[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Concord.png (213 KB, 742x566)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
There is zero exaggeration or hyperbole in what I'm what I'm about to say.

A few years back, Sony shuttered Japan Studio, their oldest and most legendary internal game studio, born during the PS1 days. That worked on beloved classics such as The Legend of Dragoon, Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls.

Then Sony went on to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to acquire Firewalk Studios. Which just released Concord, a live service game that is evidently, dead on arrival.

I've got my head in my hands. Why is this happening? Who is responsible for making decisions such as these? Is PlayStation beyond saving at this point?
>>
File: 1724446757570398.webm (1.45 MB, 848x480)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB WEBM
>>686818743
normies want to see webm related in their games chud
>>
>>686818743
>Sony developers stop playing after being forced to
>Playerbase goes to zero
>>
>>686818743
>Why is this happening? Who is responsible for making decisions such as these?
Hulst, the Horizon guy and current head honcho of Sony. He's the one who urged them that Japan Studio was dead weight, he's the one who's pushing Horizon this hard, he's the one who said Concord would be the only thing that MIGHT be more important than Horizon. Guy is cancer to the brand in all the ways he could possibly be.
>Is PlayStation beyond saving at this point?
Depends on how fast they get rid of Hulst.
>>
Japan Studio's closure was premediated murder after Playstation moved to California, simple as.
>>
>>686818743
>The Legend of Dragoon, Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls
I think Fortnite made more money in the minute it takes for me to make this post than all those games made for Sony in their lifetimes put together.
>>
>>686818743
>hollow out the talent from Sony
>replace them with californians
>HOW COULD ZIS BE????
>>
>>686820027
>zoomie can't stop thinking about Fortnite

grim
>>
Ape Escape died for this
>>
>>686818743
>Why is this happening?
Same reason why big publishers were pumping billions of dollars into all of the WoW killers ten years ago.

>Who is responsible for making decisions such as these?
People who make more in a week than you'll make in your whole life.

They'll rebound. This was, believe it or not, still a calculated risk. It's nowhere NEAR enough of a loss to actually threaten PS brand.
>>
I don't think it's a coincidence that Snoy seems to deliberately ignore Bloodborne. It was one of the last games worked on by Japan Studio.
>>
The rest of the world needs to have a serious discussion about California
>>
>>686818743
Fags in California
>>
Maybe they can use the code in the game and put a SOCOM skin on top of it. Or maybe BlackRock will give them billions more for something gayer. Either way, I'm entertained.
>>
>>686820493
>>686820338
We have wanted them to separate for a long time now. I'm tired of seeing license plates from there in my state.
>>
>>686820338
What's there to discuss?
Seal California's border while deporting all of its diaspora back to it, then nuclear carpet bomb the entire state. The fallout would be less radioactive than the Californians themselves.
>>
>>686819921
Developer behind a worthless normie game is also a worthless studio head. Makes sense.
>>
>>686818743
They made another game for that mythical "modern audience" and that right there is the total size of the "modern audience".
>>
>>686819549
I'm so glad I stopped playing this piece of shit fag game
>>
>>686818743
It's not like you're going to buy Astrobot
>>
>>686820338
The Californian locusts are fleeing by the millions from the consequence of their voting. They're spreading their influence to states that don't suffer from their voting yet. Just like immigrants from shitty countries, they bring their shitty culture with them.
>>
>>686820338
Flyoverfags jealous of raw coastal power.
>>
>>686820118
>They'll rebound.
Financially sure. But what about creatively? When are we getting great games by PlayStation again like the ones mentioned in OP?
>>
>>686818743
You want the "truth"? Corporate asslickers trying to appeal to a market that does not exist.
You want the real truth? Individuals of Yiddish descent.
>>
>>686821127
>But what about creatively?
Lol.
Lmao, even.

In all seriousness, high-level business has not been conductive to creativity ever since Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo entered their backdoor agreement through ESA all the way back around 2007. If you see a game you genuinely enjoy and find creative born out of Gen7 or latter history: That has happened DESPITE the corporate policies. Talented people still can make good shit. It's just that the entire fucking greater business reality is not fucking helping them to do so in the slightest.
>>
>>686821120
california hasnt had “raw coastal power” since they tried to cancel hulk hogan (and failed)
>>
>>686818743
>game was 8 year in the works
>Someone at sony saw the game and thought it was amazing because they signed exclusivity in 2020
>someone at Sony loved the game's progress and thought it was going to be HUGE and bought the studio in 2023
>someone at Sony thought it was gonna be HUGE and got someone to make an animated short for amazon's new anthology tv show

Sounds like a failure on all levels to me.
>>
>>686818743
This video will explain it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlBjNmXvqIM
>>
>>686819549
hahahahahahahaha that's actually so fucking hilarious
>becomes literal fucking Transformer
like yeah but why even keep the wheelchair then lmao? God Siege is like the cancer that won't stop spreading
>>
>>686820027
And then Concord shat out and flushed down the toilet more money than it took to make all of those games. Oopsie!
>>
>>686818743
the answer is that sony was taken over by jews who want to use them to spread propaganda and then go bankrupt because it's a japanese company
>>
File: 1719292660709036.gif (1.19 MB, 346x330)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB GIF
>>686818743
>and most legendary internal game studio
>>
>>686818743
The fucking Dutch
>>
>>686822456
The suit-golems at the top must seriously be completely detached from reality.
>>
File: 1685565913727718.png (380 KB, 600x600)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>686820027
They're called Marquee titles retard. Actual successful companies like Nintendo understand that niche games sustain the core fanbase, drive marketing hype cycles, and maintain a strong brand image. Chasing dollar signs over every shareholder meme trend is the worst thing you can do for longterm business.
>>
File: 34357070_p0.jpg (138 KB, 900x900)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>686820118
>still a calculated risk.
Its calculated to at least make what it costs or half if its on a loss even
But a complete and utter lose?
No way
Even less with the custom controller made for this game, they actuslly believed it would be a hit. They went ball deeps with this and sn0y will get fucked for it
Not a total collapse but we'll see them laying off employees and closing departments
>>
>>686819921
You know I actually liked the first horizon game too. And the first nugow game. But both sequels were just even more long in the tooth cinematics wise. And just about everything bad about the first ones was amped up in the sequels ...
>>
>>686818743
DEI money from you know who
>>
>>686820118
Judging by what we have heard about the devs it wasn't very calculated.
They put all the pieces together and still hire wacko saboteurs to lead their shit because they are so desperate to appease Twitter trannies
>>
>>686820118
>still a calculated risk
Who calculated? Because damn, he's bad at math.
>>
>>686819549
The thing is that you could probably make a cool wheelchair character, but then just controlling a WALKING robot anyways throws the entire concept into the trashcan
>>
>>686819549
>buying ubislop
still can't believe there are enough retards out there keeping them alive
>>
>>686822456
>game was 8 year in the works
That is very much a marketing exaggeration.
>Someone at sony saw the game and thought it was amazing
Yeah, but apparently back then it was a very different game. Apparently by the time Sony exe's signed off on it, was supposed to be purely PvE with a suicide-squad like gimmick of all player characters being weird, ugly rejects that you aren't supposed to like, at least not initially.
>someone at Sony loved the game's progress and thought it was going to be HUGE
That someone also decided to go from PvE game about rejects to a genuine PvP focused game whose characters you are supposed to like.
That someone wasn't very smart.
>someone at Sony thought it was gonna be HUGE and got someone
Look, I'm not saying Sony isn't a bunch of colossal retards, but it's pretty obvious they did realize what an absolute shitshow they have on their hands a good few months ago, considering the actual build-up to the release and eventual marketing was barely existing.

