[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG29383874_3838.jpg (2.41 MB, 3023x2240)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
– The game takes place on "Tierra del Fuego" island in Southeast Asia;
– The main source of inspiration was the Japanese volcanic island "Miyake-jima", which has a volcano that emits poisonous volcanic gas, causing all its inhabitants to wear gas masks;
– The architecture of the village and small town is a mix of cultural cliches from all 11 countries of Southeast Asia;
– The main biological threat is the White Mold, inspired by the real-life moldy fungus Torrubiella. In real life, it kills insects by completely taking over the body of its victim. In the game, this fungus was used to modify the Mold that we know from RE7 and RE8. The White Mold gradually covers the body of the victims, driving them crazy, and this is vaguely reminiscent of the stages of infection from TLoU;
– When the Mold completely covers the body of the victims in something like a furry cocoon, various creatures emerge from these cocoons, reflecting ideas about folklore, mythological creatures of this region;
– White Mold also covers the walls of various rooms, and near these walls the protagonist experiences terrible hallucinations;
– The main character is Adrian Clark, he is a tourist who arrived on the island with his wife and son;
– The wife was killed by local residents shortly after the start of the game, and the son was kidnapped for unknown purposes, the protagonist is trying to find him;
– Sometimes Leon Kennedy, who is about 50 years old at the time of the game, helps him. His role is episodic, and he appears a little more often than Chris in REVillage;
– Chris, Jill and Claire are also present in this game, they work with Leon, but they act somewhere behind the scenes. Probably, their role will be revealed in DLC;
>>
– The game is played from FPV, but after completing the game, a OTS will be available. Also, DLC for famous characters are planned to be made only from OTS;
– The volcano on the island has a plot significance. Some ancient extremophiles live there, worshiped by the locals. It is known that these extremophiles can strengthen the White Mold, and they are of interest to both The Connections and BSAA;
– BSAA is now completely under the control of Blue Umbrella, having completely corrupted this organization. It's s also known that Blue Umbrella supplies BOW-Soldiers as weapons to other countries, and the world is on the verge of destruction;
– During the game, it is clearly hinted that its events will lead to an apocalypse;
– The game is being developed on the advanced REX Engine, the announcement is planned for the first half of 2025, the release date is scheduled for early 2026;
– The game will support PSVR2.
>>
Sounds bullshit but also fun.
>The game is played from FPV, but after completing the game, a OTS will be available. Also, DLC for famous characters are planned to be made only from OTS;
That's the only thing I'm worried about. Village was very much designed with FPV in mind so when they added the third person view, it felt tacked on and not very polished. Ethan floating on ladders, sticking out of closets, even his aiming/weapon posing was off. As long as OTS feels as good as 2/3/4 then I'll be happy. And I say this as someone who liked first person.
>>
>>690114478
If not bullshit it sounds interesting, but also a bit disappointing that it's more mold shit. I just want zombies in my Resident Evil. Especially with a tropical setting, it would feel like Zombi 2.

Also, I was under the impression that Blue Umbrella were good guys now or something, at least based on Not A Hero, and based on their non-presence in Village, I had assumed that storyline was dropped altogether.
>>
>>690114478
you couldn't come up with a better fake image?
>>
>>690116680
The last game ended with Chris vowing to find out where the giant mold baby fetus under the village came from. So this sort of makes sense.
>>
>>690114478
>>690114629
>Source: Dude trust me, bro
>>
>>690114478
That is the worst looking "leak" image I've ever seen, man. You would have been more believable with just the text. Just a total fucking failure of an image.
>>
File: 1727228199849003.jpg (147 KB, 545x510)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>690114629
>>690114478
Imagine going through all the effort of making up all this without realizing Capcom publicly announced Ethans story and the mold tales were over.
>>
>>690114478
Im gonna leak my urine on your face negro
>>
File: 1677536648551340.png (134 KB, 323x241)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>690114478
>that photoshop
jesus fucking christ OP why bother lmao
>>
>>690114478
actually a decent concept
how was RE8 anyway? I lost interest before it came out

>>690116680
they already did 5 games with a virus and mutants
2 with a parasite (3 if you ccount the leechmen in RE0)
3 with mold
wonder what they'll do for RE10
>>
>>690114478
>>Leon main character
Might be true guys.
>>
>>690114478
>Leon with a beard

I know it's fake, but it's still retarded.
>>
i heard that G and James from HotD will be unlockable characters
>>
>>690116896
It ended with Chris going after the BSAA Euro branch. The Megamycete was the source.
>>
Here's the thing, anon. Capcom are not going to call their games things like Apocalypse or Extinction even if they use them as codenames because they really don't want brand confusion between their version of Resident Evil and Paul W.S. Anderson's movie series.

