[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: snapshot4.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>What the heck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Age of Decadence, A Hat in Time, Axiom Verge, Baba Is You, Battle Brothers, Card City Nights 2, Cave Story, Civilization, CrossCode, Cultist Simulator, Darkest Dungeon, Darkwood, DashBored, Dead Cells, The Desolate Hope, Disco Elysium, Environmental Station Alpha, FTL, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Knytt, LISA, Lobotomy Corp, Loop Hero, Machinarium, Middens, Monolith, Monster Train, Noita, OFF, OneShot, Rimworld, Rain World, Slay the Spire, Starsector, Subnautica, Sunless Skies, Underrail, VA-11 HALL-A, Yume Nikki, etc., as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Pillars of Eternity, Rayman, and Valkyria Chronicles. /jrpg/ is welcome. Idle, roguelite, shmup, 4x / RTS / city-builders, and RPGMaker games are cool too.

Mobile or consoles, Flash or Unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads, however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
https://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
https://indiegame.booru.org/

>Steam Group
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Dead Thread (RIP) Pastebins:
https://pastebin.com/LcpyTzNP

Last thread : >>498939621
>>
>>499203516
Same than Hardspace Shipbreaker desu senpai.
Game is brilliant, but the way the story is told, it basically freezes the game while story happens, and it's one of the most disastrous way to do it.
>>
>>499242214
I just looked it up out of morbid curiosity, and it seem the publisher are contracting sweetbaby inc. It make too much sense, especially given how sudden the shift in tone was in shipbreaker: they basically got forced unto the dev by the publisher halfway into production, and they're the ones who derailed the story into that barely disguised political drivel.
>>
>>499244357
That fucking explains why the ending is so unsatisfying.
>LYNX CEO still working
>nothing actually changed, just back to square one
>>
>>499203516
TLD has audiologs? In the story mode, right?
>>
File: the long dark story mode.png (1.52 MB, 1888x593)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Good God it's still not done
>>
Factorio DLC is out and I'm going on a trip soon, so /indie/ is down one bumper, sorry
>>
>>499242187
Lolis with big butts are my only weakness.
>>
>>499259042
there aren't many indies for that feel
>>
>>499248284
they get funding from the canadian gov, they'll milk it as much as they can
>>
>>499260792
Huh, I thought they were running out of money because they started selling updates for the survival mode as DLCs

Either way why are the last parts of the story mode taking the longest? They have the everything set up--the game engine, the maps, the content--and years of experience with their dev tools and process.
>>
Didn't have as much time to try out Steam Next Fest demos as I typically do. But I lucked out with some good games.

Star Vaders 9/10. Very good deckbuilder combined with grid-based tactics. Lovely and colorful presentation and fun music.
Ys X Nordics = 8/10. The ship combat is that bad that I had to dock off 2 points. I don't know if this counts as an indie, but it was something that came out during the Steam Next Fest, so I'm including it in this list.
Kings of Hell = 8/10. Good 3D arena beat-em-up that feels like it came straight from the Dreamcast days. Just look at the trailers and everything about it screams Dreamcast. Points removed because the MKB controls are dogshit and because cutscenes are unskippable.
Garden of Witches = 8/10. Standard action rogue-lite done well. Don't really have anything bad to say about it (except I guess for lack of MKB rebinding), but it didn't really do anything special enough to justify anything higher than an 8.
Combat Complex = 7/10. Sci-fi twinstick horde shooter with Diablo loot. Shows solid promise for early access. Particle effects for some reason were low framerate. It has no music so far. Lots of stutters and micro-freezes. Very clearly early in development.
Cursebane = 7/10. Action rogue-lite where you play as a Vergil clone. Solid stuff. Nothing really bad to say about it except for the lack of music and your character by default feeling undertuned, and some minor balancing issues with difficulty.
Splintered = 7/10. Competent old-school Final Fantasy clone.
Mohrta = 7/10. Solid old-school FPS made using GZdoom. Didn't like how slow the character's movement felt. But the weapons felt really good to use.

