[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ringed Earthlike World.png (2.55 MB, 1500x1463)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
Thread for the MMO space sim Elite Dangerous.
Update 17 is just around the corner which will add more content to the ongoing thargoid war. Is this ramping up to be the final phase or is the war just beginning? Also 'key feature rework' in 2024?
>>
Jesus christ its still doing the whole fake and gay thargoid war?

Also
>elite dangerous
>MMO
Live service sure, but not MMO, solo play faggots influening multiplayer is also fake and gay
>>
The AX reactivation missions are actually pretty easy, you can just sneak around revenants with ease. Its the interceptor that follows you that's the problem
>>
>>1064147
on foot thargoids when?
>>
>>1065066
I hope they actually do this, it would be an actual reason to grind out G5 equipment
>>
File: IMG_0023.png (49 KB, 800x233)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>1064147
>forgot I hired an npc crew member a couple months ago
>found out I paid this guy almost a billion cr for doing nothing
>>
File: image.png (1.32 MB, 1920x1080)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
So why all the doomposting that game is dead? To me seems as "dead" as it always have been?
>>
>>1065788
Easiest money of his life, can go and retire on a core world now.
>>
File: 70y40udz12571.png (1021 KB, 1920x1080)
1021 KB
1021 KB PNG
>>1065066
there are references to a "thargoid soldier" on the game files o there were planed.
were
but given how short of staff ftroop is right now i really doubt we'll ever see something like pic related.

people now thinks we'll just have goidified humans, a lazy enemy reskin with some green bits and caustic guns. but i guess i'll take that over nothing. I want an excuse to do on foot combat zones.
>>
>>1066599
>clips thru ur walls
>model spaghettis out
>insta-gibs u
nothin personnell
>>
>>1065822
the player count goes up around major updates and then peters off but it def doesn't have as much players as a few years ago
>>
>>1066850
Yeah but... I mean, game is same as it has been? And now suddenly its dead?
>>
>>1066883
There is only so many times you can resell shooting space starfish before it gets old.

Space Legs have also turned out to be fucking boring too by this uninspired company, they have the ultimate sandbox in their hands and they squander it on tech demo simulation grind shit when all they need to do is put more control of the game in the players hands to make their own fun.
>>
>>1066883
it's the same as always, people doom and gloom the game is dead, but it's still the only thing that scratches that itch so they redownload it after every patch, unless you're playing with friends or griefing you're unlikely to happen upon another player anyway unless CGing/engineering, even if there was million active players, maybe if the reworked mechanic is really PP to close off solo game could reactivate, but doubt, the forumdads would throw a tantrum, but if they really are abandoning it it would make sense to fix that error and give us a game with real community level pvp, don't count on it, on-foot thargoids to make fps combat zones interesting is all I'm hoping right now as braben doesn't have the balls for PP rework/fix sadly
>>
File: 16.10.2023_19.57.02_REC.png (3.25 MB, 2007x1115)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
these things are fuckin huge
>>
>>1067712
Electrocute the testicles for prizes.
>>
>>1067712
But do they do anything
>>
>Constantly fight your playerbase at every turn
>remove the in game newspaper and universe events that were actually interesting to keep track of.
>constantly nerf every and all means to make a viable amount of credits that didnt require you to be a space dad.
>allow single player faggots to affect the markets because they all fly whale boats and cant pvp for shit.
> gee I wonder why nobody plays this.

ED has so much promise...shame.
>>
>>1068210
I want to fly fast small ships but they're just so fucking worthless outside of PVP griefing. Half of the ships in this game are fucking useless because of the space dad brainrot
>>
>>1068210
I still dig out my hotas (and sometimes even oculus) every couple months and spend good few hours in it, nothing comes close, sc never, starfield kek, it is what it is, until ED2 it will have to do
>>
>>1068219
>ED2
Do we know if that is even been worked on?
>>
>>1068231
sadly no, with how secretive fdev is who knows if it's even in a concept stage, but as long as braben is alive there will be elite
>>
>>1068210
There's multiple ways to make credits easy now, and the market depends more on BGS stuff than single player traders (who DO affect BGS, and it's annoying, just not on such a short time frame)
>>
>>1068219
Why not SC?
>>
File: roll.png (2.06 MB, 1427x1057)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>>1064147
>>
>>1068277
it's never coming out and the buggy mess it is in right now has 0 content, deliver a box (if you don't hit any bugs), yay, also flight model is shit with huge ships turning on a dime
>>
>>1068281
star citizen is such a disappointment for me. I remember at first in 2012 they planned on making it a mission based flight sim like Wing Commander and Freespace, but if I remember right, as soon as they reached the 2 million crowd funding goal on their own website, people kept donating money. Then they started promising more stuff and even opening a kickstarter for even more money, and when they announced they were gonna make it an mmo, I thought, "this shit is never coming out"
>>
So I landed at a spire, shot some stuff, collected mats with no use, zapped the nerve clusters and got some hybrid refining thingy with no use.
Is that it?
>>
>>1068329
Yeah they split the game into two, the single player stuff is now Squadron 42 but it doesn't look like that is coming out anytime soon. I swear that by the time it does come out at least one of the big celebrities they got to star in it is gonna be dead.
>>
>>1068339
Trust the plan
>>
File: patient zero.jpg (602 KB, 1920x1080)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>1068339
>>1069221
For the time being there's big money to be made by ganking the Orthruses that jump in to the spire instance because they don't activate any of their attacks. This means you can load up 5x salvation shards and just mow them down. They won't call scouts, anti-guardian field or shutdown pulse. The only threat they pose is the caustic from their trailing fart cloud. It takes less than a minute to pop an Orthrus for 40mil.
The ones that emerge from the spires on the ground and fly away DO activate their defenses when alerted though so don't aggro those.
>>
>>1069450
If you have a wing, or hell multple wings, nevermind the guardian tech and just go there with human AX gear. Fuck the AG fields, fuck the scouts, fuck the banshees, it doesn't matter just murk everything. There's a neverending supply of orthrus and everyone gets 40mil every time as long as they tag it at least once within 10sec of it dying.
>>
File: spectre.png (628 KB, 1169x600)
628 KB
628 KB PNG
>>
File: IMG_0025.png (472 KB, 600x972)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
She’s totally a lesbian, right?
>>
File: 1697928404636.png (2.07 MB, 1915x1080)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
Necrobump with conda
>>
>>1072200
Too busy exploiting the spire sites to post.
>>
>>1072369
>exploiting the spire sites
qrd?
>>
>>1072369
All cool, meanwhile I decided try the AX and realised I need gorillion guardian mats to grind out... Zz..
>>
>Missions to restore power to settlements in Thargoid-controlled systems now have more varied text to help better distinguish the different variants.
huh? did one out of curiosity, what variants are there?
>>
>>1072374
Literally right here: >>1069450 >>1069455

>>1072468
A lot of it renders the guardian shit irrelevant because it just melts. You can do a lot with just enhanced human AX gear.
>>
>>1066958
In my opinion, they should have made space legs a F2P version of the game with certain leg based features locked behind a semi cheap "buy" version of the expansion. When I say F2P, I also mean you don't need the base game either. If you create an account, you're limited to FPS combat, taking rids from commanders who own the main game (or joining their grew to help with ground combat if you like). Or the NPC taxis. There's no singleplayer with the odyseey version unless you buy the "purchase version" of Odyssey or own the main game. first person hubs/markets are always online. No matter if you're in singleplayer or not. Force players to see other players walking around. Throw in some lite shitty mini games to play at the tavern.

This f2p playerbase would've spent probably the same amount they would have if they bought the game over a year to date via microtransactions. These f2p players would help fund/subsidize the rest of the game.They would also be separate enough from the main game that the veterans wouldn't really have to notice/deal with them much. Overall would've changed little with the game.

Along with this, ship interiors should have been a thing. NPC crews with lite dialogue and and pathing around your ship should have been at thing. They didn't think it was important, but Starfield and Star Citizen how much heavy lifting this kind of stuff does.

From there, they can then expand the foot stuff and space stuff with more reliable revenue from F2P players.
>>
>>1072701
Didn't Eve try that shit and it failed massively?
>>
>>1072732
>Didn't EVE try that
Yes, but the reason why it failed was because they made it a PS3 exclusive at the end of that generation's lifecycle, outsourcing the development to a bunch of talentless chinks who just made a battlefield clone.
>>
>>1072732
Pretty much what >>1073489 said. I remember when they released that and people were so confused. Why would they make it a ps3 exclusive of all things. My battlefield group were really excited for the game until they saw it was ps3 only. Really weird choice.

I never played it myself cause I only played PC. But also I remember people complaining about the game's progression system and load out system? I think if you died, you lost your loadout. So you had to rebuy everything. You could also buy this stuff with real money. The other thing was that they had a similar skill point system to EVE. Where you accrued some kind of points over time + playing matches. And those were used to get better gear. So those who had spent a lot more time in the game would have a large advantage if you fought them in game. If there's one audience that absolutely hates and does not meld with the above game designs, it would be FPS players.

They also had typical issues at launch. Graphics were rough, lots of bugs, issues, etc. Poor marketing. Eventually they got fixed. But the damage was done.

In short it was a buggy mess in a genre where they designed it to not appeal to the people who played said genre. On an exclusive console near the end of its life.
>>
>>1069450
No joke I'm making over 1bil/hr in a team.
>>
>>1075228
post your loadout, I remember starting on AX grind and giving up after a permit or two to get ax multicannons (and getting blown up during random interdiction), bil/h sounds worth digging out my hotas
>>
File: BEEFtain.png (3 MB, 1920x1080)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>1075245
https://edsy.org/s/vsDhrYL
If you're running with a squad or find a good populated instance in Open you don't need much. Just enough utils/firepower to be useful and enough survivability to not fucking die.
The cytos are just because I had them and they delete the Orthrus shield in seconds.
Orthrus are also sitting ducks so the shot speed and marginal +dmg on the enhanced MCs aren't critical.
Ship type isn't that important either as long as you can fit the AX gear you're comfortable with and it's fast enough to not get stunlocked by banshee missiles.
>>
Currently fitting out an Artemis loadout for gathering spire mats but not sure what to use in the 4th slot. So far I have increased battery capacity, reduced tool consumption and jump assist. Not sure if the 4th slot should be night vision (probably not, there's a fair bit of light given off by the spires themselves even at night), increased ammo capacity (for dealing with revs), or increased sprint duration (for running away from revs).
Primary is an L-6 with mag size, greater range, reload speed and scope
Sidearm is a Zenith with mag size greater range, stability and scope
Also not sure which SRV to use on the ground. There's nothing at ground level you need a Scarab's jump to reach, but it could be handy to jump over spire "roots" without driving around them and maybe getting spotted. On the other hand the Scorpion can actually take a Banshee.
There are sort of alcoves at the feet of the spires you can stash your SRV where it'll stay hidden so you can use it as a base of operations while on foot.
>>
File: hybrid refinery capsule.jpg (119 KB, 1172x725)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1076023
Is it just me or does the middle of this thing look about the same shape as those pods they keep live humans in?
>>
File: thargoid people pod.jpg (41 KB, 489x497)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1076035
>>
>>1076023
Increased ammo would be more useful than extra sprint imo. Could also get extra backpack capacity (to save trips to the ship/srv)
>>
>>1076037
They're either making onions green or zombies.
>>
>>1076077
why make onions green, just buy green onions, cheaper than yellow + paint
>>
File: 1617770121088.gif (475 KB, 450x282)
475 KB
475 KB GIF
I wish there were more ships in Elite Dangerous. I feel like all of them are just variations of triangles

One thing I'll give Scam Citizen, is that their ship designs look rad
>>
>>1076892
Two words: Imperial Clipper
>>
has anyone ever discovered a new station for the first time and if so, do you get some form of cudos for your work?
never saw a station with: first discovered by
>>
File: Signals.png (398 KB, 1153x239)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
Has anyone followed up on this? I would check it out but i'm out in Colonia.
Also interesting that Fdev's last livestream had the hidden phrase "Don't listen to the signal"
>>
>>1077304
No, stations don't get marked as 'discovered' by players, however Jaques station was considered lost in space until it was discovered by a player, so i guess its possible to find one in rare circumstances
>>
File: 1698329702841.png (684 KB, 1210x361)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
>>1077308
I did, as much as anyone, I guess. In shamash there is 10 total text logs describing how some kind of mysterious self-broadcasting signal has been driving people murderhobo insane. On audio there is bunch of creepy satanic noises, screams and gunshots and one of them has words picrel hidden in spectrogram. Thats about it. Station itself that been affected is in docking lockdown, concourse window looks business as usual though lol. One of text messages is bunch of letters, that compliment one of logs from generation ship theta, that seem to be hit by same kind of mysterious signal, xombined message seem to read "kill them all" or some such.Not sure if anything else was found yet. Also I may be wrong somewhere here. But event should develop further
>>
>>1076892
>triangles
That's just Faulcon Delacy and the FDL from ZP.
>>
>>1076911
Cool, a triangle with some bits cut out!
>>
>>1078259
did you know that if you cut some bits out of a large enough pyramid you can get literally any three dimensional shape
>>
Just got rank 5 in powerplay with LYR and the 200% exploration bonus is not taking effect..
anyone else having this issue after the recent update?
>>
>no ground combat zone against a bunch of crazies with pipe wrenches and small arms
hopes deleted
>>
>>1079089
From the forum: "The 200% bonus is in effect as soon as you are Rating 5. However, there is no visible clue when selling data that you received your bonus. E.g. you sell 10k worth of exploration data in a LYR system, then it shows as "10k received," even though your credit balance is increased by 30k."