I'm not joking when I said this shit was supposed to be some 30-40 million budget AA thing based on the amount of effort Sony put into actually advertising this shit.

They were cutting their loses long before the beta was even a thing.

>>686823048
>Its calculated to at least make what it costs or half if its on a loss even
It's calculated to make sure it's not going to break the company's back, or even get close to that.
Is it a failure? ABSOLUTELY. Will it probably make some heads roll and some business strategy overhauls? I fucking hope so.

>Not a total collapse but we'll see them laying off employees and closing departments
I mean, yeah. Layoffs (or at least relocations) are absolutely going to happen, and the brass is not going to be very happy overal.

It is a major fuck-up. It's just not the "oh my god end of the world game industry crashing Sony is done for!!!!" level of fuck-up.
More in line with "Arkane under Bethesda employment" level fuckup.
>>
>>686823262
From what I've heard (and I'll admit I'm piecing together very fragmented and very questionable info, rumor-tier shit so... you know, don't take me as an authority, just someone who finds it interesting and enjoys discussing it), it seems like more of frog soup scenario than anything.

Like: there actually may have been a... passable idea there at start, and what followed was a death by thousands of small adjustments each individually insignificant, but all adding up to one rancid amphibian broth. A typical scenario of corporate aversion to actual responsibility, where ultimately nobody knows who to blame because it was a 1000 suits each pitching their own fucking stupid small idea so that nobody could eventually be to blame.

I may be wrong, my sources aren't exactly verified and ultimately, as funny as I find this whole thing, I'm not personally vested, but I do get the impression that this wasn't some individual, or small group colossal failure or sabotage. Just garden variety stupidity happening on high corporate level.
>>
>>686824195
Feels like everyone just thought they were making the coolest shit but they were in such an echo chamber they didnt know that nobody in the real world liked it.
>>
>>686818743
The top investment companies like Blakcrock, Vanguard(that are both basically owned by the same (((people))) give those studios money if they meet their quotas. It's simple as that. The money is being paid by the federal reserve that they arbitrarily print in which the tax golem compensate in the united states of amerishart.
>>
>>686818743
>https://playstation-studios.fandom.com/wiki/Jim_Ryan
>In his free time, Ryan says he enjoys wine, televised sports and crime novels. He admires English football manager and former player Eddie Howe.
>google
>Jim is a qualified accountant and holds an MBA from the WBS.
Does this sound like someone who has his finger on the pulse of videogames to you?
>That's what consultants are for!
If you don't know anything about videogames, how are you supposed to tell the difference between a silver-tongued fraudster and a legitimate expert? You don't even know where to begin looking. You lack the intuition that only comes from years as a customer and industry craftsman.

What's even worse, when people like Jim start coming in, they start looking to hire other unqualified people so that they can disperse the blame for their ignorance. The end result is that no one is ever held accountable for anything. We need an ironclad cultural rule that you don't sit on the board or in a major executive role unless you're an expert in the industry. It's just common sense (which boomers lack, which is how things got this bad).
>>
File: who interview qui.jpg (74 KB, 1026x586)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>686818743
First day on 4chan, son?
>>
>>686824360
>Feels like everyone just thought they were making the coolest shit
Again, this is "speculation" tier shit, I can't exactly back this up with solid evidence, but I do get the impression that it's more of a case of wires getting crossed.

I think the idea of the characters being unlikable was the whole point at the start. Not because "look at woke and cool and inclusive were are!", but rather "look at these weird loser underdogs, how will they ever manage" logic.
I think you were actually supposed to feel pity for these guys, and root for them because they are such obvious, broken rejects.

People like underdog stories.
More than ever, in some ways.
I think there just was a point where one person said "They are so ugly, you can't help to find them endearing!", and then another person said "They are so ugly, and kids now admire everything that is ugly, so they will unironically love them!"

The lower impact people may have still though it's really cool to explore unlikable antihero characters, but the context has been shift and ironically lovable became shit you are supposed to love unironically because it's "brave" and "cool" and "modern".

That is my best take on what happened, at least.
>>
>>686818743
Sony folded Studio Japan because Guerilla's head honcho convinced Sony to close it. For some reason the guy has a lot of pull and hates Japanese games and unironically thinks Horizon is the peak of the medium and what gamers want.
>>
>>686824598
It's funny how enslaved the Amerimutts are. They literally fund agendas that are detriment to their well being by spending their tax money. They can also print as much as money as they want since they have a treendous amount of influence in the global market and they always bribe government and military officials worldwide with the power of the dollar. So as long as the dollar has any power they will keep doing this gay shit.
>>
>>686820118
>A calculated risk
This is quite possible the single worst generation for consoles in gaming history. The amount of games worth buying a console for can counted on one hand.
Ryan really though pivoting a brand that built itself entirely on 3rd party into a games as a service gas attention was going to pay off somehow.
>>
>>686819921
Christ, just when I thought we were safe from Jim Ryan’s idiotic spree
>>
>>686823017
Microsoft claimed to understand this and then closed the studio that made hi-fi rush a few days later
>>
>>686819549
>>686818743
So they live in a universe with aliens and robots but no one can fix her fucking legs? Do they even think this shit through?
>>
>>686826808
that's a siege character, not concord
>>
>>686819549
>make wheelchair character
>takes you out of the wheelchair via transferring you to a different character
bruh
>>
>>686824670
Samefag here.

On top of hiring people who don't know what they're doing, they also fire what the Boeing CEO called "asshole geniuses", AKA the actual craftsmen who care about creating a quality product and will confront the retards who are destroying the integrity of the company. They're not "team players". So basically, you wind up with the bold, upright, competent people being exiled from the industry while the people who are left are either cowards or have no idea what they're doing, and this remaining group is dispersing the blame between each other so that it's no one's fault when things inevitably fall apart.

It's not a mystery as to why all of this is happening. It's because our society has replaced their respect for industry craftsmen with a view that being a finance expert makes you an expert at all business ventures because they involve money. It's like something that a 12-year-old would come up with. But that's the boomers for you.
>>
>>686823338
first of all, no you cant. secondly a crippled retard has absolutely no place in any military shooter
>>
File: 1622692285196.png (37 KB, 594x675)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>686820338
>>
>>686826881
It doesn't really matter considering it's still fucking retarded
>>
>>686824670
>>686827075
Gotta say you’re onto something here. Suits don’t ‘get’ video games like we do and never will.

If I was Jim Ryan’s shoes, first thing I would have done when PS5 launched would have been to write Miyazaki/FROMSOFT a blank check and told them to do what they did for the PS5 exactly what they did for the PS3 (Demon’s Souls) and PS4 (Bloodborne).
>>
>>686827401
As a California native, I used to believe in the supremacy of California culture. The cities were beautiful and clean for the most part, and several major industries were knocking it out of the park. When you're in an environment like that, isn't it natural to laugh when some guy rolls up from his dusty town in his beat up pickup truck telling you that you don't understand how to run a society?

