[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous thread >>498331940

>Now available EVERYWHERE (but nintendo switch and xbox one)

>Metaphor: ReFantazio Special Soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kT8go1ScWljmvHOjpzywgsnV1fI036Ovg

>Metaphor: ReFantazio peaks at 85k concurrent players on Steam!

>Metaphor: ReFantazio surpasses 1m sales on launch day

>Kino Commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDDTdS9rRdA

>How many hours have you played?
>What day are you on?
>What are your favorite classses?
>Are you having fun?
>>
File: gallica slaps neuras.webm (276 KB, 348x468)
276 KB
276 KB WEBM
28 hours
>What day are you on?
6/25? i dont remember. i dont want to open my game just to check
Brawler and, the healer because i dont need to use fairy dust to heal anymore.
>Are you having fun?
YES. i wish i could play more but i really like this game and i didnt think i would like a persona-like game this much ever since i started playing the mainline SMT games.
>>
You can't romance the girls what's even the point?
Nu-Atlus has fallen...
>>
>>498384271
What on earth have you been doing? I have 2/3 that playtime and am weeks later with every available quest/dungeon cleared
>>
File: 1714317662172265.png (416 KB, 641x1053)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
Say something nice about my husband
>>
>>498384356
i had to start my demo playthrough which negated like a hour or two of progress, and im just very slow with these types of games. i think i put 300 hours into my persona 5 royal playthrough and i didnt even try getting 100% for that game.
>>
25 hours
>What day are you on?
7/23
Knight starts out shit but Hulk has been carrying my ass now
>Are you having fun?
fun is gay

I know anon has been saying the later dungeons are unfair, but I've been steamrolling shit just by doing sidequests. I only grinded once in the desert (for class exp) before I realized how easy it is to overlevel.
>>
>>498384532
start over* im fucking retarded, im a fucking retard
>>
>>498384271
>28 hours in and not even to july yet
Holy fuck
I'm in the mid 30's and I'm at the start of august
>favorite classes
Brawler, thief, magic knight
>>
>Hulkenberg social link is just her going over and over about some childhood badboy she wants to fix
No wonder this game has no romance options
>>
>>498384635
>>498384535
How do you build Magic Knight anons? I have it currently level 7 or so out of 20. I mainly felt that the row heal helps take some healing pressure off
>>
>>498384271
23 hours.
>What day are you on?
8/19 in the dungeon.
>What are your favorite classes?
Brawler, Commander, Knight lines.
>Are you having fun?
Yeah, a ton! I'm glad they tuned up the difficulty. The last few Atlus games have been way too easy.
>>
i like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd9i54Oo2N8
>>
>>498384775
I just inherited some mage skills on there so she can hit weaknesses. Damage reduction passives would make more sense to make her a tank, but in almost every fight where having a tank would matter, the enemies spam AOE attacks so her taunt is useless anyway
>>
>>498383994
>hours
>day
9/12
>class
Mage + Summonner murder couple with Eupha
>fun
This mogs almost Atlus' whole library
>>
Sex with Fabienne
>>
>>498384429
He kicks ass as a General and being an older, grieving veteran knight/assassin is cool as hell and gives him a unique feel and perspective.
>>
>>498384775
Get Warrior->Sword->Samurai maxed out. Level 20 passive on Samurai halves the damage you take, so you can just be an absolute tank.
>>
File: 1712543671465.jpg (441 KB, 850x850)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
I think Heismay should settle down with Fabienne. Grieving middle aged soldiers are her type, she's clearly got no objections to inter-tribal relations, they're both lonely and Maria needs a step dad.
>>
Out of boredom, I wanted to figure out if it was possible to have a perfectly balanced build for thr MC.
As it turns out, if you start with Luck and exclusively invest into Str/Mag/End/Agi via level up, you'll end up with everything more or less equalized thanks to the free points in Luck you get from using the toilet.
Probably far from optimal but its a funny novelty.
>>
>>498383994
>hours
>what day
a day after getting berserker archetype
>classes
general, devil summoner and dark knight
>fun
lots
>>
>>498385358
Given that MC's associated archetype is Seeker, the jack of all trades, that feels fitting
>>
>no romance options
>The girls flirt with you anyways
???????
>>
>>498385335
He should settle down with me!
>>
Holy shit the Faithwight monster in the Blind tower don't fuck around
Is it even possible to do the tower on fine days?
>>
>>498385461
There really is just no Valentine's Day date or kiss, cause otherwise its the same as P3-5
>>
>>498385461
>>498385820
Yeah the game honestly feels like it has more actual in game romance if you ignore the optional stuff. It's more in your face.
>>
What the actual FUCK were they thinking with the cyclops in the dragon temple
>>
Really wish there was a quick swap in dungeons for archetypes. like maybe hold down LT and then D pad lets you choose from one of four. I hate having to go to equip, switch to mage, kill the blue enemies, go back, switch to main combat every single time I see an enemy
>>
>>498385929
I think he's basically designed as an enemy that can be easily avoided.
>>
Nidia true form is superior to their glamour magic.
>>
>>498384907
For me, it's https://youtu.be/AFQW8VxxFAE
and https://youtu.be/9K-1HIgrboo
>>
>>498385929
Isn't he a reused enemy? He is a bounty up north near Grand Trad, which unlocks the same time as the dragon temple.
>>
Please tell me the girls are canonically virgin
>>
>>498386305
I haven't seen any male fairies, so Gallica is probably safe.
>>
>>498385420
If you want to go full bleeding edge optimzation accounting for mastery bonuses, you can probably skimp on End but it depends on the stat spread that the Seeker line has when maxed out.
>>
>>498386305
Only the fairy, the other girls are all turbo whores or have a male in their past
>>
Bad weather is unironically one of the biggest dogshit mechanics I've ever seen in my life.
Disabling Press Turns (for your team only) is just straight cringe artificial difficulty.
>>
>>498386305
only Gallica and Eupha
>>
>>498386305
Hulkenberg will only give it up to one who bests her in strategy games
>>
>>498386461
Who is Eupha's?
>>
>>498386462
There are weather forecasters for a reason. Engaging a dungeon in bad weather is entirely optional after the first one.
>>
HOLY SHIT MARIA I GET IT YOU ARE LONELY STFU, what if Nanako but annoying
>>
>>498386305
there's no way catherina and junah are virgins
>>
Just dick the loneliness out of Maria. What could be wrong?
>>
>>498386462
Just think about how nice it is when you get to a dungeon and it has the crystal respawner though, insane farm.
>>
>>498386681
It's entirely possible catharina is too dumb to know what sex is
>>
>>498386653
Her dad died like, a month ago, anon.
>>
File: homo.png (2.96 MB, 1920x1080)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
Do you think the politics of the game is too much on the nose in mirroring real world shit? I'm very early and just awakened to my persona at the top of the tower. Does the politics get worse as you progress?
>>
>>498386653
Shut up troon. Orphans should be protected.
>>
How many months are in the game? Trying to figure how much luck I can get
>>
>>498386797
>in mirroring real world shit?
How so? I feel like the people trying to pick up on that sort of stuff just want to be angry and have political brainrot.
>>
>>498386797
It's the same as what Persona 5 was.
>>
>>498386797
It honestly feels less comparable as it goes on. The racial issues in this game are fucking nothing like our world.
>>
>>498386653
it's better for kids to be open about their emotion. they aren't supposed to repress it. nanako being mature at her age is a sign of a broken home and it's not supposed to be a good thing. of course they can't address it in the main story because dojima family's character arcs take place in the social link dimension.
>>
>>498386653
>Nanako but annoying
So Nanako
>>
>>498386957
>social link dimension
Honestly this is what annoyed me the most with p5
>>
>>498386797
>loooooooooool homo leeeeeeeeeeeeeel
fuck off
>>
>>498386797
Honestly what >>498386886 said I feel like the only modern day comparisons are ones people are actively looking to be there to justify a hate boner they went into the game to justify.
>>
>>498385335
Fabienne should settle down with (me).
>>
>>498386797
They're not really pointing any fingers here. Just like with P5 they're blaming society as a collective entity.
>>
>>498386957
Locking important character growth behind slinks is always stupid. You get characters that have good arcs in their slinks that the main story needs to just totally regress cause you could have not done it.
>>
>>498386628
her brother
>>
>>498386305
Maria is the only virgin.
>>
Who would sex with gallica work? I mean she would just full body hug your penis and flap her wings up and down?
>>
So is the ideal A-XP farming strat to just grind normally on level 20 archetypes for the hero leaves of light? Or is there some other method?
>>
>Only 4 levels deep into Maria’s bond
>Already wanted to fight 3 characters

The fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>498387373
I don't know about that......
>>
>>498386872
Ends in October cause the Calendar doesn't go any further right.
>>
>>498386305
Just off the top of my head....

Gallica: You dont ever see any male fairies, possibly is
Hulk: combination of having few if any friends as her bonds show, singleminded devotion to her mission of finding the prince, the really serious type, it would actually be possible that she never found or care for the time to fuck
Junah: Both her and Louis say that they were never in a relationship and she was mainly there as a public face of sorts. But who knows prior to that

>>498386739
She's dumb but on the other hand its a racial trait for Paripus to be completely open with their feelings so I imagine its very normal for them to sleep around
>>
>>498386305
Is the MC a virgin?
>>
Fucking gallica
>>
>>498387558
He just came of age at 18 years old and lived in an isolated society from everyone else mainly with the oldies. It'd be a lot more shocking if he wasnt
>>
>>498387558
Not after Gallica gets through with him
>>
I just beat Zorbo on the first day
>>
Not leveling Mage first on MC has been really biting me in the ass. Don't make the same mistake, anons, the free mana and spell diversity ARE worth it.
>>
If you think about it Gallica is a groomer
>>
>>498387928
Grius and Strohl are the physical hitting type so it feels natural to have MC on Seeker or Mage on the first dungeon. Heck doing so rewards you considering it gives you access to Blizz to more effectively fight the dragon

Meanwhile I saw a streamer build MC for STR and did three Warriors in the Nord Mines...I didnt watch the rest of the stream but I assume that was a hilariously fun time
>>
>>498387927
you and everyone else itt on hard
>>
>>498386797
I honestly don't seen a single political take from the main party that I haven't at least understood where they were coming from if not just outright agreed with. Even the ones people love to spam on /v/ aren't really wrong.
>>
>>498388167
Mage Grius is easier than Warrior Grius in Nord Mines. 2x Bot/Blizz melts so many encounters its hilarious. The bird boss is completely free with that setup.
>>
>>498388117
Gallica is an -------
>>
>>498388203
I have two jobs though
>>
File: Brigitta.jpg (79 KB, 621x900)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>
>>498388572
are you saying you're dumber than average so it's more impressive for you to beat a boss?
>>
>Up to second city after Grand Trad
>See Strohl heckle two different people, once with Louis, once with one of Louis's guys when they foolishly presented a human head but fail to realize how most of the population have never seen a human