Not sure if accurate, haven't done any powerplay
>>
>>1079927
just confirmed this is accurate
thanks for the help anon, what forum were you looking at?
>>
>>1080038
the official frontier forum
>>
>>1064147
just picked this up, pretty fun
>>
Exceedingly bad game, and they STILL haven't fixed VR support in Odyssey.
This thread should not exist.
>>
>>1076077
My guess is they're going to introduce humanoid looking thargoids, which will be explained away as "hybrids", because Elite is "hard science fiction" (actually isn't), and they can't just have naturally occurring humanoids.
>>
>>1087504
Didn't they abandon VR for Odyssey, so there's not really anything to fix?
>>
>>1087504
Still best space game out there lmfao
>>
I keep thinking about reinstalling this game, but the only thing I actually enjoy doing is exploration and fdev is currently obsessed with the gay thargoid shit.
>>
I want to know how many of you have fleet carriers and what you use them for. And is the upkeep a pain in the ass for you?
>>
>>1089472
Dont have it but too lazy to grind 5B+, otherwise would have it, upkeep is usually never an issue since its merely a couple of dozens of millions per week, which can be made in an hour.
>>
>tfw reinstalling
I hope I don't regret wasting the storage space.
>>
>>1089472
Yeah, I use it for storing all my ships, having a convenient landing pad for BGS work, sometimes fucking off into deep space so I can explore with my more nimble but shorter range courier than my aspx
Also store a bunch of materials as needed
Nice having all my modules and ships move where I need them, mostly just convenience though
>>
>>1090267
You actually bother with bgs? It's like a job with how much work you have to put in to change anything even a sliver.
>>
>>1090267
What's the fuel consumption like? I've been thinking of saving up for an exploration carrier, but I don't know if it's worth the nightmare of mining/ferrying fuel.
>>
>>1076709
>anon doesn't understand the sinister aesthetics of a dystopian future
ngmi
>>1087673
how do we still not have a playable space game after bajillions of dollars and years of devtime
Is space itself cursed? Is it the Elder Gods that do not want us to look upon them?
>>
>>1091028
Yes, I am autistic and hate Germans
We have successfully removed the Germans from the premises after 3 years

>>1092405
Not horrible, a full tank gets you a few thousand LY and you can restock from the cargo hold of the carrier itself. If you have stupid cash to burn like I do just set a lucrative buy price and people will ferry it for you, but unless you're jumping a ton it's not too hard to manage. I did calculation once on getting out to azura (great annihilator) and I think I still had a good amount of space left over for actual cargo
>>
>>1092405
As long as you buy as much trit as you need beforehand you're good. But you REALLY don't want to be in a situation where you run out of trit in the middle of nowhere, unless you really love mining for hours and hours
>>
File: Screenshot_50.jpg (63 KB, 685x437)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>1092416
>how do we still not have a playable space game after bajillions of dollars and years of devtime
X4
>>
>>1094734
X4 is decent, but suffers from terrible AI and clunky commands.
>>
Hooray, just hit my first Elite rank. In exploration, of course.
>>
Haven’t played since Odyssey dropped and I want to have another go at it
No clue what balance changes have been made, so I’m asking what weapons should I install on my Imperial Eagle to complement the centerline Imperial Hammer?
>>
>>1098006
I'd say nothing, but if you have imp hammers available and still want to use an imp eagle for combat I cannot oppose that sort of power

Fixed beams, efficient, oversized, try to stick on their asses and melt shields so you can module snipe with the hammer because you're not doing shit to hulls with two smalls and a railgun
>>
File: 1590021936063.jpg (87 KB, 1200x675)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Does /EDG/ have a home station you guys base out of just so you can socially hang out? Do you guys have a EDG clan / wing or has the general made a faction? I think it would be fun, it always seems like I never really see people in this game. I uninstalled it 2 years ago before the thargoid thing but would reinstall if there was a pilots lounge or wing of people.
>>
>>1098394
I like small ships, they’re less powerful but more fun to fly. I like to see how much you can squeeze out of them.
I used to fly a courier a good bit, but the imperial eagle is faster and more agile, so I’ll install some beams take it for another spin
>>
>>1098462
I have done nothing but play solo, in multiplayer, my entire career.
>>
I've got this feeling that if Age of Sigmar doesn't meet really good expectations, Frontier may be in trouble. I haven't looked at the general consensus recently. But I think both Odyssey and Jurassic park failed to meet their expectations. Foundry has closed down. F1 manager in 2022 did alright, but looks like it also failed to meet expectations in 2023. ED has been barely mentioned in their reports and sounds like they're releasing the bare minimum for the game as they have "exceeded their original vision". Sounds like their plan going forward is "returning to attractive levels of financial performance".

Really hope Sigmar does well for the sake of ED.
>>
how do I actually do the on foot content
like where do I fly to
>>
>>1099369
>ground missions
go to a station concourse, talk to the many people yelling at you about doing a crime

>mercenary combat
go to a station concourse in a system at war, go to the frontline desk and pick a side and place. Or just fly into the combat zone directly with an srv or something but that can be buggy

>exobiology
just like go to a planet with life on it and start scanning, there's a huge bonus for being first to scan so consider going a decent bit out first
>>
>>1099369
>>1099462
reeeee stop stealing my exobios
>>
>>1099538
there's plenty of bacteria and fructera for everyone, no need to be greedy! Plus I see it more as a good way to break up an exploration session so it's not just staring at the FSS scanner
>>
>>1098462
I’d loiter at an /edg/ station but I don’t have a home system at the moment
>>
>>1098462
no, don't think there is
>>
>>1098462
>general made a faction
When odyssey was released I think SIRA was being pushed, but I have no clue if that's still active
>>
Does the visited stars view have a limit to how many visited stars it'll actually display? I read something about the clusterfuck that was the visited stars cache and fdevs complete mishandling of how it works and how it's stored.
>>
Is there any reason at all to trade goods at surface settlements? Does fulfilling surface settlement demands really do anything, aside from give a hit of dopamine from fulfilling needs?

I want to know if bringing 700 tons of various foodstuffs and alcohols to surface settlements matters.
>>
>>
File: .jpg (90 KB, 747x414)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
>>1098462
we need this but im ded
>>1098006
lightweight packhounds
>>
>>1101587
Nothing is active but I bet your ass there's 3 pilots waiting to reinstall right now. You're looking at one of them. I left for a reason, I will return for a reason.
>>
>>1105477
>lightweight packhounds
They were going to be lightweight anyway :^(
are packhounds worth the effort for rank 3 chinaman?
>>
>>1103009
The answer is trading doesn't matter at all, I've come to find. The 'bgs' is a huge fucking meme.
>>
What do people do with their shields these days? Low to the ground biweave for fast recharge, big ass shield tanks, or biweave + boosters to try to get a middle ground?
>>
>>1092416
Because every other space "MMO" in the 15 years sucked ass, and Star Citizen in particular had to reboot development multiple times because of their retarded decision to go with crytek/lumberyard engine instead of building their own which they should have done from the beginning.
>>
>>1105554
Yes, packies are fuging amazing, best 0.2t for the buck
I run several on my lightweight cutter

>>1105983
Depends but big fat prismatics have always been meta on cutters and FDLs
Consider bi-weave on ships with crappy shields like condas
>>
>>1106262
>Consider bi-weave on ships with crappy shields like condas
Thanks, worth beefing them up with guardian/heavy duty boosters or should I go all resistances, all the time?
>>
It took me 300 hours to accept that this game is almost purely grind with nothing else to do. Everything and anything a player can do is turned into grind.
>>
>>1106374
Not him, but on a conda, definitely go at least some heavy duty boosters. I'd use SCBs and hull reinforcements in place of the guardian reinforcements though
>>
>>1105983
I prefer bi-weave on anything except for my cutter
fast recharge is based and you can still pump them enough that they are decently tanky
>>
>>1105983
I run a fully shield boosted biweave on my main combat ship, a salvation charger krait, where the idea is to have a big resistance damage sponge and enough armor to survive until it comes back. On my gimmick type 10, it's a class 8 fast charge biweave designed to come back up quickly, but I can't say it's a super useful gimmick, just a fun one.

For pve, just go a biweave with a big scb and boosters, mixed heavy duty and resistance. I don't do that because I'm stupid
>>
>>1106374
>>1106631
Fuck guardian reinforcements unless you are doing PvE, at which point you should be doing all resistance bi-weaves
>>
You guys update your game progress and info to 3rd party sites like EDSM? I personally enjoy helping to fill out gaps in the map.
>>
>>1107056
I have EDMC open to dump market data to inara, but when I explore it's also sending to EDSM. Also use ED Observatory because automatically pointing out terraformables and high-lifeform planets is goated
>>
>>1106961
redpill me on the guardian reinforcement, why is it ass?
>>
>>1107569
At the end of the day, you'll get a more power hungry, heavier, less maneuverable and less heat efficient ship that has marginally more shields. Much less (about 3-4 times less) in total than what you would have restored with shield cell banks.
>>
Nota bene, however, that SCBs require a bit more than a monkey brain to know when to smash that B button and how to manage a ship's power supply in order to get the most out of them. SCBs only have to be powered when you use them.
>>
>it's a "planet has ugly splotches that looks exactly like bacteria growths" episode
Who's the cunt who thought this was a funny idea?
>>
>>1099247
It does not look like it did well. Shit.
>>
>sell several systems worth of exobio data worth 208 million credits
>reputation with minor faction doesn't move an inch
What gives? I thought exobio data gave rep?
>>
>>1107942
remember when the planet gen guy trooned out and then completely fucked odyssey up
>>
>>1108251
The motherfucker got a raise for destroying his life as well as his game
>>
This game’s devs are the worst. The community should shit on them for their pricing and their over inflated uninspired mechanics. They are afraid of actually fixing bugs still in the goddamn game for 7years. Reminds me of a typical socialists
>>
>>1109656
>Reminds me of a typical socialists
what did anon mean by this
>>
>>1107056
i always have eddiscovery dumping to EDSM as I play
the flight log and celestial body search are really useful as a exobiology autist
>>
I bought some Lego to re build into my fav ships from pvp piracy and griefing of years past and the brain rot has me tempted to reinstall.
1. If I wanted to pirate players in my clipper where should I go. Do people still pvp pirate for fun? I have a cutter and tons of cash i just need to have something to sell by the end
2. If I can’t find people and want to pve pirate are there any new metas to use, I know there are LTD hotspots but what about stopping npcs after blowing out drives? Was there ever any improvement in limpets or is it still bump stopping and force shell cannons?
3. Anything new and fun since a few years back? I tried dipping my toes in anti xeno nonsense but I’d prefer to be able to solo and the last time I tried in my cutter it just wasn’t fun. Getting the cash to go up to bigger ships feels like trying to race an SUV. Can I do anything cool in a clipper or mamba or something? I have a FAS engineered too.
4. Did they ever make fleet carriers less of a pain? I’d always been interested in collecting a stash of all rares and having my own hanger but the upkeep and grind seemed not worth it. Anyway to bypass some of the grinding?
Will upload Lego shots if interest
>>
>>1113881
>Can I do anything cool in a clipper or mamba or something
Alliance Chieftain has always been the ultimate ship for anything AX, and it's a medium. Entirely outfittable under 50 mil credits.
>>
>>1113881
1. Obnoxious griefers have made people way too likely to just instantly jump or clog to make pvp piracy easy. If you want to try anyway wait for a shipping community goal, we just had a good mining one

2. It's still bump stopping and force shell cannons, sorry. It could be worse I guess
3. in space stuff? not really, they fucked themselves over with odyssey and had to devote years to unfucking it. The only new space content really is the thargoid shit
4. the upkeep isn't that bad. To grind money super quick, you can do booze cruise, or spam kill orthruses at a spire site in a wing when that's not active
>>
>>1107569
>>1107623
Guardian shield reinforcements have one niche use. Biweave fedbricks.
eg: On a FAS reinforced/heavy duty has garbage scaling and gimps your resists without giving you strong shields, but if you go full resist biweave + fast charge you can double your shield pool with a single C4 GSR and still recharge your ram condom every minute.
>>
Any advice on how to improve this build
without increasing the weight?
https://s.orbis.zone/nb3l
>>
>>1115224
I'll admit I haven't used pack hounds, but I personally don't really like the idea of trying to use them to burst down shields like you seem to be trying to, ESPECIALLY when you can't engineer for high capacity. You're just going to run out of ammo annoyingly quickly. You could run feedback cascade on your hammer and try and melt shields with that, but it's pretty poor ammo economy and the courier doesn't quite have the fuel tank to plasma slug a hammer.

