[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: AotADS3.png (1.83 MB, 1277x1600)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
Previous Bonfire: >>488060012

News
>https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-version-1123
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/armored-core/news/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-ranked-match-season-update-notice-may-2024

>The main information documents for Elden Ring (/erg/), Dark Souls (/dsg/), Bloodborne (/bbg/), Demon's Souls, Sekiro, King's Field and Armored Core (/acg/)
https://rentry.org/fsgInfo

>Soulslike games like Nioh, Lies of P, Code Vein, Lords of the Fallen, etc...
https://store.steampowered.com/tags/en/Souls-like
>>
File: 1720837518861463.jpg (1.64 MB, 3200x3200)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
marika's toes
>>
anyone watching kai cenat
>>
Has he beat infirmary werewolf yet
>>
idk i never played bloodborne sorry he's at the cleric beast
>>
He probably beat it then.
He'll die less than ER but unless he does the cum chalice he's gonna be here for a long time because of bullet and vial grind. No boss in bb is harder than consort radahn or even most of the dlc bosses but he'll spend a lot of time in the levels for sure.
>>
>>488746737
jesus
>>
>>488747709
I wish I still had my PS4 so I could do a cheeky playthrough of Bloodborne to refresh my memory of how difficult it is / isn't. I remember it being pretty easy between 20 blood vials, rally, and how agile the hunter is. Watching Cleric Beast flail around on the other side of the arena from the loud black man is not casting doubt on that memory.
>>
>>488748414
Gascoigne will probably get stuck on the graves for him, too.
The only base game bosses in BB that are hard/annoying are Bloodletting Beast and Paarl. The former is just strafing left, but you're fucked if you let him combo you and antidotes are a scam. You should just strafe left the entire time and just heal through the poison. The latter is entirely dependent on when you fight it as it's a visual nightmare, can one shot you, and barely crumbles if you fight it early. But fighting it after the blood moon rises is super easy. Amelia and Gascoigne are have roll catch combos that'll just kill you but that's it, Amelia usually saves hers for when she's almost dead too so you can just not encounter it.
>>
>>488748965
>Bloodletting Beast
There's no way he even encounters this asshole, right? At worst, he might encounter Watchdog of the Old Lords, which is a filter for a lot of people. I think I fought Paarl late on my first playthrough because why would I ever get myself kidnapped blind? So I have no opinion on him.
>>
>>488749271
Wait, I meant the other thing. Sorry, Blood-Starved Beast. He's probably not doing chalices.
I got kidnapped blind because the guy one shot me and then I got the cutscene. The area is a lot different before the blood-moon. I think he'll get kidnapped, it's also a good farming spot.
>>
>>488748965
Ebrietas charge go brrrrrr
>>
>>488749603
That's not her worst move. Her worst is the lasers above her head when she's about to die that you won't see because fighting her while hugging is so effective and they just kill you. It's one of those things like Radahn's new triple meteor where you die once then never again.
>>
>>488749735
>It's one of those things like Radahn's new triple meteor where you die once then never again.
I personally don't consider this move a knowledge check because it's so similar to the meteor from festival Radahn. Your first instinct should be to run away and look up; except in the case of consort Radahn's meteor, just running away is sufficient (whereas it's possible to run in the wrong direction for festival Radahn's meteor). Rellana's twin moons are the real knowledge check in the DLC, because it's so visually similar to Rennala's moon but behaves in an entirely different way. It's a bait-and-switch that'll only ever hit you once.

>>488749447
>BSB
This guy either kicks my ass or is a complete pushover, and I never know why.
>>
How different is PS3 demon souls (offline) compared to the remake?
I can emulate the PS3 version just fine
>>
>>488750497
When the move first happened I didn't see the light in the sky. It only appears in one direction this time, he got me from behind because I was looking where I was facing which is how the old one worked.
Rellana's moon applies too though yeah. That one is more egregious just to fuck with you.
>>
>>488750506
Too much to name, but the game does feel a lot different. There are new animations and visual effects but the mechanics are still the same so it feels like some skyrim mod. But that's not the worst part, if I had to generalize it... I'd say they remade Demon's Souls to be more welcoming, visually, Dark Souls and Bloodborne fans while also taking their own creative liberties. And to give an example, they made the Moonlight Greatsword a lot more Bloodborne-esque with laser sword cutting sounds instead of the crystalline blade of the original.
>>
>>488750506
I feel like this video says more than I ever could with words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK61dhXRZR4
>>
>>488751838
And for clarification, without spoiling much, this is the most uncerimonious MLG acquisition in the series, and probably in the top 5 in all from games. I think in Armored Core: Master of Arena, you can just buy it, and idk how it works in other AC games besides AC6.
>>
>>488750506
everything is just visual
i guess there's a new feature where you can play a level but flipped on the y-axis
>>
>>488752108
Kek I forgot about that. What a weird mode.
The only cool thing they did was the penetrator armor. Penetrator swapping his weapon effect was cool too just from the perspective that I'll always play the original again, so seeing him with cursed weapon instead of light weapon is neat.
>>
File: Ebrietas.webm (2.58 MB, 640x360)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB WEBM
>>488749735
Her worst move is to pretend to give you a perfect opportunity,
only for you to get greedy, realize OH FUCK SHE'S NOT DEAD SHOOT HER SHOOT HER!
Then she grabs you and outsources the kill to a frenzy proc as a mic drop.
>>
>>488752626
Midra did this to me except I tried strafing the side of one attack and his hitbox is a big fucked up for it.
>>
File: file.png (789 KB, 640x640)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
>>488749808
>imagine thinking sony gives a singular fuck about what some upper-medium tier streamer does in america
even doe bandai mails him exclusive merch for free
>>
Kai's not doing too bad.
>>
>>488753395
>Nigga gets to suck on Malenia's for free
I kneel
>>
>>488753516
It really puts in perspective how bad you have to be to get filtered by these games when the loud black man whose vocabulary is limited to
>BITCH
>NIGGA
>BIG DICK
>FUCK YOU
>W
>AYO CHAT
is able to breeze through this
>>
Kai puts in the work I'll say that.
Also Black Godfrey in the Elden Ring run was funny as fuck.
>>
>>488754003
>breeze
He's still at 18 deaths and keeps dying to common mobs.
>>
After replaying elden ring for the dlc, I've come to a realization that this game's open world is utterly boring to play I do hope they return to their old level design.
>>
File: 1647099319383.jpg (242 KB, 1280x720)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
When was it for you?
>>
>>488756019
It's atrocious. Clearing out caves of trash mobs Toddslop-style is not something that should ever be allowed to appear in a From title. Exploring is kind of fun for a while, but as you have noticed the novelty wears off quick.
>>
>>488756019
I trust FromSoft. Their biggest blunders resulted from doing what was expected or demanded of them. Elden Ring was an interesting attempt at an open world game, but I think the open world is largely incompatible with what's best about their games. Sekiro and AC6 give me hope that they'll just keep doing whatever they want to do, and Miyazaki still seems like he wants to make his "perfect RPG". If the Spellbound leak was real, it's more or less what I want: a return to form with some lessons learned from ER.
>>
>>488756679
I thought it was a fine game from the start desu. I had my issues along the way but it's still on THAT shelf, ya know. The good game shelf.
>>488756019
That's what stops me from replaying the game normally the most.
>>
kai cenat said this game is bad
>>
>>488756679
why do you keep posting this shit in every thread
>>
>>488761307
Open your third eye
>>
>>488756679
To complete the scene, replace spider-man being back with visiting frigid outskirts or something idfk.
>>
>>488753395
>bandai marketting division sends some streamer nigger merch so that means sony will pander their business strategy to him
whats it like having sub 60 iq
>>
>>488761740
dumb esl
>>
>>488756019
Wouldn't mind another open world from them as long as they actually design the game systems around the open world instead of lifting everything directly from Dark Souls with little to no changes.
>>
File: 507.jpg (12 KB, 306x306)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>488761740
>social media never has any, ANY influence over what companies do
>>
>>488762521
didnt say that i said sony wont reconsider their exclusivity business strategy because of a fucking nigger streamer lol
how dumb are you
>>
>>488762740
retarded millennial
do you know how much companies pay streamers for deals?
>>
>>488763041
Yeah about the price of 0.0001% of their bloodborne sales
you have absolutely no concept of money, I bet you live with your parents still
>>
File: file.png (47 KB, 671x263)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>488763140
7.5 million sales on bloodborne
that's 450M in (gross) revenue
.0001% tho because you're good with numbers
>>
>>488763412
lol you are absolutely retarded if you think streamers get paid 30m to play a game
read what you posted properly, little retard
>>
>>488763801
That's not what he's implying. holy shit you're stupid
>>
>>488763918
No fuck off actually read what you posted
it's an exclusivity deal so ninja fucked off twitch and went to mixer. This is comparable to why sony is keeping bloodborne exclusive to sony platforms, it's because they want the platform to be strong and thats owrth EXTREME values of money
people like kai cenat get paid 20k to play a game tops. These are the numbers involved, retarded bitch

Also stop samefagging you obnoxious little cunt it's literally just us 2 awake in this general and you keep doing this schizo shit. Weirdo
>>
I'm awake but I'm not participating in whatever this schizo discourse is
>>
>>488764146
schizo
>>
Imagine thinking Sony will give up one of their main reasons for PS4 sales just because a streamer asked nicely. E-Celebs aren't as important as you think, this is about billions of dollars of revenue
>>
Does Kai like bloodborne so far? Is there an actual chance for a remaster now?
>>
>>488764527
no, Bloodborne will remain sony exclusive just like DeS has, they're just kikes like that
>>
>>488764667
i hate the japanese!!!!
>>
exclusive deals to a platform is a cuck deal though, unless the platform is going to do a lot more other than just sending you money
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (265 KB, 1971x1212)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>488763801
>>488764146
I'm too tired to explain to you as to why you're a retard but you're out of touch if you think a streamer with 12 million followers on twitch that gets 100k active viewers (that's almost as many people as are playing Elden ring right now btw) has no influence on companies. Maybe Fromsoft or Sony doesn't give a shit, but Bandai Namco sure does and they will pass on the pressure to other companies. DS2 was gutted because Bandai wanted to stick to a release date.

>20k to play a game tops
lol

>This is comparable to why sony is keeping bloodborne exclusive to sony platforms
Sony does not make billions off keeping bloodborne a ps exclusive, fuckwit. And they're already porting their actual popular titles (like spider man, which has sold almost 5x as many copies as bloodborne btw) to PC.

>>488764452
>billions of dollars of revenue
Oh you're actually fucking retarded. What's 7.5M x $60? The DeS Remake sold 2 Million copies. You tell me what 2M x $70 is. Billions? lol
>>
>>488765129
>has no influence on companies.
Nigger, that depends entirelyon the company and what exactly they're going to accomplish. I already explained this to you, but for Sony, holding exclusivity rights to Bloodborne is a multi billion dollar boon. They're not going to pander to some random streamer, not to any streamer, just to throw away a big chunk of that for a couple million bucks in PC sales. You're delusional.