Is he just a natural heckler?
>>
>>498387558
Mc isn't even a person.
>>
>>498388637
Yes
>>
REEEEEE I'M AN IMPATIENT ZOOMER AND I WANT MORE CLASSES NNNNOOOOWWWWW (unironically though when the fuck do I get more this has been such a slow drip-feed)
>>
>>498388790
You're right he is a filthy elda
>>
This game is fun and all but I don’t like the message and theme or “racism bad” and pro immigration values. It goes against my personal beliefs
>>
>>498388943
That sucks, but I sure don't remember anyone asking.
>>
>>498388167
It may seem natural based on stats but nord mines is really there to teach you that stats matter less than having good counterplay to the enemy.
I did warrior grius this time too just because I did double mage in the demo and it was super easy.
>>
>>498388943
ok autist
>>
File: vergil_chair.jpg (70 KB, 800x450)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Jesus fucking christ, fighting the Fatsolich during a rainstorm was complete utter pain.
I am now getting a fucking weather reading before I ever go to a dungeon.
>>
>>498388943
It's okay, /v/erminbro. I'm pretty sure there must be a thread there complaining over and over about wokeshit in your games.
>>
>>498389008
>>498389120
It’s just woke propaganda like Ubisoft and sweet baby inc, but since it’s so popular most of the anti woke content creators are too scared to speak up against it, like asmongold played it and said it was “fun”
>>
stop giving him (you)s
post more fairy feet
>>
Who asked lol
>>
>>498388840
Do your social links
>>
>>498387928
You probably want everyone to level a bit of mage, seeker, healer and thief just for the elemental coverage
>>
>>498389231
Around release I had the thought of how Metaphor took just as much time to develop as freaking Concord yet its received very well even with all of its 'woke' themes and stuff which proves that Concord failed mainly because it just plain sucked
>>
>>498388943
t. Louis
>>
>samefagging
>>
>>498389530
Nah anon people were just dying and begging for yet another soulless hero shooter from some no-name studio
Oh, and to pay $40 for it upfront
>>
>>498389530
It's not the woke themes, it's the lgbtqaxyz pandering that everyone hates from concord.
Remove that, and concord will still be alive now
>>
>still trying to shitpost with le woke
>>
>>498389530
Because concord wasn't even "woke". It just had shitty designs, zero marketing, and was a paid hero shooter 6 years too late. It could have been "based" and "redpilled" and it would have failed just the same, the narrative would just be reversed.
>>
woke!
based!
redpilled!
I'm stuck!
in 2016!
I have a!
learning disability!
>>
Come on, /v/. You already have your containment board for that crap.
>>
>>498389979
That's too bad, I hope you get help for it.
>>
>>498389169
I did all three of those side dungeons in the same trip, and had a rainstorm on every dungeon except for the forest one... where I was so overleveled, it didn't even matter
>>
>>498384429
>people saw this guy in early footage/trailers and were moaning about how it was another gay Atlus mascot
>he's some based badass assassin knight
>>
Amalgamation of themes that are present in every JRPG made since the dawn of time is just called woke now... it's really over...
>>
>>498384429
I was expecting another Morgana/Teddie. Pleasantly surprised how good he actually is.
>>
Considering Lk/St or Lk/Ma
Can luck even crit? Not sure if I've seen it happen yet.
>>
>even the most lukewarm and obvious theme like "racism bad" is enough to start culture war bullshit nowadays
I miss when game discussion was just about Square Enix going bankrupt but totally for real this time by the end of 2009 they'll definitely be shuttered guys it's gonna happen I promise laugh it up Final Fantasy bros Final Fantasy 13 was it the company is dead for sure
>>
>>498390197
The anti wokefags are now just as annoyingly obnoxious as the wokefags
>>
>>498390328
It's like we changed timelines in 2016 because that's when everyone got super political
>>
>>498387308
The chief is not banging his priestess-sister.
>>
Is the sleazy fat merchant candidate supposed to be a Trump parody?
>>
>>498389885
>Because concord wasn't even "woke"
>It just had shitty designs...
Fucking moron. It's not just that the designs are "shitty", the designs themselves are shitty because they're woke. It's garish "inclusion" at the cost of aesthetics with an explicitly anti-beauty sentiment (these brainrotted faggots hate beauty it's an undercurrent of Jewish originating subversive ideology) which is an has been a cornerstone of this agenda. Shut the fuck up and quit acting like you have any idea about what you're talking about.

And for the record, I know all of this to be objectively true while also knowing Metaphor is not "woke".
>>
>>498390320
Yes. I crit all the time. You get lots of free luck starting from Ch2 as well.
>>
>>498390562
Delusional
>>
hulkencutie….
>>
File: 1728803252103823.gif (3.99 MB, 560x463)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB GIF
>>498390716
>>
>>498388117
How old is Gallica? If you talk to the old man in Grand Trad that gives imagination enough he tells a story about how a grandson is mistaken by a fairy to be the same person as his grandfather who she met like, 80 years prior. When she is corrected the fairy says she's sad, because of how short lived non fairies are. So Gallica could be centuries old and we wouldn't know.
>>
>>498390753
Truly what won't she eat?
>>
>>498390716
>roughed it for a long time prior to the start of the game
>doesn't have access to regular bathing until chapter 2
She fucking STINKS. Actually everybody does.
>>
>all these scenes telling the MC he's too young to drink and making sure to show he's just having tea while the rest drink alcohol
It's a fucking fantasy world and he's 18, so dumb.
>>
fucking hell 2h for the dragon temple just to grab all items on the map, the 3 gate block was a bitch
>>
>>498390960
That's the joke.
>>
>>498390960
I don't understand why they didn't just make him whatever arbitrary age he needed to be to drink. I don't want to be some young kid.
>>
>>498390802
That was my thought too she might be a few hundred years old and is a fucking groomer who has a thing for androgynous Elda boys
>>
>>498390197
Yeah I thought it would be something worse than usual but it's literally just bog standard JRPG stuff. /v/ are the biggest bunch of mindbroken cuckolds around.

>>498390642
He's right, you're retarded if you actually unironically try and pretend Concord isn't woke.
>>
>>498390960
it's the standard japanese joke
not sure why they think it's funny to repeat the same joke in every anime media
>>
>>498391102
>Gallica has an Elda fetish
>she lived through the church's genocide of the elda, reducing their numbers to the point where people think they are myths
>now she has to go on this elaborate "save the world" journey just so she can sit on an elda's shoulder and huff his boysmell
>>
>>498390960
21 is the age requirement for drinking in first world countries
>>
>>498390960
>it's a fantasy world
>he doesn't know
>>
>Metaphor debuts at number 37 on Xbox games sales.
Xbox owners really don't play anything without a gun or a ball, huh
Whatever, Metaphor sold like hotcakes anyway everywhere else
>>
every time I look for enemies with gallica she says something like "maybe we should try moving things", what the fuck does it mean?
>>
>>498390824
Carpet
>>
>>498391254
It doesn't really play like a joke, more like scared of regulations making sure it's clear there's no underage drinking.
>>
>>498391353
At launch the only reason to get an xbox was as always halo and gamepass. Ps5 had everything else.
>>
Cooking for Hulkencutie.
>>
Are there any free virtue boosts like the juice in P5 or the Nurse in p3?
>>
>>498391254
>>498391046
Wait, it's a joke? I thought it was a ratings thing to avoid depicting underage drinking.
>>
>Hashino out-kinos the FF6 opera house
>>
>>498391586
Making sure underage don't drink alcool is a common japanese "joke"
>>
>>498384429
Is he a bottom or a top?
>>
>>498391473
when they add the
HAHAH HERE'S YOUR JUICE INSTEAD!!
it's totally also supposed to be played as a joke on top
>>
File: 1708256295238833.webm (917 KB, 638x220)
917 KB
917 KB WEBM
DORKS!
>>
WE can all agree that mage is the best archetype, right?
>>
>>498392584
Highly controversial.
>>
File: 1702340760456771.png (239 KB, 477x523)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>498391390
have you tried moving things?
>>
is her social link locked behind story progression or something? mine still stuck at 4 since forever
>>
>>498392640
Thank you my beloved
>>
>>498392584
The issue I find with mage is that when you need a mage you really need two mages. And then when you don't need a mage having one is actually detrimental.
>>
>>498392518
lol man I love that so far where I am hulk and strohl didn't become irrelevant
>>
>>498390960
>>498391278
19 is the drinking age in Japan.

Making him fucking 1 year short of the drinking age when there's literally no difference between an 18 year old and a 19 year old and then making it a gag that he can't drink is obnoxious as fuck, mind you.
>>
>FFtrannies actually review bombing the game
Lmao
>>
Why were anons worried about the game being short? It took smiley shy of 28 hours to complete one month, 6/2-7/2. And succeeding months will surely only add content
>>
>>498392720
Fairy yes, Pink hair Catherina yes
>>
the drinking age thing is probably just them taking the piss against the censorship law
why do you care anyway, american comedy is equally obnoxious
>>
>>498393137
Highly subjective, to the point of practically being a non issue.
>>
>>498393228
Because journos are always retarded
As an example I just finished dragon temple at 35 hours and I hope this is not even half way in
But I feel it's more like 60% done already
>>
Anyone killed the chicken in the desert the second they appear after the 1st bounty?
>>
File: 1714471637593720.png (2.26 MB, 1641x1018)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>498392720
>>498393296
silly me forget the picture, thanks bro
>>
>>498391630
Doubtful, 2D-HD version in the Pixel Remaster revitalized it
>>
>>498393404
>keeping pace with a typical Atlus game means you’re retarded
Nah i fully expect me smjust starting the second town section means the game is a 90-110 hour experience without grinding
>>
>lance dispels magic
oh boy I wonder whats gonna happen...
>>
>>498393652
You actually don't know what's going to happen lmao
>>
File: 1716582080464664.png (1.04 MB, 957x585)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
fucking hell the grind
>>
>>498393696
It definitely seems too obvious and in your face in the discussion about using it for it to be that. Honestly just fucking chuck the thing at the floating King head
>>
>>498393732
Honestly I don't mind grind, I mind some of the ones locked behind bond levels. Needing maxed out Gallica to get the ones past Wizard is fucking lame.
>>
Can I not inherit passives from other classes?
>>
>>498392584
I just make a pseudo mage by inheriting the elemental spells on my Seeker, who also has access to wind spells.
>>
>>498394073
You can't take the starter passives, like the one for mage that gains mana in the overworld.
>>
Basilio's s-link is so god damn good. He's easily my favourite character in the game.
>>
>>498394158
ah, fuck that's the one I wanted as well lol
>>
>using powerpyx guide
>lol beat this level 60 boss at level 30
what the fuck??? LMAO
>>
What is the total party size later on? 4?
>>
>>498394179
Alonzo is the current sleeper hit for me followed by Bardon
I'm probably not going to finish everyone by the end of this first playthrough but god I wish Basilio was in the party a little earlier
>>
Is there new game+?
>>
>>498394197
Just hotswap in the field to mage when you need to restore mana and farm any overworld trash mobs outside Akedemia then once they're dead go into Akedemia and back out to reset them and farm more.
>>
>>498394353
Why not? You could beat the minotaur at level 10 in the demo and he's level 22.
>>
So what makes bonds advance if you can't just hang out with them for progress?
>>
Wada are you okay are you okay Wada
>>
>>498394613
on hard?
>>
File: file.png (1.51 MB, 1532x665)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
what is the point of using this skill when the boss can randomly fucking ignore it and just attack whoever he fucking wants???
>>
>>498394740
dude just triple warrior and unga bunga. fuck strat just fucking nuke him with physical
>>
>>498394736
Yeah, that's what I did. You needed to buy all of the ice scrolls you could get and have a little bit of luck but it was entirely possible without grinding.
>>
>>498389885
>Concord had no marketing
That's bullshit lmao.
>Literally the first game shown at Sony's State of Play in May 2024, taking 1/3 of the runtime
>Special editon Concord PS5 controller being sold for $85
>Multiple animated shorts for certain characters
Sony even commissioned an episode dedicated to Concord featured in the upcoming Secret Level show. Sony was expecting this game to be the next big thing that flopped hard.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (154 KB, 761x189)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
uhh what does it do? I thought it's similar to the persona evolution or something
>>
>>498394740
Useful in the first dungeon until bosses start spamming AoE, then Hunkleberry becomes your defence down machine.
>>
>>498389885
Concord was absolutely woke, and it had all those other things going on at the same time too
Now that Metaphor game? That shit ain't woke at all
>>
>>498394540
Yes
>>
>>498395073
Later on in the game
>>
File: file.png (3.54 MB, 1920x1080)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>498394886
can someone explain to me why they suddenly just ignored my agro skill and attacked MC and his blone haired boyfriend?? I thought only boss could ignore it with his status skill?
>>
>>498394683
I don't think it's really surprising that a remaster of a game from 18 years ago was less popular, especially when it didn't include the answer or any of the content from portable, plus it was on game pass so you could play it for $1
>>
Hulkenberg and Heismay ear measuring contest
>>
leveling wisdom from 3 to 4 takes forever holy shit
>>
>the worm level
Uh oh… STINKY!
>>
>look at Summoner skills
>it basically has none
So is it just a synthesis job cause you wouldn't even level this thing up unless you just only use it for the rest of the game.
>>
>>498395245
>a remaster of a game from 18 years ago
this is cope today, but unironically how people are going to remember one of the most sought after remakes there was a few years from now just like FF7
>>
>>498395219
did you forget to recast it? mind you taunt here only lasts for 1 turn
>>
I have tolerance stuck at rank 3 and the rest at 4 but semi-close to 5 and I just made it to 9/12 am I fucked
>>
>>498395420
I recast it every round. I have no idea what happened.

