[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Radahn.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
This has to be the most difficult boss in the entire series. Even at SL 200, with dragoncrest greatshield, golden braid talisman and pickled dried liver. im still getting knocked around
>>
>>686193867
I don't understand why they chose Radahn of all things. Was it reddit? Did reddit meme them into thinking he was some tragic, crucial, b*sed and redpiIIed character. Secondly why did they double down on issues people had with enemies and bosses from the base game? People joked about enemies doing wildly anime combos that end in shockwaves and AOE or moving so unnaturally despite their size.
>>
souls bosses stopped being good after Sekiro
>>
File: 1719754266854042.jpg (631 KB, 1491x1617)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
>>686193867
I love this boss. Stay in melee range, learn his patterns, he'll be dead in no time. You need to realize P2 isn't that different from P1, you just need to stay close

>>686194048
This is my one problem with the fight, from a lore/story perspective it's absolutely capeshit tier
>>
The DLC just isn't very good, nor well thought out.
>>
>>686193867
>This has to be the most difficult boss in the entire series
Then the souls series is not that hard. Can't believe I fell for this meme.
>>
>>686194048
fanservice, unironically. the miquella element of the DLC lore was hamfisted garbage. wouldn't surprise me if there was a major rewrite halfway through development.
>>
>>686196525
I don't care what the shiIIs or redditors say, the original DLC was clearly meant to be about Death and theres just way too many overwhelming bits of evidence to reinforce it, down to the fucking datamined info about bosses or things changing like the name of the Emperyean Grandham. I can see Messmer and Hornsent culture still being apart of it, but thats really it.
>>
>moghWYN dynasty
>oh uh actually I meant moghDAHN, oopsie
>>
>>686193867
>the entire series
Elden Ring is just one game though.
>>
>>686194048
they will deny it but devs actually read and listen to fan lore theories to then subvert expectations for the dlc. imagine if they continued the narrative that mohg was a pedo
>>
>>686194048
People liked to imagine prime Radahn but they delivered it in a horrible way that kind of ruined him, he was alright in phase 1 but phase 2 was cancer.
>>
>>686196978
That's the thing though; it isn't even really Radahn, it's Radahn's soul in a repurposed Mogh body and, at least arguably, brainwashed by Miquella. So even the fanboy fags still can't really justify the "pre-Shattering Radahn at 100% of his power!!!!" BS narrative. I don't know who this is honestly meant to satisfy from a lore perspective.
>>
>>686193867
use assassin's gambit and unseen form then walk into the arena and head toward the back left side and chuck rot pots at him

before his phase transition use mimic veil sit there for a bit and congrats he's fucking dead
>>
>>686197170
The whole thing sounds fetishistic fanfic.
>Miquella was mind-controlling Mohg the entire time
>brought his festering corpse to another continent
>revived the soul of a demigod who was said to have been hewn into the Erdtree, where all souls go after death
>put that soul into an Omen body thats growing horns out of his shoulders
>somehow this soul can use not only Radahn's aiblities but Mohg's bloodflame bs
>oh and it can move faster even though Mohg was a cursed Omen who spent most of his life physically impaired by tumorous growths of horns, in a sewer full of filth and shit

Then Miquella buffs him with holy nonsense. And what do you get as a reward. Two variants of the Starscourge Greatsword with even worse damage and a recolored set of his armor.
>>
>>686196978
>muh Prime Radahn
nostalgiafagging for DS1 in DS3 is one thing, Elden Ring nostalgiafagging for itself is a new level of sad
this would've been perfectly fine if we either had never fought Radahn in base game or if the Radahn Mohg fusion didn't just look like Radahn with extra steps
>>
>>686197428
Yeah, it's honestly a complete fucking mess from a lore standpoint. The Suppression Tower retcon tries to address your point on the Remembrance, but it's clear this shit exists solely to enable the refight and is super unsatisfying as a result. The Messmer/Hornsent/Genocide part of the DLC was good, even great, with a solid capstone bossfight in Messmer. The frenzy sidequest with Midra was cool and the finger stuff with Metyr was at least decent. But the Miquella stuff was dogwater, just embarrassing really, and really sad given what I've come to expect from From.
>>
>>686196845
Mohg was a pedo. He kidnapped Miquella to be the client of the formless mother. Him getting charmed was incidental. For people crying about redditors you sure are quick to adopt their headcanon.
>>
>>686197170
It is Radahn. He just has some horns on his arms.
>>686197428
>Miquella was mind-controlling Mohg the entire time
No. Mohg was enchanted when he kidnapped Miquella
>brought his festering corpse to another continent
Bodies don't rot in the lands between except through magic
>somehow this soul can use not only Radahn's aiblities but Mohg's bloodflame bs
He is Radahn and now literally has Mohg's fire blood
>oh and it can move faster even though Mohg was a cursed Omen
Radahn's body was made from Mohg's flesh, it's not like Miquella just plugged him in.
>And what do you get as a reward
A great hat
>>
>>686193867
I agree. Most difficult, especially the second phase. First phase become easy if you just learn to stay at a particular area.
>>
>>686198296
>Bodies don't rot in the lands between except through magic
The shambling, emaciated bodies of nobles, soldiers, various other opponents you run across, including the wildlife like the dogs disproves that in its entirety. The fact that Rykard's corpse leaves behind a head that has rotting flesh also disproves that.
>>
>>686198296
>It is Radahn. He just has some horns on his arms.
Yeah and WHY does he have horns? Because it's Mogh's body repurposed. No matter what you say, it will never be 100% pre-shattering Radahn. There are way too many variables in his "creation" by Miquella. It's fanservice that doesn't even accomplish its goal correctly.
>Bodies don't rot in the lands between except through magic
They clearly do. There are tons of rotten and skeletal things in-game.
>>
>>686198650
Those bodies aren't rotting, just extremely old without being able to die of old age. Normal decay doesn't happen
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Gold-Tinged+Excrement
Rykard's body is not rotting, it's actually regenerating
>>
>>686198802
>Yeah and WHY does he have horns? Because it's Mogh's body repurposed. No matter what you say, it will never be 100% pre-shattering Radahn.
Oh, so you're just saying that the power level might not be right. Well sure, but sorry about your autism diagnosis
>There are tons of rotten and skeletal things in-game.
The rotten things are caused by magic rot and the skeletons are the long dead being reanimated by magic.
>>
>>686198986
>W-well OK, b-but you're just an a-a-a-autist!
Concession accepted, thanks for playing.
>>
>>686194048
>Secondly why did they double down on issues people had with enemies and bosses from the base game?
Honestly feels like the bosses are a parody of Elden Ring's base game. Specially Bayle, Messmer, Rellana and Radahn.
>>
>>686199105
You're missing the point. People talked about facing Radahn when he wasn't fucked by the rot because they thought it would be cool, not because they wanted to run the numbers for power scaling retardation
>>
>>686199296
You're missing the point. They aren't facing that radahn.
>>
>>686199267
>parody
Discord tranny. Also Bayle isn't even executionally difficult.
>>
>>686199364
It's close enough
>>
>>686199296
>face Radahn pre-rot
>well not Radahn per se but Radahn in Mogh's body
>well also he's brainwashed
>oh and his phase 2 relies on Miquella
>oh also he largely copies the moveset of a dark souls enemy
>oh and
Just stop. It's not just fanservice, it's actually bad fanservice. If they were going to retcon parts of their lore to make it happen they should have just gone all the way.
>>
>>
>>686199392
>Discord tranny
What? I don't even have discord.
>Also Bayle isn't even executionally difficult.
He is just a badly designed boss. I went in there trying to to be a chad, no summons, sword only pure dodging and couldn't, massive arena, boss just keeps jumping around making the fight a constant boring chase, lots of damage, bullshit broken attacks like his fire breaths where the flame particles would just bounce off their trajectory out of nowhere and deal tons of damage, some of his attacks cover the entire fucking arena, the camera is fucking cancer, I'd just constantly clip inside his body, his grab attack is pure AIDS, some of his moves would just straight up one shot me (55 vigor btw) and so on. I gave up and just summoned and used incantation to kill him, because I just tired of the bullshit.
>>
>>686199575
>well also he's brainwashed
Nope
>oh also he largely copies the moveset of a dark souls enemy
He has like one conbo borrowed from Pontiff, most of his moves are just more refined versions of his base game fight
>If they were going to retcon parts of their lore to make it happen
Nothing was retconned
>>
>>686199726
>He is just a badly designed boss.
He's one of the best bosses From has ever made. It's fantastic.
>some of his moves would just straight up one shot me (55 vigor btw)
You never even played it.
>>
>>686199936
Kek. You are braindead.
>>
>>686199936
Ah, I get it now, you're a troll.
>>
>>686200296
>>686200347
"I got one shot at 50 vigor" proves you never played it. Unless you're rolling a scorpion charm and a soreseal maybe.
>>
>>686199726
You are meant to use Igon.
>>
>>686200428
You think you're talking to a single anon but you aren't.
>>
File: 1706385589354156.webm (2.89 MB, 306x600)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>686199726
Bayle pov
>>
>>686196338
I agree wholeheartedly, absolute disappointment on pretty much all fronts. Though I do wish someone would rip the world to put in a better game, the lost graveyard area with the blue flowers is genuinely beautiful. I get the feeling they let the graphics team just make shit for 6 years then spend the last 3 months throwing together the bosses and story.
>>
>>686200428
The one lightning attack he does where he slams it in the ground would just one shot me. If you want to be a nigger about it, sure if I was in full HP I'd survive with a sliver of health, who cares? The bosses constantly spam attacks (including AOE) and deal a fuckton of hp in damage, If you aren't watching your health constantly you are are just dead, let alone if you have only a sliver of health.
>>686200690
Still a slog to fight. I killed him easily spamming incantations and summoning, but that's boring baby shit.
>>686201043
More like I'd just go in that space between his asshole and non-fucked hinder leg and keep hitting him there.
>>
>>686199267
I fucking hated Messmer when I first fought him, and to my surprise he turned out to be the most fun boss of the dlc. Consistent moves that are dodgable if you know what you're doing. No bloated hp. Attacks aren't just "I spint in a circle and damage everything then slip into my 5 hit combo that also does that. Will occasionally stop to give you a breather. Great compared to the other bullshit. Still shit even compared to most of the other bosses but passable as something post Malenia.
>>
>>686201379
>and to my surprise he turned out to be the most fun boss of the dlc.
I agree. I also liked Rellana because of it. But Messmer had some RNG to him, sometimes he would finish his combo and immediately begin his grab, I died a lot to him because of this since I'd try to punish his combo with a jump attack and my character wouldn't recover in time to dodge the grab. In his second phase I also had moments where he'd spam his snake attacks as well, still pretty fun once you learn the timing for his combos, I sometimes go there to help people fight him as summon.
>>
>>686194048
radahn, along with rykard, is zaki's favorite character. that's why.
>>
Holy based.
>>
>>686198296
>No. Mohg was enchanted when he kidnapped Miquella
nope. miquella needed mohg to get in the shadow lands and orchestrated the entire thing.
>>
>>686201324
Ah you mean the slow ass attack with a extremely clear sound and visual cue that gives you ample time to heal or run away?
>if i was at full health
You you weren't at full health it's grammatically not a one shot
>>
>>686199643
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>686196978
prime radahn is when he fought malenia. everyone powered up after the shattering, as they all went and grabbed bits of the elden ring.