Speaking of your fuel tank, downgrade to a class 2 to A-grade the fucking distributor. You won't miss the 4 tons of fuel with your fuel scoop, but you'll SORELY want that better distributor.
>>
They haven't balanced the ships or done anything new in half a decade... why is this game supposed to be better than shart citizen?
>>
>>1116749
Cause it's actually playable?
>>
>>1116749
Because of tribalfagging.
>>
>>1117384
Absolute braindead fanboy take based on nothing but the inability to afford the bare minimum package for shit citizen, it's 50 bucks man don't be such a bitch
>>
>>1117816
I'll play it when it's finished.
>>
>>1118317
I feel the same way but about elite dangerous
>>
This game might be brainless but mining sure is comfy
Just fucked off to a local LTD hotspot and got myself 100 tons and a bit of tritium on top it's not great money anymore but it's fun being able to find LTDs in literally any form of deposit
>>
Damn I feel so sad whenever I remember this game. I spent 100 hours in it and I have pretty much nothing to show for it. It's got so much fucking potential man.
Game wide as an galaxy and deep as flat sheet of paper.
The most enjoying mechanic is mining without a doubt which is not saying much. Exploring is also cool but it's just hours of fuel scooping and jumping with nothing else. But I will remember the time I saw my first black hole fondly.
Garbage devs.
>>
>>1122853
>Game wide as an galaxy and deep as flat sheet of paper.
It seems like this is every space game out there, especially ones with multiplayer aspects. I'm convinced that the technology just doesn't exist to give what people really want. Between NMS, ED, and Starfield. Then you have Star Citizen given more money than god knows what to do with, and they still can't deliver on a complete product after what, 10+ years of development?
>>
On a scale from 1 to 10, how much of a meme is the BGS?
>>
How good is the game without VR, HOTAS and Odyssey? It's been sitting on my library for ages and I was thinking about finally giving it a try, but reading about it online made it seem like a completele waste of time unless I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator, which I don't.
>>
>>1123048
Like an 8. It barely simulates anything, and is (surprise surprise for a scale model of our galaxy) extremely shallow
>>
>>1124447
the space combat is kinda fun
it kind of breaks on the high end because engineering makes everything too strong and a lot of what you're doing is moving around in supercruise, but the combat itself can be pretty nice and the ships have a lot of customizability to fuck around with
>>
>>1124489
Well that kinda kills my desire to do any trading for the most part.
>>
>>1124647
You could always pick a faction you like (usually people go with a player-made faction) and trade goods to it. They do spread across systems, which can be fun to see
>>
>get the itch again
>Odyssey on sale
Darest I?
>>
>>1126285
Its honestly not that bad. There were bugs at launch but I think the feature set and things it added were fun. People really gave this expansion too much shit in my opinion. It wasn't perfect sure and there were bugs at launch (which can't be excused). But based on the way people were talking, they wanted want Star Citizen was promising. And I've yet to see a game deliver on those promises. I think the other issue that people had was that the foot side of the game is sorta of a game within a game. Progression between Ship and Foot don't really cross that much. With the exception being the profit made with biology.

They honestly should've approached it from a modular perspective and advertised it as such. Where its an FPS game that could stand on its own, but you could also buy the ship side of the game and connect the two. Feels like odyssey was the moment the devs basically said "This game is no longer worth investing into", which is such a bummer. Can't imagine what great things we could've gotten if it had been successful (space walks, maybe eventually ship interiors, things like that).
>>
>>1126910
That's a shame if it's in maintenance mode, but if it still satisfies my autism that's fine.
>>
>>1126933
Yeah ED is still getting updates and the FPS side is still included. But as someone who has been playing for the past ~8 years, you can tell there's been a definite decrease in dev resources being dedicated to it over time. The entire dev company has been fumbling recently. They got a new boss earlier this year if I remember. No idea where they're going to take it now. After realm of ruin under performed, they said they're going back to "focusing on sims". Does that mean more ED content? Maybe, but I think they're going to try to tap into more reliable franchises/styles they've done in the past before taking another risk with ED.
>>
Is every on-foot mission an illegal mission? It's either that or a basic bitch courier mission.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (38 KB, 800x653)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>kill target mission for foot mode
>kill guy and only that guy in settlement
>go do another mission
>get interdicted by NPC bounty hunter
>fire on him
>get murder bounty
>finish other mission and go back to turn in
>MISSION FAILED
I'm guessing it's because I killed the bounty hunter.
>>
>>1126910
They've made a lot of strides in fixing things and optimizing performance since release, but still simply the fact that they released Odyssey in the state that they did at the time was inexcusable.
And this was even after practically their entire "alpha" test audience was yelling at them to put it back in the oven. Like I had never seen the forums having so close to a unanimous opinion before or since.
I mean who the fuck ships a graphics engine with literally zero, and I mean ZERO culling and calls it good enough for retail?
>>
>>1128813
Yes. Friction with the law was the only measure of difficulty they were capable of coming up with when designing the mission system. Even the basic bitch courier missions have illegal variants to supposedly make them more difficult.
>>1129122
The engine rendered every poly back and front in the instance regardless of whether you were looking at it, were within range, or if it was behind something else. But not only that, people did GPU analysis of the engine and discovered it was building scenes in an almost perfectly inefficient order and also doing things like sending completely redundant commands to the GPU, or sending a commend for one effect only to override it with another one within the same frame. And often more than once for the same thing. It was like someone substituted a full-on debug build for giggles only it wasn't a joke.
>>
>>1129127
>Friction with the law was the only measure of difficulty they were capable of coming up with when designing the mission system.
Kind of a shame but I guess that's just how it is in space.
>>
>>1089472
I don't have one yet but hope to by Monday. I plan to just use it to keep everything together, exploration maybe. I don't think upkeep will be a problem, 5m per week is pretty much nothing, the max is 30m with all modules and I don't think that would be a problem either. You can use it to run one bulk trade completely hands off except creating a post in a discord server and have months worth of upkeep. It's lame that the only good commodity for that (that I know of) is Agronomic Treatment, I want to haul all sorts of things but nothing else is profitable enough to pay haulers to do.
>>
File: Works.png (244 KB, 416x279)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
It feels kind of silly landing a Dolphin to go on raid/kill/assassination on-foot missions but it's already got a 4A FSD and I can't be assed gearing up (and buying) a better ship. Still a super poorfag since I don't play that often, only have 100m
>>
>>1129972
The dolphin is a fun little ship, it also has one of the best boost sounds. Saud kruger has a nice asthetic but I don't often fly their ships because I never do passenger missions
>>
>>1129972
Nothing wrong with the dolphin as a runabout. It's small fast and maneuverable plus it has excellent range and heat management.
>>
>>1130588
>>1130130
It does have a really nice cockpit view and very fast yeah. I also like the classical music that plays when auto-docking/landing.
>>
>>1130598
That plays with every ship, it's always blue danube

>>1130130
Dolphin also makes a great explorer! Orca kinda can too. Definitely "off-role" but not unviable at all
>>
>>1130890
Using your passenger ship as a luxury yacht to tour round the galaxy sounds like it would be super comfy.
>>
Trying to find exobio samples kind of makes me wanna throw myself off a cliff.
>>
>>1131534
I have just discovered the amazing feature that you can change what biological sample the DSS scans for in the DSS function. Very cool. Now I kind of just want to stand at the cliff and experience Call of the Void.
>>
>>1132194
Oh yeah that makes it way easier, also keep in mind that different types of organism will be in different topographical features that aren't necessarily distinguished just in the DSS scan (like frutexa will be on the side of rocky slope areas)
>>
What throttle should I buy if I'm upgrading from the t16000m one?
>>
>>1066958
dude this. i've played it off and on, but it's just a giant open boring sandbox. they have the potential to do so much and instead just do nothing...
>>
>wanna try out burst lasers
>truck on down to dweller
>long range option just makes the damage falloff 1:1 with maximum range
Any reason not to pick this right now? Don't have any crazy engineering options at the moment .
>>
>>1134418
long range is amazing on lasers, other options aren't bad (efficient is all positives for example) but long range is so easy to use
>>
>>1134461
Yeah it's actually really nice, really helps keep the pressure on the squirrely ships that always moving out of the original falloff range.
>>
Man honestly fuck conflict zones, I'm not engineered enough for this shit. Just gonna blow up pirates and shit.
>>
>>1134418
On average long range will improve your damage output more than rapid fire or overcharged. The default damage falloff for lasers is brutal so being able to do full damage at any range is massive. And there's not even counting the increased time on target from being able to teach out and rich l touch someone.
>>
>>1135376
*reach out and touch someone
What the fuck is this autocorrect
>>
>>1064147
Just bought this "game", what am I in for?
>>
>>1136260
supercruise
grind
cool screenshots
>>
File: Screenshot_0109.png (2.54 MB, 2560x1440)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
Odyssey is 10 euros in winter sale, is there any point for someone who used to love the exploration part? What I heard is Odyssey fucked up the planetary generation and made everything bland? Is that still true?
>>
i dont care about space legs
just give me comfy cockpits for VR instead of those metalic huge empty spaces with a chair in the middle
>>
File: 1458987098954.png (43 KB, 299x332)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>1068210
I made 1+ billion credits on my first exploration trip in my Asp Scout and never had to worry about money again. Stopped playing before Odyssey and didn't come back because all the negative stuff said about it. Only got back now to check it out since it was so cheap.
>>1068217
Just set out on an exploration trip in my decked out Cobra MK III. I just like how it looks, 50ly jump range is enough for me. Gonna try out some exobiology.
>>
File: eb0.jpg (25 KB, 680x341)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>firing blindly into the inscrutable Christmas light shitshow currently being projected on the Hydra from seven different directions on the off chance that I actually hit the heart
>>
File: vertical srv.webm (1.1 MB, 1280x690)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB WEBM
>>1136515
Exploration is the same, more profitable now with exobio. As far as the planet gen, they apparently made planets flatter so you can land on them easier, however you can still find endless canyons/cliffs (I never played pre-odyssey tho so I can't compare)

>>1136260
steep learning curve, frustration, wonder and awe
>>
>>1140253
The big complaint is there aren't narrow, winding canyons suitable for hooning like there were before. A lot of the "canyons" are pretty short or pretty wide.
>>
Is this game good on console? I've wanted to try it but my computer is really old.
>>
>>1140417
Can you even still get the console version? I can't remember when they stopped updating it but it's definitely missing stuff compared to the pc version.
>>
>>1068210
The only player I've met in multiplayer was some nigger in an anaconda who tried to ransom my hauler. I just slammed full speed into his ship and exploded.
>>
>>1140417
It's an almost 10 year old game, you can't play it even on lowest settings?
I wouldn't get the console version because it's in legacy mode and you're paying $30 for an old build that almost nobody plays, the steam version goes on sale for like $10.
>>
>>1140475
You can still get it. There are no story/content updates but it still runs like normal. Community goals also run but only for credits.
>>
>>1140186
Don't need to hit the heart. One time I was about to fall asleep, saw a twitch stream of some guy and his squad removing a hydra from existence, as they were two hearts away I turned on my PC, hopped into my explorer and managed to instance with them after a few jumps just in time to go silent, poke it with a railgun, fuck off, pop heatsinks, get bonds, disconnect, shut off PC and then finally fall asleep.
>>
I can't describe how much fun I'm having fighting goids in my imperial courier. Everyone out there cold orbiting with their meta kraits while I'm zooming past the interceptor at 740 meters per second, gunning down scouts and outrunning caustic missiles like it's nothing. The three medium ax multis do pretty decent heart damage too. God I love this ship

>>1143343
Confirmed chad move
>>
>>1144452
>740 meters per second
Rookie numbers! You can get at least another 100 m/s out of that ship
>>
>>1144862
Oh I know, I have a racing / exploration courier that can reach 885 when boosting. I had to sacrifice some speed for the firepower and additional defenses ; overall it's clearly not optimal and heavily depends on evasion to survive for any amount of time, but it's a joy to fly.