This necromancer is such a dogshit fight. Are next bosses better?
>>
How the hell are you meant to kill the Human worm boss? Even with 3 ranks of defense his aoe attacks can take out 1-3 party members in 1 turn
>>
File: 1726079142298859.png (304 KB, 643x860)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>498395527
bro just come back at level 50 or something and bring your wife with ice damage along
>>
File: file.png (553 KB, 1469x231)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>
the castles end boss is draining my mana like nothing else
>>
>hit level 20 on a job finally
So that’s how grinding works in this game. It just starts showering you with exp
>>
what archetype has rakunda and all the buffs/debuffs?
and without spoilers could somebody tell me if we get an analysis ability like in the persona games?
>>498390197
it's pathetic but at the same time it proves all these people know nothing about the games they complain about, same with the people that actually push 'woke' shit, they don't play games either. Which makes the whole thing even more pathetic.
>>
>>498395626
I guess
at least on Hard it's impossible at level 36
>>
AGAIN. I CAST AGRO SKILL AND THE ZOMBIE JUST ATTACKED MY WARRIOR. Thankfully it missed.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.92 MB, 1896x972)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB PNG
>>498395527
>>498395954
this guy? yeah I too might have to return later, my plebs are at 37
>>
>>498395964
it tanks basic attacks
not that a passtard would know
>>
>>498396027
I am level 49 and have no clue who this guy is.
>>
>>498396050
what do you mean? It was just a basic attack they use every round
>>
So do the later areas sell the fish you could fish up, cause I don't want to waste days fishing to get all the cooking done if I can just buy this shit later. I presumed so just because you won't be in water for the rest of the game
>>
>>498395405
I think the people who wanted a P3 remake were mostly envisioning some sort of unified version that had everything from fes and portable in it, but for some reason they just remade the base PS2 original. At least they've said this game will not have a re-release with more content in a year.
>>
Martira is comfiest JRPG town theme in a while
>>
Act 3 dungeon difficulty spike is something else. This fucking tower is destroying me.
>>
anyone know how much mp magical bread restores in total? trying to figure out if its better than cursed love ballad since they both use the moth ingredient
>>
>>498396027
The heck? I just got the first boss battle with him and I’m only level 22 with two mastered archetypes
>>
>>498396443
Feels like its 30-40, its not alot
>>
It will be the first time I have ever lowered difficulty in smt game. I really do not enjoy this game.
>>
>>498396510
That's the true boss version
>>
>>498396539
is this bait? smtv on hard (at least the base version idk about VV) was WAY harder than this, what?
>>
What the fuck were they thinking when they designed Homo Margo's second phase? Can this thing even hurt you, or is it only here to annoy you?
>>
>that minotaur at the tower
fuck off
>>
>>498396539
> I really do not enjoy this game
Honest question but Why are you playing then?
>>
>>498396785
No it wasn't lmao. SMTV is easy as shit even on hard
>>
>>498396785
If by hard, you mean hard to game over.
>>
So far the OSTs are pretty underwhelming desu, at least compared to P5s
>>
>>498396785
smtv was much easier.

>>498396838
I will give it a few more hours.
>>
>>498396027
i did it at like level 42ish

you really need to prioritize buffs/debuffs and you'll be fine. general is a fucking godsend archetype for this fight
>>
>Gallica, please be nicer to me
My sides, it was just as good as I thought it would be.
>>
File: 9d6ETZ7.jpg (76 KB, 288x402)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Is there any point to killing the shadow monster when you first see it instead of running away? I spent like 30 minutes to kill that thing on hard, and it just runs away and shows up again later anyway. Should I just reload a save and get my MP back? Does killing it early on have any effect later on?
>>
>>498396992
It's pretty hard to lose fights with Heinsway as General. Lead with Vigor, nuke + debuff, end the turn with Shelter. Enem,ies can't do shit.
>>
>>498397059
Its the same thing you fight later so I assume no.
>>
>>498397059
You can fight it?
>>
I'm running out of MP much quicker than the persona games is it really a skill issue?
>>
>>498397228
either use mage on mc, monk to avoid mp, or a synthesis move that can kill every encounter turn 1 since they're usually cheap
>>
>>498397102
You need that Bardon to max bond level to get those though, so it is the back half of the game.
>>
>>498397413
No you don't, you need level 3. Inherit Vigor into General.
>>
>>498397102
i personally put general on the protag since ive been struggling to figure out a main archetype. pugilist kind of sucks ass, magic seeker is eh since im str and ive already got knight and warrior covered with hulkenberg and strohl. maybe thief? im probably gonna bench heismay since junah feels alot stronger and its nice to have an actual strong magic user
>>
>>498397354
thanks anon
>>
>>498397440
Oh I forgot Commander got the other one so I thought you were mentioning the job after General.
>>
>>498397228
It's harder than Persona. You're expected to take a few days per dungeon.
>>
>>498397490
Pugilist on STR Protag has been destroying anything without a Phys immunity for me.
>>
File: ieo3bw.jpg (102 KB, 1024x683)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>498397124
>>498397160
Yeah, and you don't get anything for beating it except some xp. At this point I'm just going to reload a save and get my MP back. Fuck running around with Mage and farming weak enemies just to get MP back. It's a sad oversight that they would give you the option to take on a hard enemy early, and give you jack shit for it.
>>
>>498397554
It's also easier than Persona on the time management side so there's really no reason to not take a few days if you need to. The game is incredibly lenient with getting shit done in the time frames.
>>
>>498397554
>>498397761
yeah I was planning to plough through the dungeons in the shortest time frame like with the Personas but sounds like they've tried to balance around that here
>>
Do status ailments work against bosses anons? Or they follow the normal jrpg route of 99% of them being immune to everything?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.48 MB, 1908x1078)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
>>498396992
yeah I think I will make it
>>
>>498397560
power thrust is great but ive noticed that any skills that scale with how full your health is are immediately worse than just doing a normal phys attack like power thrust
>>
File: tip.png (57 KB, 500x144)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>mfw just got spoiled by a youtube thumbnail
>>
I want to turn Eupha into a Pugilist
do incenses used carry over from one playthrough to the next
>>
Finally got new party members, and I still have 20 Leafs to spare after maxing their classes + getting their pre-reqs for their next tier. Feels good.
>>
>>498398168
Usually the game will tell you ahead of time if using an ailment will work. Like the one Louis soldier in chapter 3
They work much better against minibosses and sidebosses than big baddies. I've noticed poison tends to work a lot.
>>
This game is way harder than Persona wtf
>>
File: 20241014173238_1.jpg (1.25 MB, 3840x2160)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
how does her hair float like this?
>>
File: 1728739725729040.webm (110 KB, 332x750)
110 KB
110 KB WEBM
Sex Alarm
>>
fucking love it when the battle music kicks in and all the blokes are like humminanuminamamumminananhuminamanana
>>
>>498398263
Yeah I almost never use the Strike attack unless it's to hit a Strike weakness. The HP scaling on it is indeed ridiculously harsh. The main thing that carries Pugilist as a chassis is access to great Fists.
>>
Virga Island dungeon spoilers
>they literally drew a path on the ground because they thought their audience would get 100% filtered by an EO dungeon
>audience gets filtered anyway
kek
>>
>>498398847
Even before that with the fog room, the path is on the roof. You get 2 stones telling you about fog=-wrong way and then also just show the path up top
>>
File: 20241014113736_1.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
Truly a better milf design has never been done by this company. Fabienne is PEAK
>>
>>498398847
It was funny to read people talking about what a slog it is, Etrian guilds wish their Labyrinths were that small.
>>
>>498398934
dont like the green tights
>>
>>498398757
yes honey...
>>
File: 20241014174044_1.jpg (1.35 MB, 3840x2160)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
is it me or does this mf look more detailed than the rest of the cast?
>>
File: 1728254462415540.jpg (651 KB, 2560x1440)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
Metaphor might have one of my favorite casts so far in any game. So much sincerity and SOUL
>>
>>498398934
>not even an slink
>no romance anyways
this game has blessed us with the best milfs (fabienne and brigitta) and yet atlus decided to dangle them in front of us
>>
GFDStudio 0.9.0 is being released fairly soon-ish with support for Metaphor which means the super early days of P5 modding model edits are coming to the game
The GFS blender plugin that works for P5 though will not work with the game for quite awhile probably
>>
I'm loving the game but most of all it bodes well for P6
>>
>>498399493
I like that despite being a blatant blank slate self insert MC actually does have some chemistry with the other characters.
>>
File: file.png (441 KB, 1135x244)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
picked it up in the volcano, wtf do i do with it
>>
>>498399791
>it bodes well for P6
literally how lmao
>>
>>498399791
P6 going back to One More and spamming all out attack will feel shit after this. Plus the school setting is inherently not as interesting.
>>
File: 1586216147860.jpg (54 KB, 640x785)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>finished the Mine dungeon
IV and V really killed my motivation to play these games. Weakness spamming is dull af
>>
>>498400235
Try doing a dungeon during bad weather and you'll miss weaknesses very quickly.
>>
how much attack is +1 tarukaja? when am I repalcing this auto tarukaja on all my allies for random battles
>>
>>498399994
>superior turn system
>more open world
>embracing a non-school setting
>better side quests
>streamlined and focused persona system
>QoL improvements (royal virtue progress bar, swordboard, not needing to go to velvet room/akademia to make changes)
there's more but they're clearly improving on the formula, so I can only assume P6 will do even more
>>
>>498400043
What if...what if... College setting???
And the whole game plays out as a different murder mystery and you have to stop actual criminals by going into their hearts.
>>
TARUKAJA STACKS LET'S GO
>>
>>498398757
Hulkenberger, my beloved.
>>
>>498400443
>embracing a non-school setting
This is the only thing I guarantee P6 will never be. Atlus is too backward for new ideas.
>>
File: 1727509000838180.png (680 KB, 831x999)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
I don't especially like or dislike Gallica and I always pick the dialogue choices that mess with her.
>>
It's much easier to level archetypes by simply using your maxed out archetypes
You don't need to gimp yourself and the leaves you get when you level at max archetype makes up for it
>>
>>498400942
yeah, it's a shame because it holds the stories back
>>
>makes a character that can use parts of any of the Archetypes in the game in their base Archetype, giving them a lot of flexibility at the cost of a very valuable accessory slot
>gives that Archetype and character by far the worst STR in your party so they have access to a ton of STR skills they can't use well, nullifying half the value of their flexibility
What did Atlus mean by this?
>>
help bros, I just got the 3 eyed gril and not sure how to build my team
I've had Strohl healing and it just feels bad, I want one of the new girls to heal but not sure if it's a good idea since they have their own unique archetypes. what team/builds are you guys using?
>>
File: 1711805117287267.png (79 KB, 252x200)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
JESUS that "surfing" section was so fucking scuffed lol, what the fuck were they smoking
>>
>>498399791
It probably bodes well for mainline and spinoffs but persona has always been its' own thing drowning in its' own cliches.
>>
>>498401193
Why would you make the STR guy a healer? I'm pretty sure their stat growths are independent of your class choices but feel free to correct me.
>>
>>498401329
it wasn't my intention, I already had hulkenberg decently leveled on brawler and I needed a healer
>>
>>498401193
Junah is basically the designated healer/buffer.
>>
>>498401156
I'll just list out about what I've done:
>Strohl
Man has investment into Brawler and Pugilist and that is it. He has been a champ with that little investment and also a fantastic EXP farm. I dunno what I'll do with him, the new girls look a lot better.
>Hulk-chan
I made her into a mage and now the new characters have obsoleted her in this role. I'm not sure what to do with her now. Probably drop her.
>Heinsway
Buff specialist, will eventually grab Debilitate and he'll stick in the General line.
>Junah and Eupha
At this point I think the best thing to do to get them stronger is work on unlocking their pre-requisites for their next Archetype class. Eupha might also want Wizard to more flexibly hit weaknesses for a cheaper cost. Tossing a heal onto Junah always greatly improves her flexibility, so go for Medica there IMO.
>General thoughts on party-building
At this point Strohl, Hulk-chan and Heismay all should have enough social links to get full EXP on the bench. So you definitely want to run Junah, Eupha and +1. Heinsway is the best IMO but just use whoever you had invested in for buffing, it's pretty costly to change course at this point.
>>
do party members join at fixed levels or equal to your mc?
>>
>>498401193
why not just pump healer on one of them then switch them back to their main and inhereit medica?
>>
>>498401743
>>498401193
Meant for this.
>>
The story feels like it comes from one of the few Tales of games with a decent story. I guess that's what they were going for.
>>
>>498401801
I think it's fixed, I'm underleveled (lvl20) and my new party member is lvl23
>>
>>498394539
Basilio really isnt as late as autists say. You get him pretty soon after you get Eupha.
>>
File: 1458339210344.gif (2.97 MB, 461x334)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
>Louis ended up being dealt by the heroes like a mid-boss no pathos after the battle whatsoever
Incredible, spend your entire game acting as if Louis is a shakespearean tragedy villain who paraleles the MC and finishing him up with a fart
>>
>>498401743
I’ve made Strohl my merchant since the almighty skill is STR based.
>>
>>498395359
No, its because Summoner has a unique mechanic where you have to "craft" skills unique to it, like the masks for Dancer.
>>
I love this speedy ninja bat cat nigga like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>498402123
oh so that's why it hits like a fucking truck with my mc
>>
>>498400482
>what if even more trashy
No thanks faggot.
>>
>>498402037
>he doesn't know
>>
>>498401692
is there masks to make her a good healer or should I have her level healer? it sucks switching someone's roles when I have someone else almost maxed on the 2nd rank archetype for healing for example
>>
>>498402350
What should I know?
>>
>>498402324
Nothing is worse than a fucking High School.
>>
>>498402209
He's had a hard life...
>>
>>498401743
i feel like heismay just kind of sucks desu, either putting someone else on the commander lineage or just inheriting the buffs is better. sure heismay gets first turn cause of his insane agility but it doesnt really matter, as long as you're getting the buffs/debuffs off during the entire first turn then it isnt that big of a deal. the reason i like hulkenberg is because dark knight and paladin are pretty fucking cracked and i dont feel like pumping the shit out of the mc or strohl just so i can replace her
>>
>>498402402
You'll be using her with 1 slot for a while, I think a Heal and then Masks to cover elements is the best bang for your buck. That also gives you Hamaon for a cheap single-target if you need it.
>>
>>498402350
Every idiot that thinks the spear is an obvious gimmick is gonna fall for this lmao
>>
>>498402550
He is a weird character cause none of the melee physical skills scale on Agility so what is the point of having THAT much more agility starting off? I wish back-row skills scaled on agility not STR
>>
>>498401957
Tales of Fantazio
>>
>>498402550
What's so good about having your buffer/debuffer go first with Shelter is that even if you can't always guarantee 4 turns, passing will still let you get the person in 1st or 2nd's turns. So you can Shelter at the end of your damage turn and have all your melee go into the backrow and nothing hurts you. He is really unparalleled at doing this, this especially matters when the boss doesn't have a weakness to abuse.
>>
>>498402402
Theres a mask based on every Archetype, so yes either the Healer/Cleric/Saviour mask. I've had her on Cleric mask since I got her.
>>
>Junah is a gigastacy
>Eupha is a gigatrad wife
I can't choose
>>
>>498402836
Yes, you literally can't.
>>
Gameplay question: is the front row relevant for physical archetype skills or literally just melee weapon attacks?
>>
>>498402907
Physical archetype skills AND synthesis skills
>>
>the starting lineup is loaded with frontliners with subpar magic stats
>then two high magic characters in a row join several hours into the game
>they'll probably rot because I can't be arsed to grind good archetypes on them or play with their meme base archetypes
Weird. It'd be like having ryuji, yusuke and haru as your starting party in p5.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (14 KB, 269x187)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>498386797
>Avarage shonen fag way to afraid to talk about politics because it gives him anxiety

