[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New anti-spam measures have been applied to all boards.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: blueberries.jpg (510 KB, 840x1233)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
Too slow for /vg/, reborn on /vm/ edition.

A place for discussing all tactical videogames with a focus on multiplayer games. Both co-op and PvP games are welcome. All discussion of games that already have a thread (Hunt, Tarkov, Arma, CS2 etc) goes in that thread.

Some examples are
>Multiplayer First Person Shooters:
Hell Let Loose, Insurgency, Ready or Not, Ground Branch, Ghost Recon, Project Reality, SQUAD, DayZ, NEOTOKYO, Isonzo, Marauders, Red Orchestra, Rising Storm 2, Six Days in Fallujah, Zero Hour
>Single-player honorable mentions include:
Afterconflict, Beyond Citadel, Black One Blood Brothers, Brothers in Arms, Darkest Hour, Delta Force, Easy Red 2, Forgotten Hope 2, GTFO, H3VR, Hidden & Dangerous, Hideous Destructor, Project IGI, Receiver 2, Road to Vostok, STALKER, Vietcong

>Turn Based Tactics:
XCOM, Jagged Alliance, Fallout: Tactics, Combat Mission
Battle Brothers, Silent Storm, Alfa Antiterror, Armoured Commander 2, Phoenix Point, Field of Glory, Flashpoint Campaigns, Invisible Inc, Quasimorph, Troubleshooter, WinSPMBT, Xenonauts

>Real Time Tactics:
Door Kickers, Wargame, WARNO, Men of War, Gates of Hell, World in Conflict, Company of Heroes, Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance, Broken Arrow, War Mongrels
7.62 High Calibre, Partisans 1941, Aliens: Dark Descent, Armored Brigade, Battlezone, Blitzkrieg, Syrian Warfare, Carrier Command 2, Close Combat, Commandos, CMO, Desperados, Foxhole, Graviteam Tactics, Gunner HEAT PC!, MechCommander, NEBULOUS, Regiments, Star Trek: Bridge Commander, Steel Fury, Sudden Strike

>Third Person Squad-based:
Conflict, Full Spectrum Warrior, SOCOM

>/tac/ repo, knowledge, guides, and resources (needs to be updated and revamped)
https://rentry.org/tactical.
>>
File: 300px-InsurgencyCover.jpg (20 KB, 300x419)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
What's the closest thing to Insurgency 2014 out now?

I really miss that game. Just the right amount of realism and arcadeness
>>
>>1429226
The sequel. Insurgency Sandstorm. https://store.steampowered.com/app/581320/Insurgency_Sandstorm/

It has a ton of mods too, mod maps, etc. Overall pretty good for PvP, but the AI is kind of garbage and PvE always devolves into a horde shooter.
>>
>>1429894
>2000 players
>40+ DLC
it was an unnecessary cash grab. it had less game modes than 2014 last I checked too.
>>
File: 1717822598106414.gif (723 KB, 189x189)
723 KB
723 KB GIF
>>1429226
Well, there's a fair amount of people online for the most of the day. If you're not up for randoms you can join my esoteric group instead. (3 people)
>>1429894
>shitstorm
>>
>>1430572
All of those game modes are dead. Both games suffer from the same issue: braindead morons almost exclusively play push for whatever fucking reason.

>>1430576
It's the most recent game similar to Ins2014 we have.
>>
File: 1712892448959396.gif (214 KB, 274x249)
214 KB
214 KB GIF
what the fuck is wrong with post scriptum/squad 44? i can pin point hipfire up to 100 m in the shooting range but on an actual server my shots seem to fucking disappear or just go everywhere but where im pointed. is the netcode and hit detection really that absolutely shit. also fuck every single nigger who votes and plays utah beach.
>>
>>1431066
nevermind. it is the dogshit netcode. i just shot some retard point blank and it took him almost a second to die. what a fucking joke.
>>
why remake the general here with all the games under the sun again? the only reason we did that in /vg/ was because it was too fast so all the games was done to try and keep it alive, its slow in /vm/ where a thread wont die until 10 days later. just make a thread for whatever game you want to talk about.
>>
>>1431066
>Meme 44
Just play HLL.
>>
>>1431091
Because &tactical was comfy. And none of these games (except maybe for Squad) are popular enough for their own general.
>>
>>1431091
The whole point is not to "have a thread that stays up for 10 days", the point is to move the general from the gachafaggot riddled shithole known as /vg/ here.
>>
Still waiting for this to come out btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGNyCgp1Dg
>>
File: 1707856770032482.jpg (8 KB, 276x277)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1431092
>Meme 44
>suggests shit let loose instead
>>
>>1431138
HLL is objectively a good tactical game. Seethe.
>>
File: 1703346399617910.jpg (33 KB, 474x574)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1431211
that piece of shit doesnt know whether it wants to be battlefield or squad. also gunplay and movement both suck dick and vehicle gameplay is dogshit in hll. i would like to know where you got that garbage is "objectively a good tactical game".
>>
I'm tired of playing CS2 and gaypex

What tactical game should I dip my toes in? Prefer free/cheap/many players

Nothing too old because old games are dead and have 6000 hour psychopath sweats who will just stomp you
>>
>>1428937
>Too slow for /vg/, reborn on /vm/ edition.
You could at least try to make it like a /vm/ thread
>single-player honorable mentions
>on a multiplayer board
Come on man
>>
File: Untitled.png (62 KB, 469x255)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>1431264
>gunplay and movement both suck
No they don't. Movement in Squad sucks much much worse, I've never noticed anything wrong with movement in HLL.