It's just so ludicrous to zip around in a small ship when everybody else is flying in absolute bulldozers, I can't get enough of it
>>
Anons, I've returned over the xmas holidays to this game. Grinded for a cutter, did some hauling for a carrier network and shot up from 1b to 3.6b. But I need a change of pace. Was looking at Thargoids but I haven't done my engineering properly. Does anyone have a Thargoid solo build without engineering? I too want to grind those while drinking a beer. Or should I just grind out other combat stuff for that?
>>
>>1145212
Good choice, fighting thargoids is the definitive endgame activity and it's the reason I still can't put this game down. For solo combat this has been the most meta build for a long time : https://s.orbis.zone/ngek . You can go for the same build on a krait mkII depending on personal preference (bit less agility, more firepower).

Engineering is required for best performance, but don't feel forced to grind all your grade 5 blueprints at a time. Even G3 modules go a long way compared to the unmodded A grade version
>>
Holy shit /edg/ is back?
>>
>tfw have been really enjoying the game recent but literally only because the axi discord has their own thargoid killing challenges to give me something to do
>>
>>1134418
It's good. Distributor draw is the problem, if you use a bunch it's hard to keep up unless you spam heatsinks. YouTube search "Death star anaconda" if you wanna see what they can do though
>>
>>1098462
Barba Ring, LP 355-65
>>1101587
I think I'm the only SIRA guy who plays anymore and that's only because I'm doing AX. >discord link should be on the inara page though
>>
>>1145721
Thanks anon, I am grinding the weapon blueprints as we speak. Also the material. According to the build you gave I just have to go for the modules after that. Perhaps I should just push further and grind out what I can ... For now I have the FSD, the FSD booster and about to have the Gauss class 1 and 2 unlocked.
>>
File: starfailed.png (2.54 MB, 1920x1080)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99FMBNn1jZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQZGFPby_xg
Man these new fanmade trailers are amazing. We're till going after 10 years baby let's go
>>
>>1149541
I missed my chance to be in the first one, cool group of dudes
>>
>>1149541
>i was the azure cutter at 1:47
>>
>>1149559
>>1150374
honestly some of the coolest shots I've seen in an Elite video, you guys rule

Makes me think of the fun I had on the Izanami expedition a few months back, the community around this game is really something special
>>
>>1150404
Wouldn't even say you guys. They just recruited from AXI discord. If you can stomach some tolerant shit they got good info too and the ranks are fun to chase. Different faces for different places and all. Ain't even the staff really, they're super chill and helpful.
>>
>>1150414
Yeah I always make friends playing AX at random places, it's really nice. Dedicated AX players are a chill bunch
>>
>>1144452
>>1144862
>740 m/s
How do you guys get these insane speeds? I assume engineering the fuck out of A-rated thrusters?
>>
>>1155744
Pretty much, abusing every engineering number-crunching trick and flying a ship so paper-thin that it explodes if you wave at it.
>>
>>1155744
enhanced performance thrusters + engineering
>>
Aw hell yeah lads, new EPIC twitch drops and paint jobs! Elite is saved
>>
>>1155744
You can reach 932 m/s with the imperial eagle ( https://s.orbis.zone/njki ). Still gotta go and actually build this thing, it's got to be a blast for canyon racing
>>
Fyi boys, there's a brawl at Shindez if you wanna get some fights in. Big event for the banniversary of king dad the pedo. Lasts until 12am UTC/7pm EST.
>>
>>1064147
How is group content in 2024. Is there an actual point to flying in a Wing
>>
>>1160445
Broken. Wingfights are the only reason to wing up.
>>
File: 56629812107.png (2.65 MB, 1596x831)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>1064147
Just went back and played the Legacy Horizons mode, and damn the jump animation looks 100x better than Odyssey's animation; Why did they ever need to change it?
>>
>>1064147
>See a cool mamba build that's full engineered using fragment cannons.
>Decide I want to do this.
>Realize that I have no Grade 5's for any of the material types
>Realize that I have half of the engineers required unlocked
>Dread
I fucking hate engineering and I fucking hate the devs for making it like this.
Im grinding right now.
>>
>>1163972
Yeah shit is fucking awful. Make sure you grind manufactured with high grade emissions, you can go to HIP 36601 with a flak launcher and collector limpets to get g4 raws.
https://sites.google.com/view/elite-materials/
>>
File: 1687940689518905.png (908 KB, 1682x673)
908 KB
908 KB PNG
>>1164105
Im using this graph for my raws and using the collector and flak method, it's insanely low attention and fast.

Go to the cluster on the planet at the grid, shoot a few flaks at the clusters, back up until the stop rendering and deploy the collectors, exit to desktop and repeat until all grade 5's are maxed out.
I'll do the same with the man mats as well thanks to you.
>>
>>1164105
>>1164107
I had a stroke and mistyped, I meant I'll do the same High Energy Wake farming method you spoke of.
>>
>>1164107
>>1164121
Hell yeah brother. Enjoy your frag mamba.
>>
Missed the livestream but heard the good news... Elite's not dead yet boys
>>
NEW SHIP!
>>
>>1164364
4 of them apparently
>>
>>1164364
>>1164366
ya wot
>>
File: 1694578478763027.png (446 KB, 500x500)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>1164107
For anyone using this graph and needs Selenium, go to that planet in that system and fly to 52.6, -165.87 or to the mining location on the surface. Both locations have a decent cluster of Selenium bulb deposits.

Remember, shoot the clusters using flak cannons, then back up until they are no longer rendered, deploy your collector limpets, watch a video on your second monitor until there isnt anything else to collect. Then quit to desktop and repeat the process.
>>
HOLY SHIT WE ARE SO FUCKING BACK
>>
>>1164162
Ok so I understand this.

>Core Dynamics Composites | Proprietary Composites
Federation, Election/None

>Military Grade Alloys | Military Supercapacitors
Independent or Alliance, War/Civil War

>Improvised Components
Independent or Alliance, Civil Unrest

>Imperial Shielding
Empire, Election/None

>Pharmaceutical Isolators
Independent or Alliance, Outbreak

>Proto Heat Radiators | Proto Light Alloys
Independent or Alliance, Boom

>Proto Radiolic Alloys
Independent or Alliance, Expansion

The higher the Population the more likely for High Grade Emissions, correct?
>>
>>1164783
Yeah, though some combos like pharmaceuticals are obnoxious and I'd just trade over from a different mat
>>
>>1165278
Yeah I realized that the Pharmaceutical's require not just the faction and state of the system but also an emission of a specific faction.
That's extremely fucked up.
>>
what are the new ships that are supposedly coming? I don't care enough to watch the stream and I refuse to look at the dad forums
>>
>>1166164
Only one that's been announced is Python mkii, which so far looks like a python that's sleeker and with wings, so maybe combat oriented?

People are hoping for panther clipper but I think we'll get mamba light and two other things instead
>>
>>1166192
hmmm I'll reserve judgement then
i honestly don't care much about a new python version, I've never been one of those people that sucks off the python to oblivion like some people do. It's just a solid ship
>>
>>1164364
>>1164366
>>1164771
u wot? havent played in years but i will haul my ass back if this comes out. hype
>>
>>1166164
>>1166192
>>1166223
The Python mk2 visuals we got are great, it kinda looks like a SR-71 / space shuttle hybrid. I love it. Can't wait to see what it can do.

>>1166481
Yeah this is getting me really stoked. Thargoid war updates, new powerplay and some unknown new feature all sound pretty nice but fuck man, actual new ships? I had given up on that a long time ago. I still can't believe it lmao
>>
File: JUST.png (492 KB, 755x713)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
Yamiks absolutely FELTED
>>
>>1168783
wat
>>
>>1064147
How would you guys deal with a situation where your fleet carrier was costing more credits than you were taking in and bleeding you dry? I have about a month to go before I’m in debt and can’t seem to make enough to stay comfortable
>>
>>1169340
Make more money.
>>
>>1169251
gambling term for when you lose all your chips, and all you have is the felt on the table
>>
>>1169340
I don't get how anyone can be broke since spire gang bangs became a thing. You literally just show up in a shitbox with gimbal enh AX mcs and fuck up scouts while tagging any flowers that show up for mad dosh. Nobody even minds that you're there mooching off the orthrus kills because everyone hates scouts.
>>
>>1169340
I solved it easily by using 2pac to instakill hydras and it worked wonders, 500 mil in half an hour however the caveat is I got 1 week ban and next one would be permanent so I'm not inclined to do that again.
>>
>>1169985
So... you got threatened with a ban for using in-game strats?
Wonderful.
>>
>>1170023
>in-game strats
I was not referring to the long-patched plasma accelerator infinite damage bug there. Nobody got banned for those afaik, though I wanted to relive the glory days so I used a certain tool of that name to replicate the effect. What I did was a direct ToS violation and they reacted immediately and appropriately, even though I did it in solo at euro nighttime on weekends in witch head nebula. Pretty respectful desu. Sadly I'm not PLAG so I don't know all the flashiest cheats and tricks like snog.
>>
Monitoring this thread.
>>
Evading this ban.
>>
>>1170473
with no survivors
>>
File: 20240206213247_1.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>1064147
Post cool screenshots
>>
>>1149240
kek
>>
>>1140253
>steep learning curve, frustration, wonder and awe
this took me a while... I first got hooked when I got to a ring world and went straight into it and saw a giant field of asteroids, I finally "got it" like 150 hours in when I realised trading is king and that im a trucker
>>
>>1171024
>>
>>1171236
good
>>
>>1171024
>>
>>1169340
Spire sites. 40mil to kill an interceptor that has no weapons
>>
File: elite17.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1080)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>1172050
wow actually stunning
>>
>>1172050
also i love the keelback, type 6's twin brother... need to get me one
>>
>>1172162
this one was originally a meme AX ship, it wasn't fast enough to outrun anything and the internals suck for it
i turned it into a meme exploration ship because i was bored
>>
>>1172169
You got those screenshots from horizon or odyssey?
>>
>>1172169
Meme ships usually end up your best ships... I got an Anaconda after 240 hours and rn I'm just a trucker at heart so Type 10 Is my primary ship
>>
How does this game that hasn't had a content update in half a decade have a fucking general?
>>
>>1172248
ody
1st one from orion nebula
2nd one was from the bubble
>>
>>1173089
damn I've been watching ody vs horizon and seeing the lighting difference but honestly in game I've only noticed a difference with the stars really
>>
>>1172308
because Elite is eternal, Elite is forever
also we get lots of new shit this year
>>
>>1172308
There's not really any game like it. NMS is probably the closest and that thing looks too much like it was made for zoomers. At least they're it looks like they realize that leaving one of their most successful games to a skeleton crew was leaving money on the table.
>>
File: 1689316693545120.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>
>>1173589
What new shit, retard, when was the last time we got a new ship or a rebalance for ones that are essentially worthless
>>
File: 20230722182143_1.jpg (191 KB, 2560x1440)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>1171024
>>
>>1174703
They apparently fixed the scaling on thermal conduit plasma accelerators (now damage goes up by 1% for every 1% heat up until 160% heat, instead of being 160% damage for 101% heat and up).
>>
>>1064147
The new feature will be base building. Screencap this
>>
is there a /vm/ squadron? if so, ill redownload for you faggots
>>
>>1178777
https://inara.cz/elite/squadron/1470/
>>
File: 20240212170121_1.jpg (477 KB, 2560x1440)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>1179020
>Space IRA
lmao. I might join too