>Sony does not make billions off keeping bloodborne a ps exclusive,
Delusional. The only reason to buy a console at any given point is exclusive games. They're not weakening that roster. Nobody gives a shit about spiderman, it's a throwaway title and doesn't actually create FOMO.
>>
File: file.png (63 KB, 766x796)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>488765410
>Nobody gives a shit about spiderman, it's a throwaway title and doesn't actually create FOMO.
Quit while you're behind
Retarded Millennial faggot
>>
>people buying BB in 2024
KEK
>>
>>488765129
>100k active viewers
why do people even watch those? it's literally impossible to interact with the streamer or with the chat in any significant way, the fuckers don't even read donations anymore unless it's +100
>>
>>488765549
Nah fuck off, nobody is buying a PS4 for a spiderman game. Lots of people buy a PS4 for bloodborne. The difference isn't how much spiderman sells with marvel normies, the difference is in how strong of a draw the franchise creates to convince the average non-playstation owner to buy the console.
>>
File: 1719301727701003.jpg (347 KB, 2212x1640)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>Nah fuck off, nobody is buying a PS4 for a spiderman game
how is it possible to be a boomer in your 30s
>>
bleeborne
>>
>spritestones are really fun
>but they scale off of ARC and virtually nothing except global boosts like RTSR / ritual sword talisman / poison- and bleed-related buffs increase their damage
>not even terra magica even though they deal magic damage
th-thanks fromsoft... ARC/INT eatin' g-good, haha...
>>
>>488765897
not my fault you don't understand business strategy, retard frogposter. You're just like those retards who kept whining about DeS. It's never ever fucking gonna happen nigger we have 15 years of proof. End yourself
>>
>>spritestones are really fun
AHAHAHAHA
>>not even terra magica even though they deal magic damage
They deal phys/magic
>>
I refuse to believe people buy a whole new computer just to run a single program
>>
>>488766613
niggers drop their welfare check to buy the latest 2k game every year
a bloodborne port is not out of the question, since sony has decided that its more profitable to port exclusives to pc as well
>>
>>488766613
I mean, I have the money and a job. Decided to treat myself with a ps4 and bloodborne one day. Got my ps4 slim used too. Even if a port came out tomorrow I wouldn't be disappointed.
>>
>>488766613
I would probably do it if I didnt have to pay a sub to play online. That's one of the most jewish schemes I've ever come across. Any other online service can provide the servers with the purchase price of the software or the hardware, but nope, not this retarded jewish piece of shit
>>
>>488769292
Oh yeah that's the worst part of it all. Consoles jewed out so fucking hard. Oh great I have to pay twice for internet.
>>
>>488769407
you are a retarded millenial doe, they need the money for server upkeep
>>
Do you have to summon the two dudes against Radahn for their quests and gear? This NG+ scaled and Summon boosted healthbar is killing me.
>>
no
>>
>>488771251
No
>>
>>488771251
Yes, check reddit the other two people here are trolling you
>>
>>488771251
only summons inside the arena are worth the summon to advance their quest
>>
>>488771509
>>488771529
>>488772483
>>488772541
Thanks guys, you've been really helpful. I think I will take your advice and play Dark Souls 2 instead.
>>
Where am I right after tomb of the giants in relation to the rest of the world
>>
>>488774225
logically, you'd be above ash lake and slightly above or level with lost izalith
>>
>>488773463
unironically enjoying Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin right now
>>
File: 20240803014045_1.jpg (795 KB, 2560x1440)
795 KB
795 KB JPG
VAGRANT!!
>>
>>488775063
I love that game, probably my favourite considering how long I played it for. After I finally beat Radahn I'm thinking about playing Bloodborne again 7-8 years later to see if it's as good as I remember it like DS2 was, but I doubt I'll like it that much going by how little I remember about it.
>>
It's Sony. They won't do shit and continue to be retarded and malicious, forget about a port. Fuck Sony
>>
>ZOINKS? What do you mean you want a DIVORCE, Radagon sama?! EHHH?! You want to marry MARIKA? Who is your TWIN HALF? Who canonically has a HUGE ASS and RACK? And because GRRM wrote this story you want to have INBRED BABIES who become VESSELS for OUTER GODS? And one your kids will be a SHOTA FEMBOY who... WHO MARRIES OUR SON RADAHN? And then my SISTER will fall for MESMER and stick his SERPANT up her ABYSS? A case of TRIPLE INCEST? And I'll be STUCK in my castle with nothing but an amber egg? Giving BIRTH to retarded cripples for ETERNITY?
>what can I say but YABBA DABBA DOO, CAN I WATCH TOO?
>>
>>488778645
This isn't /v/
>>
File: Yabba dabbalenia.jpg (117 KB, 758x814)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>*Ring ring*
>Hello, this is Malenia with Hotwife (male) Services, how may I direct your cock?
>Uh huh... Uh huh... You said there are FIVE of you? At ten inches a pop?
>And what time would you like to plow my brother?
>And would you like the Express or Deluxe package? Deluxe means I leave for the entire night and you can try to knock her up. For an extra fee I'll be on call to bring snacks and condoms.
>Okay, so I have Radahn, Mesmer, Gaius, and Mohg down for 8 PM, Deluxe Package plus cuckqueen duty for me. Thanks!
>*slams phone down* HOLY HOPPIN HAPPY HORSESHIT, MIQUELLA!!! WE'VE GOT 4 VIRILE BOSS BVLLS COMING TONIGHT TO FUCK YOU INTO THE NEXT DIMENSION!!! BETTER START STRETCHING THOSE BUSSY WALLS, BECAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>488775424
nice find.
>>
File: 20240803034400_1.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Why is punching people and watching the poison kill em so good ?
>>
SotFS missed an opportunity to replace the corrupted Ornstein in Cathedral of Blue with a corrupted Smough that emits toxic gas when he does his butt slam.
>>
File: file.png (3.7 MB, 1265x1758)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB PNG
Help how do I get here?
>>
>>488781848
actually not bad if they replaced that dragon with farting smough
>>
>>488782140
can you expand the image I can't see much
>>
regarding the kai senate basketball streamer bb pc argument you guys had:
i think he already knows bbpc is coming and he is a part of the marketing following up to the 2025 anniversary release
>>
>kai cenat beat gascoigne the first time he saw phase 2
this nigga can actually parry shiet cuh he hit him wit da blicky
>>
>>488785604
He croaked 15 times to Bloodstarved because he can't pop caps like that.
>>
>>488775424
where is this
i can't tell
>>
>>488787896
Looks like the area before Nito
>>
Okay I know the perfect solution to fix das2
Heide's Tower of Flame is now canonically a corrupted version of Anor Londo. Replace all Old Knights with green Silver Knights. When you backstab them they get gassy and emit a poison cloud (this fits das2 since the game is obsessed with anti backstab tactics). Instead of greatbow knights we have knights that fling dung pies at you.
>>
File: 1704991813893498.jpg (37 KB, 640x555)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Unpopular opinion: Respeccing is far more cucked than using spirit-ashes.
>>
>>488782140
try up
>>
Insider here, DLC2 is on the way and will feature the following bosses
>Divine Beast Human Centipede
>Retard, No Moon Knight
>Grafted Penis Scion
>Countess Putin, Father of Penis Grafting
>Belfry Divine Beast Warriors (there are 10 of them)
>Blade Bearer and Cannoneer
>Dark Souls 2 Ogre carrying a Shrine of Amana Priestess
>>
>>488794335
>playing with just one build
It is not necessarily to beat bosses, but to have fun with new stuff.
>>
>>488798336
>Blade Bearer and Cannoneer
But which version?
>>
>>488799123
There are different versions?
>>
>>488801482
There's one in the depths that goes full OnS with the surviving one of the pair absorbing the power of the other one for more fiverse moves.
Good fun.
>>
>>488802157
Jesus
>>
File: hq720 (1).jpg (122 KB, 686x386)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
think Dark Souls 1 sanctuary Guardian is a very underrated boss from Fromsoftware.
Very fun to fight.
Cool take on a manticore.
Lovely flowing mane.
Sick horns.
One of my favorites
>>
I hate the camera in ER so much.
>>
>>488805040
Fightning 2 of these assholes was brutal. Harder than manus or anything else in the game
>>
>>488785604
>nigger just shoots everyone (in bloodborne)
fitting
>>
Why didn't you tell me Nioh was fun? The ninja man pulls a cat out of his shirt, now that's kino.
>>
>>488813089
Nioh 2 is really fun when you get all your moves
Having a baseline of 2 weapons at any time (without costing additional equip load) should be the norm for fromsoft games too tbqh. Basically trick weapons without the hassle.
>>
>>488813543
Even if I could use only one weapon at once the 3 stances are already pretty interesting. It's like having 6 different options swappable on the fly. Although to be fair dark souls has one and two handed movesets + power stancing.
>>
File: 1711495888351434.png (165 KB, 528x456)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
new jay nine
>>
Just beat Messmer with Marika's Hammer.
Is that what parenting is like?
>>
>>488765593
How else would I play it?
>>
>>488774225
Fun fact: if both Tomb and New Londo with abyss would be loaded at the same time they would slightly overlap. So you are in Abyss...
>>
>>488785604
>discussing inorganically marketted streamers playing a game for marketting reasons
kinda pathetic fampai
>>
>>488761307

Demon's Souls (original) and Dark Souls 2 are the only good games in this cocksucking franchise. Dork Rolls was 100% astroturfed on reddit and youtube when it came out, more than any other game before that, possibly more than any other game since.
>>
Yoooo kai cenat just got a pair of underpants with the hunter on it
>>
>>488822585
imagine going on reddit, a website that only exists for astroturfing, and then being all like
>heh I hate astroturfing and can spot it from a mile away
>>
File: facetanking godskin.webm (3.93 MB, 852x480)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
>>488794335
>image
bitch, like i give a fuck
>>
>>488823949
>ironjar aromatics
>endure
>malenias rune
>prayerful strike
>passive poise
>wild strikes
>great stars
this is the easiest game for strength monkeys to tank everything and they still complain
>>
so why is it that it's not required to use humanity to light a bonfire?
>>
>>488824847
STRbabs haven't been complaining since the patch that made attacks other than jump attacks usable
>>
The depths of your foolishness!
>>
strengthDEITIES sleep easy knowing that they have the objective best general build in the game
>>
hasn't strength just always been better than dex in pve though? Poise and str specifically
>can just trade hits
>your trades stun everything but bosses so you always win the trade
In ER your trades even stun bosses too lol
>>
>>488826667
Until they decide
>bored now check this hyper armor combo
>>
how’s kai doing
>>488826340
in ds3 qualityEMPERORS have it best
>>
What's next? DS4/Sekiro/Bloodborn 2/DLC not happening, ER2 too soon. ER is still pretty fresh to start a new franchise.
>>
armored core vi: ashes of rubicon
>>
>try playing faith in base game ER
>just a normal weapon with Sacred Blade
>touch fire incantation
>throwing lightning incantation
Am I missing something? This is boring.
>>
>>488831892
What is your complaint exactly? If you're saying those two incants outperform everything else purely damage ratio wise then yes, that literally doesn't change even in the DLC
>>
>>488832057
Actually I don't find the lightning so useful. Catch Flame I just use to cheese the the Erdtree Avatars. I am asking, is there anything else interesting to do with a faith build? What I listed is kinda boring.
>>
File: KillerKling.jpg (44 KB, 830x573)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>488828786
he’s fighting the klan
>>
>>488832556
faith has the most interesting spells with the widest visual range
int is just... blue arrows and purple balls
just experiment with shit nigga
>>
>>488831892
Get the dragon communion spells, they're like the only fun ones in the early game
>>
>>488832556
Yes there are many more offensive incants than the ones you listed. Faith is fairly interesting in that it has a wide variety of damage types and aoe mechanics so you can absolutely demolish enemies if you pick the right tool for the job
or you can pick a themed line of incants and make more use of your weapon instead
>>
DS3 had the coolest knight thematics
>can parry with your offhand cestus, kind of like a knight with armored mitts could just push blades aside
>quality is very powerful
>many extremely cool knightly armors, my fashion with the winged knight helm was exquisite
>>
>>488832703
>int is just... blue arrows and purple balls
I started an int build and dropped it before even beating limgrave because it was so fucking boring. Every decent spell is just some variation of glintstone shard.
>>
holy niggers when did they buff spectral lance throw so much? I'm nailing shit for 1k
>>
>>488833589
Last time I did int I only used Glintstone Pebble, Night Comet, Slicer, Adula Blade, and mostly the Phalanx stuff. Paired phalanx with the MLG for a ton of poise breaks, it was basically just strength again except I was freezing and had some projectiles to kill annoying enemies with from afar.
>>
The fun with int builds in ER is that you can completely ignore all the projectiles, keeping just one to kill ranged/flying enemies with, and your gameplay will be 1000x more varied and fun
>>
File: mating press.webm (1.33 MB, 480x720)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB WEBM
from's next game needs to be wild west
red dead 2 but with gameplay instead of cutscenes
>>
>>488751997
the original ones are more sovlful to me because it just reminds me of dark souls nostalgiaslop, and the remake ones just sound like iron man shooting or some shit
>>
>>488838516
i wish that they didn't make the character grunt after every single swing or spell in the remake. it's cool that they gave everything a unique animation, but the sound design isn't as good for everything that isn't the magic fortification miracle.
>>
>>488838024
why do ppl wantt a cowboy fs game so badly
>>
>>488838024
It needs to be remnant but with actual good level and world design
>>
>>488839127
euroslop is overdone. it's time for some good ol' fashioned westernslop
>>
>>488838024
What we really need is Cookie & Cream: The Return
>>
>>488838024
bloodborne 2 will have a wild west setting (2040 release date btw)
>>
File: 1707668811424748.jpg (71 KB, 926x372)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>488838024
>from's next game needs to be wild west
It wouldn't that far-fetched, knowing Miyazaki
>>
Did the last patch for ER change anything for pve? Or just pvp
>>
Did anyone here try Dark Souls 3 Archstones?
Is it good?
Asking mostly about level design, don't care for modded bosses usually.
>>
>>488850831
Every single ash except (You)
>Will no longer stagger as easily.
>>
File: 1701262615473534.png (2.84 MB, 1920x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
My AC looks kinda weird...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPxvF2HKA8
Bitches love Patches
>>
>>488857084
Good old, Trusty Patches the Unbreakable.
Smart enough to stay away from the bad one.
>>
File: 1701132783371.jpg (560 KB, 2500x1406)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
I fucking love the intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AVTqkojFzg
>>
>>488860592
Who opens doors better?
John Souls or Pinocchio.
>>
>>488851835
It's deep fried
>>
File: file.jpg (97 KB, 1006x1189)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>
File: 1693099095312541.jpg (223 KB, 1280x720)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>488865001
Bros before hoes
>>
>>488866319
master chief, do you mind telling me what you're doing in that game?
>>
>>488866663
Sellen teaches you stuff
Circus Gael sits around and does nothing
>>
he's a cool landsknecht
>>
Each day I suffer because the average IQ of a Souls player rivals that of an African country.
>>
>>488851835
Write color buffers
Read color buffers
>>
>>488866930
He's busy hosting the festival.
Sellen is a cunt anyway. I always choose Bitch Hunter Jerry
>>
Is it true that faith is just yellow strength.
Intelligence is just blue dex?
>>
>>488874690
Most of the time
>>
They keep releasing INT/DEX katanas because japanese people only level those 2 stats?
>>
File: 1718129767719991.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>488874690
Str/Faith is probably the most popular hybrid build in fantasy
>>
>>488877450
meanwhile those paladins have 0% faith in reality and are just cunning and scheming instead like petrus
>>
Does the cost for shrine of winter go up with each new game? I'm on ng+2 at the minute and just want to rush to drangleic for the spells to platinum the game.
>>
has anyone done that heir rune glitch with the living failures? I'm trying it now and it seems so fucking tight, there's so many chances for it to go wrong.
I already get a lot by killing them without the second visceral, but the second one catapults the blood echoes gain so far.
getting two visceral kills in such a tight time frame seems really difficult though.
>>
you now remember DS2 is the best game because it has proper dark magic while the other games keep talking about dark dark dark and only have like 4 meh dark spells
>>
>>488884603
Dark orb will forever be the best spell in any game.
>>
>>488884924
Dark Bead is superior
>>
Kai Cenat freestyling because he beat fucking micolash he’s too ghetto fucking 4 minute freestyle for beating an NPC Scooby-Doo chase boss
>>
File: file.png (331 KB, 588x612)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>488746132
>Based black man is going to make a Bloodborne PC remaster happen

Kai Cenat, I kneel.
>>
>>488890950
ill only stop being racist if this weird ass nigga does it
>>
Dryleaf whirlwind have any hyperarmor?
>>
Which Armored Core game do I start with? Should I just play the entire series in order?
>>
>>488895701
it's the same as souls series
>>
>platinum dark souls 2
>move on to 3
>heals take half a second
>can roll 50 times in a row
>stamina regeneration is fast as fuck
>iframes on fog walls and levers
gay and not fun
>>
>>488895701
Yes, the first game is really good and lays the groundwork for the rest of the PS1/PS2 era. After the tutorial mission you can rebind the controls. No analog sticks but you can use the face buttons. Of course you can also learn the classic control scheme.
>>
this is the most boring wet nurse fight i've ever seen
>>
>>488896030
>>488896112
Do I get the undub version of the games or are the dubs good enough?
>>
>>488896487
kill yourself retard
>>
>>488896090
2 and 3 are shit for different reasons
>>
>>488897221
How do you know what I'm referring to?
Caught.
>>
>>488897386
There's only one retarded faggot blogposting about niggers in here and it's you
caught
>>
>>488896090
>>iframes on fog walls and levers
nothing bad with this actually.
>>
>>488897493
>just iframe through the entire game
why not just active a godmode cheat?
>>
>>488897439
Nuh-uh.
>>
>>488897707
>noooooo you must die when doing contextual interactions with the environment that usually just open up another path or lead you somewhere because it's better that way
>>
>>488896090
Yeah enjoy playing bloodborne 2: souls skin without anything that made bloodborne good
>>
>>488898071
>nooooo an enemy should be guarding a lever but the player should be able to use rolls with iframes to rush to the lever and then iframe while the enemy guarding it attacks the player 5 times until the player finishes pulling the lever and rolls away with more iframes
>>
>>488898580
Indiana Jones did that
>>
>>488896487
I love the way he smiles makes my dick twitch
>>
>>488896487
you still there? what do you like about him
>>
>>488903801
he beat the game. all that people like about him is how he's a gangster hood nigga i guess and he yells.
imagine if etika was still alive we could've had the etika souls run.
>>
cool, a faggot samefagging thinking that it's funny to force shill a black eceleb because it's going to totally trigger the anons and it will be funny watching them seethe!!
>>
how the fuck are you guys still on this guy lmao
>>
>>488903979
lol loved etika too zesty lil guy busted many nuts to him
shame he didnt get to see elden ring
>>
>>488904708
we aren't, he just stopped streaming. i think he made his audience mad too because he didn't do the dlc because he's... giving away a house? idk man.
this is my last post about him.
>>
>>488905236
next time he plays a fromsoft game let's goon together
>>
>>488897079
The dub is funny but desu there aren't that many voice lines in the first few games.
>>
Just beat the umbrella vampire lady in Nioh. This is the most fun I've been having in a game in a while. Love the stances, love the skills, love the diablo gear drops. There's a lot of mechanics to dig into. I wish more games were like this.
>>
lol this nigger sucked so bad
>>
I am playing Lies of P and I chose the strength option at the start. It's pretty fun and I beat the first boss. However this guy sold me a rapier and I tried swinging it and hoo boy it feels incredibly fun I kinda regret my decision to go strength.
Game is fun though I'm enjoying it.
>>488907356
Just wait until you learn about Nioh 2 brother. Cranks everything up.
>>
>power within, sunlight blade, man serpent sword
TIME TO FKN PWN SUM BOSSES
>>
>>488912213
Glad you liked it.
>>
>>488919458
Idk if you're the anon who replied to my questions about the game yesterday, but I just met Geppetto and unlocked weapon crafting. The shock coil head with the baton handle is really fun as per you or other anons recommendation. I'm still trying to get used to the non existent range but it's nice having a fast attacking motivity weapon that has a fun status.
Only thing I'm not sure about, is what to level up. Not that I'm trying to meta game hard, but every game is different when it comes to how little or how much stamina, health, carry weight is enough, like in bloodborne I can almost entirely ignore vitality after 20 since rallying and aggressiveness will keep my bases covered, but extra stamina feels like a must
>>
>>488921947
Screenshot didn't post!
>>
The scrapped watchman has hands bros..
>>
>>488877450
>watching shartiversity
shiggy diggy
>>
>>488897359
>2 and 3 are shit for different reasons
What about 1 then?
>>
How viable is pyromancy in DS3? I've been doing the DEX/FTH run at the moment, but the offensive Miracles are so lame I am wondering why do I even bother.
Is it too late to start investing in Pyromancy? I am finishing the Road of Sacrifices.
>>
File: POWER CREEP.png (457 KB, 2002x1043)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
what happened bros
>>
dogshit /v/ bait image
>>
File: file.png (2.25 MB, 1366x768)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
Fucking finally, what an annoying ass runback.
>>
>>488822585
>check fromsoft thread
>ds2 faggots still blaming reddit and youtube for their shitty game's failure
alright keep me posted
>>
>>488938768
I see more people coping about how their game was a massive success and a masterpiece
>>
File: elde nring.jpg (568 KB, 2560x1440)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
me too dog
>>
wait, the fuck
kai cenat already finished bloodborne?
>>
I'm not the biggest super heavy weapon enjoyer, but something about this pipe feels good. Also the enemies who throw the firebombs at you are the fucking worst.
>>
Why did the nigger play bb first? Shouldn't he play dark souls first? I'd like to see he ape like expression when riding the elevator back to firelink for the first time.
>>
New favorite setup.