>"objectively a good tactical game"
Pic related. You're welcome to suck on it.

>>1431308
>many players
Define "many players".
>>
>>1431478
>Define "many players".
I'm asking, because none of these games' playercount ever exceeds 10-15k concurrent players. Tactical games are not super popular sadly.
>>
File: Is it ready though.png (757 KB, 1350x442)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
Decided to give RoN another try in over a year. Let's see if the gunplay is more satisfying now and if they've improved the AI.
>>
File: Lmao.png (6 KB, 445x64)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>1431495
Forgot I got permabanned from their forum by the perpetually assmad, chronically online resident tranny-janny.
>>
>>1431121
>mod
>mod of a dead game
its never been more over
>>
>>1431478
>Pic related
>if a lot of "people" eat shit and say its good then it must be good
yeah
>>
>1431674
The only one eating shit here is (You)
>>
>>1431755
what a petty faggot
>>
>1431897
Cry harder, toddler.
>>
File: 1485704252044.png (285 KB, 444x440)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>1428937
Man i thought i had lost you guys
>>
>>1433062
What are you, gay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
>>
>>1431211
HLL is neither tactical nor good, but it is a game.
>>
>>1431308
>have 6000 hour psychopath sweats who will just stomp you
Most people who play tactical/milsim games are not very good at shooters. My friends who barely play any other FPS games and outright admit they suck at them can still hop on, do alright, and have a fun time. Just pick whatever looks cool.
>>
File: 1600527159859.png (606 KB, 900x582)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
>>1433310
i am armasexual
>>
>>1433508
Baited no one award.png
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.07 MB, 1920x1080)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
>>1431495
I think the old police station was neat, but this is pretty cozy too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.11 MB, 1920x1080)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
>>1433882
>>
File: head on.webm (2.64 MB, 576x540)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB WEBM
Any tactical ww2 sub mp games?
Been playing some sh3 again lately
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.72 MB, 1917x1080)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>>1433886
>>
They've improved performance in RoN significantly and turned the AI so they're not just braindead aimbots (at least 70% of the time). The game is actually enjoyable now.
>>
>>1428937
It's like fps about this genre are dead or everybody like to play only 2 games (squad and hll). What should i play?
>>
>>1437082
Ready or Not is pretty popular too. Ground Branch is relatively popular. It's up to you what to play, really. Squad had some pretty cool mods like the Global Escalation that turn it into a slightly different (and more fun imo) game.
>>
>>1437106
*Has
>>
File: Sniggers nefariously.jpg (393 KB, 1220x2472)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>1437106
It has some neat factions with unique models, guns and vehicles. Paradrop mechanic, and stuff like that.
>>
>>1437106
I don't know why but i like so much Arma 3 and i hate too much Squad. I like games that are realistic but also fun hll isn't bad but the developers are retarded
>>
File: viib_2d.gif (16 KB, 547x339)
16 KB
16 KB GIF
I don't care for names of gun's or vehicles or years of historical events, but I've noticed that these facts just permeate into my brain from playing war videogames. Is there a game featuring submarines that I can leverage for this? I need to be able to distinguish nazi uboots, and while there's a strangely large and detailed amount of information on them, and suspiciously yearning recounts of the gallant seemensch, the graphics are always grainy or wrong or ancient pixel art. My only other alternative are rare Revell kits.
>>
>>1437235
Might want to check this out:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=19780%2C3859&os=win&supportedlang=english&ndl=1

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=19780%2C599&os=win&supportedlang=english&ndl=1
>>
ARMA Vigor released. Never looked at it. Should I install?
>>
File: 1710223389664913.png (114 KB, 640x455)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>1428937
>/tac/
>/tac/ repo
>>1427142
>/tact/
>>
>>1438991
Schizo.
>>
>>1438991
it's just a cheap imitation. this thread really has no similarity with /&tg/ in its prime. also, amusing that mechwarrior and battletech were left out (both tactical multiplayer games) but mechcommander was left in, presumably because op is an idiot
>>
>>1439138
>cheap imitation
You have it backwards, cretin, this is a superior version of that general.

>mechcommander
Must have missed it.