You don't have that anymore. The cities are now trash covered and collapsing under the weight of crime, the quality of the work that's coming out of California is abysmal, nobody can afford a house, and everything is in decline. And it might not recover, because California is one of the headquarters for backwards hiring processes, meaning that they won't hire people who can fix the problems and then hold the ship together going forward. What exactly causes you to believe that California is superior in 2024?
>>
>>686827405
it's siege, i think they have characters from the moon or something
>>
>>686818743
Lol "won't somebody think about the multi million dollar maegacorps"
>>
>>686818743
did it really hit zero? that can't be true, they have to have at least a few of their employees playing the game to make it look like someone cares
>>
>>686829565
Servers musta died
>>
File: ohno.png (41 KB, 561x176)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>686818743
no fuckin way the studio survives this, redfall was considered an unmitigated failure and killed its studio, this has 1/10th of the players, Redfall also lauched on GamePass...
>>
>>686819549
>turns into Optimus fucking Prime
AhahAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHahahahHAHhaHHhA
You can't make that shit up! It's 4am and I'm laughing my ass off. That was great.
>>
>>686823338
Wheelchair users don't just exist to look cool in your stupid videogames you fascist pig.
>>
>>686830168
i'm one of those 43 players btw
>>
>>686830898
Cringe but also based
>>
>>686818743
Jews
>>
File: 1624342151258.gif (3.67 MB, 232x198)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB GIF
>>686818743
>WHY..... JUST WHY?!?
>>
>be big corpo who doesn't have give a shit about videogames
>make billions
>crash company
>do layoffs and pretend to be sad
>everyone loses except me

What if we lined up all investors, suits, and corpos against a wall and shot them
>>
>>686833546
You forgot to add politicians who are the worst of them all since they can also be the other 3 simultaneously and make legislations to keep themselves in power.

All politicians must be hung from trees, their blood must be used to nurture the soil. There is literally no reason why an technocracy should not be the next big leap for humanity.

Kill the CCP
Kill the EU
Kill Vladimir Putin
Kill everyone in the white house.
>>
>>686834062
>not a single mention of israel
good goy
>>
File: 1524117300205.jpg (38 KB, 400x337)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>686830168
Hulst should be held responsible and fired immediately. The studio will instead be punished by being forced to make an anime girl shooter on a tight budget. An external character designer (Raita) will be brought in and the developers will have to follow his designs faithfully without being able to make any single change to the artist vision.
>>
>>686818743
>I've got my head in my hands. Why is this happening? Who is responsible for making decisions such as these?
Retarded boomers who never played a videogame once in their life and are probably senile but refuse to retire
>>
File: 1618546880857.png (2.81 MB, 2000x2000)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
>>686830898
>last remaining players are playing it ironically or to write a review
>>
>>686834151
I do not recognize their existence because a bunch of grifters are not a nation.
You stupid fucking gypsy.
>>
>>686823479
Redfall was on Zenimax. Bethesda actually tried to course correct by getting them to take out the MTX.
>>
File: SHUT IT DOWN.gif (162 KB, 644x356)
162 KB
162 KB GIF
>>686825134
>pic
so thats what this gif is about, I still don't get it though
>>
File: loh.gif (2.94 MB, 307x325)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB GIF
>>686819716
>>
>>686818743
You have to understand, entertainment industry execs are functionally retarded. They're basically a social experiment of social endogamy through nepotism, the psychological equivalent of the Habsburgs
>>
File: 1431116072363.png (84 KB, 299x288)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>686834223
>An external character designer (Raita) will be brought in and the developers will have to follow his designs faithfully without being able to make any single change to the artist vision.
wait a second

that's a good thing
>>
>>686819549
wheelchair balls
>>
>>686834674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_iBWkAB1g
>>
>>686819921
>he's the one who said Concord would be the only thing that MIGHT be more important than Horizon
That was a fake tweet, pagbro...
>>
>>686823338
sly cooper did it right
>>
>>686830168
One of the craziest things to me was realizing that Hyenas, a game Sega looked at after its beta weekend and said 'kill it,' was that Hyenas' beta had four times MORE players than Concord's, and Sony just said 'HIT THE GAS'

It's utterly baffling to me.
>>
>>686834674
It was an interview on some frog TV channel and the guy on the left was asking (basically) 'You're saying there's a group behind (something bad happening in France)?' and the guest said, I think indirectly, 'yeah, the Jews' and the guy on the left just lost his shit and started shaking, presumably a manifestation of the 'watch them recoil when you name them' meme
>>
File: tank girl.png (751 KB, 660x673)
751 KB
751 KB PNG
>>686825250
They are just copying Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad, the characters in those movies are underdogs but they are also cool and attractive. These is an implied punk attitude, but that's basically gone in Concord.
>>
>>686818743
QUI
>>
File: wait a sec that surname.png (1.08 MB, 1556x390)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>686824598
>>686825432
That's underestimating how a lot of these developers have drank the kool-aid themselves.
>>
>>686819549
kek'd would never add that to my game besides as a novelty vehicle used by a nondisabled person
>>
>>686819549
METAL GEAR?!?
>>
File: Steven_SMTIV.png (265 KB, 518x742)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>686827212
>>686830291
>>
>>686818743
Honestly Concord is pretty dang good, low player numbers are the only thing to criticize about it.
They will go up as more people realize how great it is.
>>
Do the devs of Concord not even play their own game? Are they the only ones playing? Them and journalists who got it for free?
>>
>>686838209
yeah, concord is being set up as a cult classic
>>
>>686838209
>>686838757
Both of you are going to be laid off soon.
>>
File: 1426140750591.jpg (30 KB, 203x345)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>686820937
>He thinks voting matters
>>
>>686825250
>being unlikable was the whole point at the start
Okay look I'm not ripping into you. But in the board rooms or on paper or in digital communications the things people say go on the record and I know schools don't force everyone to take this class but in some professions they get training on how to talk like professionals. It's not like lawyers talking in latin or mechanics talking about their tools, it's this universal form of diplomatic communication that anybody can use.

You're right that nobody would say ""look at woke and cool and inclusive were are!" but it's also true that nobody would say "look at these weird loser underdogs, how will they ever manage". Weird is an especially a bad word because it actually means "this offends me on a natural fundamental level", it never actually should be used in any serious communications unless you wish to inflict the highest form of condemnation. "Ironic" should also never be used because nobody knows what this word means, its literal and figurative use is so fucking unclear to the general population it is only going to cause confusion, the same is true of "terrorist" - anybody who uses this word is actually breaking a communications taboo.

When the gatekeepers to projects are usually fucking old people who don't know shit, language is important. When someone says "weird" you have to convince them otherwise because they have already panned your shit. And this is the vital and most important part - someone lied to these people, someone didn't use words like: ugly, ironic. They DID use words like: brave, cool, and modern but these are lies, we know they are lies. Obviously if the gatekeeper thinks this shit is actually brave, cool, or modern then it's just completely fucked because the "weird" safety net is completely gone.

Finally, the leqd character design dev. What word do you think comes to mind?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2B8m2CtCLU
>>
>>686838498
Sony forced other studios under their control to stream themselves playing the game.
>>
>>686818743
>A few years back, Sony shuttered Japan Studio
No they didn't. They made that robot game.
>>
No way it's fucking zero players already
>>
>>686835978
Creative Assembly has really redeemed themselves this year after how badly the 2nd half of last year went for them (Shadows Of Change DLC for WH3 being so bad even Warhammer paypigs balked, Pharaoh pre-selling with 3 DLCs for $90, and of course Hyena's looking..... probably not as bad as Concord but still bad). Since then they put out Thrones of Decay which was pretty awesome as a DLC and even the most recent minor patch was great, Pharaoh dropped it's price down to $40 and put out a massive FLC that roughly doubled the size of the game map, and of course they cancelled hyena's....
>>
>>686820117
thank you for posting an actually good ape escape game and not just the lolibait one
>>
File: tentacooooool.jpg (81 KB, 810x1120)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
I've spent the last few years mocking Sony for trying to pivot into live service shit way too late and I'm enjoying seeing myself validated. What a bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>686818743
See this as Sony getting their just punishment OP. And try to take at least some joy and solace in the fact that Jim Ryan is unemployed.

