defense. Not really utilized in the early levels but later you gotta adapt your positioning to the situation
>>
I finished ng+ and my opinion remains that this should have been developped as a roguelite.
Cool game though, definitely happy to see capcom try something more risky again. Still a shame that they didn't go pve only for exoprimal.
>>
>>683853950
>this should have been developped as a roguelite
fuck off, do all the challenges instead, you faggot
>>
>>683853950
will never not be funny how much of a pussy /v/ becomes when it comes to multiplayer.
>>
>>683853950
>roguelite
Why.
>>
>>683855538
sound like he wants to play a completely different game
>>
>>683848494
It's the same girl twice
>>
>>683851714
Normalfags and casuals were never going to pick this one up.
But I am disappointed that it's getting so little love from press. The same people foretelling the doom of bloated AAA gaming aren't giving the spotlight to a modestly scoped polished AA release, at the $50 price point that new video games should've been at all along.
>>
>>683853451
The fact that you can command your guys to, for example, hit the bell guys from the back really makes it feel very different from a static defensive thing.
>>
>>683857313
yea and just the way stages progress. Gates change and yoshino changes position. So you always gotta take in the new environment to account.
>>
>Devs try something different
>Want it to be like something else on that market instead
I will never understand this.
>>
>>683858408
someone should make a program that just reskins existing games
>>
>>683847847
My only hope is that it did well enough to earn an expansion or a sequel down the line
>>
>>683859267
Rather than a sequel, I just hope that the team behind it keeps getting to make whatever they want.
>>
>>683848494
It's a unit.
>>
File: 2510710_119.jpg (1.14 MB, 3840x2160)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
The fuck.
>>
>>683847847
Tried the demo and liked it. Too bad it's got denuvo, I'll wait till they get rid of it to pick it up.
>>
>>683852895
Are there good tower defense games with high production values?
>>
>bamboo village break all the pots
>missing some
>realize there’s a teleport arrow target with pots on that side
FUCK

>>683859810
I wouldn’t try to do both of those at the same time
>>
>>683853950
>roguelite
I’m so fucking sick of the roguelite bandwagon
>>
How long can I expect spamming matchlocks to last me? I just got the cart for the miko.
>>
Ninja doesn’t seem TOO overpowered as a final role to unlock but goddamn having at least one makes any given mission just a bit easier to manage
>>
>>683861186
They hold up in nearly every mission but there’s some coming up where their firepower might not be able to keep up with the amount of enemies coming. I usually only brought two Marksmen at most for later missions. I liked bringing a Cannoneer in place of one of them especially if there’s a good tower to park them on because they get a really good range increase on them. Helps clear groups and wear down anything that doesn’t die outright with their lingering sparks
>>
>>683860845
I did it. Wasn't too bad actually. I forgot that the first boat layout's actually pretty compact.
>>
>>683861186
Right the way up until the penultimate mission, where terrible sightlines and very close spawns make matchlocks very risky.
>>
>>683861685
Having 12 gunners on Moegi Ridge was pretty awesome.
>>
>>683862220
What was your build?
>>
>>683864001
Faster bow, crystal damage, Soh damage up villager damage down, agility up, increased damage. Explosive bow shot clears out the boarders with ease and the rest is just spamming arrows.
>>
>>683864126
Also I'm realizing that the damage up talismans all suck, the crystal damage up one dwarfs the effect of the other ones as long as you have over 900-ish crystals.
>>
>>683864240
I find that I usually don’t have that many crystals on hand unless I’m either running nearly all woodcutters/archers or it’s one of the gimmick stages like Great Cherry Tree or Burial Grounds where you aren’t spending much and get back a ton. But that said, yeah it’s fucking ridiculous how much stronger it is on its own than every other attack up talisman when pumped like crazy. I was ripping through the back end of the boss rush because they throw so many crystals at you
>>
I think Sorcerer is kinda broken, they are pretty much another one of your special moves that have a cooldown but they hit the entire map instead, and they also do a lot of damage to bosses and stuns them
>>
>>683864842
It's insane that you can stack them.
>>
>>683864561
Are you spending all of your stocked crystals every level? I can't help but hoard them, I unconsciously spend only the crystals I'll get back over the course of the stage.
>>
i only use ascetics
>>
Tried the demo. The extra stage kicked my ass. The multiple paths caught me off guard. Do you unlock things to make the going easier by the time you actually reach that stage in the full game or am I just bad?
>>
>>683868447
You actually have less stuff unlocked in the full game at that stage.
>>
>>683868527
Dang.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.