[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The now disgraced director of the horrendous and widely-detested title "Dragons Dogma 2", Hideaki Itsuno, has officially been relieved of his position at Capcom. Does this mean a positive future for games from this studio? Will we see less monumental disasters releasing due to untalented directors?
>>
File: ETHAN.png (1.27 MB, 1068x1120)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
Based! Good riddance! Hope he gets hit by a bus!
>>
he was going to retire before all of this but capcom offered to let him make DMC5 and DD2, anon
>>
>>687401442
Itsunover...
>>
>>687401442
he left of his own accord
>>
>>687401442
would've been nice to see him stick around and unfuck DD2 but maybe it's best to just let it die in peace
>>
File: Itsunover.png (127 KB, 373x306)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>687401442
HELL YES! PRAYING THAT HE ENDS UP HOMELESS AND FORCED TO LIVE ON THE STREETS LIKE THE BUM HE IS!
>>
>>687401586
>Japanese business
>Someone high up on the ladder just up and leaving
Totally happens daily.

>CEO: This new Monster Hunter is broken, inconsistent, and barely playable
>Hideaki Itsuno: My signature!
>>
>>687401493
This. He was engaging in corporate espionage; attempting to bankrupt Capcom with continuous incompetence and scamming their fanbase with fraudulently advertised games.
>>
>>687401695
Not exactly unheard of if they're being pushed to an administrative position due to seniority and they'd rather keep working on what they're passionate for
Besides, do you really think they'd fire the man responsible for one of their most succesful games in their recent history because their newest release wasn't as big of a blockbuster?
>>
>>687401695
Itsuno had been wanting to leave for years.
>>
DD2sisters.... I think its over
>>
>>687401513
Underrated comment
>>
>>687401865
they'll never stop coping, anon.
>>
>>687401853
>newest release wasn't as big of a blockbuster?
Yes
>>
He got paid to transfer to Square Enix. He and the other dmc dude will be the combat devs for FF17 helmed by CBU3
>>
WHATTTTT I'VE DOOOOOOOONNNEEEE

ERASE MYSELF
>>
I remember reading that Capcom planned DD1 to be their answer to Skyrim. Obviously that's a huge letdown from what they expected. To give the series another chance more than a decade later, they had to have similar expectations this time around. Some series just aren't destined to pop.
>>
>>687401586
They always do lol.
>>
>>687402227
I feel like both DDs could have been big if they just had more going on
For instance, dark arisen should have been in the base game
>>
I wonder how many posts in this thread are from the same IP
>>
>>687402227
kek. imagine how dissapointed they were when they released what a hack Shitsuno was. If they had REmake quality on it, it would have been a smashing success.
>>
>>687402227
They told share holders it exceeded expectations, ie the only people they CANT lie to. Which of course means they expected it to completely fucking bomb
>>
>>687401442
>widely-detested title "Dragons Dogma 2"
You absolute muppet
>>
>>687402227
The problem comes from trying to COPY mechanics without understanding them. Like Kamiya kept saying when he made RE .5, he had no direction or vision, just copying Mikami’s RE1. Inquisition did the same thing, “the Skyrim of Dragon Age” and it was pure fucking garbage. DD’s team just adopted their previous games’ mechanics and tried to incorporate something they had no fucking clue how to incorporate.
>>
josh strife hayes killed this man with disinfo
>>
When is he going to commit sudoku?
>>
>>687401442
AHAHAHAHA
GO WOKE GO BROKE
GO WOKE GO BROKE
HE MADE DD2 WOKE AND NOW HE IS BROKE
WHAT'S WRONG DD TRANNIES?
YWNBAW
YWNBAW
YWNBAW
>>
>>687402052
>CBU3
Surely they’re relegated to XIV forever after the disaster that is 16 right?
>>
>>687402332
they released it right when the first fiscal quarter of the year was starting, they shit that thing out the door ASAP so whatever sales it could scrounge up would look good in shareholder reports
the whole mess with the vocation color coding making no sense (trickster being colored as a hybrid for two colors with no corresponding basic vocations for them) and there not being an advanced one for each basic vocation REEKS of cut content
>>
>>687402286
Content and gameplay aside, always blame DD's inability to become big on the visual artstyle. It looks like just another generic Medieval fantasy game with so-so "realistic" graphics.
>>
>>687402369
>muppet
back to plebbit thanks, troony!
>>
>>687402332
>you can't lie to your investors
Ubisoft did that just fine.
>>
Now entering month 5 of discord post-release gayops
Completely mindbroken by one (1) game
>>
DD2troons officially lost. There's no way to cope with this one
>>
DD TRANNIES WILL NEVER HAVE DD2 EXPANSION LIKE THEY WILL NEVER BE A WOMEN
>>
>>687401497
>he was going to retire
then why is he saying he's going to continue making games now outside capcom
>>
File: 1402636658633.jpg (29 KB, 500x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>DD2 Dark Arisen never ever now
>>
>>687402830
Itsuno had nothing to do with Dark Arisen though
>>
>>687402830
Itsuno didn't make Dark Arisen
Kinoshita made DA and DDO
>>
As a massive DD1 fan I'm happy about this. DD2 was objectively a bad sequel and itsubo really dropped the ball.
>>
>>687402769
>>687402830
Itsuno didn't make DA. This is unironically the best thing possible for a DLC, if one is ever coming at all lol.
>>
>>687402769
hello, nintendo of india sir
>>
DD2 is weird because it feels good and bad at the same time
both DD games felt awkward because of how their main questline works and both feel like shit to play once you get past like level 60, despite the fact that levels scale you up to 200.
i think the change to making classes balance out by 200 is a good thing on one hand, but still makes it feel awkward to change outside of your discipline group. not to mention warfarer was just straight up bad.
really i don't know how to feel about dd2 from a gameplay standpoint, nor can i really bash the performance side either when MH on pc has always performed like complete shit as well, a problem by capcom itself no doubt. In the end, DD2 feels hollow compared to DD1.
>>
>>687402227
I strongly doubt that based upon the timeline where DD1 released May 2012, with Skyrim being released 5 months earlier.
>>
>>687401586
Anon, you must be actually close to 18 if you seriously think that.
>>
>Secondaries not realizing what's going to happen
Kinoshita is going to turn Dragon's Dogma into Vindictus or Final Fantasy 14. We'll be getting anime crossovers, and battle passes, and daily login bonuses.
>>
I wish Larian had made Dragon's Dogma 2, I can't stop playing the kino that is Baldur's Gate 3.
>>
>>687403061
just say it's sovless

the main quest is beyond fucking phoned in, they didn't even try. why is the cat bitch on the cover of the game yet has zero presence in the game? fucking retarded slop.
>>
>>687401442
HAHAHAHAHAHA YES YES GET FUCK DDFAGS WE WON HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>687401442
Yeah, Capcom is hiring me in his place.
>>
>>687402830
the Dark Arisen guy is still credited for DD2. He might take over the development if Capcom doesn't abandon the game
>>
>>687403106
>>687402240
He literally has a new project he starts in September. He has been talking for long that he wanted to do DMCV and DD2 and be done with Crapcom before.
>>
>>687402895
He better shita out some kino fast then
>>
>>687403169
>just say it's sovless
It's the opposite of that, though.
You're just a shithead.
>>
>>687402881
>>687402895
>Itsuno had nothing to do with Dark Arisen though
That's why it was shit.

