[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (179 KB, 300x300)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
how bad must the new legends game be if nintendo and tpc are trying to kill palworld before dropping a gameplay trailer?
>>
>>689338659
>1 city with horrible render distance, pop-in and framerate
>same shitty chore gameplay from arceus
>ugly new pokemon & forms
>lumiose city is the only area in the game which means you'll only get a small area where you can't enter 99% of the buildings
It's gonna flop
Should have made a Johto game instead
>>
>>689338659
They ruined the game by putting all their money and rescource into sueing Palworld instead of developing their own game and trying to actually do it better.
>>
>>689338858
if they were smart they would an equivalent of the catacombs. You know, with the french inspiration and all that
>>
File: IMG_3565.gif (2.31 MB, 640x360)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
>>689338659
>Game only takes place in a Pizza shaped Midgar like City

Yeah my hopes are not exactly that high especially with the dumb legal mumbo jumbo in place
>>
>>689339015
>all of their money and resources
This game as well as the rest never used more than 1% of their resources. The pokemon franchise is the highest grossing franchise on the planet. They have so much fucking money that a majority of it just goes back into making more merch instead of making better games.
>>
the one city thing has to be a bad translation. no way the entire game in in lumiose.
>>
File: 1709193098484525.png (185 KB, 649x707)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>689340667
play more video games
>>
Will probably have some similarities to Palworld, mostly with Pokémon having "jobs" (they've already sort of tried this in the past, with those tasks you can send your Pokémon on) and it will look like shit.
>>
>>689340667
Maybe they looked at their own legends arceus reveal and thought open landscapes look kinda shit
>>
File: 1588893829615.jpg (264 KB, 850x1328)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>689338659
It will propably be a fine game at its core, but it will be shat upon due to the Switch's hardware limitations as well as Gamefreaks inability to optimize around that. And since the modern gamer mostly games on Twitch and Jewtube while never actually playing video games, the general consensus will be it looks shit so it's a le bad game.
>>
>>689338659
>they made PLA in a hurry when they heard about Palworld
>they're making PLZA in a hurry after seeing how much of a success Palworld was (and suing it for using balls and mounts)
Shame that you literally can't take down the cult at this point.
>>
>>689338659
I liked the previous one. It wasn't anything amazing but it was better than the latest slop.

Given that Game Freak haven't ever been able to program properly though, I won't hold my breath for anything good.

It won't flop though. People will still buy it in droves.
And as usual, they'll cuck on any decent storytelling despite having a mountain of interesting lore and story ideas they could explore.
>>
>>689340667
I think it'll be like the first Legends - you're based in one city and go out to other areas on missions. Not my favourite design but it works. So Lumiose becomes the hub area, like Jubilife was.
>>
The lawsuit is completely reasonable
You can't patent gameplay mechanics that aren't ridiculously specific. Read the patent on the Legends Arceus catching mechanic. It's so weird and particular that there's no way it wasn't a 1:1 lift.
We all hate The Pokemon Company but it was a ridiculous thing to copy. They picked the one mechanic they legally aren't allowed to steal.
>>
>>689344386
>The lawsuit is completely reasonable
thats a good boot licker
>>
>>689344693
Do you think closing your eyes and saying "This should be illegal because feefees" is going to change anything? Yes, you shouldn't be able to patent game mechanics. But saying "This'll never hold up in court! Nintendo is EVIL BAD !!!" isn't going to stop anything at all.
Legality is a strategy game. Palworld devs were retarded to copy a patented mechanic. They are going to lose this court case because judges have to rule based on law instead of what wholesome redditors think
>>
>pokemon legends -ZA'

damn italians
>>
>>689344693
It is though.
Pika pika
It is.
And Nintendo will win the lawsuit and close Pocketpair for good.
Chillet will die.
Hail Nintendo
Hail Gamefreak
Pika pika
>>
>>689338659
its gonna be a reskin of arceus and still btfo palworld
>>
now every time a new pokeslop game comes out, palGODS are gonna flood the board, laughing at its inferiority to an early access indie...are you happy nintendo?
>>
>>689344693
>NNNOOOOOO NOT MY POOR HECKIN DEFENCELESS AI SLOP GAME
>>
>>689345495
Pokemon is garbage and Palworld is more ARK Survival than Pokemon. Wtf do the games have in common besides anime animal designs
>>
>>689345495
not much has changed then, people have been laughing at the piss poor quality of pokemon games for ages.
>>
>>689346426
Yeah but if you hate Palworld you're a pokemon simp you love gamefreak boots ;))
>>
File: quillotine.png (1.66 MB, 1880x3365)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
reminder
>>
>>689340667
>>689344210
The trailer focused on Lumiose.

>>689344386
No, retard.
>>
File: 1707665979267148m.jpg (67 KB, 1024x920)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>a group of literal whos managed to mock the most profitable ip in the world
this will never stop being funny
>>
>>689346538
>The trailer focused on Lumiose.
I'm aware. Nintendo later said on twatter that it was set in that city. But it being like Jubilife from the previous game makes more sense than not being able to leave the city at all.
>>
>>689347102
That's what I'd assume but the trailer and description implied otherwise. Or if it was in the past it could have been a small town with a mix of each surrounding region that you build upon. But it's modern.
>>
>>689338659
considering they havent shown a single second of actual ingame footage, very bad
>>
>>689344386
>implying they simply aren't grasping at straws to get this to court hoping they find some incriminating shit during discovery after they raid the pocketpair offices and their buckets of drives
It's like when the police uses some contrived excuse to get a search warrant, then they just so happen to find drugs under your couch and cheesy peezy on your computer by complete coincidence
Come on fellas this is basic stuff
>>
>>689338858
Johto game would have just been rural Japan again, which they did two years in a row now, but even blander now because it’s Johto.
>>
>>689345495
good
the board has been shit ever since tendies turned it into r/nintendo circlejerk with salesfaggotry and consolewarfagging
>>
>>689338659
I think anyone who has any faith in Game Freak at this point genuinely deserves to be scammed.
>>
>>689350697
this, it's practically standard procedure
>>
>>689340667
Realistic sized city is a perfectly viable game setting, I don't trust Game Freak to do it well but still
>>
It doesn't matter how bad it is, pokedrones will buy it no matter what.
They're the most braindead consumers on the planet.
>>
>>689338659
my personal hypothesis is that the new pokemon is a clone of palworld. So, they are trying to avoid being sued themselves.
>>
>>689351457
it's gonna be such a terrible game
>"NO YOU CANNOT GO OUT OF THE CITY YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT!"
>the rest of the region is completely inaccessible, unlike sinnoh/hisui, which was at least a shitty wilderness that you could explore
and it's not like there's just one city is kalos either
kalos has incredible diversity in locations and really scenic towns and cities, so a bummer they wont even be in the game
>>
>>689351936
it does seem that way with the focus on "city redevelopment" which sounds like it will definitely use features similar to palworld's crafting and building bases
>>
Game is gonna be okay, solid 6 or 7 out of 10 like all pokemon games, who cares.
>>
>>689338659
>Gamefreak

You already answered your question
>>
>>689345194
So THIS is the Eric everyone's been talking about! Eric-Sama, I kneel...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.