Dryleaf arts/danes footwork
Shattered stone talisman
Claw talisman
Raptors black feathers
Divine bird greaves

Jumping heavy attacks only, everything else is a waste of time and stamina.
>>
>>488831892
get the miquellan knight sword for the unique R2, it's fun
>>
>>488850831
the euporia is good now
>>
>>488874690
yes, but some of the most interesting things are the crossovers, like how the perfumed oil of ranah does fire damage scaling with dex, or using lightning incants as faith/dex, or using int/strength like gravity magic. Arc/strength or arc/dex are also really interesting to build
>>
>>488884603
there isn't really a strong dark concept in elden ring, the universe is filled with the greater will/primordial current. destined death and blackflame are dark shit, but darkness isn't an overarching theme like it is in dark souls
>>
>>488832689
SHADOW NIGGAS
>>
>>488952651
Shadow zesties, built 4 BWC.
>>
>>488938768
>blaming reddit and youtube for their shitty game's failure
It makes sense to blame them for blindly trusting e-celebs
>>
And just when I thought that DS3 avoids DS2's bullshit, I waltzed into the Cathedral of the Deep cemantary.
Am I even supposed to fight those hordes of zombies that keep respawning everytime I kill them?
>>
>>488960681
what do you think?
>>
https://youtu.be/0Aijnyn1NEA
fresh new 'ullie on the 'tube
>>
>>488942217
Yes. I know this is shocking, but there was a time when FromSoft games didn't take 100 hours to finish. He should do DS1 - 3 in one sitting so he can say that they're mid.
>>
So how is Code Vein compared to Dark Souls series?

Reviews are all like "yes it plays like dark souls and it is really hard solo" but like what about the overall experience?
>>
>>488962386
I saw pics of these jar people with really big tits on pixiv
>>
>>488962441
funny that he basically said elden ring was more enjoyable, i dont think he would like ds1 or 2
>>
>>488963261
He's an animal, he's not really playing these games. He's treating them like content that has to be milked as fast as possible. Whether he likes them or not is irrelevant.
>>
>>
>>488963635
Sis, you got left behind. Everyone else went to >>>/dsg/
>>
>>488964162
>dont post fromsoft in fromsoft gennie
>>
>>488963016
No it doesn't play like Dark Souls. Exploration is absent, you traverse linear levels and open shortcuts and that's it. Bosses are poorly designed and have shitty non-teleraphed attacks.
>>
File: 20240804021057_1.jpg (630 KB, 2560x1440)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
BRAVO MIYAZAKI I WATCHED VALLEY OF THE WIND TOO!!!
>>
Cathedral of the Deep is such cancer, Jesus Christ. It aproaches Sen's Funhouse level of dickery.
>>
>>488969839
your character looks like he's a minmaxer from elden ring, if thats intentional then good, I laughed

>>488970203
It was one of DS3 levels I really liked because of actually challenging level design. The boss is also cool as fuck, dunno if you got there yet but it's one of the coolest in the franchise imo
>>
>>488971069
nah im dressed like that since i wanted the 61 poise break and had no other armor to do it. now im wearing brass set and havel gauntlets
>>
>>488969839
what the fuck is under the water though? the intro says that everything was stone and "static"
>>
Man DS1 had some cool details. Armor making unique sounds, your run animation changing significantly when you're heavy rolling, and the fact that heavy rolling is actually a viable way to beat the game
>>
>>488972208
quiet. you vill apply 39 buffs and press l2
>>
>>488971069
I dunno, for me the Cathedral of the Deep stopped being fun the 5th time I got ganked by those fucking gremlin things that ALWAYS drop behind you.
>>
>>488933787
Ds1 had backstabs to compensate which also 2 shot people
>>
>>488972208
heavy rolling is viable in elden ring too.
Just use the ironjar perfume or something and vendrigirs talisman and SHIT.
>>
>>488976749
yeah but like, in DS1 I could heavyroll without totally breaking the game, it was actually designed for it. I didn't have to do any of that shit. It just worked.
meanwhile in ER you either facetank and abuse DR to the point where you just tank bosses, or you get killed by everything, if you want to just play normally you HAVE to medium roll, period
>>
>>488977565
I think that's a problem that you have with your perception. You think you're breaking the game when using damage reduction and poise but it makes the game as easy as ds1 which might be the way it was intended to be played. There's a reason they included overloaded, heavy, medium and light.
Instead of just heavy and medium because they wanted people to play heavy as well. Just get yourself a greatshield and equip your talismans and crabs. Jumping gives the bottom half of your body iframes
>>
>>488978153
finally a based webm
>>
>>488978153
it's too bad nothing compares to these chunky crucible k"NIG"hts in the dlc.
the horned warriors aren't like them at all.
black knights are too weak, fire knights are too weak too
>>
>>488978153
it isnt tho.I want to heavyroll but not do a facetank build, just be able to take a hit every so often.
DS1 let me do this, ER doesnt. Its that simple, youre trying to turn this argument into something else entirely
>>
Also, those Evangelists can fuck off.
>>
>>488982325
you basically facetank in ds1
>>
>>488970203
It gets better inside the cathedral, at least.
>>
I wanna make another character but I also don't wanna cause I'm tired of looking for good armor combos that fit the character and hit 51 poise
What an annoying breakpoint, it feels like nothing reaches it
>>
>>488982852
even with the talisman?
you can always use heavy weight gloves and pants, nobody ever sees those anyway

People only look at your helm and armor
>>
>>488982608
You don't necessarily no. You can if you want, but my first dark souls playthrough was
>full black iron armor
>greatsword
>black iron shield
And I would do a combination of blocking, rolling hits I shouldn't/can't be blocking and poise trading lesser hits. My character absolutely couldn't facetank.

This is lost entirely in ER. If you fatroll and can't facetank you're just a cuckold who gets killed by free by even miniboss enemies.
>>
>>488933180
only souls game worth playing
>>
>>488978153
>all those buffs
So stupid. They ruined these games.
>>
>>488986096
True. Only one game that is not Souls came close to them in terms of combat and level design...
>>
File: 20240804172106_1.jpg (223 KB, 2560x1440)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
4 kangz beat. Next up Seath
>>
>>488963016
Code Vein has probably one of the best character creators I have ever encountered.
Opinion might vary depending on how into weebshit you are.

Doesn't really play like much like Dark Souls.
Combat is heavily designed around having an AI companion around that's taking some of the heat and possibly reviving your ass if you go down.
You also don't really build your character stat wise, instead you pick something called "blood codes" that comes with specific stat spreads.
So it's literally impossible to get fucked by bad level up choices and switching play style is super easy..
The real meat of the combat system are gifts, basically spells/AoWs for flashy stuff.

If you decide to engage with the system, it can be great fun.
If you decide to approach it as Dark Souls, go solo and just hit things with a stick,
experience can become super miserable fast

It's also set in the same universe as the God Eater games, but that never really comes up.
>>
File: aaaaieeeeeeee.jpg (219 KB, 1489x926)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>got back into bloodborne
>remember reading that chalice dungeons are hard
>give them a try
>wow they were right, this is kinda hard haha
>but it's probably just because I'm underleveled right now
>play through most of the main game and DLC
>farm for a while, raise all relevant stats to softcap at least
>upgrade saw spear to +10
>go back to chalice dungeons
>shit is piss easy lmao
>were they exaggerating?
>make it to layer two
>this... is about the same isn't it?
>yeah they were definitely exaggerating this shit
>get to layer three
>seems to be okay..
>wait wtf, that enemy just took 20% of my health bar
>which is odd since I have over 2400 HP and the best armor
>holy fuck these things are murdering me now
>somehow make it to the third boss
>bloodletting beast
>it actually beats the piss out of me as if I were a new player
>this is only layer 3
>look it up, layer 5 has this same enemy but with 6x more HP
>this is only layer fucking three
I HATE THE CHALICE DUNGEONS I HATE THE CHALICE DUNGEONS I HATE THE CHALICE DUNGEONS
>>
File: 374320_20240804154457_1.png (3.53 MB, 1920x1080)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
Why are there a bunch of dead dragons just lying about in ds3?
>>
>>489000570
they caught the dragon aids
>>
>>489000504
lmao i love blb, such a cunt of a boss
>>
It's incredible how much of a fucking cunt nito can be when he wants
>>
>>489000504
Chalices are meant to be done along main plot or something.
Wait until you meat Defiled Amygdala in the closet.
Final boss is pretty nice.
>>
>>489000570
because all dragons died in ds1 but also dragons are good for marketing and miyazaki likes em so now there are dragons in ds3 too
>>
>>488978153
>i wish heavy rolling wasnt 100% worthless
>nah bro skill issue heres how you can never roll again
so you agree fatrolling is not a usable form of evasion then
huh
>>
>>489005185
fat rolling is the heavy weight class
>>
File: facetanking rellana.webm (3.92 MB, 852x480)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>488982325
>I want to fatroll but not do a facetank build, just be able to take a hit every so often
Okay, so do it.

Invest in damage negation to cancel out the hit you're going to be taking every so often. You don't have to facetank the boss. Ignore the filename of this WebM, because it isn't actually facetanking the boss, it's just fatrolling, jumping, strafing, and taking the occasional hit. Honestly, heavy equip load is even better than it was in previous games because you can still jump, sprint, and sprint jump regardless of your equip load - not to mention parrying, blocking, and (now) deflecting all being more effective than they've ever been before. Fatrolling is even superior in some instances; for example, it can effortlessly dodge Radahn's cross slash.

Fuck it, I might do a fatroll playthrough with medium damage negation now.
>>
>>489008894
that is some ridiculously clean bitrate for a 36 clip, zamn
>>
inb4 "actually i want to fatroll with no armor and 6 zweihanders equipped"
>>
>>489008894
>Okay, so do it.
>because it isn't actually facetanking the boss, it's just fatrolling, jumping, strafing, and taking the occasional hit.
There is a single roll in your vid and it's mostly just used to cancel a recovery anim

I want to use fatrolls as an evasive maneuver like back in DS1 because I had fun doing that. I had fun fighting artorias while fatrolling in NG+ and being unable to tank any hits whatsoever. It was fun. In ER, this approach is fully non-viable: Attempting to use fatrolls as an evasive maneuver gets you chain rollcaught and killed by almost every boss enemy in the game
Like instead of posting facetank builds over and over that rely on selfheal why can't you just engage with the argument I'm making? Am I talking to a ghost who can only repeat his one cursed mantra?
>>
>>489009869
I'm not the other guy who's telling you you're wrong, you just have multiple people telling you you're wrong. Easy mistake to make.
>>
>>489009869
Fatrolling is still viable. Hell, radahn 2's nigh undodgeable slash at the end of his comb can be fat rolled simply due to it leaving your model under the hitbox.
>>
>>489009869
>I had fun fighting artorias while fatrolling in NG+ and being unable to tank any hits whatsoever
>In ER, this approach is fully non-viable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_8e2wyD6gA
>>
>>489008894
>Fuck it, I might do a fatroll playthrough
do it, and actually dodge every enemy attack. not outspace, not facetank, press the dodge button to use the fatroll to iframe through every enemy attack
i wanna see actual hard mode eldog
>>
>>489011070
>>489011037
I get it, Radahn is your sole point because all his hitboxes are ridiculously broken and fly over you when you fatroll
>>
>>489008894
>>489009446
I want to know
>>
grafted blade greatsword is pretty overpowered it gives you free 40 stats
>>
File: moving goal posts.jpg (180 KB, 1056x594)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>489011261
It's okay to admit you're wrong in the Internet, little bro. It won't kill you.

>>489011396
>Godrick's great rune
>Grafted blade greatsword
80 free levels...
>>
>>489011661
I won't admit anything just because on DLC boss has such broken hitboxes and 0 vertical tracking, sorry. Post a vid of someone fighting Rellana that way and I'll admit defeat, you got my word
>>
>>489011070
isn't that anstpur rapier? why isn't radahn getting rotted? is consort immune to rot?
>>
>>489011879
Also before you try it: The strat where you just sprint out of range of everything she does doesn't count as "using fatroll as an evasive maneuver"
>>
File: file.png (112 KB, 1075x757)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>I LEVELED 72 INT FOR THE SPELLS
You screwed up bro. No need to ever go above 38 int
>BUT I WANNA CAST SPELLS
You can only cast spells as long as you have fp, how about focusing on infinite uptime things like melee weapons?
>WHAT ABOUT THE SPELLS?
you can just use the dark moon greatsword and press L2, you can press L2 for many weapons and use their effects
>BUT THEN WHATS THE POINT OF BEING BLUE STRENGTH
its not blue strength, you can just boost your intelligence from 41 to reach 72 int if you want
>>
>>489013635
Stop arguing with yourself. It’s embarrassing.
>>
>>489013635
stfu
>>
File: 1721801641849232.png (55 KB, 800x800)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>build this build that
I don't get it, do people not level to 300-400?
why would you ever need a build
>>
the next souls game better not have this anime shit l2 trash on weapons. Lion's claw is already fucking absurd and it's only the tip of the iceberg in elden ring. They better keep shit like this reserved to cool dex wep attacks like artorias greatsword
>>
>>488963485
i dont really care, he's a streamer after all.
i do find it funny he didn't like the game though, bloodborne fans getting btfo is very good and should happen more.
>>
>>488746132
Y'know, from the thumbnail I thought this was some new art of a Castlevania or Bloodborne castle.
>>
>>489016393
"""builds""" are exclusively for tryhard metaslave pvpnerds. true patricians level up whatever they want so they can use cool spells AND big bonks simultaneously etc.
>>
File: image (1).png (601 KB, 659x657)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>489016691
next game willbl be parryspam sekiro game
except the parry is the same as souls game
and you have to mirror the direction of the incoming attack using a directional input when parrying, you can't just auto parry everything by pressing one button
oh and you have to break enemy stanced 2 to 3 times to get a deathblow just like you gotta parry radahn 3 times to get a riposte
>>
>>489018857
you mean moonveil and swarm of flies at the same time while wearing the bullgoat set right?
and maybe mohgwyn spear for coop
nothing else really is worth using
>>
File: 20240804190647_1.jpg (822 KB, 3840x2160)
822 KB
822 KB JPG
Dancing Lion can't be THAT hard at this level with 10 blessings, right?
>>
File: 20240804192218_1.jpg (1022 KB, 3840x2160)
1022 KB
1022 KB JPG
>>489022724
>15 minutes
Not bad at all
>>
You know what's weird?