I do hope they grow a spine and give the franchise some stakes soon, though. The games have been going absolutely nowhere story-wise since 1999. The movies immediately blew up the world and started killing everyone, including quietly sending a bunch of game characters such as Chris to a magical farm where they could run and play offscreen.
>>
>>690117834
Aside from Damnation, which did Las Plagas, zombies are still the mainstay of the extended media though, so they're still intertwined with the identity of the franchise.
>>
>>690117185
>Wrong dumbass...only Ethan family story is over.
The fact the megamycete is still a thing 16 years later cleary shows that the mold still could be a threat
>>
>>690114478
>The main biological threat is the White Mold
Can't they come up with something new?
>When the Mold completely covers the body of the victims in something like a furry cocoon, various creatures emerge from these cocoons, reflecting ideas about folklore
Ok this has potential to be cool
>White Mold also covers the walls of various rooms, and near these walls the protagonist experiences terrible hallucinations
Inb4 boss fight against the Goo monster from TEW2
>The main character is Adrian Clark
I like that name, it's got serious Ethan Winters everyman vibes
>>
File: ironic.gif (968 KB, 480x270)
968 KB
968 KB GIF
>>690118569
>2024 Capcom
>having a spine
>>
File: GRa80WMWMAAB4AA.jpg (30 KB, 518x410)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>690118569
Get out of this thread Paul!!!
>>
>>690114629
>FPV
Wait, Leon not 3rd person..never mind I just read you don't play as him, and I honestly might believe it because I though back to back Leon games was weird and way too safe, I think FPV only worked with a game where your indoors like RE7, but like I said Adrian Clark sounds like a Ethan character, and its from the RE7 team so i'm kinda excited for this, I just hope its open ended and not gated like RE8 was, that game could have been so much better
>>
File: Tierra-del-Fuego.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1280)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>690114478
>"Tierra del Fuego" island in Southeast Asia;
There's already an island called "Tierra del Fuego" shared by Chile and Argentina, you absolute fucking retard.
>>
>>690114629
>>690114478
Sounds like fuckin shit.
>>
>>690114853
>Village was very much designed with FPV in mind so when they added the third person view, it felt tacked on and not very polished. Ethan floating on ladders, sticking out of closets, even his aiming/weapon posing was off. As long as OTS feels as good as 2/3/4 then I'll be happy. And I say this as someone who liked first person.
Was just thinking about this and downloading Village because I never used 3rd person and been wanting to replay it...is it fun at least?
>>
>>690114478
Why would there be an island called "Tierra del Fuego" in Southeast Asia? That's using Spanish...
>>
>>690116861
The image is irrelevant, there are about a million concept pics like this out there
>>
>>690118961
Wasn't the mold killed for good at the end of the dlc??
>>
>>690117118
A real leak would just use a generic pic they googled, why would it matter?
>>
>>690117185
Capcom using mold again is totally believable. and Village ended with loose ends so the whole mold arc might not be over and BSAA involved
>>
>>690119315
Well thats where it takes place then, who said it was made up, Racoon City was fictional but takes place in Illinois
>>
>>690119814
Maybe its South America not SE Asia, I think I've heard that before too
>>
You should have made up some fake shit about a Code Veronica of 0 remake. It'd be funnier and more believable.
>>
>Tierra del Fuego
>Southeast Asia
Japs can't be this retarded
>>
k keep me posted
>>
>>690122324
>>690119814
probably takes place in the Philippnes. The country has heavy spainish infleuce
>>
>>690119616
It's neat for a play through, for sure. You might even prefer it. The third person mode felt better implemented in Shadows of Rose, in my opinion.
>>
>>690114478
Holy based leonGods won
>>
>>690118569
It pissed me off that they unceremoniously killed off guys like Chris, Leon, and Ada offscreen between movies. Especially with Final Chapter, the way the prior had ended, it made it seem like the last movie was going to be some fun schlock (Alice, Leon, Ada, Jill and Wesker teaming up to go after the Red Queen), but then the next movie just starts with "LOL, Wesker double-crossed everybody, and everyone but Alice died".
>>
>>690120483
South America is not Southeast Asia. I'm guessing the village inspired by the 11 asian countries isn't real, then.
>>
>>690114478
I'll say this is bullshit but I also thought it was bullshit when DMC5 leaked so what do I know
>>
>>690116896
No, he was pissed about his troops having the corpse of a BOW on board the escape chopper, meaning someone is doing some fucked shit.
>>
>>690117834
>RE0 - Virus (Tyrant) & Parasite (T-virus leeches using the bodies)
>RE1 -Virus (Tyrant)
>RE2 - Virus (Tyrant & Golgotha)
>RE3 - Virus (Tyrant) & Parasite (NE-a Type)
>CV/CVX - Virus (Tyrant & t-Veronica)
>RE4 - Parasite (Plagas)
>REV - Virus (t-Abyss)
>RE5 - Virus (Uroboros) & Parasite (Plaga Type 2)
>REV2 - Virus (t-Phobos & Uroboros)
>RE6 - Virus (Chrysalid)
>REVII - Fungal (Mold)
>RE Village - Fungal (Mold) & Parasite (Cadou) I covered it in case you wanted to go in blind.