1/2
>>
>>499263805
Spy Drops = 6/10. Game is literally Metal Gear Solid 1 with an anime female Solid Snake, but the gameplay just isn't as good. Also, AI voice acting.
Tower of Kalemonvo = 6/10. Retro early 2000s PC hack-and-slash like Diablo. Looks good and plays just like the games of that era play like. But it's not for me.
Metal Bringer = 6/10. Action roguelite musoushit with customizable mechs. Seems good if you're into musoushit. Not for me.
Spirit of the Samurai = 3/10. Janky and stiff as fuck. With an offputting artstyle. And shit animations that make parrying basic attacks a pain.
VA Proxy = 2/10. Shouldn't even have been released as a demo. It doesn't even have an options menu or a tutorial of any kind. I had to manually press every key on my keyboard to find out what was the confirm button. Artstyle looks nice though. Judging by what I learned about this game on social media, it's one of those games that is designed for ebin 10 second Tiktok clips of players parrying something absurd. Maybe the game is good. Maybe it isn't. I certainly can't tell from the demo. I couldn't even tell where I was supposed to go.
Lovish = 0/10. Got a message saying "Cannot load Joystick2.mfx", which I'm assuming means that the demo won't start without a controller plugged in. Fuck off with that shit. MKB or bust.

Thanks for reading my blog.

2/2
>>
>>499263936
thanks for trying 'monvo out anon!
>>
Fallen aces runs beautifully on steam deck after the latest update. Solid 60fps
>>
dead general
aaa games won
>>
>>
>>499263936
Tower is a dev from here game ain't it
>>
hehe
>>
生きたいと言えよ!
>>
oh yeah ACS is getting an update this month
i don't know why. maybe it's backporting shit from 2 while they work on it?
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/955900/view/4518890760255592506
>>
>here you can only equip two legendaries
>three if you spend a billion on our special ship
>FOUR if you grind out our stupid garbage MMO mode
Fuck OFF Everspace 2 jesus fucking christ
>>
>>499298869
Everspace 2 really dropped the ball by ditching the roguelite stuff from 1 in favor of being a more standard game. If I wanted to play Freelancer, I'd play Freelancer.
>>
>>499298869
Why are you still playing it if you hate it?
>>
>>499300896
that's the problem though, it isn't Freelancer. It's this weird mix of looter shooter MMO monotony mixed with the ubisoft "here's a location with x amount of the same activity to get y minor loot" bullshit. The trading sucks, there's no world interactivity, no factions, the combat kind of sucks. And then it's got a million balance things that keep pissing me off combined with an absolute dedication to making exciting moments as boring as fucking possible. it feels like they wanted to make a multiplayer game and couldn't figure it out.

>>499300945
Because i'm retarded and also waiting for underspace to update.
>>
When I'm in a fucking myself over competition and the enemy is myself.
>>
I've been playing Valfaris and Monster Sanctuary recently, both pretty good games. I figured the later would be boring due to being 3 members only, but the balance is quite tight and the ranking system is quite neat.
>>
Hey /indie/, /vg/ League 23 signups are opening soon. If you guys are still interested, reply to this post.
Please, it's how the organisers tell that the general is interested.

Basically, the VGL is an AI vs AI tournament between various /vg/ generals held on Pro Evolution Soccer using custom models.
Here's one of our matches: https://youtu.be/Gw3sswkULLc?t=508

This is our current roster.
https://implyingrigged.info/wiki//indie/
Any suggestions for new/renamed players? I'll do a roster poll eventually probably.

Player ideas so far:
Pixel Art Roguelite Deckbuilder Survival Crafting Sandbox
Your Personal Gaming Blog
Slog Simulator either that or UN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE S
Steamworld games player (pls help with a name)
Tactical Breach Wizards player (pls help with a name)
>>
Card games that aren't force designed around memesports can be so wonderfully fun broken.
>>
File: smoker.jpg (160 KB, 835x1024)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Does anyone know if it's possible to mod DayZ into a fun singleplayer woodland survival game?
I think my main concern is that Zombies just aren't a fun enough enemy to fight if that's all there is, but I'm just not a big fan of multiplayer games
>>
>>499311487
>Does anyone know if it's possible to mod DayZ into fun
it's not
>>
>>499311965
>>499311487
I feel blessed that the only survival game I've ever played is V Rising. I only got into it because I like the idea of playing as a vampire, and I didn't know it was possible to mod out all the unfun tedious survival-related crap by changing in-game server settings.
When I found out you could do that, I just immediately tweaked the game so that all the survival crap (particularly the restriction on using fast travel while carrying items, which is utterly retarded beyond fucking belief) was minimal and all that I was left with was an almost Monster Hunter-like action hunting experience, and a very good one at that.
I don't think I'll ever play any other survival game unless it has both a good combat system like V Rising and an in-game ability to remove the tedious shit like in that same game.
That said, if anyone has any recommendations for the genre that satisfies both of these requirements, I'm all ears.
>>
>>499306017
yeah
do better this time manager-san
>>
>>499311487
Try cataclysm bright nights for fun zombie survival.
>>
>>499270059
>pirate des carabines
LOL
>>
/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!
>>
>>499313849
Survival is too often an excuse to force the player to stop whatever he's doing to return to base.
>>
File: Kim_Kitsuragi.png (110 KB, 221x307)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
stay alive, /indie/
do it for him
>>
File: capsule_616x353.jpg (105 KB, 616x353)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Everyone by now has their favorite indie of 2024. But what has been your most disappointing indie you've played this year? For me, it's pic related. Waited years and years, only for it to be a middling experience with shallow combat and difficulty, and an excessively intrusive story that has the gall to have a shit, unfinished and anticlimactic ending.
>>
The only game I've ever seen do survival right was Empyrion Galactic Survival, but only if you start on a hard planet with no oxygen.