Why was the mechashit removed? The explanation is simple: back in /&tg/ mechatrannies would spam the thread to the point where 80% of posts would be about mechashit, drowning out discussion of other games. So I made the decision to leave that shit out of this thread to keep the discussion healthy and diverse.
>>
>>1438991
/&tg/ will forever be missed. what the fuck is this bootlegged /tac/ shit? ive been gone from the threads a while.
>>
>>1439238
Gacha shitters shit up /vg/ non-stop with their gay shit for some reason despite the fact that they have their own shit containment board. /&tg/ just couldn't keep up with all the gachashit spam, so we re-made the thread here, a much slower board mostly untouched by gacha shitters.
>>
>>1439275
oh it's "we" now
whatever this joint sucks, I'm out
>>
>>1439275
but why the name change? /&tg/ is iconic.
>>
>>1439394
Good riddance, whiner. This place will be more comfy without your bitching.

>>1439570
Because the local janny doesn't like the word "general" and sometimes bans threads that have it in their name. It's a necessary rebranding.
>>
>>1439570
Because anon tried to copy something without understanding why it was made in the first place, and made haphazard changes just because he felt like it, into a place where it doesn't fit

Don't ask him why he put Hideous Destructor in Single player, he doesn't know either
>>
>>1440034
How about you stop whining, try to stay on topic and discuss tactical games? This thread wasn't made for little bitches like you. Be thankful someone moved the thread here and that it wasn't lost to the pits of hell known as /vg/ forever. Or leave.
>>
>>1440256
Lol why would I be thankful for that? The thread was made for OP's sake and hardly anyone else's, because he missed the real thing. I'm happy to leave /&tg/ resting in peace, it had a good run.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll just go to individual threads of games because that's how this board and /vst/ work. Enjoy the month-long trudge
>>
>>1440275
The thread was made for people who discussed tactical games on /vg/. I've been one of them since the day we split off from the arma general. Your drama queen ass is clearly not here for discussing games and we can't wait for you to leave. Adieu. You will not be missed.
>>
>>1428937
pls not another fucking general exiled from /vg/ i fucking hate gachaniggers so much is unreal, even furfags have less mental aids
>>
>>1433901
there is Wolfpack though i have never played it, are you playing sh3 with mods or vanilla?
>>
>>1440400
I don't get why jannies don't just ban them from /vg/. Every other board I know does that.
>>
File: A-7D.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
So, i got nostalgic and reinstalled Project Reality.
Fuck me its nothing like i remembered.
Zero communication, server pop is 90% russian or some other balkan flavour that doesn't speak english.
Is that just yuro hours and it gets better when the burgers are awake, or is all that's left thirdies with toaster PCs?
>>
>>1442656
I'd say it's a mix of both. Europoors are notorious for not communicating in multiplayer games. Just play Squad and stick to NA servers.
>>
File: 1717725645160111.jpg (450 KB, 1000x900)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>1443321
Well, couldn't get even a single bearable round in over the entire weekend.
Saw a whole of one ENG MIC INF squad, with a grand total of 3 other dudes in it (and me) the rest of the teams was exclusively speaking russian or ukranian.
rip PR, should've kept you as fond memory.
>>
>>1443951
Like I said, just play Squad. Everyone moved to that.
>>
>>1444606
But PR is better than Squad
>>
>>1446000
>PR
You seem to have been misled. PR is a shit, janky, ancient and no longer popular mod for a 20 year old game that was never supposed to be "tactical". It's not better than anything.
>>
>>1444606
Squad is braindead, people are retarded just playing meatwave simulator, bad optimisation, shitty maps, i have 2k hours and like 1800 were pointless and unfun. Play reforger. Also where's arma thread?
>>
>>1446014
I had more tactical gameplay in pr than in squad. Again i have 2k hours in squad, playing sl or important roles, doing minimum 20-30 kills per game because people are retards going in a straight line from the hab to the objective. Play squad if you want to see how retarded are people
>>
>>1446285
>2k hours and like 1800 were pointless and unfun
In vanilla maybe (something I can't even bring myself to play anymore, really). I exclusively play mods and am having fun all the time. It feels like there's way less downtime in mods like Global Escalation, because it's designed to be less of a snoozefest, and it feels like you constantly get into firefights and there's never an issue with transportation, unlike vanilla.

>Play reforger
Unfortunately, the problem with reforger is that it has 1-2k concurrent players at any given time and most of them are burgers (I play on European servers). I just can't justify that price tag for a dead demo that might not even run on my PC all that well.

>>1446287
People in Squad are indeed retarded, but it's fun to kill them, and it's fun to coordinate with other competent players. That's why we play it.
>>
>>1446285
arma thread finally got archived
>>
>>1447291
>arma thread 404s
>arma posters immediately start shitting up /tac/, seething about SQUAD.
Some things never change.
>>
File: 1722745132254213.jpg (92 KB, 1024x677)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1447372
I'd like to apologise on behalf of all non-retarded arma players for the spergs that flocked to the game post DayZ and are shitting up adjacent games.

PS: PR does many things better than Squad, the community was better, has better and more interesting maps, and features that, to this day, aren't a thing in Squad. (IR, planes, attack helos, Fire and Forget missiles, various eras for maps, VBIEDs)
Squad mostly looks pretty and has cool scope tech, can draw form the advantages of a modern, not reversed engineered engine and has the motherfucking Star Wars mod.