Yes i SO MUCH YEARN for retarded niggery repetitive corridors i have to run twice through and an absolutely fucking GARBAGE gacha loot system.
>>
>>687403289
retard
>>
>>687403169
i guess in a way it kinda is, but the main quest is just as simplistic as it was in DD1, you can literally ignore both of them after you realize what you have to do to get to the dragon
>>
File: 45763473465.jpg (382 KB, 2544x4000)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>687402332
>they CANT lie
>>
>>687403120
>nioh loot
>cosmetics
i'd play it
>>
>>687402410
Inquisition was a critical and commercial success, even winning GOTY (albeit without much competition). DD's issue wasn't copying mechanics, it was that it had nothing to show for it.
>>
>>687403275
He won't. All the shit that people give him credit for was in the base game of DD. He just made corridor arenas that you ran through and put in a gacha system for armor. He even stripped away most of the fun in the combat system by getting rid of all the funny dynamic shit that could happen because you just went into arena after arena and fought packs until you finally got to a boss.
>>
File: 1673990269814552.jpg (51 KB, 600x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Capcom knew they fucked up giving Itsuno full creative control on DD2, he brought back a bunch of the jank and weirdness of vanilla DD1, Kinoshita is currently cleaning up Itsuno's weird indie AAA game. Itsuno was offered DMC6 since DMC5 was a big success and actually sold well, he declined because he felt done with the franchise.
>>
>>687403651
>arenas separated by hallways
>removed all the soul out of combat
>gacha system
sounds like shit nu/v/ would go crazy for
>>
>>687403715
Yep. FUCK ITSUNO.
>>
>you know remember how awful all the early previews were and how /v/ blindly ignored everything because muh Itsuno
>>
>>687403324
>shazamtroon calling anyone else a 'retard'
>>
>>687403794
You basically just rushed Daimon over and over, popped periphats, obliterated his health in 10 to 30 seconds, then changed your vocation to increase your odds of getting the gear you wanted from the gacha.
People addicted to that loop claimed it was the greatest part of DDDA.
>>
>>687403882
That was the DD2troons. They were intolerable liars.
>>
>>687403715
>Itsuno was offered DMC6 since DMC5 was a big success and actually sold well
They had agreed to let him make DD2 before DMC5 even started. If they wanted his involvement in DMC they would've kept him as supervisor.

Like, I really don't get why you guys so desperately want Itsuno to be a bad director and feel gratified by the fact DD2 was as botched as it was. Do you think anyone would release the game in the state it released? When it couldn't even run well? What exactly do you gain from a videogame being worse than it could be?
>>
>>687401442
> fired
> after he said he only had two games left in him and he made those games and left the company
Ok
>>
>>687403882
I remember shazamtrannies screeching that the game was bad because people were saying it would be good.
I remember shazamtrannies upset that the game existed because /v/ was excited for it. As if the game had personally explained to them that the existence of their balls meant that they would never have ovaries, that their manly appearance wouldn't meaningfully soften with HRT, and that their awkward gate, shoulder slump, brute face, and manhands would give away the fact that they were males until they day they died.
>>
>disliking DD2 = owning the chanz
>>
>>687404152
cope, dogmatroon
>>
>>687404152
you really think they wouldn't fire him after this concord-tier disaster?
>>
>>687401442
Dragons Dogma 2 is an ok game, on par with the original. Both games have severe flaws albeit in different areas. DD2 comes across as a game where they spent most of their dev time on the basics like figuring out how the new engine works and never had time to flesh it out. You have huge holes in the story, random sidequests with AAA polishing, and entire questlines missing, yet the gameplay and map are finished and well done.

The potential is there but it probably needed a budget 3x larger and that wasn't going to happen, capcom is too obsessed with monster hunter.
>>
Anyone who blames Itsuno for the state DD2 was in is a turbo braindead retard who doesn't know shit about how games are made.
>>
>>687404453
YWNBAW DOGMA TROON
>>
>>687404375
According to capcom themselves they were happy with the sales, I'm not sure what you are going on about. It's a blatantly unfinished game that capcom clearly set a very low bar for, and it met it.
>>
>>687404426
I don't care if the game story would suck that bad, and was prepared to buy it at launch for PC, but I see the presence of denuvo and heard that the launch was a disaster full of glitches deterred me from buying, even excluding the micro-transaction drama.
That I heard that the character creator received limitation as well, but I dont know how true that is.
>>
>>687404242
Its a disease across the entire board, every single game is infested with these schizoids that have made hating video games their personality and screech at people all day long. It's not trolling anymore but rather a legitimate mental illness, perhaps brought about by parents raising their kids on tablets and youtube, they NEED drama, they desire hate and petty arguments.
>>
>>687404572
Of course the company would say they are pleased with the sales to save face you retarded delusional TRANNY
>>
>>687401442
Fuck DD2 and fuck Itsuno for making this piece of shit.
>>
>>687404824
Agreed, hope he never works in the industry ever again
>>
>>687404649
Honestly it's not very glitchy, the worst thing was the performance but that was specifically a NPC problem so it only affected the main cities. People blew that out of proportion for the shock value and clickbait, yes your game would run like shit in town but for the other 90% of your time playing it was perfectly fine. The microtransactions are standard for capcom now, they are utterly useless and pointless but they tack them onto every game, it's like DMC letting you buy red orbs no one cares or does that.

For what the game is it's really fun but it's main problems are balancing, 75% of the story being missing, and the lategame/endgame being short. The last point is a bit of a spoiler to get into but eh fuck it.
>>
>>687404375
>concord-tier disaster?
DD2 sold over 3 million copies
>>
>>687404794
Ok keep listening to the voices in your head?
>>
>>687404889
coping slop eating itsuno aplogyst TRANNY FAGGOT
>>
>>687404924
so? SotE sold 5 million and wukong sold 10 million in a few days. It's clear capcom was after numbers like these.
>>
>>687404453
but i mean DD1 was the same way so it was atleast partially his fault the nigga did it twice
>>
>>687404932
I genuinely feel sorry for you, I'm not sure what happened in your life to cause you to be like this but I hope you get help.

Adults can dislike something without devolving into a primordial puddle of goo screaming obscenities, take a deep breath and stop posting.
>>
>>687404982
>It's clear capcom was after numbers like these.
Then why did they pay out bonuses to their shareholders after 2 million?
>>
>>687404996
And both DD1 and DD2 were great games that suffered from lack of content - something that could be easily fixed even by biggest retard with more time and money. They were just rushed out, again.
>>
>>687405012
YWNBAW
>>
>>687404982
They weren't which is why they said they said they were happy with it's sales. I'm not sure why we have to keep repeating this but maybe after 40 times you'll see the light.
>>
>>687404649
>That I heard that the character creator received limitation as well, but I dont know how true that is
You can't make snusnu like in dd1
>>
>>687405016
Easy - they fired the DD2 team and shitsuno the hack and used the money they would pay them to pay the shareholders instead
>>
>>687405063
>company said it so it must be true
how gullible are you?
>>
File: 1695630917676803.png (570 KB, 1024x1023)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
I feel vindicated.
>>
>>687405034
nigga DD2 took 5 years to make, Nintendo made botw in 5 years
>>
>>687404889
i know that the mirco-transaction is non-issue, and is glad that the glitch isn't that worth, I would still wait for denuvo to be removed at least.
can you tell me if the character customization as flexible, if not more so than the first one?
>>
>>687404996
The first time around they had a good idea but were not given the budget to make what they wanted. Was it bad? No not really, but it definitely could have been a lot more. We don't know exactly what constraints or budget DD2 was made under but it's obvious Capcom didn't want to buy in, is it his fault for making what he could with what he had or is it Capcoms fault for not believing?
>>
>>687403467
>Commercial success
Nigga, that game is fucking garbage. You were nickled and dimed by EA on release and the game had literally nothing hoing for it except brand momentum.
EA may have made some money on it, but compared to other EA titles that game sold like shit. There's a reason BG3 was so succesful. DA:Origins was a great game and everyone wanted a sequel to that, not ehatever the fuck DA 2 or DA: I were doing.
>>
>>687405142
>>687405016
You are a legitimate schizo, it was a success in their eyes because they set the bar low, it surpassed all the goals they had for the game and in doing so paid a bonus to shareholders.