It had a good progression where your little survival meters go from stressful life-or-death situation to something you completely conquer. They don't stagnate into a constant hassle.

eg. You start with oxygen only in your suit, panicking and rushing to learn how to get simple low yield oxygen production started. You are constantly worrying about your oxygen and essentially tethered to a small radius around your oxygen generator (often a small body of liquid water) because you can't stray too far or your suit runs out of oxygen before you can get back.
... a few stages of progression later..
Eventually you have built a huge spaceship with pressurized interior, you don't spend as much time in non-oxygenated areas, your suit capacity is much better and can instantly refill it with a single click of any oxygen station aboard your ship or friendly places you visit. Oxygen is still a factor, but you have totally conquered it and keeping the meter up doesn't turn into a tedious micromanagement chore.

Food is similar, it goes from desperately hunter-gathering perishable food to fill tiny bits of the meter to having full hydroponic gardens and mass producing ration packs that last forever and fill the whole food meter.

And, should you somehow get separated from your resources (maybe you came to a planet with a small vessel that got shot down by enemy flak with your mothership left behind in orbit), your survival goes rather quickly back to square one...

Survival meters in bad games don't go through that kind of evolution. They start as meaningful but not a critical challenge (which they should be) and devolve into tedious chore to keep topped up. That's not fun. That's not even survival.
>>
>>499342080
Can do, soldier.
>>
Without me going in a general specifically for Factorio, anybody got a roughly spoiler free (preferably image) guide for a non-stupid way to properly do quality based stuff? I want to go full quality, but sorting all the different quality stuff is filtering me.
>>
>>499313849
The restriction on using fast travel while carrying items exists because it's a pvp game at its core.
But if you don't like the kind of tedium that makes survival games what they are you should probably look toward cosy building/management games.
Granted there's little point in that kind of tedium if you're alone on the map in V Rising, you're not really at any risk of dying on the way back home.
>>
Inscription gets worse the more you advance in the story. Man is act 3 lame and having to go back to randomly gathered deck after you got full deckbuilding control sucks ass and the atmosphere is rock bottom shit.
And worst is that the LE HAAAAAUUUNTED GAME A PERSON DIIIEEEED NOW WATCH THESE VHS TAPES narrative is putting itself more and more into the center.
I wish the game was just act 1 and build on that great style because now it feels like I am getting 3 shallow minigames instead of one great game.
>>
>>499365238
yeah pretty much, I refunded it when I got to act 2, if I knew it was going to be an ARG slop from the get go I would have never bother with it, but the first act was pretty good even though it lasted for about an hour.
>>
>>499365238
>I wish the game was just act 1 and build on that great style
They got the message and turned it into it's own expansion / mod / whatever you want to call it.
https://inscryption.fandom.com/wiki/Kaycee%27s_Mod
>>
>>499367179
>you have to beat the entire game to unlock it
nah I'm good.
>>
>>499367403
> On PC, it can be unlocked early by using the key combination "Shift + K + M".
>>
Someone here mentioned Project Tachyon not too long ago. I tried the demo and didn't like it. I like the anime artstyle but the guns felt like complete shit.
Every single weapon I came across felt like a weak pea shooter. The shotgun has a horrendously wide spread that makes it feel like you're tickling enemies. Whoever made this game doesn't know what a good shotgun feels like.
And how the fuck is it that we're in 2011+13 and people still don't know to design shooter HUDs so that you don't have to constantly look at different corners of your HUD to know how much ammo you have left? How do you not know to put that right next to, below or above a character model so that the player's eyes can stay focused on the enemies and the environment?
>>
File: portia.jpg (32 KB, 393x168)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
anyone got $7.5 Millions to spare?
>>
>>499367179
That just stretches act 1 into another endless roguelite. That's not the same as having actual progression with puzzles between runs.
>>
>>499371557
It wouldn't be indie without any presented solution being whined about.
>>
I'm planning to buy the last Arkane game I'm missing: Deathloop Redfall doesn't count since it's 80% off.