In DS3, a game about being a champion, nearly every character you can send to the shrine will literally swear their loyalty to you. Even the ones not related to the king ending. And yet in DS2, the game literally entirely about trying to become the new king, literally no one does it.

Isn't that weird?
>>
>>489022724
you can get to 18 skibidi level without beating anybody other than dragonman and inquisitor jori I think.
do that first before trying any bosses.

The dlc doesn't really care about levels I think
>>
>>489025232
I did Jori on a level 60 character, albeit at a low blessing level, and it was fucking awful. The NPC fights are also my kryptonite because even though they're dumb as bricks and easy to cheese, I just don't know how to cheese them.
>>
>>489031243
Just fuck around with different weps and wep arts. The chop halberd 2h moves for example never prompt a dodge from them, so they just eat full stamina bar combos in sequence. Or spears make them roll after every hit so you can just chain rollcatch. Or spinning strikes will just straight up stunlock them for the entire huge damage WA
>>
Give me your top 3 soulslike games with the coolest buildings and architecture
>>
File: sent to brazil.webm (3.51 MB, 852x480)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB WEBM
>>
>>489038628
pls do not trade with dual lance
>>
>>489040000
what are you supposed to do then? the guy is so laggy even if you attack first he'll end up trading with you
>>
>>489038195
lords of the fallen
lies of p
uh fucking uhhh
>>
>>489000570
Because Lothric bred wyverns and Lothric Knights were dragonriders
>>
>>489038195
Lies of P (Belle epoque kino)
Lords of Fallen (Diablo kino)
Nioh 2 (1500-1600 era Japan kino)
>>
Is THE Lords of the fallen any good?
I played the (original? First?) Lords of the Fallen in 2014 when it came out and I remember really liking it. What even is the new one. Is it a sequel, a reimagine? New unrelated thing entirely?
>>
>>488921947
I'm the one that wall of texted the other day, glad you're enjoying it, LoP isn't too strict about builds due to being able to mix and match whatever you want and you'll want different weapons later in the game, I'd recc motivity for good ol' unga bunga fun with the police baton
>>
>>489057231
It's set technically in the same universe as the original but it's so far removed that it doesn't matter, it's basically it's own new thing. It's pretty solid, though pretty easy, and the final boss is terribly boring. The build variety and level design are the biggest highlights for me.
>>
Been continuing Lies of P, I've made it to Rosa Isabelle. I love the atmosphere of this area, it feels good to get back to puppets after dealing with the goo monsters before.
>>489057849
Honestly who even needs a police baton when this thing exists. I'm loving the Holy Sword of the Ark. Gives me a good bloodborne feel with how it's essentially a trick weapon. The transformed fable art is really fun too, but I feel like I'm in a predicament (a good one at least), where the fable art is really strong, but I also have the amulet equipped that increases my overall damage for every fable art charge I have.
I suppose I could invest into the p organ stuff that increases fable charge to make it less of an issue.
>>
>>489003552
>because all dragons died in ds1
no they didn't dumb stupid retarded lorelet
>>
>>489040000
Checked
>>
>>489065204
I will say the charm that increases damage for avalible FS is not worthwhile later on as you get charms that give you more damage for sucessive attacks that stacks 4x, and the one that increases damage after a parry, it's better to just use Arts when is oppurtune, combining them with the final boss weapon shreds enemies or using the Azure glaive which the parry Art procs the parry charm and then follows up with multi hit attacks with the attack fable arts, just IMO of course do whatever is fun, 'cus that's what this game is, fun
>>
>>489079069
I see! I definitely gotta get in the habit of using fable arts more. Also I'm realizing that capacity is absolutely critical. I'm literally always starving for more carry weight.
Also, FUCK this boss dude holy shit this is the worst thing in the game so far
>>
>>489065519
>no they didn't
yes they did dumb stupid retarded lorelet
>>
>>488746132
should i play every game in the series as a str fag?
>>
>>489089435
source? Oh right you don't have one pathetic loser retard swine.
>>
>>489094365
the only valid sources for you are vaati and trannie the witch, hmmm?
>>
>>489097552
just show me which dialogue of item description supports your claim
>>
>>489097748
uhm the entire game from start to finish?
>>
>>489098137
nice concession
>>
>>489098247
>meme reply
play the game, tard
>>
>>489098327
I did. I even joined the dragon covenant by talking to a supposedly extinct everlasting dragon.
>>
>>489098589
exactly, now pay more attention to see miyazaki's geniuses (multiple because it's a lot)
>>
>>489099000
you still haven't given any source for the dragons all being killed
>>
i'm a lorelet but doesn't the fact that seath/everlasting/gaping exist in ds1 disprove the claim "all the dragons were dead"
or are you saying that AFTER the events of the game, all dragons had died
>>
For all this hype, the Abyss Watchers weren't that bad. I think I got them on my second try. They hit like trucks in the second phase, but have glass jaws, amusingly. I swear to god I had more issues with regular Cathedral Knights.
>>
>>489099332
Yeah, disproved
>>
bump
>>
File: Witch Beatrice.jpg (2 MB, 3056x4075)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>best witch robes
>never comes back in a game with proper cloth physics
Tragic
>>
>>489122283
lol look at her poop scraper nail
>>
>>489128653
tfw if u put her gloves on you get a bunch of long painted fingernails
>>
>>489130936
thats really gay if ur character is a man
>>
I just realized I can stunlock the True Monk with firecrackers, but I only get time for 3 safe hits while it's stunned, and even using yashariku and confetti isn't enough to finish it before I need the tanto again. Does any of the emblem-less combat arts have better DPS for this? I just tired Ichimonji Double, and while I can hit both, the recovery is too long to keep using firecracker on time.
>>
what's the lowest level that the dlc is active?
don't tell me that it's dead at 70
>>
>>489137487
>>
>>489137584
but that's high though and I don't like it
>>
>>489137849
why are you trying to co-op/invade in the DLC at level 70 though
>>
>>489138150
because I want to help out the lowest level people and I like finding ways to cheese the game when I'm weak
>>
>>489138431
> I want to help out the lowest level people
Well you can just put down the summoning pool sign and it'll summon you to liurnia or wherever 70 is most active
>>
>>489138681
but I want to be summoned in the dlc.
>>
>>489140865
and I want a wife with big saggy tits we can't all get what we want
>>
awooga
>>
File: stone golem ds1.jpg (96 KB, 281x450)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>
File: do bluecels really?.webm (3.81 MB, 960x540)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB WEBM
>bluecels will wait hours to get summoned
>for this
>>
>>489171872
blues lead a hard life
>>
Int is fucking fun in DS3 also I love my Moonlight Greatsword.
>>
Why in the everliving fuck are mimics so ridiculously fucking overpowered in DS3? I hit one with my lothric great lightning sword some fifty fucking times and they're still alive. They kick me ONCE and half my fucking life goes out. I have 1000 HP.
>>
>>489195246
Git gud
>>
>>489198812
That doesn't work in this scenario, retard. I'm not saying "Oh, I can't beat Mimics", i'm saying "Mimics have too high stats"
>>
>>489205609
Maybe your stats are too low
>>
I've never beaten Genichiro in the prologue, which version is best to practice with in Reflection of Strength?
>>
Those kukri spamming ninja skeletons are the biggest "fuck you" enemy in DS3 so far. I swear I lost around 30k souls to them and their bullshit bleeding spam.
STAND STILL WHILE I'M ATTACKING YOU, YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>489223756
Are those the ones with the fancy sword moves in the catacombs? I remember them being fun to fight.
>>
>>489223956
Yeah, the ones who keep circlestafing you, while spamming bleed daggers. They are not fun to fight.
>>
ER was fun, now announce the new game
>>
>>489224440
rush it down with a shield or dodge forward and beat to a pulp
>>
>>489227651
Nope, not working. 90% they will just dodge my attack and continue attacking. You just have to pray you'll be lucky enough to stagger them on your first attack, otherwise, you are fucked, because they will bleed you to death.
>>
Smouldering Lake is such nonsense, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>489228708
Staggering isnt a matter of luck, try putting on a wep more suited to it or using moves with more stagger
>>
>>489228708
bro wtf r u even using
>>
>>489231283
It's like a bad chalice dungeon.
Catacombs is like a regular chalice dungeon (mediocre)
>>
>>489237261
Smouldering Lake is something straight out of DS2. Tight corridors, hordes of enemies, ganks and bullshit enemy placement meant to fuck you over.
Yes, let's put that fucking leaping demon in a corridor behind you, so that he two-shots you before you can react.
>>
>>489231283
luv me nonsensical catacomb with dog shit lighting full of memberberries
>>
>>489238028
level vigor
>>
File: leo ring.png (191 KB, 512x512)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
were there anywhere near as many weapons in previous souls games that did counter damage and had hyperarmor?
I can't think of many off the top of my head. DS2 had the lance but I don't remember if that got hyperarmor. It seems like it was a much more niche thing for certain high risk playstyles (mainly spacing and using estocs to punish other players) than the unga no skill hypearmor + poke gameplay in elden ring.
>>
>>489241617
Spacing in pvp as a concept is almost entirely gone anyway since most L2s come with extreme forward movement and hyperarmor. Try playing the spacing game with a rapier or spear when the opponent has rivers of blood or moonveil. Not that these are hard to counter weps but it raped the concept.
>>
WHY AM I EVEN DOING THIS SMOULDERING LAKE
I AM JUST LOSING SOULS FOR NO REASON
>>
>>489247848
lots of valuable items in there
>>
>>489247848
what weapon are you using, anon
>>
>/dsg/
>/fsg/
>/erg/
which one am i supposed to use
>>
File: IMG_4863.jpg (80 KB, 1200x675)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>pre dlc release Leda
Mysterious and beautiful knightess
>post dlc release Leda
Yandere girl-failure cuck

They really set her up to fall hard huh?
>>
>>489252548
/erg/ is dogshit slop
/dsg/ is active
/fsg/ is dead
>>
>>489252548
don't listen to the dsgtroon >>489252705
/erg/ will be your best bet for ER discussion as this place is dead but it's alot better than the LITERAL tranny cesspool circlejerk that is nu /dsg/
>>
>>489252548
don't listen to the ergtroon >>489253334
/erg/ is dogshit and you'd literally be better off just looking up your questions on reddit.
>>
>>489253561
on reddit you get retards who tell you to level to 250 with 40 vig
>>
>>488746132
I guess I'm bad at videogames now because I didn't enjoy any of the bosses in the DLC. Like, goddamn does every boss need the same gimmick where they go into MEGA MODE and shit non stop AoEs everywhere? I'm just not having fun. Like sure I'm beating my head against the wall and winning eventually but it's not fun at ALL. I'm loving the exploration though 10/10 on that front.
>>
>>489255115
inb4 git gud ur bad scrub noob etc
>>
>>489252548
dsg if you respect tradition
fsg if youre a revolutionary and want a more welcoming and inclusive community
erg if you want /v/
>>
>>489252548
/dsg/ for trannies and cliqueposting, /fsg/ for actual souls game discussion, /erg/ for a mostly reddit adjacent experience
>>
Is there seriously no shortcut to the Wolnir boss? I have to hoof it all across the catacombs, dodging rolling boulders, fighting hordes of skeletons, including that fucking skeleninja? I really hope I'll get this boss on my first try, because fuck this.
>>
>>489258938
er as first From game?
>>
>>489258938
There's a bun fire write b4 the bwidge
>>
i really want them to make a game with invasions but where levels don't exist/only affect pve
imagine if everyone was able to invade/co-op with anyone regardless of level
make the game cross-platform (and actually good) and it will live forever
>>
>>489262619
sounds so fucking gay and neutered, just go play a fighting game
>>
>>489273381
fighting game: small flat surface
arena: slightly bigger circular flat surface
invasions: 90% of the whole map
which one do you think is the most appealing to play in?
>>
>>489274442
fighting game: everyone has a static powerlevel balanced to the same strength
invasions: level meta theory and build matters

which one do you think is the most appealing to play in?
>>
>>489273381
fighting games are dogshit
and you are dumb for refusing to think about all the possible customization options you could still have
>>
>>489277340
> options you could still have
So still less than I have now
stfu faggot dumbing down games is bad and retarded
>but muh online activity
I invade without having to wait it's fine
>>
>>489277826
>dumbing down games is bad and retarded
they've been doing that with each new installment, why are you still playing
>>
>>489278156
same reason you play the games even though levels matter in pvp
>>
>>489252548
>/dsg/ died from the disease that kills all generals, but was resurrected as an affront against god
>/erg/ is 90% /v/irgins, redditors, coomers, and people who will tell you that they love the lore of Elden Ring but beg for Godwyn to be resurrected while posting off-model fan art
>/fsg/ is slow
Pick your poison.

>>489262619
Lords of the Fallen (2) has invasions without level restrictions; however, they're limited to specific sections of levels, although this makes sense considering the way levels are structured due to the cum dimension mechanic. You're automatically scaled up or down to the host's level, but the last time I played there were issues with this and the netcode was fuck-awful. I've heard that the netcode has since been significantly improved, but haven't played since.
I had a lot of fun making an optimized bow build and headshotting people from a mile away.
>>
>>489278156
For the most part, you can ignore the dumbing down and play the games you've always played them. Elden Ring can be much more difficult than any other FromSoft game with even a decent build. Of course, this doesn't apply to everything. The dungeon crawling has suffered the most with the bifurcation of the game into clear "dungeon" and "boss" phases.
>>
>>489281083
replied to four day old post award
>>
>>489279739
how's lords of the fallen 2 anyway? i see people dunking on it and i actually feel bad, it can't be this terrible of a game, right? and the attempt to add multiplayer is commendable at least
>>
>>488746132
in elden ring i only know how to make setups for dueling, but i struggle really bad to find setups for 3-4man ganks. I cant kill anywhere near as fast as getting combod to death
>>
>>489283508
watch jeenine on 2x speed with the volume off
>>
>>489283508
you need to have a fuck off weapon with HA that scares off the blender you can swap to (zamor/raksasha/dragon halberd if you're wdcing/cold rusty anchor stormcaller)
you need to learn turn and burns, making use of pve and isolating people
learning roll backstabs is essential since most pvers love very exploitable backstabbable moves
if you're even nastier you can just reverse quickstep backstab em
in general having a variety of different weapons to switch to depending on the situation is beneficial
gotta have the nastiest, cheesiest shit in your back pocket in case you run into actual gankers at first step/liurnia/rauh/rykard/elden throne
but you can disable those invasion regions on pc with ce
>>
>>489282105
I personally liked it a lot, but it's not without its flaws. On a good day, I'd give it an 8/10. It's Eurojank with great art direction, basically.