As an adult, i can find pros and cons in both games and like both.
>>
Where can I get the best communication? I want to RP like I'm a tacticool military man.
>>
>>1447766
Only in some faggot RP larperator discords where people gather for that exact purpose. You will never find anything even remotely close to that in disorganized server lobbies full of morons.

I'm guessing you're looking for something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OtAMk4aI_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uslSAnUqU8Y

Then yeah, find a discord server where people play games together and everyone has a mic.

>>1447372
Like pottery. I blame the death of the arma general on /vg/ and the ultimate exodus of arma-fugees to /&tg/ for its death. They made it feel really uncomfy and constantly flung shit at everyone. You can pinpoint the exact month /&tg/ started turning to shit, and it was coincidentally the same month the arma general died for good.

>>1447415
Honestly, I have nothing against arma itself specifically or most arma players even, it's the vocal cringe faggot "true tactical" minority that takes itself way too seriously and feels the constant need to stir shit with fans of games they deem "inferior" or "not tactical" that's the real problem.
>>
>>1447372
>200 hours in arma
>2k in squad
>arma poster
Oh yes. Not my fault they play shitty arma 3 larping in 13 fps and begging for arma 4, arma reforger should be here.
Yes Squad is shit, i haven't touched it since i bought arma reforger. But i will try the new faction, always wanted pmc in the game
>>
File: squad.jpg (84 KB, 1229x255)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>1446680
>I exclusively play mods and am having fun all the time
Same i played only MEE for the last 1k hours, sadly it died and GE is shit. I know about supermod, but couldn't find servers.
>it has 1-2k concurrent players at any given time
So what? And you forgot about xbox players, they play on K&M also lol. I played squad when it had 2k players average and it was better, now the game is filled with retards.
> but it's fun to kill them
I don't even feel like i kill somebody, too many kills, it's like playing against bots on easy mode.
>>
I cast my vote to keep arma out as it's always been. When a dead general limps its way to another it always brings a lot of stupid drama over whose fault it was it died, and other incompatible in-jokes
>>
>>1448475
How does a thread even die on a board where it takes 10 days for a thread to disappear lmao
>>
>>1448530
Reaching bump limit. They can just make a new one.
>>
>>1448535
Why won't they
>>
>>1448536
top brass hasn't given the order, we sit in the mud and wait
>>
>>1448539
Anon, we are almost encircled. There won't be any more orders. They've abandoned us.
>>
>>1448530
it was made like 9 months ago
>>
>>1448546
We hold our position, we keep our aim trained on that horizon, we stay quiet. This unit will not be court martialed for failRP
>>
Played a match against the PMC guys yesterday. It feels like you're fighting against airsofters, their camo sucks, their vehicles suck, and they're really easy to spot in combat. Domed 6 of them in a row no sweat from a bush. Only way I can see them played well is bum rushing with techies and using the mobile APC respawn in cheeky out of the way spots behind the enemy's Frontline.
>>
>>1449431
I haven't gotten a chance to play since the patch, but i guess you just gotta play them like any irregular faction, avoid the direct approach and don't play it like a conventional force.
Ambush, hit and run, flank flank flank.
It seems like they're kind of like Militia+helicopters.
>>
we need to combine tac and arma
>>
File: racist.png (555 KB, 799x917)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>>1449559
Racemixxing is bad, sorry. This is the white man's thread. (Maybe when Arma 4 drops, and it'd better be good).
>>
I haven't played gronch in over a year. Have they added anything to the game that makes it less boring for solo players? Teammate AI would be a nice start.
>>
>Free weekend in Squad
Welp... and here I was thinking I was going to enjoy myself this weekend and check out the latest update.
>>
>>1449959
Yep, it ain't pretty.
>>
>>1450126
>A bunch of ESL apes shitting up comms with incomprehensible verbal diarrhea earrape
It's even worse than I imagined.
>>
File: Untitled.png (671 KB, 1920x1080)
671 KB
671 KB PNG
>>1450148
Good game though.
>>
Is there a single multipler tacshooter that doesn't run poorly? Seems to just be inherent to the subgenre.

Squad/44, Insurgency: Sandstorm, HLL, and Arma all have frequent frametime spikes during gameplay and it ruins it for me, but I can play Cawwa Doody, Battlefield, Apex Legends, Halo or whatever and they will be smooth as butter at all times.
>>
>>1450148
I stopped playing that game because ESP and aimbot is common and people just shoot you through trees and bushes constantly despite being fully concealed. even admin'd servers dont do shit about the 80 and 1 bitch who you could spectate for 2 seconds and tell its obvious.
>>
>>1450643
How can you even tell who shot you if there's no name or anything when you die? Much less spectate them?
>>
>>1450538
Tactical shooters are CPU intensive because they have to do complex calculations all the time. Plus Arma specifically is a piece of abysmal outdated dogshit that only runs on a single CPU core because the devs who made it were retarded monkeys with keyboards and half a brain cell among them.
>>
>>1450657
Isn't the engine still largely recycled code from the Operation Flashpoint days?
Back in the early 2000s single core was the norm, and thus the Real Virtuality engine, even if updated with every title, has some old limitations deeply rooted in the core.
But i thought they had a major engine rework from A3 to Reforger, no?
>>
>>1450657
What are those games really doing, especially a game like Insurgency, that Battlefield isn't?
>>
>>1450643
Haven't played Squad but, for what it's worth, foliage can be pretty unreliable cover in a lot of games because there's a good chance at long ranges that they'll derender so people's computers don't explode.
>>
>>1450695
>But i thought they had a major engine rework from A3 to Reforger, no?
Hopefully. If Arma 4 has the dogshit performance of Arma 2-3 I'm not even going to bother playing it.