Any other games on sale I should buy?
>>
>>499242187
Hey spank-anon, are you playing Amarillo's butt slapper? What do you think of it?
>>
>groan when I see this
>next moment the game summons cards with names and avatar from friendslist
Good god this game is taking a nosedive harder each passing hour. But at this point I played too much to just drop it.
I need to finish this to really form my hatred for what this game becomes during a full playthrough.
>>
File: file.png (67 KB, 818x656)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>499376064
This looks like a parody of a game. Like Slappy Ass. I played free games that were more enjoyable and more fappable, like Night of the Spanking Dead, or Zekel's SMACS.
>>
Opinion on "My Time at Portia"?
>>
File: 1705814826759293.jpg (62 KB, 460x215)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Where's the update? I wanna play the Koishit deck.
>>
>>499377670
As bad as the Musk rat's economical sense.
>>
>>499377670
Definitely one of the games of all time that I haven't played yet.
>>
>>499377738
What game should I play instead?
>>
>>499248284
"Long" is in the name for a reason
>>
>>499378078
Depends from what kind of game you want.
>>
>>499378078
Something based and 4chanpilled
>>
>>499305689
Monster Sanctuary's skill trees scratch an autism itch very well. Literally everything has at least 2-3 uses or more if you get into tribes or status teams. Its insane
>>
>>499378224
A farming life sim game like stardew valley so I can pretend that my life is interesting and full of colorful people instead of bleak and lonely.
>>
>>499376329
I thought the last act was better than the second one at least
>>
>>499378547
Oh my god it is so spooky. I move my cursor to select no but it turns into yes!
Wooooooo~
I wonder if I am weird but I never got what is supposed to be so mindbreakingly spooky about 4th wall break and hard drive reading. Maybe because my first experience with it was Baten Kaitos where the 4th wall break is from the first minute and well integrated into the narrative. And my 2nd was One Shot where it also is just used as normal tool 20 minutes in.
>>
>>499311965
Shame
>>499318476
Thing is I don't really care for the Zombies or I'd go for something like Project Zomboid. I just want a survival game with a similar mood to DayZ, where i can camp out in the woods or in abandoned buildings.
The various stalker freeplay mods kinda scratched that itch, but with them my main issue was that it wasn't all one big map.
Road to Vostok or modded Stalker 2 might do the trick if they ever come out...maybe just get Tarkov and mod that to singleplayer but that's also not quite the same.
>>499313849
Not counting Minecraft Beta I think my first survival game was Subnautica. I enjoy managing resources and exploring a world, I just want that the world is interesting and I don't like how many of these games are online PvP extraction shooters or whatever.
>>
>>499377670
play My Time At Sandrock instead
>>
>>499342080
This faggot ruined the game for me. I got him shot and played with Cuno instead.
>>
And done. The ending sequence had 2 high points with the handshakes after 1 last match and the floppy disc taking so long to remove any data lol.
Most fun I had in the game was in act 2 once I got my bone deck rolling. When I was still in act 1 I seriously considerd buying it on the sale for 8 bucks but nah I'm good.
>>
>>499343953
From what was released this year, nothing, granted I played only 5 of those. They were all good and met my expectations or surpassed it. I was curious about Gestalt, but when I saw a video of a dev playing, I could sadly tell it was gonna be yet another forgettable 6 or 7 out of 10 metroidvania. That said I will likely play it at some point in the future.
>>
>>499371557
When I first saw Inscryption, I expected the "twist" to be we beat him and then the walls of the cabin fall away, revealing an even bigger cabin with more shit to do, a wider game board, etc.
>>
In DIE
>>
File: Discard.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
Really fun sts seed. Somehow I got all kinds of discard improving relics early on and just went with it. Was more of an experiment and didnt expect much so probably some weird card choices.
A certain someone would have fucked my ass though
>>
File: Picross.jpg (71 KB, 416x565)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Been playing a little bit of Picross here and there. Is there any Waldo-like on steam that is free just like Picross?
>>
>>499378547
I don't suppose any of these files are real?
>>
>>499432010
They're all real
>>
>>499379492
>Game that is literally on the hard drive asking permission to access the hard drive its on