>>489283508
As >>489284251 said, invading requires checking every box on the invasion checklist. You don't want to be caught out without a wide, sweeping weapon, a poking weapon with good range, multiple hyper armor options, an anti-gank ash or skill like Waves of Darkness or Thunderstorm (or something simple like endure), a ranged option (Jar Cannon, Ansbach's Bow, etc.), a "mean" option (Dragon Halberd, Roar of Rugalea, etc.), a parry tool, Carian retaliation, and all the necessary consumables (boluses, warming stones, etc.). All of this is ultimately to control momentum, because momentum is what will get you killed. You need to be able to put the fear of God into little Timmy and his two level 300 password phantoms. Sometimes that's as simple as a turn & burn with a dismounter, sometimes it means popping endure and casting Gravitational Missile or Zamor Ice Storm. There is no faster and more reliable way to lose an invasion than to be missing the tools to force the 3v1 to respect you.

Beyond that, the most important thing is always situational awareness. Try to engage the enemy on your terms and always play to your win condition unless you're confident that you can win off of pure skill (read: the host and his summons are retarded). They're hiding at the grace? Harass them with the Jar Cannon, Night Maiden's Mist, etc. to provoke them into doing something. There's no enemies? Position yourself with your back to the next enemies in the level and fight for long enough to lure the 3v1 toward them. One phantom is playing passively because he's low on health? Decide whether you want to commit to finishing him off or turn & burn the other phantom who is most assuredly blindly rushing you from behind. A ledge presents an opportunity for a free kill? Take it. And so on.
>>
>doing radahn at sl1
>dog vomits
>quit
>try again
>dad calls me
>quit
>try again
>earthquake happens
Come on, man
>>
>>489137487
On my lv 50 +2 somber and not a single multiplayer icon is on the map
I had some lv30 ng+7 guy invade me when I used a tongue
Checked my lv95 +7 somber and there are a few icons but only in the early parts of the map.
>>
pity bump
>>
Lies of P is so fucking fun bros
I'm on my way to becoming a real boy
>>
assen one
>>
File: latest.png (229 KB, 666x627)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
Thou seeketh thread-bumps, doest thou not? Then touch the meming inside me
>>
>>489293474
thanks mate
>>
File: cool fight.webm (2.89 MB, 1920x1080)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
>>489319896
I wish this was possible for every boss in elden ring.

you shouldn't have to roll or run or block to beat bosses. they should be beatable by walking
>>
why didn't they balance messmer for +18?
>>
Is there any tactic to Wolnir, or is it just some random RNG shit, hoping he will position his hands just right for you to get a hit?
>>
>>489331812
Nothing really, just hope you don't accidentally get stuck in his hand. Janky boss fight, the first half of DS3 is full of garbage fights.
>>
File: Pontiff_Knight.jpg (247 KB, 594x1077)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley is going to be so much fun, I feel. I want Alonne Knights back, at least I was able to stunlock them.
I guess there is a way to deal with those giganiggas efficiently, I just haven't found it out.
>>
>>489326971
>why didn't they balance messmer for +18
>when people are already throwing a fit over having to find less than half of the 50 fragments for 12 blessings
I don't know
>>
>>489337329
Just hit them, they stagger easily
>>
Taking a break from my beloved Holy Sword of the Ark to try something new. I'm using Bone Cutting Saw blade + Exploding pickaxe handle. I'm not really sure what actually makes a weapon combination good but this seems okay. Decent range and the slamming down moveset seems alright
>>
>>489350238
Alright I found the Live Puppet Axe like 10 minutes after this post and this thing is genuinely fucking insane and now my new main weapon
>>
>>489347854
>Just hit them
The issue is that they happen to hit back and this 6-part fuck-you combo they love to spam kills me instantly. I guess making Astora straight sword my go-to weapon was a bad idea, because that thing can't stagger anything for shit.
>>
lmao this guy is really struggling with a straight sword
>>
Fine, I won't bump your fucking threads anymore.
>>
rest in piss
>>
>>489352892
Just ignore the /dsg/ tranny who shitposts here. If theres no reply link it's usually him. He does it because hes mentally ill and wants the general to die out of spite
>>
>>489354483
The general's doing a pretty good job dying on its own.
>>
>>489355704
Seems to be perfectly alive for weeks now, cope retarded faggot
>>
>>489357154
That's not really saying much when last thread dragged on for ten days.
>>
>>489357364
>Noooo why aren't there 10 retarded trannies posting
>jee
>meow
>yem
>10 times per hour???
>>
>>489252548
dsg is unusable (old vg general that is >90% people who are literally mentally ill)
erg is like the worst /v/ thread in existence but with the same 50 anons who post bad fanart and complain about PvP
fsg is slow because these games are all old and there’s nothing to discuss that hasn’t been said 100+ times

fsg is the least bad by far.
>>
>>489337370
would be cool if he was so hard that nobody could get past him until they'd beaten the rest of the game
>>
>>489326971
What is he balanced for? I beat him at like +6 because I did the shadow keep when I found it
>>
Doing a SL1 playthrough of DS3 for the first time after finishing everything there is on Elden Ring RL1.
And it's just terribly boring. There's no build variety you're just steamrolling through everything with a Raw Infusion broadsword is DS2 and DS1 as boring as this for SL1 too?
>>
>>489362297
And Elden Ring RL1 was extremely fun btw, my build was highly varied but my most used weapons were clayman's harpoon, hookclaws and meteoric ore blade. I never got bored at any single point.
>>
>>489362775
hope your upgrade level was +0
>>
>>489362297
DS1 SL1 is kinda interesting you're basically limited to clubs and shitty armor and pyromancy. It's not weak but you have to think about what you're doing and adjust to the enemies. DS2 is also kind of funny, but it starts to have the issue that DS3 has.
>>
>>489362297
>is it actually fun to play meme challenges that ignore half of the game's mechanics and streamers/youtubers go through them just because it's good for views
>>
>>489357154
>check /dsg/
>half the thread is just them obsessing over some twitch tranny
>>
File: opera_CZnhD3Vt1v.png (435 KB, 543x371)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
You guys want to play in the VGL? It's a soccer tournament between /vg/ generals. /dsg/ played in it like, 11 years ago and was actually the inaugural champion. We'd have to make up a team of memes from our general/characters from our games and do uniforms and shit. I don't think they'll let us 100% inherit stuff from /dsg/ because they still exist, but it would still be fun to play against /ddg/ or /xcg/.

Here's the most recent final day, click through this and you'll get an idea of what the event is: https://implying.fun/video/vgl22/2024-06-30/
>>
>>489373245
holy shit man this gave me severe nostalgia for how good /dsg/ used to be before the infestation
>>
File: opera_WSbls1kyLQ.png (36 KB, 702x387)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
Here's /dsg/'s old roster they fielded in like 2014. Really rough looking. It's safe to say that something like Git Gud will stay around, but we should probably swap out Solaire for the Dung Eater in the goal. I'd also like to see Radahn and Messmer on the pitch, but where? Couldn't tell ya.
>>
>>489373245
This general is defacto /dsg/, we had to split off from the original name because /dsg/ eventually got taken over by a tranny clique for what it's worth. It's also severely dead right now because this tranny clique has ensured the general stays shit so few people bother coming here anymore
>>
>>489375278
So what, should we go in with /erg/ then?
>>
>>489375173
put in Marika's Tits
>>
>>489370552
these sorts of "meme" challenges existed way before you were born
>>
>>489379743
>pedophile dreaming about talking to kids on the internet
>>
>>489375617
Bet. If anyone else has any ideas for the roster, just post them wherever. The tournament isn't for a while so we've got time.
>>
I hope the ACVI dlc has more dogshit weapons that weigh 15,000 and eat up 2,000 EN like fat fucks and are only good during the half second when opponents are staggered.
>>
Every time i use palm blast in pvp i yell RASENGAN
>>
>>489391864
based
>>
File: IMG_9512.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
This game looks great. Graphics in videogames don't need to be any better than this.
>>
>>489402283
this game doesn't have shadows so its not perfect
>>
>>489402872
I didn't say "perfect", I said "great"
>>
>>489402283
As always, this is a matter of art direction more than it is graphical fidelity. FromSoft's internal engine seems very limited, and they don't use a lot of features - whether it's because they can't optimize them enough to do so, or because they live in perpetual fear of DS2: 2. I personally despise DS3's lighting, even though I love the art direction.
>>
I'm about to finish a Sekiro playthrough and try to beat Genichiro in the prologue, which I never have. Remind me so I can practice with the proper restrictions, do you keep your consumables? Emblems? Mikiri and combat arts?
>>
>>489391819
If stagger meter is included in the next game I won't even play it.
>>
File: ds2starto.png (3.05 MB, 1920x1080)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB PNG
I guesss I'll replay DS2
>>
>>488746132
>dark nigger general
>elden nigger general
>from nigger general
how many nigger generals do you niggers need?
>>
>>489416280
/vg/ is at like 30% capacity stop whining
>>
>watch soulsnig try to play other action games as if they were souls
>"Do verticals? You already typed that 50 times, do it again and you're getting banned"
This series really brainrots people. Don't do combos, don't block, just dodge and press one button over and over.
>>
what's a good alternative to queelag's furysword? I'm too afraid of losing my humanity...
>>
>>489419538
I played Hollow Knight like a souls game, just jump, dash and slash. Barely use spells or sword techs except in very specific situations.
>>
>>489419538
It really iskind of brainrotted to watch a streamer and trying to tell him how to play
>>
>>489419538
it brain rots people even within just the souls series
>>
>>489416280
you're right, we need 3 more gacha generals instead
>>
>>489405726
>keep your consumables? Emblems? Mikiri and combat arts?
Yes
>>
>>489419538
I beat nioh with only one weapon type, high stance only. Cry about it.
>>
File: file.jpg (108 KB, 1080x601)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>
Sekiro's combat is so much better than any other FS game, holy shit.
>>
Bros help me, she's hard.
Also, literally the only thing I knew about this game going in was apparently this lady was considered the hardest boss across soulslikes and Fromsoft games
They kinda right.
>>
is it just me or is ds3 is too fast combat-wise for its own good?
>>
>>489416280
you dont understand the deep lore and conflict of dsg fsg bbg erg eroge acg acg but on m
>>
>>489357604
>>489357364
nobody cared until i put on the yem
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.13 MB, 2560x1440)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Does anyone have the painting of the bridge, river and town at night which obviously inspired the Irithyl vista?
For the life of me I can't remember the name or artist.
>>
>>489448616
It really forces you to memorize attack timings but I think it's more repetitive.
>>
>>489453003
>Parry AND Dodge, especially the sweeps
>circle strafe to get behind her and smack her shield before Phase 2
>when you stagger her watch out for the AoE
>when Phase 2 starts she jumps up and hurls lightining, parry to melt her health
>after that she does a divebomb AoE, this is a parry check, if you can't get it down try a weapon art with a parry counter (Ettiquete or Dragon Crecent Glaive come to mind)
>when she does her big combo, dodge as much as possible, if she jumps bach prepare to parry a thrust/grab, and if it whiffs or you dodge it she can follow up with annother
Also bestest girl
>>489448616
>We live in the timeline where Fomsoft made Sekiro and themln decided to go back to more roll-souls instead of parry kino
Grim, its for Worst Korea to save us now
>>
File: two wives.jpg (723 KB, 2560x1440)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
Eh, at least my Unkindled looks cute enough. It took me a while to farm that fucking armor and then i turn out that statwise, Mirrah set overshadows it. Fuck it, fashion over functionality.
>>
>>489462701
Aren't there a parry or something in ER? I'm playing glass cannon mage and have no idea.
>>
>>489465820
you dropped the mouse ears?
>>
>>489466525
People were making fun of them, so I did.
>>
Dork Rolls is not just the worst in the series, it might be among the worst games ever made.
>>
File: 1709706282390145.png (336 KB, 726x562)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
new jay
>>
Is the Prisoner a good starting class for Elden Ring? I've played it for maybe half an hour, defeated some random cave boss and so far, the sorcery+rapier combo fucks.
But the headpiece is buttfuckingly ugly.
>>
>>489472601
wrong general
>>
>>489472689
Fine, I am coming back to posting about DS3.
Tips for defeating the Pontifex?
>>
>>489472601
It's one of the 3 good starting classes
>>
>>489472851
you can parry him
>>
>>489448616
I never understood what's so compelling about it? That it's your turn to attack all the time as long as you time the cling clang properly? I wish they'd get creative and have lights and heavies + combos to execute and more weapon types. L1 R1 R1 L1 R1 R1 should be punished. Some kind of style multiplier so you have to switch things up to play optimally.
>>
>>489472689
>/erg/
>/fsg/
>/dsg/
honestly this general is the most redundant of them all, not sure why someone even made it
>>
>>489475054
it was made out of spite because nobody wanted to talk about lies of p in /dsg/. that's why the soulslikes are still in the op.
>>
File: DS3(1).png (571 KB, 970x928)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
I just killed this creature. Guess what color their phantom was.
>>
>>489475813
Red?
>>
For the headless phase of the Guardian Ape, is there a way to bait the tumbling down slash? I'm trying to do the gauntlet with it and the fight is not hard, but it takes fucking forever because using the spear after that is the only way to do significant posture damage. Even trying to get in more attacks just triggers his scream, which I have to wait out so it makes the fight even longer.
>>
>>489475973
close, purple
>>
>>489477654
lmao, sounds about right
>>
Playing Demon's Souls right now. Flamelurker did put me on the edge of my seat, lmao.
>>
>>489475254
gee I wonder why people didn't want to talk about a game that wasn't Dark Souls in a Dark Souls general, and so people talk about it in a FROM general despite it not being a FROM game?
>>
>>489475054
I liked the time when /fsg/ and /dsg/ was merged unfortunately some drama fag had to ruin it by throwing a temper tantrum
>>
>>489482617
that one sperg who threw the hissy fit over /dsg/men doesn't even post anymore lol
>>
>>489482617
I didn't like yemmy yem it slurm poopa goopa mokfel tiff dog 3/4
>>
>>489483308
Filters exists for a reason
>>
>>489483658
Nah, keep it off the thread.
>>
>>489484049
You don't even play the games
>>
I just destroyed Pontiff with 3 parries and then spamming R1 for 10 seconds

I kinda hate how elden ring has made these games so trivial to play
>>
>>489485176
I hope the next game is even harder
>>
>>489485904
I hope the next game really tones down player power, speed and mobility. Thats the only way to realistically keep adding challenge

