[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1680019727349904.jpg (102 KB, 616x353)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Early Access is now LIVE!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ci3RzUSKgk
Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2687970/TRIBES_3_Rivals
Official Discord: https://discord.com/invite/tribes
Previous Thread: >>1176915
>>
>>1210314
Reminder to thank Jagle for killing this game
>>
>>1210330
Don't try to shift the blame, Erez.
>>
>>1210330
Jagle won.
>>
File: IMG_6976.png (26 KB, 949x305)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>
I'll play it if it's ever F2P, the game isn't worth more than 5 USD in it's current condition and player count decline, they'll abandon it within a month.
>>
List of trivial decisions Erez made that killed launch
>Trying to sell a bare bones game mode for $20 in a genre dominated by massive F2P games (unfixed)
>No text chat (unfixed)
>Secret obfuscated bots (partial fix)
>Denuvo (unfixed)
>Voice chat disabled by default (fixed)
>No server browser/dedicated servers (absolute requirement for non-F2P) (unfixed)

I'm not even complaining about gameplay. The game is what it is. Which is whatever.
>>
File: 2024-03-12.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
how are we supposed to know what the comp ranks are
>>
Hey listen
Basically I'm just not gonna do it (send a message with my dollars to game companies that consumers are willing to tolerate and spend money on products with Denuvo)
I'm sorry! UGH I know... I know...
It's just that I'm not doing it is all
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
kino game im pretty sure ive seen one of your guys names on this forget what it was though
>>
>>1211073
>>1210640
>>1210455
poor brazilian hands typed this post, game is worth $20 USD easily unless you are super fucking poverty tier
>>
>>1210384
my meme got reposted, mom get the camera
>>
>>1211101
A whopping 500 people agree with you.
>>
>>1211111
not many people have heard of the game, only old tribes autists are butthurt about it for whatever reason
>>
>>1211118
i had like 1000 hours in ascend and only heard about T3 because a random steam friend asked if i was going to play it
>>
>>1211101
Do you even have a bare fucking modicum of reading comprehension?
It's clearly not about caring if I have $20 less dollars, but rather about principle.
Sending them $20 sends a message to the gaming industry that Denuvo is OK, when it is not.
>>
>>1211124
denuvo won bro, they are still uncracked year later for wh3 and many other games

cracker scene is dead
>>
>>1211124
They heard you. And they didnt get the message, they dont care you loser. Google denuvo games. Its shit like starfield and madden and shit.

All you do by not buying is fail to support tribes. Thats it. Stop pretending youre doing anything else. Erez isnt fucking stupid, that shits in the game for a reason. He KNOWS that tribes nerds are EXACTLY the kind of people who will try to rip the game and make an open source mod of it and call it freetribe or some shit, using his product.

They can make their own fucking game.
>>
>>1210640
You forgot
>wasting half of the development resources on failed Tarkov clone not a single person ever asked for
>wasting half of actual Tribes' testing time trying to push some 5v5 garbage
>>
>>1210769
We don’t know because none of us have climbed out of Bronze ELO Hell yet.
>>
>>1211204
denuvo also probably functions as an indirect anticheat making the game files more obfuscated to reverse engineer

for a low population game that makes it very much not worth the time and effort
>>
The Tribes community is oldskool enough to not let companies walk over them.
>>
>>1211328
if paying for a game i like and have fun with = walking over me, then walk over me daddy
>>
>>1211204
Kek, actual Tribes nerds know Midair > T3.
Not saying Midair is fantastic but it > T3.
>>
>>1211101

Sure, enjoy your empty game.
>>
>>1211364
Shame Midair is fucking dead and they're reworking it into something even worse than T3.
>>
>>1211364
Isn't mid air just light tribes rolled into a game? At least the devs are honest unlike Hirez
>>
>>1211220
legionary 1 here
its baically impossible they constantly stick me with newbs vs 3 jagles
>>
>>1211396
At least it captured the very essence of Tribes: fast-paced CTF with fast, fun movement.
That's the core of Tribes and T3 doesn't even manage to capture that.
>>
>>1211151
denuvo antipiracy and denuvo anticheat are two different things
lot of denuvo antipiracy games have been cracked
>>
>>1211372
It was never not going to be an empty game anon, it's Tribes we're talking about here.
>>
>>1211415

Both this and Ascend were killed by incompetence so I guess we'll never know.
>>
>>1211399
>a ragtag group of /v/irgins run by a furry and a BR with 140 ping beaten by a well coordinated and heavily practiced reddit team
>>
>>1211420
those days are over
4chan is new reddit
>>
>>1211442
it's true. 4chan is far less white than it was 10 years ago, the average gaming stock of this website has deteriorated and is now polluted with third world phoneposters. reddit would utterly annihilate 4chan today.
>>
>>1211446
I used to hate r*ddit but now the quality of poster on niche subs is higher than here. Too many piece of shit low IQ fucks that took ironic posting seriously and ruined it
>>
File: 1700446856419830.png (2.06 MB, 2560x1440)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
World First Shocklance-Chaser
>>
>>1211476
Well at least one challenge in this game tracks correctly
>>
>>1211208
deadzone actually had a max concurrent of 5k at one point. more than tribes got. People kinda did want halo tarkov a bit. But tarkovs a shit genre, most spinoffs are failing in general.

>>1211328
every tribes game has been made by company. Its a product, a videogame. What, you think we're doing communist revolution or some shit?

>>1211364
t3 is way better than midair. Midair will always suck because the meta isnt deep at all. Its just a game about boosting across the map and aiming. No positioning, no class choices, no secondary objectives. Theres only one thing to do, and when theres only one thing to do (cap flag, kill flag) it means you dont even have to communicate with your team. Its just aim trainer. Is it more skilled? Sure, if skill is literally just how well you can aim. Its a fucking puddle. No denuvo, free, supaaaa fast, and cant crack 20 players.

>>1211373
Its a patreon scam. With willing participants who love the scam.

>>1211405
ok bro, go play it. Good luck sinking even 50 hours into it without getting bored. Oh, and they added a compass last update!

>>1211476
you fuckin tryhard dude. You play one fucking class and playstyle lol. You sweat so hard in casual pubs its honestly embarrassing. I hate midair, but you, you can fuck off to midair. Its ok. Or at least fuck around a bit jesus christ mopsy.
>>
File: 1693374634867660.jpg (88 KB, 689x720)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>1211476
>Light Chaingun Master I
>0%
>>
>>1211488
>>1211476
mopsy killed me a lot but getting instead of getting buttmad about it he inspired me to try light defense and it is pretty fun, dont be a crybaby
>>
>>1211346
>>1211488
>every tribes game has been made by company. Its a product, a videogame. What, you think we're doing communist revolution or some shit?
That's not what it is about, here, a list of scummy actions by Hirez: >>1210640
The Tribes community is simply not gonna swallow that.
>>
>>1211420
and will never happen again ever, modern /v/ is probably the most low skilled shitters in the entire fucking internet, im willing to bet nowadays that they could get beat by a middle aged woman that only plays match or whatever on her phone
>>
>>1211495
what tribes community? You mean a collection of dead games with 20 players each?

Fuck off. Im gonna play some tribes. I fucking hate all of you faggots if you guys are "tribes players". The only thing you guys seem unified on is killing the only tribes game. You guys suck ass. Fuckin bots.
>>
File: 1664074306687004.png (374 KB, 512x512)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>1211507
>>
>>1211488
>Theres only one thing to do... (cap flag, kill flag)
Right. That's the essence of Tribes. T3 doesn't even get this part right. At least Midair gets this part right.
>it means you dont even have to communicate with your team
Absolutely wrong. Have you ever even played a PUG/clan match?
Cappers and offensive players disrupting flag defenders absolutely need to coordinate their efforts so the cappers arrive at the enemy flag at the same time the offensive players are disrupting/killing the defenders and knocking them off the flag stand.
>>
The most fun I ever had in Tribes was playing Shifter X and Shifter TG mods in Tribes 1. These mods had a regular playerbase with 10-20 people playing on the public server at most hours of the day for years and years, as well as organized clan matches and PUGs.
The cool thing about these mods was the defensive options available, stuff like laser turrets that you could cover with blast floors, blast walls or force fields to make them harder to kill. You could also cover the flag with stuff like force fields or blast walls. With the right scripts, engineers could deploy these defensive options very, very quickly.
However, you needed power or a deployable inventory to use these defensive options, and the mod also had very powerful offensive options available to teams with power, like tactical nukes, medium armors with six speed boosts for capping, an armor with cloaking that made it invisible to players and turrets (the latter as long as you didn't use your jets around turrets) for capping and base infiltration, etc.
In other words, the generators mattered. A lot. A team without power was powerless to stop a team with power. Skilled gen room campers were very valuable, as were skilled gen room defenders.
Over time, as the mods developed, the very strong defensive options like laser turrets and the very strong offensive options like tactical nukes balanced each other out surprisingly well and competitive play was surprisingly deep on a strategic and tactical level.
It's a shame we will never have something like this again because devs are no longer mod-friendly.
>>
File: beat.jpg (38 KB, 500x489)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
At this point I'm convinced the salty comments are mid-air devs in this thread. Mid air looks like complete fucking garbage. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>1211518
>That's the essence of Tribes. T3 doesn't even get this part right. At least Midair gets this part right.

