[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did Game Journalists love this game so much?
>>
>>683854926
Same reason they hate stellar blade and love TLOU2
Spite for things that make white men happy
>>
>>683854926
Because you can get SSS combos by mashing 1 button
>>
>>683854996
Did you even play this game? It was all about taking down the illuminati. You can't get more white man then that.
>>
>>683854926
kike money to make them worship ugliness and hate beauty
>>
>>683855076
You're missing the point. White men loved dmc. So they were happy to be contrarian and hate dmc to prop up the replacement they nobody wanted. Honestly you're clearly stupid so forget it. I'm not bothering. >>683854996
>>
File: DMC 2013.jpg (155 KB, 1243x639)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>683854926
Because they starred in it.
>>
>>683854926
because Donte is cool unlike Dante
>>
>>683855076
Wrong, retard. It was about taking down the “big evil capitalist” because liberals are still retarded enough to believe international multibillion dollar corporations that push propaganda like ESG, DEI, and BRIDGE are all right wing
>>
>>683855168
I look like that
>>
game was fun /v/ was wrong and got 5 made and really killed the franchise for good.
>>
After dmc 5 came out I can comfortably enjoy this yearly, it actually has some cool ass weapons and ideas. But it’s the only dmc with no taunts, that’s how bad it is.
>>
>>683854926
I played 4 and 3 and found them boring. This one was just fun. I guess i vam get the hate because its so different from 3 and 4. Its a case of good game but not a good (insert game) game, kind of like Max Payne 3
>>
Better than 2 4 and 5
>>
This was literally the best dmc game
>>
The best action game ever to come out of the west although that's not saying much
>>
File: PaidReviews.png (149 KB, 527x747)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>683854926
bribe money
>>
>>683855450
I've long said that DmC is a good Western action game, it just fails at being a Devil May Cry game. It's essentially a Jaffe era God of War. The angel weapons all focus on crowd control, the devil weapons are all about single target heavy damage, which is a staple of Western CAGs. I still don't hate it, I consider it a weird spin-off of the mainseries with some good environments and fun concepts that ultimately betray its nature as a non-Capcom entry.
>>
Opposite 4chan
>Unpopular thing = good
Also, honest to god japanese xenophobia.
>>
>>683857583
>which is a staple of Western CAGs
Quick, name 5 Western CAGs
Bitter difficulty: not God of War
>>
>>683859117
Dante's Inferno
Darksiders
Immortals Fenyx Rising
X-Men Origins Wolverine
God of War
Sorry I failed bitter difficulty. There's probably others I've forgotten about, but I always felt like the hack and slash/CAG genre in the West is more focused on crowd control and flash, where Japanese CAGs are focused more on target prioritization and style. I feel like in the 00's and early 10's there was a lot of God of War clones that have been forgotten to time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.