[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: punishing but fair.png (151 KB, 322x263)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
Have you noticed it recently? People are finally starting to wise up to all the bullshit these so called "gaming essay" grifter channels spew. They cherrypick and splice footage, deliberately mislead the player, outright lie about mechanics, and fundamentally misunderstood the appeal of the series established in Demon's Souls.
>>
>>690764829
Anti-DS2 fags were pretty blatant about not playing DS1, which they endlessly defend as a perfect game and DS2 was the massive step down. Every single argument they present can be directly linked to DS1.
>hitboxes are bad
The hitboxes in DS1 are schizophrenic. Titanite demon has damage frames for his tail when it isn't moving, taurus demon *sometimes* has feet that hurt. Also with taurus demon there's a lag between the smoke cloud and the actual damagebox which is why it roll catches you. Centipede demon.
>lifegems ughhhh the game is so easy!
Humanities could stack to 99 and were full heals. The lowest lifegem, which is the only one you can really stock up, is so trash it will not save you except for a runback to the bonfire. That's not even including twin-humanities which cheat engine players would stock to 99.
>gangbang encounters
Skeletons. Just the skeletons in general.
>trash movement
Locking on in DS1 locked you to 4-directions. DS2 fixed that. It's objectively better. This one is the biggest clue they never played DS1.

And they present all these arguments with such smug confidence and it inspired me to check the sales of the original Dark Souls and it didn't beat DS2 and DS3 was the first "super" success. They're fake fans.
>>
>>690764829
>The engoodening
Don't even have to read any further to know you're a shit eating nigger retard.
>>
DS2 remains the highest reviewed game in the trilogy
The problem emerged when Bloodborne came out a year later, it just savagely mogs DS2 in terms of world design, boss design, story, and ushered in the "modern" Souls gameplay design that carried through DS3 and Elden Ring. Even if you love DS2, you have to admit that DS2 compares extremely unfavorably to Bloodborne in many aspects.

So it was basically like this
DS1 comes out
>This is great!
DS2 comes out
>This is great
BB comes out
>Damn, this game makes DS2 look like a total piece of shit

But now that the dust has settled I think most people are able to appreciate DS2 for what it is and what it isn't. And it's a great game! Beyond that I think Dark Souls 1-3 should now be enjoyed as a complete piece of media instead of individual games these days - I truly think the people who skip DS2 and go straight from 1 to 3 are the biggest retards of all
>>
>>690766331
butthurt matthewmatosis fanboy lel