Yeah, thats the whole patreon scam. Theyre making this pure idealized tribes. No one plays it of course, because it sucks ass, but thats besides the point!

>need to coordinate

Yah, by boosting across the map and shooting the guy holding your flag. Thats the game, the entire game. There is no meta at all. There is no defense or offense, no one even guards the flag. Its pointless. Have you played midair? It's LT. Even if someone decided to guard the flag and go for a body block, that fucker dont have mines or snipers or shit, can just run two cappers at the same time and the flag gets out guaranteed, no offense required. Its a garbage game with no meta, no strategy. Its just bad, braindead garbage.
>>
>graphicsfags
I mean, I kinda like the cel-shaded graphics actually, but I could really care fucking less about the graphics. The gameplay is what is important.
Graphicsfags are pathetic.
>>
>>1211532
>Have you played midair?
Yes. I was ranked #1 in it for a while.
>the flag gets out guaranteed, no offense required
If you grab the flag, you're dying to the defenders' chainguns before you get anywhere near your own flag, unless, like I said, the cappers and offensive players distracting/killing the flag defenders are coordinating their efforts.
>>
>>1211532
>There is no meta at all.
The meta is essentially the T1 meta which is described well here: https://playt1.com/
>capper
>light offense (The primary focus for LO is to go to the enemy base, ask when your cappers are coming in, and try to kill at least one of the enemy defenders when your cappers are 5 to 10 seconds away from grabbing.)
>chaser
>home D (defends flagstand even when other team has flag to prevent other team from camping flagstand)
That's the original Tribes meta and that's the Midair meta.
This is the essence of Tribes. If you don't like this, you don't like Tribes.
>>
>>1211541
>>1211548
nah Im watchin a midair pug right now and as I predicted they just run multiple cappers to deal with the hof who is essentially helpless. There is no offense at all. just cappers. Which works great of course, because theres no fucking classes in the game and the lightonflag just fuckin MELTS as cappers and crashers just murder him because its convenient. They were only running 1 D the whole game lol. Thats what you get when respawns are nearly instant. What traaaaash.
>>
>>1211573
You're watching a bad Midair pug.
>>
>>1210455
they really should so 4 copies for $20 so I can actually get my friends to play it
>>
>its another hirez forced 50/50 of 7 games in a row without a capper and a defense with a 0.1ktd ratio
>>
>>1211476
>that obvious AI slop Liama
absolutely soulless
>>
>>1211810

modern dev please understand
>>
>>1211364
Midair is fucking awful. Even Erez slop clears it easy.
>>
I don't know why I bother to read the official discord its full of bad delusional takes.
>>
haven't ya'll reached the age yet where you can just walk away from something you don't like?
>>
>>1212446
>y'all
kinda shot your comment in the foot there
>>
>>1211490
Enter any 16v16. Something like 80% of players play light. You arent special. In fact, you're kind of the problem. Only wanting to play light leads to a shallow experience like midair. And there's a lot of casual players who just show up to go fast and then get bored of the game in a month. Prophecy originally had heavies who were much more powerful in the first few play tests in not so subtle ways. They had sniper rifles and kicked the shit out of lights. The current balance buffed lights to pander to light players. They can now kill a heavy in seconds. If I wanted to tryhard tribes 3, I would play nothing but light. Because the community has demanded yet another bad game. One where vehicles and multiarms and classes and such can never matter due to how Op and fast players demand the light must be. One thing I hate to admit, is that t3 just kind feels like midair 2. And it is failing for the same reasons. There's just no reason to play anything but the flag rn.
>>
>>1212446
>walk away from something you don't like?
For all its asset flipping, bad direction, lazy AI art, shit anti cheat, Erez BS and etc I still really enjoy the game and want it to succeed. So I will continue to follow it closely in the hopes that it somehow succeeds despite its litany of issues.
>>
>>1212500
one thing is though, development teams don't radically change their vision unless the game is getting hammered to such a degree that they have no choice. i've seen it happen many times with other games, but it's a very slow process, and in that time there's a lot of flame wars, a lot of rough periods for the game, a lot of boredom. it's much easier to think "i don't owe them my time" and be done with it, or at least periodically check in every few months.
>>
>>1212446
There's difference between something that is inherently dogshit and not worthy of attention and something potentially great made into shit via combination of greed, laziness and general retardation.
>>
>>1212446
Just walk away from the negative comments, “y’all”.
>>
File: 1706931459508158.webm (2.96 MB, 480x830)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
I want to play tribes 3 it's a good fun game with depth and soul and kino
>>
>>1212604
i can't believe we're like 15 years into early access games being a thing and there's still people out there who think a game will change radically over it's EA process
pro tip: it never ever does
>>
>I don't like playing light
>I don't like playing the flag
You don't like Tribes.
>>
>>1212476
I do better as heavy than light, but I agree that heavies could use some way to catch up to or counter lights. Chainguns having drop off could be removed as a start.
>>
>>1212476
Heavy armor is boring. It’s the designated shitter class. Who wants to shoot stationary base assets or mortar flag stands all day? Who finds that enjoyable? I tried playing Heavy and couldn’t even last 5 minutes before getting bored and switching back to Light. No wonder you desperately want to go back to the early playtests where Heavies were comically overpowered.
>>
>>1212861
>>1212476
Oh actually I had this idea talking with a friend where instead of mines you had a small directional wall that lasts for ~0.2-0.5s. If they hit it they preserve all momentum but in the opposite direction. Mines do fuck all because they are instakilled by even light weapons, so a different way to protect against the meta strategy of getting a big windup would be defendable by the heavy defense if they're super predictable about it.
>>
>>1212857
>t. Erez
>>
I have to wonder if they are just going to dump the game or try making it F2P first.
>>
>>1212857
tribes 1 had base assets and turrets and vehicles. Even tribes ascend had force fields, generators and other stuff that necessitated some kind of offense

If you want literally just flag play and no heavies, midair 2 is there for you.

>>1212864
Oh look, another speed purist. Go play midair you faggot, you wont. You wanna know why you wont? Its fucking boring as shit. Heavy is fun as fuck and it adds variety and strategy to a game that desperately needs some sort of meta to keep you engaged. Also, you clearly have never hof's while 5 people come to kill you and 4 cappers are being pinged. If you think thats not hard and fast gameplay then you are d8phxxvelusional.
>>
>>1212990

Depends on how much it costs them to run the servers.
>>
>>1212864
the mortar is the only interesting gun in the game right now
>>
Heavies without base interiors are pointless.
>>
Greth did nothing wrong
>>
>>1211526
They should something like that in the base game. Modes like that are great because you can still contribute even if youre not a great fragger. Thats the same reason people still play TF2.
All of these tribes clones die because there is no base play and generators are worthless so newbies quit after getting stomped by people that fly, jet, and aim better than them.
>>
>>1213231
Gloat video when
>>
>>1210314
Know how I know this game is utter fucking trash?

During the T:A hype train everyone was posting them doing crazy fucking flag caps and routes and genuinly having a good time, this isn't happening with T:R
>>
I'm an old Tribes Ascend player, is this game good for the same feeling?
>>
>>1213239
>I want to go slow on purpose
You don't like Tribes.
>>
>>1213373
if literally all you did was play light and run flags then yeah, that's the entire game in T3
if you liked anything else in Ascend then no, it doesn't exist in T3
>>
>>1213379
Too bad then, T:A will never live again.
>>
>>1213332
>this isn't happening with T:R
T3 somehow managed to be unappealing to both Ascend and classic Tribes fans, it's probably the worst misuse of an IP since the Prey debacle.
>>
>>1213385
Prey at least became appealing to new people, a feat T3 I doubt will manage.
>>
File: vgs.jpg (578 KB, 1000x755)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>2004+20
>>
Tribes: Venegance, once fixed, had the best infantry gameplay of all Tribes games and that's fact, not opinion.
We had it too good back then.
>>
>>1213377
>if you aren't capping in your first hour then you don't like tribes
Enjoy your dead genre, boomer. Can't wait for another downgrade with even less things to do.
>>
>>1213425
T:A managed to be fast and allow for people who aren't capping to play via secondary objectives which made the capper's life hell like shields, turrets, mines, doombringer missiles and body blocking kinetic damage

I had way more fun solo shutting down generators as infiltrator and raider until they started to rework all the maps to be utter dogshit and giving the TCN a fucking thumper
>>
>>1213018
>tribes 1 had base assets and turrets and vehicles.
...and they were always periphery things for the shitters to fuck around with. The best players were always either capping or chasing.
>>
>>1213332
Because the movement is fucking shit.
They somehow managed to make the game all about light/flag play while making sure the movement is shit and unfun for even lights.
Amazing.
>>
>>1213239
>Modes like that are great because you can still contribute even if youre not a great fragger.
Yes, my clan used to eagerly recruit unskilled, new players who were nonetheless eager to learn - we'd teach them how to use the scripts that deployed defense quickly and they'd become very valuable defenders almost instantly.
I used to use the text chat (!) in public servers to teach new players how to set defense in effective ways, and when they'd seem receptive to learning from someone more experienced I'd know they were someone worth recruiting into the clan.
>>
>>1213435
>The best players were always either capping or chasing.
And when you make a game for the tiny clique of elitists, you get a dead game like midair, soon to be joined by T3
>>
>>1213436
What’s wrong with the movement?
>>
>>1213435
what a garbage take. Everyone and their mom knows that tribes isnt really that fast because the speed is all in predictable trajectories. Thats why every dumb comment in this thread bitches about how this game isnt fast enough, or the movement sucks. They all want to go faster and faster without limit until the game starts breaking in many other ways. Your entire idea that faster speed = more skill is just bullshit. Youre moving in a straight line, shooting another guy moving in a straight line. If you think youre such a god then go play counterstrike, a slow ass game, rank up, and get owned.