It was a success in the eyes of Capcom.
>>
>>687405048
Bvsed.
>>
>>687405259
Are you on their board of directors? How do you know that it surpassed goals?
>>
Is he actually getting poached by SE to make the next mainline FF or was it just a bored anon's fanfic for shits and giggles. I remember that thread reaching 500 posts yesterday before reaching bump limit but never bothered reading it.
>>
File: 1709955083247537.png (1.16 MB, 907x938)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>687405181
It's both better and worse, if they still have it up my advice would be to download the separate character creator for DD2 and see for yourself. Everyone will look at it differently but I wouldn't say it was censored, my impression is that they just went for a grittier less anime stylization.
>>
>>687403651
Dragon's Dogma had a great combat system and nothing to use it on. You fight goblins, wolves and bandits for 90% of the base game. Dark Arisen actually gave you hard content to fully utilize the combat system, something they tried doing with the everfall but failed because the everfall was fucking miserable to traverse. BBI's only fault is that unless you played a yellow class Daimon 2.0 was a horrible fight.
>funny dynamic shit
Like what? Enemies falling to their deaths? because there's plenty of that.
>>
>no Shinji Mikami
>no Kamiya
>no Inafune
>no Itsuno
>no Yoshinori Ono
>Ace Attorney is just re-releases and GS7 never ever
Capcom is fucking dead lmao
there is only zoomer devs nowadays, no wonder you just get collections, demakes and awful games that go to the Game Pass catalog day one.
I will just support Inti Creates and whatever Shinji Mikami and Itsuno deliver in the future.
>>
>>687405181
When it comes to customizing the face then yes the cc is very flexible in that regard. But customizing the body is more limited than the first game
>>
File: 1723447961358991.png (123 KB, 383x353)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>don't understand what made the first a cult classic
>just superficially copy the original's story and mechanics
>story becomes flanderized dragon slop
>soundtrack missing the goddamn percussion section
>make the same mistakes as the original including Capcom shitting it out early
>it flops
Deserved,
>>
>>687404683
Removing the IP counter certainly didn't help. I also see that behaviour on other social media sites as well.
>>
>>687405484
>BBI's only fault is that unless you played a yellow class Daimon 2.0 was a horrible fight.
Just holy focus bolt bro
>>
>>687405474
>>687405513
I see, thanks, I hope that I can make my ideal imouto type character for this game when I got my hand on it one day.
>>
I hope Itsuno works with Atlus, Nintendo or Intelligent Systems
>>
Imagine being so obsessed with a game you supposedly hate that you make countless threads every day to just shit on it
It doesn't matter if the game is good or bad, that's just fucking miserable
>>
>>687402227
>I remember reading that Capcom planned DD1 to be their answer to Skyrim
This is not true. The idea for Dragon's Dogma is way older than Skyrim. Years older, before Skyrim even began development.
>>
>>687405719
this is revenge to the dogma trannies who made this board unusable with their shill spam
>>
>>687405710
good luck anon
>>
>>687405874
>His personality is making a video game his enemy and """"""""owning"""""""" people
>>
>>687401442
Bros I just buyed and boughted DD2 the other day. What do I do now?
>>
File: Itsunoliedpeopledied.png (2.21 MB, 1557x1952)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
Good riddance, he could have tempered expectations at least
>>
>>687405874
>the video games board is unusable
>because people talk about the upcoming video game which I don't like
>I must take revenge
The absolute fucking state of (You) lmao
>>
>>687401442
>fail to put lolis in game
>get fired
good riddance
>>
Finally
Kiketerally trying to cash up us with microtrans since dmc5. Hes dead meat by the yakuza
>>
>>687402305
You'll never know, your autism must be burning a hole through that tiny deformed head of yours, huh, freak?
>>
>>687406167
That is Capcoms doing, not his.
>>
File: 1719346201622910.jpg (195 KB, 937x978)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>687401442
wow that sucks... after all this time of people sucking the smegma off DD1 for 10 years and the board exploding with excitement of DD2's announcement...
and then it releases to thunderous mediocrity... what a shame the director leaves and the franchise is probably dead...
>>
>>687401442
he got poached by SE you shit poster
>>
File: 1704904598401790.png (2.29 MB, 2000x1688)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
loooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
>>
>>687406234
This board thinks bloodborne is some kind of mega hit when in fact it's niche as fuck, same as anime, it's mostly brownoids who care about all this shit nobody from the West with money does.

Anon, everything you read here is a lie.
>>
>>687405173
And 3 out of those 5 years were spend in Covid. Not exactly fair.

It also took Nintendo 6 FUCKING YEARS to make BotW on the same fucking map, with 90% identical assets.
>>
>>687406295
In all fairness Warfarer was so good it turbo broke the game, you could do insanely cool shit with it but there really wasn't anything difficult enough to merit you going that hard.
>>
>>687406364
BotW sold >30m units you stupid FUCK.
>>
>>687406405
So?
>>
>>687406405
what does that have to do with what he said
>>
>>687406129
>implying neo crapcom would deliver loli
>>
>>687406364
botw 97 meta totk 96 so... they did it the smart way both times? knew it would take forever so they reused assets, thats the smart way tho.
>>
I can see Itsuno leaving Capcom and doing a Nier Automata 2 easily.
>>
>>687406729
>>687406405
you are the biggest braindead retarded faggot i have ever seen holy shit
>>
>>687406207
Mega cope
>>
>>687403204
Who are 'we'?
>>
>>687407046
tortanic niggers who don't play videogames but spend their entire day twiddling their dicks planning raids on discord
>>
>>687401442
Don't care, still having a blast.
>>
>>687406934
>Nier Automata 2
how about no
>>
>>687407027
i dont understand why people think it cant be itsunos fault, itsuno does good combat, he has never proven he can do beyond that.
>>
File: no way.gif (1.13 MB, 300x242)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
>>687403275
I keked
>>
File: capcom.png (1.89 MB, 1803x1076)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>Dead Rising demake is botched with censorship and horror engine graphics
>DD2 was a complete flop, basically another remake that has 1000x higher system requirements and shittier Grigori
>SF6 is pozzed and is just a pachinko Drive Rush game
>RE4 Remake was superfluous and was worse in key areas of gameplay and controls compared to OG
>Turned mainline RE games into twitch.tv fps reaction streamer bait
>Pragmata is nowhere to be seen, probably cancelled like Deep Down
>the dinosaur gaas game was awful
>MH Rise was bad and Wilds is on the same floaty engine
>no decent new IPs, no innovations, no impressive tech, just endlessly rehashing its 4 most popular series

It's time to end the circlejerk regarding Scatcom. They are cancerous.
>>
Between him, Mikami and Kimaya leaving their respective companies, I really wonder if they're setting up some new company.
>>
Old scammer deserves a broken nose and losing all his front teeth for peddling lie after lie during DD2 marketing.
>>
File: 1670810754171989m.jpg (119 KB, 904x1024)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>687406532
Rise gave us hebekino, at least.
>>
>>687407541
Agreed.
>>
>>687401442
Why do you faggots celebrate games being rushed and shit? If anything, I'm just bummed we didn't get a top tier action role playing game with fun combat. Lord knows we need more than dad of war style shit and from soft shit.
But no. Fucking post-irony brain rot, I swear. You cunts hate videogames.
>>
>>687403061
>because it feels good and bad at the same time
100%. They fucked up crucial game mechanics while improving others. There's enough pieces there that you could make a good game out of it but they couldn't handle the ikea furniture part and created a fucked up abomination.
I feel so sorry for the people who worked on the individual components of DD2. With few exceptions they're all amazing. It's the incongruity and poor structure that fucks the game.
>>
so no one here is under the delusion this was anything other than Capcom destroying the project for short-term gain and because some suit had a vendetta to settle with Itsuno, right? everyone can transparently see this shit >>687402575 and this shit >>687403061 and intrinsically knows corporate malice or psyop black magic caused the game to be forcibly stillborn a year early, right?
>>
>>687404453
Like yeah, getting stuck with the MH engine? Capcom's fault.
Making the enemies indistinct and spawning randomly instead of in very specific locations to create the feeling of a living world like in DD1? His fault.
The reasons most people had to be mad at DD2 were shit reasons. There are legitimate issues with simple solutions that real fans are mad about. Capcom didn't fuck up the quest phase system. Capcom didn't force half the quests in the games to be RNG encounters in certain areas.
Stuff like the lack of movement and defensive options? Well you can perhaps attribute that to the MH engine and the game being a MH demo but even that's in contention.
>>
>>687405494
You realize that none of those niggas did much worth a shit compared to their Capcom days, right?
>>
>>687408182
This is how I feel.
If they'd expanded on things like camping, and really nailed down the quests and story, then done a bit of polishing to tidy up the wacky difficulty curve and odd, esoteric shit like the medusa being way the fuck outta the way etc, it would have been brilliant.
I understand the shitty changes like removing layered armour were for the sake of the new engine, but would have way preferred it if you could mix and match clothing across all vocation, whilst having the armour layer be unique.
And I really think they dropped the ball by reducing the number of skills you can use in some instances by tying arrows to them, or having warfare lock in one set as opposed to a set per weapon equipped, but even those gripes aside, the main flaw is with how samey it ends up feeling. There's just not enough that sets it apart from dd1, and it doesn't feel like there's a lot to do, which for a single player game is a bit of an oversight indeed.
I swear to god that if you could play Co op as your pawn in friends' worlds, like you could as a merc in fable 2, if you could dungeon delve in a sorta bbi/everfall with proc-gen challenges/goals, the game would be lauded as the second fucking coming. It's like adding Co op elevates even the most mediocre experiences, and it could have saved this game.
>inb4 missing the point of the pawn system/lore.
>>
>>687408418
RE engine bro. But yeah. You're right with the design flaws.
>>
/v/ suckered me on Dragon's Dogma games. They're fucking awful and the pawns aren't even an interesting mechanic. Boring map, boring "plot," boring gobs, boring caves.
>>
>>687401442
Lol dd2 is goty level.
>>
>>687408638
>co-op
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Only in a dedicated map/dungeon. You cannot plan a game around single player and co-op at the same time. It simply doesn't work. You fuck on experience or the other.

