[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FixTF2.jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
With WeezyTF2's (a popular TF2 YouTuber) new video talking about SaveTF2 that came out a few days ago. It has reignited the sense of SaveTF2 and that it might happen again.

>What is/was #SaveTF2?
It was an online movement made by the TF2 community back in 2022 to raise awareness of the neglect from Valve, the developer, regarding the issue of cheaters and bots plaguing the game among other issues that the game has. The original #SaveTF2 movement was quite successful yet it did not achieve its full potential.

>What did #SaveTF22 do?

#SaveTF2 did many things such as getting the hashtag to be number one on Twitter promoting it everywhere, and signing a petition on change.org.

>What is the point of #FixTF2?

While #SaveTF2 was impactful in terms of Valve updating the game, there was clearly not enough done to fix the issue as bots and cheaters are still rampant to this day. #FixTF2 is a resurgence of #SaveTF2 and I, alongside much of the TF2 community, hope that it will leave more impact than the original.

>Bro TF2 is like 20 years old its dead

Many games that are as old if not older than TF2 are still alive. Things like WoW, Runescape, Cs 1,6, Og Cod, Gta 4/5, etc are still popular. If TF2 should be dead because its old, then all the games I just mentioned should also die.

>Just move on to something like OW2.

Remember the outcry by fans of OW1 when OW2 came out. If die hard fans quit over OW2 and refuse to play, why would TF2 fans do the same? Yes the OW1 servers are shut down and its hopeless but the TF2 servers arent.

>Why even bother again?

#SaveTF2 failed because the community pussied out right at the end. Many still think what the point is if it will be futile. The answer is that for the past 5-10 years, we have done nothing to try to fix the bot problem. So now, when we are about to give it a shot that may have an impact, yall are like "its not worth it bozo" ?

TL;DR: Spread the word about #FixTF2, lets show Valve we are not pussies
>>
You forgot the part where it was proven that 2/3 of Steam's reported player count for TF2 is bots either farming items or griefing games.
>>
>#SaveTF2 failed because the community pussied out right at the end.
i thought it was because it was a massive circlejerk by the perpetrators and the bugmen who don't even play tf2 to kickstart coomer shit like mimi sentry and what not.
just look at the shitty "SOPA DE MACACO" appropriation "update" that came out like a month ago. it's atrocious, let alone they allowed years old submissions to be astroturfed into it even if they have nothing to do with the theme.
fuck this community and valve.
>>
just let tf2 die, valve does not give a shit and the community is too split/autistic/retarded to do anything about it
>>
When im in a being an annoying whiny tranny competition and my opponent is a tf2fag
>>
File: aMHcoYtu_o.png (264 KB, 749x449)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
i think tf2 will die regardless
>>
who gives a shit. tf2 destroyed multiplayer games with microtransation shit
>>
File: mating.jpg (53 KB, 558x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1297396
y not just play le community servers
>>
>>1300615
name one good community server that isn't dead
>>
File: box.png (14 KB, 217x86)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1301151
click this box and join whatever server shows up
>>
>>1301151
kogasatopia
>>
>>1297396

Next game from Valve will basically bring back elements of TF2, Dota and CS and merge everything in one game. The art will be very similar.

That's why they don't give a shit about TF2. Just wait for their new game and see if it's worth something good. Valve can do great things when under pressure but they can also take the lazy route and fuck everyone over.