that mick rat went into hiding ever since this video dropped
>>
DS2 is THE single most overhated game of all time
>>
>>690766407
Not at all. Bloodborne completely removed the fantasy RPG aspect and just made a shitty barebones character action clone. Bloodborne is not just bad as a Souls game, it's not even a good game just in general.
>30fps with massive input lag is totally unacceptable in a fast-paced action RPG
>huge lack of item variety
>huge lack of build variety
>no shields and a complete lack of armor and weapon variety
>huge lack of magic/pyro/sorc/miracle variety
>lack of environmental variety. Way too many dark, dank, gothic labyrinths
>PvP is practically nonexistent
>items go up in price way too fast and way too high. Killing a boss midgame gives you enough blood echoes for a measly 2 (TWO) sedatives
>can't activate lamps as a checkpoint or use it to respawn enemies
>have to fast travel twice instead of just being able to fast travel directly from lamp to lamp
>a lot of shortcuts still require 2-3+ minutes of continuous sprinting to get to the boss
>some cheap and just overall annoying mechanics (frenzy ohkoes you unless you have 30+ vit and full health, and even with tons of frenzy res, you have to spam sedatives)
>a lot of bosses are just too weak and underwhelming
>sometimes killing a boss (amelia, BSB, etc.) arbitrarily opens a door halfway across the world with absolutely no indication that a pathway was opened at all, let alone where
>multiple enemies are reused multiple times with just higher HP pools. Overall lack of enemy variety as well
>chromatic aberration
>chalice dungeons are repetitive and uninspired
>whole game has serious balance issues that I never had with Souls. Some grunt enemies do arbitrarily high amounts of damage, while big, slow guys in the same area do less than the smaller grunt enemies. Tough enemies drop few blood echoes, while easy enemies drop loads. Seems to be bizarro balancing all across the game and especially in chalice dungeons
>>
No amount of video essay slop is going to convince me getting teleported into a grab attack is actually good.
>>
>>690766938
Iron Golem did it worse than any DS2 boss.
>>
DS2 will never be good
>>
>>690766907
I said some aspects you giga autist, and no im not reading your whole post
>>
File: 1727843758709386.jpg (125 KB, 516x760)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>690764829
The fuck is a grifter and why do I see it posted in every thread?
>>
File: NOT VIDEO GAMES.jpg (1.15 MB, 1920x2474)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>690764829
Video games, stupid faggot, VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>690767304
>it's so heckin' good and perfecterino that it makes Souls 1 and 2 shit by comparison!!!
>w-w-well actually I meant it's only a bit better in a few ways!!
It's not even a good game, it's a huge step back in the series and also exacerbated the issues many people have with Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring.
>>
File: 1727974372993319.webm (3.87 MB, 720x405)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
>but DS2 has bad grab hitboxes
>>
>>690766938
Every grab in DS2 is much less worse than Iron Golem, Gaping Dragon, Dancer and Curserotted Greatwood
>>
>>690768728
I'll give you the rest, but there's nothing wrong with Dancer's grab.
>>
>>690764829
Nigga you just outed yourself as the owner of that channel in the last thread lol
>>
>>690764829
Been wondering about this lately since I just finished DS1, not sure if I should replay DS1 or go to DS2 or DS3
Joseph Anderson says Sekiro > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 1 > Elden Ring > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 > Demon's Souls
>>
>>690769007
That was a pic from /vg/
>>
>>690764829
The coordinated hate campaign against DS2 is very obvious, and it's so weird how no one calls it out.
>>
File: proxy-image.gif (586 KB, 220x124)
586 KB
586 KB GIF
>>690764829
dark souls 2 is still the best one
>>
>>690768973
Dancer has a massively inflated grab hitbox that goes all the way up to her should and lingers for too long

There's hundreds of videos on YouTube of people getting teleported into the grab from several feet away
>>
>>690764829
ds2 looks different compared to all the other dark souls games so people single it out. nobody actually plays video games so they wouldnt know anything about the gameplay
>>
>>690764829
The irish prick is a retard on Souls in general.
>>
>>690768359
I just now noticed where the fucking SOTE dlc furnace guys got their moveset from...cause they do that grab too.
>>
>>690764829
DeS and DS2 are my favorite.
>>
>>690767448
The actual (e-celeb) definition is a youtuber who spams low-effort videos about controversial topics to make money.
>>
The problem with DS2 gaslighting is that people can literally just play the game and see for themselves how janky and shitty it feels, how the level and encounter design is consistently awful after the first few maps, and it's so obvious that you'd genuinely have to be a retard (and in this case I don't use the word lightly, even though usually I do) not to notice that

Also SotFS is an awful rerelease. Imagine if they took a good game like DS1 and just arbitrarily changed the entire enemy placement and now that's the official version of the game. Wouldn't happen. You'd have to have zero respect for the original work to do that.
>>
What do you mean by "engoodening". Dark Souls 2 has always been based. I'm just waiting to see if zoomzooms actually realize Bloodborne is a walking simulator in spirit (everything besides the aesthetic sucks cock)
>>
>>690769507
Anyone that thinks that SotFS ruined the enemy placement clearly never played OG DS2

Vanilla Dragon Shrine is the worst area in FromSoft history. Shrine of Amana used to be pure cancer and is fine now. Undead Crypt was just mindless enemy spam.