Hopefully Astro blows up and makes them look like even more out of touch faggots than they already do.
>>
>>686820118
there's no chance that the 'calculated risk' foresaw the possibility of a bomb to this magnitude because it's practically unprecedented to fuck up this hard without someone intentionally hanging a project out to dry
they bought an episode of the amazon prime show for this lol
>>
>>686818743
Shutting Japan Studio down was a political move, it was Sony cutting ties with the japanese game industry and making it clear that it would be an exclusively californian moviegame company from then on. By mercilessly shutting down the studio that made Sony what it was, and also what kept the Vita away from complete irrelevance, they made it clear that they didn't give a shit about games anymore, and they were instead focusing on infecting videogames with american bioleninism. They don't care that Concord failed, they'll just shit out more and more games like it, knowing that at least some will stick to the wall and will be used as anchor points to spread cultural degeneracy.
>>
>>686820338
The American Empire literally revolves culturally around California. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to adress. Cultural policies from California literally got Europe filled with millions of fighting age africans who are one missed government check away from forming cannibal bands and slaughtering europeans.
>>
File: kek.gif (1.4 MB, 245x320)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
>>686818743
>660 all-time peak
this big flop,lmaooooooooooooooo
>>
>>686819549
This really isn't that bad. Being a disabled person is probably fucking terrible. The least people could do is acknowledge their existence.
>>
>>686841468
no. bye!!!
>>
>>686841468
It's not about acknowledging their existence. It's about putting a fucking wheelchair bound person on the fucking front lines. Most places on this fucking planet aren't wheelchair accessible let alone a fucking warzone.

A person in a wheelchair shouldn't be within 20 miles anywhere near where a weapon is being fired. We put people with prosthetic limbs into the shit because they can still run, they are by most definitions not disabled. A person in a wheelchair can't fucking run, they are one stick-in-the-spokes away from being no more than a casualty.
>>
>>686842072
So games have to be realistic now? I thought /v/ always cries about realism not being fun?
>>
>>686818743
Look they bought a bunch of studio's to pump out live services during the pandemic they don't expect everyone of these to succeed if just one or 2 live services do as well It will make up the cost of all the others flopping since they are most likely not spending a lot of money on these and a good live service game makes money for years to come helldivers probably gave them enough money that they don't care if the rest don't do that well
>>
File: i like redfall.png (336 KB, 880x297)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>686834353
or maybe i just like the game despite its many flaws and because there hasn't been a new far cry game in 3 years

forgot image
>>
File: Cripple bm girl.png (73 KB, 240x240)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
It's easy to add a wheelchair to the game as long as you lean into it.
>>
>>686828024
He's onto something, but it doesn't matter. Until we as a society go back to respecting the professional, the skillful, and that which improves, there's no way anything in our society will improve at all.
Exaggeration. Of course pedantic idiots will come annoy this post for this phrase, but things are very different from how they used to be and you know it. Tell me the name of a single notable scientist, an actual technical person working on things, that you know from the top of your head and what they're working on, and then tell me how many more useless people you personally know and how much more attention they have.
There's no recognition or merit to things, we no longer celebrate humanity's achievements united like we did in the space era, we don't listen to experts and keep giving all the attention to charlatans. There's nothing that we look into the future of technology nowadays and hype for and say that we can't wait for anymore, because it's not as important as grifting people and pushing weirdo social agendas.
>>
>>686842303
You know what else isn't fun? A bunch of overgrown middle schoolers trying to use victimhood as a currency, and their stupid petty social games, delusions, and hypocritical ego-driven demands being pushed on the rest of us, to the point where their bullshit is starting to get the force of law behind it.

Sacrificing realism to make things more beautiful, cool, and interesting is good.
Sacrificing realism because realism offends a narcissistic bitch who views offense as a currency is bad.

It's not that complicated, and I don't buy that anyone with an IQ over 80 is actually confused about any of this.
>>
>>686842961
You got baited man. Guy is not sincere. You're right but you didn't have to answer him.
>>
>>686818743
Damn, what happened to have it spike to zero for a few minutes?
>>
File: 1722148951095533.jpg (185 KB, 1125x2097)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>686842854
My condolences toward your tongue, for it has certainly died and withered away. It's the only way to explain your ability to stomach such shit taste.
>>
>>686843053
I'm not hoping to sway his opinion, but any uninformed third parties (investors, students, etc.) who might wander into the thread for research purposes need to see the other side of the argument and also see that the community hates these snakes. And I might also help someone articulate their complaints so that they can use that articulation themselves later. Or sway people who are on the fence.

BTW, he's probably a shill or NPC, and his preferred outcome would be him and his peers having full control over every thread.
>>
>>686842854
I don't understand what you could possibly like about it.
Why not play vermintide2 or l4d2 if that's the genre you enjoy?
>>
>>686820027
chasing fortnite bucks is playing the lottery.
if you hit it big you can make TONS. but there are thousands of games every year and very very few of them win that lottery.
>>
>>686820338
California is America's faggy canada-sweden hybrid. Most homo state of all time
>>
>>686818743
Jews destroying the only thing white men have left. Look into who started gamergate and you will see the truth. Jews are evil.
>>
>>686843680
redfall isn't actually a coop horde shooter, it's far cry. if you like wandering around a map shooting mooks in the head and collecting guns and you like the art style (which i do), then you will probably enjoy redfall. the vampires are unironically the worst part of this game
>>
>>686818743
playstation has turned its back on japan to settle in commiefornia. there's no going back. it's all fubar now.
the only thing you can do now is pray that they pull a complete 180 and go back to making erotic and weird wacky jap games again.
>>
>>686844292
Then go play farcry then. At least those games have better AI.
>>
>>686844442
i have and i do, to death, hundreds of hours. redfall AI is not bad now anyway
>>
>>686837704
????? SMT isn't a shooter and Steven is in the games because of Stephen Hawking, not because he's on a wheelchair. Kill yourself namefagging retard.
>>
>>686844256
based.
>>
I have identified 2 years when games started to suddenly change to being almost all shit
2014 or 2016
>>
TOTAL

