[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.jpg (13 KB, 225x225)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
sup /vm/, I've been waiting a while to post this and have discussed it with several people, and I'm curious as to what others' opinions are on this.
So BattleBit, as many of you know, was a highly anticipated release. I was super excited personally. Though I've noticed some things that really rub me the wrong way, and so have many others I've spoke to in game, and in various servers.
Long story short; Censorship. Not only censorship of text chat/voice chat, but they also seemingly are removing negative reviews on Steam. At first I assumed my review had been auto denied by Steam, even though it didn't contain anything that is normally against the rules. Then I spoke with others who are on my FL on Steam, and they mentioned their reviews had been removed also, and they were correct. Previous reviews I had seen from said friends were no where to be found.
Frankly I'm just sick of censorship in video games and the patrolling of voice chats. It's to the point people aren't even speaking in game anymore due to fears of being banned, which is absolutely insane. Not to mention the cheating problem that is beginning to pop up, but it seems the devs are more concerned about people saying mean things. That's one thing, but to actively delete negative reviews, especially those related to the subject of censorship, seems pretty scummy and sus.
I have been playing more recently and it's 100% true that chatting (vc or text) is pretty much entirely dead.
So what's your opinion on this /vm/?
>>
>wall of text
hard pass
>>
>>1354460
whatever
>>
it was a fotm game that has passed, the devs took to long to update and now that they are they are going in all directions and are full retard.
>>
>>1354460
tl;dr?
I only recently started playing since I'm a contrarian and didn't want to be playing FOTM gameslop. Didin't really like the pervasive anticheat either, but hey, that's the price we all pay for letting chiggers past the firewall of China. I'm a massive Battlefag, so Battlebit checks a lot of boxes for shit that I've been wanting in-game. Shit like dragging teammates, local voice chat, downing helis, etc, just feels like a no-brainer to include in any Battlefield entry, but either Frostbite is too niggerlicious of an engine, or the devs have gone full retard and are still arguing over that faggotry that caught them up back with V. The only thing that I haven't entirely gotten used to is the ttk; I feel like it's too fast and that I get beamed by everyone else, but that's a skill issue on my part no doubt; I'm new to PC gaming, so it makes sense.

Regarding censorship, I've already gotten banned twice for saying chud-like shit (emphasis on chud-"like"). Nothing that's in poor taste; I don't saying "nigger" or shit like that in chat, but I do like to mess around--banter would be more appropriate; I'm not calling others straight-up faggots. I'm pretty sure that It's happened after saying shit in community-run servers; dedicated official servers are clear I'm pretty sure. It's not really fair desu. I saw two faggots (furfags, I think) getting up to erp-type shit in-chat. Nothing wrong with being a faggot, just don't do faggot shit in public, think of the children.

I think all this censorship bullshit is performative and servers as an inverse form of gatekeeping. "Gamers" wanting to blow off steam in-game instead silently seeting, or beating their wives keep their mouths shut, while faggots get up to Discord-type grooming in chat.

I've seen the phrase "dead game" thrown around too. When I went to check for specific games, I noticed that there was only one official server for the States, and another for the EU. Games are pretty lively though.
>>
>>1354460
I think the devs just want excuses to ban ppl in hopes they buy the game again, since they already got your $ once.

Seem like total dipshits like that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.