Nigga what? Like I understand its meant to be spooky, but that is just silly. I mean if the damned game didnt have access to the hard drive, you wouldnt be able to play it in the first place. Would be kinda hilarious if taking no close the game.
>>
>>499422924
Have you plaed any of the story nonogram games yet?
>waldo-like
I guess those 100 cats in country/city games and such count.
>>
>>499436775
It was a fakeout anyway because the PC was just the PC of the 4th wall player character from the VHS files.
>>
>>499436775
Read access and write access are usually separate permissions, with the former rarely restricted.
>>
>>499438268
>Have you plaed any of the story nonogram games yet?
Not really, Picross was my introduction to this type pf puzzle. Tbh I'm kinda bored of it already, it became too formulaic.
And yeah, those count. I ended up trying the '100 frogs' but I guess being a child is required for those, as I remember Waldo being quite fun but this was just whatever. Guess I'll go look around for some water pipe puzzle games.
>>
File: primordialis_biter.png (13 KB, 125x148)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
my chomper
play primordialis
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWLw-YJay8M
Itchio top 20 for september.
>>
>>499441420
How about some Hidden Folks and Hidden Through Time?
>>
File: Liquid Measure.jpg (94 KB, 530x606)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>499445875
HTT looks neat and is on discount, and honestly I feel like colored pictures are more enjoyable than B&W. I'll give it a try. Meanwhile having fun with this blast from the past.
>>
>>499438838
Literally no file system has access permissions that simple, not even ones predating ACLs. rwx is the minimum
>>
>>499436775
>Would be kinda hilarious if taking no close the game.
everhood does this in the opening
golden sun 1 kind of did too where at one point you can just tell the main quest to fuck off and the game ends
>>
>>499436775
The touchscreen phone revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Retards literally cannot think. This is all they know. "oh its asking me thats good im in control"
They cannot even distinguish between your OS informing you that a software needs permission versus a software popping up an obvious fake prompt when it already inherited that permission from the user, and even if it didn't, could just run cacls to give itself the permission.

Anyways, games like oneshot and inscryption are borderline malware. Absolutely disgusting that some indie devs peddle that kind of filth for their bullshit snowflake mechanics. It's even more offensive than malware anti-cheats, because those at least serve a greater purpose instead of just being dumb shit that some utterly moronic dev thought would be cool.
>>
Don't go!
>>
File: file.png (619 KB, 940x488)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
Can someone review Moonlighter? Is its gameplay engaging, fast or slow paced?
>>
>run all games with admin perms just in case
>one of them asks for file permissions after playing for a few hours
>get spooked
thats just windows users for you
>>
>>499446727
You can select some nice variants of greyshades because yeah many people said pure white&black is hard on the eyes. Hidden Through Times is noticable easier and smaller. Hidden Folks goes really hard and finnicky in later maps but you don't need to 100% find everything to advance.
>>
>>499478961
Do not insult my Niko in this holy place.
>>
File: 1710139473379597.png (276 KB, 740x425)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>499242187
>>499259042
What are some of the best AHiT mods? And how about lewd mods, if any good ones exist?
>>
>>499376329
>>499378547
>>499379492
Inscryption would have been so much better if it just dropped the garbage ARG meta gaming shit and instead was just entirely about act 1. Basically just slay the spire but with a spooky horror theme.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLtBnTjdvk&t
November 5th 2024. No news on Steam, so no wonder no one reacted here.
>>
>>499497459
Ooops, actually there is, I just missed it.
>>
>>499489847
>old
I just remember the shop part being extremely superficial, and the zelda-ing not being fast pace gameplay but I did find the audiovisuals satisfying
>>
>>499497845
How superficial is it? Better than Supergiant games? Because I hate Supergiant games, people only praise them for audio/visuals/music.
>>
File: 2EA9KWF.jpg (84 KB, 1300x956)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>499498030
Just try the fucking game
>>
>>499498030
>it's popular so i hate it!!!
>that makes me so original and cool111
>>
>>499477069
There's that famous Far Cry thing where you can wait for 10 minutes at the start of the game to complete it. I heard Thank Goodness Your Here does that too.