LEFTIST

DEATH
>>
>>686821120
All that raw coastal power and you can’t even keep your streets clean.
>>
>>686818743
I think it's a combination of what everyone has already said (SONY chasing live service goose, burger heads) plus the creative generation was basically done at that point, they went all out with Bloodborne and it shows their quality, but like every talented dev they've moved on and had to pass the torch to less creative generation, still it would've been better than any west fag shit, I don't have an uncle that works there but creative devs leaving is a contributor to a closure, maybe they didn't feel like the new gen was good enough and having west faggots in their ear about live service doesn't help
>>
>>686818743
Because Sony has more dollars than sense.
>>
>>686845013
It is literally jews ruining the last bastion of whiteness.
>>
>>686825432
All the west has been enslaved, anon.
>>
>>686842303
They should have attached two jet engines onto the wheelchair and let the characters zoom around but can fall off the chair if they collided with a wall or something, then they would have to slowly crawl back to their chair to zoom around again
also maybe tank control for novelty purpose
>>
>>686819549
>the fucking gear bags under his chair he can't possibly reach unassisted
Who three fuck designed this
>>
File: =3————=3.gif (2.79 MB, 320x240)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB GIF
>>686818743
>0 playing last hour
is this because of server outage?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (309 KB, 855x503)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>686837704
First of all, he's a noncombatant in all regards outside of one DLC encounter. He moves around pretty casually and offers cryptic information regarding the setting, and appears to the cast as some kind of potentially-divine entity, who then turns out to be something significantly more troubling. Standing up is ultimately not relevant when talking to some higher being with immeasurable power and knowledge. Second off: He isn't in the wheelchair when you fight him.
>>
>>686818743
Go woke
Go broke
Simple as
>>
>>686842949
> respecting the professional, the skillful, and that which improves
You can’t, that would be racist/sexiste/ableist. You will need a change of paradigm before that, good luck with that.
>>
>>686845185
Maybe, maybe it's the muslims this time, they have learned from master J and everything seems to lineup in their favor
>>
>>686835287
That was less hostile than I've been imagining it
>>
>>686842854
>100 hours
I didnt even hate the game, it just didnt have enough going on for me to keep playing
>>
>>686827075
>>686824670
The fun part is that this is happening in healthcare as well
>>
>>686847248
i'm trying to hit lv 40 with each character
>>
>>686844341
You think PS5 has any killer exclusives in the pipeline or is it just garbage live service games to look forward to till the end of this gen?
>>
>>686844701
Naah many of my favorites came out long after 2016. DMC5, Resident Evil remakes 2 and 4. Sekiro, Elden Ring, Armored Core VI etc. All of which I consider to be all-time greats.
>>
Sony was doomed the moment it left Japan.
Xbox was killed by the ratman.
Nintendo will weather the storm but come out weaker for it.
PC is immortal.
>>
more threads and faggots crying about this game than actual players. is it jealousy from Xbox shills because their little Mexican asses can't afford a gaming pc to play wukong they gotta spam shitposts from their 2 dollar phones their minimum wage mom bought them for their birthday
>>
>>686848695
>crying about
*laughing at
>>
>>686818743
"Early Life"
>>
>>686826808
Xhy sexually identifies as mobily impaired and is proud of it, xhy doesn't need "fixing", you fucking ablenormative chud
>>
>>686827075
>asshole geniuses
so this is what they call experts with standards who won't fold at management's empty threats?
>>
What really bothers me is that in a studio full of people, in a company full of people, nobody had the guts to say THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE, NOBODY WANTS A OVERWATCH CLONE THEMED AS GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY RIP-OFF WITH UGLY CALIFORNIANS ON CHEAP COSPLAYS AS HEROES

Just the fact Sony managed to group so many asslickers that there wasn't a single voice strong enough to stop this absolute garbage of a product from releasing, shows how much Sony is doomed.
>>
>>686849025
One day you will have to accept the realization that the concensus is rather immature and childish. The NPC meme is real but people misunderstand it. It's sort of like how different the lion at the zoo is compared to a wild one, except these people of course don't realize they're the ones trapped, enticed via promises of safety etc. This is why being truthful is "mean", because you're dealing with incomplete humans; children.
>>
>>686848695
I will stop making threads when you admit this is a worse flop than redfall
>>
File: proxy-image(20).jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>686819549
So this is the power of DEI dollars
>>
File: try5.jpg (34 KB, 239x232)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>686849890
>nobody had the guts to say THIS....

anon, they fire anyone with the guts willing to have criticism. It's not okay to offend people, you bigot.
>>
>>686849890
I'm under the impression that todays 20 something year olds never had the dream of kids in the 80's and 90's had about making a game. Making a game now is no different to retail work, it's just something you do for money, not because you're passionate about it. It also explains why we've been regressing in technical knowledge. If you are, you get that shit beaten out of you pretty fucking fast.
>>
>>686823017
Shuhei Yoshida said the same thing in a interview when someone asked why he was pushing for games that had no mass appeal like Gravity Rush or The Last Guardian instead of more traditional AAA games.
>>
>>686819921
Jack Tretton didn't even play video games but still seemed to understand Playstation's appeal and its audience way better than that dude. His brain has been completely eaten by the woke mind virus.
>>
>>686827051
so you can get the dei points for technically being in a wheelchair and have your cake too and not have to deal with how retarded it would be to have to play in a wheelchair lol. how would you even get though windows or over debris without it looking retarded?
>>
File: 1.png (1.31 MB, 1170x1448)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>686820338
All American media is centered around California, a place completely dominated by Kikes. Hollywood, porn, big tech, gaming, music... All owned by jews despite being only like 2% of the population. And all funding comes from New York, where jews completely dominate and control Wallstreet too. Shitskins still blame whites for all their problems though.
>>
>>686835978
>One of the craziest things to me was realizing that Hyenas, a game Sega looked at after its beta weekend and said 'kill it,' was that Hyenas' beta had four times MORE players than Concord's, and Sony just said 'HIT THE GAS'
Yes. It took balls from SEGA to take that seeming PR hit and cancel a game, but it was the right move if Concord is anything to go by since Hyenas was very much the same deal.
>>
>>686818743
It doesn't matter as long as sexist japanese get shut down and western studios thrive. We can always make up for the lack of sales with dei money.
>>
File: Laughing Cage.webm (3.98 MB, 1280x544)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB WEBM
>>686850973
>and western studios thrive. We can always make up for the lack of sales with dei money.
>>
>>686841468
Disabled people want to play a fantasy where they're not disabled. Not bring their disability with them. You think they'll have wheelchairs in heaven?
>>
>>686819549
If normies are 600 people, then ok.
>>
>>686820118
Something about Concord made Sony not just love it, but love it so much that they want to buy Firewalk before the game becomes the next big thing. This speaks volumes about what we should expect from their other GAAS games. If you think Concord is bad, just wait till see how much worse the other Sony games are.
>>
>>686841468
It should be enough you get ramps and preferred parking you selfish asshole
>>
>>686840428
>shotabait GOOD
>lolibait BAD
okay fag
>>
>>686818743
you could just, you know, read up on how entertainment/tech companies are run these days

no shortage of disgruntled ex-employees willing to elucidate
>>
>be 80 IQ Sony exec
>greenlight a Hyenas clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Jp4K02L1I
>>
>>686820338
the only thing to discuss is how many tons of ordinance are needed to ensure nothing ever grows again in that region
>>
>>686818743
Remember when we said boomers and jews ruined humanity's progress and gimped society to suffer stagnation for the past 30 or so years? Well it kinda isn't a conspiracy or an opinion and is literally us telling you this is exactly what is happening. There is no sense to it, these people were born in an extremely privileged era and money is all they know to the point of chasing it even when it makes them bankrupt. They also have never known failure, they've never struggled. They have such a large savings account so negative income doesn't matter and they're going to die within the next decade or two so don't give a shit either way.
>sir if you stop focusing on trends and make what people actually want they'll buy it
>TRENDS SELL
>but we've had flop after flop
>LISTEN, I KNOW HOW ECONOMICS WORKS, AND TRENDS SELL SELL SELL!
>>
>>686820338
American citizen here. I would have no problem if someone wants to nuke the fuck out of California.
>>
>>686819549
They think they are so progressive but I know TWO games where a disabled character is usable
>Jojo Vento Aureo for PS2 (Even on a wheelchair)
>JJBA ASB (On horseback or the floor)
>>
>>686820118
>>Who is responsible for making decisions such as these?
>People who make more in a week than you'll make in your whole life.

You are probably an American because only they cocksuck corporations so much despite the corporations destroying american workers and make living standards worse for the majority of the population. You are dumb like a simp but at least simps gets some fake positive comments from the e-girl before they take their money. American capitalists only take and destroy.

>>686820118
They'll rebound. This was, believe it or not, still a calculated risk. It's nowhere NEAR enough of a loss to actually threaten PS brand.