But seeing how this series is mainstream now the last thing they're gonna do is make the player character slow and awkward to move
>>
>>489487013
You will play a spiritual succssessor to bayonetta made by from soft and you'll like it.
>>
File: 1712872680491288.jpg (78 KB, 686x386)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>489375173
No Patches?
>>
>>489485904
I wonder how they do that without tweeking engine heavily and redoing combat.
To beef up challenges. Bosses ignore so many rules these games used to have. Their movments track and delay to catch the player. They do instant 180 turns clipping through player to reach you.
They ignore walls and ceiling more then before and arena is so small that boss spends whole fight clipping through something.
More crap attacks and insta kill attacks. More shock wave attacks that have massive hit boxes. More 1-2 combos that fuck you up if they catch you.
What else they can do?
Whole game takes place in poison swamp? Every attack is insta kill?
Making enemies beefier or lowering player dps would make it too tedious and booring for most of players.
>>
>>489487013
They probably shelf this style gameplay. Next game is compleatly diffrent from anything else. Then game that's more like sekiro. Maybe another AC after that.
Then in mid 2030s. They put out new game in this style.
>>
>>489494120
fuck off back to /v/eddit
>>
>>489494616
Fine argument.
>>
>>489494120
Mostly just speed the game up further
>>
>>489494827
I wasn't making an argument esltard
>>
>the fucking jailer room in irithyl dungeon
how the FUCK do i get past this
>>
>>489453754
Yes, but people like speed so they mistake the presence of speed for good design. Demon's Souls was a slow-paced dungeon crawler, not a fast-paced action game, and the core mechanics of Souls combat reflect that. Trying to make it more action-y needs to be done with care, else it starts to break down. Bloodborne did it very well; DS3 has its moments but overall it does a much worse job.
>>489495052
Would only work if they ditch the retarded roll-on-button-release. That one design element is the biggest hard-cap on how fast the combat can be. The lack of cancellable animations is the second biggest factor.
>>
>>489496467
Run past them. Or used ranged attacks if you want to clear them out.
>>
/dsg/ is being gay again :/
>>
it was one post you big baby
>>
>>489495976
>irithyl dungeon
Just ran past them. Run past everything

Unless you're a completionist theres no point in wasting your time there. The jailer mobs draining your health on sight is an inexcusable mechanic for me
>>
>>489497247
>Just ran past them. Run past everything
Yeah,just run past the guys who automatically drain your health with a line a sight. Run past through the narrow-ass corridors.
>>
>>489497512
yes. quit the game if you're too dumb to dodge their slow attacks.
>>
>>489497512
I mean you need to kill a few of them but the big jailer room with 6 of them you can run past
>>
Is coop playthrough in Nioh possible?
>>
Finally an actually good review of SotE
https://youtu.be/VxAJvP57XnU?si=i4OpdVl_IW5Lqtcq
>>
>>489465835
Souls Parry is only effective on certian attacks and require a shield or buckler, Sekiro-Sifu-LoP parries affect everything, litterally everything(Punches, Kicks, Animal Bites, Lightining Bolts, Bullets, Anime-Too-Fast-To-See-Sword-Strikes) and is an innate gameplay mechaic
>>
>>489502306
damn a review made by a non brainless person how rare
>>
>>489502306
>>489505657
buy an ad nigger
>>
>>489505946
>>
>>489502306
his literal first argument is
>I don't like open world games, so I enjoyed how I could just skip through the open world since it's empty anyway
which is logical, but it stands in total contrast to himself saying it's the best DLC fromsoft ever made. Hey faggot, I also don't like open world games, but unlike you I don't make sensationalist claims to get people to watch your shit video. This DLC was shit because it was also open world and the actual levels sucked. There you go. Not watching the rest
>>
>>489502306
>50% of the review is just talking about the boses
Don't even need to watch it to know it's shit. Anyone who would spend that much time talking about the bosses at the expense of the other 80% of the game is certifiably brainrotted. These people have zero appreciation for subtlety and can only think and talk about the biggest, flashiest, most attention-grabbing aspects of the game. Anything less than loud sounds and pretty lights are lost on them.
>>
>>489508280
low iq
>>
>>489508280
No, he says that he doesn't like how open world games are filled with shitty poorly curated open world "gameplay" setpieces, which is in contrast to how Elden Ring and especially Shadow of the Erdtree work. You go through a land, stopping to defeat some enemies/bosses but most of the gameplay is in large or minor dungeons with some ambience and cool vistas and boss gaols/enemy encounter inbetween rather than forefeiting verticality and level design
Like Fallout rather than Far Cry
>>
>>489507993
Huh, so this is Photon
>>
>>489510502
>>Huh, so this is Photon
Nope, not it*
>>
>>489508595
Retard
>>
>>489510765
Yes, thank you anon, that's the word I was looking for; he's a retard.
>>
how much time do (you) spend fighting bosses and how much time do you spend on the rest of the game?
>>
>>489510073
You didn't comprehend my post or what he was saying. He was specifically saying he doesn't like open world, but in SoTE it's better than in the base game because it's empty as fuck in SOTE so you miss out on nothing by skipping most of it. I said it's logical. I said just because it lets you circumvent it's major flaw by not engaging with it doesn't mean it's not majorly flawed.

See it the other way around: This guy probably cares about bosses (since thats about the only thing left he COULD positively rate in the review, not that I watched it).
If I now made the argument that the bosses are all terrible dogshit (I dont actually believe this) but it's good that I can skip all of them except for 3 of them, so the DLC is actually great... would you not think thats fucking lunacy and only a retard could come up with this sort of bullshit logic? That's his argument. He's phrasing a negative as a positive because he doesn't like to to begin with and just skips it anyway.
>>
>>489511131
Oh also, it doesn't even make sense. If you play through this blind, you wouldn't know that the open world is completely empty anyways. So his review only makes sense from the perspective of a filthy guide reader or a replay.
>>
>>489511115
on my first playthrough probably around 15% of my playtime is on bosses
>>
>>489511131
>but in SoTE it's better than in the base game because it's empty as fuck in SOTE so you miss out on nothing by skipping most of it.
No, he said he likes that there's a focus on more diverse dungeons rather than more, even at the cost of some retards calling certain areas "empty", and that it's funny that people asked for this yet complain. He wishes that there was less space at times between point of interest, but praises negative space in the video or in the comment bevause it builds atmosphere, allows route planning and doesn't waste much time at all. In fact the short section about world design included praising how each location was placed with verticality and intricate design. It's a different way to do open world though
>>
>>489511131
>not that I watched it
why are you talking about something you didn't watch?
peak schizo behaviour, least mentally ill 4chintard
>>
>>489511813
Nah you don't get to say no. He literally says that. Want the transcript, cocksucker?

>there are often areas of the game that have a lot of riding time with no items to pick up or no dungeons to find. Abyssal woods in particular gets a lot of flak for this. This never really bothered me as I've always said that I do not like open world games as they tend to just feel like a massive chore to me, and I kind of prefer carefree sightseeing and enjoying froms art direction without feleing the need to scour every dark corner for a sidequest. As a result my playtime was shortened by not lingering too long in any given area and having less downtime between the real highlight of finding new enemies to fight and bosses to overcome.

So fuck off with your
>nuh uh thats not what he said
that is literally what he fucking said cunt
>>
>>489512261
And then he says
>I find it a bit ironic how so many people asked for Less side content but with higher quality since exploring was a chore and when we got exactly that in the DLC now people say there isn't enough things to explore, I guess you can't please everyone but some people you can't please at all. >After a few times through an area though I can get the feeling of just wishing the distance between you and the next point of interest was a bit shorter though or at least had an extra thing to do some people will say that they felt the area of the map was too big but I'm still happy that I get that feeling I had playing the base game of Elder ring just being amazed at how much game there was still even after Leyndell, something I have not felt in many games again
>Though I much prefer the linear tailored experience you get in shorter games but an open world is a neat way to experience From art style they've always been excellent and revealing amazing vistas as you progress and this is what makes their open world so visually appealing as you can still point the camera anywhere and it looks straight out of a painting.
>It's also nice to have an open world designed in a way that allows you to see just about every point of interest without needing to do a lame ass tower mini game. >The Natural verticality of Elden Ring's world is exaggerated in the DLC to the point where it reminded me of DS1 a little interconnecting here and there with a few routes across the land leading to the imposing Shadow keep
So no, mindbroken faggot. The point is that Fromsoftware did open world differently in a way that isn't meant to fill every inch of the corner
>>
>>489485176
I'm replaying every Souls game and DS3 is just fucking dismal. DeS, DS1, and even DS2 have their endearing qualities and I still love them despite their flaws, but DS3 is a grim slog from beginning to end. Roll and R1, roll and R1, roll and R1, ad infinitum because nothing else can compete with ol' reliable. The stiflingly linear progression doesn't help, either. I'll be doing another playthrough with Champion's Ashes just to see if it improves the experience.
>>
>>489487013
>I hope the next game really tones down player power, speed and mobility.
I hope that the whiny "The bosses are playing Bloodborne / Sekiro, but the player character is playing Dark Souls" fags finally get their epic DMC-inspired Soulslike so they can shut the fuck up. Even though they could just play Wo Long and see how well that worked out.
Elden Ring hits the sweet spot for me in terms of player ability, except common enemies are far too weak to deal with how absurdly strong and mobile the player character is. Jumping alone breaks half the dungeons in the game.
>>
>>489511813
>>489512024
>>489512261
>>489513161
>>489514197
keep it on topic, please
>>
>>489513161
wow so exactly what I said. Get fucked retarded nigger trying to kneejerk with
>NO HE DIDNT SAY THAT!
>>
>>489512024
I watched the first argument he made and I only talked about that. It was retarded so I closed the video
>no you can't just talk about him making a retarded point, you have to listen to his entire 30 minute critique
No
>>
>>489515683
>>489515846
lol
>>
>>489502306
I think this guy's a little too forgiving of FromSoft, but I more or less agree with most of his thoughts about Elden Ring and the DLC. He has a very grounded perspective, but he's also clearly going a little insane due to how badly nostalgia affects any attempt at discussing FromSoft games in-depth.

>>489511131
This makes sense to me. When I first played Elden Ring, I went through this phase where I was, for lack of a better term, over-exploring the open world. I assumed that every dark, dusty corner of Limgrave would yield something interesting. And in a sense, I was right, because I usually got something out of over-exploring: a smithing stone, consumable, or rare crafting material. By the time I got to Limgrave, I realized that the open world wasn't designed for me to do this, but it still rewarded me. It's exactly like those coin piles in difficult-to-access spots in Mario Odyssey: the developer saying, "You didn't have to do this, but we knew you'd want to." I enjoyed the game much more once I realized this. In the end, I only missed out on two minor dungeons and some small rewards like ashes of war (shield bash is in the middle of fucking nowhere, for example) as a result.

SotE was the same process. I quickly realized that the design of the DLC's open world is subtly different from the base game. There's less side content, but the game is clearer about what is and isn't worth exploring. Every obvious path leads you to precisely one or two things: for example, Cerulean Coast is big and you might think that the southern peninsula leads to a lot of content, but it specifically only leads to the fissure. Or the side path in the southern finger ruin that only leads to a cookbook. That cookbook was when I realized how the DLC is designed, and stopped expecting to be anything but more Elden Ring, but subtly different.
The open world areas in the DLC are closer to environmental set pieces, especially Jagged Peak / Abyssal Woods / Finger Ruins.
>>
>>489516721
It makes sense as a logical player consequence. The open world's empty so I'll just skip 40% of it.
It doesn't make sense from an actual design perspective though. Why did the devs bother making all this shit open world if I just walk across the road to the next POI anyway?
And here's exactly why open world games are shit. Even just Oolacile Township is brimming with great design and I want to skip none of it. SOTE is embarrassing in that it took an embarrassingly bad concept (open world souls) and made it even worse (open world souls but even less reasons to explore) conceptually.

Like when you're describing how to make the game TOLERABLE rather than explaining why it's good you don't then get to say "and that's why it's good"
>>
File: 1721988221383034.jpg (262 KB, 1300x861)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>489515683
I'm not reading your guys' gay little game design argument but this post tells me you lost, whatever it is.
>calling someone a nigger and ripping the all caps greentext
>>
>>489517320
The open world is cool and finding the paths to where you want to go is fun
>>
>>489517582
You fit right in doing nothing but retarded pointless kneejerk reactions, retarded nigger
>>
File: elden ring cinegrid.jpg (2.18 MB, 4096x3045)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>489517320
Because the open world is beautiful, atmospheric, and allows you complete freedom to go wherever you want for most of the base game and DLC. People hyperfocus on the negative aspects, some of which are partially their responsibility. Every once in a while I'll actually stop and play the game "properly" in the open world. Clearing camps, ruins, or open world combat encounters the way they're designed to be cleared - instead of mindlessly sprinting through them on Torrent while masking triangle over items. It's nice. It's what you make of it, honestly. If you treat it like slop that's there to be ignored, you get slop. If you stop and smell the roses, you're reward with a visually stunning open world that consistently rewards exploration. No, exploration is not just plucking arteria leaves out of the unwashed asshole of the open world. Exploration leads you to everything in the game. If you only ever followed the grace of gold, you'd miss out on a massive amount of content.

I don't even like the open world that much and I hope that the next game has a much higher proportion of "traditional content", but I'd also be lying if I said I want to go back to a world designed like BB's, DS3's, or Sekiro's. We're likely never getting another world designed like DS1's again, so if this is the alternative and it offers me this much freedom, I'll take it.
>>
File: troll tier god.png (6 KB, 78x78)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>489517582
?
>>
>>489519165
>Because the open world is beautiful, atmospheric, and allows you complete freedom to go wherever you want for most of the base game and DLC.
And yet the greatest point he makes for why the open world is good is that you can just skip it.

By the way, all of those points apply to dark souls games too. You're exactly as free to just walk to the altus plateau as you are to just walk to the tomb of giants. You don't need open world for any of the rest either.
>>
>>489516721
>t's exactly like those coin piles in difficult-to-access spots in Mario Odyssey: the developer saying, "You didn't have to do this, but we knew you'd want to."
Bad comparison. Coins and moons in Mario Odyssey are fungible; any one of them is exactly as good as any other, so unless you're going for 100% completion, you can freely pick and choose which ones to get without really missing out on anything.
Elden Ring on the other hand has a ton of unique weapons, spells, talismans, spirit ashes, armor sets, ashes of war, bell bearings, and more hidden away behind exploration. These are non-fungible and cannot be obtained by any other means. Some of them might be crucial for your build or at least give you a huge advantage. Others (a huge majority) will be completely worthless to you since they're useless for your build and they don't even sell for anything like they would in other games.
Unless you look up a guide or have beaten the game already and remember everything perfectly, you won't know which content has a worthwhile reward and which does not, but because some rewards are so vital—namely the smithing stones and also gloveworts if you use spirits—you're still incentivized to explore a majority of the map, despite most of it having lame content.
The whole reward structure badly needs an overhaul if they ever make another open world game. It's another one of those things that was carried over from Dark Souls but doesn't actually fit the open world setting. Rewards should be more fungible, and there shouldn't be nearly so many items you can only find in this one tiny corner of the map.
>>
>>489518825
Cute hissy fit
>>
>>489520338
I made a point and defend it, you're posting homestuck pics while playing peanut gallery. It's clear that you're just some eunuch
>>
>>489520204
Good point and this is what personally compelled me to explore every corner even though it's a chore. I want to not actually miss relevant items for my character, and I have no way of knowing beforehand where they are.
I'm fully aware that I create this chore for myself, but exploring everything to find everything I can use on my character was part of the draw in dark souls to me. If that aspect of the game worsened, then it's worse, regardless of wether I engage in it or not
>>
>>489520204
I appreciate your argument, because you're right about a lot of items in ER being non-fungible, but I think that the game follows a sufficiently consistent logic when it comes to denoting what is and isn't worthwhile that the player can intuit the more they play the game. There's different levels of this.
>extremely basic
Scarabs glow, glow depending on the color of what they drop, emit a constant sound effect that makes it easy for the player to locate them, are typically placed in such a way that they're either visible or audible to the player, and the invisible ones leave a particle effect trail. There are very few that are placed in out-of-the-way corners, and even the invisible ones are almost always placed in wide, open areas where the player can see the particle effect trail from a distance.
>basic
You don't have to explore the whole map for smithing stone or glovewort because they're perhaps the most logically consistent items in terms of their placement. Smithing stones are dropped by level-appropriate enemies and found on corpses, but more importantly they're always found in mines (and in the DLC, forges), and mines are the only minor dungeons that are pre-marked on the player's map. Similarly, glovewort is found primarily in catacombs and underground, so it's a little different but the same principle. Furthermore, smithing stone bell-bearings are either placed in mines or directly on the intended progression path.
>more complicated
I'm not going to go into too much detail because this will just devolve into us going back-and-forth with conflicting examples because there are exceptions, but there's a fairly consistent logic distinguishing between
>random dead-end path that leads to crafting materials
and
>potentially worthwhile point of interest with real loot
I'd use the afflicted village in Weeping Peninsula as an example because it has both of these, and the difference is clearly communicated to / perceptible by the player.
>>
>faggot posts his jewtube channel and spams the thread with walls of text
Buy a fucking ad nigger
>>
>>489523052
Go back to /dsg/.
>>
>>489522065
>because there are exceptions
The existence of these exceptions invalidates the greater whole, because of the concept outlined in >>489521353
I COULD be missing something and the game established before that good shit is hidden in random ass corners I wouldn't really look at if I didn't specifically scan over 100% of the area deliberately. So I will be doing it, even if it's only true rarely.