Or for real, go play fucking midair (you wont). Its a game custom made for fags like you who dont understand good game design and just want to go fast. I look forward to seeing midairs numbers not changing at all while tribes 3 gets a small but healthy userbase.Fucks like you always bitchin but you WONT FUCKING PLAY YOUR GAME.
>>
>>1213435
And then these best players make shit like Midair that even they don't want to play.
>>
>>1213448
Tribes movement: ski + jets
Honorball Rivals movement: initial boost + slope bounce
>>
>>1213448
Far less ability to change direction in mid-air than any other Tribes or Midair game.
It just feels shitty and clunky.
>>
has anyone tried refunding beyond two hours played
i've done it with other early access games before and just curious if anyone has done it yet
>>
File: 1690666403370903.png (280 KB, 541x376)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
shazsisters... it's over.
>>
>>1213496
Tried with like 4 hours and it was a no. I have played 20 hours by now, so I don't feel ripped off, but no player base is too bad. I thought the game would at least last until June.
>>
File: 1687218141892372.png (149 KB, 2078x529)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>Deadzone was more popular than Tribes 3
>>
>>1213782
>that fucking steep cliff jump from peak in one month
Kek the fuck happened? T3's skiing graph is boring in comparison, it will probably chug along for two more months until it drops to double digit numbers daily peak
>>
>>1213782
Wasn’t deadzone f2p?
>>
>>1213782
Probably would have played Deadzone if I had heard about it. Hm.. That's seems familiar.
>>
>>1213793
Yah. But so we're play tests and we didn't see those kinds of numbers. Shit on prophecy all you want, but good luck getting "" dead zone is better than t3"" out of your mouth.
>>
>>1214217
Popular != Better
>>
>>1213680
i value your effort anon
i do wonder though if the game gets axed in under a year if that option would be available
>>
>>1214572
Maybe the DLC. It does say 1 year.
>>
>>1214298
oh yah, for sure. But for a multiplayer game you kind of need at least like 50 people playing daily or any sense of superiority is kind of a joke. And I think in that way, t3 may outlast deadzone.

Deadzone players got bored and went back to hunt/tarkov/darkeranddarker.

Where the tribes fans gonna go?
>>
>>1213377
So Tribes has ended up like Sonic games, huh. In both series the OG games werent just about le gotta go fast retard shit
>>
Tribes was when every server you joined was an entirely different type of modded clusterfuck.

Gamedevs think ingame chat is dangerous, let alone dedicated servers and custom modding.

Never ever.
>>
File: 1687062811583363.png (1.78 MB, 1489x841)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
I love not being able to see anything because the weapon models are so big
>>
File: 1699044511094256.png (495 KB, 818x455)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
>>1214861
Hi-Rez never learns.
>>
>>1214861
Sigh... another thing that was solved in Ascend and here Hirez is making the same mistake again.
>>
>>1214846
It's all about them having full control of your game to sell 40$ skin packs and the rest is a consequence of that.
>>
>>1214846
damn that's crazy then why did people stop playing it
>>
Game sucks. They zoomerfied Tribes.
>>
>>1215184
game doesn't suck. its very fun and i -think- you might just be a fucking retarded nigger : / oops did i just say that :O
>>
>>1215184
the average Tribes fan is like fucking 40 of course they're going to try to get kids to play it.
>>
>>1215184
Catering to the 1,000 remaining Tribes-playing boomers isn’t a viable business strategy.
>>
>>1215182
I dunno, if it was my way we'd all just be modding and playing Xonotic. The modern commercial multiplayer FPS genre is illegitimate and redundant.
>>
>>1216282
>Xonotic

Open source is great for a lot of stuff. Linux can actually run most games now, and I know their are some great open source tools. But do you really think thats a great solution for entertainment?

>Wanna watch this sick open source movie?
>Hey kids! Lets listen to some open source DRM free creative commons music!

Gross. People expect more from their entertainment. Updates, support, and for a game like tribes, nothing is really set in stone- its not some boring arena shooter- every single tribes game has been radically different. Ascend and tribes 2 have radically different iterations within the games lifespan even.
>>
>>1216636
Just make Tribes as a Xonotic mod. Vehicles are already a thing. The point is if people genuinely wanted classic multiplayer FPS perfection it's available and free. Few play Xonotic for no real legitimate reason.
>>
>>1214861
>>1214901
>>1214921
Big weapon models mean you see more of the skin you bought and they don't need to bother adding an inspect function.
Stuff like this doesn't become bad on accident, it's actively malicious.
>>
Patch delayed. kek
I'm sure Jewball had nothing to do with this.
>>
>>1218090
we wanted to kill it. Mission success you idiots. Shows over. Go home.
>>
>EU ranked is dead
>NA ranked is down to a single lobby during primetime hours
>>
File: dark glasses.png (10 KB, 118x120)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
the music is great, and the funny part the sound guy is erez's kid
>>
>>1218288
the music is inoffensive at best and at worst taken straight from Tribes Ascend.
>>
>>1218288
He should be bankrolling his son's career instead of tormenting us.
>>
>>1218288
the music sounds like dogshit compared to what came before it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpWr83U5pgM
>>
Surely they're planning a strong marketing push with free weekends to build a playerbase right? They can't be retarded right?
>>
>>1218352
>me: Playing tribes while its still somewhat populated
>You: Not playing tribes. Begging like some loser

What a stupid shitty cope. Deadzone was f2p and it got down to literally 0 players. Its not going free you blithering retards, get it through your fucking heads. You either buy it and get to play, or you never get to play.

20 bucks faggots. Bitch and moan all you want about what it does or doesnt have. No ones going to crack denuvo for this niche game. 20 bucks. Thats what it costs. You arent getting it any other way.

>marketing push

At least you guys are honest about streamers literally telling you what to play. Crap like balatro and shit are just paid marketing and its gross as fuck.
>>
>>1218408
You're right, the free weekend would be suicide because then someone will try it for an hour or two and realize they just wasted $30 worth of their time.
>>
>>1218408

You sound upset.
>>
show me some cap routes that don't require thrust pack to work
>>
>>1218590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKI4N8mw8wM
>>
>>1218408
Nigga I'm playing the game too. Nothing in my post indicated that I'm not, in fact the fact that I'm hoping they do something to bring in more players means I like the game and want to see it succeed.
>>
flag chaser is ez mode
>>
it seems like erez admitted they cant get hands on the unreal engine proper (thats used in fortnite) so real tribes with vehicles and 64 players isnt viable everyone seems to forget this fact when they go to shit on this tribes pocket edition game
>>
>>1220089
That's no excuse, you are supposed to make sure you picked the correct engine BEFORE making the game.
>>
>>1220273
Unreal has been ruining Tribes games since Vengeance. I remember when I heard about T3 the first thing I asked was what engine and then I knew it was fucked immediately. Unreal fights Tribes gameplay every step of the way and always has.
>>
>>1218352
They can do a marketing push with making the game good.
>>
>Come play ranked Tribes 3 on Saturday! Event starts at 4 PM EDT in the Competitive Discord: https://discord.gg/t3-comp

>Today (Saturday, March 23rd) starting at 4PM EST we are going to get as many people playing ranked as we can. If you're new to 7v7, over on the T3 Comp Discord we're going to set up groups that have an experienced player in them to help you learn the basics. If you're an experienced player, we'll also get you in to a group to queue with. Or you can just play ranked however and with whoever you want. We're going to start on EU servers, then we'll make new teams and switch to NA at 8 PM EDT.