>>1450701
They simulate ballistics. Calculating bullet drop, speed, etc. I know that this is how it works in single player Arma and Squad 100%, but I'm not sure how it works in multiplayer exactly. Does your machine do the calculations or the server? In any case, even if all the calculations are server sided, that makes it even worse, because there can be dozens or even hundreds of players in a lobby and if the server/host's PC is gogshit (usually the case) then no matter what hardware you have it's going to run like shit. And Arma specifically will run like trash no matter what because of the shit engine.

>Insurgency
I think Insurgency is just poorly coded/optimized honestly. Specifically Sandstorm. Which may be an atrocious console port (just a speculation really), because the devs were obsessed with releasing it on console and growing their audience there.
>>
>>1450704
This is true for Hell Let Loose. You'll constantly see people lying in the middle of the field thinking they're being sneaky when the grass simply isn't rendering at that distance. I'm not sure if it applies to Squad though.
>>
>>1428937
what about valorant
>>
>can never find a single server in rising storm 2 that isnt the rush mode or whatever where everyone is concentrated into a tiny portion of the map
>>1430985
same case here i guess

zoomers fucking ruined games by being a bunch of braindead retards who cant pay attention to a shooter if everyone isnt funneled into a fucking brainless meat grinder, if its not some gay ass battleroyale where they run around like spastics looking items for 99% of the time
>>
>>1450538
squad runs like shit, insurgency is pretty good on good hardware but maybe still stutters slightly sometimes, HLL is also pretty smooth for me in DX12 mode, absolutely fuck playing that game in dx11. but dx12 crashes rarely

arma all run like shit but reforger runs a lot better than the other games, still struggles to hit 60fps for me at all times despite being on pretty top of the line hardware but for how big the map is and everything its worth it, best mil sim out now
>>
File: ar.png (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>1449559
Tac and arma reforger. Look how beautiful it is. I don't need squad, specially during free weekends.
Btw the first time i played Squad was during a free weekend, they just added helies and we were dropped from one on the objective, then our HAT saw our btr and shot it lmao
>>
Would anyone be up for playing Mechwarrior Living Legends on the weekend?

Pros:
It's free!
No grinding, no accounts, classic round action
There's tanks and mechs!

Cons:
it's old, and doesn't run great
Game is barely alive most of the time
There's aerospace and battle armor
>>
>>1452044
>then our HAT saw our btr and shot it lmao
Hilarious shit.

>>1452067
>it's old, and doesn't run great
I honestly wouldn't recommend playing old multiplayer games with strangers. They have tons of vulnerabilities and it's just not safe. They've been lots of cases of people's computers being hacked into when playing older CoD's and even older Dark Souls games.
>>
>>1452270
There*
>>
>>1452067
Aaaaww, MW:LL is ded? A few years ago there was two full servers on weekend peak hours, and a single full server during workdays.
But i agree, FUCK Aerospace, way too tanky for the damage they can deal, they are effectively unkillable if the pilot knows what he's doing.
What's your favorite meme mech/veh?
Mine was the Thumper Rommel used in close quarters.

>>1452270
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>1452369
>Oh fuck off.
It's your bank account/identity/sensitive data, not mine. I don't give a fuck. You've been warned.
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/736590/Operation_Harsh_Doorstop/

Has anyone here played this?
>>
>>1453093
No but I still think Operation Harsh Doorstop has got to be one of the dumbest names I've ever heard.
>>
>>1453114
>Operation Harsh Doorstop
I thought it was a joke at first.
>>
>>1453093
>15k reviews
>150 in game
hmm
>>
>>1453642
When I checked it yesterday it had the same playercount as gronch. So people definitely play it.
>>
>>1450538
>Is there a single multipler tacshooter that doesn't run poorly?
Isonzo
>They simulate ballistics
Not really.
>>
>>1453697
>same playercount as gronch. So people definitely play it.
but nobody plays ground branch
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 1125x95)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>1453845
Someone clearly does.
>>
>>1452270
What is this zoomer ass post get your boogiemen out of here.