messmer is actually a good example of a demigod pre-shattering.
>>
>>686201964
>prime radahn is when he fought malenia
so, we can assume starscourge is closer to that than consort radahn.
>>
>>686202021
No?
>>
>>686201915
>"See this one attack is easy to dodge if you see it being telegraphed a mile away!!! I'm very smart"
No shit. He doesn't do one attack per minute, he will very often spam and use it between his combos. If I mess up my dodge time and get caught up in it, I'm dead. That's fine though, Elden Shit has plenty of these, Bayle's problem is having this and being overall a dogshit fight where you are fighting inside his rectum and getting clipped inside his body as he spams his dick breath attacks and jump around the arena forcing you to run after him over and over again. Then he gets to second phase and starts fucking flying and shooting you with shit across the entire arena that if you don't dodge you are dead, It's a combination of factors that make him a garbage boss.
>>
>>686194048
reused assets
>>
>>686201964
The whole "Prime Radahn" thing doesn't matter because the Tarnished kills the same Malenia who fought him, then a stronger version all in one go. The same one who wanted to rot a continent for her faggot brother and prided herself on being an unbeatable, goddess Emperyean.
>>
>>686201831
Wrong. Miquella could not have beguiled someone he had not yet had contact with and, if it he had planned it, would not have had Mohg hide away in a place where he would likely never be found. All of Miquella's activities aftr being kidnapped were him cobbling a new plan together due to his kidnapping having ruined the haligtree
>>
>>686202174
Get good, or die mad, discord tranny
>>
>>686194048
Bevause the Battle of Aonia was about Radahn breaking the vow
>>
>lvl200
Overleveled
>>
>>686196691
Reminder that the Scadutree is inexplicably irrelevant in the DLC in the named after it, and actually ties into 1.00 lore about deathroot being the saping of the "death tree"
Empyrean Grandam seems like it might have been an actual. All hornsent enemies use the Japanese term for empyrean in the files for some reason, and this was accidentally included in the Japanese incantation description and subsequently translated as empyrean in the English version, and both were patched out.
Either that or all hornsent were meant to be empyreans.
>>
>>686198802
>It's fanservice
It's not fanservice
>>686202860
>Reminder that the Scadutree is inexplicably irrelevant in the DLC in the named after it
It isn't
>All hornsent enemies use the Japanese term for empyrean
Because the hornsent worshipped the Gloam Eyed Queen and the Divine Tower was for the Mother of Truth. That's why the inquisitors use candletrees
>>
>>686202783
I preferred when the battle was about Malenia trying to find a route to save Miquella who's directly below it.
Or maybe it was because Radahn was preventing the eclipse from happening.
But nope, turns out Malenia's just a fujo who destroyed a chunk of the Lands Between because Radahn no way fag'd Miquella. Or maybe she was a brocon super butthurt over Miquella picking Radahn over her?
Either way I feel bad for Millicent thinking there was ever any pride and dignity to return to Malenia.
>>
>>686202765
No argument already? That was easy. Bayle is a bad boss, it's simple. No amount of visual fluff will make this not true, but at least the rewards are worth it.
>>
>>686203152
He's a great boss. His attacks are more than fair, you just suck.
>>
File: shattering.png (1.46 MB, 2000x1000)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>686203115
I don't understand why they just didn't boil it down to simplicity: Malenia wanted to personally fight and challenge someone dubbed "The mightiest of the demigods", claim his Rune for Miquella along with her own so he can become Elden Lord. Thats it. Radahn wanted to kill Godrick for his rune but couldn't find him, Malenia almost did but she probably saw him as pitiful and Morgott runs around TLB with a bunch of black cloaked horsemen to prevent Tarnished from getting runes period. All of the greatest powers in the game are conniving warlords, vying for control of a world that they ruined.
>>
>>686203115
Radahn stopping the stars to prevent the eclipse would have been a way better motive for Malenia to kill him, frankly. Would tie into some of the lore about Miquella and Godwyn, even the light foreshadowing of the Moghwyn dynasty terminology. I unironically feel this was the plan at one point but that it was changed once they realized they could more easily recycle assets, provide fanservice, and "subvert expectations" by going the route they ultimately went instead. The DLC lore is just too shitty in comparison to the base game for me to believe it was properly planned out.
>>
>>686202860
Why are you fags obsessed with cut content and patched out files. Cut content was cut. Not canon, written out. Deleted. If it was patched out it's because it was a mistake. You might as well come up with your own headcannon and believe that, it's exactly as relevant as cut content.