>Let's get those queue times down and get more people playing 7v7! I hope to see you there!
>>
File: 1711203203012681.png (108 KB, 301x168)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>1220285
>>
Queue for NA ranked. Now.
>>
File: 1688460149783083.webm (1.81 MB, 852x480)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB WEBM
>>
well, its over
testing was fun tho
>>
>>1222654
>well, its over
Did something new happen? or is it the fact that this place is dead because there's nothing new to discuss?
>>
flag chaser is broken people with precision aim are allowed to be anywhere they want on the map at a moments notice
>>
>>1223150
the best chasers in the world cannot catch a 300+ km/h back-to-front. git gud and go fast.
>>
>>1223218
t. free speed abuser
>>
>>1223244
tribes literally wouldnt exist if people didnt abuse movement tech
>>
>>1223150
Hardly if anything its the opposite even with the timer.
>>
>>1223378
Timer literally does nothing against the best skiers. It only punishes worse players. It's so comical they only managed to broaden the skill gap while making the game less fun for the new players.
>>
>>1223331
thats beside the point, the flag chaser awards speed just because someone has your flag it doesnt even register on the speedometer you just go faster
>>
>>1223378
hardly what, the fact that light defense can be anywhere on the map at the drop of a dime because their flag is taken?
only raindance provides some relief from this terrible design decision because there is no steep angles right outside of spawns.
>>
File: tribes_406611_650x.jpg (196 KB, 650x1318)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Holy fuck what went so wrong?
>>
>>1223650
F2P game during the F2P boom. Plus HiRez hadn't established their reputation of abandoning games. I know they did it to Global Agenda first, but 1 time wasn't a pattern
>>
>>1223650
no popular youtuber told us to play it. Thats the cold hard truth that people dont want to deal with. People, unfortunately, are sheeple.

TA was far from perfect, and right out of the gate T3 is already more polished, with custom physics options, matchmakiing, and not being pay 2 win (huge). It even has a higher playercount at 16v16 instead of TA's 14v14 (though ta often was 11v11). Its still fast, but isnt chain hell.

It is lacking for maps and vehicles, but if this took off like TA did, I guarantee we would get them.

I do hear one criticism that rings true though. "Bare minimal product". And I dont think that what they want is more maps, or more weapons, unfortunately. They want a grind, an ecosystem, a live-service and seasons. They just want lots of 'content,' they want a more social experience. Tribes is too simple and cant compete with todays games for the same reason arena shooters cant.

Ill admit, the lonely-ass no text chat shit really doesnt help.
>>
>>1223608
Chasers are woefully under equipped to deal with even a mildly competent Capper running routes. I have no idea how you got the notion that Chasers have the upper hand especially when 90% of current matches devolve into who can rabbit the flag more effectively.
>>
>>1223650
TA was Tribes for casuals done right
T3 is... I don't think even Erez know what the fuck is it supposed to be, just fucking put it out of its misery already
>>
File: suba.png (594 KB, 930x737)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>>1223708
the actual defense should be chipping some of the flag offender's health down regardless of speed while midfield players are ready to finish the job
this fallacious repeat use of "mildly competent" is just obscuring your opposition of centering the game around high speed routes, exactly where i posit the game should take place.
you would rather cater to flag campers and fresh spawns..
>>
>>1223767
>is just obscuring your opposition of centering the game around high speed routes
Yeah I don't think its very fun dealing with the same players ad nauseum blink grabbing while running the same routes game after game.
>you would rather cater to flag campers and fresh spawns..
I would rather defending not just be body blocking from inside a shield or mortar spamming. The entire defense side of this game is busted at its core because the defense is not equipped to meaningfully defend on top of base assets being down right pointless in 16v16. Reworking defense would at least help alleviate the issue of uncatchable Cappers and at the same time make running interference a viable strat beyond hill camping with a mortar. Who knows maybe mediums will have something to do besides dick about in midfield.
>>
Deployable laser turrets for defense. They zap those trying to grab the flag no matter how fast they're going.
You can only set them if you have power, though, so this makes defending the generator important.
God damn I'm a genius. It's not like they thought of this over 20 years ago with T1 Shifter mod or anything.
>>
>>1223933
small indie company. only 40 developers. please understand.
>>
>>1223964
If they just let us mod it the community would take care of the rest.
>>
>>1223998
Mods mean less sales of the generated kitbash skins and that's a no-go. Mods also imply self-hosted servers and that would mean in the near future Erez would be denied his last spiteful shitfit on exit where he pulls the plug and proclaims that this was the last Tribes game ever.
>>
File: 1540797308956.jpg (127 KB, 586x580)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1223675
>and right out of the gate T3 is already more polished
>>
>>1223998
>>1224167
Just make a mod of some other game that supports mods. Tribes isnt that hard to make. You can lkegit make a basic prototype in a day.

>>1224228
It is. To say otherwise you kind of have to admit that TA was a polished game. Which it wasnt. You should have seen the /vg/ thread dumping on it ten years ago and officially abandoning it for PS2.
>>
>>1224228
Did you even play T:A?
>>
File: T3.jpg (93 KB, 681x761)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1224331
Yes.
>>
Comparing T:A to T3's Raindance is just depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccXz29f6nk
>>
why dont they just use a different engine, or customize the physics engine themselves?
>>
>>1224375
its worth noting the devs have said they wanted to flesh out raindance with more atmosphere, and that the current iteration is just a early port. Of course, this was from before it bombed so Im gonna take it with a grain of salt. Also,

>graphics

Im here for ease of access, matchmaking, community, and freedom from old stale game mechanics. The only TA players still playing are super hardcore assholes running every exploit in the book to sniper brightly colored players from across the map.

>>1224384
expensive. You have to hire skilled engineers. If I were erez I wouldnt invest heavily in tribes like that. That would be retarded. Not until midair goes viral and hits 800k players.
>>
>>1224167
No self-hosted servers is really shitty from a competitive/community standpoint.
Back when I played T1 clans would have their own servers they'd practice/coordinate on before clan matches. The level of play in clan matches was very high because of this.
This is not possible now.
>>
>>1224548
theres literally a t3 comp discord where they organize pugs. Hell I was in that stupid faux tourney and we spun up a server to practice on seamlessly with no issues. You dont even play the game. why you even posting lol.
>>
>>1224617
>theres literally this other thing that is inferior in every single way
erez isnt going to sleep with u, lil bro
>>
>>1224628
ok, well have fun bitching about mods (which were replaced by indie games like 10 years ago lol). Too dumb to realize that stuff like midair is the mod community. You dont need hirez anymore you idiot. Just make the game you want you tard.
>>
>>1224521
Graphics that run WORSE. T3 doesn't get a pass on performance when it was outdone more than a decade ago.
>>
>>1224617
Yeah, that's not practicing on a private, password-protected server with time limit turned off.
>>
>>1224669
Also, free team switching, observer mode, respawn set to instantaneous... etc... all things super useful for a clan practice.
>>
>>1224687
what you think this is some esport? lol
>>
>>1224645
>graphics
>>
>>1224697
Lorez seemed to think so when they first started development, pushing 5v5 and tiny maps.
>>
>>1224791
Just say its not an esport faggot. Is that so hard? Its a tiny, tiny niche fucking game with 300 players or less. Its not a fucking esport. This isnt fucking starcraft you faggot. You losers are bitching about fucking demos and mods. LIKE FOR WHAT FUCKING COMMUNITY.

YOU GUYS. HAVE. BRAIN WORMS.

The finals doesnt have demos, or community servers, or mods, or 64 player modes, or vehicles. BUT THE FINALS IS DOING FUCKING FINE AND YOU FUCKS SLOP THAT FORTNIGHT GAMEPLAY COCK HARD.

You guys are bitching about how ascend had better graphics, BUT YA WONT FUCKING GO PLAY IT ON THE COMMUNITY SERVER.

BRAIN. WORMS.
>>
>redditspacing
>>
File: 1377521339729.jpg (79 KB, 607x455)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>1220013
show me your best scores faggots
>>
>>1223831
Super clever way of just saying you want free speed and light defense spam is your ideal
>>
>>1224830
>defending should have more depth
>you must want light defense spam
Amazing take away, ironic even considering the current meta is light attack spam.
>>
>>1223650
>Nerfed weapons then sold gold weapons that were strictly better upgrades
>Gave the TCN a thumper
>Reworked all maps, as well as made new maps where the generator is located directly under the flag with only one entrance, resulting in everyone just dogpiling the flag stand and spamming forcefields
>abandoned the game in a broken state, such as the plasma gun having the hitbox of a fucking boeing 747, as well as not allowing players to run their own servers so aimbot snipers became prevelant
>The issues above compounded along side flagdrag to create a gamestate that just didn't fucking end because it was way too easy to defend and way too hard to cap
>OOTB patch no one asked for that came in and removed classes and perks making the game even more imbalanced and broken
>>
File: diddly.jpg (34 KB, 308x315)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1224839
just admit you want rubber banding
>>
>>1224823
>just don't have mods or any features for that matter and your game will be popular like the finals or fortnite
This is some backwards fucking logic.
>>
>>1224861
The finals does not have mod support.

Fortnight has 'modding' but no one makes anything for it, because, again, modding is dead. Talented people just make their own games now in unity or unreal or whatever. Modding is 2003 shit.

