[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: R9Qab0osYhWXi0djq8ZatRLi.jpg (261 KB, 1024x1024)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this combat system correctly. I'm playing as Yuito, and there's a slight delay after almost every action before you can perform another action. This makes it nearly impossible to successfully dodge attacks, since there's almost never enough time between an enemy starting their attack, and me being able to dodge. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
Bump for interest. I’ve played a few hours of this game and plan to return to it soon.
>>
>>683858593
>I'm playing as Yuito
well theres your problem, yuito only exists as a possible protagonist because of jap executives still thinking no one will play games with female protagonists. Kasane is not only a better fit as a protagonist because her story is better, shes just more fun to play.
>>
>>683858593
It's been a while since I played but couldnt you dodge out of any attack?
>>
>>683859974
I just started playing for the first time tonight, and it looks like dodging does NOT cancel other actions. So you just have to wait for your character to finish whatever they're doing before you can dodge. Which kinda sucks desu.
>>
>>683858593
Yes, but I don't remember it well enough to properly explain. Basically it's a feeling thing and you have to take a more reactive approach than proactive, at least until you're good at the game. You'll get far better options for countering enemies as you go, it's a bit like playing rock paper scissors with 30+ different choices to choose.
iirc you can't dodge cancel, but you do unlock moves which function similarly and other various abilities that are far stronger than that.
>>
>>683859942
>what is nier automata
>what is tales of berseria
>what is lollipop chainsaw
>etc etc
>>
>>683858593
Yeah you can't dodge cancel, so don't spam attacks. Make sure you use your teammates' abilities properly, fights are exponentially harder if you ignore/waste them.
>>
>>683860137
Not trying to be a smartass but thats a core concept for most action games. It prevents spamming attacks and teaches player to commit to their decisions
>>
>>683861916
Bayonetta is my favorite game ever lmao. Now action games are forever ruined for me.
>>
>>683858593
Game was ok, nothing crazy, having to play as the girl to get the rest of the story is fucking shit though.
>pick guy
>you're a mumbling retard thorough the whole story
>you have no idea whats going on
>you're expected to use his arc as a tutorial
I liked the game but by the time I finished Yuitos arc I was just annoyed at how bad they treat the character, never finished it.
On the general gameplay feel just wait until you unlock more combos and stuff, most of late game is about parrying and dodging at the right time.
>>
>>683859942
Female protagonists are simply less fun to play as
>>
I beat the game once as Kasane, is it worth replaying the game as Yuito?
>>
>>683862757
No, the game gives you little to no context to the story, the Yuito you play as is just a mockery of the version Kasane falls for.
>>
>>683858593
Never had such issue, I don't remember too much endlag, but then I remember chaining special attacks in a fluid way to tank/dodge attacks or stagger enemies
>>
>>683858593
Just popping in to say this game was super happy comfy fun time kino, so fuck you. The soundtrack is fucking great, and I just overall enjoyed the combat and the story. It certainly was a hidden gem when it first released as I didn't know what to expect, kind of was hoping for a sequel if possible.

It's so rare nowadays for me to find a soundtrack where I actually like most of the soundtrack. The OST that plays in the city is top-tier comfy.
>>
>>683859974
This game is notorious for animations setting you up to be killed. It's why fighting human enemies is absolute Hell, and they had to add an item to keep you alive with 1HP.
>>
>>683863434
I also had a lot of fun with it, but it definitely has its problems. It takes a bit too long for your moveset to really open up and the basic attacks kind of suck. I think it has some really cool visuals though and the music is good like you said. The story is really stupid but I thought it was still pretty entertaining despite that. I do hope we get a sequel eventually.
>>
>>683862757
>>683862897
Funny, I'm playing as Yuto and so far the only reason I'm considering to replay as Kasane is to fill the gaps in the story since I'm not finding her to be that interesting. Also despite knowing they were going for a romantic story I just can't feel any chemistry between them. Tsugimi or Hanabi would have been a better choice.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.