>>1452369
It's mostly dead. There's still some people playing on the weekends but its not as active as before. I've always liked some of the fast ground vees, almost any of the Chevaliers were good, the AC/10 one is a banger at start. I'm also a big fan of the classic 2 ERML ATM 6 Hephaestus, it's an amazing skirmisher unit and generally fast enough to get out of the way of brawlers.
>>
I'm new to hell let loose and it absolutely fucking tilts me when the following scenario happens
>find good spot to shoot my MG
>Let out one burst
>immediately get sniped by more than 2 different shooters who locked on to my position within seconds
is this how it's supposed to feel
>>
>>1450716
>They simulate ballistics. Calculating bullet drop, speed, etc
Battlefield and Apex also do that. Even CoD does now.
>>
>>1454258
every pvp shooter has cheaters, deal with it
>>
>>1454258
>>1454541
I don't play HLL, but if its anything like Post Scriptum, where MGs have big ol' tracers and muzzle flash, you don't need to be a cheater to see the big obvious "shoot me" signal broadcast across the battlefield.
If he's new chances are he also sets up in bad, obvious spots, with a too wide arc of fire where he's visible from across many angles.
>>
>>1454258
MG's in HLL have tracers and it's fairly easy to pinpoint their position. They also make a pretty distinctive sound that's easy to pinpoint as well. You have to luck out and play in a server full of situationally unaware morons (or during a free weekend) to rack up ridiculous numbers of kills with an MG. Or alternatively you can just constantly reposition whenever the enemy discovers your position and you start taking shots.

>>1454560
It's the same thing in Squad. People in that game react to any type of small arms fire pretty quickly, which ends most attempts to flank or pull diversions behind enemy lines before you manage to do any serious damage. Which is why I like Global Escalation in Squad. It has suppressors, making it really difficult to pinpoint your exact location and flanking/saboteur activity so fucking satisfying.
>>
>>1450716
Ballistics simulation was the first task given to a computer, in the last 70 years they've gotten better at it so I assure you this is not the reason
>>
>>1454674
Enlighten us.
>>
easy red 2 will plan to give a scripting system for AI and missions

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1324780/eventcomments/4849904345520054929?ctp=2

game has come a long way.
>>
>>1431495
Does this have mp now? Played it like a year ago. Looking for a new game after counter strike finally shit the bed for good
>>
>>1456509
It always had mp (co-op).

>counter strike finally shit the bed for good
>check cs2 stats
>over 1 mil people playing
>still the most played game in the world by a long shot
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>1456509
why would you go from counter strike, a MP PVP game to RoN an entirely PVE game?
>>
>>1456658
Yeah, I agree. He should try R6 Siege though. It's much shittier now compared to years ago, but it's still playable (just never touch ranked, ever).
>>
File: angry apc.webm (1.92 MB, 906x540)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB WEBM
i tactically enraged an apc
>>
File: tank hunter.webm (2.4 MB, 906x540)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB WEBM
me and the boys getting back at the apc
>>
>>1456776
The game looks so much worse than I remember. Damn. Haven't touched it in probably 6 years at this point and don't feel like doing it ever again.
>>
File: i have become juba.webm (1001 KB, 624x540)
1001 KB
1001 KB WEBM
>raid a brit camp
>yoink an ir scope
brits are not gonna like this one :)
>>
File: 1723725371306253.png (1.29 MB, 1024x1024)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>BI allegedly looking to buy the Ghost Recon IP from Ubisoft's dying/shitting corpse

Damn

That being said, funny how Ghost Recon 1 was billed as being futuristic when it came out but it came out right before the GWOT started and tech/gear immediately shifted rapidly. It's basically on the same tech level as Reforger.
>>
File: JointOps.jpg (138 KB, 1024x768)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>1459366
Huh, I'll allow it as long as they reel the timeline back to the 2000s.
While they're at it they can buy Joint Ops from THQ, that game was too good to die without a sequel.
>>
File: 1721995645410547.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>1459668
At this point Bohemia Interactive are the only devs I trust to make a good boots-on-the-ground milsim/sandbox. I hate how they basically have a monopoly on the genre.
>>
>>1459366
sauce? would be pretty cool
>>
>>1459366
>futuristic
Interesting that you say that, because that's exactly what kinda put me off from liking it back then. I was used to not being able to see the weapon from R6, but for some reason I was seriously disappointed by GR. Perhaps it was the limited weapon selection compared to R6, but it felt so weird and exotic to me.

>>1459668
I never got to play Joint Operations in proper multiplayer. All we could do was a 3 person LAN coop. I'd love to play a proper round with a full server once.
>>
how's arma reforger from a multiplayer perspective? looking for a game to replace cs2 with and played arma, squad and post scriptum before

>>1456509
if you find something that hits the same itch let me know. ron doesn't have pvp
>>
i LECKING love rucking swat 4,Billions must swat.
>>
File: classic.jpg (30 KB, 640x640)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
For arma can you guys rec some interesting custom missions,campaigns ? (i own all dlcs)
>>
>>1461408
What about SWAT 6 (Ready or Not)
>>
>>1443321
>Europoors are notorious for not communicating in multiplayer games
I feel like they hit both of the extremes and are nowhere in between, either they communicate so much you forget what quiet sounds like, or they might as well be an NPC that says ENEMY. MAN. 300 METERS. OVER THERE. and then dies.

