[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What went horribly wrong?
>>
mmo
>>
gacha
>>
omnipandering
>>
Incompetent devs
>>
>>1471365
They RUINED Shirli.
>>
File: 1697342663237811.png (182 KB, 1122x1122)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>the 4.0 JP trailer doesn't even have jp voice
>>
>>1471473
I guess the AI and missing voices were a sign
>>
>>1471365
retarded chink decisions as always
everytime i see a game flopping, i only need to take one look and not even dig deep to know what's wrong
and the best part is these companies deserve to have their shit games flop
>>
>What went horribly wrong?
A lot.
The game has been shit for a while, but it held on due to cope and hope. People started to quit in droves once the hope of a better future was gone, and that was around mid way through domain 9.

Actually nothing went wrong and this game was a huge monetary success, Hotta made a disgusting amount of money through a very mediocre game and they'll be using that money to make something else and repeat the process again.
>>
o7 /tofg/
>>
Crew status?
>>
>>1471365
dunno
>>
You can check it yourself retard and no i won't bump the vg thread
>>
File: 1672486374606382.png (342 KB, 573x522)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>1471473
i use CN anyway kek
>>
File: 1680936457788863.jpg (141 KB, 900x908)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>1471365
Chink Fatigue.
>>
IT'S OVER
>>
File: 1678961248321575.jpg (401 KB, 1080x1080)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
If only they released Molinia properly
>>
File: 1688619799778951.png (479 KB, 590x486)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>Molinia
No
But playable Shelly back in early 2023 would have saved ToF
>>
ironic this thread is still up but the vg thread is dead
>>
>>1475734
nothing to talk about
>>
I miss Poyayaaaaaaan...
>>
>>1475734
How is that ironic? The opposite would be ironic since it takes a year for a thread to die here.
>>
>>1475524
i heard she's gonna be playable soon. same with loli lan. i think after they saw people made mods for that, they are selling it
>>
File: 1660694269334598.png (2.75 MB, 1663x1251)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
Aesperia will always be special to me
>>
NA world chat stopped working... how am i gonna get my x2 boss chests now...
>>
>>1474850
Molinia being turned into a censored skin was the final straw for me. I stopped spending, eventually lost interest in the game and quit.
>>
it was fun while it lasted bros.
>>
What's up with the people that insist this game is great? Looked shitty on day 1, and played like shit. Years later the combat still plays like shit. what am I missing?
>>
>>1476401
>what am I missing?
Nothing. Idiots chose to ignore the red flags and play a shit game we knew wasn't good since it nearly EoS right out of the gates in China.
>>
Can you retards remake the thread already? Damn
>>
>>1476441
Why, so it can die again before even hitting 100 replies? At least wait until there's something interesting to discuss.
>>
>>1476401
i like the combat and the game was improving right up until 2.4 then it went downhill
>>
>>1476442
I don't care about your arbitrary requirements for discussion. Make the thread bitch.
>>
>>1476485
Make it yourself if it's so important to you.
>>
>>1471365
Turns out a multiplayer focused Genshin isn't exactly a good idea.
>>
>>1476555
No. Turns out trying to make a multiplayer focused Genshin clone as your first major title as a relatively new studio is a bit too ambitious.
>>
>>1475797
I want to go back to the good times bwos...
>>
>>1476489
You don't even play this game bitch
>>
>>1477090
I hope you continue this shtick every game you play so I know which future games are total shit I should avoid
>>
>>1477019
I still think back fondly of 1.0 with /tofg/bwos from time to time, it really was good times
>>
>>1477090
hardly anyone does anymore
>>
>>1471365
I just found this game a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying it on PS5, just have to get past the weak ux menus, the stories are hardcode
>>
wuthering waves popped off a lot harder than I thought bwos...they're killing any hope of a tof revival...
>>
File: 1715802395489846.webm (3.48 MB, 1920x1080)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB WEBM
>>1471365
they announced a new server that will make you lose all your progress, and with no powercreep, anyone that didnt had a good guild or didnt spent much in the game stopped playing to wait for the new server. And it never happened, nor they made a big deal out of canceling it (if it is canceled), im still waiting for the new servers, for months now
>>
>>1478527
I miss my wife YoshinoUsagi
>>
>>1478527
How many of those are still playing the game? Also post more guild meetup pics I want the sweet nostalgia.
>>
>>1478440
That's what happens when you straight up copy a successful game like Genshin and don't do it half-assed like ToF with bullshit mmo aspects.
>>
>>1488463
>>1478440
Interest is already declining and it hasn't even been a full month yet. It's yet another soulless clone
>>
>>1488463
tof is a shitty mmo and shitty gacha game, it's close to success if only they just picked one
>>
>Not even 4.0 could save the general from dying
It really is the end, isn't it?
>>
I like it
>>
it's over general died on /vg/ again.