Let's see what happens.
>>
>>1301339
It's all 2fort and trade
>>
File: tftover.jpg (41 KB, 640x360)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1302288
damn
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (406 KB, 1237x515)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>1297396
What do you mean "issue of cheaters"? You mean anyone outside your discord tranny para social group, or people who don't care about being "passionate" about an old ass game being kept of 2fort/turbine/dustbowl life support. You can get Fedoraware triggerbot working in under 3 minutes. No reasonable adult would have legitimate fun or novel experience playing tf2 after like 2014. It becomes even more grim when you realize Overwatch sucks ass and is populated by 12 year olds
>>
>>1301151
dare i say uncel topia
>>
File: e6e.png (178 KB, 899x570)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>1297396
Save TF2 failed because the people promoting it were also part of the problem killing the game in the first place, namely compfags who hate fun and want every weapon they don't like nerfed into the fucking dirt even if it makes some classes completely unviable in their own gay metagames
>>
>>1297552
>drops no longer tradable
or
>everyone on steam gets tf2 item drops
there I fixed it
>>
Nothing will happen. I hate it.
>>
>>1297396
go back
>>
>casual and comp matchmaking released
>Everyone complains (rightfully) because the new modes are awful and a poor replacement for the quick match system
>Anyone with a brain continues to play on community servers
>Bots appear and make casual even worse than it already was
>I'm supposed to care because weeb faggot YouTubers have run out of content to make from this 17 year old corpse of a game
>>
>>1297396
It's not like there's a huge button at Valve HQ labelled "Allow bots in TF2". What sort of solution are you expecting? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgkgsgaBBCA shows why the bot problem isn't a matter of just pressuring Valve.
>>
>>1297396
Anon, let it go and move on. This is about to be a 17 year old game. I remember in 2007 when I started playing it religiously and did so for years after. It was a great time and the variety of /v/ servers from Aids Pool, Idorts, Old Van, Toycove that existed were a blast to play on. I have memories, good memories. But nothing will bring that back. All of the sane people have left a very long time ago, i'm now almost twice the age i started playing, and the game's identity had been stripped away since 2010 when microtransactions were introduced. The feelings I have for TF2 during 2007-2010 will always be with me, but I also understand that the game coincides with my young adulthood in college and 2000's era internet. None of this can brought back, but I can cherish those memories and leave it at that. You must do this as well.
Just let it go.
>>
>>1302675
Can someone explain something to me?

Why in TF2 do some crits not look like crits? Like there's a rocket heading toward me which is very clearly NOT a critical rocket, but when it hits me I die and the kill feed shows it was a crit.

I've tried googling this topic many times on and off over the years and I can't find a single fucking person talking about this. All I see is discussion on whether crits should be random or not, but nobody talking about why they don't LOOK like crits?

And I swear the rate at which it occurs is like 10x higher when you're an engineer carrying gear, or a medic with a full uber charge.
I really think there's some hidden logic that's trying to decide whether something is a crit AFTER it hits someone, rather than before. And that irritates me on many levels. For one because then you eliminate one major skill from the game: dodging crits. And secondly because it makes me wonder if this is a part of some "engagement optimization" system...
Please tell me there's some other explanation for it.
>>
Why does it hurt so much? Why does it hurt when I can't play TF2 anymore?
>>
>>1302209
>implying the game won't be plagued with cheaters (or bots if F2P) from day 1
>>
File: savemym.png (287 KB, 500x498)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>1297396
play on a fucking community server you autistic ladder tranny
>>
>>1301151
basedtopia
>>
>>1314839
Name ONE(1) populated vanilla community server.
>>
valve hopes their new mobafps will replace tf2 probably

they need a new cash cow

these old IPs are tapped out
>>
File: tf2today.png (607 KB, 676x676)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
Casual is in the toilet so I spent two years playing on the furry pound #4 because of it, but the staff is shit and banned all the cool regulars. Not many good community servers anymore.

I just want to game.
>>
TF2 is dogshit plain and simple
https://github.com/RosneBurgerworks
#KillTF2
#DeathToTF2
#SupportTF2BotHosters
#TF2MostOverratedGame
>>
>>1297396
If you think valve will do anything other than a one time fix for the current bot problem like when they took down the cathook github you are genuinely retarded

