[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1508.png (302 KB, 599x599)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
seen rumors of this shit starting to spread online so I figured I would elaborate on it since I was somewhat involved. towards the end of August I took part in the filming of a promotional video for the Switch successor lol.

>they're calling it "NINTENDO SUPERIOR" lmao
>joy cons are magnetic
>has analog triggers, joy con design has like a groove that makes it quite comfortable to hold
>screen is way bigger than regular Switch, probably same size as the OLED

that's it lol. I'll stick around for a while to answer any questions but that's all I know. I don't know any games that are on it, I don't know if it runs at 4K. The console was turned off the entire time and we were basically pretending to play it. I don't know when they'll show it off or if they'll even use the part I was in.
>>
sounds good. have my money. idgaf about always online digital saves and stoes. i want to buy games at the store and just have fun without linking it to me fb or twitter or whatever. i can play my grimdark mod sinks on my computer, just give me lighthearted and someone whistful fun with a min of fuss.
>>
>>688722145
>they're calling it "NINTENDO SUPERIOR"
You really think they told you the name and not some internal moniker made up exclusively for commercial filming?
>>
>>688722650
the marketing strategy for the Wii was genius, so I see why they used that name, but I still think Nintendo Revolution would be a sick name for a console.
Superior is lame and makes me think of that shitty mexican grocery store.
>>
>>688722145
Assuming this is real did they have real units there during filming? If so how was the:

- Weight
- Brightness of the display
- Resolution/Sharpness
- UI
- Feel of the analog triggers
>>
The first company to get to finally use hall sensor joysticks will be able to throw sass at the other two for fucking years.
>>
>>688723278
Sega was the first to use hall effect though. But I agree that the controller scam done by the big 3 console makers is incredibly jewish
>>
>>688722650
Idk. I held the Pro Controller and it had "Nintendo Superior" across the front just like the Switch's pro controller does so I imagine it must be the name they're going ahead with.
>>688723275
They felt like real units, not just replicas or props. I felt like every move I made was being watched heavily, I tried to press the power button and was immediately told off. They were really strict I thought they were going to send me home. Only things I can comment on are
>Weight
It was pretty light! Just slightly heavier than the Switch but not as heavy as the Steam Deck
>Feel of the analog triggers
The joycon triggers felt very similar to the steam deck's. The pro controller's felt like the PS5 controllers.
>>
>>688722978
I wanted them to just keep calling the Switch the NX and then they could say shit like, "Take the NX step" or "The latest Mario game is the NX evolution in platforming!" or other gay shit like that. I’m aware of how unbelievably autistic and lame my desire was, but it would’ve made me happy at least.
>>
>>688725028
sounds great, but I bet market research told them amerigolems are too retarded to understand the "cross" concept the X implies (home x portable). Monster Hunter X had to be renamed "generations" and SMT x FE was somehow butchered into "Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE."
>>
>>688722145
do the joycons still wobble in handheld?
>>
>>688722145
>>joy cons are magnetic
I wouldn't trust that
>>
>>688726746
They felt pretty sturdy, not sure how the magnetic thing will work in the long run since magnets degrade over time I believe
>>
>>688727840
op were there any games
>>
Gay and fake
>>
>>688730502
real and heterosexual
>>
Does it indicate any kind of estimated release date or if it has a unique feature that is not on its other Switch models?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.