>>
>>1494069
This is like the third time in a month this happened. You guys should just admit defeat and stay here
>>
>>1471365
No crossplatform play. Merging servers was a good thing. Console servers being separated is not a good thing. MMOs require the most condensed playerbase you can get. You cannot have a social game and omit anyone's friends, because that detaches them from the game as well.
>>
>>1494069
And again
>>
lin was getting buffed?
>>
>>1477375
running around with the /tofg/ bros hunting down the gates in artificial island was some the most online gaming fun I've had since way back when
Then it all just fell apart. Lisa bro where did you go
>>
>>1494149
>thread dies everytime during SEA hours even though SEA server has the biggest playerbase
Wonder what fucken drama happened to the Sea crew for it implode like that.
>>
>>1495739
This is a serious issue then. No point in remaking it if there's a good chance it will just die while most of the posters sleep or are away at work/ect.
>>
File: 1705994231338467.png (220 KB, 467x265)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>1495739
The crew simply doesn't have any real growth since the transfers, no new active players joining and as the time passes with the game isn't improving much & hotta being retarded, the little members that we had are simply had enough of the game so danchou decided to just disband while the few of us is still around before it gets even worse
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.13 MB, 600x400)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
Welcome back to the retirement home
>>
i thought an mmo anime-styled game would give tough competition to the likes of ffxiv, but what do you know, people really base their opinion about a game on the very first few minutes of playtime and this game sucked ass at delivering a good impression
it felt cheap, it had bugs, and the worst of all, it had terrible exploits that immediately turned away the potential gacha customers
i mean, why the fuck would anyone put their money into a game where it is possible for some f2p to manipulate gacha rolls or even interact with other players' inventories?
absolutely ridiculous that anyone defends this dogshit company that was already shat upon in china a year before the game released on global server, for exactly the same issues that they didn't even bother patching out
it was clear that these scummy hacks simply wanted to get as much money out of this lazy global port and then fuck off
>>
>>1497140
Even made by a competent developer the game would have still failed. Gacha mechanics and MMOs don't mix well. You can't make a game in a genre that's about progression (power) being tied to in-game accomplishments, then gate that power behind a gachapon and still please your target audience. There is a reason why you commonly see Asian MMOs monetize their game by selling QoL changes like additional inventory slots.
>>
Come to Tarisland bros
>>
>>1497140
>i thought an mmo anime-styled game would give tough competition to the likes of ffxiv
meanwhile blue protocol got fucked by ags and their retarded jp server intern for being anti-gaijin.
>>
>>1497140
mmo grind for power
gacha for cosmetics and weapons

it was the easy fix they was scared to do
>>
>>1497583
They thought they could have their cake and eat it too (frequent $100 cosmetic gachapons + selling power + aggressive powercreep (15-20% or more each new weapon) quickly invalidating your power). Thankfully they eased up on the powercreep, but by that time it was too late, most everyone had already left.
>>
>>1497644
pretty much sadly such wasted potential
>>
>>1497644
lol i dont feel bad for any developer that pulls this shit
it feels amazing seeing developers put millions into developing shit games like this and then get humbled
>>
>>1497494
blue protocol got fucked by being bad
>>
I hope people from tofg know that this thread exist now. I hate to see people get separated.
>>
>>1497785
In the end ToF was a massive commercial success compared to the resources invested in it, so I don't think anyone got humbled aside from some of the devs maybe having emotional attachment to their work. As far as their business department is concerned, it carried perfect world's budget for almost 3 years, so I'm sure their takeaway from this is "can we do that again" rather than "oh no, we fucked up".
>>
File: k.gif (966 KB, 220x220)
966 KB
966 KB GIF
i got the saki outfit/weapon and cat ears for 2k DC
>>
Bitch remake the thread
>>
>>1498342
why it will die again wait till 4.1 when we got shit to talk about
>>
>>1498343
4.1 is just anka tho the thread won't even survive a week
>>
>>1498400
then get comfy here then
>>
so how were the lin buffs?
>>
>>1498667
not happened yet, i presume its with the weapon skin
>>
>>1498343
Bitch just do it
>>
>>1497583
they werent scared
they are just scummy developers who knew what they were doing
but little did they know that paypiggies only put money into a game if it is reliable and not filled with game-breaking bugs and fuck ups like the first banner fuck up, the gacha rolls fuck up, the ability to manipulate gacha rolls, the ability to mess with other players' inventories
>>
>>1499065
they were scared because they thought whales would not like the change instead it pushed away the majority of the playerbase including a % of whales
>>
I'm still baffled they blundered global's release after having time to examine and learn from their mistakes with CN's launch, and having the benefit of releasing during content droughts for several big games as well as big name people willing to try and promote it (including that one popular wow streamer who kept begging to be sponsored).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.