You want the DLC to be about death? Sure! It is. Now fuck off
>>
>>686203115
>>686203559
>the lore should have been [my shitty headcanon]
lmao.
>>
File: 1695192030567.jpg (394 KB, 1044x1041)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>686203115
>I preferred generic garbage that doesn't tie to the themes and metaphysical elements of Elden Ring and that was cobbled together by half-assed theorycrafting without any understanding.
Ok but who cares? The whole game is about characters changing bodies and Fate, the premise of the Eclipse is creating body vessels. You want to ignore those elements because you want fanservice, not because Radahn is fanservice. This is the narrative the game built to.
>>686203463
>I don't understand why they just didn't boil it down to simplicity: Malenia wanted to personally fight and challenge someone dubbed "The mightiest of the demigods"
Because it's not generic cookie cutter garbage. Radahn had been wanting a body that could become Elden Lord since the begimning, and Miquella had been wanting a Lord to support his Godhood. Radahn's conquest of the Stars is him trying to halt the influence Stars have on his Carian body, by countering with his own gravity magic. He wished to be a Demigod descendant of the Golden Lineage and guided by grace.
>>
>>686198087
Mohg's kidnapping of Miquella was completely random, here's how it went.
>Miquella waters the Haligtree with his blood.
>Mohg senses a lot of blood being poured in one spot and goes to check.
>Stumbles into Miquella.
>Gets charmed.
>Kidnap him.
>>
>>686193867
dodge the attacks or use ironjar aromatic
>>
>>686203795
Yeah, I guess it should have, because instead we got [extremely shitty reddit fanservice and LGBTQ+ poofter shit].
>>
>>686196978
He will never be Radhan, he has no horse, he has no bow, he is just a man with a twink on his back.
>>
>>686203115
>I preferred when the battle was about Malenia trying to find a route to save Miquella who's directly below it.
Headcanon
>>
why didn't ramadan just throw us out of the flying city with his gravity powers? is he stupid?
>>
>>686196428
>Then the souls series is not that hard.
people have been saying this for over a decade, you shouldn't have listened to the normalfags
>>
The game fucks itself by saying this is Radahn.

This is a meat puppet.
>>
>>686202140
starscourge still has his rune. he'll be just as good at fighting. it's gameplay reasons for why he's not more difficult.
>>
>>686203623
>Cut content was cut. Not canon, written out. Deleted.
And it's a screw up when it's clear cut content was supposed to be a big part of the lore, so big they can't even cut it all out because part of it can be seen on the map itself.
From has a serious problem with committing to plans but then not seeing them through.
>>
>>686203838
Schizo headcanon
>>
>>686204241
No, it's 100% Radahn
Radahn wanted this, he wanted to be a Lord.
The reason Castle Sol and Caria alliance is broken is that Miquella can't start the Eclipse, so he can't take Radahn's soul back after he dies. From this came the whole plan to do it in the Lands of Shadow.
The DLC is a perfectly logical conclusion to what we know of base game Miquella.
>>
>>686204679
Headcanon
>>
>>686204657
Nothing was changed or screwed up, except the base game Miquella ending which was a shittier Age of Stars
>>
>>686204679
And the sword description in Deeproot is also about Radahn now, I take it? Face it, they retconned this shit. Imagine being such a Fromdrone you can't even admit that much.
>>
>>686204679
>Radahn wanted this, he wanted to be a Lord.
Yeah, which is he didn't tell any Redmane about the alleged "plan" and waged a war with his entire fief at stake to kill Malenia when she came calling.
If there ever was any vow and Miquella isn't just bullshitting, it's clear Radahn abandoned it in favor of aiming to become Elden Lord when the Shattering happened.
>>
>>686194048
It should’ve unironically been Godwyn-centered.
>>
>>686204959
>bro you don't understand the game that only exists in my head is so much better than the game we actually got
If it was about Godwyn you'd be wanting Radhan
>>
>guys the story isn't shit, here's why
>*incoherent fanfiction*
Every time. It's different fanfiction too, I have seen at minimum 15 separate """theories""" on the lore and takeaway from Miquella's character. If so many different people can have extremely varying views on how the story played out it's objectively shit and can barely be called a story.
>>
File: Miquella Torrent.jpg (282 KB, 1200x630)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>Mohgwyn Dynasty
>Miquella literally calls Godwyn lord brother in Golden Epitaph
>There are still people dumb enough to buy the DLC's claims that "actually, Miquella wanted Radahn and it was always him"
>When it's Fromsoft they're dealing with
>>
>>686205043
Literally nobody but redditors wanted Radahn back. Even those who did generally say he would've been cool if he was a secret side boss like Malenia, not the final boss
>>
>>686202714
he wanted to be a god.
he needed mogh to enter the shadow lands, the only way to become a god.
he planned for radahn to be his consort since a child.
he pushed the tarnished to kill both mohg and radahn (he gives you torrent after all)

the only conclusion is that he planned it all from the beginning, as he couldn't fix the things he wanted to as a demigod.
>>
>>686205083
BASED
>>
>>686204679
No he is a literal zombie with no line.
>>
>>686205197
>he pushed the tarnished to kill both mohg and radahn
He doesn't, the DLC makes it clear that the Erdtree/Marika was guiding you. Grace doesn't even point to Mohg, he's easily missible and can be ignored without much issue, at worst you have some serial killers running around but that's a fair price in exchange for permacucking Miquella since he's a retard and decided to cocoon himself for no reason.
>>
>>686205083
This is not Miquella.
This is Marika.
>>
>>686205083
Theres Deathbirds everywhere. In the area with giant coffins where you fight the Gloam-Eyed Knight you find Death sorceries. There is a pillar stating how Death is washing up to the LOS for eons. There is the Scadutree, which everyone and their mothers speculated and stated was a Deathblight Tree because it fucking looks like one. The Scadutree Avatar has several thorn attacks which look like a 1:1 copy of the Deathblight animation. Scadutree Fragments look like Godwyn's face. The Finger Ruins have the exact same symbol as the Godskin Black Flame. It just baffles me that they made something incomprehensible but kept everything else, and as a result made it even more incomprehensible.
>>
>>686205345
All you have to do is compare designs to see it's Miquella, and it was confirmed to be him in an interview.
>>
>>686204832
>And the sword description in Deeproot is also about Radahn now,
No, it's about Godwyn. Godwyn is a retelling of the Death of Baldur. Marika assassinated him in order to create another Age of Plenty, but Ranni, who orchestrated the thing, tricked her
Godwyn was supposed to be a martyr of Destined Death but Ranni used him to get rid of her body.
The Mausoleums use Godwyn's Deathblight to protect the bodies.
Miquella tested the process with Ensha, a Carian Soulless King given the body of a mimic tear, that becomes Miquella's servant. There's many elements hinting that Miquella and Ranni were also accomplices in tricking Marika. The Mausoleum Knight guards the access to the Black Knife Catacomb.
>>686204848
Castle Sol and Caria had a long relationship.
There's 2 mausoleums without bells each on either side of the church of vows.
The vow was made long ago and was broken when they entered in war, before the Redmanes burned their crest, and before they sieged Leyndell.
>>
>>686205493
Muh interview.