Any worker-make a mistake and lose 20 k dollars for the company - you are fired and blacklisted. Lose 200 millions of the company money - it was a calculated risk xD :) - now where is my 10 millions bonus ???

Yeah, they sure deserve their money because they are so smart. Fucking low IQ republican bootlicker.
>>
File: 1675420470503364.jpg (51 KB, 600x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>686823338
cool wheelchair characters can only exist as some sort of radio support type role for someone who can actually do cool things with working legs
otherwise someone who can't use their legs would need a full on spider-mecha type chair or just futuristic cyborg prosthetics
>>
>>686835978
sega was smart for that
>>686840410
Not redeemed, but got put in their fucking place. These devs have always been on their high horse, always thinking they are better than everyone else, they KNOW better than gamer. That failure was a FUCKING PUNCH to the face of the pompous devs.
>>
>>686822456
How is it possible someone could have looked at Concord's awful and sexless character designs during that process and not automatically know it'd fail? There must be a deep and genuine lack of taste among people in the industry
>>
File: 1639203376493.jpg (35 KB, 659x531)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
What's funny is that Sony has more of these failures lined up for release in the future.
>>
>>686828968
As a european who went to SF and LA a few times for work, then as part of a road trip through Sequoia, Yosemite, Tahoe, California is an incredibly beautiful place. Not many things can compare to watching a sunset from that big hill south-west of LA where the ultra rich live. Shame what you have done with the state though
>>
>>686844701
The moment western people started rebelling about the neoliberal progressive status quo, the jews started converting every facet of the media into their propaganda, including video games. It already was, but it was subtle enough to be considered common sense instead of deranged.
>>
>>686819549
This is the single most disingenuous thing ever. How pathetic of a gamdeveloper do you have to be to resort to this kind of stupidity to score some virtue points?
>>
File: 1724745642270.jpg (75 KB, 500x352)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>686820118
>>
>>686818743
>it died 3 days after release
This has to be some kind of record
>>
I have seen a lot of people saying gameplay reminds them of halo 3, is that true? Surely one of you bought the game just to shit on hit...
>>
File: file.png (1.52 MB, 1110x575)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>686819921
He just WRRRRRRRHHHH'd hundreds of millions of Sony dollars up his ass, I wonder how Sony can justify keeping him? It's clear that whatever the retard says they should do the opposite, and that should start with him saying "don't fire me."
>>
>>686823338
Back in wolfenstein the new order you kick ass in a wheelchair. But its only for one short part.
>>
>>686836471
my balls have the same haircut as the last guy
>>
>have full body robot tech
>character is in a wheelchair instead of a full on mech suit/exoskeleton
For what pvrpose.
>>
>>686819549
Sex with cripple girls
>>
>>686818743
This isn't real right?
>>
>>686818743
that's only steam numbers aka a bunch of turd world poorfags gaming on 1060s
hundred of thousands of concordaholics play on PS5
>>
>>686818743
>is PlayStation beyond saving at this point?
are you seriously now just realizing this?
>>
>>686859854
There is a huge difference between crawling into a wheelchair with a gun to escape a bad situation as Nazis overrun your base and putting a person in a wheelchair as a matter of "normal" military practice.

In order for the former situation to cross the line into the stupid fuckery of the latter, it would require BJ to spend the entire game in said wheelchair and continue murdering hundreds of Nazis without the use of his legs. And thank god that didn't happen. Thank god we had other more reasonable things to bitch about in that game than how stupid it would be if BJ spent the entire fucking game in a wheelchair.
>>
>>686861579
It is, but its back to normal, i guess that it was a patch
>>
>>686862393
It warms my heart to see the modern audience having so much fun together.
>>
>>686862393
>105
This really is the end of sony's international division, isn't it?
>>
>>686862543
They still has several GaaS in development, according to former Jim Ryan :^)
>>
File: image01.png (32 KB, 940x94)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
So close to double digits now
>>
File: 0_ZjYSm_q36J4KChdn.jpg (149 KB, 1485x1047)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>686862393
>back to normal
>105
>>
>>686862543
>>686862654
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Jp4K02L1I
Sony have their own Hyenas coming.
>>
>>686862393
>There's only ten matches going on at any one Time
Lol
>>
>>686862393
imagine the erping
>>
>>686818743
If Japan Studio is kill, who the fuck is making the new Astro Bot game?
>>
>>686819549
lmao this is so insulting, these guys think people in wheelchairs love being in wheelchairs and not being able to walk

wheelchairs fuck yeah ! These people are so fucking clueless. These are the types of people who talk to people in wheelchairs like they would to childrne btw, being very caring and not offensive etc. Retards gonna retard, its genetic
>>
File: 42432421231456.png (3.84 MB, 1944x1424)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB PNG
>>686818743
>0 players
that's about 0 too much
>>
File: lol.png (32 KB, 940x94)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>96 players
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>686820027
Yeah but that’s hitting the sacred cow tier luck they clearly try and fail again and again
>>
File: nsz123dusz081[1].png (423 KB, 1080x1029)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>686862925
>hulst right now
>>
File: FULL MAST.jpg (29 KB, 320x283)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>686863196
there it is
>>
>>686818743
You shouldn't be caring so much about the well being of some pozzed megacorpo.
Sony should be destroyed once and for all, just like Nintendo, just like Microsoft. Consoles shouldn't exist anymore.
>>
>>686835345
>CEO Herman Hulst wants Live service games to come day and date on PS5 and PC even after the helldivers 2 psn account debacle
>He's now running Bungie
>Days Gone 2 didn't happen as he was one of the higher ups who didn't like the game
>Pushed for Japan Studio's closure
Yeah the tweet is fake, but Herman is all in on Live Service
>>
>>686863196
>/v/ too retarded to know how a parabola works
In a few hours you will cope once the slop turns positive
>>
>>686863196
I can barely comprehend this failure. It's nearly at the point where there's 2 million dollars of investment for each of the remaining players.
>>
File: 1527286270545.png (220 KB, 227x414)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>686863293
>cope
Your post sure looks like cope to me, anon
>>
>>686863293
>slop instead of slope
This board really gives everyone brain damage
>>
>>686863097
i just think wheelchairs are fun to play around in. i dont really hate wheelchair bound people but honestly i also dont really care about you guys, and honestly ive just wanted a stephen hawkings pro wheelchair extreme sport ever since i tried the insurance fraud mode in dave mirras bmx pro back on the gamecube.

at my previous residence, i could just wheel straight from my computer desk to the fridge and get gaymen snacks without even standing up. shit was rad.
>>
>>686863276
Wtf is he retarded?
People loves open world zombieslop
Days gone 2 with online coop would make more money than whatever GaaSlop in the current Sony pipeline
>>
>>686863415
honestly if they made an ironic wheelchair racing game gamecube style everyone would love it but instead its this retarded non ironic shit
>>
File: Fortnite.jpg (334 KB, 1200x1600)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>686820027
Alright I'm gonna go up to bat. Fortnite is actually the BEST bang for your buck game out there right now. All the gameplay elements are free for all players, and skins and cosmetics do not give you an advantage or hide gameplay behind a paywall. And if you want to get the battle pass, it costs less than $10.
>>
>>686863671
>Fortnite is actually the BEST bang for your buck game out there right now.
any free game is the best bang for your buck its fucking free