Also:
'ate bugs
'ate xenos
'ate Thargoids (I am xenophobic, just don't loik 'em)

luv me thermal vent beam
luv me shard cannons
luv me caustic sinks
luv me hull tank

simple as
>>
>>1179020
awesome. redownloading now.
>>
>>1179038
You'll fit in fine, even if most of us seldom touch the game anymore
>>
File: 20230722142945_1.jpg (584 KB, 2560x1440)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>>1178762
Hope you guys haven't been throwing out all those building schematic mats that aren't used in any engineering!
>>
>>1179300
it's ok
i don't have any of the odyssey rare mats
>>
File: Screenshot_0002.png (2.78 MB, 1928x1085)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>1171024
>>
File: 20230722060950_1.jpg (123 KB, 2560x1440)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>
File: 1473003170252.jpg (76 KB, 600x437)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>1108251
>completely fucked odyssey up
That was a group effort
>>
>>1179629
o7
>>
File: 20230212082525_1.jpg (386 KB, 2560x1440)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
It only took literal years of occasionally keeping an eye on the Great Pre-Upgraded Gear Sharing is Caring thread, but I'm happy to report I finally have a shitty G3 Aphelion. Praise Braben, Praise his Vision
>>
>>1174703
did you just miss Frontier's announcement? don't be so bitter lmao, we are back
>>
>Lets go do some Odyssey ground bullshit
>go to some anarchy extraction settlement
>neat its completely abandoned and there's a crashed ship
>actually looks cool
>disembark
>get forever long black screen, never transitions to on foot
>Escape, main menu, load back in
>spawn in station concourse over 200 ly away in Shinrarta Dezhra
>35 minutes to transport my ship here
>can't take apex shuttle, it's too far
>also can't apex shuttle to carriers
Bravo
>>
File: stuck.jpg (28 KB, 264x450)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1180455
next time
>>
File: 20230209131146_1.jpg (429 KB, 2560x1440)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>>1180520
damn, thanks
>>
I'm finally going to build this 932 m/s ieagle just to interdict people and run away lol
le epic trolling time
>>
>>1180701
sounds fun
can you post build?
>>
File: 20240217121807_1.jpg (381 KB, 2560x1440)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
Got the banshees taken care of at the spire site in Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-15. In the Anti-Xeno Initiative private group. In case anyone wants to mooch off my hard work to farm orthruses
>>
Is this game worth getting into? I want to go on a space adventure.
>>
>>1181197
It goes on sale on steam for very cheap every seasonal sale. I like space a lot, I like this game a lot.
>>
>>1064147
So is the starting zone totally redundant now? You can still spawn in Dromi in the Legacy version, but in the live game it seems totally impossible for a new account to spawn in the Starter Zone, the only options are LHS 3447 and Asellus Primus in Horizons, and HIP 97950 for Odyssey.
>>1181197
If you're looking for a large-scale space sim yes. Prepare for your first hours to be pretty frustrating; You will run out of fuel often and risk getting stranded in space until you can afford to buy a bigger FSD and fuel tank. Also, always put a fuel scoop on your ship
>>
I bought a steam key for 10 bucks and am installing now. Any tips on what i sshould prioritize or avoid?
>>
>>1181406
>So is the starting zone totally redundant now?
I think so. I didn't even know it still existed. New characters on Odyssey start on HIP 97950 like you said. Don't know shit about starting on Horizons.

>>1181734
Base game only or did you get get Odyssey too?
>>
>>1181737
I have odyssey as well.
>>
>>1181741
You have to do some introductory on foot tutorial segment then the game cuts you loose. I guess do some courier missions or something when you first start out to get a feel for how travel works and make super early game credits. There's instantaneous FTL jumps you do to get between different systems. Then inside of a system you use what's called supercruise, which is still FTL but it's not an instant jump, you just fly super fast. Be careful when accepting missions and pay attention to see how far away your destination is in both lightyears (how far to jump and how many jumps) and in ls, or light seconds, which will determine how much time you'll be spending in supercruise after you make it to the target system. Anything more than like, 10,000 is a pain in the ass. If it's more than 100,000 grab a book, or really, just don't accept that mission. There are some stations that are so far away from their host star that their distance is measured in tenths of lightyears. Again, just don't even fuck with these unless you really want to.
>>
>>1181746
Here's some shit I wrote up for some other guy I was helping out. It's a list of external tools you may find helpful.

https://edsy.org/ - lets you put ship builds together and save them for future reference

https://inara.cz/elite/nearest/ - Tool for letting you find things more easily since there are no in-game tools for some of this stuff. For example you can use this to find a system or station with certain attributes (owned by a certain faction, has a certain economy, has a certain government type etc). Or you can use it to find good buy/sell prices on commodities. Or you can use it to find material traders, which you won't need yet, but you will once you get into engineering

https://edtools.cc/ - Good tool for finding good mining spots, systems/stations to do mercenary missions. It also has something called "Road to Riches" and basically that tool can be used to make an exploration route that should be pretty lucrative. That one is pretty useful because it can be done without having a ton of credits up front.

https://www.spansh.co.uk/plotter - Route plotting tools. Also has a "road to riches" tool. Also has something similar but for exobiology which is the on-foot planetary landing plant scanning stuff, very lucrative.

1/2
>>
File: 20230129183613_1.jpg (243 KB, 2560x1440)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>1181741
>>1181746
>>1181752

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-materials-helper.610816/ - Downloadable application that is EXTREMELY useful for when you start getting into engineering. It links to your account and you can tell it what engineering you want and it'll help you organize your way there. Tells you what you have, what you need, where to find them, etc. Makes life so much easier.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-great-pre-upgraded-gear-sharing-is-caring-thread.576352/ - A thread where people post locations of on-foot equipment that is already upgraded. Pre-upgraded equipment can only get up to grade 3 out of 5. Don't ever bother manually upgrading G1 equipment to G2 or G3 since you can find them out in the wild already at G3 if you're persistent and keep an eye on this thread. The thread moves fast, and people snag things up quickly, so whenever you're trying to grab this stuff be quick.

2/2
>>
>>1181746
>>1181752
>>1181755
thanks
>>
File: 1704588080704608.jpg (65 KB, 1015x1024)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Star Citizen is the superiour game,seethe cringelit
>>
It's weird that they didn't stick with the starter zone in Odyssey and now it's just kind of there even though nobody on 4.0 can actually start there. I had one of my free epic accounts parked there in a Corvette which I got by carrier trading and some basic engineering by trading manganese to stay at rank 1.
>>
>>1181855
Ok, my computer can't run it though
>>
>>1181855
Bro what do you even fucking DO in SC? Motherfuckers just straight up give me auec and I bought ships with them but I still can't figure it out, so I just go fucking shoot people at stations and fight bounty hunters. There's never anybody at stations though after they took out Olisar.
>>
Exobiology can be such a pain. I wish there was a better way to locate plants.
>>
Join Yuri Grom
>>
>>1184245
Nothing like searching for some FUNGOIDA and having to play a long game of "find a suitable landing site" for an hour.
>>
How is the multiplayer on this game? Does SIRA play together still?
>>
>>1184596
If you're are carrier's is are near by, get yourself a speed-built Sidewinder. No joke, being the smallest ships, these things can land on pinheads. Consider them your personal speedy suit transporter. According to coriolis.io, the absolute fastest should be 513 and 745 boost respectively, with some wiggle room regarding internals.
>>
>find earth like world
>it's already mapped by someone
>still get bonus for first time discovery
Is this a glitch or does it mean that the original discoverer died before selling the info? It was in a populated system so it's hard to believe no one else hadn't seen it.
>>
>>1184732
I don't think so, someone posted a link to their Inara page a couple of days ago, and then I applied to the group in-game but it has yet to be accepted. Guessing no one has been logging on

>>1184774
There's no way that hadn't been discovered and surface scanned in a populated system before you got there. I'd go with a bug
>>
>>1184736
>If you're are carrier's is are near by
>>
Visit Chun Prospecting at Lalande 3118
>>
How exactly do minor powers affect powerplay? All i've managed to find is that it effects fortification costs, but detailed information is really hard to come by.
>>
>>1064147
>Brand New Player here
Just got a quest 3 on launch day, looking for something to play. Idk anything about this, or any of the other space games **Not usually my thing** but this has native VR support and it says MMO in the steam tag.

Can anyone tell me what kinda game this is? PvP? Linear storyline game?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.61 MB, 1920x1080)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>1186012
MMO is an overstatement, but you can run into other players if you play in open. You can play in solo mode if you're a little girl though. It's a sandbox spess game containing the entire milky way. You fly a spaceship around a 1:1 representation of the milky way, space is really fucking big so your odds of running into a random player in a random system are pretty low, but some spots are really popular because of a community goal or a big bad evil alien target system or something and you're extremely likely to run into people at these locations. I've played for thousands of hours in open and I've had less than 5 occasions where someone picked a fight with me. Also most people are shitters at this game.

Anyways, you space truck, you kill bad guys, you go exploring, you can land on planet surfaces to explore and to kill bad guys, you make money, you buy nicer ships and upgrades for those ships and your personal equipment.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.3 MB, 1920x1080)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>>1186012
>>1186024
Forgot to touch on VR.
I don't have it myself, but I've heard from multiple people that have it that Elite in particular is great in VR. It drives home just bonkers the scale of everything is. Also the sound design in this game is great. VR only works in the spaceships and in the surface recon vehicles. It does not work while you're on-foot. Also you have to have the Odyssey expansion to do the on-foot content or land on planets with tenuous atmospheres. Without that expansion you can only land on planets that have no atmosphere
>>
>>1186012
Immersive space trucker game. There are no real goals, you just do what you feel like doing.
It's a very slow paced game where you spend most of your time travelling.
>>
>>1186012
Steam keyes for this ggame are very cheap. You can get the base game + odyssey expansion for about 10 bucks.
>>
Anyone have a link to Aisling Duval's onlyfans?
>>
>>1186012
Do you have a HOTAS? I started off in VR too, and quickly found that it's incredibly hard to play using mouse+keyboard with a headset on, since you have to literally navigate the entire keyboard blind. The program Voiceattack is a lifesaver in this regard; But really the best way to play in VR is with a HOTAS.
>>1186058
I would huff that bitch's farts straight from the tap, no cap
>>
File: chinky.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1185539
>tidally locked moon orbiting at the edge of a brown dwarfs ring
>the ring spins really fast
Does Cheng have the most kino workplace?
>>
File: 364.jpg (621 KB, 2560x1440)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>1186292
that is not Fuca Point, anon
>>
>>1186696
Chun prospecting looks great in motion.
>>
>>1185033
Anon took too much Onionhead
>>
File: YouWILLLikeTheFuture.png (725 KB, 1624x1164)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
do people in the future in space enjoy eating bugs?
>>
>>1187849
They've got bite!
>>
File: adblocc.png (2.29 MB, 1920x1080)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>1187849
>>
>>1187849
Welcome to dystopia. Proper beef (or local equivalent) costs around 1.3 credits per kg, which doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that 1 galactic credit has a value of around 1500 USD.
Commanders and most of the NPCs living and working in space are ludicrously wealthy compared to the average peasant slaving away in the dirt on some agri backwater.
>>
File: PulsarLostColony.jpg (667 KB, 2560x1440)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
New Odyssey content looking pretty good here
>>
Would there be any interest for a new /vm/ squadron?
>>
>>1180705
https://s.orbis.zone/npc-
Paper-thin and stripped to the bone for high-octane, reckless canyon racing at mach 2.7
>>
>>1180705
>>1190062
if you fit a 1A fsd interdictor you can downgrade to 2D shields and 1D power distrib to keep it going at 930+
>>
>>1182156
Usually I go and be an interstellar amazon delivery but then it crashes just before i deliver anything
>>
>>1188905
Haha, nice
I have been playing a lot of Pulsar lately. One of these days I'll do an AoG run.
>>
File: 20240228031008_1.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
binlan :DDDD
>>
>>1191612
fugg :DDD
>>
Velho
Virtanen
Lahtinen
Jyrki Kasvi
Sinisalo