The real issue is this franchise is old, and the user base is dumb and old.
>>
File: 1682568548477203.png (984 KB, 800x720)
984 KB
984 KB PNG
Was looking forward to DM but it's already dead. I'm not playing a 2v1. Maybe it will be better at earlier hours, but what a shame. Story of this game. Just one round of adverts would have done wonders.
>>
>>1224823
Eslop has nothing to do with grassroots comp communities, Erez.
>>
It turns out 4v4 TDM is a nightmare with stacks, AFKs and leavers.
>>
>>1225006
The worst part is that the queue is broken. Nearly every game I've played has been 2 v 4. Sometimes it's 1 v 3 and then it fills to 1 v 4. This has been happening since early playtests. It was a fucking honorball bug. This is easily the most important thing for any fucking game is to simply have teams with similar numbers and they can't fix it. On the rare occasion I had a full game it was very fun. As soon as the game ended it forced everyone back to the main menu ruining the lobby.
>>
>buy skin pass
>first 10 skins are brown/sand/peach colored
i want my money back, erez
>>
>>1224823
The Finals would be doing better if the devs weren't pants on head retarded
>>
>>1225410
>242,000 peak, 26,000 daily

The finals is doing fine.
>>
>>1225415
Post the whole thing

Besides, I really do enjoy the game, but by god are the devs retarded. It took them 6 months for them to address the recon abuse and the most op gun for the medium is still OP

and just yesterday they announced they'd be removing unranked tournament and bank it from the game mode pool and just put Cashout as the new game mode

The Finals lacks game modes and you wanna fucking remove the actually good ones (not Bank it though, Bank it sucks)
>>
>>1225418
>whole thing

I did you fuck. What are you a child? You needed a picture book?

I would kill for tribes to have 27k concurrent. 27k players for an online game is a success story. /v/ brainworms obsessed with tortanic memes just cant get that through their heads. People just respond better to negativity.

My point still stands that finals does everything wrong or even worse than tribes does. All the reasons you guys claim to hate tribes for, much more popular games do as well. Tribes just isnt that popular. And it has to do with the gameplay at its very core.

And lets be honest, its just too fast. Thats always been the balancing issue. Imagine if in counterstrike you even moves 2x faster. It would utterly break the game. And we're moving like 30x faster. Its a ridiculously stupid idea. But a large part of this community want this to be exhilarating like a racing game the entire time. Just free speed whenever they want all the time. Its so silly.
>>
File: 1562382523474.jpg (23 KB, 232x197)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1225418
>>1225433
I would kill for 27k concurrent players shared between all multiplayer game I love.
>>
i think this game died faster than shootmania lmao
>>
>>1225465
>died faster than shootmania

god that's a name I haven't heard in a while
>>
>died faster than tribes: ascend
>died faster than starsiege: deadzone
>died faster than realm royale
>died faster than paladins strike
>died faster than jetpack fighter
>died faster than divine knockout
>died faster than hand of the gods
>died faster than global agenda
>>
game can't die if it was never alive in the first place
>>
>I hate Tribes
>having fun going fast sucks I hate it
>Redditspacing
>>
>>1225605
I bet I can get you on my side.

Tribes doesnt have much air control for a reason. Same with midair, and pretty much every tribes like game except for legions. The goal is to have predictable trajectories usually. Without predictable paths, all of our projectile based weapons break and you start needing more and more hitscan weapons, or guess-base gameplay (both gross right?).

I do play a game called natural selection 2 that has amazing amounts of air control with jetpacks and flying aliens though. Its amazing fun and super fast gameplay IMO. You can trade speed for air control, and youll still have a fast game that will still have aerial combat.

Like wouldnt it be worth to give up some speed for a more powerful jetpack? One that can take cover, change direction? You could start having indoor levels with more cover, combat would become more dynamic. Mix in some skiing. Its crazy we still dont have any cool jetpack fighting games.

Its not going to happen with this game, ever. But if they actually make honorball, Im betting it will be something of a hybrid mix. And I think people should keep an open mind. Tribes failed here. But hopefully fps-z will someday come to fruition somehow. Its always been this enigma that you know should be huge but somehow isnt. Prolly cuz big studious keep making garbage like hyperscape that just fucks it all up.
>>
>>1225605
Do you work at HiRez or something?
>>
>>1225625
>I bet I can get you on my side.
You can't.
>Tribes doesnt have much air control for a reason.
Stopped reading here. T3 has much less air control than any other Tribes game and it feels like fucking shit because of it.
Your post is tl;dr and wrong, filthy Redditspacer.
>>
>>1225840
Did you ever stop to think that the other tribes games are... bad? Like dont get me wrong, there are a lot of great ideas in there for the time. But every tribes game has died and there were tons of heated debates back then even- spawning mods, tribes 2 classic splitting off from the main game, Vengeance tried grapplers etc (hey thats tons of air control why didnt that work?). Then ascend tried changing up the movement entirely. But it still didnt take off. A lot of people crap on the final patches of ascend, but they really just went pack to the drawing board and entered an alpha stage of development again. I remember talking to the main devs on reddit and they had no idea what to do with it. Every week the game was wildly different for a few months as they tried to puzzle out a solution. There were some really wacky patches as they tried to take the game out of a death spiral. My favorite was the rapid hipfire BXT. God it was painful.

The entire tribes series has been nothing but experimentation and guesswork. Every single game. Youre right that the movement is alienating (im used to it, and thrive in it at this point). But how would you fix that? Increase air control as it is and all these easy midairs go bye-bye. And now you have to buff chain and snipers. Thats ascend bro, the thing that failed miserably.
>>
chat gpt please generate a clueless reddit post
>>
>>1226011
>But it still didnt take off.
It was literally the opposite, Ascend was the single biggest waste of momentum I have ever seen when it comes to re-imagining classic games. It took off like a fucking rocket but was blown out of the sky by Hi-Rez's incompetence and greed.
>>
Been a month or so since I touched it, but here were my impressions:
What I liked:
>Fast paced-gameplay (as should be expected)
>Customizable projectile speed inheritance (can make the spinfusors behave more like disc launchers or honor fusors)
>Netcode is a lot more solid than Ascend
>No more regenerating health
>No Freemium bullshit (for now)
What I didn’t like:
>Small player cap, probably due to Unreal Engine limitations (Tribes Vengeance and Tribes Ascend had lag issues that StarSiege: Tribes and Tribes 2 didn't)
>Two weapon limit regardless of class just like Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
>No more vehicles or combined arms gameplay which is was what the Tribes games actually were at it's core
>Base defense and offense means nothing
>Strategy requirement and skill ceiling of the first two games is non-existent
>VERY SMALL scale compared to all the previous games including the already shrunken down Tribes Ascend
>Feels more like a class based arena shooter than it does a Tribes game, at best I’d say it feels more like a class based Legions clone than previous Tribes or StarSiege/EarthSiege games
>No melee attacks
>No Loadout preset options like in Tribes Ascend
>Can't recall while airborne (in Tribes Ascend you could suicide with a key press at any time)
>Limited selection of weapons compared to all other entries including both Game of the Year Edition and Out of the Blue versions of Tribes Ascend which when combined with a 2 weapon limit and lack of presets absolutely sucks
>Runs poorly until you re-add missing fields (I copied stuff over from Ascend and UT2004) to the game's user settings file and tweak accordingly
>>
>>1226011
>And now you have to buff chain and snipers
No you don't. And you don't need busted projectiles either. You're a dumb nigger, Erez. Fuck off with your retarded fantasies about winning over the entire cowadooty playerbase with 0 TTK 0 aim slaughterfest. It's the second fucking time you fail. Go ahead and bring up "muh data" that shows how some retard who only tried this game to kill time while Fortnite servers are on maintenance got blueplated by a T2 boomer and quit.
>>
>>1226016
the reddit posts are just people banned from the discord which is why they're so salty over there
>>
tribes is a reddit game for redditors
>>
>>1226270
Reddit lost the Shazbowl.
>>
>>1226235
0 arguments. all insults.

Sucks that you dont wanna deal with the truth. Just want to feed your dumb ape brain. You can go play midair any time you want. But you wont. Because its not fun to play. Because the weapons are nerf and they ignored this logic. You can live in denial if you want.
>>
>>1226011
>Did you ever stop to think that the other tribes games are... bad?
No. T1 is the GOAT multiplayer FPS. Full-stop.
>if 100 daily people aren't still playing a 25 year old game whose master server was taken down that means it's bad
lol
>Redditspacing
>>
>>1226618
>>if 100 daily people aren't still playing a 25 year old game whose master server was taken down that means it's bad

Yeah. I remember msn gamezone for aoe2 was shutdown too. Lived on in IRC and mods and yadda yadda. T1 is, and has been, extremely playable. And if it was fun, Id play it right now. I actually installed and played it recently. It sucks. Its just not fun. You are not being honest. You dont want to admit some of the glaring flaws that t1 has. The movement feels horrible, the weapons feel horrible, the bases are simply not detailed and interesting. The base building is janky and shitty. Everything in the game is unintuitive and theres no tutorial. Turrets basically instagib you. If someone made that crap today with nice graphics and every fucking stupid feature you wanted, it would bomb, even if the dev was perfect.
>>
>Redditspacing
tl;dr
tr;dr
>>
You