There's no way they will keep the tide of bots off the game when they can just release deadlock and forget about tf2
>>
>>1315830
I love the carrot and stick approach Valve has with its gullible and severely autistic fanbase. It's a rinse and repeat cycle of giving them blueballs. And just keep coming back for more like the simps they are.
>>
Valve doesn’t care anymore. As soon as Gabe dies it’s going to become the next Activision/Epic/etc
>>
>>1314887
The Furry Pound
>>
>>1297396
>things like [...] CS 1.6 are still popular
Counter-Strike 1.6 persists because people actually play on community servers. TF2trannies would rather all announce to the world
>yes, there are almost 10,000 vanilla servers worth of us signing this petition
>no, we won't actually play on the community servers
>why not?
>because we're whiney bitches that put the onus on the next guy to actually be the one to hop into the server first
>without matchmaking, I'm a whiny little piss baby that's too insecure to be the one to join a server first
>please save me Valve!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite part is when they go on this tirade as if Casual is still bleeding players from private servers, even though the whole point of this bitching and whining is that Casual is absolutely unplayable and everyone has known this for years now
>>
>>1317063
Yep. Unless one of his sons was groomed to take over the company, it usually ends with it going publicly traded or sold. Gabe's practically semi-retired at this point. He has so much money that he doesn't give a fuck. All that good will nonsense he spewed in the 2000's was bullshit and only done to promote Steam in a time when Steam wasn't the defacto ruler of PC gaming..
>>
>>1314887
tinykitty's girlpound
>>
>>1307814
This
>>
File: killtf2.png (2.61 MB, 2048x2304)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
Every single other multiplayer game that is 15+ years old is doing just fine without developer intervention, why does TF2 need saving
>>
>>1318211
It really pisses in my grits, because the one thing I always, ALWAYS hear about dedicated servers is that there's "always a chance to play, even if the dev abandons the game," and TF2 is one of the games that typically gets cited in both that regard and "carrying the torch of the old school multiplayer way to play," but now that the chips are down, they're flipping over the board and begging for matchmaking to come back or else they won't play at all.
>>
>>1315824
you're an homosexual
>>
>>1317155
community servers are nothing but 2fort and dustbowl 24/7
>>
>>1318509
You negros keep saying this, and what's funny is: even if it was true, all that would take for you to change it would be to actually play the goddamn game.
>>
>>1318505
BOT HOSTING TUTORIAL: https://youtu.be/bNoTEz2_BqY
>>
File: 952234592063086672.gif (41 KB, 96x96)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>1318509
You can run your own community server that isn't 24/7 2fort or dustbowl

You're just too lazy or incompetent to do it or encourage someone who isn't a flaming homo like unkle cuck to do it for you.
>>
File: unknown (7).png (108 KB, 256x241)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
Community servers are definately the way to go.

if the ecelebs get their way they'll start pushing for even more faggotory in TF2 than they already have, random crits and random spread and compfag banlists might be shoved into 'casual' next.
>>
>>1297396
>Many games that are as old if not older than TF2 are still alive. Things like WoW, Runescape, Cs 1,6, Og Cod, Gta 4/5, etc are still popular. If TF2 should be dead because its old, then all the games I just mentioned should also die.
Unironically yes. Not even trolling. Move the fuck on.
>>
File: 41289305689358902.png (270 KB, 720x983)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>1320699
this but unironically
>>
tf2 would be alive if cosmetics and official servers didn't exist
>>
They will save tf2 by letting it die and hope you go to that new hero shooter game and spend money there
>>
File: FV5ZV3rUsAIiYeU.jpg (155 KB, 1500x1630)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
I wonder how many troons with unusual NFTs will off themselves when they realize the $5000+ they spent on them is now worthless
>>
>>1320882
Unlike other assholes in the industry, Gaben cares about us, the consumer.
>>
>>1321071
They just gone keep making youtube videos pretending the game isn't dead. Live a lie.
>>
An anon from /tf2g/ went to their offices all day dressed as scout yesterday.
The employees engaged him at first but then some sort of message was presumably sent out as even the same employees who acknowledged him were blanking him after 9:30am.
>>
>>1297396
#killltf2, #rapeandskullfucktf2, #munttf2

fucking jewtuber e-celebs RUINED this fucking game by begging the devs to implement matchmaking and fucking destroying the valve dedicated server experience because they couldnt get fragging clips against actually experienced players cause they are all fucking horrible at this game
>>
>>1321188
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1324038
>retarded autist thinks they're engaging him in a positive manner and not just outright mocking him
That's always funny when a sperg encounters a situation like that and can't figure it out
>>
>>1324673
Mann Co ruined this game
>to implement matchmaking and fucking destroying the valve dedicated server experience
Anon, most communities, even the numerous old /v/ servers that started in 2007-08 were starting to really dry up and die in 2013-2015 (Around the time fightingamphibians imageboard died).
Meanwhile the browser was being flooded with non-conventional servers, which started with achievement servers after the Medic Update in 08, idle servers with hats in 09, trade servers in 2010 after mann co, VSH servers in 2011 ect. Valve's idea of MyM wasn't a bad idea on paper, but obviously they had no intention of anything but placing the game on indefinite autopilot after 2006-2007.
>>
>>1315824
when you kill yourself your parents are going to use your birth name (male) on your tombstone
>>
>>1307814
>he says, posting on 4chan
>>
>>1330231
Correct.
>>
File: virginia.jpg (132 KB, 941x944)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>1297396
If I hosted a server (east coast), what maps would you guys want to play on?
>>
>>1302288
And it's matchmaking's fault. I hope they get more fucking bots so valve can kill matchmaking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.