That said I feel nothing but spite for DD2. Someone cared but the higher ups did not. Even dumb little things like how both games have the exact same menues and structure but DD2 changed some of their to require you to go through more pausing and sub-menus for the same function.
DD2 is the result of a lack of care and perhaps disdain. For every reasonable issue or publisher mandate there's five issues that are just pure insanity or incompetence.
>>
>>687406295
>used their secret sauce to create responsive controls
What the sauce rotten or what? The very first fucking thing I noticed when I got into the game and that ruined pretty much all the combat for me was when I realized it felt much less responsive than the first game.
>>
>>687408817
It's the epitome of Thing, Japan
>>
>>687402575
>they released it right when the first fiscal quarter of the year was starting, they shit that thing out the door ASAP so whatever sales it could scrounge up would look good in shareholder reports

DD2 was released in March 2024, aka the last fiscal quarter of 2023. But yes, when a game gets released in Q1 of a year it generally means a publisher is trying to boost their numbers for the end of the fiscal year, which is clearly what happened with DD2. It's why January-March is a "dumping ground" for games and movies etc
>>
>>687409130
NTA but there's a knack to it. Rather than being unresponsive it's more like it's just slower. They put a weighty and realistic movement system in the game. One with momentum. And it doesn't work with high-octane fantasy action and climbing. It's like they had the game all planned out and were told to be more like MH in the 11th hour so all they could do was gimp enemy hit boxes and attack speeds/frequencies so that player wouldn't get fucked.
No one wants to play Darkrolls but some reactivity is necessary otherwise just play MH. It was a total fucking shit show.
>>
>>687409340
>NTA but there's a knack to it.
I know there's a knack to it, I still went through the game, but it was still much, much less enjoyable. Even towards the end, when I no longer feared anything and I felt like I dominated the combat system, I still couldn't help but think any given fight would have been more fun if it was in DD1.

>No one wants to play Darkrolls but some reactivity is necessary otherwise just play MH.
But I don't want to play either Souls or MH, I want to play Dragon's Dogma. The problem with Dragon's Dogma 2 is that they changed everything that was good about the first one and kept everything that was bad.
>>
File: 1693771606860340.jpg (62 KB, 421x421)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Here's hoping Kinoshita takes over DD2, assuming Capcom doesn't just kill it.
>>
>>687408892
Dunno about that bro.
Divinity os 1&2, baldur's gate 3, and fable 2 all had Co op that just lets you play the same single player game with your mates, and it elevated every one of them.
But yeah, I do agree that the blame is both bullshit pub mandates and poor design. I just think that any mediocre experience is always improved if you can play with your mates, and it would have saved this even if they changed literally nothing else.
Its like Elden ring for me. I fucking hate the game. Every encounter feels like a slog, traversing the world is somehow even more dull than outward was. Yet playing seamless Co op mod made it fun just cos I was on an adventure with my mates.
Dont get me wrong, dd1 didn't need Co op (as much as I wish it had it too) but if they didn't fix anything else about 2, even though I'd obviously prefer that, then I'd have at least forgiven a lot of it if I could coordinate shield jumps with my mates
>>
>>687401442
Should I play Dragons Dogma 1 or 2?
>>
>>687404176
Day in day out pissing and shitting yourself about how the game will be revolutionary and make elden ring obsolete when any normal person could see the jank and the flaws was pretty hilarious. Shillfags got what they deserved
>>
>>687401442
On a funny side note, the day he got fired was also the day Xitter was banned in Brazil, and ever since then, there haven't been any combotrannies spamming their garbage.
>>
He's got potential
>>
>company want to fire you
>instead of firing you they want you to resigned yourself so they dont have to pay you termination fee
so what happened if you just dont?
I get that its a big problem cause company can strongarm you into removing yourself or they put you on the bad boy list and you would have harder time finding new jobs
but what if you have enough money for early retirement
what are they going to do if you just dont turn in the letter?
>>
>>687410834
They're going to be really angry with you
>>
>>687401442
The fuck lil Shitsuno gon' do?
>>
>>687401853
Where have you been? Companies fire entire teams after they release successful games just because they didn't meet some arbitrary sales number.
>>
>>687401853
>do you really think they'd fire the man responsible for one of their most succesful games in their recent history because their newest release wasn't as big of a blockbuster?
Anon have you not noticed how the entirety of the world economy is being set on proverbial fire by corpos because every financial quarter must be drastically higher than the last one?
Put simply yes. If anything he'll be lucky to escape blacklisting given the current world order.
>>
No sympathy. Don't put Denuvo in your shit games next time.
>>
>>687403061
>nor can i really bash the performance side either when MH on pc has always performed like complete shit as well
Monster Hunter World runs like shit because some insane person set the game to run file integrity checks on everything loaded to RAM constantly and when it finishes checking it just starts over. The checks don't do anything either because if they find a corrupt file the game crashes anyway. You can get rid of that with this mod.
https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/3473
>>
>>687401864
Yeah he has brought it up multiple times he was considering leaving the industry I don't think the guy has ever really enjoyed working for Capcom in recent years.
>>
Remember when he made that snarky comment about slashing at the enemies feet? Yea just thought I'd mention it.
>>
>shits out a barebones proof of concept two times
>someone else has to come in to make his shit good
He needed a better tard-handler attached.
>>
>>687412293
That wasn't him but what's your point? Fighting giant enemies and monsters sucks if you all you can do is stab their feet. There is a lot to criticize DD on but not its combat.
>>
>>687401442
In germany we say "Er wurde freiwillig gegangen"
>>
>>687403120
Capcom already did make a japan exclusive dragons dogma mmo. Even had english menus and all.
>>
>>687411439
This.
>>
>>687401864
Yet he never did. Makes you wonder if you're just coping.
>>
>>687412428
Wait that wasn't him? Who was it?
>>
>>687401825
>attempting to bankrupt Capcom
based?
crapcom needs to learn their lesson from going DEI
>>
File: 1686272662660183.png (1.15 MB, 2702x948)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>687413221
Itsuno had the "fast travel means your game is boring" line. The stabbing feet remark was either Kinoshita or this guy.
>>
>>687406207
How are you so sure of it
>>
>>687413381
>fast travel means your game is boring
Oh yea that's a way worse line, I understand now.
>>
>>687407439
also them bringing back older IPs as remasters and censor the shit out of it.
it's fucking over
>>
>>687406207
He put his name on that game if he had any shame he would've murdered the entire capcom board or at least he would've committed seppuku.
>>
>>687401497
>retire
he said he's going to make a new game in a new environment
>>
What do you think Itsuno's Death Stranding will be like?
>>
>>687413381
>"fast travel means your game is boring"
>proceed to put all the game's gear in merchant's shops, turning exploring the world worthless once you discover the sphinx
God that made me so mad.
He had good ideas for the game but abysmal execution.
Whether it's the story that shits the bed after a short while, the difficulty being trivial very shortly, the worthless map exploration, the gimped magic vocations, the armour simplification that homogenized the vocations even more, the "endgame" itself being half-assed, a worthless NG+ and so on...
>BUT THE CAPCOM EXECS!!!!!
I'm grateful for DD existing, but I'm not sad to see him go.
The first game suffered similarly until it was pulled up by someone else.
>>
>>687401442
shouldn't have made dragon's dogma 2 an ESG game
>>
File: 468743541351.jpg (51 KB, 396x642)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>687413723
i still don't think it was his decision and he was forced by crapcom to do all this.
>>
>>687402312
>REmake quality
Which Remake quality is the question? The abomination that was RE3? The okay-ish RE2? Or whatever the hell they did to RE4?
>>
>>687405216
>Nigga, that game is fucking garbage
Doesn't really change the fact that it succeeded. And keep in mind that it came after DA2 and ME3.
>>
>>687401695
Capcom has been bleeding talent for a long time
>>
>>687402227
I've never seen a game go from possible GOTY candidate to literally forgotten after a week, it was impressive. Capcom must've been disappointed.
>>
>>687414230
>Capcom has been bleeding talent
Where is all the talent going? Definitely not other gaming studios.
>>
>>687401586
>NOOOOO I QUIT I WASN'T FIRED
>>
Why do some people here worship those literally who jap devs