Haven’t

Even

Begun

To

See

Redditspacing
>>
https://streamable.com/pfupuo
>>
>>1226011
Tribes Ascend died because the cash shop was LITERAL pay to win originally.
Then came the abrupt announcement that the game's development was closed and that they were working on SMITE.
Hi-Rez is the problem, not the series.
At a time when Steam was still young and PC gaming hadn't taken off outside of WOW and early League of Legends, HiRez abandoned a game that was in the top 100 at launch and kept a pop of 2000 in a PC gaming era where 2k players was impressive.
The only thing that killed Tribes was HiRez. First their greedy cash shop with p2w guns and later their greed to move onto the burgeoning MOBA genre
>>
Someone at Prophecy needs to suck a Microsoft Executive's dick and get this on game pass. It's the only thing that's gonna save it.
>>
>>1229320
I doubt f2p on steam would save this game let alone Xbots who have zero experience with Tribes.
>>
>>1229320
>Denuvo
>shitty movement
Not worth saving.
>>
It's a shame we will never get any semblance of spiritual successor because boomers only want to remake T1 over and over.
>>
>>1227447

What the fuck am I look at here?
>>
File: 1703922237384418.png (659 KB, 1488x828)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
This image is why Tribes is a dead franchise.
>>
>>1230371
this whole thing is starting to remind me of natural selection 2
>>
>>1230371
Nah thats just why a Tribes game will never stay alive longer than a few months to a year. The reason Tribes is dead because it was mismanaged then put on ice for years, once your fanbase is apathetic towards the franchise its very hard to get them to play it and without players you can't bring in new fans.
>>
>>1230371
lol u mad as fuck at losing to better players
>>
I quit because I noticed certain people went from not being able to hit me to blue plating me the moment I was in remotely close. I think Denuvo only kept the cheaters out for a few weeks.
>>
>>1230371
If this was Ascend my fresh install ass would be in top with triple digits kills camping in enemy generator room.
But unfortunately this is the latest iteration of Erez faggotry where his 2000 iq solution to noobs not getting kills is to give boomers who have been playing tribes for literal decades free undodgeable midairs.
>>
File: 1684552560272712.png (1.72 MB, 1453x1289)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>
Whatever happened to gattocake. Deleted all his tribes videos
>>
>>1232002
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Erez both kept obsessing over muh player retention and at the same time stripped Tribes of every aspect that allowed scrubs to have fun. Complete fucking nonsense.
>>
File: 1693091232477516.png (120 KB, 707x442)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
It's all so tiresome...
>>
>>1235010
Man I wish they would implement an in game store then just throw this shit out as F2P. Its obvious they are going to dump it soon might as well milk it just a bit more.
>>
>>1235010
its literally just 20 bucks. And its 60 bucks to get tribes + both skin passes.

The separate skin passes are only for nerds who unlock 360 skins (36 days and at last 360 wins, or easily 100 hours of game time), and still want more skins.

>>1232002
You can literally go play ascend right now, and a small community has been playing a modded client of it for years. You arent loading up fresh installs of shit. You just dont like fps-z. You can now fuck off.

>>1233637
Yes, clearly this game needs less players. Youre a genius.

>>1235057
Playtest was free and couldnt crack 1k. Dream on.
>>
>>1235323
>Playtest was free and couldnt crack 1k. Dream on.
a closed playtest you needed to specifically request access for as opposed to sitting in the steam new free to play titles list? Yeah I am sure a few people will try it maybe not 10k but another 1-3k maybe.
>>
>>1235330
It got featured in steam nexfest. It was mentioned in every 4chan nexfest thread on /v/. It got articles in pc gamer, rps, ign, and many more.

>3k players free2play game

What do you think this is, a fucking charity? LOL. Those 2k players who like this niche game can buy the fucking game. Like Im all for getting free stuff, but at one point Im like, do I want game devs to be pants on head retarded for me?
>>
>>1235344
>What do you think this is, a fucking charity?
No its a failure and maybe they can salvage a bit of extra profit from it.
>Those 2k players who like this niche game can buy the fucking game.
They already didn't so either cut your losses or try to recoup what you can from this loss.
>do I want game devs to be pants on head retarded for me?
They already proved they're retarded by trying to make another Tribes game.
>>
>>1235417
>whales account for 1-2% of most playerbases. This is a known fact. If they all buy ultimate edition (2% of 2k is 40 players)*(40 dollars), that's 1600 bucks.
Maybe you haven't played the game recently but just about half the 200 people still playing bought the skin pass, Considering the UI and menu are ripped straight from Deadzone I can't imagine it would be too hard to slap a store and some already pre generated skins that those niggers will absolutely drop $10 for especially if it comes with the illusion of supporting the game. Maybe the maths not there but it certainly would do a lot of the people you plan to double dip on Honorball with.
>80 players buy tribes for 20 bucks....
if 80 people bought the game that would have a massive impact on the current player count. Anyone who was going to buy this stinker already did.
>Im sorry but you are just retarded. Tribes isnt going to blow up.
I never said it would, I said it might get like 1-3k players for few weeks which would be nice for the people that supported this game. Considering by your own admission any more profits made on this game are negligible at best why not?
>they are far from dumb for betting that this game doesnt take off.
>I think they did pay for a tiktok to get like 100k views or some shit.
>they are far from dumb
>I think they did pay for a tiktok
Okay bud whatever you say, good luck with Honorball.
>>
If Erez sends me $5 I will agree to play his game for at least several hours.
>>
>>1235417
>Tribes isnt going to blow up.
That turd? absolutely not. But Tribes already blew up once with Ascend, it's HiRez that shat the bed and let it die from bad decisions and later neglect. Putting the blame on Tribes or its fanbase is fucking absurd when you remember how big following Ascend got early on.
Just go meet up with Erez and suck his cock for free, you are really not special for acting as a mouthpiece to one of the scummiest sleazebags in the industry. At least AAA execs don't pretend that their slop is a "passion project"
>>
File: johndeer.png (478 KB, 720x585)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>1231983
Its getting crazy how they always lose when you're on a team with them too
>>
>>1236794
I dunno man, the tribes fanbase is pretty fucking horrible. All of you are begging for the game to be free and calling it shitty... and its like the only fps-z around right now with players.

Ascend even got community balance patches and mods- (all pay 2 win stuff removed ascend exists right now, with various communit balance changes that theyve crafted for years).... basically what you guys all claim you wanted, and none of you played it.

Bitch and moan all you want. The real issue is that players just dont want tribes.
>>
>>1237485
>its actually the players fault we mismanaged a franchise into irrelevance
Ah good to know I think some other devs like 343 industries will be happy they dindu nuffin.
>>
>>1237548
nah thats bullshit. Theres midair, theirs legions. Plenty of ways to play without hirez if you really hate them. I dont know why you can just concede that fps-z is a niche genre. Always have to blame the company rather than admit people in general suck. Its just flavor of the month for most people and then they go back to valorant or fortnight. People hate jetpacks, and they cant handle aerial combat. They dont even play t3 long enough to figure out the nuances of why people like you hate tribes. They dont even install it.
>>
>>1235417
>And yes, Erez pays me well to shit on you idiots who cant do math.
>the Redditspacing scum who has done nothing but defend poor gamemaking decisions is literally a paid shill
How surprising.
Buy an ad.
>>
>>1237485
>basically what you guys all claim you wanted
Yeah, AFTER the game was left to die. They had the opportunity to make a lasting Tribes title with public appeal but instead they chose to chase another trend. Protip: playing devil's advocate doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look like a useful idiot.
>>
>>1238004
>a lasting Tribes title with public appeal

And what is that, exactly? They supported ascend for like 4 years with regular updates and it died anyways.

>chasing trends

Smite made money. Thats not chasing trends. They got paid. If TA made money they would hire more devs to work on it, not abandon it. You think they hate money? Smite is as minimal effort as tribes 3 is. Im sorry youre just not living in reality. Where are the fucking tribes players? I see tons of smite players, not many tribes players.

You can go join the ta community discord and play ascend. It's been modded and has community servers. Its the top post on the tribes reddit. Its easy as crap to find out how to play. I dont like ascend as much as T3, so Im not saying you should go play it. But Im glad a community mod exists so I can tell you idiots to go show up for a pug and play it (you wont, you hate fps z, please fuck off so I can stop shitposting here)
>>
>>1238024
>They supported ascend for like 4 years with regular updates
it was 1 year
>>
>>1237485
>custom client still crashes because of turrets
lol lmao
>>
who are the pretzle nibblers
>>
>>1237569
You disingenuous faggot, nobody is going to go some senile nerds discord server to coordinate a shitty 6v6 pug. And nobody is going to play Midair, period, because it's shit.
>>
>game so ded they went back to 12v12 for """larger""" team games
>>
New patch: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2687970/view/4204747292683009042

Plasma + HonorBall are back. Is it too little, too late?
>>
File: 1697596661066864.png (1.73 MB, 1482x836)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
Someone found a small easter egg inside the base of Wavemist.