There's a surprising amount of bases with finnish names in the game.
>>
How do i join SIRA?
>>
Who here bombing sum Taranis
>>
>>1194379
I'm a new player. I haven't had the time to grind ax gear.
>>
>>1194434
Most grind-locked AX gear doesn't even work in maelstroms. Everything you need is purchasable at rescue mega ships for credits these days.
ie: Enhanced AX missiles/multicannons, nanite torps, pulse neutralizer and caustic sinks.
>>
File: titan distressed.png (215 KB, 785x381)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
One down...
>>
someone give me a quick rundown on all the thargoid shit that's been going on
I'm a degenerate explorer who hasn't been to the bubble for like 3 years
>>
File: titan meltdown.png (198 KB, 584x507)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
...7 to go.
>>
Which thargussy we fuckin next?
>>
>>1194483
What's a good anti xeno beginner ship and build? I currently only have an Asp Explorer and about 150 mil.
>>
Are spire raids still a thing? Or is everybody going deep on the Titans rn?
>>
My new favorite pastime is to bring thermal shock to the titan and watch fags aggro the whole instance when they get lit up to 100 heat.
>>
Some nigger keeps buying all the silver near Barbra Ring.
>>
Taranis' death scream was apparently synced across all instances. We were between torpedo runs when it went off and started popping secondary explosions.
>>
File: titrekt.jpg (714 KB, 2560x1440)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>1194680
>>
>>1194683
Fdev encouraging everyone to be there tomorrow to witness Taranis' final "death" like it's a momentous occasion for humanity, so that almost certainly means it's going to be a trap like HIP 22460 since their writers only know how to recycle one trope.
>>
If you want to pick up goid Titan mats now's the time. The goids have almost completely abandoned their defense of Taranis.
>>
>>1194694
That's nice to know at 3 am.
>>
>>1194698
Supposedly you have until 18:55 UTC before it actually pops. Or it does something else entirely, because fuck knows frontier can't write a satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>1194713
They haven't revealed what the thargoids are doing with the captured humans have they?
Maybe something related to that.
>>
>>1194694
>abandoned
the fuck is this info coming from?
i keep getting interdicted every 30 seconds on supercruise
>>
>>1194499
The meta for soloing interceptors is a hulltank Chieftain with gauss cannons and thermal vent beam. Pretty cheap credit-wise too but it involves AX unlocks for the gauss cannons. If you plan to operate in anti-guardian fields then you'll want a Krait MkII instead and arm it with enhanced AX multis.
For titan bombing people are using Krait MkII or Mamba engineered to idle under 20% heat to stay undetected.
Krait/Mamba builds are a little expensive for a 150m budget though.
For group AX you can get away with almost anything. AX multis for all-round dps, tvent beams if you want to be hard to target, flak for swarms if fighting in deep space. The Chief is cheap and good here but the 3x small hardpoints are hard to fill with non-guardian weapons. I've seen people use them for 2-3 small vent beams, or even 3x cytoscramblers for shields when swatting orthrus.
>>1194775
You can still extract humans from it even though it's in the process of exploding.
>>1194784
Goid presence is reduced but not gone. If your heat is high in SC you'll still get pulled by shit like scouts a lot.
The major change is that none of the interdictions are glaives anymore so you can easily get away. The titan doesn't fire off its pulse when you get close either and the goid patrols in the area are less frequent. I don't think I've seen any tending to the caustic generators recently, although the giant fart cloud is still there that you need to get through.
>>
>>1194683
Something we noticed while nuking the core is that experimental effects proc on it. Not sure if the effects actually take effect but if so you could in theory hit it with corrosive shell so everybody in the instance does bonus damage to it while it's up.
>>
>>1194127
https://inara.cz/elite/squadron/1470/
Click the Discord link
>>
>>1194499
Absolute cheapest would be a vulture with a torpedo and a single enhancdd missile racks or multicannon.
>>
File: no more Taranis.png (992 KB, 1920x1080)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
they explode quite nicely
>>
>>1195412
Anybody actually keep track of ARX before and after to see if it was awarded without notice? I wasn't tracking mine so I can't tell if it went up.
>>
>>1194498
Leigong
>>
>>1195412
In every instance I've seen, an Orthrus makes a getaway from the maw shortly before the burst pushing everyone back. When Leigong goes into meltdown we need to make sure to have a kill squad in position to gib it the second it emerges from the maw so whatever it's carrying doesn't escape.
>>
>>1181746
NTA but I just did the same, bought Odyssey. These days I have a new account though. Used to play ED when the passenger hauling was broken, I had multiple Anacondas and whatnot.
It's great to start from the scratch.
>>
>>1196045
Also to add: game is so fucking annoying to play it's unreal.
It's a huge time sink but without any quality of life whatsoever. It's not even a simulation but just a mess. Starting to regret installing this garbage but it's still the only choice, even a decade later.
>>
>>1196146
>It's been a long time since I last played, forgot to disable hard point auto-deployment
>Accidentally press left mouse button and get shot while landing
>Need to respawn at Capricorni Sector fucking ages away from the starting area or where I was
This shit is so infuriating... Why the fuck do I respawn at a detention center if I die? Hello logic?
>>
>>1194910
>only one autist within the squadron with triple elite
also, is Odyssey worth it nowadays? How is that content on that one?
>>
File: fuck this.jpg (15 KB, 579x255)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1194494
no one knows/cares because keeping up with the thargoid story requires browsing the forums and putting up with forumdad bullshit. also thargoids are generic aggressive aliens anyways so who really cares
>>
>>1174703
i never understood why everyone keeps hyping "new ships" as if thats somehow going to fix the game. the game is busted on an extreme base level. adding new ships wont change a god damn thing. i would rather have an update that makes each ship have a unique cockpit/hud rather than adding even more variants of ships we already have.
>>
>>1196148
Cause of death was technically by cop, so yeah you go to jail.
>>
>>1194494
>>1196465
There's literally galnet articles and a galaxy map UI ingame.
Goids mad because we tried to genocide them again over a year ago and sent giant motherships called Titans to steamroll human space.
Titans take over systems near them and expand unless fought back.
Factory spire sites pop up in systems they control and they get resources from that.
The more resources a Titan has access to the harder it is to assault.
We just destroyed the Titan codenamed Taranis the other day and are now working on Leigong.
>>
>>1195412
What was his tax policy?
>>
So, after some initial frustration I bought Dominator suit, assault rifle and pulse rifle and found out where the closest (never not that close) conflict area is. Now I'm making almost 10mil credits per one good match via Frontline Solutions.
I have only played ~ 10 hours for now.
I'll get Anaconda in no time.
>>
>>1197206
The real money's all about gang banging Thargoids at spire sites.
>>
>>1197236
Yep, need to work my way up there.
>>
>>1197206
>>1197236
Back in my day we traded rares to make loads of money (or just cheated like crazy)
>>
>>1197339
are you that fag that kept saying >painite :^) like 7 years ago
>>
>>1197343
I didn't even know this general existed 7 years ago.
>>
I have 140 hours in this game and i feel like i just started.
I just fucked around not giving a shit about any kind of progress or using external tools or info on how to grind credits fast.
>>
>>1197412
Actually, now that i think about it the time has to be wrong. I've had the game for two weeks and 10 hours a day would require a time paradox. Having the launcher open must count for the game time displayed on steam.
>>
>>1197343
The painite exploit is eternal.
>>
>>1197480
I missed you
Want to reminisce over meagles or hanging outside of the no fire zone and firing guided missiles at people with point defense so the station would blow them up?
>>
>>1197481
I'm more of a healies 4 feelies kind of guy myself.
>>
>>1197412
>>1197444
the honeymoon period lasts a long time. once you start using external tools or really dipping into trying to engineer your ship, that's when the game really eats shit. stay away from engineering for as long as you can help it. and yes, launcher counts as in game time
>>
>log in
>realize I logged out on someone's carrier
>it fucked off into the middle of a war zone
>can't get anywhere without getting dicked by xenos
I did this to myself.
>>
I'm trying to help SIRA win the election in Parmut. Anyone else want to pitch in?
>>
>>1199083
*Parnut
>>
Why this thread isn't on /vg/?
Or would it die? /vm/ is much slower in this sense.
>>
>>1199168
As far as I remember it used to be completely infested with mobile/gachashit, p2w scams and thirst traps to the point that it was impossible to keep a thread up for anything other than flavor of the month games.

Elite threads are slow and the developer excels at generating anti-hype so even when they have something new to show they can't draw crowds.
>>
>>1199168
Way too slow. Vintage story has one of the fastest threads on /vm/ and even it has no hope of keeping up with /vg/.
>>
>>1199168
too slow, when there was a spess game thread it was just 99% star citizen fags posting jpegs and even then it still died
>>
>>1199168
Even /simg/ keeps dying on /vg/ and that covers every vehicle sim in existence
>>
How are Search and Rescue missions now? I have about 70 mil credits now but I'm not sure what to do exactly. Was thinking about getting a Type 7 and kitting it out for passengers but not sure if these missions are still worth doing or not.
>>
>>1200137
Forgot: what I want to do is to gain about ~200 mil in some relatively painless way and then maybe do some ship combat or player hunting shenanigans or something.
>>
>>1200140
This two systems are near each other and have a ton of plants:
HR 6281
HIP 84182

HR 6281 alone is worth 40 mil.
>>
>>1200143
Okay thanks, I'll take a look.
>>
>>1200143
Can't find
>HR 6281
I assume it's HIP instead.
>>
>>1200143
Anyway fuck this shit - you didn't specify which planet exactly. I'm not going to scan all of them etc.
Fuck this fucking game, I'm starting to remember why I did quit in the first place.
>>
Since PP2.0 is coming up anyway I wanna go module shopping. I already have prismos. Should I go for packhounds, pacifiers, cytoscramblers, or grom bombs first?
>>
>>1200442
fss let's you see if there are plants
>>
>>1200420
>>1200442
Biological: 3, @ HR 6284 AB 1 d
Biological: 3, @ HR 6284 AB 1 c
Biological: 2, @ HR 6284 AB 3 g
Biological: 2, @ HR 6284 AB 3 f
Biological: 3, @ HR 6284 AB 3 e

This is from my EDD history, looks like i fucked up and mistyped it in the original post. Sorry for the inconvinience.
>>
if you play without Horizons are there still engineered npc enemies? In the mood for some space shooting but I remember godmode sidewinders and shit tanking my lasers for 10 minutes straight with their uber shields being very annoying
>>
>>1200772
Just avoid high level npcs?
>>
>>1064147
can i land on atmospheric planets with life yet?
no?
excellent, i'll see myself the fuck out
>>
>>1200626
No worries, I'll see if I can stomach planetary herbalism. I was looking at this and some guide already.
>https://cmdrs-toolbox.com/billionaires-boulevard
ED is something what gets really frustrating for me if I play it too much. Need to have healthy breaks in-between.
>>
>>1196165
it's pretty decent, exobiology stuff is annoying but fun and there are tools to make it easier
>>
>>1200861
That a "no"?
>>
File: elite19.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
ANONS FUCKIN EXOBIOLOGY IS FUCKIN GOOD
>>
>>1202145
It's fun for a while, until the thirtieth planet you land on looks the same as the last twenty nine and you're just scanning even more bacteria and fonticulua.
>>
>>1202360
idk it's fun and earning me more credits than i ever did while trading... plus it doesn't make me want to delete the game like mining... also its the whole galaxy... of course its mostly gonna be just rocks
>>
>>1202620
damn I could of really used some comma's in that post
>>
File: elite21.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
space zits
>>
File: 20230727223301_1.jpg (710 KB, 2560x1440)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>1202145
based and exobiologypilled
>>
I now have 24 fully g5 engineered ships. This should be enough but for some reason i just can't stop engineering new ones to death. This is getting out of control
>>
>>1202899
Sounds like you have the 'tism. It's enviable on some level I guess.
>>
>>1203349
yeah that must be it. I never shied away from grinding for hours in games, which is probably why im still out there playing elite for so long lmao
>>
I just learned that you can take a side in conflict zones, domination/conquest type mode with Halo style meta... actually kinda fun
>>
>>1205568
>Halo style meta
What the fuck does this even mean? Fuck off with your retarded terminology. You sound like you've never played any vidya in your life.
>>
>>1205837
But y u mad tho
>>
>>1205837
as in energy weapon beats shields
bullet weapon beats health
stop being an obtuse retard and learn things
>>
Goddamn. Titan Leigong is getting its shit kicked in already.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.38 MB, 1920x1080)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
>>1207011
IT DIES TONIGHT
DEATH TO XENO SCUM
>>
Just got the game. I just want to be a space trucker, what should I know?
>>
>>1207425
Buy shit one place, sell it another place
Set your route to "fastest," upgrade FSD asap so you don't have to make 4 million jumps
The Adder is a better hauler than the Hauler (but you can use a Hauler with big jump range to do early exploration for seed money)
It'll take about 3 million to have a basic bitch cobra 3, a multirole with 44 tons of cargo space, and 6 million to have a type 6, a proper medium hauler with 100 tons of cargo space. The in-game sticker price doesn't include upgraded parts which you should have enough money to afford when you buy the ship

Never fly without rebuy
>>
>>1207425
For bulk hauling you can take advantage of crowd-sourced trading data at inara.cz to figure out a good trade route wherever you are.
There are also sourcing contracts available as missions at ports which tend to pay more per ton of cargo but they're very specific about the commodity they want and to get the best payouts they require you to have a good reputation with the contracting faction.
Any fully upgraded ship is several times more expensive than the purchase price of the stock model, so make sure you have enough to both buy the hull and add some quality of life upgrades.
The Cobra is the best small hauling ship and you should be able to get into one very quickly even by just doing simple courier missions.
Python is the best medium size cargo ship. The best large cargo ship is the Imperial Cutter but you have to grind reputation with the Empire before you can even buy that.
The next best large hauling ship is the Type-9 but it's slow and nearly defenseless. Then there's the Anaconda which carries less cargo but can be armed to the teeth.
The size of your ship will restrict where you can land and trade. Small space outposts accept only small&medium ships while ground settlements vary by size. A very tiny settlement may only be able to accept small ships.
Insurance costs 5% of the total purchase price of your ship plus upgrades. Always make sure you have enough in the bank to cover this in case shit goes sideways or you'll find yourself back in a Sidewinder.
>>
>>1207899
300 hours in and i realised not too long ago that you should set your route to fastest... i had an asp explorer wondering why i couldn't go far
>>
>>1208454
>RIP eddb
>RIP sol trading
>>
Leigong in meltdown!!!??
>Leigong in meltdown!!!??
Leigong in meltdown!!!??
Leigong in meltdown!!!??
Leigong in meltdown!!!??
>>
Well, looks like its time for my yearly Elite Dangerous uninstall, before I reinstall it again a year from now to marathon until uninstall yet again.
>>
File: kerblooey.jpg (26 KB, 565x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1210208
KA-FUCKIN-BOOM
>>
>>1211051
amen brothers
>>
Looks like word got out about splash damage buffering on a Titan's retracted thermal core. Now that'll get patched within the week while the stuck core bug is probably here forever.
>>
Bro's i just got the Pre engineered FSD Drive and now i feel like ive beat the game
>>
>>1215809
>Bro's
fuck me my english is wonky
>>
People really like footfalling on planets in the Cali nebula
>>
File: 452754688.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1200)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
These Odyssey settlements have something special about them. I tend to grow attached to them somehow, after spending an hour thoroughly looting them for materials.