>Jeff creates shit game
>game flops
>studio gives Jeff proposition he either fucks off volountary or they will kick him out
>nobody cares

>Itsuno creates shit game
>game flops
>studio gives Jeff proposition he either fucks off volountary or they will kick him out
>N-NOOOOOOOOOOOO ITSUNO-SAN SAMURAI DESU LEFT ON HIS OWN, HE DIDN'T WANT TO WORK FOR THEM!!!
>>
>>687414808
/v/ loves Japan more than /a/ for some reason.
>>
I have played DDDA many times over the years, and will do so again.
I never plan on touching DD2 again. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>687414708
The guy who programmed God Hand, the greatest game of all time, became a farmer
>>
>>687414932
that's pretty cool
>>
DD2 is one of the most confusing releases I've ever seen.

Everyone looked at Dragon's Dogma as a flawed game with tons of soul. All he needed was more time and money! LET HIM COOK!

Then he gets all the time and money in the world and makes a game similarly unfinished, similarly barebones, with less enemy variety and can't hit 60 fps
>>
>>687414932
Sovl
>>
>>687414932
I bet he's off saving video games on other planets in his spare time.
>>
>>687414808
director of
star gladiator
rival schools
powerstone
powerstone 2
project justice
capcom snk 2
dmc3
dmc4
dmc5
dogma
dogma2
>literal who
you are not a gamer
>>
>>687401497
Anon, it's always like this. Unless the person has committed actual criminal activities, everyone who gets fired will always be defined has "having retired" or "having departed amiccably due to creative differences". It's PR lingo meant to not stir investors and consumers towards bad company behavior.
>>
>>687415035
dd2 was rushed out the door and had a smaller team than most capcom games
>>
>>687401442
uhh, I think I must have completely skipped over Dragons Dogma drama, what happened?
>>
I'm five thousand hours into DD2 and having a fucking blast. Haven't finished the mining camp at the start of the game yet - I can't wait to see what comes next!
>>
>>687415157
People were in fact not having a blast.
>>
>>687415035
they wanted the game out before the end of the fiscal year.
>>
>>687413971
When he is dead because he was stranded and left homeless after being fired from Capcom and blacklisted from the industry for being a hack. So, in short, dead shitsuno on the side of the road will be pretty Kino. Maybe a car will even run him over a bit, who knows!
>>
>>687415157
It had less content than drogma 1 and it ran like complete shit even on 4000 cards
>>
>>687415157
one step forward, two steps back
>>
>>687415232
Shareholders ruin everything.
>>
>>687415240
What's your beef? Disappointed DMCfag?
>>
>>687401442
Itsuno can go work for Gamefreak. His level of "talent" will fit right in with them.
>>
File: ver9srhc5y821.jpg (57 KB, 900x900)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
So who's going to run DMC franchise now?
>>
>>687415548
You know damn well that Sukdip Dikshit and his friends will take over, Saar. Nipponland is spreading its legs wide open to VisaJeets nowadays.
>>
>>687415548
no one
it's dead now
>>
>>687415548
after the netflix show, dmc is officially retired.
>>
File: simu.jpg (13 KB, 230x345)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>687401442
This either means he's working for the Chinese or he's joint Kamiya and Mikami at their new venture (which might also be funded by the Chinese)

pic rel is Capcom right now
>>
File: itsuno vergil outfit.jpg (80 KB, 381x722)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>687401442
all he had to do was put co-op in, but nooooo. not in dmc5, not in dd2. his autism caused his downfall
>>
>>687415931
So the series is gonna end with Dante and Vergil forever trapped in hell?
>>
>>687401442
convince me to care about this squeaky voiced zipperhead nerd
>>
>"omg DD1 is fucking amazeballs, you have to play it"
>it's actually dogshit
Last time i ever played a /v/ recommended game.
>>
>>687416708
That's how DMC2 ended. And then it was retconned to Vergil opening a portal for Dante to leave (????)
We can just assume Vergil opens another one
>>
>>687416765
/v/ can't cure your bad taste
>>
>>687416708
just imagine them as doomguy. they're trapped in hell for billions of eons slaying demons and shit.
>>
>>687416765
I feel this way about E.Y.E.
>>
>>687416853
>fight goblins amd skeletons for 50 hours
>95% "quests" are literally mmo tier trash "bring me ten saurian asses"
>worst "fast travel" system i have ever seen
>there's only the generic forest and generic desert areas
>selling point is fighting huge monsters only to end up fighting cyclopces and chimeras for 95% of the game
Pawn sharing system was the only good thing about it.
>>
>>687416765
Your retard ass never made it to Gran Soren, stfu.
>>
>>687417153
Yea see you would like all that if you had good taste, but we can't help you with that sorry.
>>
File: 1659057323087623.png (8 KB, 330x290)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>687401442
OOOAAAH, good riddance. All he had to do was make a good game.
>>
>>687417307
>All he had to do was make a good game
Impossible for Shitsuno
>>
File: 1675018795592085.png (349 KB, 746x541)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>687401442
AND I FEEL IT'S GOING DOWN
TEN FEET BELOW THE GROUND
>>
>>687416765
How derrick
>>
>>687417430
Its over...
>>
File: 1707911134242153.jpg (28 KB, 460x345)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>687402008
I just want bitterblack 2
>>
>>687404103
Its tortanic fags being insufferable nigs
>>
>>687401586
/v/ is a grifter board, the people here are not allowed to think that things ever have a more positive outcome
>>
>>687403061
DD2 improved on all the areas DD1 was lacking in while failing in all the areas DD1 was good in.
It's a weird sidegrade, kind of like Just Cause 2 & 3.
>>
>>687411868
>sucking literal who cock so hard
>>
Name a better comfy adventuring sim.
This isn't a shitpost, hit me with cool games where you can travel and camp with your party.
One of the only other games that does it were the old Realms of Arkania games.
Kingmaker kind of comes close.
>>
>>687401442
Crapcom is getting rid of all their old soldiers and replace them with pro-(((global))) people.
>>
>>687419736
Baldurs Gate Trilogy
Xenoblade Trilogy
Tales of Arise
The Sims Vacation Expansion
>>
>>687419872
Baldur's Gate isn't a trilogy.
>>
>>687419998
https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate:_Enhanced_Edition_Trilogy
>>
Good, maybe someone can step up and finish the fucking game.
>>
>>687420042
By this logic Dragon's Dogma is also a trilogy. An expansion isn't a numbered game.
>>
>>687419736
Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
>>
>>687408318
>Capcom destroying the project for short-term gain
definitely.
>because some suit had a vendetta to settle with Itsuno
I'm not so sure abut this. what other evidence do we have for it?
>>
>>687401442
Alléluia with that pile of shit that was dd2 ..
>>
>>687420845
Yep
>>
90% of this thread is 2 or 3 discordfaggot IPs samefagging
>>
>>687415035
>Then he gets all the time and money in the world
>>
>>687401442
we are never going to the moon, are we?
>>
>>687421753
Of course, not the engine the game runs on isn't called "Moon", isn't it? hahahahhahahrfahasdgsdgsdfd
>>
It's actually fucking over for Devil May Cry isn't it, Dragon's Dogma at least has Kinoshita, DMC has nobody as far as we know, stylish action might seriously be dead for good this time
>>
>>687422969
Never been more over
>>
>>687414808
Idolfags are subhumans and never should be treated with equal footing. Disregard faggots who put others above em
>>
>>687423302
We have some good looking titles on the horizon
>>
>>687422969
I will take up the mantle.
>>
>>687422969
DMC went mobile
it's over already
>>
>>687422969
DMC5 was fucking cringe nigga. Especially that part with MJ hat dancing

