[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721926612073034.jpg (8 KB, 230x220)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
you could play a million games of mario kart and you won't learn a damn thing
>>
Then why is my girlfriend who never plays games so bsf at driving? Why does every girl I date not know cardinal directions? Why do no women know which sides taught in WWII or about the nuclear bombings of Japan? Seems like people who don't play games know very little.
>>
>>683852850
You learn to be better in Mario Kart.
>>
Then why is my girlfriend who never plays games so bad at driving? Why does every girl I date not know cardinal directions? Why do no women know which sides fought in WWII or about the nuclear bombings of Japan?
>>
>>683852850
I learned shitloads of things in school and 99% haven't gotten me jack shit. There are only a few things you need to learn in life and if you're over 18 you should have most of them already.
>>
>>683853003
>>683853073
kill yourself
>>
>>683852850
>be me in college
>our apartment had an old N64 in the closet with mario kart 64
>we decide to plug it up
>every single house dispute and decision is soon arbitrated by mario kart and out place was a peaceful utopia
Everything I ever needed to learn I learned from mario kart.
>>
>>683852850
1k hours of runescape back in the day taught me haggling and how to play the market. I would unironically be living on food stamps without this knowledge
>>
>>683852850
Is scientifically proven that our brain can only absorb a specific amount of knowledge daily, it needs a distraction, you don't play vidya to learn anything, the problem that involves vidya and stupidity is what you do when you're not playing games, the other issue is not engaging your mind in different and diverse hobbies.
>>
>>683853003
>Why does every girl I date not know cardinal directions?
weird that you say that, about a month ago I was talking to a girl and I mentioned something was "west of here" and she said "what's west?"
Now that I think about it, my mom is constantly saying shit like "I don't know what north is", and I'm pretty sure my ex girlfriend didn't even know what south was. She would always say "it's towards mexico"
>>
>>683853346
can u gift me some btc sir im new
>>
i learned english thru vidya, i owe my high paying job (as im paid in dollars while living in the turd world) and my hability to call you a nigger here to video games : )

video games saved my life
>>
>>683853813
>ability*
fix'd
>>
File: factorio.png (1.68 MB, 1441x1440)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>683852850
Ahem
Really any Zachatronics game could count as this.
>>
>>683852850
So? Learning is overrated. Everything you need to know you learned in childhood.
>>
>>683854152
>Everything you need to know you learned in childhood.
When did you learn that?
>>
Minecraft taught me basic logic gates with redstone. Came in handy when I started learning to program, it was very familiar to me.
>>
>>683852850
I don't play video games to learn. If I wanted to do that I'd play frog fractions

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.