[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hello.jpg (194 KB, 1400x1050)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
For years now TF2 casual has been completely unplayable, full of automatic aimbots. New players have been left completely in the dust. I think we all know Valve won't do shit. What can we do about the bot hosters to make the game playable again?
>>
Nothing
Unless you are going to dox and murder the bot hosts somehow it's never going to stop
Just play on community servers, the way God intended
>>
>>1226390
what community servers do you recommend? uncletopia is about the only server i can find without batshit insane plugins and ads
>>
>>1226315
i only play shounic trenches nowadays.

every other community server is bloatware with shitty rules and tranny staff.
>>
>>1226569
Kogasatopia
https://tf2.gyate.net
>>
>>1226569
Furry Pound will unironically forever be the gold standard of vanilla TF2 on community servers
>>
>>1226315
nothing, just play comp
>>
>>1226569
Kogasatopia, Skial Casual specifically, Furry Pound, If you're trooned out Tiny Kitty's girl pound #4. Are all relatively normal servers and atleast one or two of them are usually filled up, and if none of those work play Uncletopia but honestly play Uncletopia last, even play girl pound before that.
>>
>>1226315
I just play TF2c, anon.
>>
>>1227019
>>1229389
mentally ill
>>
>>1229389
why tiny kitty if trooned out?
>>
>>1227219
TFP is the best kept secret in casual tf2. Its name automatically filters people but it's the only server I've played where the teams tend to be balanced, they play a diverse array of maps, and people are actually interested in playing TF2 instead of whatever retarded meme minigame YouTubers are pushing this week. 10/10 server.
>>
>>1229528
not the OP but I'm on Linux Mint and Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer is completely broken for me; running mods that use it with it set to Proton versions 6 to Experimental causes them to not be able to launch at all while Proton versions 5 and below lets them launch and almost get to the main menu before crashing.

I've already verified it's cache and I can't think of anything I would have done with my computer that would have affected it, I have all the other Source SDKs since 2006 and they run just fine. I don't blame Eminoma for discontinuing Linux compatibility and I'd especially like to fix my installation because I want to be able to play Obsidian Conflict when (if) it gets that big new update they've been teasing for a while.
>>
>>1243318
It's probably worth asking around where ever you can to look for fixes. I've ran the game on Proton 7 & multiple Proton GE versions with no issues at all (Linux Mint & Arch). Wish I could help, anon
>>
>>1243318
Couldnt get SDK2013 going on my Linux machine either. Using the beta optinos and all that shit
>>
>>1240455
>they play a diverse array of maps
I don't get why this is so hard for servers to do. At least the Summer Maps seem to have made their way into the mix on the more popular community servers, but otherwise it's a lot of the same shit over and over again for ages on end. People sing of TF2's praises when it comes to having community servers and custom maps, but when it comes time to actually playing them, it's only the mundane that gets players.

I swear, it's nigh impossible to actually play workshop maps unless you suckle at the teat of a youtuber; people wouldn't shut the fuck up about Vscript when it was implemented, but the three or so Vscript servers that existed barely got played, and even Versus Saxton Hale only got a bump AFTER the potential for it to be officially included was brought into consideration.
>>
File: 1697784846632.jpg (427 KB, 720x1612)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>1226315
i was at work taking a shit when a thread regarding tf2 bots showed up on /v/ and an anon confirming my theory of them being mostly russians showed up claiming he was working some time ago into doxxing them but hit a dead end, sorry but i was on the phone so i couldn't take a proper screenshot.
>>
File: 1690967280170.png (188 KB, 500x334)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>1244664
and here is the link to the thread
>>>/v/672455809
its probably worthless but feels nice to know who our enemy is and how nuking that shithole would fix a lot of problems, even the ones not regarding funny hat game.
>>
>>1244664
it's always the ziggers...
>>
>>1244670
why can't shit like this ever happen to other big games?
>>
>>1244424
Because allowing people to vote for maps is a terrible idea.
>>
>>1248667
Nobody cares about the "big games", their popularity is almost totally artificial. If it makes you feel any better, Minecraft recently got a botting issue proving that it's literally just a matter of accruing autists.
>>
>>1244664
these fuckers need to get doxxed sooner rather than later so valve can curb stomp their asses and get them banned for life
>>
>>1226728
>>1227219
>>1229389
if you can't call someone a faggot and a nigger on it you're a faggot and a nigger for playing on it
>>
File: 1710041739876429.png (11 KB, 534x846)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>1226315
What are all your favorite maps?
>>
>>1226569
Don't, avoid community servers like the plague. Only people with brain rot or retarded boomers who don't play games use these. Just re-queue casual until you find a game with no bots and kick and bots that join.
>>
File: grinch.gif (688 KB, 500x374)
688 KB
688 KB GIF
>>1250368
this does infact give my miserable ass solace
>>1254804
Gorge, Phoenix, Rotunda and Mercenary Park are my favorites lately. I really miss Pipeline though I wish it was played at all.
>>
>>1226569
Avoid matchmaking like the plague. Only people with brain rot, bots, and retarded little kids who don't play games use it. Just join a community server you like.
>>
>>1255169
Yeah kind of unfortunately Pipeline never gets played because the Matchmaking Interface is garbage so 99% of people playing don't queue for it.
>>
>>1254972
Zoomers like you are the reason community content doesn't exist in online games anymore.
>>
>>1226315
>I think we all know Valve won't do shit.
The fuck *can* they do? Even installing rootkit level cheat detectors only catch the most retarded of 12 year olds.
>>
>>1256491
They ban the most popular ones. Or at minimum just remove the f2p communication ban, that shit is retarded.
>>
File: shake it baby.png (1.08 MB, 1069x821)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>1226569
>>1226315
Play on REDchanit.

Vanilla TF2:
play.redchanit.xyz:27664

Vanilla TF2 but Sniper is banned:
play.redchanit.xyz:27663
>>
>>1229528
>call it Team Fortress 2 Classic
>add custom weapons and game modes not present in the original game
I can understand changing things to an extent, like adding engineer moving buildings or the sandvich, but I have no fucking idea what they were thinking when adding shit like the spy pistol with a completely unique mechanic.
Game modes too. While VIP and 4 team DM are interesting novelties, the novelty wears off fast and they are simply not why I joined the server.
>>
File: 1602783877891.gif (208 KB, 500x500)
208 KB
208 KB GIF
>>1229528
Unironically I think Skuna Tuna is a pedophile
>Be playing on server
>Shitting around, telling people how I got banned from a furry convention for outing people (inb4 le "everyone clapped")
>One furry says suspicious shit but that doesn't even matter at this point

>Basically what does matter is that Skuna Tuna, a VaultF4 moderator, was refusing to do anything about the extremely suspicious furry who refused to deny that they were a pedophile or zoophile.
>I am literally SCREAMING in the mic, BEGGING this fucking guy (Skuna Tuna, once again) to denounce pedophilia and zoophilia. He refused.

Skuna Tuna refused to denounce pedophilia. I want you motherfuckers to open your front door and let that goddamn sink in.

Unironically if any anons want to do some investigative shitposting (inb4 nypa), record a demo if you see Skuna Tuna in a server and then ask him with complete clarity and directness with *NO* accusations to say that they don't support pedophiles.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.