Show source.
>>
>>686205565
>There's 2 mausoleums without bells each on either side of the church of vows.
They're both to the north together in the ruins resembling the underground ones.
>>
>>686205486
>Theres Deathbirds everywhere.
Deathbirds were the gravekeepers of the Crucible Oeder
>In the area with giant coffins where you fight the Gloam-Eyed Knight you find Death sorceries.
Death Sorceries areb't related to Godwyn, they are related to the Gloam Eyed Queen
>There is a pillar stating how Death is washing up to the LOS for eons.
>There is the Scadutree, which everyone and their mothers speculated and stated was a Deathblight Tree because it fucking looks like one.
It doesn't
>The Scadutree Avatar has several thorn attacks which look like a 1:1 copy of the Deathblight animation.
No, they are aberrant attacks, the game makes the connection too
>Scadutree Fragments look like Godwyn's face.
They don't
>The Finger Ruins have the exact same symbol as the Godskin Black Flame.
Yes, it was the previous Order
>It just baffles me that they made something incomprehensible but kept everything else, and as a result made it even more incomprehensible.
Nothing was changed or cut, you just can't make the connections.
>>
>>686205043
Are you a fucking retard? I didn’t think about Radhan a second time after I beat his gimmick fight. One of the least interesting characters. Godwyn has a this exposition, he’s all over the map, has a quest line and ending centered around him, and nothing. Worst part is the exact plot would’ve still worked with Godwyn.
>miquella needed soulless husk as a vessel
>Godwyn is literally a soulless husk
Could’ve still been Radhan’s spirit as well. Just lazy asset recycling because they weren’t creative enough to figure out how to make Godwyn work.
>>
File: file.png (554 KB, 788x365)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>686205661
https://www.famitsu.com/news/202402/22335199.html
>--One more thing related to the art: is the person riding the Trent "Mikela of the Sacred Tree," one of the Demigods whose existence is mentioned in the main story?
>Miyazaki : Yes, that's right.
>>
>>686205565
>>686205901
Can you use a trip or a name so we can filter your incomprehensible, third-world, orangutan babble?
>>
>>686194048
>godwyntrannies are still mindbroken
Wew lad.
>>
>>686205901
>>686205565
>>686204679
Dude, are you being paid? It's insane to me how dedicated to this shit sandwich you are. Your responses are almost universally "nuh uh" over and over again. I left and came back like two hours later and you are STILL at it.
>>
>>686196338
That's the whole game to be frank. If they had downsized the whole world by 60%, cut all the stupid little mini dungeon mines and ruins, then distributed the loot and extra dev time into the remaining world it would actually have been better overall. The DLC is just more of the same "we designed this boss to be annoying" and "run around collecting glipglop tokens unless you like your cock and balls so flat they can cut glass" bullshit, you just notice it more because it's backloaded on an already long game and is a big spike.
I mean honestly, most of the non-side bosses in Elden Ring wouldn't be out of place in a fucking DMC game going by aggression and moveset, yet you the player are barely better than you were in DS3. From clearly wants to make action games, not slow RPGs anymore. I hope to fuck their next non-AC project doesn't have any stamina management rollslop bullshit and is a proper action game because Sekiro and AC6 both showed that they're definitely pretty good at the genre.
>>
>>686206050
Would’ve preferred to fight anyone new, really. Just lazy as fuck. All the other bosses were pretty cool lore wise, even if a couple are dogshit to fight. Bayle was a cooler fight than Radhan. Midra had potential to be as well. Messmer was the objective best fight, had the best lore, and was a great addition. He would’ve even worked better as the final boss.
>>
File: GVQtKG8XgAAmhia.jpg (370 KB, 2048x1152)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>686193867
He was over the top but all it took is good help. I want to do DLC again now with my second character and i migth be not so lucky this time though.
>>
>>686206204
>No argument
>>686206036
and seething
>>
>>686199267
>Rellana
people have trouble with her??
>>
>>686201665
There's no RNG, it's all position-based combo branching, by far the best boss design ever made too
>>
>>686206319
Unlucky people have trouble with her if they do the fight at the appropriate level because if you get bad RNG you're basically fucked in phase 2. She's not a good fight because there's not much to learn, you either burst her down or you don't and whether you can or not is based on stats and/or luck depending on build.
>>
File: Elden Ring anime.jpg (3.07 MB, 2666x1500)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>686205980
>Godwyn has a this exposition, he’s all over the map, has a quest line and ending centered around him, and nothing.
So Godwyn already has content. He is a character with a narrative role. You only obssess over this because you want your fight, eveb though it doesn't fit the narrative.
It's ok not to care about the story and you clearly barely know it, what it's not ok is bitching that the DLC is a "retcon" after completely ignoring 90% of the base game to construct your
>>686203463 >simple
narrative that doesn't even take into account Erdtree blessing, Fate, Radahn's character, the foreshadowing of Jerren vow of Death being about resurrection and Radahn fearing to become like Godwyn,...
>>
>>686194048
Because Radahn (alongside Miquella) are the only Demigod whose relationship to the Will weren't addressed.
Most of the others are either paired up with a God, like Mohg and Malenia. Or are unable to follow in these footsteps entirely entirely, wither by choice like Ranni and Morgott or by getting murdered like Godwyn.
>>
>>686194063
Elden Ring dlc is dog water but armored core 6 is legit GOTY.
>>
>>686206313
There's no need to "argue" against you, nor is it even possible because you willfully ignore half of what people say, are apparently unable to pick up on basic logical implications without having them spelled out with excruciating specificity, and proceed to cherrypick replies to then autistically respond line-by-line with essentially tangential BS or, sometimes, essentially just "no." It isn't even so much that I disagree with your weird fixation on defending a mediocre DLC that is currently rated "Mixed" on Steam, it's just that you may actually be the dumbest "lore" poster I've seen in a From thread (and that's saying a lot) despite clearly believing yourself to be the smartest.
>>686206769
Case in point. A non-reply that boils down to "no, I'm smarter than you, you clearly just don't GET IT" with a short list of what are essentially buzzwords in "support". "Fate"? "Radahn's character"? Literally none of this is an argument. You sound like a 14-year-old way too wrapped up in baby's first DEEPLORE.
>>
File: 1581633900617.jpg (297 KB, 1908x1080)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Malenia is still the hardest Fromsoft boss imo tbqh
>>
>>686205997
Hory shieeet, I kneel.
>>
>>686206480
just jump over the moon attack dude
>>
>>686207118
>using muh Steam reviews
It's all bots.
>>
>There is the Scadutree, which everyone and their mothers speculated and stated was a Deathblight Tree because it fucking looks like one.
I think the Scadutree might have once been intended to be the true source of deathroot, with Godwyn in his half-dead state acting as a conduit for it to invade the Erdtree and begin bridging the two realms similar to his design reference Ganishka merging the material and astral worlds.
That's why ulcerated tree spirits sometimes appear out of deathblight-esque fog in the middle of the air.
This could even still be true, since the dlc barely touches on the thing at all.
>>
>>686206769
>So Godwyn already has content
He has an acolyte and sorta a legacy dungeon-ish. Deathblight has one singular weapon. Nothing direct really. I’m not that other autistic btw.
> eveb though it doesn't fit the narrative.
How does it not? Godwyn is a soulless husk. Miquella could’ve just as easily used his body as Radhan’s vessel rather than Moghs. You do understand, it’s highly likely he will be a focal point in a sequel/dlc if one is released, correct? They were clearly trying to get this one out the door.
Also
>he already has content durrrrr
So did Radhan, dumbass. He has his own corner of the map, the festival, and the opening cutscene. There’s shitloads of Radhan in the base game. Not to mention WE LITERALLY FUCKING FIGHT HIM. Shit argument.
>>
>>686207205
Malenia gets a lot easier when you just learn to parry. Radhan doesn’t.
>>
>>686205997
Again, it's the Death of Balder, Godwyn was supposed to die a True Death for another Age of Plenty, this is Miquella riding a spectral steed to the Land of Shadow, where he gets the soulless demigod bodies and prepares the Eclipse.
You need high IQ and knowledge of Norse mythos to understand Elden Ring
>>
>>686207592
parry. lmfao. "parry"
>>
>>686193867
Get the Haligtree Greatshield (any will do, but this one has lots of Holy block), get it to +25, equip both the best physical resist and guarding talismen. Get up to Radahn and block whenever he tries something, you will take some holy clip damage, but it is peanuts. Use this to either learn his moveset or Guard Counter his ass in both phases. Put bleed or scarlet rot on your weapon/bombs. Use a spear for maximum cheese to attack while blocking.
>>
>>686196845
>they will deny it but devs actually read and listen to fan lore theories
They probably do.
That said. Let me promise you. They did not read your Godwyn schizo conspiracies and then decide bin Godwyn.