The fuck? Trying to become pants on head retarded like Yakuza. Fuck off with your shit
>>
>>687423603
Name one video game that isn't cringe
>>
>>687407439
How is SF6 pozzed?
>>
>>687411439
you really believe it wasn't the publisher who demanded that?
>>
>>687423663
Ikaruga
>>
>>687423603
that was actually pure ludokino
>>
What will she do now? Will Nilil0.0 just keep playing DD1 until he dies?
>>
File: 4561352.jpg (81 KB, 520x654)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>687423820
anon, please
>>
>>687408817
This is howni feel about the souls games.
>>
>>687401442
He got poached by Cygames just like Takaki
Big jap dev names nowadays would either make their own studio, got poached by less prolific jap game studios or betray their home country for china
>>
>>687423873
psh black and white they still copied michael jackson nigga
>>
>>687412293
He's right tho, the furnace golems are pure dogshit to fight.
>>
>>687423904
People need to remember that Itsuno didnt make DA/BBI, that was someone else. If anything this should give hope that DD is in the hands of that person, where Itsuno essentially just paved the road for someone else to walk.

It would actually be horrible for DD3 if they didnt do an expansion for DD2, I dont think Capcom are that stupid.
>>
>>687417153
Does DD1 even have a desert area? And how the fuck is mistwood a "generic forest"
>>
>>687419872
Anyone who unironically recommends Tales of Arise has the worst taste imaginable.
>>
>>687423971
Balrog has been in since SF2. Goddamn you disingenuous grifters are always so easy to spot.
>>
>>687422969
Not necessarily as Itsuno was never going to direct 6 anyway. Hopefully he picked a proper successor to man the franchise. Maybe the guy who directed 5SE.
>>
File: 1720838708497033.png (757 KB, 768x768)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
>>687425032
>grifters
>>
good riddens to bland rubbish
>>
Itsuno is overrated. Great thinker & ideas guy, terrible at applying said ideas.
He had good teams around him though.
>>
Why the fuck does everyone worship BBI like it's some kind of masterpiece? It's pretty good but it's ultimately just a series of copypasted corridors with some good boss fights and a random loot system. Most of what makes it enjoyable was in basegame DD.
>>
>>687401586
nobody believes that lol
>>
>>687401586
He wouldve had to have left before DD2 came out if hes only coming out with it now too, which explains why the game is unfinished and rushed. Seems that somewhere in development he checked out, probably when the game was clearly shoved out to meet a quarterly earnings review for Capcom. This game is blatantly not finished and needed another year to iron shit out.
>>
>>687426627
Yeah I don't get it either. Took me a few tries to get into BBI/DA too. Its definitely good but its overrated. I guess some people prefer the focused action dungeon diving of BBI opposed to the open world questing adventures of Gransys.
>>
>>687425980
he's just another hack like kojima
>>
File: 1722215815976751.jpg (249 KB, 774x1032)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>687401586
LMFAO NO WAY YOU NUTTER. His ass was toast after Dragon's MidSlop 2 sales halted once the bad word of mouth took over.
>>
File: file.jpg (322 KB, 1578x1000)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>687401586
Knew he had good taste in cars.
>>
>>687401442
good, fuck this hack, rest in piss
>>
File: OH NONONONONONO.png (560 KB, 672x1071)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
I warned you, DMCucks.
>DMCshit died with 5,
>Got outsold by fucking RE3make (and will be by RE4make)
>Only one guy who wants to keep the series on life support LEAVES
>Only things the series have now are mobileshit with tranny VAs and Netflixslop
But you didn't listen. Apologise. Now.
>>
>>687428765
It is pretty baffling how fast DD2’s sales fell off a cliff basically one month after release. Elden Ring consistently sold copies month over month.
>>
>>687424161
kek
>>
Finally, this hack ruined the entire story of DMC with DMC5. That game needs to be remade with a new director. Kys useless hack.
>>
File: 1340913108281.jpg (102 KB, 544x400)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>/v/oodoo boys that are late to the party RP with each other and get called retards again
>>
>>687429384
Not baffling when the main returns from players are
>performances are shit
>it's like DD1 but somehow worse in most aspects
>70$
>>
File: IMG_2118.jpg (1.56 MB, 1290x1744)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>687429384
It also matches up the radio silence from Capcom on DD2. No word on roadmap, no hype, no community events like popular Pawns being streamed, no crossover Pawns hype like MH World with Witcher 3, just fucking nothing. It's unmistakeable Dragons Dogma 2 sales grinded to a halt and Capcom pulled the plug.
>>
>>687429384
Not so baffling when DD2 is a shit game and ER is a good one. Naturally the good game would have more sales.
>>
>>687429902
why do you faggots speak as if dd2 is some sort of live service game? road map? wtf you talking about?
>>
>>687429384
>Elden Ring consistently sold copies month over month.

No shit Elden Ring has like three times the content, monster and build variety on top of multiplayer both co-op and vs. I'm not even a From fanboy but the disparoty in quality and content is staggering, only good thing about DD2 was the core combat/gameplay which was basically the same as DD1 aside from better physic/more interactivity with the monsters. To me DD2 jsut made it clear Itsuno is compeltely cooked and simply hasn any creativity left in him same as Mikami but we'll see what he does on his next project.. not very optimistic though.
>>
>>687429384
Not really. Bad performance issues and MTX controversy killed the game's potential, not to mention all the other stuff that is less egregious to would be buyers. Fromshit will sell millions regardless of the quality and everyone's afraid to speak their mind about the new bandwagon.
>>
>>687429341
DMC is a much better game than GoW though. The only reason it sold more is because the mainstream and especially amerilards don't give a shit about gameplay, they just want an "epic" hollywood story to consoom. GoW is literally fantasy Marvel.
>>
File: ono.jpg (115 KB, 931x928)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>687401586
Yes, just like Ono lol
>>
>>687430287
>fromshit will sell millions regardless of quality
It helps that Elden Ring is a higher quality game than Dragon’s Dogma 2 :D
>>
>>687401586
>I ask you, is that the fate you have chosen, of your own will?
>>
File: cap.png (1012 KB, 1195x700)
1012 KB
1012 KB PNG
>>687401442
Captranny Pajeet shill thread
>>
>'cord troons still talking to themselves several hour later
Lol fucking sad
>>
>>687430287
>Bad performance issues and MTX controversy killed the game's potential