So that's at least 9 main games that were viral. As for what they could do next, I'm not sure. Maybe some form of bacteria?
>>
>>690122702
There's already a real island in South America called "Tierra del Fuego"
>>
>>690125420
RE games don't use real location names, that could either be a placeholder name or a nickname for a new place
>>
>first person
It's joever.
>>
>>690114478
>leon
>beard
this should be illegal
>>
"tierra del fuego" east asían???? I'm not following why the spanish name
>>
>>690114478
>main character is a straight guy who had a wife and child

Calling bullshit right there. Modern Capcom considers that to be socially unacceptable, they'd only have a woman or gay man as the main character.
>>
>>690122702
Philippine islands aren't named after Spaniards
>>
>>690123605
It worked when Alien 3 did it. Killing off Newt and Hicks offscreen is one of the most applauded and definitely not controversial choices that movie made.
>>
>>690114478
>>690114629
I believe it.
Capcom's not gonna announce any major projects for the rest of the year do to putting all eggs into Monstah Hunteru.
Village got leaked early as well
>>
>>690123605
>Especially with Final Chapter, the way the prior had ended, it made it seem like the last movie was going to be some fun schlock (Alice, Leon, Ada, Jill and Wesker teaming up to go after the Red Queen)
That was the plan. Then things went sideways due to a budget cut and studio politics.
>then the next movie just starts with "LOL, Wesker double-crossed everybody, and everyone but Alice died".
To be clear, the movie never says they died. You just assume they died. But it never says that.
>>
>>690125341
>Virus (Uroboros) & Parasite (Plaga Type 2)
I thought uroboros was a parasite
>>
>>690130738
Uroboros is an RNA virus that comes from the Progenitor family, like the t-Virus and others. But the Uroboros virus is much closer to the Progenitor's natural state. When Wesker was using Progenitor on the Ndipaya tribes, the lethality rate was too high. He made a new strain "Uroboros" by mixing with the t-Virus anti bodies found inside of Jill Valentine then began testing on them. The Reapers (big roaches) were the first successful test subjects. The rest of the denizens in Kijuju were Plaga-Type 2, which was a superior versions of the ones from Spain, as these could withstand direct sunlight (flash grenades still kill them).
>>
>>690114478
If it's not sexy women virus, we don't want it Capcom.
>>
>>690114478
>>690114629
That's bullshit but I believe it. Crapcom won't let go of the mold until someone breaks their fucking hands and forces them to drop it.
>>
>>690114478
White mold? Will it bring my boy Ethan back?
Will MC be faceless again? Will he die?
Let him fuck Jill and Claire as a wife replacement.
>>
>>690114478
>idiots will genuinely believe this kid's copypasta because WOW HE SAID IT ON 4CHAN IT MUST BE TRUE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.