He doesn't know...
>>
>>498403208
The real Ryuji hasnt even joined your team yet, anon
>>
>>498403360
well he'll DEFINITELY rot in reserve then
>>
>>498402521
They should keep making games for their primarily Japanese audience in mind first and foremost, and the foreign ancillary audience can like it or not. It's so frankly weird and out of line when they push that it needs to change outside of what Atlus wants to do.
>>
So I assume cleaning and washing clothes are better relegated to NG+? Unless they are one time things with substantial bonuses.
>>
ailment build is kinda fun but all the main bosses are problably immune to anything other than poison
>>
File: image-23-1.png (276 KB, 466x427)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>498403412
you say that now, but wait until you see this retards stats
>>
>>498403515
You can do them daily and like +3 max mana for a day isn't great when you start being cockblocked on stats in bond levels
>>
File: 6574567.png (368 KB, 995x252)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>498403208
Your PEDs?
>>
Okay the opera house is fucking kino
>>
>>498403615
>resists all phys
What archetype is that?
>>
File: hdddr.jpg (281 KB, 1897x631)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>498403648
ignore the HDR making the colors look blown out, its not what I see
>>
>>498403840
its the last party members base archetypr
>>
Does hanging out with my friends at night on the Gauntlet runner helps with bonds or am I better off reading books?
>>
I can't take it anymore. I'm sick of playing merchant. I try to play Swordmaster. My merchant deals more damage. I try to play mage. Merchant deals more damage. I try to play brawler. Merchant deals more damage. I want to play seeker for story immersion. Merchant does everything better and gold efficient
“future archetypes will be better” I tell myself. They can’t break four digits of damage. “where’s your gold?” Gallica sulks. This happens everytime I’m not using merchant. There’s nothing but poverty without merchant. What a cruel world
>>
>>498403840
Samurai, in the Warrior lineage, has a passive that halves all damage taken but you can't dodge. Throw that on your magic knight tank and its smooth sailing
>>
File: GZ1zF0HbgAEyPky.jpg (271 KB, 1672x2048)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>
>>498401743
I made Hulk into my designated healer. Stay on the backline with Gunner or with Knight and heal people, or if she has a free action use the stronger gunner/sniper skills.
>>
File: 1723527168046635.png (544 KB, 528x569)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
Why is Junah 3D model better than her 2D portrait lmao, usually it's the other way around for these persona lots
>>
>>498403208
They expect mc to play mage/support because he's a little kid.
>>
>>498404154
magic knight gets a super good heal that will heal everyone on the backline for about 200hp and doesnt cost much MP
>>
>>498404215
Her eyebrows are too small on the portrait, so it makes her forehead look even bigger. Somehow they look fine in the model and in her concept art.
>>
File: METAPHOR_HaHMRhd6UV.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
Woah woah, is this the power of connections??
>>
>>498404215
its just the Nidia looking creepy as fuck, they're all evil im sure
>>
So companions on the runner are just there to boost stats while travelling if you run out of books? From my understanding bonds in this game don't need to be progressed like Social Links, if you meet the requirements they go up?
>>
File: 1723357000239644.png (392 KB, 440x515)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
what is this expression trying to convey?
>>
File: IMG_3477.jpg (210 KB, 1290x652)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
Ahahahaha no way, is this true? Is luck just a troll stat for retards wanting to be different?
>>
>>498404803
She wants to lick Will’s lil will
>>
>>498404767
You can also re-read the books but yeah you don't hang out with someone just to progress the bond a little like the Persona games. You meet the requirement or you don't. Just fun dialog with people plus some stat increases
>>
>>498404767
If it's a "Kingly Virtue" boosting event you will see the symbol for it above their head/on the map and the stat it boosts will be highlighted in the prompt. If it's "spending time with them" (raising their bond by 1) it will say "Check Bond with X" in the same prompt.
>>
>3 ranks into Bardon and he has already renamed the town to Oceania
>>
>>498405023
Guy got a whee bit power and goes fucking crazy
>>
>>498405023
You fucking retard, thats the name of his country
>>
File: 1528062237998.jpg (99 KB, 931x866)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>Brigitta's route

HOLY SHIT JUST FUCK ALREADY
>>
>>498404010
so
>20 warrior
>20 swordmaster
>20 commander
>10 general
fuck this
>>
>>498404849
Luck has never really had a huge effect on crit rate but it does affect a gorillion things. There's no real point in directly investing into it when you get more than enough from +Luck MC and toilet days.
>>
>can fast travel by thinking of places
>can't fast travel BACK to a dungeon or side-village
Yeah fuck you game, I forgot which village sold those 300k weapons. I bought a fan but I think it had something for healer too I want. That weapon is still like so much better than the fans you get around the dragon temple
>>
>>498405883
its the town to the right of gran trad
>>
>>498395219
I think if you taunt, and cycle back to the caster before enemy could move, the effect wears off AFTER the caster's next action, and you can't recast it before it wears off. So if you taunt and get another action before enemy's turn, it won't actually do anything.
>>
File: 1728918288444276.jpg (443 KB, 897x1300)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (1.96 MB, 1997x687)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
see ya later nerds
>>
>>498404010
it says half damage taken but it's only physical? I thought it was all damage halved
>>
>>498406639
Based on the writing of the passive, I'd say it should also be all damage. Just a JRPG thing to do its own thing.
>>
I struggle to care about Louis as a villain/character. He's the least interesting persona bad guy by far.
>>
>>498404849
it's not bad if you combine with the passive that double your crit rate but yeah you're probably better off putting your points into str and mag
>>
Something has been bugging me, do I actually unlock both ability, or do I make a choice when I hit confirm ?
>>
Okay who's the retard at atlus who designed it so system menu defaults on the load button instead of save, and how LOADING A SAVE TRIGGERS AUTO SAVE IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>498406807
For a final boss I am glad he atleast shows up regularly in the game. The holy grail thing in Persona 5 just shows up towards the very end. The setup around this tournament is just weird which makes it not feel as interesting as P4's murder mystery for me.
>>
>>498406983
both
>>
>>498406983
Why don't you check your progress after ranking up and see that both are highlighted in the menu showing that you have gained both abilities? God's sake.
>>
>on hard
>boss has 2 turn icons
>buff and debuff it everytrun
>boss spends 2 turns removing my buffs and his debuffs everyturn
>get unscathed

