[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RE5.jpg (43 KB, 460x215)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
LISTEN TO ME YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT. I SAW SOME SHITTER ON HERE A DAY AGO OR WHATEVER SAYING RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 1 WAS BETTER THAN RESIDENT EVIL 5 AND YOU JUST PLAINLY KNOW THAT ISN'T TRUE. IF NOT FOR THE ENDING RE5 IS A GREAT RE GAME. AND IT'S CERTAINLY BETTER THAN 6 AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT AND IT'S BETTER THAN REVELATIONS.
>>
>>683857816
I remember RE5 had probably the most retarded marketing in gaming history.

Every single preview, or piece of promotional material focused on the fact that the game was co-op, without a single mention of the fact that it could be played solo. This led to a lot of people not buying the game, because they thought there was no single player mode.
>>
it's well known RE6 fanboys are contrarians trolls, you got baited hard, it's an objectively horrible game
>>
>>683857816
RE5 was incredibly fun playing with a mate, anyone that hates 5 is telling on themselves about having no friends.
>>
>>683859047
regarding gameplay, it was a faster, more fun version of 4, the plot was passable and the level design was alright, nothing remarkable but not bad at all
you have to have absolute horrendous tastes to claim 6 was better
>>
>>683857816
I liked RE5 a lot and thought that the ending was the best part thoughever
>>
>>683857816
literally no one ever says 6 is better
>>
>>683857816
Revelations 1 at least had occasional moments where it felt like a Resident Evil game even if it was held back by its shitty chapter system.
RE5 is better than RE6 but that's the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>683857816
You bring back chris and wesker along with Jill for the first time since RE3 a decade prior
with an interesting premise and location, and decide to make it a fucking subpar Co-op shooter of all things?
This game sucked ass, of course rev1 is better
>>
>>683858102
I mean the single player is atrocious
>>
>>683858102
It's single player in the same way that Left 4 Dead is single player. You can, but it was designed for co-op.
>>
>>683859047
>just play a horror game with friends!!
gears of war aped re4 and then re4 aped gears of war back but unlike Cliff, Capcom had no idea how to do Ai at the time so it effectively was just a way worse re4 unless you played coop
>>
>>683859529
Single player is only really bad on Pro, Sheva is serviceable if equipped right on all other difficulties.
>>
>>683857816
On PC the game auto binds run + aim to reload which ruins the game due to unintended reloads. It cannot be undone and controller aiming is too awful to enjoy in 2024.
>>
>>683857816
Correct.
>>
>>683859420
Movement and combat mechanics blow the others out of the water, but it's still a shit RE game. Real shame they couldn't have tried that with a new IP or something, that combat was fucking incredible in PvP.
>>
>>683859047
This cope is so fucking annoying. It's fucking trash with or without a friend.
>>
>>683859578
But it's not a horror game and doesn't try to be and leans towards it's campiness.
>muuh ai
form human bonds.
>>
File: 1706902106850449.jpg (57 KB, 720x718)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>683859047
I met a milf and a black girl that liked white guys playing this game online on the 360 back in the day. I was hard as diamonds and had coop buddies at the same time. I'm always going to have fond memories of Resident Evil 5, despite its flaws.
>>
>>683858102
>This led to a lot of people not buying the game,
it was capcoms best selling game not named street fighter 2 wtf are you talking about
>>
>>683863086
Anon, I don't play video games to play with other people, I play them because I don't WANT to interact with other people. Playing this game with my sister wasn't fun because she is a shitter and will attack anything on sight, waste ammo, hoard it to herself and die over and over. Not to mention that she hates horror games. Like yeah, I could do that, but I don't want to do that because it fucking SUCKS ASS.
If I wanted to play with my friends I would fucking go outside and play soccer, ride our bikes together, go hiking or maybe even go fish.
>>
>>683865390
I think its sad to have a hobby you can't or are unwilling to share with someone else.
>>
I "like" 6 more than 5, and I definitely like Rev1 more in that I feel positively about that game at all. I do not enjoy co-op era RE.
>>
>>683866042
When I create a 3d model to fix my armchair I cannot share that hobby with anyone while I do it, and I don't want to either because it will keep me from concentrating on it. Tons of hobbies are for only 1 person at a time, in fact most activities on your 'puter are like that, including but not limited to video games.
The fact that you cannot comprehend the desire to be left alone makes you an oversocialized normie that should leave this hobby. You are not wanted here, go play fifa, talk about last night's game and kindly fuck off.
>>
>>683867085
Did you see the game last night, bro?
>>
>>683857816
>IF NOT FOR THE ENDING RE5 IS A GREAT RE GAME
What's wrong with the ending?
RE5 is great. No reason for anyone to call RE4 good (which nobody has an issue doing) and then downplay RE5.
>>
>>683868254
People who think RE4 and RE5 are the same have zero understanding of game design. There's a mountain of differences which could easily make people love RE4 and hate RE5. Not even just the forced co-op bullshit, but the level design, the inventory system, the merchant, the visuals, the dialogue, the characters, the mission structure, etc. RE5 is not simply "RE4 with co-op", it lost a lot of what made RE4 good.
>>
>>683868387
It's a soulless half baked 1/3 the length "member re4" the same way ds3 is to ds1. But this is because of transitioning to HD mostly. Budgets 10x'd out of biwhere.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.