I wonder what it is? Cut content? A calling card? A teaser for a new game? Or is this crestfallen robot Erez himself?
>>
>>1241417
The trend of every single major decision Erez has made getting reversed is somewhat satisfying to see. I just want Erez to come out and say
>I actually have no idea what I'm doing and most of my beliefs and instincts are wrong and without basis.
>>
>>1241417
honorball is going to be farmed by pug discord tranny 4-stacks using coordinated voice comms. they singlehandedly killed the 4v4 TDM queue by doing this last week.
>>
>>1241508
Some cybrid from Deadzone probably.
>>
>>1241689
TDM turned into 1v1 which was the best part of this game. And now it's gone.
>>
>>1242608
a hirez dev claimed that duel mode is very easy to implement and is probably coming back
>>
>honor ball is blue plate farming
Maybe it's not bad
>>
>>1242825
Never fucking mind you. You can fly with bomb and phase shield (invulnerability) on.
This is unplayable.
>>
File: 1568553096906.jpg (15 KB, 255x255)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1242843
This cheese was present since the very beginning. What the fuck is wrong with these retards?
>>
>>1242885
newfags discover cheese and think it started the moment they found out about it.
>>
>>1242843
>Never fucking mind you. You can spam jump key and slide on the ground (ski) on.
>This is unplayable.
- Anonymous, December 1998
>>
>>1241508
it's an asset they reused from deadzone (which they probably reused from raiders) lol
>>
>>1218408
ok Erez Ill buy a key from G2a
>>
>>1232167
I hate TF2 for the damage it has caused to every single video game.
>>
File: 1333752247887.jpg (167 KB, 657x719)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Lmao haven't thought about Tribes in years. Looks like whatever this is, it isn't going anywhere so here have this amazing image instead.
>>
>>1236318
>If Erez sends me $5 I will agree to play his game for at least several hours.
I am now raising my price to $10. It's your move Erez, next week I'll be asking for $20.
>>
>Erez talked about needing thousands of concurrent players to consider it worthwhile to provide long-term support
>T3 already peaks at 200 players
So when do you think they will announce putting it into maintenance mode or even "sunsetting" the game (since dedicated servers are haram)? Late Summer? Autumn?
>>
>>1254091
Game goes F2P when the roadmap ends. Then, maintenance mode within 6 months/after the Honorball game releases to minimize bad PR.
>>
At this point they should just leak the entirety of the source code and sell the IP off to somebody else.
>>
>>1254986
jjbobbles will buy it
>>
File: 1710218959025503.gif (3.03 MB, 348x498)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB GIF
>FPS Fest
>no discount for your dead game
>not even a demo
>>
>>1254986
>sell the IP off to somebody else.
Not gonna happen, Erez now has a personal grudge towards the Tribes fanbase for not eating up his slop and will sit on the IP to spite them. Note how he keeps talking about T3 being "the last Tribes game"
>>
>>1256039
Hardcore Tribes fans are begrudgingly eating up Erez slop because they pledged loyalty to the franchise and then Erez blames them for regular people not giving a fuck about his fanfic.
>>
File: 1685523859844256.png (110 KB, 1041x608)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
Save us, F2P.

You're our only hope.
>>
>>1257152
They'll make it F2P six months too late after nobody remembers this shit existed, still refuse to market it in any way and then say it's because nobody wants to play Tribes anymore.
>>
not gonna touch this game until they add more aircontrol.
>>
I'm so fucking happy bros, it's different but I think the game feels good to play. Love seeing all the old player names from Ascend.
>>
File: 1685756565709457.jpg (82 KB, 631x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>1258237
>t.
>>
>>1257482
This and get rid of Denuvo.
>>
>>1257178
They should have transitioned to F2P immediately after the game launch flopped. It was an obvious gamble to try to milk people for money up front and it failed. They're fools for not having a Plan B backdoor transition to F2P. The NextFest numbers were terrible and the game they released had less content than the free demo.

Nevermind that basically all the games they're competing against are F2P. You simply cannot ask money for this game when the competition is so fierce.

>>1254077
Price has gone up to $20.
>>
Saying what erez cant to you babies continued

>>1258352
>Im the customer! I make the rules!

Dude they dont gives a shit about the few hundred buttmad losers who wont buy due to drm. There are drm filled games like the crew literally being removed from peoples libraries right now with MILLIONS of players. And ubisoft has done this before even though it didnt get press. It doesnt matter, people show up to play the games they like regardless no matter how shit a company is. No one cared to look up what happened to the first ubisoft.com when they bought the crew (closed and fucked everyone lol). MILLIONS OF PLAYERS.

People are not showing up because tribes 3 is a bad game. They dont like it. Your sale means literally nothing.

>>1257482
your sale means nothing. Making the game faster would only kill it faster. Not even titanfall could stay alive lol. Fucking retard go play midair you turbo nerd (you fucking wont, because you want hardcore mechanics, but with casual game design, look inward faggot).

>>1257152
>>1257178
its not going free to play lol. Dream on retard. It doesnt have mass appeal you blithering idiot. Like do you actually think doubling player count means anything? Because thats like the best case scenario. Fucking idiot. None of the people who havent bought yet are going to buy skins, they are all toxic assholes who hate the game for some reason. Probably hard as fuck to install enuvo for free cuz they actually stand for nothing lol. What goes on inside that tiny brain of yours? Have fun not playing tribes faggot. All the paypigs and whales already bought in. Now go play genshin impact.
>>
>>1258522
>Dude they dont gives a shit about the few hundred buttmad losers who wont buy due to drm.
Maybe they should, that's enough to double the playerbase lmao
>>
>>1258610
you think they give a shit about chasing crumbs, dude? Do you pick up pennies when you go out for a walk?

Also, it wouldnt double the playerbase. Maybe a 2-3% increase. Anyone who cares about tribes at all has already bought it. I could care less about fickle players that want a free game and will play for maybe a week. Who gives a shit. Like the player bump for removing DRM would be some sweaty linux players playing in "support of decision" and then uninstalling and refunding (after leaving negative reviews for no mod support).
>>
>>1258522
How long did you get banned for advertising in this thread earlier, Redditspacing Lo-Res faggot?
>>
>>1258522
this has nothing to with me liking midair or not. for the record, i never put a single minute into midair. i didn't like the development team. knew a lot of them from when they were playing ascend and legions and they were extremely annoying/rude/full of themselves, and i saw the first trailer for it and was disappointed. for the same reason i didn't reinstall any older tribes game. im tired of playing a game where no one can make you miss. every fps game whether it's a br or cs or ow or r6 or afps etc all have some way for a player to juke you and wreck your shit, but that just doesn't exist in tribes. there is zero dodging ability. it's the same old design of float in the air chaingun then groundpound oh and try for midairs that worked well for the dsl connection days, but is absolutely useless and boring for the modern fps era. you say titanfall isn't alive, but titanfall 1 sold 10 million copies and titanfall 2 sold 4 million. this game will be lucky to reach 1 million.

it's already going to be annoying enough to play this game because the players literally never grew up and still talk/act the same despite many of them being in their 30s and 40s? but on top of that i have to play something that has outdated and unfun combat mechanics? nothx, time is zero sum and i don't need another rehash of outdated gameplay.
>>
>>1258522
This faggot:
>making players faster/more mobile is a bad idea because then you have to buff chaingun/snipers and it turns into chaingun/sniper hell
Also this faggot:
>it's a good idea to prevent players from being able to weave left and right in mid-air to dodge chaingun and sniper fire
>>
>>1258522
t. erez's nepotism-hire son
>>
>>1258522
sublime bait
>>
>>1258763
I hear ya faggot. Go play legions or vengeance then (you wont). Powerful directional jets or grapple hooks. The games have been made and are awaiting communities. The issue is what you want (dodging) is fucking stupid and breaks the game. You have thousands of fucking health for a reason. Stop missing and do some fucking DPS shithead. Youre asking for well aimed, well calculated shots to miss, and thats fucking asinine and players will increasingly depend on chain or other more reliable weapons UNLESS you just nerf everything (which breaks the objective, and makes killing not worth the effort).

Also, you can fucking blink, bubble shield, or fade ability in T3, which is essentially a dodge ability. So youre also full of shit. Also, have you tried managing your energy and skiing well? Jesus christ.

Nah, the reason you want air control is because you want this to be a racing game instead of a combat game. You missed the fucking point of tribes.

>>1258802
You never played ascend if you think that air control would have done anything against the BXT rifle lol. Did you ever even duel brolly on his stupid little hill with his nj5? Like jesus christ dude.