nice kiddie baby difficulty game (also 10 levels below the boss)
>>
>>498384429
He is really hates paripus
>>
>>498403993
This says so much about society
>>
>>498407342
Everyone who is mentally sound does. Sure there are captions like the brawler, but for the most part they continually prove themselves to be shitters who have only worked hard to earn their reputation
>>
>>498407298
Yeah I have no idea what they were thinking with that boss.
>>
>>498403993
It's always merchants that are at the top of social hierarchy.
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (19 KB, 354x196)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>498385335
>telling the dude who hates Paripus to marry one
>>
>>498405458
>bitter career woman with a dog gives jailbait boy money to hang out with her for a bit

hmmmmmm
>>
>this 4th dungeon
i fucking hate this.
>>
File: GCCX.jpg (40 KB, 750x400)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>498407298
Getting bosses into a loop is the PEAK of gaming and you can't convince me otherwise.
>>
File: 1717150581320182.jpg (1.18 MB, 3440x1440)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Based?
>>
>>498405458
The third(?) part of hers was so retarded I couldn't help laughing at it
>These people maybe killed my dog so I am going to brutally massacre their entire village
>Uh, are you sure about that?
>So you support killing dogs then
>>
The writing to justify the infiltration of Louis's ship is so bad. How any of the team think that knocking out a bunch of guards, beating up Louis's most loyal supporters and stealing their keys, and causing a bunch of problems around the ship won't alert him is insane. I haven't gotten to the soiree yet but even if he knows what they did all along (the story kinda feels like it'll go that way), it still makes the team look stupid for even considering it would work.
Like yeah let's construct this multi-month long plan to pretend to be Louis's supporters and then have everything hinge on all of his supporters that we beat up being too scared to lose their jobs to tell him.

I'm frustrated because the story up until this point felt pretty believable and grounded. But then it turns into this lazy slop.
>>
>>498406405
>no white pubes
wasted potential
>>
ywn shake hands with Eupha, god damnit
best arc so far
>>
>5/7 of your party in their base canonical Archetype are slash
why the fuck would they do this
>>
>>498394353
Yea it’s fucking retarded and assuming you’re playing on storyteller because you get like 2 or 3 times the exp from fights
>>
>>498408093
Maybe there's an alt image idk I just saved it.
>>
>>498408154
>barely anything is the game is weak to slash
>but a fuckton of enemies are weak to pierce
>>
>>498408072
>Why do people who believe in world of STR abide by barbarian way of thinking
Gee I dunno.
>>
>>498408072
not even the worst bit of writing regarding that
>>
Is there a single attractive girl in this game?
>>
Eupha has the best not Social Link, but Junah probably has the best role in the main plot.
>>
seeker is fucking garbage
>>
>>498408072
Bro you ain't seen nothing yet. That fucking chapter is full of dumbass writing.
>>
>>498408573
Me when I lie. Soul Hacker is one of the best classes in the game
>>
>>498407804
tfw I went there at level 44 and almost every enemy dies without going to combat
>>
This game is woke dogshit
>>
>>498408072
Right from the start the plan hinges on him not recognising Hulkenberg, who was there when the prince got cursed and chased and stabbed the guy who did it
>>
>>498408581
It kinda felt that they just rushed to the finale in the last part of the game. The abandoned Magic Academy not being a dungeon was pretty blatant, too.
>>
>>498408870
Ok.
>>
>>498408541
>Junah
What did she even do? I'm at the sky castle and she hasn't really done much outside her slice of the story with her sister. All party members have pretty uniformed amount of importance to me.
>>
>>498408072
They uhhh did it super stealthy so no one noticed.
>>
>>498408758
its the same for me but trying to navigate this place as someone who likes to find everything is aids
>>
>>498409012
It'll be a dungeon in Metaphor ReReFantazio in a few years for another 60 bucks
>>
>>498408995
Hinges on it how exactly? There are many people even NPCs who know her as the fallen knight, are you actually like stupid and think it's bad writing? Louis even aknowledging he recognizes Hulkenberg would pretty much imply he was the attacker.
>>
>>498408995
??? Everyone knows she's a royal knight that quit, she went out of her way to quit precisely so joining the Louisian faction wouldn't cause problems
Her being there when the prince was attacked means nothing to anyone besides her because Louis doesn't know the prince is alive in the first place
>>
>strohl literally has a meltie in front of louis and calls him a psychopath
>"haha yeah anyway go fetch me this legendary artifact btw it's cool you were on my ship when it mysteriously took off and you also killed my lackey"
This writing lmao.
>>
Kung fu tea is doing themed metaphor drinks
>>
>>498409630
Not only are you a speedreader but also retarded
>>
>>498409630
>says to a guys face he personally allowed his entire family and friends to be killed and his home town to be razed to the ground
>receives meltie
how could this happen
its not like strohl even did anything besides jump in place
>>
>>498409145
What do you mean? Her sister is the curse caster that literally triggered the whole plot.
>>
Is this going to be the new "Why did people rally behind Louis at the funeral?"
>>
Do only the MC plus the first two party members have a combat start cut-in?
>>
>>498409630
Here we have the Persona 3 fan in its natural habitat
Unfamiliar with the written word, the Persona 3 fan appeals to emotion with projection and cope when trying to assert dominance
>>
>>498410191
no youre just unlucky, everyone has one
>>
>>498410257
The age of a new king draws near.
>>
>>498410283
I'm starting to miss the critical hit/weakness cut-ins from persona
>>
I will say, I think the linear nature of the tournament of the brave hurts the overall enjoyment of the game. I could see a game with this popularity race, and calendar system, but structured like say Pathfinder KM/WOTR where you freely go around in acts but can easily fuck up being a more compelling game.
>>
Who is the Futaba of Metaphor?
>>
File: 1708791378338582.png (121 KB, 168x300)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>498410352
shut upppp
>>
>>498410552
>whos the actually retarded 15 year old whos technically your adopted little sister that the game lets you fuck
hopefully noone jesus christ
>>
Can I fight the baby thing early without fucking up the entire dungeon?
>>
File: Caeepture.png (245 KB, 790x197)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
The palace dungeon magic doors are fucking aids holy shit
>>
Wow, the Faker seems mediocre as fuck. 48MP for a chance to increase or decrease turns? At least Trickster looks good.
>>
Hello
>>
does rain also make enemies immune to press turn? or does "inclement weather" only refer to the shiny special weather each area has?
>>
>>498411201
Why is almost everyone taller than the MC?
>>
>>498410935
>+15 Mag/Luck for free
Balanced builds continue to win.
>>
I really wanna press my turn into Heismay
>>
MAGIC SUCKS ASS
>>
>>498411201
I can't self-insert into the MC because he is a midget
>>
>>498411570
haha y-yeah same
>>
Doujins when?
>>
>>498411201
Why you have such long ears, Hulk-chan?
>>
>>498410072
So? Her sister is an important element of the plot and she's the driving force of that element, sure. In the story itself she still wasn't given a role anymore important than the other members.
The king himself is the driving force of Louis' character and the main reason why everything is fucked up but for the overall story he's still barely matters.
>>
>>498384973
This is late but hitting weaknesses isn't as important as her synthesis that gives enemies weaknesses. It's not important early game but it is late game.
>>
>>498411680
This game flopped so never
>>
>>498411338
He's probably the youngest member in the party period. The height disparity kind of reinforces both that and metaphorically being the underdog
>>
>>498411338
Because his race is average japanese male.
>>
Game too litty
>>
>>498411680
never
>>
>>498411542
Why?
>>
>>498411135
It's useful, i.e. use last in your first turn to apply two rounds of buffs at the start of a harder fight, or to squeeze extra damage out of buffs during a turn before they expire
>>
>getting filtered by zorba when you can just unga bunga
i can't even, god why are you people so bad at games
>>
File: neuras.webm (3.27 MB, 484x720)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB WEBM
this is the first black person ive liked, i love him
>>
>>498412210
Zorba is actually filtering people? He was easy as fuck
>>
>>498412223
get it? you're a racist? haha i laughed you're so funny anon. are you from some backwards country in europe? yup you sure are. you quirky person you
>>
>>498412383
add him to the annals of shitter history with Matador, Minotaur, and so on
>>
>>498411752
Kind of a bad example; King is a very important key character because he is More.
>>
>>498412487
but its true, this is the first black person i liked, are they like this?
>>
I hope the story has something hidden other than heroes want something the exact same as the villain but the villain is just an evil douche which is why we're stopping him. like please to god tell me there's some hidden motivation here.
>>
>>498412598
yeah it's also true you're a racist from some backwater country in europe. you got any other observations that you've found? like you're a homosexual? a woman in a male's body?
>>498411752
>>498410072
also god damn bros you fags need to learn to use the spoiler tag. at least the last guy spoiler tagged my retarded ass hovered over.
>>
>>498412640
Louis is a Chaosfag, the main characters are Neutralcucks.
>>
>>498412640
you need to kill louis and save the prince and comeback alive so you can inseminate maria
>>
File: 1728483733167087.jpg (411 KB, 1080x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>
English or Japanese?
this is probably the only atlus game where I'm sticking with the english dub. Japanese is okay but english fits the setting more and there hasn't been a real need to have japanese troy baker or laura bailey spit out some emotional moments.
>>
>>498412814
Stupid nigga shut upr
>>
>>498408072
usually strohl will comes up with a retarded plan that is clearly going to fail, then everything works out because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
at least it's better than some other jrpgs that force your mc to be the idiot one for the sake of tension, here you just tag along
>>
>>498413014
>upr
>>
Berg
>>
>you can actually trigger a bad ending
oopsie
>>
Unironically is there any book like MC's actual book that's just infodumping about a "fictional" society? The closest I've read was starship troopers but that's more of a coming of age story.
>>
>>498412992
i picked Japanese, i dont like the dub voices much aside from maybe strohl but idk with Japanese its harder to judge so i usually go with Japanese on these games.
>>
>>498409630
What do you suggest he have done ? He can’t kill him and he really wanted to know and was trying to distract him
>>
File: utopia-20.jpg (521 KB, 1200x1916)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>498413183
Anon...
>>
>>498413386
kek
>>
I wonder how the SMT devs are feeling right now.
>>
For early game, what's the best "subclass" for Hulkenburg and Stahl? With MC, I've just been using Brawler + Medi for healing.
>>
>>498413149
From what I know, they seem to be super obvious press X to get a bad ending kind of thing rather than because you fucked up earlier in game
>>
>>498413183
>>498413386
kek what's with the influx lately of secondary faggots that don't realize every last idea from Atlus games is taken from religion/philosophy/psychology concepts that have been around for hundreds and hundreds of years
>>
>>498412992
jp voice but also jp text. i never played jp games in english because i'm efl (english as fourth language) and learned jp before it.
>>
>>498413506
Need some kind of magic, can’t go wrong with giving hulk mage because she needs it for her next knight class
>>
>>498413506
For Cathedral I used MC on Healer, Strohl on Warrior because the dragon sword gives his attacks fire affinity and Hulk on Brawler because early game Knight just sucks and they arent throwing you Pierce weak enemies yet
>>
>>498413386
>>498413183
......wow that's embarrassing. thanks anon. is this game going to start talking about kant and some imaginary lines or something.
>>498413639
fuck you. don't tell me khonsu is an actual human god or whatever that fucked some japanese chick.
>>
Do you get more free time later on anons? Just made to the second city and you don't get much yet
>>
File: the-republic-190.jpg (570 KB, 1200x1773)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
>More's cat is called Plato
>>
>>498413454
Pretty good knowing that they still make the best games at Atlus
>>
>>498413639
turns out advertising works and people get into franchise for the first time all the time.
>>
>>498413987
>>498413639
you know what fuck you, how was i suppose to know that it was an actual book. eat shit and live
>>
>>498413506
>1st Floor
Mage/Warrior/Mage
>Upper Floors
Healer/Brawler/Mage, occassionally running 2x Mage when fighting the blue orbs.
>>
>>498384429
expected morgana, got frog
>>
>>498414123
i was literally on your side.
>>
do you think Hulkenberg and Grius..?
>>
File: 1888409483872.gif (332 KB, 220x220)
332 KB
332 KB GIF
>>498413965
>they still make the best games at Atlus
>>
>>498414198
IM NOT NEW IVE BEEN INTO THIS SERIES SINCE DESU1 RELEASE. YES I KNOW ATLUS PULLS A LOT OF THIS SHIT BUT HOW WOULD I KNOW ITS AN ACTUAL BOOK
>>
Is it gay to spend your time stroking your sword with Strohl?
>>
Considering the nature of the twist. They really should've just went the extra mile and just made Metaphor the Turn A of Atlus.
>>
>personacentral
>>
>>498414314
its okay, im a different guy but i also didnt know it was based off a real book.
>>
I'm genuinely surprised how "toned down" Metaphor is. Doesn't feel like it has the oomph or the style P5 has. Maybe it's intentional but I was really expecting something kinda wild but it seems to be playing by the books so far. Feels like DQXI has more flair and that's saying something.
>>
Has anyone tried the cracked demo yet?
>>
>>498414314
Okay, turns out people can just enjoy things without knowing/caring whether if it was based off other things or not, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Do calm down.
>>
>>498414471
Calling Junah and Eupha's Archetypes references to Persona and SMT is an understatement, too.
>>
>>498414859
NO DONT CALL ME A SECONDARY FAGGOT OR NEW BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS AN ACTUAL BOOK AHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: image-149.png (254 KB, 739x301)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
your mag farm bro? seriously the red crystal things spawning enemies INFINITELY is retarded
>>
>>498414960
Only a secondary tourist would get this mad.
>>
>>498415013
Why? It lets newfriends such as yourself beat the series.
>>
>>498415081
>>498415067
YOU. P4AU LOBBY NOW
>>
>>498415169
Only a tourist would try to prove he's not a tourist with a P4AU lobby.
>>
>>498415169
>zoomer that has been grinding a dead game recently wants to try to prove something in it
No thanks.
>>
File: file.png (586 KB, 1342x264)
586 KB
586 KB PNG
dios mio...
>>
Which Archetype is the best to start off with?
Saber
Caster
Archer
>>
Is there any significant loot/steal differences between the starboard and port wings on Louis's skyrunner dungeon?
>>
File: Galli Cringe.gif (118 KB, 200x150)
118 KB
118 KB GIF
>>498413987
It also helps that there's so much content in the demo. That's what sold me on it.
>>
>>498415604
You can do both, just turn around.
>>
>>498415081
stop acting like you didnt cheese fusions in old smt games until you got the exact skills you wanted

