[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701326896865605.png (190 KB, 562x644)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
What is even real difficulty?
>>
File: mixing splats.jpg (67 KB, 599x568)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>683864456
Proper difficulty = skill based
Artificial difficulty = random roll
(or so close to human limit you know it is random for your targeted public)
>>
>>683864851
how many cards in had does player A have? untaped plains aren't doing much on their own. Unless player B plays the draw 4 lol.
>>
File: 1721977622776546.jpg (84 KB, 981x749)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I don't care
>>
>>683864851
okay but player B has a gun
>>
>>683865113
The gun is clearly unloaded. The armorer checked it out earlier, just take a looBANG
>>
>>683865113
Yeah, a .22. If they shoot you in the eye, it might blind you in that eye
>>
>>683864851
WHO OWNS THE GUMMY PIECE
>>
>>683865024
The draw 4 is obviously a trap, if the player has untapped lands they clearly want card to play, the .22 is barely a threat, and the board position is fucking huge. B is doomed
>>
>>683864456
learn to cheese the game vs people actually playing the game as intended.
>>
>>683865409
This
>>
>>683865202
HEY HALYNA! CATCH! *fans hammer*
>>
File: 1709002479355862.png (14 KB, 80x79)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>683864851
trick image, you'd think player B has the winning hand but people who are clever and actually scan the environment for further information are given the undeniable truth that player A simply cannot be beat
>>
>>683865351
That's a third party chaos agent.
>>
>>683865409
the extra rooks seems like a pretty real advantage still. Again it depends on what white can draw. If the deck is stacked with path to exile and swords to plowshares B is doomed for sure. But a bunch of crappy vanilla 1/1s won't do too much.
>>
If you didn't play the game with a Guitar Hero controller while hanging upside down from the ceiling with your head in a bucket of cold porridge, you didn't beat the game.
>>
>>683864851
The gun seems great unless you believe the game you are playing to win is chess, in which case, killing your opponent would lock you in a permanent match like a game of jumanji
>>
>>683864851
I still say that using a checkered board is unnecessary.
Plus it clearly favors white camouflage.
>>
>>683866893
You forget that the winning spirit would still keep moving the pawn, and you can't kill it with a gun.
>>
>>683864456
To give a practical example from a real game
>AoE2:AoK hard AI
Artificial difficulty
>AoE2:DE hard AI
Real difficulty
Both are available to play in DE if you want to experience a direct comparison
>>
>>683864456
Look at that momentum.
Partway through the leap it's like she's just suddenly dropped. Gravity doesn't suddenly kick in.
This is artificial difficulty and the devs should be made to watch their favourite coworker be thrown off a cliff so they can see how arcs work.
>>
File: Fg03-C1XoAAsUTO.jpg (257 KB, 2048x1800)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
Pooka spotted
>>
>>683864456
kek
>>
>>683867470
its called air resistance high school-kun
>>
>>683869826
Air resistance lowers as speed decreases. The greatest drag would have been at the beginning. If you've already got that arc, it's not going to suddenly drop.
>>
>>683867470
I wish more platformers used that type of jump arc. Tired of everything feeling weightless nowadays
>>
>>683864456
If I enjoy it it's good difficulty, if it pisses me off it's bad difficulty.
>>
>>683864456
Controls and rules work consistently, risk induced by randomness can be mitigated.
Additionally the controls should be suited to the game, i.e. an FPS game should not be played with a controller that can only offer thumbsticks for camera/cursor control unless it is explicitly using a lock-on targeting system like Metroid Prime.
>>
>>683864456
This image really is true lol, just look at consort radahn. Like every other boss, certain playstyles are stronger or weaker against him, yet its still more than doable to do RL1 0 Blessing hitless if you learn the move, as well as to 2 shot him, if you understand the weapon mechanics.
The only people who complained are those who used cheese builds that now just don't work against him, and refuse to change build, or get good enough to beat him with the current build to make up for that.
He still is a really fun boss once you understand the moves, if you actually try that instead of crying the moment you hit a small wall.
>>
>>683864456
real difficulty is to find a loving wife
>>
>>683864456
Percieved, a challenge, boasting rights. It can be anything you want, it's like trying to define "fun."
>>
>>683864851
Player A is more likely to win if he can stall for 5 turns. Especially if during that time he lands on a community chest.
>>
File: mega chessatron.jpg (308 KB, 610x701)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>683864851
This is actually interesting. Player B seems destined to lose on the surface (+4 card that is a detriment to their strategy, useless .22, bad board placement, fear of the gummy) but they actually are in a far better position when you remember that they can very easily assemble the mega chessatron with all of their pawns so close. The PEDs will actually hinder white in the long run and the heart of a champion makes for a great synergy with Elvis memorabilia
Black has this in the bag
>>
>>683874337
unironically and i'm scared
>>
Nerf Now guy is such a condescending faggot.
>>
>>683864851
Wouldn't Draw 4 actually be incredibly good for another player on any game other than Uno tho
>>
>>683864851
>Artificial difficulty = random roll
your definition is too simple. it doesn't cover a ton of cases like
>bad camera (e.g. camera failing to follow the player resulting in blind leaps of faith towards the camera)
>clunky controls (e.g. game snapping movement to cardinal directions, making it almost impossible to jump diagonally)
>cheap shots like deathtraps that are impossible to spot without having died to them previously
>AI ally with deficient programming that leads to it walking into certain death scenarios (bonus points if its death results in a game over and player can't do anything to alter its course)
>unforgivingly tight margins of error: e.g. pixel perfect jumps, placing enemies on platform ledges at a different height so the player can't hit them (ninja gaiden does this a lot, if you don't have ninpo you're pretty much fucked), placing enemies around corners at close quarters so you inevitably get shot the moment you peek around the corner to shoot)
>cheating AI (e.g. computer reading your hand and face down cards, computer getting a hand size of 20 (see YGO forbidden memories))
>impossible scenarios (puzzle bobble games can refuse to give you the bubble colors you need to win. I remember a level in 4 where I lost even though I played perfectly)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.