Godwyn is dead. The entire point of "Godwyn" to the degree that is relevant at all in the game. Is that he is a has-been that was only relevant prior to the start of the game. That's his deal. Godwyn's entire twist is that he is irrelevant.
>>
>>686201043
Meanwhile in the distance: "CUUUURSE YOU BAYLE!"
>>
>>686207118
>Literally none of this is an argument
HOLY SHIT AHAHAH
Just because you filter out what you can't understand, it doesn't mean that isn't important to the lore.
You think Elden Rimg threw this conxepts around just to sound cool. Again, the base game builds up to this.
And I don't give a shit about Change getting filtered by Dancing Lion
>>
>>686207817
Not sure what gay joke you’re making
>>
>>686207919
>Is that he is a has-been that was only relevant prior to the start of the game. That's his deal. Godwyn's entire twist is that he is irrelevant.
What? His corpse is plaguing the entire land and you use a mending rune born from him to establish the new order in the Duskborn ending. He's even more relevant in death than he was in life.
>>
>>686207919
> The entire point of "Godwyn" to the degree that is relevant at all in the game. Is that he is a has-been that was only relevant prior to the start of the game. That's his deal. Godwyn's entire twist is that he is irrelevant.
And yet one of the NPC’s specifically designed for every player to meet, Fia, has a quest line built entirely around Godwyn, Prince of Death, where you give him the other half of the cursemark, and get an ending which rids the world of immortality. How is he irrelevant? Even if you avoid all that, his putrid corpse is growing and is impossible to miss, and we know that he is still alive and conscious because he protects Fia.
>>
>>686207592
Granted my opinion is based off of beating Radhan with a greatshield and a bleed spear which felt much easier than other builds I've tried against him. I haven't tried a shieldpoke bleed build against Malenia so it may be just as good against her. If it is I'd put Radhan at the top, so I'll have to try that out sometime.
>>
>>686208802
>he is still alive and conscious because he protects Fia.
Or tries to at least. It's pretty pitiful that all he can do is emit a weak Rancor Call.
>>
File: Omen bodies.jpg (3.04 MB, 3840x4322)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB JPG
>>686207492
>He has an acolyte and sorta a legacy dungeon-ish. Deathblight has one singular weapon. Nothing direct really.
His content is a questline and his story. He is an NPC, and for his role, it's importsnt that he stays so. The Shattering is the Ragnarok, basically 1:1 even
>How does it not? Godwyn is a soulless husk. Miquella could’ve just as easily used his body as Radhan’s vessel rather than Moghs
The Eclipse was centered around using Soulless Demigods. Soulless Demigods are Omen of the Golden Lineage, that have been buried in the Land of Shadow.
If the vessel wasn't an Omen it wouldn't make sense.
>You do understand, it’s highly likely he will be a focal point in a sequel/dlc if one is released, correct? They were clearly trying to get this one out the door.
It's not entirely impossible, I would speculate that Godwyn is a lot like the bodies of those in the wings of Death Bird Ritual, with a soul held hostage in Helphen
>So did Radhan, dumbass. He has his own corner of the map, the festival, and the opening cutscene
No, Radahn had at best some trivia, a lot of it based on the nebulous concept of Fate. There was nothing else except elements foreshadowing to the DLC and the vow, like him being defeated by a grace-given Demigod who is Lord or him looking up to Godfrey.
>>
>>686209218
That’s what we know he can do. Just put in the game to let you know that the thing is aware of its surroundings and hinting at something more down the line.
>>
I love Souls lore thread.
>>
>>686209269
> No, Radahn had at best some trivia
Intro cutscene, holding up the stars, fighting malenia resulting in Caelid being nuked? His fight with Morgott, etc etc. How did Godwyn have more info about him? Because of Ranni’s questline? We don’t even know what his personality was like, other than he was popular.
>>
You guys are stupid
>miquella wants to avoid his mother's mistakes
>big anti incest theme with the curses that afflict the radagon/marika offspring
>let's fuck my brother!!
Even if he was revived, it was never going to be godwyn. Yes, half-brother is a huge difference especially to nobles in actual mideivel society
The fight is much more fun than malenia and easier too because he doesn't heal
>>
>>686206319
I did as I came in unprepared into the dlc, no maxed flasks nor flask upgrades, and my build was too slow to take hits without trading blows. Once I fixed the flask issue and got myself the damage negation amulets I lasted decently enough to figure a way to brute force the fight within a couple hours. While I wouldn't say the fight was particularly hard, it just never clicked in my head. I couldn't ever figure out how to consistently dodge her swords and things would just randomly hit or miss as far as my brain is concerned. I never figured when was it safe to attack during her second phase and I just took risky moves to break stance hoping I could tank it long enough. Im doing a dragon communion build on a new save by the way.
>>
>>686209747
>The fight is much more fun than malenia and easier too because he doesn't heal
He has the most bullshit attack in the game with that fast swipe that is unironically worse than waterfowl. His attacks aren’t intuitive to dodge like Malenia’s are (other than waterfowl), and the holy light blocks up half the god damn fucking screen. Malenia also has shit poise and uses parryable moves consistently in both phases.
>>
>>686208802
>And yet one of the NPC’s specifically designed for every player to meet, Fia, has a quest line built entirely around Godwyn, Prince of Death
And the twist of that questline is that you don't even fight The Prince of Death, but rather Fia and her cultists.
>Even if you avoid all that, his putrid corpse is growing and is impossible to miss
Yeah. And it gives you the impression that there is more to him than there is. But then you don't fight him, you fight Fia. That's the twist. Because Godwyn is capital D dead.
>and we know that he is still alive and conscious because he protects Fia
No. Again. That's part of the twist and if anything is just meant to reveal Fia's ruse.
The attack ceases the moment Fia dies. The attack spawns right above Fia, not from Godwyn's remains. Fia implies that it is Godwyn's doing, but she is just pulling your leg and the moment she falls she can't keep the ruse up and the attack ceases.

You never interact with Godwyn at any point in the game.
Godwyn was highly relevant prior to the start of the game. But his entire deal after the start of the game is that he truly is no more, even in spite of parties like Fia trying to gaslight you into thinking otherwise.
>>
>>686210308
>does little damage
>always followed by the telegraphed slash into cross slash
>
>you can react to it if you're good enough
>
Stopped reading, can't take you seriously when you say "this small slash that will never chunk you from 1/2 is worse than waterfowl"
Nigger, waterfowl heals her, will overkill you from full and requires a bunch of perfect dodges and light armor, or a specific ash of war. If you are mid rolling, you have to bait it out and abuse her AI or she'll just kill you because you can't midroll roll through it.
Anyone that defends that garbage while shitting on radahn isn't sane. The thing you're complaining about doesn't even one-shot SL1 no scadutree.
>>
>>686209269
>Omen bodies.jpg
Did I seriously blind and miss Morgott's remains after defeating him at the capital? I never spoke to him after the battle.
>>
>>686210645
>The Prince of Death, but rather Fia and her cultists.
You fight his dragon best friend too.
>The attack ceases the moment Fia dies
This is a bizarre interpretation. Obviously he doesn’t have to protect her…. when she’s dead.
>But his entire deal after the start of the game is that he truly is no more
The soul is separate from the mind and the body. He is a soulless automaton. He can still think, but he has no identifiable personality, that’s the “soul”. It’s not really Godwyn, but it’s what’s left. The game definitely implies that he wants to spread and consume everything like a parasite or virus. I see where you are coming from, but I just don’t see them leaving it unresolved when he is *everywhere* even in the Realm of Shadow.
>>
>>686210913
Yes you did. He just says something about no one being able to enter the erdtree.
>>
>>686210794
Waterfowl is stupid easy to see coming 9 times out of 10. Extremely predicable in the first phase and you just run away. You don’t get to bait out Radhan’s bullshit attacks.
>b-b-baut it doesn’t kill you
Can easily stun lock you and blast you with holy damage and can be what kills a good run. It’s a retarded attack plain and simple. On top of Radhan’s other second phase attacks which are unintuitive to dodge, like the freight train one he basically steals from Malenia’s second phase but is just 10x harder to dodge.
>>
>>686194048
We should have seen this coming since Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition.
>>
>>686211289
>Yes you did.
I did? Is it something you can't miss?
Then my memory must just be shit. Which I'll admit is very plausible.
>>
>>686193867
Dark Souls didn't have somewhat challenging bosses until 3. There were Artorias and Alonne, but that's about it. 3 had Midir (high resistances on top of HP bloat) and Gael (challenging in a fun way, still doesn't come close to some of ER bosses like Midra or Radagon). Without spirit ashes, every major ER boss would make soulbabies piss and shit themselves in helpless rage.
>>
>>686211764
Never used a gay ash. Midra is also a weird example because he’s pretty easy. Messmer was way harder.
>>
>>686212101
Midra is the closest to most Soul bosses.
>>
>>686211212
>You fight his dragon best friend too
Only within the dreamspace that Fia made. But if anything that just reinforces the point. You never Godwyn. Because Godwyn is no more.
>>The attack ceases the moment Fia dies
>This is a bizarre interpretation. Obviously he doesn’t have to protect her…. when she’s dead.
It's not a bizarre interpretation. Or do you think he just forgives you the moment you succeed in the task of killing her? If Godwyn truly persisted, and was sentient at that, he wouldn't have just stopped.
>The soul is separate from the mind and the body. He is a soulless automaton. He can still think
This is pure fucking fanfiction. Delusional headcanon to the nth degree.
Corpses normally don't think. And unlike most corpses, Godwyn's remains doesn't even have a soul. Making him even less able to think than a normal dead person. And Godwyn's remains having been corrupted into a festering undeath-cancer doesn't change any of this. Why would it?
Godwyn is dead. Your idea that Godwyn can still think in spite of being dead and in spite of having no soul, is completely baseless.
>The game definitely implies that he wants to spread and consume everything like a parasite
No. Rather his remains just festers and spreads like a cancer. It's a mistake by you to assume thought, reason, or deliberate action behind any of it. Godwyn's undeath spreading is like a mold or cancer. Godwyn has no will.

