[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dragon_Quest_X_001-Large.jpg (363 KB, 1507x1080)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>Wait, I can play this in English?
Yes, there are numerous guides and resources on how to get the game translated via DQX Clarity.
>How much is translated?
The entire main story up to the end of version 6.5 is hand translated, while all of the quest and regular NPC dialogue use machine translations because the dialogue for them is stored on the game servers instead of in the game data itself.
>Do i need a VPN to play?
The United States are unblocked but if you live in any other country that isn't the USA or Japan then a VPN is required.
>How long is the free trial?
You can play for free up to a point in Version 2.3, the end of the first expansion, then you have to purchase the All in One pack and a subscription after your first month with the full game.
A payment and subscription guide is on DQXAbbey.
>DQXAbbey Website with many resources and links to guides
https://dqxabbey.com/
>Set Up Guide
https://dqxabbey.com/pages/getting_started.html
>Translation Tools
https://dqx-translation-project.github.io/
>Japanese Story Quest Guide (Use a translation tool)
https://dq10.i-k-e.net/story/
>Japanese Useful Quest Guide (Use a Translation Tool
https://dq10.i-k-e.net/quest/func/
>Japanese Quest List and Guides (Use a translation tool)
https://dragon-quest.jp/ten/quest/number.php
>Game Wiki
https://ethene.wiki/wiki/Main_Page
>Vocation List
https://ethene.wiki/wiki/Vocations
>>
I prefer ARK Survival Evolved.
>>
I should get back to playing the free trial on this, it was pretty fun, good for practicing Japanese too.
>>
File: 1701337612677327.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Been playing for a couple weeks
I'm having fun
>>
File: anlucia.png (1.52 MB, 1000x1014)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>
Is the story any good? I'm a weirdo who plays MMO's for their stories. Did FFXI a bit ago, was absolute kino. I know DQ isn't exactly known for its story, but still.
>>
>>1254059
>Did FFXI a bit ago, was absolute kino
based
from what I've played (base game and a bit of version 2) it's pretty good
a lot of side quests are surprisingly fleshed out as well
>>
My friends begged me for years to play and last night I finally caved and played. We spent 8 hours straight just fucking gaming. It was so fun. They made new characters to play with me and going through side quests together was neat. Beating up on trash was fun. But the boss battles were so fun. I can't wait until we get to the higher level stuff.
At the moment I'm playing Minstrel because that's something they never leveled on their mains. It feels good to feel useful, dazzling bosses so they miss their attacks.
The game is so fun bros and I can't wait to play more of it. I'm just not sure what I should do when I play solo cause I don't wanna progress too much without them, but I'm totally fine replaying the main quests when they're on.
>>
>>1254059
I just beat version 1 the other day and thought it was pretty good. The stories revolving around the Puklipo were my favorites.
>>
File: 20240418-2146_696901688.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>1254491
Me on the right. (she's not a child just a short elf, it's based on my GF)
Got 6 key emblems and am going to get all 10 before I finish Version 1
I am in love with Armamentalist but I'm gimped until I upgrade my skill cap because I can't see an enemies weakness yet. Until then I'm repeatedly switching trying to find what's fun. I like Pirate a fuckton too but I feel too strong atm doing V1 stuff with Pirate.
>>1259306
I thought I would hate the Pukulipo cause I've never been a fan of races like that (Gnomes, Lalafell, etc)
But nah they ended up being so fucking cute and amazing and they're all really fun and their faces make me giggle everytime.
Instead I DESPISE the dwarves. They're so hideous.
>>
>>1259917
I don't mind the dwarves I think they'd be better with some kind of pointy ears like goblins but I guess that'd take away from the elves.
>>
File: 1703807498729213.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>1259917
Pukus also took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting to like them so much
even though he's a huge Mary Sue I can't help but soiface every time Fostail shows up
>>
Does the combat ever get interesting? It's not like Dragon Quest games are known for their depth of combat to begin with, but this seems even more simplistic because you're only controlling one character. Granted I'm only to level 55, and maybe complexity varies depending on job as well.
>>
>>1261521
I'm new as well but it feels like encounter design starts to get more complex later on, like the final boss of 2.0 had actual shit you have to pay attention for or you'll kill your group. It helps that I have a friend group playing and I'm not just solo with AI. Also it might be the vocation you're playing because Death Master on unlock has a lot more going on mechanically than like Warrior. I barely know anything about the game though I could be wrong since I've only just started playing about a week ago.
>>
>>1261521
as that other anon said things get more complex and the difficulty starts ramping up as you go through the expansions, particularly once you get into Version 3 content
>>
File: goblin.png (334 KB, 571x547)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>
>>1249616
>Activating the Windows Free Trial
what does that mean? does the game have a subscription cost? or what is this "free trial"
>>
>>1269559
>does the game have a subscription cost?
yes, it's like ¥1200 per month
>>How long is the free trial?
>You can play for free up to a point in Version 2.3
>>
>>1269572
keep in mind that the trial is free up to a point in 2.3 with restrictions. You cannot use auction house, speak in local chat (which would be fine but some quests require you to say something in local chat to complete), have a cap on mini medals and some other things
>>
>>1269572
>>1269607
Well that's dissuading
How bad is it?
Is it coat of paint over WoW or XIV?
>>
>>1270711
It is not a WoW clone in any way, shape, or form.
>>
File: 1685693285529390.jpg (1.74 MB, 2560x1440)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
Love the game but I haven't really played in a year. Finished V5 then just kind of fell off of it for whatever reason.
V4 is easily my favorite version and just thinking about Mereade's story is enough to get me a bit misty eyed to this day. Games great if you're just a fan of Dragon Quest you don't even have to care about MMOs because it's a Dragon Quest game first and foremost and I think every version save maybe V1 has a story that is as good or better than any single player Dragon Quest game.
>>
>>1270711
not at all, its more like a normal rpg with ATB, similar to how ff11 did it but its a bit different compared to ff11. Its not like 11 where you can buff up outside of battle and then pull a mob battles start from 0 every time you walk into a mob in the overworld. Tanking is kind of interesting with the weight/pushing system
>>
>>1270711
I haven't played retail FFXI from what I've heard it's pretty similar to that
though I'd say it's a Dragon Quest game first and an MMO second
>>
How solo friendly is it?
>>
>>1271006
for better or worse it's very solo friendly
there's a rental system that let's you hire other people's characters while they're offline, it's capped at +10 levels from your highest leveled job, but the cap is removed for friends or guild members
so if you join a guild you can just hire a party of max level characters to carry you through the whole story
>>
bump
>>
Anlucia gets me feeling a type of way
>>
File: 1686500152326123.jpg (47 KB, 879x968)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>MMO? Yes I better ask if I can play entirely alone.
>>
File: 1698154915174503.jpg (184 KB, 900x1320)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>1281707
Best girl in the entire series tbdesu

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.