If you want an example of it within even just the DLC: Savage lion's claw is in a random little camp hidden behind some rocks at a cliff side you wouldn't often look at unless you intentionally scanned every piece of geometry. This is at the very start of the DLC
>>
>>489523052
Go back to your medicine cabinet, open it, and take the pills the doctor prescribed
>>
>>489522065
That's true but it only applies to a fraction of the exploration/minidungeon rewards in the game, maybe half of them at most. It does little to address the shortcomings of the game's reward structure.
>>
File: file.png (117 KB, 319x264)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>489523436
the "buy an ad" poster is your guy tho
>>
>>489523436
>>489523919
I don't need some redditor to explain why the DLC is a 6/10, I already know that.
>>
>>489524620
Trying to shut down pve discussion is exactly what /dsg/ anons do all the time.
>>
>>489458669
I found the painting I was thinking of.

It's different from my memory in so many ways. Really funny what 8 years does.
>>
>>489525252
idk i can see plenty of pve discussion in /dsg/ rn
>>
>>489525395
Several of those posts are mine.
>>
>>489525256
Lol we bombed this place.
>>
if you think about it, doing a degree or certification is like making a build and then your job is like equipping the weapon basically how you use it in the job market.

running around making your build is like working part time at odd jobs while getting your medical degree or forklift certification. Once your build is ready it's like you're authorized to practice medicine or drive a forklift
>>
>>489453003
Probably the most fun fight in the game. Not hardest, that goes to Green Monster of the Swamp.

With a strength build, I used the Acidic Crystal Spear blade on the Piston Rock Drill handle, "The Penetrator". The range on the heavy attacks is convenient and phase 1 has many openings where you can take full advantage of the endless charge attack. Only a couple of taps of the charge attack breaks her shield, which staggers her and lets you keep the charge attack going for a few more seconds. Normally you *clang* off the shield, but not with the charge attack. When you stance-break her for a fatal attack opportunity, it's better to go for a charge attack instead. Fable is better spent on the blade art than the handle art.

For phase 2 I made heavy use of the various tools the game give us.
At the phase transition I used Perfection Grindstone then just held down block for the lighting balls and her dive. The balls are easy to parry normally, but the dive is a real pain.
I would use Aegis during chaotic moments. Lets you pause the fight for a few seconds.
Shot Put to stance-break her because she moves too much to hit with a charge attack.
Carcass Body Fluid Bottle for damage at range.
Murderer Puppet's Amulet
>>
>>489528939
I didnt know that yet
>>
All versions of the same enemy have the same drop tables in DS2, right? I've been farming this Syan Knight with the spear near the Nashandra boss room for way too long and all he ever drops is Monastery Charms.
>>
>>489531717
I vaguely remember farming it on that guy yes
>>
I would take a carefully crafted level than a repetitive open world that's too big for its own good.
>>
Imagine for a moment playing DS1 without boss fights.
You would still journey through the undead parish and face dangers along the way, like thought out undead soldier sections, then eventually make your way to the top of the church after the balder knights and berenike knight and channeler + hollow horde, and ring the bell.
Same with the bell after blighttown. A rickety gauntlet with toxic enemies and assholes hiding in jars and all that. Swamp portion full of barbarians who roll rocks at you like a dung beetle. You may even steer into darkroot forest, full of pvp and fake pvp enemies and weird plantmen and cats.
Then you go through the trap gauntlet that is Sen's Fortress, filled with snakemen hindering your progress and some giants throwing shit at you and rolling balls at you, ontop of the traps and lack of checkpoints.
You take the airplane over, and find your way through the corridors and staircases of anor londo, fighting through rooms and rooftops guarded by silver knights until you find Gwynevere.

Then you fight through to the respective lordsouls, one being in a crystal cave with many dangerous drops and hidden paths and golems and other wildlife right after a tricky library full of moving things and channelers and crystal hollows making your life hard.
Or you go through a notoriously unfinished area, lost izalith, which still happens to be pretty cool, you trek through a demon infested ruin, then across lava and there's big dragon asses until you make it to another ruin filled with weird fire spewing insect dragons things and weird tentacle bugs. Siegmeyer is here too, wow..
You could also choose to go through the catacombs, inhabited by skeletons and necromancers raising them, and tricky drops and flipping bridges, and get raped by wheel skeletons, after which you'll head to the tomb of giants, a totally dark place inhabited by giant skeletons and skeleton dogs. Near the end there's those weird skeleton towers and skeleton babies too. Creepy...
>>
>>489538168
Afterwards, you could go into the new londo ruins, filled with ghosts that need you to get cursed to fight them, and darkwraiths that are pretty exquisite human enemies that will suck you dry. Aswell as those weird mass enemies. At the end of the zone you need to plunge into the abyss to find what you seek.
Don't forget about optional zones like the depths, a tricky sewer system full of curse frogs and rats, or the painted world which is inhabited by weird crow demons that jump off the rooftops, and weird infested hollows that will rape you with fire and toxic. Also some powerful knights and dragon guarding a bridge. Or the great hollow, a hidden zone you can only access via illusory walls, basically one big dropdown with mushroom wildlife and frogs. Eventuall you reach the ash lake with oyster guys and a hydra and find a gigantic ancient dragon at the end. Pretty crazy and cinematic.
You might even do the DLC, which involves going back in time to see the darkroot garden again, find golems here just like in the contemporary version, aswell as those gardeners. And head down into the abyss via the oolacile township, inhabited by many fucked up weird assholes that use dark magic and stuff, and some weird ball and chain prisoner guy at the end. Then you reach this chasm full of actual humanity that clips into you and sucks your life out.

Crazy how this game would still totally work without bosses right?
>>
>>489538747
Now imagine the following: Playing Elden Ring without bosses. Let's take for example the DLC to keep it brief, since Elden Ring is so fucking gigantic.

You load into the big cool fields, and you head towards the castle building you see in the middle. You go there, and it's inhabited by those black shadow guys. You might fight a curseblade on the way, a otugh single enemy hanging out on a pillar. You also decide to look at the ruins nearby which have some birds on stones, and a nearby village with some manflies. Cool. You then decide to go up the path the fire golem is guarding, potentially after killing him.
You eventually come across the stairs to your first legacy dungeon. It's filled with the same black shadows you just fought. It's mostly just a straight walk towards the end. You come across the shadow guys but you already saw those. You come across the manflies, but you already saw those. You come across some gravebirds, but you already saw those. There's a curseblade, but you already saw one. There's a new enemy, actually, it's a hornsent knight, two different variants. Otherwise the whole place is kinda samesy, just inhabited by enemies you already fought.

You decide to head across theb ridge next. There's messmer soldiers and knights here, which are mostly just recolors of the basegame footsoldier/soldier/knight enemies that existed with unique moves, so they're fresh but not terribly so. You head into the manor. It's guarded by a giant, you already saw those in the basegame. You head up into it and there's mostly just more messmer soldiers and some hollow nobles and dogs you saw in the basegame. You come across an NPC invader, a carian knight. He drops a sword that you already had from the basegame, but with a different weapon art. Uh, ok. You leave and you come across a big field. In the big field there is another fire golem. Then there's more messmer soldiers. Then you go into the shadow keep, where you fight messmer soldiers again.
>>
>>489538168
>>489538747
>>489539572
ok now what about DS2
>>
>>489539572
As you ascend the shadow keep, you come across even more of these black shadow guys. There's also vulgar militias that you already saw in the basegame, and those stupid bats. There's also fire knights, which come in some variants and are cool. The storeroom is fairly memorable, but nothing else really was so far, and it's still mostly reused enemies.
You decdie to go through that illusory wall you found at the bottom of the keep and you're now descending some area full of manflies and gravebirds, which you already saw. Then I lost interest writing this because it's really just this same stuff ad nauseum.

Thanks for reading my autistic ramble on why I dislike Elden Ring, it's a game solely centered on bosses.
>>
>>489539775
DS2 would probably largely have a similar feeling as DS2, except the transistions would make no fucking sense and the game would be far bigger
>>
File: file.png (53 KB, 669x203)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
anyone else watch this guy?
>>
>>489538747
>Crazy how this game would still totally work without bosses right?
It wouldn't
>>
>>489540995
Yeah
>>
>>489533979
Thanks, anon. At least it won't feel so bad knowing it can drop here.
>>
File: grandpa.jpg (177 KB, 736x1104)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>489540995
Sure, sure. All the time.

Let's get you back to /dsg/, anon.
>>
>>489540995
no but i'm glad you do because if he didn't have an audience i'm certain he'd be a school shooter
>>
>>489539572
>There's messmer soldiers and knights here, which are mostly just recolors of the basegame footsoldier/soldier/knight
they aren't though
>>
>>489539853
Fair enough
>>
>>489542330
This. The generic footman are reskins, but both the soldiers and knights have completely new, unique movesets with new models and textures. The only thing they reuse is the animation rig, which seems to be a concept beyond the average person who complains about reused assets, so I don't know why I'm even bothering to make this distinction.
>>
>>489543092
>animation rig
elaborate
>>
>>489542330
Well, they're the same skeletons so I should've said reskins. My meaning is that it's just another repeat of
>radahn/cuckoo/haligtree/godrick/mausoleum/leyndell footsoldier/soldier/knight
Which I understand is an intentional theme but as I said: it's fresh, but it's not that fresh. Just because it's an intentional theme doesn't mean it's that interesting. Although the footsoldiers do straight up have copypasted attacks too, which cheapens the concept further.
>>
>>489543347
They're not reskins though
>>
>>489543390
I explained to you exactly what I mean by spelling it out, I don't care that much about the semantics of it.
>>
>>489543486
You clearly care enough about the semantics to be using a semantic argument to nitpick about a common practice in game development that FromSoft has been doing forever, and does quite well relative to lazy fucks like Blizzard who don't hide it at all.
>>
>>489543592
Dam you seem extremely upset for some reason. I already explained what I meant, I don't have to repeat myself.
>>
>>489543196
The nodes and vertexes that simulate the skeleton and musculature of the thing you're animating. Imps use the same animation rig as DS3 thralls. Omen use the same animation rig as Harald knights in DS3. It's a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why waste time making a new rig from scratch when you have one that fulfills the criteria for what you want to make ready? If you need to modify it, you can't modify it. And you can save more time depending on whether you choose to reuse animations (as in the case of imps) or make new ones (omen).
Work smarter, not harder. It also goes unnoticed by 99% of players.
>>
Base Elden Ring is kinda neat without bosses, there are still a lot of enemy types and biomes. Even the reskinned knights have some new moves depending on their allegiance. The DLC doesn't have this variety despite the size. It feels like TRC stretched ultra wide, there's nothing there. The most offensive area is the finger ruins preceded by two tree sentinels and a falling star beast.
>>
>>489544185
>If you need to modify it, you can't modify it.
you can* modify it
>>
File: syan.jpg (3.98 MB, 3069x2062)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB JPG
>got the syan spear first try after I get back to farming
Damn, anon is a good luck charm. Now I just need to run around until I find a cool hat to hide my face.
>>
>>489544404
can I cum on her face?
>>
>>489544404
I like this character and weapon choice
Good
>>
>>489544185
so different animations would be a different set of motions for said animation rig to go through for a specific action?
>>
>>489544605
If you can beat her when she invades I guess

>>489544642
Thought for sure you guys would bully me for the Mytha dagger offhand.
>>
>>489543592
absurd projection in this post. you are the one nitpicking the words he uses, anon was talking about the theme being stale, not animation rig autism.
>>
>>489544678
Yes
>>
>>489545024
I'm not the anon he was talking to initially. I just think it's dishonest to call those two enemies either reused or reskins because they're explicitly not. Both are completely wrong. A reskin is something that is only differentiated by its textures and model. Reuse is self-explanatory. The Messmer soldiers do not share anything with the base game soldiers except their animation skeleton and sound effects. Their model is new, their textures are new, their weapons are new, their shields are new, their animations are new, every single attack they have is new, and they function different in terms of gameplay compared to the base game soldiers. I guarantee that anyone who disagrees has been caught at least once by the axe soldier's roll-catch hell combo. The same applies to the knights.

Both complaints are inaccurate. If you want to complain that the idea of having ANOTHER two generic soldier and knight enemies for a new faction is a stale theme, that's perfectly fine. I agree, I can think of more than a few ways that enemies fulfilling this role could have been implemented.
>>
>>489545027
thanks
>>
I've died more times to fire knights and messmers henchmen than to bosses and black knights.

But I agree that elden ring is too focused on bosses instead of the overall experience. The regular enemies can get boring compared to ds1 where enemies change all the time
>>
>>489545783
so what word would be used for the messmer soldiers and knights in relation to the basegame soldiers and knights?
>>
>>489546119
"Boring", "uninspired", I don't know. I can't think of an appropriate shorthand or buzzard for it off the top of my head, but luckily adjectives exist. I do prefer them to the base game ones, though. I appreciate that there are differences between them, but they're not really that significant or interesting. The Redmanes especially could have used the Messmer's forces treatment.
>>
>>489546421
rehash works I guess
>>
>>489546615
True
>>
>>489546091
>where enemies change all the time
That's just the reality of having an open world game, unfortunately. It's easy to use an enemy 2 or 3 times when you're making a game with ~600 enemies in it, total. Off the top of my head, Anor Londo has something like
>8 armored giants
>2 gargoyles
>4 painting guardians on the upper rafters
>~8 painting guardians below the rafters
>~6 winged demons
>15 silver knights
>2 elite armored giants
So that's roughly 45 enemies for an area with a lot of enemy spam thanks to the silver knights and painting guardians. I'm honestly curious how many enemies total there in DS1 now.