>>499501557
>people only praise them for [things that help make a video game good]

>>499306017
Late +1
>>
File: file.png (619 KB, 823x620)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
>Decide to play through Teardown again on a whim after several months
>New menu option: Character
>What in the god damn
Turns out they added this less than a fortnight before I started playing again, trippy as hell to see yourself when driving around but it's actually pretty cool. They have unique unlock requirements too, not connected to previous achievements (though most are fairly simple)
>>
>>499478961
The average human has always been retarded. Read any ancient persons writing and see how they talk about the serfs, plebs, or masses. Then realize everyone with wealth and power now still feels the same way.
>>
>>499508809
Oh wow, rich people are arrogant, who would've thoughted????????
>>
Wow ur so smart
>>
>>499503057
last I heard there were drama about that game ever since the indie dev got brought by some corpos whose first action was to add dlc that were shittier than mods already present on the workshop.

>>499510969
It isnt really about material richness, but elitistic beliefs that act as if having bountiful material assets made you inherently better than other less fortunate plebs. Its entirely possible to be rich and not be a complete shithead about it, alas the reality is that its very easy to fall down the slipery slope due to social and cultural isolation due to echochamber due to your only social contact being individuals of similar financial standing. And the greater the gap, the more isolated both sides become.
>>
>>499513054
>Its entirely possible to be rich and not be a complete shithead about it
Citation needed.
>>
>>499489847
It's just a shitty Recettear; I couldn't even finish it.
>>
>>499516565
NTA albeit what's Recettear?
>>
Go the fuck back. This is a no-spoonfeeding zone.
>>
File: Disappointment.png (876 KB, 791x745)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>>499513054
Yeah, honestly this is the first objectively good thing that I'm aware they've added. The only free expansion was the first (added by the original devs before they sold it off) and the rest aren't really worth the money.
It's nice to know that at least one person working there isn't an idiot, I suppose.
>>
>>499513054
>indie dev got brought by some corpos whose first action was to add dlc that were shittier than mods already present on the workshop
[worry for Tlatoani]
>>
>>499269097
And because it is such a broad topic general it's death basically kills discussion for specific games. Shit sucks man. Forcing all indie games into one general was a mistake.
>>
>>499519987
>Forcing
Nobody forced any smaller general into us.
People chose to let it be absorbed instead of fighting to keep it kicking.
>>
>>499516997
>[worry for Tlatoani]
It will have 15 DLCs and you will like it.
>>
>>499519987
And there would be non-killed discussion of these games where else, exactly?
>>
>>499520651
Likely because i'm a sucker for Aztecs, but still
>>
File: file.png (40 KB, 868x203)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
aaaaaaAAAAAAA
>>
>>499519987
That nobody wants to discuss your shop dump does not mean nobody wants to discuss good games.
>>
File: recettear.png (965 KB, 800x600)
965 KB
965 KB PNG
>>499516679
Shop keeping simulator with a cute loli from 2010. Has some dungeon crawling if you want additional story beats and free loot to sell, but you could potentially beat the game without ever doing dungeons.
>>
File: recettear nutshell.png (1.9 MB, 1080x2068)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>499523326
>>499516679
>>
>>499523326
>>499523498
Looks very anime. Is it lewd, even remotely? I can't play that kind of game because the artstyle is exactly what I love.
>>
>>499523797
Nope!
>>
File: 20240928183158_1.jpg (167 KB, 1024x768)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>499523797
Nothing lewd at all. Just one joke of a drunk friend wanting to take Recette home, but nothing beyond that.
>>
>>499523951
>>499524186
Already sounds better than Atelier, then.
>>
>Check oldschool rs thread to see if it has gotten better since I've left
>They're literally just talking about cp, permaban evasion and posting pictures of (irl) children
When I thought they wouldn't get any worse, they somehow managed to go a step further.
>>
File: 20241023194804_1.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
So I guess the kuulokivi doesn't interact with the music boxes? At least there was no message that it's doing anything.
>>
>>499531047
Can't get any worse... right?
>>
