[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1727824748175.jpg (42 KB, 478x641)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Why this remake (and the Mafia series in general) never get discussed on /v/?
>>
>>690832976
Cause it was never that popular outside of Europe. And even there it didn't get attention on the same level of GTA - or even the old Saints Row games.
>>
>>690832976
because the remake was shit and the only legacy of mafia 3 is
>go to the bathroom your shitten yerself
>>
>>690832976
Because it's soulless slop. I'm not even talking about the changes made to make female characters more muh strong and independent. I couldn't make it past the opening cutscene at first on account of the idiotic over the top accents. The original mafia was a game defined by a depection of its setting and themes through nuance and understatement (at least for a totally non-American developer ). The remake is the gabagool tier parody that ruined Mafia 2 and 3
>>
File: 002-6211.gif (948 KB, 155x173)
948 KB
948 KB GIF
Mafia The City of Lost Haven - ludokino
Mafia II - ludokino
Mafia III - ass
Mafia DE - ass
most /v/plebs only know about the last two and refuse to play games which aren't bing bing wahoo popular new thing so they don't know about the first two even though they are incredible games
>>
>>690832976
not yet
>>
File: mafia screenshot (2).png (2.51 MB, 1280x1024)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
I played the shit out of the first one when I was a teen, got to know Lost Heaven like the back of my hand

But I can't go back to it now, those photo-texture graphics are painful to look at
>>
The dialogue and writing was so improved for the remake it was ridiculous.
>>
>>690832976
The first one has been on my backlog for so long, I'll probably never play it. Is the remake better?
>>
>>690836630
In ways
Its tommy gun is useable at least
>>
>>690832976
Because aside from Mafia III there isn't much to shitpost about.
>>
/v/ is about getting mad at whatever the FOTM issue influencers tell you to be mad about not discussion of games
>>
>>690834519
>Mafia II
Reminder tha canonically Henry wasn't a snitch. It was NOT in the original script.

>>690836663
And it's not in the original?
Just play "A Great Deal" and practice in the garage if you lack the skill to control the recoil.
>>
>>690834914
>muh graphics
Really?
I'd say it holds up very good, both gameplay and graphics.
Is it dated? Yes. Does it really matter? No.
>>
>>690837460
I used it in the day, but found it best to just tap out single shots at a time and stunlock enemies to death with it, just not as satisfying as blazing away in any other game
>>
>>690832976
i think the city was recreated pretty faithfully (except the countryside) and the game looked pretty good for the most part
that's all there is however, the story got fucking butchered and the gameplay became generic slop
>>
File: 1728036035991604.webm (1.86 MB, 1280x720)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB WEBM
>>690837202
Mafia III was truly embarrassing...
>>
>>690832976
Mafia DE is a phenomenal game and a great remake. Deserves a regular spot on the catalogue.
>>
>>690834914
What a poser
>>
It was a great comeback from the open world slop that was Mafia 3, a return to the things that made the series stand out to begin with: Story focused, linear and fun game set within a huge map.
It's hated on /v/ because the majority here only know about Mafia 3.
>>
>>690832976
because /v/ loves vavra and he said it sucks
>>
>>690845814
This but unironically.
>>
>>690834914
>>690832976
Games are toys and the age like milk for the most part. "This game was GREAT!" is always from nostalgia as a kid too.

Dont know why so many people have a hard time admitting this
>>
chud board with bad taste
>>
>>690834519
>and refuse to play games which aren't bing bing wahoo popular new thing

I've been wanting to do an obscure games thread to see what /v/ comes up with. I don't have high hopes, but I really want to see what kind of "hidden gems" /v/ has. It's so tiresome to see "New Slop Releases" threads every day rather than reminiscing about older amazing games. I don't fucking care about the Silent Hill 2 Remake anons!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.