[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715296601435.jpg (67 KB, 474x474)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
This is single handedly the WORST metroidvania in the Castlevania series. Juste Belmont is so damn weak! He dies in about 10 hits from small fries wtf? The Castle is unappealing and so is the music. Oh yeah the sprites too. I'm playing this just to check it off my list. Fuck this game.
>>
>>683853012
circle is worse
>>
>>683853164
*best
>>
I have to keep avoid most enemies because Juste is one big fucking pussy. Not worthy of the name Belmont.
>>
>>683853012
Rough game, but I still liked it.
>>
I recently played aria of sorrow for the first time, it is SO rough compared to dawn of sorrow. The only redeeming moment was the bat getting fucking grabbed during the boss fight, that shit was kino.

Dawn of Sorrow is one of my favorite metroidvanias, it's top tier. I personally like it more than SOTN, but I haven't played SOTN in a hot minute.
>>
>>683853164
Card system is borked, but it controls fine enough and demands attention, HoD feels broken and looks rushed.
>>
>>683853816
>Card system is borked
I think you ae right. I like CotM but the cards never factored in to my play experience.
>>
>>683853012
I agree with you there. I'm sure contrarians will come out of the woodwork to defend it, but it's truly awful. Feels like unfinished early access garbage.
>>683853793
I think you got that backwards hombre. Dawn is lackluster compared to Aria.
>>683853164
>>683853214
I slept on Circle for so long because Harmony made me think all the GBA Castlevanias prior to Aria were trash. It's actually great though, once you get past the wonky dashing controls.
>>
File: IMG_3032.gif (808 KB, 244x218)
808 KB
808 KB GIF
>>683853012
Wow anon. What a fucking hot take. Haven’t heard this one before
>>
>>683853012
Its weird to see some many of you idiots hate on this game when its the closest thing to SoTN. I prefer it over AoS which most of you love to suck its dick.
>>
>>683854036
>Dawn is lackluster compared to Aria.
How do you figure?? I just recently played both of them.. Aria was a slog while DoS felt like the complete product
>>
>>683853012
Dog shit opinion. We already know people don't like this one because you actually have to git gud. Only shitters hate this one
>>
>>683854147
>closest thing to SoTN.
Fuck no! This shit is a Chinese bootleg attempt at best. This Castle is literally the worst piece of shit out of all other castles. What a mess this game is. The only thing that is similar to SotN is the save point with that ugly heart thing. That is litterally it. Maybe if you wanna count how Juste looks like a woman like Alucard too.
>>
>>683854210
I swear this place is such a echo chamber of retarded contrarians parroting one another. It’s miracle how I see the same opinions mindlessly regurgitated. Especially with how many retards excessively bash on HoD yet suck off garbage like CotM
>>
>>683853816
the card system is such a smart idea. I always imagined a good version of the game where all the cards are scattered throughout the map and there's no regular movement upgrades but instead they're all tied to card combos with a focus on allowing some combinations access to certain areas but not others so each playthrough could be different depending on what order you've found each card. The game already has a tiny bit of that with being able to freeze enemies a la metroid but it doesn't go nearly as deep into it as it should.
>>
>>683854315
God you type like an utter fucking retard. You wrote out that entire paragraph yet literally said nothing of any value whatsoever.
>>
>>683854446
Doesn’t help that, instead of puzzles rewarding you with cards in the fashion, you get [heart upgrade] and [hp upgrade]!
>>
anyone else playing revamped on nightmare difficulty?
>>
>>683853012
How do male Castlevania protags manage to look so fucking faggy and yet so badass and cool simultaneously?
>>
>>683854856
Juste Belmont is the weakest Belmont and is actually a woman.
>>
>>683853012
PoE> CotM > OoE > AoS > Massive Drop > HoD > DoS > SotN

Anyone who praises either DoS or SotN can be written off as retards who like shit that was never planned properly
SotN breaks itself after the first doppleganger fight
DoS is fundementally fucked since it just tries to stretch the entire gameplay out to 'bro this is another AoS area but like... bigger and longer so enjoy it retard'
>>
>>683853012
All I have to say is this game improves 100% with a hack to remove the after-images and straighten out the colors a bit.
>>
>>683855703
This. Also removes the stupid outlines. I wish more rom hackers did this for other GBA games, especially the Metroid games.
>>
So Castlevania is now an underground fanbase huh
>>
>>683853793
Dawn is a downgrade from Aria in every way, you have subhuman taste
>>
>>683855309
>shit that was never planned properly
Come on now anon, OoE falls into this exact same category, pretending otherwise is simply dishonest.

AoS > PoR > CotM > SotN > DoS > OoE > HoD
>>
>>683853012
It is probably the worst but Juste isn't weak, magic is broken as fuck.
>>
>>683858951
He litterally dies from like 6 hits from crappy enemies like harpies. I constantly have to go back to the save point or else this wimp keeps dying. Looks like it's mandatory to grind for level ups. So far this guy is the lamest belmont.
>>
>>683859531
I don't think I ever died in HoD because you can just insta delete everything.
CotM is a lot harder unless you abuse the cards. AoS is a good balance I think.
>>
>>683859531
Skill issue
>>
>>683859586
>>683859727
So I guess I'm not supposed to play this like a regular castlevania you know with whip and sub weapons?
>>
>>683853164
circle is the only one i played of the gba games and its sick. Although i played it with a snes controller. Cant imagine mashing the dpad to run on a gba. Great music too. Card system is shite but not even necessary to use.
>>
>>683860757
Getting hit is skill issue. Getting hit 6 times is mental retardation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.