>I see where you are coming from, but I just don’t see them leaving it unresolved when he is *everywhere* even in the Realm of Shadow
Why not? It is already more than resolved. The DLC changed nothing. A done and done deal. Godwyn was highly relevant prior to the start of the game, but then he turns out to be completely irrelevant after the start of the game. A has-been. And whatever you find of Godwyn's remains is a festering, literally soulless growth. A blight upon the world. And it's your mistake to assign a mind to it, especially in the absence of his soul.
>>
File: GVQtLVrWUAAZWRV.jpg (254 KB, 2048x1152)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>686212241
It's funny they gave him "I'm sorry Zanzibar" line when he dies.
Also how there naked man in forest with claw weapons named Logan.
>>
>>686209585
So nothing but Trivia and shit about Ranni. The Battle of Aeonia? Unresolved
>>
>>686195552
My one problem are the frame drops.
>>
File: D, Hunter of the Dead.jpg (396 KB, 1820x1374)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>686211212
>The soul is separate from the mind and the body. He is a soulless automaton. He can still think
Devin is completely unresponsive until you give him the armor with the soul he shares with his brother.
He is a weird looking passive weirdo with a blank stare
>>
>>686194048
>>686196845
>>686196978
Development starts on the DLC a lot earlier than you think. They're already planning the DLC before the game is released. The DLC's story is being written before the main game released.
The reason Miquella is a major figure in the DLC, is for the fact that they cut out most of his story from the base game. They wanted to do a lot more with trina and dreams, and that all got axed very late in development. Which also required some heavy rewrites. So Miquella was that missing element they wanted to incorporate into the story.
>>
>>686203114
>It isn't
Nta but it kinda sounds like it it.
>>
>>686206416
Might as well be RNG when I'd regularly punish his combos with a jump attack and then he'd just suddenly decide to chain his grab at the end but most of the time wouldn't, the snake form spam too. I have no idea what would be triggering either when my strategy for his combos and the fight was the same but sometimes he'd do it and others he wouldn't, on my winning run he never did either, but to be fair I destroyed him pretty fast. Fun fight though
>>
>>686206319
A lot of people did apparently, I beat her in 4 tries I think. I never even got to see most of her special attacks from phase 2 because I killed her fast, but i've seen people take 30+ tries on her.
>>
>>686211764
>Without spirit ashes
why would you not use a feature of the game then complain the game is too hard
it's like saying "without using rolls and shields, dark souls bosses are way too hard". like, nigger. just because some autistic speedrunners who play the game for thousands of hours can do it, doesn't mean this is the gameplay baseline
just stop watching twitch and play games on your own. retard
>>
>>686200690
>your meant to use npc to draw aggro from you
you didnt beat the game
>>
>>686207281
>It's all bots.
cope
>>
File: WOlOdinHanging.jpg (206 KB, 537x796)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>686214113
No, it isn't. Marika used the Scadutree to pull spuls of those without grace, the specular opposite of the Erdtree. Her choice to lock access to it is also more recent and yet another hint Marika planned in advance the Shattering.
The irony of the DLC drama is that nobody who criticizes the DLC story knows anything about the base game story in the first place.
>>
>>686208315
Parrying is a pretty boring thing to do for a lot of people. I know that ER gets a lot of undeserved shit for being "trial and error"-gameplay, but parrying has been the very manifestation of that meme since the beginning of souls, by the very nature that not all attacks can be parried, despite being physical.
>>
>>686198802
>WHY does he have horns?
so the hornsent and omen would accept him as their divine golden horned lion and the normal people would stop the horn discrimination
>>
>>686203838
>>686205565
>>686204679
>>686205901

This guy is spreading this narrative that:
1) Radahn wanted a new body vow was about that
2) For some reason Radahn cant be Elden Lord because he is Carian
3)hinks Radahn is not a true demigod but a step-Demigod
4)thinks you have to be golden lineage to become elden lord
5)believes player is Godfrey's descendent part of golden lineage and a demigod

Basically he's actually delusional and pushing completely made up headcanon as fact. Just point and laugh

This is him too:
>>685905605
>>685909201
>>685894339
>>
>>686203114
>Because the hornsent worshipped the Gloam Eyed Queen and the Divine Tower was for the Mother of Truth. That's why the inquisitors use candletrees
basedd knower
>>
>>686214229
>RNG
It's not
>when I'd regularly punish his combos with a jump attack and then he'd just suddenly decide to chain his grab at the end but most of the time wouldn't.
He starts the grab because you are close and you just committed your timing to an high recovery jump attack If you are playing stupidly, you should be punished.
Elden Ring boss design is excellent
>>
>>686207762
yea but they throw it all away for time constraints or they just wanted to get on to their next projects
>>
>>686215492
NTA but all of this is either proven true by the base game or DLC
>5)believes player is Godfrey's descendent part of golden lineage and a demigod
Yeah? did you play the game?
>>
>>686215848
>NTA
>Yeah? did you play the game?

two retards with exact same headcanon at the same time? No you are that anon, fuck off.

I guess none of the loretubers played the game either, since none of them say this either.
>>
>>686215492
All of this is true
>>
>>686215998
>>686215848

Okay , show me a single lore content creator that supports any point on that list. Just to corroborate your point.
>>
>>686215956
nigga what? The Tarnished are Godfrey's kin
>>
>>686216152
Tarnished are Godfrey's warriors/army and descendants of them.
They have kinship between them because theyre brothers in arms. They are not literally brothers in arms sorry.

>“My Lord, and thy warriors. I divest each of thee of thy grace. With thine eyes dimmed, ye will be driven from the Lands Between. Ye will wage war in a land afar, where ye will live, and die.”
>“Then, after thy death, I will give back what I once claimed. Return to the Lands Between, wage war, and brandish the Elden Ring. Grow strong in the face of death. Warriors of my lord. Lord Godfrey.”
>>
>>686215492
>1) Radahn wanted a new body vow was about that
Considering the Mausoleums holds bodies similar to Morgott and Mohg, makes sense in retrospective with the DLC
>2) For some reason Radahn cant be Elden Lord because he is Carian
He doesn't have the guidance of grace, and follows the Stars instead. The Nox couldn't be Elden Lord either
>3)hinks Radahn is not a true demigod but a step-Demigod
The game calls them so dude
>4)thinks you have to be golden lineage to become elden lord
A Marika or Godfrey descendant at the very least
>5)believes player is Godfrey's descendent part of golden lineage and a demigod
He is, all Tarnished are Godfrey's descendants and were banished with him
>>
>>686216269
>They are not literally brothers in arms sorry.
blood related*

Unless you think his entire army was just his descendants.
>>
>>686216337
hoarah was fuckin
>>
>>686216320
>>686216091
>>
>>686215848
>NTA
Hmm...
>>
>>686216269
They are kinfolk, so yes, they are literally blood related
>>
>>686216428
that's not how it was meant autist. Theyre called kinfolk because of their kinship, not blood relation.
Were all his warriors blood related? WTF? Do you use any logic?
>>
>>686216551
How the hell did Godfrey have any time to fight with all the truckin' and fuckin' he must have done?
>>
>>686216269
You somehow believe that Godfrey's kindfolk being called "warriors" goes somehow against them being related? Why didn't Marika banish the Crucible Knights? The Tarnished all have grace because they inherited it from Godfrey
>>
>>686212421
>It's not a bizarre interpretation. Or do you think he just forgives you the moment you succeed in the task of killing her? If Godwyn truly persisted, and was sentient at that, he wouldn't have just stopped.
He stops because you have the means to end immortality and his goals were met. He wants Fia to succeed. Thats it.
>This is pure fucking fanfiction. Delusional headcanon to the nth degree.
It’s not, it’s metaphysics that is basically universal in Eastern and Western Philosophy. The mind, body, and soul are three separate entities. Hence when you call someone “soulless”, you are saying something is missing in that person. But yes, I guess there isn’t anything that explicitly states this.
And you’re right, this falls apart if you truly assume Fia was a complete liar about everything, and that specific lien of dialogue they added was just to mislead the player. But I don’t think there’s enough evidence to write off that Godwyn’s husk as not being somewhat aware, which would imply his growth and spread is deliberate. I still don’t think it gives you the authority to know with all certainty you’re correct. And seriously, don’t be suprised if there’s a DLC where the Prince of Death is the main antagonist.
>>
>>686216790
Considering one crucible knight joins the serpents I think she DID banish them.
>>
>>686193867
His swords look like plastic to me. Like they're hollow and make a goofy "donk" when sound hitting something
>>
>>686216820
>The mind, body, and soul are three separate entities
That doesn't mean the mind can survive death. Only the soul can. But Godwyn's didn't.
>>
>>686216904
You are incredibly stupid, and Devonia canonically moved in the Lands of Shadow of her own will to search fhe origins of the Crucible
Fuck off already
>>
>>686216820
The mind is not, at any point in Elden Ring. Shown to be separate from the soul. There is no example of this anywhere.
>>
>>686217361
Godwyn is soulless but still sentient
>>
>>686216425
you are mentally ill
>>686216551
>that's not how it was meant
Yes it is, words have meaning, Kinfolk, Step-Demigod, Demigod,...
>>
>>686217307
He means tanith's knight
>>
File: ctyf4yi0zw191.jpg (157 KB, 849x883)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Godwyn was never coming back as Miquella's consort and anyone saying otherwise is deluded by their ship-induced headcanon. Radahn was always the guy in the statue and Redditors refused to believe this simply because Vaati said it was Godwyn.