Elden Ring had bad performance at lunch as well, the DLC was even worse and it still sold gangbuster. DD2 is just an extremely mediocre sequel the technical issues and mtx drama would have drowned quickly if the game was good same as it always (sadly) happen.
>>
>>687410834
>so what happened if you just dont?
In Japan? A not insignificant likelihood that they'll shit on you extra hard to other businesses, making it much more difficult for you to find employment elsehwere.
>>
>>687430681
Fromsoft are mediocrity personified but they sell amazingly well off of their reputation.
>>
>>687424746
It's just another subhuman talking out their ass trying desperately to seem like they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>687430915
name a better developer. you cant.
capcom and fromsoft are best of the industry and the hate they get in this hell hole of a site makes it obvious its chink/gooks hate shills. also tendie faggots hating on anything not on their tablet.
>>
>>687410834
you get promoted/demoted into a worthless role
>>
>>687401442
>bent the knee
>removed all the "problematic" features from dragon's dogma
>added as many blacks and fags as possible
>still given the boot

heh
>>
File: street shitter.jpg (1.13 MB, 2048x1507)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Pajeet directed DMC. Can't wait bros!
>>
>>687430976
I beat DD1 and I barely remember anything from the game. It was a forgettable 7/10 game even back when it released.
>>
>>687431069
Modern Capcom thinks spreading its ass cheeks for trannies compensates for making worse games.
>>
>>687410834
>so what happened if you just dont?

They send you to work of shitty projects, you're never going to get a promotion and so on. Basically they will try to make your life as miserable as possible which WILL eventually dent your mental and physical health. This doesn't happen jsut in Japan btw, my dad was a sales representative for a medium sized company, when he got close to retiring and the company wasn't doing so well they kept giving the shittiest routes so he would ask for an early retiriment.
>>
>>687431242
name a better developer. you cant and wont.
>>
People only "liked" the original because they bought DA for 5 bucks.
>>
>>687431329
Defend dragons smegma 2 and the dead rising demake
>>
>>687430915
>no man it’s uhhh their reputation
Sales numbers don’t lie. Fromsoft was niche prior to ER, Dark Souls 3 only sold about as much as DD2 did (lol)
Despite being le Dark Souls devs that didn’t have a reputation among mainstream audiences big enough that would explain ER’s success. The actual explanation is… ER was just a good game.
>>
>>687431329
its not even about defending capcom its about the fact that nigger faggots here are so cancerous that they represent everything that is destroying video games.
why dont gatcha coomer shits receive this much scrutiny and hate here?
die in a fire ya filthy parasites.
>>
>>687431373
There are much worse games that cost ten times that amount
>>
This game would have sold like hot cakes if they added online co-op but unfortunately the devs are autists goin on about muh pawns!
>>
>>687413381
>Itsuno had the "fast travel means your game is boring" line

He's not even wrong but it's such an arrogant, out of touch line that it truly makes you think he's just an idea guy who "got lucky". The fact it ended up biting him in the ass is jsut karmik justice but also sad because of all the open world rpg DD is genuinely the one who would have the potential to make the restricted fast travel an actual feature.
>>
>>687431069
I can name them all, Capcom and fromsoft are super overrated.thanks to paid influencers, one makes demakes and the other repackaged the same game 6 times
>>
>>687401442
So who was the first big name guy to leave Capcom? The guy that made SF2?
>>
>>687431559
>the game would have-ACK
>>
File: smugshark.jpg (53 KB, 720x720)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>687431329
FromSoftware (barely, because they also bend the knee to ESG/DEI)
Mihoyo
The studio behind the monke game
>>
File: 1684082099175356.jpg (1.36 MB, 4188x1624)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>687423820
You tell me, retard. Nevermind Capcom USA's obsession with drag queens in marketing campaigns.
>>
>>687423904
seems like she is done with DD, deleted her patreon/discord
12 years of playing DA on and off, couldn't last more than a couple months with DD2
>>
File: 1700702072187428.jpg (145 KB, 464x454)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>30 fps will feel like 60 fps with my secret trick!
>less armor slots means more customization!
>warfarer is an evolution of DMC5 dante gameplay!
>>
>>687431430
dragons dogma is a fantastic game. what is it that you faggots even seek in a video game? not even you know what you want.
dragons dogma received a lot of shit when first released and it was a small fan base who liked its niche style who asked for a sequel. cant you see that if the developers strayed too far from the formula which made the first liked they would be betraying those who kept the spirit of the game going in the first place/
>>
File: 1703421117197668.png (155 KB, 600x600)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>DD2 stops selling the moment streamers stop shilling it
This is the world we live in
>>
>>687431662
yea no shit capcom hate shills are chink drones.
already said that.
>>
>>687431864
>>warfarer is an evolution of DMC5 dante gameplay!
I can't believe Itsuno said that that with a straight face lmao
>>
>>687431248
>They send you to work of shitty projects
like dragon dogma?
>>
Once Wilds crashes and burns Capcom will finally be finished.
>>
>>687431928
DD2 was supposed to be the next Elden Ring killer but unfortunately they became just another Lords of the Fallen.
>>
File: 1695036335801649.jpg (21 KB, 478x415)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>687402332
>the only people they CANT lie to
LOL GET A FUCKING LOAD OF THIS GUY
>>
>>687431594
yet you didnt name a single one. you niggers have no ground, no conviction.
you cant ever be truthful because you exist only to spew discord. kill yourself you dirty chink nigger.
>>
>>687401695

I mean yeah, it does happen regularly in Japan. Reggie leaving Nintendo, Inafune leaving Capcom, Kamiya leaving Platinum, Mikami leaving Tango
>>
>>687415548
>So who's going to run DMC franchise now?

Kamiya is looking for work...
>>
>>687431974
Not my fault chinks are the only ones not sucking DEI cock
>>
>>687431928
It’s more like
>game sells like shit
>itsuno is drawn and quartered and capcom stops giving shill money to streamers
>streamers stop playing it when the shill money dries up
>>
>>687431884
Yet the sequel ran worse than the first, they had a worse main dragon, they didn't have an Into Free equivalent song, they limited the character creation because muh lolis, and they promoted the game using a literal tranny and some faggot rat looking eceleb. But muh original fans muh original spirit. Shut the fuck up bitch.
>>
>>687432163
chink is the drone nation globalists wish the rest of the world to be. a nation with nothing but Godless drones who live only to suffer.
>>
>>687429010
>>687401586
More like he left in his own accord
>>
>>687431496
GRRM's name, Covid lockdowns, years of fanboy hype, open world RPG to rope people in. If we're also using sales numbers then Call of Duty and FIFA are the best shit going too.
>>
>>687432240
>ran worst than the first
worked on my machine, flawlessly.
>>
Goodbye, Dragon's Dogma. It was but a fleeting series. The beauty of the peak of action gaming combined with open world RPG we will never see again.
>>
>>687431974
Or maybe Capcom should make new games instead of zero risk remakes of already popular games, even DMC5 and DD2 felt like shitty remakes rather than something new, playing nu crapcum feels like being stuck in a time loop, you already saw that, you already killed that , it's déJà vu
>>
>>687432450
It doesn't add enough to justify needing much better gear to run. Pretentious failed game.
>>
>>687431884
DD's fanbase is divided in 2 for now
>disillusioned "fans" that have to cope themselves into justifying why they boot up DD2 today while howling that it's their GOTY, and that Itsuno was, yet again, sabotaged from the top.
>disappointed fans that gave constructive criticism as to why DD2 failed to deliver in most aspect, yet still enjoyed it enough to play through it, while saying to potential buyers to wait for a significant discount and hoping for a potential DLC to salvage what's salvageable.
DD2 is a remake of a fantastic waste of potential.
>>
Press S to spit on the false prophet.
Bastard released a game with LESS content and LESS enemy variety than the one from 10 years ago.
Bastard prioritized graphics over gameplay AND performance.
I would have preferred for the game to look like picrel and have 100x more enemies, dungeons, and bosses than to look photorealistic and have hobgoblins copypasted in every level. S S S S *Ptooh Ptooh*
>>
>>687401442
hahahahahah good riddance
>>
File: skofqq.gif (1.36 MB, 220x220)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>tfw dumb faggots actually wasted $70 plus tip on Dragon's Dogshit 2
>>
>>687432513
there is nothing like DD2, there is no fighting game like SF6, there is no MH like games out there that manages to come near capcoms and they change drastically with each new title. there is nothing like the nu RE games wether its the first person or third person ones.
wtf do you want? for capcom to give meaning to your shit existence and tell you the reason for life?
>>
File: 1686749751853500.jpg (204 KB, 975x647)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>687432068
>Wilds crashes and burns
>>
Keep it up xisters, we're beating them down! THIS IS REVENGE!
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.93 MB, 1700x960)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>made the 4th best selling game of 2024
>Itsuno is already confirmed to be working on a new project as of today
How this could become a good thing:
>he got poached somewhere like CyGames and is just told to direct whatever crazy thing he wants
>they don't make DLC for DD2, but take the guy who directed DD:DA and DD:O and have him direct 3 reusing everything they can from 2
>>
>>687432436
>uhhhh no covid and uhhhhhhhhhhhh fifa made it sell millions it wasn’t because the game was good ok????
You’d have to be underage to think this. Bad games stop getting sales shortly after release due to word of mouth. You know, like what happened to DD2?
>>
>>687432815
DD2 is exactly like 1
SF6 is a fighting game, it only has about 100 competitors with the same mechanics
MH reuses an absurd amount of monsters and only introduce 3 or 4 new monster per game
Re remakes are now Tom clancy's emo adventure featuring poor quality lighting , textures and 3d models.
>>
>>687432354
>>
>>687433183
DD1 has far worse combat than 1
>>
>>687429341
>oink
Piglet, please
>>
>>687433183
yet all other developers are playing catch up to match capcoms craftsmanship. you disingenuous dumb dirty nigger.
>>
>>687433325
*DD2
>>
discord won
>>
>>687401442
>Crapcom's last good director left
>they're going more and more woke to the point of even rewriting history by consoring old games in new collections
>all at a time when woke shit is going out of fashion
It's over for them.
>>
>>687433325
Dragons dogshit has worse combat than even gacha phone games. I uninstalled the game right away when i noticed you can't even block or dodge with warrior greatsword, it's trash game.
>>
>>687433408
/v/ has yet to claim a single victory over discordchads
>>
>>687433408
>discord won
>literal shit on anything that comes out
>disappear and pretend they never posted anything when they get it wrong 99% of the time
>gloat the one time they were correct

