[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.48 MB, 848x960)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
About to start this, what am I in for?
>>
boredom
>>
game that just throws shit at the wall and hope it sticks
>>
>>685296509
An okay game that leads into a fun as fuck sequel. Do your best to conserve ammo and good luck with the safe head guy and the flame bitch. They are the two hardest bosses in the game.
>>
>first half:
>"We got RE4 at home"
>second half:
>The fuck is this shit ?
>last hour:
>The ride never fucking ends
>>
a sub-par resident evil knock-off
>>
>>685297854
>>685297923
I actually really enjoyed the horror vibe of RE: Village and RE4, like just walking around and piecing a puzzle together. This game kind of gives me that feeling, so I think I might enjoy it if that's the case.

I figured I'd ask anons what they thought of it, since a lot of people really enjoyed the first and second game, but it appears anons don't really like it on /v/, though I'm not surprised.
>>
Kino until the city which is gen 7 sloppa
>>
>>685297994
i beat the first game
didnt like it enough to get the second, i see theyre both on sale for less than 10 dollars each. worth it for that price but dont be surprised if you feel like its lacking
>>
>>685298263
I paid $5 for Evil Within on PS5, honestly quite a few good deals on the PS store right now. You can get some good stuff for $5-$7. Even if I don't like it, I'd only be out $5.
>>
Pretty underrated horror game. The story is basically non-existent and the gameplay can be fairly janky but I think it's a fantastic survival horror game. The limited ammo, wide range of environmental traps and hazards, and unique combat landscapes make for very fun survival set pieces. It really succeeds at making you scrounge for every last bullet to survive. Don't judge it off the first half hour, it takes some time for you to enter the main gameplay loop.
>>
>>685296509
It's dogshit, I replayed it about a month ago too and hated it. I forgot how jank it was, also the Microsoft Store version has more features and runs better than the other versions for some reason.

It's a barely coherent mess of a game. The 2nd one sucks too.
>>
>>685298437
Oh hey what's up Mr. Mikami? Didn't realize you posted on 4chan.
>>
>>685296509
Some initial advice for an overall better experience is make sure to upgrade your stamina first one or two levels when you're able to. The sprint duration (three seconds) soured the game on me initially and it wasn't until I replayed it for The Evil Within 2 and upgrading it initially did I have a much better time. Next is to inspect the environment for miniature statues and either melee them if they're in range or, despite the limited ammo you have, shoot them if they're out of range. The keys they drop will be very beneficial for you moving forward. That's all I'll say on the gameplay front. The story itself is serviceable for what it is and I enjoyed the first half. It did go off the rails towards the end, but at least it somewhat made sense plot wise as to why that happened. Have fun with it and give the DLC a shot too, they're pretty decent
>>
>>685296509
>You know what RE4 really needed?
>Forced stealth segments!
>>
it's starts fairly scary the first few chapters, but then tones down and becomes more action adn stealth oriented, so curb your expectations and don't expect a traditional horror all the way through.
>>
>>685296509
The intro will be very confusing and feel super clunky and make you on edge because you have no materials and have no idea how matches properly work yet.
Once you get to chapter 5 you'll get into the rhythm of things and understand how they intend for you to tackle problems but it won't really set in until around chapter 8.
Once you reach the Resident Evil portion of the game then it becomes its own weird thing.
Chapter 12 (Or whatever the autoscroller chapter was) is the worst part of the game along with the final gauntlet leading to the last boss.

It's also extremely confusing intentionally with the story and locations until closer to endgame, and overall I enjoyed it far more than 2. 2 is basically a budget version of TLOU and far more boring outside of the finale. Make sure to play the DLC if you want to understand the story more.
>>
>>685296509
its okay
>>
>>685302552
>Once you get to the chapter with invisible enemies
>>
>>685299654
what segments in evil within are forced? honest question. i dont remember any forced parts
>>
It’s a great game, so is the second one even though it plays very differently

however I’ve never played many survival horror games (only this and dead space 1) so take my opinion with a grain of salt
>>
>>685302862
Mostly just the very beginning.
>>
>>685302837
There's only like three or four of them total and they're only in that one single room from what I recall. But in general once you get to the prison the game sort of starts making sense in how it wants you to approach it.
>>
>>685303041
oh right. the big guy that puts you on the hook. thats not bad. that section takes like 5-10 minutes
>>
>>685303164
I agree, but early chapters benefit massively from conservative stealth approach. That being said it's very possible to guns blaze the entire game. Just going to be a frustrating experience withou the help of meta knowledge.
>>
Amazing tense horror themed action game, the sequel was fun but not as great as the original.
>>
>>685303164
He's not talking about just that. The entire first section up until you open the gate requires stealth because shooting spawns more enemies and encounters. Even on Akumu where you're blitzing through the level you have to specifically lead enemies a certain way, drop specific matches, and know exactly who you dodge past and who you light on fire unless you plan on running in circles around the hay bale before lighting it on fire and hoping every Haunted walks into it. It heavily encourages walking enemies into the tripwires or ignoring them.

Once you get to the farm if you're not sneaking around abusing checkpoints you're gonna have an absolute miserable time because you have next to no ammo, you only unlock the shotgun and I believe the crossbow there, multiple enemies spawn when you pass specific staircases meaning you have to either lead them tripwires or know how to evade them, and until you kill The Sadist you're going nowhere which is really hard to do without having hoarded your ammo.

On Akumu the farm gets even scarier because you have one or two Ruvik clones wandering around that also aggro even more enemies if they spot you assuming they don't just teleport and insta kill you.
>>
>>685296509
Fun game. Held back a bit by older gaming standards for displays and stuff but solid, fun. Worth replaying.
>>
>>685296509
Controls can get a little awkward but it really is a fun horror game.
I almost gave up on the game at first because of the controls but it grew on me.
Great pacing, I liked the fact that you really don't know what's going on in the story, which is something that I liked, also pretty challenging.
The second game wasn't as great, it was decent in the first half but after that it really felt lame, especially with Sabastian's new voice actor who sounded like he was trying way too hard to sound really rough.
>>
evil within 1 has that 'level to level' style of progression that older games had. i miss that so much. every game now is open-world. even evil within 2 ended up being open world for the most part
>>
>>685296509
I found the DLC more memorable than the base game, far better set pieces in just a third of the base's runtime.
>>
>>685296509
Tried to copy RE4 and managed to be worse than RE6. Garbage level design and never fucking ends.
>>
>>685296509
RE4 but better
>>
File: 1713732626716350.jpg (2.6 MB, 3840x2160)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>685296509
Ignore the faggots in this thread.
you're about to experience high levels of KINO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8FcnKv7s7M
>>
>>685296509
Melee is a trap, by all that is holy do not invest in it.
The match tutorial is poorly worded, guys you shoot to death won't stand back up if unburnt. Use then more like a quick finisher for a stunned guy in a group.
The first 2 - 3 chapters are kinda rough but the game gets crazy fun after.
>>
>>685306145
>Use then more like a quick finisher for a stunned guy in a group.
More like you should group up enemies and then drop the match on a body on the ground because it insta-kills basically anything that's not a boss and has a fairly large AoE. Using the shotgun to group enemies, finding an enemy roughly in the middle of said group, and then dropping a match on it will kill everyone next to it and the same applies to any enemy that walks near the body you're lighting on fire within roughly one second of dropping the match.

It's the most OP mechanic in the game and can kill 10+ enemies at times if you know how to group them around a body.
>>
>>685296509
really fun horror action game
its filled with stupid 2000s gameplay ideas but when it lets you play its great fun
you have tons of tools and it feels very rewarding to play

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.