but time isnt free so no thanks
>>
so if like, 30 of us, bought a copy right now and just started spamming nazi stuff, could we unironically get concord labelled a pro-far right game? or pro-left, or whatever? i dont really get what the big deal is, im just thinking about the low player count. just 40 people working together, and you could unironically write an article saying "concord player base are 50% (insert group thats horrible for pr here )"
>>
>>686863737
they would just ban you
>>
File: 1702680281067391.gif (3.03 MB, 600x338)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB GIF
>>686818743
because making video games is a job and not a passion for these devs.
even if they wanted to, there are so many cooks in the kitchen from top to bottom on a studio team that individuality and motivation to progress the company ladder is a fleeting dream.
everyone on the team is fodder and that mentality comes across their AAA games.
in the west, it's a hugbox of economic safetynets of devs trying to find financial security in the most volatile and riskiest industry possible.
>ubisoft taking advantage of quebec, rest assured they can keep pumping out failures and generate hate as the sole clown and punching bag in the industry
>Sony America in general
in Japan, it's a revolving door once your team realizes they're insignificant or where incestous values to keep only the old guard and their successors afloat.
>pokemon/gamefreak openly lacking the seal of quality they're known for a decade ago
>KojiPro circlejerking Kojima's movie antics
both sides are guilty for different sins but they're all on board in making video games more about them than for the customer
>why not just go indie
you can meet middling success and sell off your franchise to a publisher like Risk of Rain did but who has heard of HotPoo since then?
what are the chances you could be the next undertale/fnaf dev? very little.
Silksong is absent for a long time now, Darkest Dungeon 2 is a fundamental mess, and your average dev is probably more fixated on making his mod pack for New Vegas than actually working on their "dream child."

on the otherhand, being a spiteful gamer is probably the best time to be alive right now.
emulation scene is really decent at giving everyone a chance at older gems and people are buying games for pennies with the key market or discounted sales where devs care more about exposure than making a buck.
>>
>>686846141
Muslims are the ones funding SNK though.
>>
>>686863737
Stop trying to quadruple this shit's game sales you faggot
Also, it's a 2024 multiplayer game, you probably can't even say a word to get your money stolen
>>
>>686819716
We have 100real player. You better not log out until they do.
>>
>>686841468
I would be happy if my tax dollars went towards a catering service that kept the disabled in their homes at all times. They are a nuisance to everyone they come across and think that they're entitled to good treatment just because they're literally inferior and broken human beings.
>>
>>686863490
They already had tlou as their zombie game, why have another one? Yes, they're that stupid.
>>
>>686840428
>ape escape
>good
as long as you're not talking about the gameplay
>>
>>686863358
It's already rising cope-kun because steam charts are a parabola
Learn basic algebra noglord
>>
>>686818743
uh cuz u faggots didnt buy giant bird game?
>>
>>686864294
fuck your shit opinion
>>
>>686826808
the funny thing is that one of the operators actually has a neuropathy that would make her unable to walk. But she uses nanobots to fix it
>>
>>686863415
I have a vivid memory of playing a tony hawk game doing tricks in a wheelchair. Or maybe I dreamed it.
>>
>>686818743
uh cuz you faggots didn't buy gravity bitch game?
>>
>>686818743
>hero shooter

what is this, 2010?
>>
>>686863848
sure. the article still writes itself
>concord just banned 50% of its player base!
>turns out, most of concord players are nazis, uh

>>686863979
sounds like the game flopped anyways, amigo. but right now is the chance to make every videogame journalism website report on the curious case of concord banning 60% of its active players, all named variations of "jefferyepstiendidntkillhimself"
>>
>>686818743
uh cuz you faggots didn't buy climb a giant asshole game?
>>
>>686818743
uh cuz you faggots didn't buy hold my hand little girly game?
>>
>>686864447
Good.
>>
>>686818743
Sony has been a retarded company living off Japanese government subsidies for decades now.
Their videogame division is clearly rotten but they also have no real competitor in the playstation space (microsoft is extremely adept at shooting itself in the foot and nintendo does their own thing).
>>
Hero fps live and die by their characters, look away from the diversity angle for a second and you will see that they are just stiff and boring, both in design and chosen style and technology (stiff slow animations, measured realistic expressions etc.). It is indeed a case where the monetization angle came first and they built a game around it. Even without diversity being a stifling factor it would have still been just as bland and uninspired.

>>686819549
wait it looks like the robot is a drone and not the guy transforming, no? Drone operators definitely may come in all shapes and sizes.
>>
File: 1660644583527664.png (2.61 MB, 1920x1023)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>686834674
>>
>>686819549
you can tell instantly that this game was made by absolute retards for other retards
>>
>>686849890
as a guy who would say things like this (within my field obv), I was pushed out when management changed and the new boss didn't like common sense encroaching on his schemes
just the way she goes, anon.
>>
File: 2view.jpg (125 KB, 1447x845)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
Concord is now a 2 view vtuber. Joining Nijisanji when?
>>
>>686864715
business wise it makes sense. why would they try harder if they still sell? long term its shit though because they might not be able to rebound when competition will show up. luckily for them america is full of faggots and xbox is fucking deader than dead. the only threat would be PC, which they aknowledge with a cheap online store to mimick steam
>>
>>686863671
My time isn't free you retard.
Buying Battle Pass and get nothing until you waste 40 hours into it just to earn the privilege of doing it again is the definition of KEKolding.
>>
File: file.png (4 KB, 231x96)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>686864846
>This game released 3 days ago btw
>>
>>686864846
>200 million united states dollars for this
>>
>>686862393
>8 years in development (apparently)
>Struggling to keep triple digits player base (on PC)

That's gonna be a yikes from me dawg. With a pinch of oof for good measure.
>>
File: Stephen.jpg (29 KB, 349x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>686841468
pic related was a character since 1992. Sony is just lame
>>
>>686820937
Talk about cognitive dissonance
>>
>>686822456
I bet it was that one guy KNOWING it would fail, to further prop up HIS game, Horizon
>>
>>686863343
Top kek
Each player has cost them 2 million dollars
>>
>>686818743
Why do you keep fucking talking about it?
Just let it fucking die and be forgotten.
>>
>>686864529
>amigo
>pro-nazi stuff
>jeffreyepsteindidntkillhimself
Kek. Not buying your game
>>
>>686818743
>Why is this happening?
Jews
Jews
Yes, because of jews
You can't have good things anymore goyim
>>
File: 1717916903436903.webm (3.85 MB, 912x648)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
>>686819549
Look at this and tell me you can't notice how at some point they completely changed character designers and made the game look like apex legends rejects.
>>
>>686835978
Sonys too arrogant to admit a mistake. 'Too big to fail' mindset and not realizing Hell Divers was pure luck, the look at HD and look at Concord and can't see a difference
>>
>>686819549
Sad because i've always thought this game looked fun as fuck and never got to play it.
>>
>>686825250
No bigger underdog right now than White people in a jewish fashioned world
>>
>>686842854
This guys a absolute sadist and I love it
>>
>>686847248
I would actually play it if it had more of a creepy atmosphere for a single player, but since its live service slop they went with a Fortnite aesthetic (the worse aesthetic if you remove all the girls with big butts)
>>
>>686866636
Caveira my beloved far right crimes against humanity wife...
>>
File: 1700686387413307.png (251 KB, 550x309)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
Why don't people want to play as this?
The worst part is that it's not even because he's a brown fat fuck. Look at fucking Roadhog, there are even some women that want to get fucked by him.
>>
>>686840428
Anon it's the same game, people just forgot about the male mc.
>>
>>686841468
It's insulting.
>fictional world
>medical advancements with technology or magic
>we care so much about disabled people that we aren't going to fix you, you're going to stay disabled
Bro.... if you were disabled in real life, would you really want to be disabled in games too? Being disabled is not a good thing.
>>
File: Screenshot (1844).png (35 KB, 129x144)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>686866636
>>
>>686818743
Releasing this on Steam was a bad idea. They could have said that Concord has 7M players on the PS5, there's no way to track that.
>>
>>686867006
you mean masochist and no, it's actually quite pleasant. it's a LOT better than starfield, for example, which other people have put a ton of hours into as well
>>
>>686818743
We lived through the greatest flop in video game history. Enjoy it lads
>>
File: trb.webm (1.74 MB, 1280x720)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB WEBM
>>686818743
You really should mention Japan Studio supported many small Japanese studios for making games and primarily responsible for fostering the relationship between Sony and Japanese 3rd parties by publishing and localising a bunch of small, niche titles from Devs that couldn't do it themselves, including bringing those games to the Chinese and Korean markets. They're a big reason so many weeb games were never on Xbox until Phil had to go for a few meetings.