If prime Godwyn actually comes back in a DLC or a sequel it's gonna be through time travel, dream world, painted world or something along those lines. The Scadutree Avatar theory would only confirms this since that's just his deformed body without a soul.
>>
>>686217427
>Godwyn is soulless but still sentient
You have nothing to back this up. All you can point to is Fia but she is unreliable as all hell.
>>
>>686217427
It's probably akin to a vegetative state.
>>
>>686217745
>Vaati said it was Godwyn
Holy fuck. Is that why this schizo shit blew up so much?
>>
File: 1648162142579.jpg (271 KB, 1500x1634)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>686215492
It's a dedicated troll. I have seen his writing style in other threads arguing for the complete opposite. He just says random shit to rile up people.
>>
File: godwyn g.jpg (262 KB, 1600x2000)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN GODWYN
>>
>>686217307
>he doesnt know about Tanith
My, my, not only are you stupid, but arrogant, as well?
>>
>>686217913
Vaati is to blame for a lot of bad theories being taken as fact. He relies too much of making big leaps of logic that aren't necessarily backed by games' content. This is not so bad for Souls games since those are more straightforward and less complicated, but Bloodborne and Elden Ring have big mysteries and ambiguities that cannot be easily resolved, so making assumptions is a massive issue there. I think he has improved tho, his latest theories focus more on information that's actually confirmed.
>>
>>686217745
fromdrone cope
>>
>>686217446
>who became demigod stepchildren after Radagon's union with Queen Marika.
YOU are mentally ill. There is literally no term such as "step-Demigod"

And kin, kinfolk, kinship often is used to talk about non-blood related relationships, people with strong personal bonds, like soldiers or part of a tribe.

The fact that Tarnished refers to his army, his warriors makes your idea that theyre blood related impossible. They were exiled together with Godfrey, thousands of them.
>>
>>686202783
>Because the Battle of Aonia was about Radahn breaking the vow
In retrospective it's kinda obvious that the battle between Malenia and Radahn was a reference to the fight between Griffith and Guts.

https://youtu.be/Dd4psO2l3tY?t=250
>>
>>686205083
He has more than one brother who is also a lord yes. Take your schizo boluses.
>>
File: 1539416599758.jpg (134 KB, 661x620)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>686218493
Okay tendie.
>>
>>686217764
>him defending her the second she gets attacked was just a coincidence dood
>>
>>686218752
>>him defending her
He didn't. It wasn't Godwyn.
>>
>>686218793
why do I even bother
>>
>>686219047
As stated >>686217764
>All you can point to is Fia but she is unreliable as all hell.
You claim that Godwyn defended Fia. But you only say that because Fia says
>"Godwyn... Is that you, dear?"
And for some reason you just take her at her word. It's like everything you say is all based on this one single line. And I have no idea why you give Fia the benefit of the doubt at all.
>>
>>686217207
Okay and that would be all well and good if we weren’t explicitly told that Godwyn’s death was a transaction between Ranni and himself, where one loses the body and one loses the soul. Godwyn’s body at the very least lives. Nothing is said about his mind. Is conscious a stretch? I’d certainly say yes but that little Fia Easter egg was clearly meant to at least get the player to ask some questions. I’d imagine his level of consciousness is similar to the hallowed in Dark Souls. Gwyn still has motivations, albeit limited and simple, he wants to protect the flame, so I wouldn’t say he’s completely “mindless”. Even if his capacity to reason is clearly debilitated.
>>
>>686219179
That other guy wasn’t me. But yeah, I think it’s really strange they’d just throw that line in there to fcuk with players and imply Godwyn is aware when he’s not. It’s possible they did that, but subtle hints like that are typcially honest rather than dishonest. You yourself point to plenty of minor details to substantiate that Radhan was always going to be the consort.
>>
>>686219570
I haven't mentioned Radahn a single time in this entire thread. I am not that guy.
>>
>>686217603
>>686218243
post sources
>>
>>686218585
Yes
>Radahn was amongst the children of Rennala and Radagon, who became demigod stepchildren after Radagon's union with Queen Marika.
Radahn isn't a real Demigod and can't become Elden Lord
>>
>>686217361
Admittedly, this is a bit of a stretch. But when Radhan inherits Mogh’s soulless body, he uses blood magic. How would this be possible if Radhan didnt absorb Mogh’s knowledge? When Alexander consumes the fallen warriors, he gains their abilities. This suggests that what we think of as the mind is somewhat separate from the soul, or at least linked to the body. In either case, this gives foundation for Godwyn to be sentient, some the body did not die.
>>
>>686220194
Well i don't want to fuel the argument but i believe only some of the Crucible Knights were banished, specifically those that can use Aspect of the Crucible: Breath, because that's an Erdtree incantation that makes fire, high heresy among the Golden Order.
>>
>>686217745
The hilarious part is that it has Radagon locks/hair and Godwyn doesn't have locks
>>
>>686220276
>not real
pretty sure he is real and nobody has taken away his demigod status
>cant become
nothing says you have to be demigod to be Elden Lord. Gideon ofnir was not a demigod, vyke wasnt a demigod
Godfrey himself wasnt a demigod

There is nothing anywhere in the lore that says some people can't be elden lords, practically anyone can be.
>>
>>686196338
The world is great. I liked that you had to explore a bit
>>
>>686220552
Redmanes use Fire
Fire Monks use Fire
There's absolutely no source that any Crucible Knight was ever banished, in fact, Crucible Knights kept serving the Golden Order in spite of its ambiguous origins. There's ZERO lore on Tanith Knight, so you just proved there's just a lot of headcanons you are just using. All Tarnished are Godfrey's descendants, and that's why they all got their grace back together like they lost it
>>686220620
His Demigod status is irrelevant, Morgott has the guidance of grace and could be a Lord, Radahn could never, which is why he lost. For Radahn to be an Elden Lord, he needs a body of someone who descends from Godfrey or Marika or either way received the Erdtree blessing
>Gideon ofnir was not a demigod,
You are a stupid faggot
> As a Tarnished who wishes to stand before the Elden Ring and become Elden Lord, I am accumulating knowledge. To be all-knowing. You now belong to a select group of fellows. As such, I ask that you remain constant.
- Sir Gideon Ofnir
>vyke wasnt a demigod
>Godfrey himself wasnt a demigod
Yes they were, and they all had the blessing of the Erdtree
>>
>>686220620
>There is nothing anywhere in the lore that says some people can't be elden lords,
Yes there is. The Eternal Cities were DESPERATE to create an imitation that could be Elden Lord. Without the guidance of grace you can't be an Elden Lord. All tarnished follow the guidance of grace, Vyke, Gideon, Godfrey are all Tarnished
>>
>>686221089
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Tanith's+Knight
>>686217939
I'm starting to think this guy is correct. You're just intentionally flinging shit around by now. Maybe not all the knight were banished, but a lot were. We see several ones attack you with fire attacks, despite the heresy. One is in Nokron, presumably because he wants to join Mohg. The other that I know of is Tanith's knight.
>>
>>686221402
Why the fuck did you post a wiki stats page? Where is the lore on Tanith's Knight?
>>
>>686221089
>Redmanes use Fire
But not Fire Incantations, they just use it to hold back the Rot
>Fire Monks use Fire
Because the Fell Flame seduces them. But they're not Erdtree incantations, and they pursued Adan to recover his stolen spell halfway across the world.
I haven't said anything about any other point.
>>
>>686221229
Godfrey became Elden Lord before he was tarnished, he wasnt even a demigod. There is no one in the story that somehow failed becoming elden lord due to grace or not being tarnished or related to godfrey or anything of the sort.
The only rules are those that Marika decides, but by default even a dog can be an elden lord
>>
File: 2simzusq7wf81.jpg (84 KB, 831x637)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>686221402
>You're just intentionally flinging shit around by now.
Says the retard posting an empty F*xtralife page
Don't get your hopes up, I (You)d far worse baits
>>
>>686221089
>You are a stupid faggot
>> As a Tarnished who wishes to stand before the Elden Ring and become Elden Lord, I am accumulating knowledge. To be all-knowing. You now belong to a select group of fellows. As such, I ask that you remain constant.
>- Sir Gideon Ofnir

nothing in what you quoted suggests he was a demigod, how do you keep owning yourself. He was a tarnished, and tarnished arent demigods by default whatsoever.