>>1454258
The problem is HLL is pretty close to solved, every veteran player already knows the best places to put garrisons and where MGs are going to set up. It's why I stopped playing, I got real bored of chasing people around in a circle.

>>1459694
The fact that bohemia slop is considered good is the real travesty.
>>
>>1461947
>they might as well be an NPC that says ENEMY. MAN. 300 METERS. OVER THERE. and then dies.
Kek.
>>
>>1461947
BIS was godlike from Operation Flashpoint until ArmA2.
>>
>>1461947
>they might as well be an NPC that says ENEMY. MAN. 300 METERS. OVER THERE. and then dies.
The perfect teammate.
>>
>>1462092
You realize that was 15 years ago now, right?
>>
>>1462109
Yes and despite that the games are still great and far from slop.
I'd argue that to this day, ArmA2 with ACE and ACRE is the absolute peak of milsim.
No other game i played has had such in-depth artillery and mortar systems that are to this day unmatched.
>>
>>1462182
>I'd argue that to this day, ArmA2 with ACE and ACRE is the absolute peak of milsim.
I don't disagree. I'm just disappointed that even bohemia can't do any better anymore it seems.
>>
File: 1721272654778559.png (780 KB, 1600x1600)
780 KB
780 KB PNG
How do I make tank frens in Squad? No one wants to join my squad..
>>
File: 1722784953845085.jpg (54 KB, 574x881)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
I started playing Dawn of War 2 online pvp matches. It's like Company of Heroes but in space. Fun!
>>
>>1462574
You don't. The vast majority of people in public servers are morons. Squad is one of those games that you play with existing friends, because of how awful randoms are.
>>
I still love playing COH2 against AI. Randos are mostly good
>>
>>1462731
Play Ostfront. Way more realistic and fun than Company of Shit.
>>
File: 1726592565036645.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>1462182
Arma 3 w/ ACE3 is far superior to ACE Arma 2.

The ACE team is having a hard time with Reforger because BI keeps beating them to the punch with MilSim features.
>>
File: 367964.6_image.png (80 KB, 240x294)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>1462879
How is the visibility in the game is it same as A3 ? (i litteraly canont see shit in PR or Squad but in arma i dont have that problem)
>>1461687 (me)
I played OP Shakal (i liked it)
I tried Falklands one it was cool i guess but fucking RAWWWW
>>
>>1462900
>How is the visibility in the game is it same as A3

What do you mean by visibility?

If you mean foliage density/shadows and the ability to hide even at long rages then no. In Reforger you can legit make use of camo now.
>>
>Hell Let Loose continues to bleed players
>New content drip is insanely slow
>Squad 44 can't keep a player count of more than a few hundred
>God knows where '83 is
It's ogre
>>
>>1463010
Everyone is playing Enlisted (nah).

I like HLL, to me it's the perfect large scale shooter in almost every single way. Except content. You can only play on the same maps with the same weapons and vehicles so much before you get bored to shit.
>>
>>1463024
I hadn't heard about Enlisted before. Is it good?
Yeah, man. I love Hell Let Loose, and the community is pretty great too. It strangely recaptures that feeling of nostalgia I have for playing COD2 and Battlefield 2 all those years ago. Not sure why
>>
>>1463029
>Is it good?
NTA but Enlisted is run by the same jews that do War Thunder so tread carefully.
>>
>>1463047
Oh, I'm good then. Thought maybe it was closer to HLL and S44 style play. I think that anon was being sarcastic
>>
>>1462703
Where do I make existing frens then? ;_;
>>
File: ExpresssionOfPain.jpg (58 KB, 440x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1463104
You find them in payday2 lobby then you play shit ton of games together but then slowly one by one they start getting lifes and you stay behind :(
>>
>>1463234
Nah. What really happens is you play a couple times together, then they forget about you and just sit on your steam friend list for years never interacting with you or acknowledging your existence in any way.
>>
need '83
>>
>>1463442
Realistically is it ever releasing? Cold war gone hot is such a kino setting
>>
>>1463442
Sneed 2023.
>>
>>1464126
>Cold war gone hot
Isn't that basically Reforger and a fuckload of other games
>>
>>1463029
not really. the tanks are fun, but the maps are so small and with the perks and meta loadouts, its basically CoD, right down to the lobbies being like 20 people max but now you have to control a bunch of shitty stupid bots.
>>
>>1463442
Thought it was cancelled?
>>
>>1464824
Cancelled, picked up by new devs.
Cautiously optimistic, low expectations.
>>
>>1464837
Oh pleasant surprise. Still remember the through the gun sight vids from a few years back. I desperately need a new fun mp game
>>
>>1464843
>I desperately need a new fun mp game
Same, brother. Same. I picked up Siege again after Hunt shat its pants, but would love something fresh.
>>
File: 1719844175473625.jpg (22 KB, 616x497)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>Join Ukrainian server
>No one working together, everyone doing their own shit
>>
>>1465350
What happened to hunt? Returned hunt because of the devs. siege was fun for a while with friends. Gonna get rising storm 2 next. Anything to keep me away from cs2
>>
>>1467457
Hate how Ukies have become to pub servers what jews/Israelis have become to boomers. Something to be worshiped.
>>
File: Gun.png (674 KB, 940x534)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
Did anyone else play Resistance & Liberation? It was SO fun but no game quite captures the essence of it anymore. I feel like the time of the more interesting shooters is gone; Red Orchestra 2 is another I miss playing.
>>
>>1467457
>Join any server
>No one working together, everyone doing their own shit
Fixed that for you. If you want teamwork, you gotta bring friends in these types of games, sadly. But really, that applies to most multiplayer games out there. Randoms are too retarded/can't be bothered to coordinate with you most of the time.
>>
Man Squad has gotten so much worse after the free weekend.
Teams are even more retarded than before.
>>
>>1469446
Every single time. I remember when I first started Squid around 2 years ago they'd use comms in almost every single squad I joined on every single server. Now it's either some incomprehensible foreign gobbledygook or deafening silence. ICO sure "fixed" things.
>>
>>1431308
I like Squad :)
>>
>>1462574
You either join an armor squad or get on coms/team chat and ask for a gunner/driver. Also try making your squad right at the start (but with the proper armor name for vehicle claim) that way everyone joins and you can say
>this is a tank squad, sissies
>grab a crewman kit or join a real squad
Also don't act autistic
>>
>>1469446
>>1469476
Sounds like it's up to y'all, as the veteran players, to lead to retards to victory. A lot of them follow orders, especially if you yell them over and over, and clearly communicate what needs to get done
>>
File: arma 4 coming 2027.png (379 KB, 746x422)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
Arma 4 coming 2027
https://files.catbox.moe/g9xjup.mp4
>>
>>1471433
Might as well release in 10 years.
>>
>>1471433
Neat, i like their commitment to orchestra and the return to the Cold War
>>
File: PatrickSittin.jpg (91 KB, 1024x804)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Anybody tried new DayZ expanison ? (i will never play that shit it was waste of money)
>>
>>1471433
>13-14 years after Arma 3