They threw so much 3rd party support away.
>>
>>686867357
I seriously wonder what the design team were saying when conceptualising this guy
>he's Puerto Rican
>but he's fat / obese / overweight
>but you also can't really tell its a he, could be mistaken for a woman
>but he definitely identifies as a man
How did no one interrupt this, like hol' up
>>
>>686823017
>Nintendo
>Niche games
My dude they are Disney (Japan)
They are anything but niche.
>>
>>686868146
Starfield at least has the ship designer. I've seen streamers spend more time in that than the actual game. Glad you're playing games instead of only being mad about them.
>>
>>686827212
>first of all, no you cant
You can. A villain who uses a wheelchair to look less threatening could work in almost all settings.
>>
File: 1718635136922098.jpg (47 KB, 405x270)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>686824598
>The top investment companies like Blakcrock, Vanguard(that are both basically owned by the same (((people))) give those studios money if they meet their quotas.
>>
>>686823051
Yeah same with Spider-Man 2. Sony sequels always have slightly better gameplay but much worse writing.
>>
>3 billion for bungie
>300m for marathon
>300m for concord
>300m for fairgame$

jim ryan caused a 4b loss and just got a golden handshake and peaced out
>>
>>686866758
Isn’t Helldivers 2 actually a fun game though?
>>
File: Charles_Xavier.jpg (102 KB, 360x480)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
There's no inherent problem with having a character in a wheelchair. As usual, the problem is with WHY and HOW they do it.

You shouldn't celebrate being in a fucking wheelchair. The reason why people respect someone in a wheelchair who's fit, productive, and has a good attitude is because it's a major impediment. You should want to be your strongest possible self, and that means that you should aim to walk again someday if at all possible, and it also means that you shouldn't really consider the wheelchair to be a dominant part of your identity. The moment that you start using your wheelchair as leverage to manipulate the people around you into giving you privileged treatment (promotions, parasitical grifter money, support for your narcissistic behavior, etc.), society's sympathy for you should run dry. And if you start trying to encourage people to disable themselves so that they can partake in your petty progressive stack horseshit, you're scum, whether you're in a wheelchair or not.
>>
>>686834223
Hulst will get a performance bonus and huge stock options plus a yacht go fuck yourself faggot. Everyone on the top thinks like him and Jim Ryan, they're winners.
>>
>>686870784
History isn't going to remember them that way. They're going to be remembered as a bunch of fraudster parasites who took advantage of boomerism to look their industries. When people hear about aristocrats who were all about impressing each other with parties and shallow displays of virtue while their countries were suffering hard times, how much respect does that inspire? Exactly.

Since these people are all about their legacies and their prestige, they should go to bed thinking about that.
>>
File: 1710277558026954.jpg (78 KB, 671x564)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
The real question is who seriously gonna be blamed for this?

You could argue that DEI money and blackrock FED money printer.

But the reality is that a lot of investors are gonna be pissed when their money has 50 players.
>>
>>686865181
>Stephen stands up from his wheelchair and becomes the hardest boss in the game

Based
>>
>>686855097
That's were the niggs are at. Far west, and far eastern la are the affluent areas
>>
>>686818743
Online leftists that infiltrated every games company and convinced them there was a secret online market of mentally addled diverse troons just waiting to buy their games if ONLY they'd turn every character design into the boring uninspired plaid covered lesbians from their YA comic book that sold 10 copies.
See this.
See saints row.
See Forespoken
See The Last of Us part 2
See horizon
See Dad of war we wuz Norse Gods and shit edition
See Mortal Kombat redesigns
See redfall
>We want the gay millennial audience
Media companies, not just games, are learning that these terminally online retards don't actually buy anything or watch anything. Maybe it wasn't worth gutting beloved franchises to cater to them. Too late now though.
See star wars and marvel
>>
>>686871840
maybe they shouldnt invest in retarded woke shite
>>
>>686819549
Until they don't buy anything
>>
>>686818743
It's not about making money.
Sony wants to turn the page on making bigoted, hurtful games. Concord was a big step in the right direction. They're not going to stop; we're not going back.
>>
>>686868490
My dude they regularly fund literal who games like that Emio game.
>>
>>686820118
Wrong. Willing to bet that the live service meme was a "big bet" for all of these companies. Literally staking their future on the success of a single initiative. They're too deep in now to turn around. Companies aren't run by brilliant people playing 4D chess. It's D students that know how to work together.
>>
File: 1707276327818750.png (597 KB, 746x2634)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>>686836471
today I will remind them
>>
>>686872453
He's right. It's an open secret that white people have programs called "affirmative action" which give themselves jobs and opportunities even if they don't meet the normal requirements.
>>
>>686824195
>rancid amphibian broth
Nice, anon
>>
>>686872261
I know this is bait but
>choice is between games industry stops existing, or games industry is chud-core
>the people who make games choose death
You aren't winning anything.
>>
>>686822456
These people don't play video games you know. They measure success in kpi. Key performance indicator. For them it's likely diverse cast, live service mechanics, visual fidelity. On paper it has everything they need and so it prints money.
>>
>>686850092
I mean that is how corporate culture works. Sticking your neck out just means you get fired, better to keep your head down and collect the paycheck while lining up a new job for when the game actually launches.
>>
>>686862543
They just need to buy more studios anon. Trust the plan.
>>
>>686873036
I always found funny that that is the literal oposite of FOSS culture.

In FOSS culture, some random autist, spending a year optimizing 10% the codebase is praised like a heroe.

In windows, he will be fire for being a nuisance.
>>
>>686819549
took me a minute to realize this is siege
what the fuck
>>
>>686868456
Because it's a lousy ass design. Something that really smells with these people is that they always pile up every single "quirky" feature they can think into the same character. So this guy has to be fat because fat acceptance, he's also puerto rican because he has to be brown and he also has to be sort of androgynous. And all these things have to be extremely front and center, he isn't a guy that happens to be fat, no, he needs to be posed in a way his fatness is the first and most apparent thing about him, without it really being connected to anything else.
Another thing I also hate is how everything looks extremely realistic but has these super vibrant colours that just look awful when mixed with the realistic art style.

It's so shit. Like I hate Blizzard but look at how much better every single design in OW is.
>>
>>686863505
That sounds awesome
>>
>>686872141
>saints row
i forgot about that. goddamn what a trainwreck.
>>
>>686869949
https://www.investopedia.com/company-esg-score-7480372#:~:text=Environmental%2C%20social%2C%20and%20governance%20(,more%20than%2070%20considered%20good.

https://www.blackrock.com/us/financial-professionals/tools/esg-360-methodology#:~:text=The%20portfolio%20ESG%20Quality%20Score,funds%20%26%20stocks%20within%20the%20portfolio.

https://unherd.com/2023/03/blackrocks-tyrannical-esg-agenda/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.