File: Eek_playing.gif (613 KB, 236x320)
613 KB
613 KB GIF
>>499531047
Oh, so that's why I was told to fuck off when I started posting OSRS stuff in the Runescape General, they have their own.
>>
>>499533539
Yes, runescape general is the runescape 3 thread and osg is the "trannies who raid random threads" thread. They're the reason why we got the new antispam system.
>>499533295
They search the archive for any thread that mention them so they can spam and flood them with scat and pictures of children. They do this across boards too.
They will likely raid us thanks to this little conversation you guys started.
>>
>>499534638
Still not as bad as /gsg/.
>>
>>499534761
The problem with them is that even when they get autosage, they just raid a different general and turn it into a new osg.
>>
>>499535586
So like /gsg/, who's trying to invade /civ4xg/ by spamming bumps.
>>
>>499542040
Yes, with cp, trannies and scat.
>>
>>499543018
Well I'm a masochistic crossdresser, so I don't even know if I can join you in looking down on them.
>>
File: blooom.jpg (1.14 MB, 1906x892)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Anyway, shootout at amusement park.
>>
File: groids.jpg (66 KB, 460x215)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>499242187
How are we feeling about the new game from the guys who made Mibibli's Quest?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2815500/Stardust_Demon/
>>
>>499544836
I hope you get range banned.
>>
>>499531062
They interact with the keys, just leave it beside the playing whatever its suppose to be and it will eventually shimmer or something. Havent played in a while.
>>
File: carolcatloop.gif (85 KB, 312x212)
85 KB
85 KB GIF
>>499552469
Those aren't permament, you know.
And can be just as easily evaded as basic bitch bans, without VPNs.
>>
>>499554532
retard
>>
>>499443138
looks nice, i'll wait till it's out
>>
huh i don't remember indie being this slow
>>
>>499569438
Dunno about the other regulars, but I'm stuck playing factorio and also will be out of the country for a week. So I barely post here at the moment
>>
>>499571585
But I'll still wish you lads a good night on page 10
>>
File: 1727491300083309.png (116 KB, 879x1000)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>The struggle, the cycles. It can all fade away like the morning mist beneath the glory of the sun. We found a way
>>
File: 1709248710834203.webm (2.94 MB, 1920x1080)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>499598918
heres hoping to silksong niggers never ever getting their game after it being bought out and held hostage by nintondo
>>
>>499599104
>racism outside of /gsg/
Go back to your oven.
>>
>>499598918
The fuck is with that image
Was vvvvvposting ever a thing on /indie/?
We have our roots in RPGs, not platformers.
>>
File: VSode.jpg (242 KB, 1280x720)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
You excited?
>>
dead
>>
the diktat is dead, long live the diktat
>>
>>499478961
>games which utilize computer as gamespace are disgusting because (????)
didn't know that there's an anon who knows exact limits for art, that's pretty cool
>>
>>499634874
I'll just say that limiting people to what they can express is unfathomably stupid. Art is a language of expression, and restricting art is akin to restricting words, and if creator has a capacity to bypass the limitations of the medium they're creating in, then this is good.
I am not advocating for particular games, as they are, inheritly to art, are subjective. The quality of execution can have a general public reception, but to argue about what people are allowed to create is to argue about what are people are allowed to publicly express, which is if you live in a first world country - stupid.
>>
>>499634874
>old man yells at future, news at 11
>>
>>499634874
It's almost like printing a part of a book in a different font to convey an atmosphere. The typesetting isn't supposed to be part of the text! That's heresy!
>>
replayed watch dogs for the nostalgia and decided to try watch dogs 2. it is pure cringe.
>>
>>499497459
How was the demo? I remember the devs posting the demo some months back, but I was busy at the time with a big work project and didn't have the time to try it out.
>>
>>499598918
who's the cat and the spurdo farmer
>>
File: Spoiler Image (127 KB, 1024x475)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>499609776
>Was vvvvvposting ever a thing on /indie/?
yes
>We have our roots in RPGs, not platformers.
As soon as we moved out of LISA+OFF+undertale into /indie/ we more or less became the pixelshit general (featuring rimworld from the dwarf fortress clones series).