SAD
>>
>>687401695
That's the literal only way it happens
Japanese companies do not fire people
>>
File: 6797070-676758.png (1.08 MB, 1102x1031)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
You did this when you rejected his game
>>
>>687433921
Elden Ring raped them thoughbeit
>>
>>687434249
If you compare Elden Ring to DD2, it's not even close. Elden Ring the much better game hands down, no contest.
>>
>remove loli/minheight
>get fired
Good
>>
>>687423820
You retarded, lil bro?
>>
>>687402551
if we keep wishing surely it will happen
>>
>>687434816
Capcom's always been like this.
>>
>>687403124
Dragons Dogma 2 is better tho, since it got physics and awewsome combat system
>>
>>687434816
>>687434816
Trannies have literally been in capcom games since 1990's final fight though.
>>
File: accord.png (847 KB, 1152x512)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>687401586
>>687429010
>>687432354
>>687433276
Fuck me too late
>>
>>687435365
>>687435365
>>687435365
Only in the Americuck version though.
>>
good
crapcum hasn't done anything worth in 20 years anyway, and dead rising was a fluke
>>
>>687434461
>Elden Ring=Can change your character appearance anytime for free with mirror.
>DD2=You want to change your appearance? Give us $3 bux.
>>
>>687435740
Itsuno personally put that microtransaction in, too. Why is that hack such a greedy fuck?
>>
>>687401586
>make money off game thast just a remake of the 1st labelled as a sequel
>dips
talentless traitor
>>
>>687435668
Mega Man 9 and 10 were kino, oh wait, full credit for those goes to Inti Creates.
>>
>>687401493
fpbp
>>
>>687434624
>takes away the lolis
>adds a bajillion ugly ass niggers
This so fucking much.
After removing a key feature that made the original such a big hit, Shitsuno had it coming to him in spades.
>>
>>687435740
DD2 is better game tho
>>
>>687435937
Shitsuno is a Japanese Jew descendended from one of the lost tribes of Israel.
>>
>>687431662
From Software has been including femboys in their games before DEI was even a thing.
>>
>>687434816
suzie haircut!
>>
File: ru433ezaslaa1.jpg (87 KB, 511x511)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>687436403
>he wasted $70 dollar
>>
>>687434816
grim
>>
>>687436403
lol no elden ring > skyrim with mods = dd1 >>>>> dd2
>>
>>687435740
?
its literally 500 gold (free) to change race, appearance, voice, name
>>
>>687401586
Am sure he did, probably Capcom told him to release DD2 a year earlier and he just said fuck you too. Reason DD2 having little to no updates or news since its release.
>>
>>687436908
>>687437056
I got both and it's not even close
>>
>>687437350
>i got both
>mentioned 4 games in the post

litteral diversity hier tier iq levels
>>
File: paraglider.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>687437056
This. Skyrim with paragliding mod easily mogs DD2.
>>
>>687437458
I meant new one. I got like 3 copies of different skyrims
>>
>>687436045
i was never a big fan of megaman or monster hunter
so those 2 don't count for me
>>
>>687403169
>just say the meme word instead of explaining what you feel
You really are a shithead.
>>
>>687401586
you have to do something borderline illegal to actually get terminated in japan

if they want you out they'll just make it hell on you until you pack your own bags
>>
>>687402052
based. I need more j-action kino https://youtu.be/F53MfLFgdAc?si=AvpUnrRH6OVG30l- best case scenario is itsuno and kamiya joining together to bring a new era of j-action to the masses though
>>
>>687430217
because it does not feel complete in its current state. The framework is great but there aren't enough things to do to justify playing it more than once.
>>
>>687403307
>Yes i SO MUCH YEARN for retarded niggery repetitive corridors
Laughs in magik archer
>>
File: 1600139271103.png (434 KB, 777x707)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>687401586
Retard
>>
>>687401442
why do weebs worship geriatric zipperheads so much? the amount of shilling dragon's dogshit receives is deeply intertwined with this feminine gremlin and his high pitch voice. most of the shilling has to suck him off in one way or another, I suppose cult of personality has to play with the people who choose mediocre games to base their empty lives around.
>>
>>687404683
>Its a disease across the entire board, every single game is infested with these schizoids that have made hating video games their personality

Yeah, no. Most people here write that genderless pronouns are ok for discuss important stuff with faceless social media people, meanwhile gamers play games
>>
>>687401442
We need Kamiya bros...
>>
>>687444346
I Agree ;__;
>>
File: DMChads.png (1.95 MB, 1077x1052)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>687444346
>Kamiya's year long noncompete from leaving Platinum last year is nearly up
>Mikami's from Tango is by now too
I'm ODing on copium, but imagine.
>>
File: Fromsoftware banner.jpg (308 KB, 800x800)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>687401442
He should go to Fromsoftware and co-direct his dream ARPG there
>>
>>687415119
>an entire catalouge of slopware
how did he get away with it for this long?
>>
File: 54928346.jpg (154 KB, 1389x486)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>687409536
>if you actually played the game
I did which is how I know it was undercooked and pushed out well before it was done
>chests not resetting after a few days killed any reason to do dungeons/caves ever again
i.e. they needed an area like post dragon Everfall or BBI, which could have been the blocked gates that people found all over the world. It's the biggest reason why people think there's an unannounced DLC for the game.
>only 4 active skills instead of 6, any normal person would pick the ones that would work in most situations, instead of picking ones that would work in very specific scenarios
i.e. something that could have got put in because they didn't have the time to test and refine the system due to sudden time constraints
>>
>>687401442
Source I made it up
>>
File: tossed.webm (3.97 MB, 1280x720)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB WEBM
>>687401442
You fundamentally cannot understand Devil May Cry if you aren't Hispanic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.