who am i kidding youre probably a persona5 baby
>>
>>498415652
I don't think rolling a skillset is comparable to grinding, sane people try not to rely on bad odds skill inherits anyway.
>>
Just got teleportation and now I have decision paralysis, not sure if I should do Komero, the Goborn or the Cuculus quest first.. I can also go see Maria..
>>
is there ACTUALLY no romance in this game? like 0? i thought there would be no romance because there's a canon romance but nobody really feels canon yet....
>>
>>498415881
No FUCK OFF
>>
>arrived at Forsaken Tower during storm
fug
>>
>>498415881
Why do people care so much about romance in Persona games? It barely has relevance even there. You get a couple scenes and that's it. It's never even mentioned in any of the plot scenarios.
>>
>>498409630
You and Louis both are using each other to achieve respective goals, you're not friends in the first ppace.
>>
File: they hated him.jpg (73 KB, 447x447)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>498383994
>>
File: 20241013194530_1.jpg (1.15 MB, 2560x1440)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>498416208
haha...
>>
>>498414879
Don't forget the one called SOUL HACKER

>>498415506
Where did you get this anon...
>>
got rekt by the big baby
>>
why does junah have such a huge forehead why does soejima keep drawing girls with huge foreheads when it's his main weakness
>>
>>498410552
The brown mechanic.
>>
This silver I arena fight is absolute fucking horse shit.
>>
>>498416445
People crying about Zorba sure are in for a rude awakening
>>
>>498416334
Good thing is you get so much exp at least
>>
>>498411201
>royal snu snu time
>>
>>498413747
The pierce synthesis is the only defense reduction skill you get for a long time. You shouldn't underestimate it.
>>
Should I do the tomb or the forest first? I can only do one before "the mission"
>>
File: 1704042196777239.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
Isn't this pretty good? The guarding costs half a press turn one seems solid too.
>>
>>498412640
Technically Louis isn't the only villain.
>>
>get to the Virga island dungeon on hard
>l can literally kill all enemies on the overworld
I'm level 37, did I somehow overlevel? I haven't really grinded shit.
>>
>>498416396
>Where did you get this anon...
Rank 8 Neuras
>>
>>498416767
i found the tomb too hard before the the mission but its objectively more efficient. but you do lose out on shit when you do it first because you cant steal from some of the enemies in there designed to be stolen from
>>
>>498412210
People take random shit just because game lets them while also playing on hard and then get their ass beat.
>>
>>498417047
>you cant steal from some of the enemies in there designed to be stolen from
Uh yes you can
>>
Zorba is way harder than Minotaur and Matador to be fair.
>>
>>498416767
do forest first
>>498417120
not if you do it before you have thief from the story
>>
>>498416893
Both of them have a lot of asteriks. If you guard and come back around to the person, then you need to guard again. You can plan around this but given that making actions cost half a turn makes it more likely for you to rotate around, it can be hard to fully work with. The actions still cost press turns as normal and there is an increasing opportunity cost of accessory slot that could be further boosting your damage or providing other utility as the game progresses. Great early though.
>>
>>498415881
There is a plot reason for no romance but it's not because you get one.
>>
>>498416208
It took some planning for me to be able to take the village route to the tower so I could also clear the tomb and other stuff on the way while not getting inclement weather it was a total pain in the ass but doable
>>
>>498417217
Well I assumed he was ready to go to the castle but I guess he meant the cave.
Then yes, forest for sure.
>>
>>498417365
dont tell me i'm about to get hit with another I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU :(
>>
>>498415648
Is it even worth bothering or is it a waste of time like fighting the baby human early in dungeon 2
>>
>>498416893
If you have someone you want to attack twice it's good otherwise it disrupts a lot. There were a lot of times where it was a detriment though since specific battles required that one character not have two actions.
>>
please tell me there is a level where I can do tricks on my sword skateboard don't tell me atlus missed like that
>>
>>498417670
This dungeon is short so it shouldn't be much of a strain and there's a decent amount of stuff, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>498417732
no but there is a legit skateboarding kino scene
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.05 MB, 946x654)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
wait a minute, do you get different thing from different party member?
>>
>>498417798
good enough for me
>>
>>498417556
Nah, it's fine.
>>
>>498417795
I am running out of side/bond stuff to do so I guess I should go and rob that place and do main quest stuff
>>
File: asd.jpg (34 KB, 687x193)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>498417825
Different named items, but same effect.
>>
>>498417825
Yea but it all +5 to stats
>>
>>498417795
Yeah the bootleg MGS1 gimmick is kinda neat
>>
>>498413506
They want Hulk to be a mage, knight and commander
They want Stahl to be a warrior, gunner, pugilist
They want MC to be the healer supporter seeker
>>
>>498418515
Lying retard.
The canonical classes are:
MC: Whatever you want
Hulkenberg: Knight and Mage
Strohl: Warrior and Commander
Heismay: Thief, Gunner, Merchant
Junah: Base Class+Faker
Eupha: Base Class+Seeker
Seventh Party Member: Base Class+Brawler

>>498413506, build your characters like that and you're on the road to their Ultimate class
>>
>>498418515
Nah you want Strohl to go Commander tree not gunner for his tier 3 job
>>
The story fell off so hard for me by the end. Feels so tiring just to keep going after the sky turns red
>>
>>498418736
If anything Strohl is the Merchant, it doesn't really fit anyone but atleast he is nobility like Hulk
>>
>>498418916
It's not about what fits, its about what they need to unlock their ultimate classes. Every characters ultimate class requires them to master their base Archetype and the Archetype for each I listed
>>
>>498418772
Personally, it feels like they want everyone to do every job as necessary. I had Strohl as a gunner even though it didn't work towards his final embodiment and it was really good when I needed pierce.

I think the game is way too fucking stingy with the A-Exp. There needed to be more elementals in dungeons and rebalanced so that they give more a-exp then mag and gold.
>>
>>498418772
Strohl's high strength makes the gunner class feel really strong from the backline, considering how he's the only pure STR character you get, there's no way you're intended to give gunner to anyone else.
>>
>>498419215
He's not the only pure strength character you get but making the second one you get a Gunner with their base archetype and stat spread is retarded
>>
Just punch niggas with your two Brawlers, it's that simple.
>>
>>498419082
I usually spend a bit of time grinding AP and money with merchant when I'm doing my circuit around the map doing requests and I get to an area where you can easily respawn a lot of one shottable enemies like the Goblin forest near Martira or the bird forest near Brilehaven
>>
I even made my mage strlet mc a gunner and it seems fine so far, just get good gear and abuse the giga bullet synth
>>
>>498420008
Gunner is pretty nuts, also having a spammable Heavy attack at 20. Only held back by bows being weaker but you can just take Hex Shot into your strongest weapon class and back row them.
>>
>Metaphor threads are not just /pol/ threads in disguise
Sad state of affairs over on the other boards.
>>
File: 1728926655002580.jpg (3.46 MB, 3346x3962)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
>>498420153
The game is very political, and released right before the Burger elections. I don't think it operates on the praxis of American politics though. Namely, it sees equality and freedom as in conflict, and that a balance must be found between the two, whereas Murrican political thought sees them as the same (can't have one without the other).
>>
When do I start dumping into STR? I just got the blonde girl
>>
>mastered merchant
>farm enemies
>gives you archetype EXP seed
>feed it to everyone else to level up their archetypes
What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>498420541
You want a mix of str/mag honesty because from what I seen your ultimate weapon is a hybrid of them
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.12 MB, 1833x900)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>can summon personas
>defeated by bunch of savages with knots
this is so stupid
>>498420620
nothing, that's the intended way
>>
>gain 4 turn icons
>chimera wing
>chimera wing
>chimera wing
>cyclone
>2-3 dead
I can't take these obnoxious bullshit enemies anymore.
>>
>>498420620
Nothing, you don’t lose anything from it and just get more gold. That’s what I been doing for hours and it just works
>>
File: 1721384523988489.jpg (286 KB, 975x850)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>louis is evil
>the church is evil
>humans are evil
so who the hell are the good guys???
>>
>>498420708
Oh ok, that's what I have been doing. Hope letting the game decide when I get EN and AG points doesn't end up fucking me in the ass later.
>>
>>498419837
I mean that's a lot of grinding I don't want to do. Merchant doesn't really give you bonus A-exp and money stops mattering after a while.
>>
W Game
>>
>>498420938
Me. I am justice.
>>
>>498420938
Gallica
>>
File: kissing brown.jpg (275 KB, 1359x987)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>squished into Merchant's pits
Who'd want that?
>>
>>498420778
get out of the front row nigga
>>
>>498420746
you retard, they turned themselves in. they're trying to get the spear without killing anyone, using archetypes on people without igniters is basically a death sentence.
>>
>>498420746
>they bothered to tie up Gallica
kek
>>
>>498421253
Those are all magic attacks you stupid fuck.