I do think that the last quarter of Elden Ring (and now the DLC) having so few new enemies is a legitimate flaw. It makes sense with what the Haligtree is, but Farum Azula doesn't have an excuse. There interesting new enemies in the DLC, but they're used sparingly relative to the fucking shadow men that are everywhere. Rauh should have had way more spider-scorpions, for example. Maybe I just like the spider-scorpions too much.
>>
>>489547829
It's an overall symptom of the game moving away from previously overarching design that mostly considered the level and the boss as one entity. You didn't get a break between the level and the boss. As a result the level had to be interesting enough to actually play through it, and the boss had to top it off in a cinematic way.
In ER and especially the DLC, it's more that the level exists for the sake of housing a boss. The boss is the real main course, the level is just what you walk through to get up to him, and you only need to do it once since there's a stake of marika/grace infront of it anyway.
>>
>>489548112
I wish every level was 4-2 / 5-1 levels of painful. The divide between level and boss sucks, although I acknowledge that it exists so that bosses can be more mechanically complex / demanding. You'd think that this would mean that the levels themselves could also be more challenging and perhaps some of them are, but a lot of them aren't but that doesn't seem to be the case for the most part. For every banished knight encounter that rapes the souls out of the average player's body, there's ten that offer no resistance whatsoever.
>>
The DS2 DLC final bosses are harder than I remember them being desu, I beat Ivory and Sinh almost first try when I played years ago.
>>
>>489549282
Sinh is just a cocksucker who flies around all fight
>>
Do stats mean much in Nioh? I was indecisive with what weapons I wanted to use and wasted some for some that don't scale with what I ended up liking? Do your samurai skills reset too?
>>
Man Sekiro is fucking draining to play
>>
File: 20240808204640_1.jpg (1.36 MB, 3840x2160)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
enchanted shot
enchanted shot
enchanted shot
enchanted shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWAb5NVALw
>>
>>489552349
They do matter in terms of increasing damage later on, but it doesn't matter what you raise specifically and it's not a big deal in the first 1-3 playthroughs/difficulty. You can always change the scaling of say your Hammer to scale with your main damage stat you raised for Katana, for example. No need to think too deeply about it.
>>
>>488805040
>>488806828
>Fightning 2 of these assholes was brutal
I always just hid in the cave and took out one of them with my greatbow. Didn't even consider you could melee both simultaneously.
>>
retard disease
>>
File: DragonGod.jpg (89 KB, 686x386)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
God I forgot how shit this fight was. I don’t think it’s worse than Bed of Chaos solely on the fact that you can wait to do it until lategame so you can easily tank everything. The gimmick barely even works.
>>
>>489561901
I saw someone nostalgiafagging over this fight the other day. Wild stuff.
>>
>>489562479
If someone considers this a good boss then they probably think they rest of the bosses are untouchable masterpieces
>>
>>489561901
>>489562479
I hear ppl complain about the gimmick so often but I've never had issue with it oddly enough. It's one of those things that make me feel like i'm going insane
>>
>>489563720
It's not a matter of having issues with it. It's a trivially easy fight. It's just a terrible gimmick.
>>
>>489564378
>it's not hard... just bad!
okay dude
>>
>>489561901
Nah this shit was actually scary as fuck in a good way as a kid. Little fun horror section in my rpg, i like it. Demons souls is so fucking goated.
>>
>>489564923
Are you really going to sit here and tell me that Dragon God is an engaging or interesting boss
>>
>>489563720
It just doesn’t work. Doesn’t help when he one shots you even when wearing fire resist stuff.
>>
>>489564923
he actually is the hardest boss in des, i think it’s the only one i died to in my last 2 playthroughs. maybe flamelurker got me once idk.
>>
I’m playing DeS rn, basically just full regen with the ring + shield + weapon. The heavy armor doesn’t really help with defenses that much, but it looks cool and idc about fat rolling its des and I have a big shield that also gets broken through pretty easily too.
>>
File: Reg.jpg (341 KB, 1170x1269)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>489573748
Forgot image idk if ps3 has a screenshot button I think its too old for that
>>
>>489573748
You're good
>>
>>489458669
>>489525256
Eh, close enough
>>
File: 1696999174561828.png (1.34 MB, 2200x1100)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
just let it die, bro....
>>
So are non-great axes just bad across the entire series? Strictly inferior to straight swords?
I would have sworn they did more poise damage but I saw a chart from DS3 where it's identical to straight swords
>>
>>489625001
Go to /dsg/ for build advice.
>>
>>489625001
pretty much yeah but they get some cool perks attached to them like mana Regen on kills and things like thunderstorm
>>
>>489625001
in DS3 straight swords are just busted OP
in every other game they're pretty much the best weapon class and great in pvp too, sometimes for different reasons. Hammers beat them in DS2 kinda, probably in ER too, but they're still really good
>>
>>489626870
>>489625001
>ds3
back to /dsg/ dsgtroon
>>
>>489625184
/dsg/ is currently having a meltdown about which posts are allowed
>>
>>489629028
?
>>
>>489629028
>>489629582
it's just one guy who's trying to send pvers over here to bump this place
>>
>>489631662
It's the same autist who sperged out every time there was a PvE post pre-split, too
it's actually genuine
>>
Zullie whining about reused animations in the new vid, lol
>>
who whining about what
>>
when is hardswapping going to get removed
>>
File: page10_8.png (3.56 MB, 1755x988)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB PNG
https://youtu.be/TR3Vdo5etCQ
>>
If you use a staff are you a mage? even if you have 80 arcane and 10 intelligence?
>>
>>489625001
Yeah im sure theres one or 2 im forgetting that were meta because of some special property but overall axes have always been shit, straight swords have always been better in pretty much every way but were only the best in DS3. In DS1 and demons souls katanas and greatswords were both tied for the best weapon class in my opinion with curved swords being very close dark souls 2 was the rapier game, just upgrade a rapier to max and your overpowered in ds2.
>>
>>489641243
only bandit axe in ds2 was epic
>>
File: 1896617568.webm (855 KB, 960x864)
855 KB
855 KB WEBM
>>489633921
>not practicing hardswapping at db with your boyfriend in 2024
>>
>>489641243
battle axe in DS1 rapes most early bosses with stagger. Both taurus demon and gargs can get staggerlocked by it. It genuinely has great damage too. One of the weps with infinite repeating R1s with low stam cost too. Very underrated wep class
>>
File: estella.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Estella Opera House... Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Y2EbBqoKI
>>
>>489650063
Sounds good
>>
kill yourself lero
>>
>>489655059
>>489645529
LIVE YOURSELF LERO!!!
>>
i look like laddersmith gilligan irl
>>
i look like weaponsmith ornifex irl
>>
File: 1694034919291755.png (2.18 MB, 1430x2048)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
femboy princess
>>
File: 1707152621285735.png (257 KB, 530x535)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
On BB, can you get into custom Chalice dungeons with the 60fps patch...? How does that work? I wanted to get early Burial Blade
>>
Ask again with a different pic
>>
File: 1706143887501391.webm (20 KB, 510x610)
20 KB
20 KB WEBM
>>489681173
nyaever!
>>
>>489681354
>>489681173
>>489679005
?
>>
>>488756019
ER was an incredible success so you could probably expect them to keep the open world style going forward, but man I hope they're more creative with it next time. The caves/catacombs were so boring and in my opinion Limgrave isn't fun on multiple playthroughs. I prefer the unique and smart level design of Dark Souls as opposed to an open world picking up shitter items and farming the same mobs.
>>
>>489689513
The caves were indeed shit but catacombs were pretty good, they just reused the same gimmicks too much since there's so goddamn many of them and the rewards often suck shit.
>>
How long until Bloodborne Complete Edition goes back on sale on the PS Store? I finally have a PS4 but I don't want to pay for $35 and then it goes on sale for $17 a week later!
>>
>>489690913
>He bought a gaystation right before they crack BB emulation
You had a decade
>>
>>489691951
My processor is a 4790k from 2015 and I'm using a mid range 2021 GPU there's no way Bloodborne runs well enough for me
>>
>>489691951
you mean right before they remaster it for PC
>>
>>489692236
lol retard that literally shits on ps4 hardware so even with emulation performance tax thats gonna run bb at 60fps
enjoy your 20 fps version i guess
>>
>>489692918
doubt it. even if my computer turns out to run bb well they only just got bb to boot in an emulator it's not gonna be running the full game any time soon
>>
>>489693234
yeah well id rather play it at 60fps in a year than 20fps today. If I was gonna play it at 20 fps I couldve done it 10 years ago
>>
>>489693420
ok. i couldn't have done it 10 years ago because I'm never going to buy a full priced console for a single game.
>>
>>489693820
dont forget to pay the psn sub for online :^)
>>
>>489694476
>>489693820
>>489693420
>>489693234
>>489692918
I never had framerate issues on ps4 slim
>>
>>489691951
two more years
>>
File: file.png (1.1 MB, 1315x668)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>489632146
This is the opposite of whining about reused animations, Zullie is literally making excuses for them.
>>
demi-human queens use oceiros's animation rig
>>
oceiros. yup. now there's a shitty fight. *sip*
>>
>>489713641
The music was cool at least
>>
https://youtu.be/gqWFn-vb5Aw
New Carbot
>>
Elden Ring isn't going to have the same staying power that DS1-3 did is it?
There's never going to be an Elden Ring mod that is half as good as Daughters of Ash for DS1
>>
File: 1524782507276.jpg (83 KB, 742x691)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
ds2 bad
>>
>>489722762
I still haven't beat Friede or entered The Ringed City DLC
>>
>>489722762
Didn't Daughters of Ash release like 8 years after Dark Souls 1? Maybe give it a minute.
>>
>>489722762
If you actually liked daughters of ash there are atleast 10 elden ring mods with the same quality
>>
>>489737448
Name 3
>>
>>489738698
>Unofficial Expansion
>Reforged
>Reborn
>Convergence
>Ascended
>Darkmoon
>>
>>489740392
all of these suck ass
>>
File: 1699896396727589.gif (1.57 MB, 400x267)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>489740392
>>
>>489740604
I did specificy of the same quality as daughters of ash.
>>
>>489719126
Need to remove all the epic bacon zoomer screaming from their videos
>>
Champion's Ashes is the only good Souls mod
>>
>>489741439
>epic bacon
bacon and mustaches was millennials anon
>>
>>489722762
>as good as Daughters of Ash for DS1
Is it actually good or is it modderslop?
>>
>>489743238
It's dogshit with completely nonsensical design
>>
>>489746996
elaborate
>>
>>489747284
I'm not gonna do a big write up but basically it just mixes shit up in very nonsensical patterns. The enemies they place everywhere make no fucking sense from a level design nor lore angle and the item swap ups make no sense.
For example in the tutorial you get your weapon only after you meet your first enemies. So you can either kill the hollows with a broken sword that does 3 damage per hit or you just run past enemies, grab your wep, then backtrack to them.
You might think "who cares it's just the undead asylum" but this type of design is all over the fucking place
>>
So, going for an FTH/STR build, what's the best sword?

So far i've been using an lightning infused lothric greatsword, but i feel like the damage is a bit disappointing. I've got 31 FTH as of now, btw
>>
>go to bathroom for a single second in an area totally clear of NPCs just before a boss ofg wall
>when i'm back, i'm dead, and the 70k souls i had are gone
well, that's enough souls for today.
>>
>>489749743
>>489743238
doa is only a good mod because it was groundbreaking at the time and rightfully deserves to be acknowledged. by actual videogame design standards it’s not good
>>
>>489756249
Yeah I mean it was an impressive proof of concept technically but it's a total dogshit experience to actually play through
>>
>>489757016
It's just a reminder of why programmer and game designer are different jobs.
>>
>>489749743
>>489756249
Right now I'm going through aggression+gravelord+random items with some custom rebalance, after that I'll try that one, but from that asylum example it gives me the impression that it'll be one of those mods that the modder just changes things to change, most likely because he's bored with the vanilla game after playing through it many times. The only overhaul style mod that I tried was Ascended and it just sucked ass so I dropped it
>>
>>489754978
Today you learned to always quit to the title screen before getting up.
>>
>>489763129
And you think that's good game design?
>>
>>489763245
I think it's unreasonable to expect the game to detect if you're getting up to take a piss and make your toon invincible until you get back. Or are you trying to imply that your character had a heart attack and dropped dead while you were gone? Just do the needful and pull up a tik tok for the ten second loading screen if it's that unbearable for you.
>>
>>489764106
The issue is getting invaded by some red faggot the picosecond you look away, and having to literally quit the game every time you don't want to deal with this because there's no pause.
>>
>>489764927
You knew you were invadable at that moment and had the means to stop it (logging out or preemptively not being human/burning effigy)
You just didn't and so you paid for it. You learned what to do next time
>>
>>489765461
>uhm you learned that this game has a shit design (and that's a good thing)
>>
>>489764927
Pretty sure the issue is that you're too lazy to take two seconds to protect yourself from invasions and would rather blame the game instead of owning up to your own mistakes. If you cared so much about those souls, you would have spent them before challenging the boss.
>>
>>489765678
>NOoOoOoOOoOo having to quit the game every time you want to pause is heckin GOOD DESIGN
>I am literally unable to accept criticism of this game because that would mean i'm not cool for beating it :(
>>
>>489765537
Explain how it's shit objectively speaking instead of just sperging. What about quitting to title or making sure you're not an invadable state before going afk is bad game design? Actually articulate your issue with the design, don't just repeat that it's bad design
>>
File: 1349203216189.jpg (32 KB, 498x614)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>489765815
Acting like a retard on the internet isn't gonna get those souls back, anon. This is the last (You) I can spare on you.
>>
>>489766068
Having to quit to the title screen every single time is idiotic and unnecessary. It's a waste of time that exists for no reason other than retards like you who defend shit design decisions because you think it makes you 'hardcore' to play a game that isn't baby level hard.
>>
>>489766313
meanie
>>
Why were people turning into trees in DS3?
>>
>>489766338
>It's a waste of time
This is the sole actual point I could identify in your emotionally loaded whinge post.
It can be done in like a split second. Open pause menu, wrap around to the far side by shifting tabs, confirm, quit to title, done. You don't care about the ensuing load screen because you're going to take a piss anyway.
Then when you come back you just press continue and it's one load screen. Now I don't know if you're a thirdie or something but even DS2, the worst optimized game, loads in like a second or two on an SSD which is completely acceptable, just hit continue while you sit down and you'll be loaded back in before your ass is sat
>>
>>489766730
it's hip to be tree
>>
>>489766730
Everyone is actually a DS2 giant
>>
>>489766775
>You just need to do [several completely unnecessary steps]
>>
>>489767262
Yes. Aping what I said in a funny voice doesn't change that it's an argument you've yet to refute.
The sole differences between a regular pause menu and quitting to menu are
>it's an option you select in the menu instead of just being a pause button (trivial to navigate to, takes less than a second)
>when you come back and hit continue you must wait for 1-2 seconds of loadscreen

That's it. This isn't even considering that if you didn't want to be invadable, you had options to achieve this making a pause superfluous.

Try to actually stick to the principle of points and counterpoints rather than just whinging like a little bitch
>>
>>489760856
Age of sunlight is good if you want something that keeps the map exactly the same but just adds in new weapons, spells, boss moves, makes the backstab angle/parry window smaller, shit like that. also adds in new npc invaders and summons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvERsIN-BwA
the only thing I do not like about aos is that it nerfed shields way too much, butt it does have perfect blocking. It's an interesting mod.
also available for ptde and dsr.
>>
>how to solve the afk death problem
>implement pause
>>
>>489767681
>Yes. Aping what I said in a funny voice doesn't change that it's an argument you've yet to refute.
What is there to refute? It's unnecessary. There's no reason to *not* have a pause button.
>>
>>489772253
>it's unnecessary
It's 2 additional clicks and you use the feature infrequently enough to not matter. You are a whiny retard
>>
>>489773467
>Still no reason why it shouldn't happen.
I accept your concession.
>>
>>489773793
>Still no reason why it shouldn't happen?
Not how it works. Make an argument for why it would significantly improve anything if you could do one click to pause instead of doing 3.
>>
>>489774334
so that i can invade you and rape you while you're afk
>>
>>489766879
no, it's hip to be square

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.