[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Imagine if he found an islamic history book instead of a Roman one and started calling himself Sultan or some shit
>>
players would feel even less guilt over shooting them all on sight
>>
File: 1721977622776546.jpg (84 KB, 981x749)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I don't care
>>
>>683869090
MTG art is so fucking bad now what happened
>>
Seljuks had better aesthetics than the Romans tbdesu, I wouldn't mind it.
>>
>>683869090
That would be Dune.
>>
>>683870008
The same thing happening to all current artists across all mediums, everyone's lacking in worldly experience. Used to be life's mundane struggles or some war happening that made creators more sublime, but now there are no wars. Now life is bread and circuses (internet) which is why Western art, stories, shows feel like they're made by children
>>
>>683869090
yeah that would be a slightly different game I guess
>>
>>683869090
He’d consider himself a Caliph, not a sultan. Unironically though, Islam would absolutely be a benefit to him because it would add a deeper religious aspect to his empire as opposed to the more disparate “Mars”.
>>
>>683869090
Not much would change, the Legion are already barbaric slaving raping misogynistic homophobic monsters.
>>
>>683869090
He would call himself Muhammed, that's literally the story of Islam. Some dude in the middle of a nowhere set of mountains decides he's going to make up a religion loosely based on the rising Christian faith, the Hebrew faith Christianity formed from and his local customs.
After that Muhammed and future authors of the religion just randomly made shit up to try and codify various justifications for behaviours and beliefs.
>>
>>683871193
>homophobic
*heterophobic
>>
>>683872020
Don't say haram things in my islamic site
>>
>>683869090
>Islamic history book instead of Roman
He was educated on human history as he was follower of apocalypse, he did not just found a book
>>
>>683869090
that's a kino faction idea
>>
>>683870008
Looks like it's painted over a 3D scene positioned in blender. I mean look at the two legionnaires just A-posing
>>
>>683872290
>he did not just found a book
finded*
>>
>>683872330
I think the Arabian/islamic aesthetics are a bit under appreciated in fiction in general
>>
>>683872221
I mean that's practically every religion so it's not exactly an indictment. Although Islam does have some weird moments like numerous accounts of boy love and penis inspection.
>>
>>683872487
>Caliphate core and Crusader punk RTS
Let it be so.
>>
File: Thrax.png (175 KB, 331x327)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>683869090
>GLA in Fallout
Absolute kino.
>>
>>683871193
>the Legion
>homophobic
lmao
>>
>>683872610
>Chinese assault rifles, for EVERYONE!
>>
>>683869090
I have toyed with this exact idea in the past. Muhammad did unite a bunch of tribes and gave them common cause and universal rules, it's actually a very similar story to Caesar's in some respects. There's a lot of instances where divisions could have arose that Muhammad squashed with further revelation like dividing spoils after battle and how to handle prisoners of war and distribute property and so on whole chapters of the Quran are dedicated to things like this. I can see him kind of building a religion as he goes to meet all the challenges they met along the way.

The main problem is what cultural foundation is he working with? The tribals are full on ooga booga shamans. Arabs understood Muhammad's references to Biblical stories even if many of them were pagans. Its why the Quran can feel so sparse or like you're getting a snippet of a larger conversation, it assumes the reader is already familiar with the subject. "Remember when you did so and so and then this happened, but you did that". He has no culture to work with, and more importantly wants the previous culture completely erased he doesn't give a shit about learning about it at all so how can he speak to them like a prophet? In Dune Paul is treated with awe and reverence because he just gets the Fremen in a way other people don't.
>>
>>683872610
What would be the Fallout equivalent to the SCUD? An FEV bomb or some shit?
>>
>>683872221
Those guys are Brazilian
>>
>>683875687
mashallah, islam has reached brazil
>>
>>683875320
bro there is toxic waste everywhere in fallout no need to search for rare ass FEV.
>>
>>683872610
Honestly? Not the worst of ideas. The scrappy aesthetic would fit in perfectly in fallout.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.