>inb4 why don't you have a drain wind skill to inherit
>>
>>498420778
What are you fighting ?
>>
File: 1717273260279215.jpg (364 KB, 2048x1152)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>498420938
>>
>>498421362
Retard. It only does that because you have units in the front row.
>>
>>498421295
genuinely makes them smarter than louis btw
>>
>>498420938
>Man playing an SMT game for the first time.
>>
>>498421425
The giant bird in Eupha's trial sidequest.
>>
>>498420938
>Church = Law
>Louise = Chaos
Do you even SMT/Persona?
>>
>>498420938
Whoever you agree with the most
>>
>>498421486
Brigitta is just a tired office lady who's sick and tired of being used by other people so she became ruthless and cold but later opens herself to a dog and a cute young boy which makes her break down.
>>
>>498421295
Gallica actually doing cool stuff that a small flying fairy can do is actually really amazing because normally they just ignore it in other RPGs. I loved it when she pulled opened switches to get your out or spied on your behalf.
>>
File: 1711181972879761.jpg (463 KB, 1768x2557)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>498421723
That's all it takes.
>>
>>498384775
she'd never fuck him you cretin
>>
>>498421723
Her storyline is a fucking trip.
>>
File: 1706343520670995.jpg (81 KB, 697x555)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>498421723
Now bark.
>>
File: Caaapture.png (1.4 MB, 768x847)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
Rate my build.
>>
>>498422290
Too much STR
>>
>>498420938
King and prince, it's shakespearean like ff15.
>>
urban fantasy is better
>>
File: 1697738706774455.png (2.34 MB, 3840x2160)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
Those little stops you make inbetween trips which are essentially just prerendered backgrounds is something more developers should just bring back. Even if you cant explore those places, it expands the world and makes it look bigger than it is, which is a good thing. Also it's gorgeous.
>>
Wanna be Brigitta's dog, ngl
>>
It's insane how bad some skillsets are for elite/advanced classes

Like what the fuck is paladin
>>
man the story sucks fucking ass during virga island, i literally dont care about ANY of this
>>
>>498422501
They did Lord of the Rings with niggers and it was bad though.
>>
>>498422637
It sucks even worse next town.
>>
File: image-113.png (2.34 MB, 1438x1621)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
Coming fresh off daemon muramasa it's very nice to see more brown elf with white hair supremacy thank you atlus
>>
>>498422613
It has the best tanking skills in the game you retard, stop being a DPSfag
>>
File: 1727137234079033.jpg (319 KB, 1918x1073)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
Reminder to wear protective equipment in dungeons.
>>
>>498422520
can you go back to the sights after you visited them? i forgot to get a screenshot of the tree of prophecy when I got there.
>>
>>498422686
what?
>>
>>498422613
Compare its Synthesis skills to Dark Knight and think about it some more.
>>
>>498422697
theres absolutely no way. isnt the last party member basilio? hes easily my favorite character
>>
>>498423032
yeah anon is a lying fuck. the town after virga island is fucking peak.
>>
>Want to do a mage build
>Gallica's bond is tied to story progression and you literally can't get Tier 3 Mage until a month before the game is over
Why the fuck would they do this?
>>
Okay am I fucking stupid? It looks like Dragoons magic even though the stats and the whole line are phys??
>>
>>498423194
next town is asspull after asspull after asspull. magnus brothers were great but the story starts to fall apart from next town.
>>
Pikuxe
>>
>>498423713
Cool story bro.
>>
>unlock eupha
>shes level 41
>party is level 46
typical rpg moment, cant do side stuff before main stuff or you become overpowered. amazing.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (577 KB, 1280x1164)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>
>>498422735
I'm on hard and getting better tanking skills is not even needed, I used it most in first dungeon now it's just faceroll damage
>>
Yeah I've rarely had to even use Attack debuffs. There are a few fights where I've felt the need to cast Shelter a few times, but not many. And before that I used Marakukaja a handful of times. It's the standard problem of it costing a lot of turns to maintain all these buffs.
>>
>>498422837
I won't be needing protective equipment in her dungeon if you catch my drift
>>
All these other candidates and their insane extremist views are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>498420536
Amerimutt elections and the failure of AAA Western titles like Concord have emboldened doomposters unfortunately. Funnily enough when rumors of the cracked copy came a few hours ago, you have all these people asking about it in one /v/ thread. It gives credence to /pol/ and /v/ being poorfag hues and SEAniggers; its all about "principles" until you can play it for free.
>>
>have to use the accessory slot for masks
>can't swap them mid battle like a wild card
Masked dancer is kind of lame. The benefit of being able to swap masks is already covered by being able to swap archetypes.
>>
Not being able to change archetypes in battle is really fucking wack
>>
>>498422720
Sexual intercourse with a man sized spider.
>>
>>498424752
One wants to just be a warmonger, one wants zero taxs and to drink, and another just wants to sell stuff. A lot of them are fucking retarded and others are smart with it
>>
>>498425281
it wouldn't make much sense
>>
Eat, Sleep, Metaphor, repeat.
That's all I'm doing right now and im 35 hours into the game. I havent been engrossed in a video game in years. Just one more side dungeon, just one more bond to level up, just one more side thing to do and 8 hours passes just like that.
>>
>>498425484
My favorite is the guy who wants to aggressively tax the young for the prosperity of the old.
>>
ngl I was expecting the game to be a bit more political than it is (at least for me rn), it's basically just anti-racism vs pro-racism with a bit of like... theocracy thrown in there
>>
>>498425894
I wish I didn't have to work.
>>
File: file.png (1.69 MB, 788x1183)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
chocolate fairy feet...
>>
>>498426025
This game is less woke than Final Fantasy X, people are just retarded.
>>
>>498426025
>ngl I was expecting the game to be a bit more political than it is
I don't know why you would expect that if you've played persona
>>
>>498426025
It's just law, chaos, neutral SMT style but except with politics.
>>
>>498426025
Its literally just a paint by the nunbers fantasy racism theme that a dozen JRPGs have covered before, it just so happens to come out at an unfortunate time and angered goty tribalists.
>>
>>498426159
I haven't played Persona.
>>
>>498426205
Holy fuck. This game is another SMT. I was so fooled by the persona art style I didn't even notice.
>>
>>498425894
I'm playing 8 hours a day on average and if I didn't have have any classes to attend I would pass out on my chair
>>
>charadrius dungeon
>kill bosses in 3 turns or less
>hard mode
im gonna frickin scream
>>
>>498426545
You must be 18 to use this website.
>>
>>498426424
I think they draw influence from just about all their RPGs over the past 20-30 years, even the Raidou action games get a little bit of a nod in the overworld encounter system.
>>
>>498426615
noooo adults can't go back to school!
>>
I missed the debate with roger. it's all over....
>>
>>498426997
They don't come back?
What do you get for beating them all?
>>
>>498426596
learn to build your characters right
>>
I’m no foot fag but that fucking fairy waving her bare feet in my face has to be intentional
>>
Will lineage’s
>seeker
>mage
>gunner
>merchant
Strohl lineage’s
>warrior
>brawler
>berserker in endgame
Hulkenberg lineage’s
>knight
>healer
>warrior
Heisman lineage’s
>gunner
>ninja
>faker
Am I doing it right? Now that I’ve finally got some of the base jobs mastered grinding seems much easier 32 hours in
>>
>>498426750
You have 20 year old students at your high school?
>>
>>498427196
I cant when none of them have good magic stats because the game decides MC must be magic early game or else. I said fuck that
>>
do ailments never go away on their own?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (798 KB, 3840x2160)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
These final knight classes are pretty fucking cool looking
>>
File: 1726079383335.jpg (200 KB, 1047x1137)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>498407595
The cure for paripus racism is good paripussy.
>>
For you perfectly balanced anons out there.
>Pick Luck
>Invest into primarily into Str/Mag/Agi/End
>Skimp on 6 End and 1 Agi which you will put into Luck instead
>Take shits on Idlesday when it opens up
If you do it properly, you'll have 73 in every stat but Luck which has 57 + Idlesday bonuses when all archetypes are maxed in your unique class by Level 96. This is of course before gear.
>>
Hey I just hit 30, does this game ever hit hard again or does the infinite money just completely break the game?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (876 KB, 3840x2160)
876 KB
876 KB JPG
>>498427551
>>
>>498427654
Did you do the charadrius dungeon yet? They dont hit hard but its hard cause you have to win fights in 3 turns
>>
>>498427502
They do in combat eventually, not sure about in the overworld, but it's not hard to swap to Healer and cast Patra.
>>
>>498427654
On hard just one single critical or misplaced skill use can end lead to a game over
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.23 MB, 1429x605)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>498427551
blood for the blood god?
>>
>>498427654
The Etrian Odyssey dungeon you go to with Eupha is really brutal, especially if you don't grind up first.
>>
>>498383994
i feel like i should like this game
i played smt 3-5 and persona 2-5
yet now im playing the prologue demo to see how it is
and im instantly bored, i just beat up fatty mc Klinger in the mine and got the archetype for eyepatch guy.

does it get better later on? does the story pick up? i can see collecting all the archetypes be fun.

also i feel like the 3d models and textures look kinda outdated, like something youd see in fire emblem 3 houses is the first thing that came to my mind
>>
>>498428139
Yes, early-game is always the worst part of Persona games.
>>
Are any of the dlcs worth it? I know it’s just costumes I’m not a big fan of the current default outfits and I’d like to switch it up but I see they are mostly just persona school outfits?
>>
>>498427975
huh, I spent like 10 turns burned. guess it was just bad luck.
>>
File: 1724211318345400.png (1.33 MB, 1602x813)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
this shit worth my entire net worth?
>>
>>498427485
is your worldview 100% influenced by japanese media?
>>
>>498427232
The canonical classes are:
MC: Whatever you want
Hulkenberg: Knight and Mage
Strohl: Warrior and Commander
Heismay: Thief, Gunner, Merchant
Junah: Base Class and Faker
Eupha: Base Class and Seeker
Seventh Member: Base Class and Brawler

These are the only ones you need to master (their elite versions) for their Ultimate classes. Beyond that its up to you
>>
>>498428139
Play it until the election start at least.
Starting dungeon is whatever.
>>
>>498428381
You can get it 30% off on the 29th, or 20% off before then. Links in this game don't cost much cash, so you're pretty free to spend money on gear, just make sure you have a lot of restoratives.
>>
Do stats matter that much? Can you brick your build? I’m going with Mag and Str
>>
>>498428139
I felt similar but after 30 hours I'm liking it a lot.
>>
>>498428483
is that included in the demo?
i dont want to spend 70 bucks to gamble on a game
>>
>>498428139
Play it until the 2nd main dungeon thats when you start traveling on your own without tutorials and shit
>>
>>498428682
the demo last 3 days,,you more than enough time to test the game,so go for it.
>>
>>498428878
wait what do you mean it lasts 3 days?

also i checked the steam page and apparently the demo includes the first 4 dungeons
>>
>>498428102
At least there's enemies that drop magla pills (and like 5 spawners that infinitely spawn them). You can easily replenish mp by just equipping thief and farming them for their drops
>>
>>498428656
Certainly not by investing in STR and MAG. The only brick I could see would be investing in AGI which is a fucking worthless stat that does nothing.
>>
>>498428656
Weapons/Armor do most of the work and some accessories give nonsensical bonuses like +15 in a stat for free. There's also no reason to have more than 80 in Str/Mag/End/Agi or 81 Luck inherently.
>>
>>498429131
you are given 3 days to roam around and do want you want in daily/night cycle part of the game
>>
>>498429458
and luck
>>
>2 merchants
>Enemy rare drops are still extremely low drop rate despite my MC being luck build.