>>1258898
he made great music. Shitty thing about nepo babies is they do have good genes and are well educated. So if they end up motivated (long shot) they kinda do own sometimes.
>>
>>1259027
neither of those games have good aircontrol with jets either (trying to do so will drain your jets for not much turning and leaves you open for groundpound) and cooldown based abilities are no substitute for actual aircontrol with jets. there's zero fun combat in tribes and its clones, it's literally chaingun in the air, groundpound and go for midairs. that's why every other fps beats it in terms of combat. i don't want to play what dynamix or irrational games or hi-rez designed, i want to see a new take on the series. they've already taken a lot of liberties with the game, why not go further and make it so that it has fun combat. every other fps game has some way for a player to juke you and wreck your shit. if even cod mw2 2022 in its most nerfed state had it, why can't tribes?
>>
>>1259284
because the main way you take cover in most games is with cover, ducking into and out of it in fun ways. And in tribes, you are for the most part exposed for the entire duration of getting a kill. imagine call of duty with no cover. you just spawn and can see everyone. you would just snipe them all day regardless of their stupid dash abilities. This is what tribes would be if you added air movement with weapons capable of tracking that air movement. It becomes kind of like this sick DPS machine rather than a game about movement, and the solution would be to add tons of cover, slow players down, and turn into a traditional FPS.

in your fantasy, you want to keep the same combat, roughly (spinfusors). But if both players have air control, then they can start moving further away and dodging easily when reloading and press the attack when ready to fire. This ends with fights that take forever and neither player can do much damage until a ground pound, or if the jets are strong enough, landing far enough away to avoid even ground pounds (legions had this issue). You have to buff weapons, and there is no way around that. If kills are too hard to get and everything is some arduous duel, then players can safely ignore each other and just play the objective, the game breaks. A lot of people confuse "hard kills" and "skill". Dont get caught in that trap. Making the soccer goal 1/10th the size just lets the goalie sleep in front of it to play a perfect game. It's game design, not skill.

Also... blink is literally a dash mechanic and its already super OP. It can avoid a ground pound or midair and basically adds a solid 700-1200 health to a light if used correctly, essentially making them a medium class for free in a skilled players hands. Ive lost tons of fights to light players better than me as a heavy because of it. Like you basically want re-usable blink, which would basically break the game and make jet energy irrelevant
>>
>>1259027
>You never played ascend
I did.
>if you think that air control would have done anything against the BXT rifle
It would.
Would it eliminate kills with it? No.
Would it reduce them? Yes.
It would make it harder to hit people skilled at movement.
This is not debatable.
>b-b-but that one guy with top 0.01% hand-eye coordination
Someone gifted like that deserves success. You, as always, sound butthurt as fuck over people with good aim.
>>
>>1259333
there's a difference between permanent blink, and just letting us use our jet energy to turn with the jets at the non-capping and chasing speeds. you don't have to reinvent the whole game, and if blink is really such a problem then maybe they can do a rework for it. but personally, i do not find it fun to play tribes after trying other fps games for the reasons i've stated. i can keep an open mind for whatever the hell else they want to do with the game, but i don't want to play something that i already played many times before and doesn't offer any way to escape the same loop.
>>
>>1259519
>Tribes is repetitive and isnt different
>plays CoD

I dunno man. fuck off?

I agree that tribes needs to change by adopting elements from other shooter though. But unfortunately that requires slowing it down to become more of a jetpack arena type game with much slower speeds and no one wants to hear that shit. So here we are. Sadly overwatch is the closes garbage we have (not endorsing overwatch, its shit).

>>1259511
It would still ruin the game. We're kind of done with the bxt. No one, literally no one, wants to go back to that. I dont care about the skill or balance of it. Youre arguing with a non-existent group of people that still want sniper gods to dictate the entire game. Everyone knows that sen won the 4chan game by carrying hard. 1 player matters is gross and you should feel bad for defending the bxt. He can show off his skill in a better designed game.
>>
>>1255791
steam has a time limit between discounts, the launch discount went on for a while so its probably just barely too soon for another sale
>>
>>1241508
It's a GA easter egg
>>
>going on nearly a month since the last patch with no word of the next one
>announce a tournament

I'm sure the 30 people they actually retained are excited. It's like Prophecy really wants to fuck up Tribes again.
>>
It's kind of a shame that this game is failing to take off, I really liked being able to play with 100% forward inheritance and 0% lateral inheritance on my spinfusor, not sure if that's possible in 2 or Ascend.
>>
PSA: Theres a playtest for the patch saturday, tomorrow, apply on discord.

>>1264580
fuck are you talking about? Its dead, its kill. They arent fucking up, theyre gone. They dropped this garbage. They obviously lost money. That tourney is for people who like the game and is prolly community organized. Every other indie and AAA company just watched this burn and fail. No one else is going to invest millions in it again. Anyone who thinks this shit is minimal doesnt understand that this was a test to see if there was a market for it. There just isnt. Minecraft, subnautica, many games are fucking minimal at launch. still blew up.

What company in their right mind is going to pump millions into a game like this now? Its just over.
>>
>>1267277
And yet all those had more to offer the player at launch than nonstop CTF and fuckall for anything else unless you hard grind for achievements or paypig. It took Erez being embarrassed out of the community for Prophecy to even float bringing Honorball back.

They shouldn't be worrying about companies investing at all when they can't even onboard and retain the fucking customer to begin with, especially when the discord is full of battered housewives and hi-rez cocksuckers who tell anyone with criticism that they should be happy they get a new tribes game at all.
>>
>>1267310
you should be happy you get a tribes game at all. Theres no competition here, and their wont be, probably ever. You can go play call of duty or whatever, but you cant go play alternatives of tribes.

Also, and this should be madatory. You should have to post the game youre playing instead of tribes.
>>
>basically the entire playerbase applied for the beta
>they have to hand pick players now or else it demolished their steam statistics for concurrent players
>they will do this instead of just updating the main branch in an early access title
this is getting pathetic

>>1267406
better pray you get picked, sister
>>
>>1267825
kek I predicted they would kill both the live game and PTS if they attempted to split the playerbase. pathetic.
>>
I'm offering Erez $20 for the Tribes license. Maybe I'll make some visual novels from the deep starsiege lore.
>>
They deserve its failure because of its clunky movement and Denuvo.
>>
>>1267825
>>1267873
>>1267897
>>1268157
>"hates a ceo"
>pathetic player count
>"deserves" failure (unlike many successful denuvo games)
>beta testing is... bad?

Why are you guys still fucking here? play some tribes or fuck off. I swear this thread is just full of poor brazillians who only played TA cuz it was free lol. Go fuck yourselves losers. You should have been born in America. Now give me ur fucking minerals.
>>
>>1268326
I'm offering Erez $20 for the license, I'm very clear about my intent.
>>
>>1268326
because tribes 3 is a comedy of errors and im here to point and laugh at both it and you
>>
>>1268330
He told me 20 bucks is how much it costs to lick his left nut.

>>1268331
Fallout 76, war thunder, destiny 2, modern warfare 3 are all top sellers on steam. If you want comedy, there you go. Plenty of meat for you.
>>
>>1268326
>I swear this thread is just full of poor brazillians who only played TA cuz it was free lol.
Well that's just the thing, what does T3 offer over TA or T2? Why SHOULD I pay the 20 bucks and allocate the storage space for Tribes 3 when I could get a better experience in Ascend GOTY/OOTB lobbies or T2? Not like it has much of an edge over any previous Tribes game when it comes to player count.
Is the skiing better in 3? No. Is the shooting better? No. Are the maps better? Fuck no. Are the graphics better? See >>1224375
>>
>>1267825
So they released an open, PAID beta (aka early access), but you still need to be hand-picked for the inner beta? I... don't even know how to describe it. Isn't getting feedback the entire (supposed) point of early access? What's the point of limiting the pool?
If you deny your paying customers that, what explanation is even left, besides the obvious "we want to sell an unfinished game"? What's the pretence?
>>
>>1268402
nothing you said matters. t3 has PLAYERS. You arent playing t2, or TA. and if you are: well hello, I hope you enjoy your 12 player pug next wednesday.

And the shooting is better. Bitch really thinks chain, eagle pistol, and snipe didnt kill ascend. Bitch really thinks t2 weapons feel nice to use, at all (they feel like hot garbage). You can put your fuckan rose tinted goggles away. Youre living in a fantasy world where TA is even a thing.

>>1268501
youre entitled to betas now?
>>
>>1268507
>t3 has PLAYERS
Steamcharts and SteamDB beg to differ.
You're either trolling or fucking retarded, you've ping-ponged from so many goalposts this thread that I'm starting to think we might just get 32v32 but only for Honorball.
>>
>>1268507
>youre entitled to betas now?
When you've paid for it? Yes. That's what early access is supposed to be.
>>
>>1268514
look at you being a little disingenuous shit. Bitch all you want I can play t3 at 5 am and multiple lobbies are going. Im happy, your the loser who thinks theres a major difference between 5k players and 300. The difference between 300 and 5 is far, far more stark and you know it. You fucking shitbag. I swear youre trolling. Or some butthurt australian.

You think I give a shit about 32v32? I already played battlebit a year ago and experienced the soul crushing pointlessness of large scale battles. I went back and played ps2 and was reminded of the crappy imbalance inherit to games like that. I played 7v7 tribes and it was nonstop action with no downtime, nothing but fighting for my life. Large player counts are bullshit, all you need is mmr for better tribes.
>>
>>1268522
you didnt pay for a beta you dolt. Nowhere did it say you were paying for that. Thats just bullshit you made up.

Riddle me this, if they charged you an extra 5 bucks to be in a paid beta would you be happy? No, you'd be livid cuz you just want free access. You have no principles. Just another shitbag human. I hope someone rips your dumb ass off. You believe in NOTHING
>>
>>1268524
>your the loser who thinks theres a major difference between 5k players and 300
Holy mother of cope, enjoy the impending sunsetting announcement, because I sure will enjoy watching the shitshow go down.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.