I know they spent a huge amount of that time making Enfusion but christ...

Do they have any big plans for Reforger after the Final Strike update us released?
>>
>>1472116
Yeah, it's more difficult cause you can't grow shit and everything starts off frozen in terms of food & water; they do give you a knife immediately to start a fire which is nice.. You can eat the snow but you get lead poisoning if you do. Map is shit since it's just a modified Tanoa, but otherwise it's fun. People are in general nicer too since if you KOS you're SOL, had a group of like 7 or so just chilling out eating fish and warming up by the fire. Might just be early days though.
>>
File: 20241014192227_1.jpg (1.43 MB, 2560x1440)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>1461687
Just in case you've been living under a rock I'll mention Antistasi Ultimate + your modset of choice. I've sunk too much time into stasi.

lately I've been really enjoying the Direct Action scenarios. Designed to be played with a small group of friends, but is plenty playable and plenty of fun solo
>>
File: Dissaproval Viking.jpg (29 KB, 450x338)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1473071
>only 10 days late
I already played it but i want something that is not open world n shit i want to enter a mission i get the obj i do the obj then i exit and mission is finished and all that happened in between was carefully handrcrafted by map maker
>>
>>1473215
it's a slow moving thread and you didn't get a good answer, sorry homo
>>
Newest list is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awYIZ3D5pm0
>>
>>1473215
Dynamic Recon Ops is probably your best option to go. ALiVE works for that too I think, you'll just have to go on the hunt for it to find what you want best. Otherwise you're going to have to find missions themselves or make it yourself, you're not going to find anything handcrafted by using generated stuff.
>>1473309
Don't be a nigger.
>>
New Ostfront DLC about the western front is out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2904660/Call_to_Arms__Gates_of_Hell_Airborne/?curator_clanid=10379584
>>
quasimorph bros--- what faction do you like supporting the most?
>>
>>1476030
Quasimodo.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fOYJVL9bzk4
>>
>>1472116
I haven't but apparently it's a big hit. I didn't like playing Namalsk all that much, due to the harshness of the cold, having to make fires so often, the spawn zones for players. So I dunno yet when I'll get around to it. I can't wait for a tropical dlc map or an dlc desert map. Another thing, these chilly temperatures in fall and going into winter, I especially dislike playing bitter cold maps during real life winter. A lot of players seem to like it but not me.
>>
rip /&tg/
;___;
>>
hitman spammer won
zomboid spammer won
civ4x won
enjoy purgatory
>>
give me your builds in Quasimorph--- i'm very new to the game (last time i played it was when it just released as EA on steam, so the game had much less stuff than now)
>>
Why do squad servers not let you solo armor
>noooo you have to drive some asshole around
I heard a guy ask for a driver for like 15 mins straight rather than offer to drive himself for a gunner. I refuse on principle to drive for assholes like that
>>1480678
what the fuck do you mean builds nigga you use what you random

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.