[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Warcraft-1280x720.jpg (189 KB, 1280x720)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
Vanilla is my favorite version, but I have had issues with other private servers. Mostly with their client version they use and latency issues.

What are some private servers with a good client version (like official classic client) and no latency issues (from NA) that I can use?
>>
Everlook launched another fresh start server on the 29th of june, called Starfall. This is probably your best bet right now, as the classic PS scene has much declined since official classic servers became a thing. You would be using the old 1.12.2 client to connect to it. If want to use the 1.13/1.14 era client, then you're going to want to look in to the HermesProxy client. There are no private servers running 1.13/1.14 that I am aware of.

It's hosted in EU, so if you're not living in California you're probably fine in regards to ping. Worst case use exitlag.

Population is mixed na, eu, china. Factions are relatively balanced.
>>
I just started playing on project Ascension area 52 server
>>
>>1382625
It’s classless, but they added in all kinds of spell modifiers that allow people to make classes they come up with themselves, The best ones get ranked and shared. I made a paladin mixed with a wind fury enhancement shaman
>>
>>1382627
I’ll be clear you can make your own build, but there are also builds that people share. It’s interesting. It felt cool to feel lost and wandering around the world again
>>
File: comfy.jpg (20 KB, 345x281)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1374051
turtle wow
>>
>>1374051
>NA private servers
lol
>>
>>1382750
Amen brother, turtle hardcore is where the magic at
>>
Is project epoch ever gonna happen?
>>
I've never played WoW but once over 10 years ago on a private server for a short time
i liked the gamestyle, the graphics, the world.
Let's say i managed to run the private server, can i as a beginner just run around kill shit do quests and have a good time ??
>>
>>1382750
>turtle trannies
Lmao
>>
>>1397859
As in can you grasp the game mechanics and how things work solo? Yes.
Can you do all content solo? Fuck no you need people for dungeons and group quests.
>>
>>1374305
I'm playing there since start, it's a good server although it's not as good as Elysium or lights hope.

Anyone had here tried arcanite crusader before? I'm building one to try as 2h Fury dps, as we are in 1.2 patch and there are barely any other weapon for 2h dos.

Yes I know the meme of 2h isn't viable, look I have been playing classic since 2005, first until wotlk and then jumped ship with cata and played pservers since then. Always made a warrior as my main, I know what I'm doing

My conclusion is that this early there isn't just enough hit gear with str and CRIT to be worth. In fury only ww benefits from your weapon damage.

Champion crusader has a con: it's rather fast at 3.00 speed, that means ww is weak (not as much as dw) and slam is not as usable (flurry lowers the attack speed and the cast time is barely under the autoattack speed)

It has a big pro: the proc.

The proc has a 10% chance and a duration of 30 seconds, that means 2 PPM so in theory the uptime in a 1 min frame is around 80% or higher, without taking in consideration instant attacks. That means 240 AP, 268 with kings, so that makes it the best DPS weapon for a human warrior in 1.2 patch.

I get lower ww and slam dps, but I gain a huge boost of dps in every other attack, and even in these attacks the proc compensates as the damage increase via AP is enough to increase it to the arcanite reaper base damage.

Any other weapon that I should try before crafting the champion? I'm googling the malown 2h mace but it's drop is abysmal
>>
>>1397859
Yes, you can very much have a good time with your own server
Using server commands, you could even tune your character to make it a great solo experience.
But it's way simpler to just join a server that already exists.
If you still want to do it, look for azerothcore on github to make a Wrath of the Lich King server
I don't know any repos for any other expansion though.
>>
>>1396164
Project Epoch is the Corecraft of the 2020s
>>
>>1409470
think you mean project aerodaltonimperial?
>>
>>1408170
>a good time with your own server
i can't think of anything sadder than playing wow by yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.