At first when you arrive there is no power, everything is dark and no one is there. Then you light it up and you have all the compound to yourself for as long as you like. It's quite the meditative experience.
>>
>>1216960
based and odysseypilled
>>
>>1217301
It's funny because I never interacted with Odyssey content until recently. I was so busy with engineering and thargoid content, I never imaged it would be so fun to loot abandoned outposts and go berserk at surface conflict zones. It still feels surreal to be able to walk at all in this game desu
>>
File: 1666317266696.png (95 KB, 256x350)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
HAHAHAHA STAR CITIZEN SERVER MESHING WORKIED FLAWLLESSY

HOW DO YOU RETARDS WILL COPE??? keep playing you old boring game i suppose, but yeah, feels good to play the superiour space game.
>>
>>1224690
Yeah but it broke the chat server lol. How am I supposed to farm salt from the Reclaimers I murder without chat?
>>
>>1224690
Why are you talking about something with a total of 1 (one) star system in a game about billions?
>>
>>1224690
you need another hobby asap
>>
>>1224690
ok but when does the game release it's been 12 fucking years
>>
The combat rank grind takes absolute ages oml

is it really faster to farm scouts now? I thought it got patched
>>
>>1238117
I hit Elite I doing spire parties for money and that was mostly Orthrus and scouts, so goids are still #1 for combat rank.
>>
So Titan Oya got 30 handwaved alerts to start this week's cycle.
Fdev is trying to steer players towards clearing those alerts but they still don't understand their own mechanics. Orthrus hunting is not effective at clearing alerts and never has been, and those uninhabited targets will go straight to control which will put Oya's resistance back at maximum.
That means we have to burn Oya down this week or we'll be stuck playing whack-a-mole with all the controls fdev is giving it for free.
>>
>>1238117
scouts are all considered elite rank so it is still the fastest way
second fastest is doing high intensity conflict zones. You get bonds faster by doing them but a the enemy ranks aren't as good. Personally that's how I got elite, after getting to Deadly you get about 1% per battle, it's pretty brutal
>>
>>1240499
>>1244760
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I'm almost at deadly and I think these haz res sites aren't going to cut it from now on
>>
boomp
>>
ED is on sale for like -70%, only 10% above the historic low of 80%. Worth a buy in the current year or nah? Been wanting to get this game for years along with Universe Sandbox and Space Engine but I've always been out of time or kvetching about spending money on a potential tech demo with situational replay value no matter how big of a space nut I am or how much I'm into the ship design.

And just what the hell is the Deluxe Edition and the DLC for the game?
>>
>>1247592
Only if you're okay with a tremendous amount of grind to get anything.
>>
>>1247592
It's worth it if you feel like it's your type of game. You'll either play for 10 hours and get tired of it, or get sucked in for 2000 hours. There's no in between
>>
>>1247592
Depends a lot on what you want out of it. What part(s) of ED makes you go "i wanna play that!"?
>>
Hmm...
>>
File: 2001C Barrier Broken.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>1250238
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
File: zoom.webm (3.89 MB, 960x540)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB WEBM
>>1250256
>>
File: activation.png (198 KB, 382x438)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
SCO makes USS hunting feel pretty nice, even in systems with lots of planets, and lots of signals near planets
Have to be very fucking careful with how long you use it though! It goes very far, very fast, and the speed indication lies if you boost for only a short time(says you are going X speed, then once you cancel the boost you're suddenly going way faster than it said)
>>
Smaller SCO FSDs overcharge better than big ones. This is regardless of the size of the ship itself so if you can undersize your FSD you'll get better SC performance even if you can only jump half a light year.
You can break 5000C in a Hauler.
>>
>>1250238
>>1250291
We should start calling this Hypercruise
>>
Alright WHO THE HELL ATTACKED ASELLUS PRIMUS? I log in after 2 nights of doing newbie training and there's fires everywhere. I don't even know how to manually dock yet, god damn it.
>>
>>1250775
Are you serious
Noobtown wasn't immune to goid invasion
>>
>>1250799
I looked at the Galaxy Map and assumed it was relatively quiet as a place to start out (not much being indicated activity wise if anything in the area, unless jump range is more than sufficient for them to get there), given it was something like 47 light years away from Sol. The news of the Thargoid war surprised me since the last time I checked any news about the game before getting it they were still relatively secluded.
>>
>log in in after a year of inactivity
>jam in some rundown engine with turbo
>floor it
>overheat, flail all over the place
>crash into normal space
>die

fuckin A, probably not uninstalling so soon, if at all.
>>
>>1250805
That's kind of hilarious to me if the new player system got attacked.
Congratulations CMDRs on qualifying for your license. Now it's time to complete your entrance exam WHILE ON FIRE.
>>
>>1250854
I just managed to salvage my attempt at the advanced combat tutorial, so I think I'll be ready to roll out and see what's up by tomorrow evening. Turns out those thousand hours of War Thunder Air RB from years back might actually be useful here. Still need to know on paper about maneuvers and power distribution for sure just to make sure I'm not winging it in a know neither thyself nor the enemy situation. For all I know just trying to get a permit to Sol by doing nearby jobs might bring unpleasant surprises even if it's just the Horizons Space Dorito I'm stuck with for now.
>>1248669
Exploring space. Stars. Asteroids. The sound design. Just the graphic design in general. Going FTL. I already habitually listen to E:D music when cycling or when going on long haul drives with my family especially when on highways during the night or in remote areas of the country.
>>
File: 20240411231402_1.jpg (600 KB, 2560x1440)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
I'm scared. Does she really just want me casually strolling up that ramp in this SRV? Picking up those turrets from a kilometer away already got my paranoia tingling. I don't trust those to not immediately vaporize me when getting too close (even though they should probably have vaporized me at this distance already if they were hostile).
>>
>>1217301
I skipped out on getting the Odyssey DLC because it costed more than the base game (which was on sale) and I heard it got a lot of negative reviews. Is it really worth the 12$ it's on sale for right now?
>>
>>1202642
is that a brown dwarf?
>>
>>1250919
Is that the SRV tutorial? just go full shield and use the building as a barrier, get in a position where you can scan without getting shot
>>1250921
If you want the on-foot content sure
>>
File: 1659388943070627.png (67 KB, 404x217)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>1250899
>Exploring space. Stars. Asteroids. The sound design. Just the graphic design in general. Going FTL
Then i would say 110% you'll love it
Good luck, and safe flying CMDR!
>>
>>1250921
Unless you wanna explore on foot and have an ass fps mode and scan ayy lmao grass then sure get it (I like scanning for ayy lmao grass)
>>
>>1251069
If you wanna*
>>
>>1250925
no clue t tauri i think
>>
>>1250921
they could've done more with it honestly
i haven't found a reason to grind on-foot mats and do settlement missions honestly.
i wish fdev would add ody-only commodities only tradable in ody bases. it would give me an excuse to use small ships again.
exobiology is the best way to make yourself rich tho.
>>1250925
either an L class dwarf or a carbon star
>>
>>1251231
The new overdrive FSDs provide a new reason to use small ships.
>>1250846
We've been trying to test them in PVP and it seems like you can't interdict someone while their overdrive is active. Our very unscientific approach was to have the interdictor flying at full throttle and have the overdrive'd ship overtake them, while mashing the interdictor button to try and catch them as they blow past. Every time we've tried so far the interdictor never activates or even indicates that it's in range.
>>
>>1251303
Fuel tanks are now mandatory to use them effectively.
I could live with the shit jump range but now i have to sacrifice a module for a fuel tank on a small ship.
>>
>>1251329
I've been using them effectively without huge fuel tanks by running them in bursts, even with just 2t on a Sidewinder. Sure you can leadfoot it if you fill your optionals with tanks, but 90% of the time saved is just bursting out of gravity wells and driving some extra speed into the final stretch.
>>
The new overdrive mechanic is making me want to come back. Would it be worth it for someone who almost entirely does exploring, with a little trading on the side? I've already maximized for jump range.
>>
>>1252179
The overdrive is only available on a slightly-worse-than-grade-c FSD, and can't be engineered. However, if you explore from a carrier, this doesn't really matter much. The efficiency seems to depend on the FSD class, with smaller FSDs and ships boosting fine and larger ones cooking themselves, so consider a smaller exploration ship like a dolphin or a courier if you're going to use it. The best use in exploration is boosting to annoyingly-far planets to surface scan or look for exobio, anyway, so a small ship will let you do the latter efficiently.
>>
>>1225592
I wish Elite had the depth of Star Citizen's single star system.
>>
Did they fix engineer dogshit grind and pvp balance? This game had no any ship balance changes for years despite being GAAS
>10000000 shield tanks
>>
Anyone here who does trucking/delivery/long haul IRL who plays Elite?
>>
>>1253506
problem with that is the one system is heavily curated while elite does more rather than focus on a few and i like sc but elite has something nice
>>
>>1253506
>>1253802
Elite has the entire galaxy, which I really like, even if I don't go far. I do, however, wish planets were more varied and had more things to do on them. Way more biologicals would be nice, too.
>>
newfag here. i need to mine some bromelite and trying to use edtool to find the right spot, but it keeps sending me to planets without rings, like BD+73 447 - B4B. B4 has the ring, but b4b doesn't. should i assume the b after b4 means not the moon orbiting b4, but something else like the number of an extraction point or something?
>>
>>1254239
nvm. i scanned the ring of b4 and found some hotspots. but picreal is a really strange way to tell that you have to go to b4 and not b4b
>>
File: elite22.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>1253993
i get enjoyment out of planets like this
>>
>>1254251
bug i assume
>>
>>1254251
Could be the second ring of b4?
>>
>>1254251
The last letter is the ring, since there can be more than one around a planet.
>>
File: afeared.jpg (43 KB, 550x550)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>overdrive FSD malfunctions mid-boost
>it doesn't kick the ship out of supercruise
>wonder how it's malfunctioned if nothing happened
>try to stop
>can't stop
>it won't shut off
>melt
>>
>>1255945
Now point it towards Earth and need4speed yourself into a relativistic kill vehicle.
>>
File: overcharge cooldown.png (50 KB, 164x162)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
PSA: The FSD overdrive cooldown doesn't have a countdown indicator like the regular FSD cooldown, but it seems to last 15sec and coincides with a caution indicator at the top right of your info panel. Cooldown is complete when the caution indicator stops pulsing and disappears.
>>
>Started a couple days ago
>Liked the on-foot stuff
>Take a shuttle out to a system at war
>Earn some war ones, buy a new suit and some weapons
>Return to starting zone
>Buy a new ship and some gimbal weapons because I’m a shitter
>Take a takedown mission in another system
>Had some fun there
>Park up at a port on the same planet
>Mission board keeps offering a kill mission for the whole system, 3-ish different individual target assassinations which I could accept but don’t because there’s also a takedown mission for the exact same area and it’s just on the other side of the planet
>Keep ferrying myself back and forth completing both the system wide mission and the site specific takedown mission at the same time
>Sometimes get a third system wide mission if an individual at the port is offering one.
>Always loot the place dry after each visit

What should be my next step? Trying to find missions in further systems that are all at the same place so I get more than 2 per trip or try find a whole suite of missions as long as they’re in the same system?
>>
>>1256943
You'll only ever get one mission at a time targeting a particular settlement but you can get multiple kill missions that target a particular faction that work anywhere that faction is found. They'll even progress simultaneously as long as the providing faction for each mission is different. The tricky part is finding out which factions across multiple systems all hate the same target.
Or if you fill up on non-stacking missions in a single system and don't need to jump to different systems, you can put an SCO FSD on your ship and just zoom from one mission site to another.
>>
>>1257232
Yeah it kinda sucks that only one mission for a particular location can be taken when you see 3-4 kill missions all for the same place. I was hoping I would eventually find a shutdown/heist mission in the same location as a takedown or assassination mission or something. How much faster is this SCO FSD? Are there any downsides to having it?