Even the Forest started out with several ganks back to back
>>
>>690766938
You were not teleported, you were hit but the animation is too slow to hide the relocation of your model. We've been over this
>>
>>690764829
it's still shit and no amount of shilling will change that
>>
>>690769804
and nothing in DS2 compares to the teleportation from Iron Golem or Gaping Dragon

The camera can't even keep up with you getting teleported half a football field
>>
>>690769020
Play them as they were released.
>>
I played DS1 then DeS then DS2. DS2 fuckin' sucked. I had to switch to Magic because melee wasn't fun. It wasn't that magic was fun, it just let me power through the game so I'd never have to touch it again. I've tried to replay it a few times since I never played the DLC but I always quit about 2 hours in. It just feels bad to play.
>>
>>690764829
Bro Mauler about to make a 15 hour long video where he condescendingly picks apart this video second-by-second just to finally and rationally prove that his opinion on a video game is correct
>>
>>690769020
it should be 1 (first playthrough, dont even need to finish it yet), des, 1 (finish it), 2, bloodborne, 3, get bored and play elden ring instead

I still haven't played sekiro all the way through, but that shit is cash
>>
>>690765560
Alright fuck it I'll bite
>hitboxes are bad
Both games have weird hitboxes, but DS1 has better and more fun ways to deal with them. I-Frames on light roll were good enough to dodge through most weird hurt boxes, and fully-leveled Twinkling Titanite armor was good enough to Facetank. In DS2, i-frames on roll suck even at soft-cap ADP, and there aren't enough good damage mitigation options, making the bad hurt boxes more egregious.
>lifegems ughhhh the game is so easy
Yeah, both games give you a lot of healing. DS2's heals are less fun though because of how slow they come out.
>gangbang encounters
In DS1, all enemies can be picked off from a group, or your given fun ways to deal with the gank. For example, skeletons can be beaten while they're constructing themselves, capra demon dogs can be isolated in that small staircase, the burg assassins can be killed before they pop out of the doors, etc. The only exception to this rule is the group of large skeletons guarding the ember. DS2 introduces the mechanic where if one enemy is aggro'd, his buddies aggro too. A lot of these ganks happen in wide open areas where you can't use terrain to help deal with the encounter, which is not super fun.
>trash movement
DS1 has better movement than DS2. General walking and running is comparable enough, although different. Rolling, however, isn't as fun or good in DS2 as it is in DS1. I-frames in DS1 are very clearly telegraphed, with the light-roll lingering in the air for a little bit to indicate how long the I-frame lasts. In DS2, it's all just one fluid motion with no indication as to where invincibility starts or ends. While DS2 introduced 8 directional rolling while locked on, players have been able to roll in ALL directions while unlocked since demon souls. With the slow pace of combat in DS1 and 2, 8 directional rolling while locked on is a non-issue.
>>
DS2 has a lack of polish but the mechanics were solid.
That's why both DS3 and ER used most of the mechanics it pioneered.
>>
>>690771670
>That's why both DS3 and ER used most of the mechanics it pioneered.
Both of which I rate lower than everything but DS2.
>>
>>690772214
That's nice.
Have you considered trepanation?
>>
>>690772214
I think the mechanics of DS3 and ER in a vacuum are fine, but christ almighty if they aren't weighed down by the enemies and maps they are surrounded by
>>
>>690764829
Stop shilling your garbage ass opinion here for likes. You had this shit put up earlier and people were calling you out because you left in the creator buttons. DaS2 is shit, and it's not just because of the gameplay you autistic faggot.
>>
>>690772347
No. Have you?
>>
>>690767536
hey hey people
>>
>>690772537
>faggots shill their videos here
I have never and will never look up any of these.
>>
I saved my playthrough of DS2 for after I played King's Field 1-4, and it felt perfect. It's got the most actual dungeon crawler DNA of the Souls games, gank squads and bullshit traps are just part of the fun. There's like no penalty for dying in these games, learn to laugh off the mishaps and press on

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.