[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: timeline.jpg (130 KB, 1389x1001)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
New timeline just dropped, chronology bros we're so back.
>>
i dont get why zelda ever needed a timeline. it was never meant to be one of those "serious" type of series, its just fun fantasy games, the timeline shit is weird.
>>
>>683849572
because the first seven games took place after and before one another. when the devs go putting games in front and behind one another, there's a timeline.
>>
>>683849572
They all fit pretty neatly in a line until wind waker.
>>
how many times do they need to tell the same story
>>
>>683849572
It doesn't and can be safely ignored.
Even the direct sequels are perfectly self contained, so every game can be treated as a complete standalone. Only low functioning autists give a shit about the timeline because they start to become agitated when things aren't neatly arranged and ordered in a set, specific pattern.
>>
>>683850067
On the contrary, only low functioning autists feel strongly negatively about the idea of a timeline, because they see it as a threat to originality or "freedom" when things have even a modicum of reason or consistency and want to believe the consistency that used to exist was a mistake.
>>
>>683849518
What an excellent choice of background color.
>>
>>683850067
>>683850215
i think both of you are low functioning autists for getting so aggressive and pissy over what is essentially just an excuse to have references and callbacks to the other games
reminds me of the one dude who repeatedly posts that one screenshot of samus in dreamland 3
>>
>>683849572
>>683849675
>>683849679
>Zelda 1 and 2 are connected
>Link to the Past establishes a narrative but there is no real narrative connection to 1 and 2
>Ocarina is supposedly set in the world described in LttP's opening, but it's completely irrelevant
>Link's Awakening may or may not be about the same Link from LttP (it is never specified nor is it relevant)
>Oracles lol
>MM and TP form the first straight link since Zelda 2
>WW fucks it all up and goes diagonal
It was always stupid and retarded.
>>
The only timeline that matters is the release date. Until the tojos dig their collective head out of their ass, and actually learn what a fucking timeline is, nothing they say on the matter has any merit. It's like niggers with the breakfast question.
>>
>>683851048
>It's like niggers with the breakfast question.
enlighten me
>>
>>683850696
LTTP was a prequel, hence the name a link to the Past
OoT is the imprisoning war mentioned in LTTP
Awakening started as an interstitial set during Adventure of Link
Oracle games take place after LTTP when Link is in search of more adventure
MM takes place after OoT when Link is searching for Navi
WW takes place further into the future of OoT when a hero wasn't present to stop Ganon
TP takes place farther into the future with a decendent of Link & Malon

it was always there explicitly so
>>
>>683850696
>Zelda 1 and 2 are connected
>A Link to the PAST depicts the PAST when the world of Zelda 1/2 isn't nearly as fucked and Ganon's power is still growing
Triforce of the Gods depicts the era where the Gods were still with Hyrule, don't start this shit with me.
>Ocarina depicts the era of ALttP's myth, with the addition of a Hero to wield the Master Sword, because it's fucking cool to have something established, let players think about it, and then see it
>LA is about the same Link
>Oracles are about the same Link
>MM is linked from OoT and links to TP via the one split timeline OoT had an actual excuse to make
>ONLY WW creates ANY problems out of the first like 20 years of the franchise's fucking history
People didn't assume two games to be disconnected retellings of the same story by default in the 90s.
>>
>>683851163
God damn it, I can't find the image. Basically, a nigger was asked in court, by the prosecutor, how he would feel if he hadn't eaten breakfast that morning. The nigger responded "but I did eat breakfast". No matter how many times it was asked, the nigger seemingly was incapable of understanding the hypothetical.
>>
>>683851562
fucking lmao
>>
>>683851562
It wasn't a court case, it was an anon paraphrasing their personal experience helping run studies at some university. People with IQs below, like, was it eighty or so? Can't comprehend a hypothetical in any real capacity. People with IQs below 90 can't keep track of a story that uses another story as a framing device.
>>
>>683851483
Don't forget that WW reflooded Hyrule and the King told them to make their own Hyrule and guess what they called it?
New Hyrule.
As long as any place called Hyrule exists, Ganon- I mean Demise exists because muh buddhism karma
>>
>>683851562
It didnt have a nigger in it.
Adding niggers where they dont belong, turns out you are the same as the aforementioned nigger in that situation.
>>
>>683851912
but what if anon added a nigger to the story
>>
source?
>>
>>683852040
There was never a source, OP is probably the type to flippantly say "ha it was all headcanon anyway"
>>
File: spongebob_roller_coaster.jpg (704 KB, 3000x1680)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>683849572
>>
>>683850440
My post has no aggression. Any that you see in it is a reflection of your own mood. Learn to be a calmer person, please.
>>683850215
>On the contrary
Stopped reading here. You telegraphed that you have nothing to say and are complaining because the truth upsets you.
>>
>>683853824
Timeline harmless unless autistic about freedom.
There, is that condensed enough for you to comprehend?
>>
>>683850067
>immediate seething responses
yeah im thinking this is based and accurate
>>
>>683853930
Don't reply again. Nobody cares about anything you have to say.
>>
>>683853930
If it's harmless, why does it upset you so?
>>
>>683854054
The timeline doesn't upset me. It upsets people who think any form of rules or consistency is a threat to freedom and originality.
>>
>AND A SEQUEL TO THE YOUNG LINK OF THE PREQUEL'S PREQUEL! WHAT THE FUCK!?
>>
>>683850696
Have you ever considered that you're the stupid retard? Food for thought.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.