Also do I need to offload the illegal goods I steal during these on-foot missions anywhere? Like the stuff in the locked containers that says you’ll get in trouble if anyone scans you with it on your person
>>
>new FSD is supercruise gimmick
Trash. Let me glide like during the landing phase
>>
>>1257252
Personally i really like the new FSD, makes in-system travel a lot nicer, at the cost of jump range, which isnt the worst thing in the world with an FSD booster
Also note that the heat generation is based on FPS(because why wouldnt it be?) so if you cap it at 30FPS its not gonna melt you too quick
>>
>>1257245
You automatically offload your stolen shit into your personal storage when you get into any vehicle. It's no longer scannable on your person after that. Your can sell any on-foot goods you don't need at a bartender in ports.
SCO can boost you to 1000+ C in a matter of seconds, even from deep in a gravity well. It takes some practice to control and figure out how long to run it for, but it speeds up supercruise travel tremendously.
>>
Still haven't played this game since getting dissapointed by Odyssey, is Frontier finally doing something or nah?
>>
>>1257245
Targeted missions set up a scenario at the destination for your arrival so they can't overlap. Kind of dumb I know but it also prevents one mission from ruining another. Eg: If you had a takedown but it's also a nonviolent heist, or a covert heist and the alarm is already on because another mission got tipped off.
SCO FSDs have really low jump range compared to what a standard FSD can do, and the supercruise overcharge chugs fuel + heats your ship up quickly, but god damn does it ever haul ass within a system.
>>
>>1257318
It's fucking 2000+24 how is anyone still tying anything to fps.
>>
>>1257451
Started in 1984 and just never stopped.
>>
>>1257318
>Also note that the heat generation is based on FPS
fuckin lmao for real
>>
>>1257464
lolyup so much of the game logic ticks on frame instead of real time
If you ever wondered why the net code sync is so shit...
>>
>>1257345
>>1257450
Can you have both FSD and SCO FSD and just disable the module for the one you don’t want to use or is it better to acquire a seperate small ship specifically to zip around in the system if you plan on sticking around a while and then either selling it or finding very short jumps to go wherever you want after you’re finished in that area?
>>
Will you wear the skin of your fallen enemies into battle tomorrow?

>>1257652
you only have one FSD slot. You can only use one.
>>
>>1257725
Dang. Is the SCO FSD jump distance short enough to be a hindrance or should I just go for it?
>>
File: oya more like oh yeah.jpg (169 KB, 1280x720)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>1257725
Bugs is stupid.

>>1257896
It's a class C FSD where it comes to jump distance, so it it has 2/3 the range of a class A at the same size. Or 1/3 the range of a class A that's been min/max engineered for range, since the SCO FSD can't be engineered.
If you unlock Guardian FSD boosters one of those can help offset the loss in range since they apply a flat bonus to distance that's independent of what class of FSD you're using or any engineering.
>>
>>1257896
>>1258143
You can just swap the drive whenever you want so it's not like you're stuck with a low jump range when you decide to travel.
>>
>>1258357
Unless you're traveling far outside the bubble and have no jump carrier.
>>
>>1258391
If you're far outside the bubble without a carrier then you'd already have your travel FSD installed.
>>
>>1258427
That's the thing though, the SCO would be so fuckin nice for mapping unexplored systems and exploring landable planets. But at the same time, the jump range cut...
>>
>>1258676
If you're actually exploring instead of traveling, 60+ ly jumps just skip over almost everything.
>>
>>1258932
I like to explore the extreme z axis.
>>
we're so fucking back gaussbros
>>
>>1259644
>reduced damage as drawback
by how much?
>>
>>1259703
20%
>>
>>1259644
Which weapons are best? I've never used anything other than pulse lasers, I mainly trade and explore.
>>
>>1259929
Depends on what you're killing, for how long, personal skill and comfort.
Lasers pew all day but are shit against armor.
Plasma accelerators and railguns are the meta for PVP requiring a high skill ceiling, but you can just delete NPCs by ramming into them and blasting them point blank with frag cannons.
>>
>>1259934
Deleting NPCs is all I would really be doing.
>>
>>1259941
The most brainless way to kill NPCs is gimballed lasers and multicannons
Then fixed lasers and gimballed MCs is a slight step up
PAs and railguns and frags can be fine for NPCs but they're harder to use for not all that much benefit, plus restocking can become an issue
>>
File: 1696099367721858.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
the AXI private instance spawns an insane amount of scouts
>>
>>1259941
You got a few options that vary with time to kill and how often you have to rearm.
All pulse lasers is the slowest TTK because your DPS drops off a cliff once you're hitting hull, but never runs out of ammo.
Pulse + multicannons lets you shred hulls once you get the shields down. Damage vs hull is subject to armor penalties vs weapon caliber but shield damage isn't, so you want to put your lasers in your smaller hardpoints and kinetics in the larger ones. Also depending on your distro, putting your laser weapons in your smaller hardpoints you may mean low enough power draw that you can get away with using beam lasers instead of pulse. Beams are energy inefficient but higher DPS.
If you don't mind having to rearm after only a handful of kills you can go all frag cannons. Frags are semiauto and have to be used at very close range. You can mag dump about as fast as you can click so the strat with those is to get point blank and mag dump against as big of a silhouette of the target as you can, then use the time the cannons take to reload to maneuver into point blank again and repeat.
Plasma accelerators and railguns are kind of a waste against NPCs. PAs primary purpose is to overcome the high thermal/kinetic resistance of engineered armor and shields, which only players have any significant amount of. Rails have a short charge time before they actually fire, but are hitscan like lasers except they also actually pierce armor very well. They're best at module sniping and pick apart squirrely or heavily armored targets, which again mostly only applies to players.
>>
>>1259975
Burst lasers are actually the most energy-per-damage efficient lasers in the game while also doing more DPS than pulse on paper, but their heat and targeting jitter makes them kind of ass to actually use.
Regular cannons deal lots of hull damage or smash internal modules of unshielded ships when they hit the right spot but the slow speed and low ammo cap makes them impractical to use.
Missiles quickly blow off the target's hardpoints and utilities rendering them toothless while also doing major hull damage but they're almost completely harmless against shields, easily countered by point defence & ECM, and the very limited ammo means you'll be lucky to use them on more than a couple of targets between rearms.
>>
>>1259968
Yeah a bunch of them spawn every time the core is exposed and you've got an organized group cycling that thing like a candy machine outside of a weight loss clinic.
>>1259975
Frags have monster burst damage. Absolutely shreds NPCs if you can get most of the frags to land. They even strip shields pretty good for a purely kinetic weapon just by virtue of sheer damage.
>>
>switching to an SCO cuts my jump range in half
Fuuuuuuuck
>>
>spending an hour looking for osseus that should be everywhere but only appears once every fifty miles
I love exobiology
>>
Speaking of exobio, is cactoida ever worth hunting for? I found a planet that only had it in a dark crater in twilight and like fuck I was going to spend hours looking for that.
>>
>>1260804
annoying but exploration
>>1260834
yes, switch on lights and nightvision, happy hunting
>>
>>1261083
Ehh, I guess I'll remember that for the next planet. I already jumped out.
>>
>>1261190
fair enough, not a big loss
>>
So are we not talking about how SCO lets you drop on a wing beacon from half a system away?
>>
>planet has frutexa and fungoida on it
Guess which bios I'm not bothering to scan? Fuck mountain climbing for garbage pay.
>>
>gathering mats for AGF shielding
>just chilling in a groove under Raijin watching goids drift by
It's wild to me that the safest place in the whole system is parked right up next to the hostile hive ship in the middle of it's giant death cloud.
>>
File: Star Dangerous.png (127 KB, 759x610)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>Lifetime expansion pass holders now have to pay for early access to the Python Mk2
>Fdev just stops honoring LEP because fuck you we already have your money
>Offering pre-fitted ships for real money
>Erectile Dysfunction going full-on P2W
Welp, it was a good run while it lasted. Can't carry that argument against SC anymore.
>>
>>1263790
uh oh
rip long time elite players who spent thousands of hours on the grind
>>
>keep seeing name near where I'm exploring
>search him up on edsm
>the guy has been literally everywhere in the galaxy, even further outside of the galaxy than I thought you could even go
Damn
>>
>>1263790
>Elite going full SC
Wow, I already thought fdev pretty much didn't give a fuck anymore but this is amazingly terrible.
How are the forumdads taking it, lapping it up cause they have a ton of disposable income?
>>
>>1263985
Mixed. Some whales are praising the new revenue stream like it's going to keep the game alive. Most are calling it what it is.
LEP holders are malding like fdev didn't already alter the deal to fuck them years ago.
>>
I guess I picked a really bad time to reinstall Elite.
>>
"How dare the game I payed for years ago and spent 1000+ make a bit more money from the players who want a ship... the nerve!!!"
>>
We became just like Star Citizen
>>
>flew into a system with exactly 30 biological signals
I'm going to have a fucking stroke, I just left a system with 20 biologicals and every single one requires three takeoffs and three landings.
>>
>>1264852
I do my exobio in a Sidewinder, no joke. It can land on the head of a pin and takeoff/landing is faster than walking even for close-by bios.
>>
File: overcharged vision.jpg (64 KB, 400x816)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>fdev confirms p2w ship purchases include pre-engineered modules, including ones you'd normally have to unlock first
>p2w ships even have 0 rebuy cost
We are bearing witness to the start of a beautiful implosion.
>>
wtf bros...
what do we even have over star citizen at this point
>>
>>1265339
a functioning game for over a decade
>>
Well, I guess my big exobio run was worth it. Came back to the bubble with 2 billion worth of data and can now afford my first ever fleet carrier. Although I think I want another 2 billion to throw onto it for maintenance before I get one, and figure out the best way to fuel the big bastard without wanting to shoot myself.
>>
>>1266586
Each time a Ttian enters meltdown you have a 24-hour opportunity to make around 2 billion per hour, then tritium cost is no object and you can just park up next to station that's selling it and register your carrier on Inara buying at like 300K/ton. The peasants will fill it up for you overnight.

tl;dr: Orthrus interceptors conga line out the maw of dying titans. Big ship + AX stabilizer + 6 AGF resistant shard cannons = Oreo buffet
>>
>>1266689
I've never gotten into the Thargoid fighting, I might not ever. The only real fighting ship I have is a lightly engineered Vulture.
But besides that, what about when you're deep in the black? I imagine you want an expensively fitted mining ship docked before you go.
>>
>>1266746
Expensive fitting for mining isn't really required, especially out in the black where nobody is around to bother you. You're almost better off with something cheap and fast like a Clipper with an SCO FSD so you can move between rocks quickly and zoom to and from your carrier.
On the other hand a carrier fitted with only the necessities for expo can carry a total of 24,950 tons of fuel (plus another 790 tons if you park on it in a full Type-9). That's enough to fly to Beagle Point on the opposite side of the galaxy and back again without stopping for fuel.

Also I hesitate to call the titan meltdown goldrush "Thargoid fighting". The goids are too busy running away to fight, while Orthrus interceptors slowly crawl along and don't even fight back. It's more of a turkey shoot, if there were such a thing as a $40,000,000 automatic turkey dispenser.
>>
>>1266829
>That's enough to fly to Beagle Point on the opposite side of the galaxy and back again without stopping for fuel.
Damn, that's wild. I'd probably still mine for tritium every now and then just to break up the constant exploration, but that's good to know.
>>
THE END OF THREAD

DED

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.