matter of fact, it's missing a certain advocate of pixelated spherical objects
>>
>>499629148
WHERE'S THE UPDATE FUCKLEX
>>
Finished rogue legacy, first time.
dislike:
>grindy with little variety
>bad extremely specific challenge rooms(triple jump or chakram required)
>classes straight up unfit for bosses so you just have to farm/die because you can't pick a normal one
>controller binds on pc
>no input queue, bothersome in combat and platforming

>fun turn-brain-off automatic game

overall well designed and enjoyable. I'm sure the sequel improved a lot on it but I'm hesitant to start a 60? hour game for now.
>>499649705
nta, fun and high quality. some bugs, back in june.
>>
File: 1724830147946316.jpg (504 KB, 827x1429)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
I hated Rogue Legacy.
>>
File: Bandit Knight Playtest.webm (3.98 MB, 1280x720)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB WEBM
since there is no kinda indie thread on /v/, I have come to inform anons of BANDIT KNIGHT having a limited demo
maybe they didn't make it to Next Fest or something
Hard could be harder and TLs seem strange
>>
>>499242187
Why isn't there an Outer Wilds like already? I wanna fly around in a ship with realish physics in another miniature solar system asap
>>
>>499667086
KSP?
>>
>>499667302
I'm not autistic either
>>
File: media_F1cMn2zX0AEd8LS.jpg (583 KB, 1805x1831)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>499668531
Just play the outer wilds then.
>>
>>499662262
I nearly nutted seeing the loot rain down like that.
That's how loot should come down in MMO raids after clearing a boss. In flashy splashes that make your eyes goggle out at all the shit.
>>
>>499667086
I am sorry anon, but all the games with 3d space exploration elements are either bullshit grindfests (nms, elite) or hyperautism simulators (ksp,chode).
Your first few starsector runs will be pretty fresh on that side though, if you don't think about the metagame and the exploits of why you are exploring stuff in the first place - it has some great moments.
>>
>>499667086
Have you played children of a dead earth?
>>
>>499668531
Well, your other options are even more autistic than KSP.
>>
>>499671736
>>499672218
Chode looks really really cool but not fun form me. I don't wanna larp as a nasa engineer and play around with sliders, i wanna be a chad astronaut piloting the spaceship. Imo Outer wilds found the perfect balance between arcade and simulation with the reduced scale and the forgiving collisions
>>
File: file.png (242 KB, 696x721)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
wow this game is very fun
starcom unknown space
>>
File: file.png (765 KB, 1147x687)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>499682776
fuggg
>>
File: zlg2ip9ogc861.png (260 KB, 619x510)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>499609776
>>499650583
You guys put in more thought in a shitpost drawing than I did when I drew it
VVVVVVVVV guy is just there because after I blanked out from the recognizable characters I know this place talks about a lot I went back a few threads and one had him as OP image
>>499650285
>cat
Main character from Nine Sols
>spurdo farmer
Stand-in for self insert farming games like Stardew
>>
>>499687015
That'll buff right out
>>
>>499670354
... is that pic from something in game
>>
Fuck I wish this was an easier way to travel
Game 2 huge
>>
>>499701415
...don't say anything. I recognize that UI. I know the game. Let me remember.
>>
File: work smarter.jpg (11 KB, 239x187)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>499701928
>Let me remember.
>>
>>499701415
Underspace, right? Either Underspace, or Rebel Galaxy.
>>
>>499703421
Underspace, yeah. Just had an update so going back to it from Everspace 2.
>>
>>499704065
Have fun. I'm still pissed that progressing the campaign locked me out of trading/exploring.
>>
>>499714171
It warns you before that happens though
>>
>>499715915
I didn't expect it to last so long. I figured it'd be like Freelancer, you just move to another sector.
>>
>>499306017
Late but yeah go get em. Add the Blog player, that's been /indie/'s purpose for years
>>
>>499716016
Freelancer locks you out of trading/exploring too though, at least after you leave japan
>>
>>499717664
That's near the end tho senpai.
>>
>>499718489
I was like four hours after getting the entire galaxy angry at me to completing the main quest
>>
Can I confess? I never did a second lap in Pizza Tower.
>>
>>499714171
I liked that, kind of feels weird to do something in a game and the world doesn't react.
>>
>>499687015
Badass
>>
I just got a Noita seed with Draught of Midas components Water, Snow, and Chilly Water. The cold biome might as well be called the gold biome.
>>
>>499734949
After gathering a few 10k gold I completely melted the Hiisi base then decided to backtrack upstairs to look for more hearts and got 1 shotted by an Ukko gg
>>
>>499739591
F
>>
>>499739591
rip
>>
>Download rogue trader
>think it's some sort of 40k XCom because I've only seen combat clips and screenshots
>it's a fucking CRP
FUCK. I just want a good new Xcom.
>>
>>499670354
cute!
>>
>>499754030
Play X-Piratez
>>
>>499754030
CRP?
Try Massive Chalice, I dunno.
>>
Any of you know any games like uplink/hacknet/quadrilateral cowboy that can satisfy my "you manly interact trough terminal to progress" autism?
>>
>>499761487
Fallout 3?
>>
>>499761487
Duskers and Deadeye Deepfake Simulacrum come to mind. I guess Exapunk in a way also playing screen cuck in lethal company
>>
Hey divegrass anon.
The /egg/ manager already asked for interest and I would want to vote for /indie/ aswell, but I'm leaving on a one week trip and probably won't be able to reply to your post, so please just count my vote in
Kind regards
anon
>>
>>499761487
I remember one, Experience 112 or something? Never finished it.
>>
File: xpiratez-9.png (942 KB, 632x1080)
942 KB
942 KB PNG
>>499755376
This
>>
>>499772247
Fake image, she's not muscular enough to be yber gal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.