driving me insane.
>>
>>498429754
Just steal them nigga
>>
>>498428656
In terms of stat usefulness str/mag > end/agi > luck.
You kinda brick yourself by not levelling at least 1 damage stat.
>>
i really hate how catherina and neuras are only available whenever you progress the story. i just want brawler and gunner to be good but holy shit i already have access to a bunch of tier 3 archetypes and those ones are still locked behind 4 ranks of the correlating slink
>>
>>498427151
There's an achievement for winning every debate.
Also I think if you do it + beat their runner fight they drop out and your rank increases more. Lina dropped out after I fought her, but after I beat Roger he just whined and the MC thought to himself "I need him to give up, but I can't do it by force"
>>
>>498429820
I don't have a thief and I don't want to waste time going back to this place once I get one.
>>
>>498414784
It gets stuck on the gauntlet runner when you have to open the map to travel to do sidequests.
>>
>>498429871
>Brawler
Brawler is the only Phys class with HP-sourced skills in a game where it's cheap as hell, has a Synthesis skill that clears most encounters for the entirety of the game and Pugilist comes with physical coverage, vital DEF debuffs and it still has a suped up Light move to get around Phys Null. Pugilist does start falling off a bit when you access the last of the other Archetypes and Catherine is still locking your shit, but it's coming off of owning over half of the game's face and always having access to some of the best weapons. Just transfer some skills over.
>Gunner
Base 20 Gunner has access to a Heavy damage move while everyone else is using Light, need I say more?
>>
Do you get anything for fighting the baby monster 10 times when its still all shadowy and called "???"
>>
>>498431219
a Health Incense each time you defeat it, I didn't bother
>>
>>498430495
I dont trust when a skill says "heavy damage" since I have light damage attacks that do the same damage
>>
>>498423497
Summoner is a lot stronger. You only need tier 3 mages for hyper and passives.
>>
File: 1702233104401896.jpg (109 KB, 730x752)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>check mods
>whatsapp outfit for Gallica
but why?
>>
>>498431432
It could be shit, I haven't tested it. Am a simple Fist man, but on paper Gunner looks good. Are you using it from the back row?
>>
>>498428656
Mag is the meta pick early. Your first two party members are Str based and the third is an agi speed demon. MC is going to main mage a lot. Don't neglect agi though, you want enough to be able to push yourself to where you want in the turn order. A slow mage that goes last is less useful than a fast mage even if they hit for slightly less.
>>
what kind of name is fucking Hulkenberger
>>
>>498430495
my biggest gripe with brawler is
>only 2 synthesis skills
>all of the strike attacks scale with how full your hp is and the damage falls off rapidly after using it once if you're not at full health again
>pugilist learns strike boost but wait its best attack is a fucking pierce move
god this shit is so cursed, atlus was so terrified of physical skills using hp being too overpowered and it fucking shows
>>
>>498431813
I really can't blame them, I have had a breeze with a double Brawler party for the entirety of the game up to getting additional party members. Even now it's still great but I can see the better potential with the new party members, plus unique classes are on the horizon which will naturally creep these options out anyway. That would be the thing that makes me sad, I think. Also the passives/actives on Brawler T3 are pathetic.
>>
>>498414168
Frog was the first parallel I thought of, too
>>
>>498431813
I'm pretty sure only perfect punch scales. Skull cracker does the same damage regardless of hp.
>>
>>498432076
This, skull cracker spam is good once you dont have max hp
>>
>>498432076
>>498432158
read >>498429871

when you're at the point of getting tier 3 archetypes skull cracker is basically useless.
>>
File: 1728933307315350.png (1.47 MB, 2253x1297)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>498420536
I wish Metaphor went harder on the politics and culture just to piss off people.
>>
>>498432408
That's great and all but that's not what I was replying to.
>>
File: 1700273825769880.png (169 KB, 813x509)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>498431801
The game is about winning a race, innit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfoUQvMRY94
>>
File: 1709446160981248.jpg (206 KB, 1418x2048)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>498432559
>what I expected
>deep discussion on politics in a RPG setting
>what I got
>save the world JRPG with politics as a dressing
>>
>>498432876
Did anyone find verstappen yet?
>>
>first and second class give you crit buffs and make you think you'll get some awesome crit buff for your final class
>final class has nothing to do with crits
>>
I feel like being able to inherit 4 skills is just a recipe to create a completely broken job archetype but I dont know how to break the system yet.
>>
>>498433064
He was too busy playing in his racing simulator to make a cameo, maybe he'll appear in the enhanced version of Metaphor in 3 years.
>>
>>498428381
no armor sucks you wont feel a difference, weapons matter though
>>
So are basic archetypes always easy to level or do they scale in xp needed based on how many you have levelled up?
>>
>>498428381
Get it on idlesday.
It's a great piece because armor that boosts stats aside from end is pretty rare.
You'll find an agi booster and one with tweaked out evasion a bit later, both are nice to have.
>>
Did people already find the best way to increase each royal virtue?
>>
>>498420536
It's a disgrace right now. It's funny how the more the US wants to be "respected again" the rest of the world watches with increasing disdain and sees an unstable dysfunctional mess that should not be trusted or relied on.
>>
>>498432967
Where's the mole? That's like the sexiest part of her design.
>>
I had no MP issue because wizard passive on MC + Junah giving us 10 mp every turn with auto-tarukaja accessory made it irrelevant but trying to imagine if I didn't have that would be popping all the MP consumes

finally a long dungeon
>>
>>498433760
Going for debates with other canidates nets you 4 eloquence and a pity imagination. With bonuses for winning, plus money.
Bounties give you adequate courage, once you really need a lot of courage you get colossieum fights that you can do for both day parts that give you 4 courage, basically two bounties in one day
Books give you decent 4 points, and finishing it gives you extra. You always have days to read on the runner.
>>
>>498433760
Game is designed with experience from persona games where you can no longer waste your days doing nothing. You will always be increasing your royal virtues by doing something on the ship or in the town or by doing side quests. Just dont worry about it and play the game.
>>
>>498428381
How are you guys not absolutely swimming in money?

Mabye thats why I feel like the game is so easy while other anons complain, does the game keep selling these "overpowered but giga expensive" armors or do they eventually stop?
>>
>>498434370
People who arent swimming in money probably never used the merchant archetype.
>>
People are joking when they're saying they killed the human level 60 boss worm at level 30-40 right? Even with full defense/evasion up and him debuffed he can take 50-60% of your party health in 1 turn
If he burrows and you don't dodge you'll even get fucked with max def and guarding
>>
I can't believe Will used Gallica as an onahole...
>>
>Fly's in front of your face
>"Yikes... there's no way out of this!"
Evil Gallica...
>>
>>498434526
The no romance thing makes me feel bad for my lad will let him fuck SOMETHING
>>
So what exactly are the parts that cant be done in 1 playthrough according to the devs?
>>
>>498383994
Any party comp tips for early on? In the first dungeon and im struggling to decide what team comp. I have a healer I probably could just make a mage with some skill inheritance, and a warrior I have using the brawler strike skill so I only need to use healing items instead of MP.
>>
Is it just me or are there way more enemies that only have a single weakness in this game than SMT or Persona?
>>
>>498433702
1 to 2 will always be the exact same exp required. That never changes. How many you get doesn't change anything.
>>
>>498434526
This is why I always keep a spare balm of life
>>
>Start playing
>See Ariadne Threads
Do we get actual EO references or is it just minor stuff? No indepth spoilers please.
>>
>>498434636
I just headcanon the harem end. It wouldn't be unfitting given the context of the story and the character relationships.
>>
>>498435434
Healer/Warrior/Knight honestly was enough to get me through the first dungeon on hard. For the tougher enemies, I just spammed the thrust synthesis attack with Knight to do a ton of damage and reduce defense. And then heal as needed
>>
>>498435434
If you got the dragon sword healer/warrior/brawler will destroy the cathedral. You'll just want to swap to mage or knight for certain fights
>>
>>498435434
Mage with heal or healer with elemental spells, knight, warrior with brawler skills should be easy
>>
>>498435434
Archetype system is so lenient that you're supposed to be swapping party comps depending on what enemies you're gonna face. Just play around with it, there are no bad choices early on.
>>
>>498435615
Yea there's a EO easter egg later on.
>>
>>498435434
Try Merchant/Merchant/Merchant
>>
anyone fuck around with the draw distance? if so what you change it to? not a stickler for graphics at all btw
>>
>>498436415
You can unlock that before going into the dungeon?
>>
>>498436709
Yes. You can either proceed with the cathedral or you can take the Merchant sidequest dungeon. Make sure you have wisdom level 2 to start it
>>
>>498436415
does merchant/merchant/merchant passives stack?
>>
>>498434521
They want you to play on storyteller mode because you get 3 times the exp or 2 times, so you would over leveled and it hits like a baby
>>
I can’t play this game for more than 30 min at a time because my intrusive thoughts of raping the fairy get in the way
>>
>>498437093
Yeah. you can also inherit warrior and brawler passives to do more damage and more crits.
>>
File: 20241014173331_1.jpg (435 KB, 1920x1080)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
I might want to stop getting Luck eventually since I get free luck 6 times a month
>>
>>498437314
I did not know that, guess I'll have to test it out later then.
>>
File: 20241014173446_1.jpg (630 KB, 1920x1080)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
100MP to steal 1000 Mag, kinda useless. I assume it's a LOT better against bosses.
>>
>>498437408
Did you go all in on luck? How much more loot does it really give?
>>
>>498437408
bricked jesus christ
>>
Strohl's color scheme is amazing on magic seeker
>>
>>498437621
It seems to be a multiplier so it really shines on common drops, I'd say common drops are like 2/3 of a chance.
>>
>>498437314
>>498437425
The passives are probably the best skills to inherit. I inherited some of the merchant passives onto MC Mage so I can grind for MP and rare items at the same time.
>>
File: 1710911211649413.png (676 KB, 569x675)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>Morgana
>annoying as fuck mascot
>Gallica
>literally the best girl in the game
How did they do it?
>>
Holy shit Heismay really wants to genocide every paripus and no one can tell him anything
>>
>>498438243
You went inside morgana. You can't say that about gallica
>>
File: 1717729197677804.png (2.31 MB, 2094x1177)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (784 KB, 2560x1440)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
sex with my fairy wife
>>
>>498438582
NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
>>
File: homo.png (1.54 MB, 877x795)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>498403350
It's actually so fucking cool that they make you fight things from The Garden of Earthly Delights
>>
>>498438243
Heismay is also x100 better as an animal companion.
>>
>>498433843
>>>/pol/
Go and stay go subhuman
>>
kinda curious, i don't want to do the boss fight again but when you meet louis for the first time, what happens if you pick the other choices or don't help glodell? I can't imagine that the game will let you pick these options but I'm curious how the cutscenes play out
>>
>>498403350
>>498438632
That's a lot of homos.
>>
>>498439438
You will never be respected
>>
>>498438546
But she's so small!
>>
File: FOE.jpg (13 KB, 256x183)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
F O E! F O E! F O E!
>>
>>498439760
I don't know about other choices but choosing to leave Glodell causes the party to railroad you and say that they have to do it
>>
>>498438243
Her feet
>>
>>498439438
Based
>>
>>498433095
The almighty physical attack can crit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.