> body of someone who descends from Godfrey
>headcanon
>headcanon

kys
>>
>>686221497
You can't be serious. Inferring things about the setting from what enemies you fight where is one of the things that elden ring does very well. The best lore is the stuff that's NOT written down. Tanith having a crusible knight bodyguard because he was banished isn't farfetched at all.
>>
>>686221648
Thank you for conceding your argument.
>>
File: messmer_snake.jpg (766 KB, 3840x2160)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>686221582
>Because the Fell Flame seduces them.
No, they use it because they are guarding them
>But not Fire Incantations
Crucible aspects aren't. This talk is IRRELEVANT and the game specifically states that Crucible Knights served Godfrey and kept serving the Golden Order in spite of its image receiving scorn.
No, Marika didn't banish them, they aren't Tarnished, and they are nowhere mentioned to be banished anywhere.
This whole discussion started because some ESL retard can't accept kinfolk means blood related
>>
>>686221820
>My (unproven) headcanon about this specific character isn't far fetched and we should draw conclusions about all these different NPCs from it
lol
>>
>>686193867
I just beat this faggot last night on my 4th night of attempts and like 7 or so hours. Hardest boss I've ever beat in any video game.
>>
>>686222185
>completely fibbes his argument trying to tie radahn to fire heresy
>tries to continue as if he's not completely lost it.
>>
>>686222315
I guess the knight was just on vacation. It's fromsoft lore, it's not all thought through. There's a lot of cut content.
>>
>>686200428
>you're lying, at 50 vigor he would never one shot you, unless you're taking 15% more damage, of course
you understand this isn't a very good "gotcha" moment, right anon? If the bar for oneshotting at 50 vigor is literally 1 15% buff?
>>
File: Marika spear.jpg (42 KB, 576x702)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>686221739
>nothing in what you quoted suggests he was a demigod
Yes he does, he is a Tarnished, and all Tarnished are Demigods descendant of Godfrey
>>
>>686222676
Brothers in arms aren't literal brothers.
>>
File: aristocrat_enemy.jpg (86 KB, 702x461)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>686222451
I didn't try to tie shit. I reject your asspull and attempt at trying to gain an argument through your bullshit. You telling me, with zero source, that Crucible Knights all over the Lands Between that served Godfrey and the Golden Order were banished because some of them cab spit fire? Interesting, is pic related also a dangerous enemy of the Golden Order that Marima banishes it? I guess Boggart and the praws are also dangerous heretics because they cook with a fire!
Oh but Tanith's Knight is a recusant, that means... Marika totally banished him, nevermind Recusants forming after the Shattering.
Stupid faggot, kill yourself
>>
File: mjnhtyfse5r68ucf6766.jpg (892 KB, 1676x1312)
892 KB
892 KB JPG
>>
>Crucible Knights are tarnished!
>Calls anyone schizo
lol
>>
>>686222185
>Crucible aspects aren't.
Not ALL Crucible Aspects. There are only 2 incantations that deal Fire damage without belonging to Fire school. One is Placidusax's ruin (which, reasonably, nobody knows). The other is Aspect of the Crucible: Breath, which uses the same circle as the holiest incantations like Elden Stars, and is only used by 2 Crucible Knights: Tanith's, and the one in Farum fighting Beastmen. It proves to me that it's a forbidden spell whose users are banished to the fringes of society, unlike the other Crucible knights that are tolerated if not esteemed.
>>
>>686223317 (Me)
Addendum: both the Crucible Knights in Farum use Breath.
>>
File: Staircase of Enir-Ilim.jpg (3.77 MB, 2560x1440)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
>>686223317
Except the Crucible Knight there is fighting beastsmen,... FOR the Golden Order, against the Dragons and the beastsmen that instead fight for the Crucible Order and Placidusax.
Why would Marika "banish" him there, which is a battlefield stuck in time?
How come there's no lore about Crucibke Knights banishment?
If Godfrey's "kinfolk" is actually just their warrior how come Crucible Knights weren't in The Long March?
It's because all Tarnished are descendants of Godfrey and Godfrey was Elden Lord for a timespan that goes before defeating Dragons to right before Radagon left Rennala.
>>
>>686223952
Why would her fight the Beastmen for the Golden Order? They are allies as seen with Maliketh and Ancient Dragons are GO approved.
>>
Is the same godwynfag that took d's armor to mean that minds could create new souls?
>>
>>686193867
Yes, but I would say Giga Radahn is also fundamentally designed differently in that he's designed like an RPG super boss.
>>
>>686224114
No they aren't, Beastsmen are Crucible creatures and servants of the Dragons. The Two Fingers create beasts as Shadows of Empyreans, that's different
>>
>>686193867
FROMSLOPPERFARTERSHARTERS WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?????
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>686225364
Ancient Dragons are GO approved thanks to Godwyn.
>>
>>686207919
It's a fucking made-up story you idiot, just invent some bullshit to bring him back
>>
>>686225649
>just invent some bullshit to bring him back
But why?
They should rather bring back Renna. Or Radagon as they did. Or the Gloam Eyed Queen. Or Malenia's teacher. Why Godwyn?
>>
>>686223721
The crusible knight in nokron(the one you get to by teleporting from the 4 belfrys) can also use the fire incantation. You know, the one that stares at Mohgwyn's palace.
>>
>>686223952
I know it's George we are talking about here, but I don't think Godfrey fucked that much. There would be some love letters in the base game about it.
>>
>>686226001
I just think he's neat.
>>
File: kys.jpg (10 KB, 276x70)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>686193867
>"even at SL 200"

unironically this is something I have a lot of trouble understanding. Do people just hold off their runes for some reason? Just by exploring and facing all the bosses I was level 160-170 when I finished the main game, and more like 250-300 when I finished the DLC. I never went to farm XP or anything, I've always just explored and when I had enough rune items to get a level I'd use them. I can understand people not using mimic tears and summons (I don't either) but why restraining your leveling when the game gives you so much to XP with ? Serious question, I'm legit curious.

>my captcha
>>
>>686226174
Ah yes, i always ignore him because it's pointless to go there
>>
>686225598
(You)
>>
>>686226970
>but why restraining your leveling when the game gives you so much to XP with ?
Because I have to be level 150 to properly PVP! The PVP! The PVPfags told me to not level beyond 150! I'll have to do what the PVPfags say! PVP!
>>
>>686227291
What's wrong anon? It's the truth.
>>
>>686226970
I upgrade and duplicate more weapons and shields
>>
>>686227364
PvP's most active brackets are 175-200
The only people who say otherwise are reds who want more fodder to bully with their minmaxed one shot builds
>>
>>686204959
correct.
>>686205043
no literally everyones reaction was huh? hes alive?
>>
>>686228452
not him, but that's only your reaction if you didn't explore. Ansbach's sidequest is very easy to complete without a guide and fully prepare you for what's to come.
>>
>>686193867
>dried liver.
Stop drinking anon
>>
>>686203795
His headcanon is better than the lore of the game.
>>
>>686218605
Miyazaki really needs to read another manga, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>686214018
None of Miquella's cut content in the base game in any way resembles the slop we got in the DLC.
>>
>>686195552
>it's absolutely capeshit tier
What the fuck do you think ER is?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.