[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
>>1478660
i haven't tried the game, but I lurked the threads and got a feel for all the complaints. If you are going to copy a competitor, normally you copy, but fix the flaws and complaints from the original. Instead seems kuro copied but made it worse than the original. At least I can skip this knowing I'm not missing out on anything.
>>
>>1478691
yeah, pretty much why i didnt even bother trying it
game is just even worse than genshit
>>
>>1478691
Can you skip cutscenes, if you can it is 1000x better.
Is there no pamion like character, is so that is great.
>>
>>1478691
It runs better than gendhin, has better graphics and isn’t 80 gigs on pc
>>
>>1478691
Kuro don't even understand what are they copying.
>>
>>1478660
Played the game first few minutes better than genshin worse than tower of fantasy at least in the story. Tower of fantasy has the only “decent” story that I could actbinge before getting to the paywall. The game also ran fine on my old 865 snapdragon phone. Legit that game is built for Mobil phones and nothing else.
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (518 KB, 2388x1586)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>1478981
These characters are almost as annoying as pamion, 80% of the way there with their fluff.
The character models though do look a lot more detailed than genshin tough, and the game doesn’t heat up my iPad at all unlike cod Warzone.
>>
>>1478985
Graphics are way better than genshin though
>>
>>1478981
Tower of fantasy solos when it comes to the story god damn, they are speaking another language half the time, it’s better than genshin but only by a tiny bit at this point
>>
>>1478660
>Left
My hair 20 years ago
>Right
My hair 10 years ago
>>
>>1478988
Graphics are absolute garbage they have no idea how to use unreal engine the textures are fucking blurry and the details only start rendering when you get close and I have a fucking 4080 and a 14700k.
Maybe on mobile it's better but on a not poorfag PC it's an absolute shame it looks so bad despite coming out 4 years later.
>>
>>1479128
It’s way better, even the models ambient occlusion etc is just way better than genshin. Especially the models, the models and cutscenes do not look jarring and crappy to look at at all, all of the characters look extremely photogenic compared to genshin. The only real issue is the aggressive lod but eh I got over that desu.
As for textures they are less blurry then genshin but the render resolution isn’t anywhere close to genshin on my iPad Pro m1. 1080p vs native 1638p
>>
>>1479166
The blurry news on pc is probably due to texure size being low, genshin is over 100gb whilst wuthering waves is 20gb
>>
I hate the layout of the main WW city. Almost every important thing in Mond is immediately accessible in one area next to the teleporter, WW has everything spread out for no reason.
>>
>>1478660
The difference is that Left is gameplay screenshot and right is from cutscene
>>
>>1479166
comer on now lmao the environment as a whole is shit and it even gets better when you lower brightness to 0, otherwise it looks like you got a lantern up your ass, everything is super washed and pointless, theres things giving 10%+ exploration in one go, the world is empty as fuck
>>
>>1485830
? theres no arlecchino cutscene there lmao stop lying sister that literally her afk pose, now the wuwa one is the cinematic camera glide moment btw
>>
>>1478706
Some cutscenes can be skipped, but a handful can't.
There isn't a Paimon-like character that actively shows up, but it says "hungry" a couple times and briefly makes an appearance at the end of the first MSQ arc
>>
>>1485895
yapyap is worse than paimon thoughbeit
>>
>>1478660
Are BotW gachas just a genre now?
t. boomer that only played turnbased gachas
>>
>>1485999
There are at least 3 more in development so yeah
>>
>>1485999
>Are BotW gachas just a genre now?
idk if it's a "genre" yet, so far just a handful of copycats after seeing genshin popularity
maybe in a few more years
>>
both are shit games
>>
>>1478691
If you played Wuwa for an hour and try to play Genshin again, it will feel like shit.
Polished shit maybe, but still shit.

-Can claim rewards in the center instead of some random ass tree
-running outside of combat costs no stamina
-climbing is fast
-fall damage a lot more reasonable
-falling doesn't steal your momentum at all, while in Genshin you fall like a stone the moment you take away the glider
-no need to pick up EVERY SINGLE DROP
-no 2 primo chests (depending on your will to explore this can be a downside, as exploration is a LOT more worthwhile compared to Genshin)

It's not very polished, that's for sure, but just from controlling your char and moving through the world, Genshin can't even remotely compete. And that is kinda the biggest appeal. Combat sure isn't. In either game as far as I'm concerned. Nor is the story, again in either game.

I'll see where it goes, but I know that in the current state, there's no playing both. Either Genshin improves past the disaster that has been Fontaine, or Wuwa dies very fast. That is the only way I can see myself continuing it.
>>
>>1485887
All of the worlds in open world games are empty af. Not really a point imo
>>
>>1486188
Right so it has some very miniscule improvements. But are you going to ignore all the faults in that?
>-Can claim rewards in the center instead of some random ass tree
Literally makes no sense, the center might as well be a tree
>-climbing is fast
And often breaks, if you actually do try to wallrun on uneven walls, or towards a ledge that sticks out from a wall, you will often get stuck, the character may not do the backflip thing, its random.
>-no need to pick up EVERY SINGLE DROP
Yet you still need to pick up every single lizard, butterfly and flower in the world and the hitbox for the prompts is much smaller, so you will run past the thing you want to pick up and circle back
And don't get me started on the mess with the combat, be it targeting, useless parries or generous dodges. I was under impression this game was supposed to have "good" combat? With enemies that are actually aggresive? But none of that appears to be the case.
Honestly one thing I will say abou tthe combat right now, its impressive how they try to trick you with the tutorial boss fight that you can do some sort of finisher move on a downed enemies, but literally no one besides the tutorial boss has that option
>>
File: 1697703711733363.png (317 KB, 539x619)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>1486188
some small qols are not enough if the core game is shit
>>
>>1485999
just like how japs keep shitting out RPGs and gooks keep shitting out MMOs
chinks found there bread and butter
>>
>>1486547
core game is 1:1 genshit
>>
>>1478660
Right is a fucking BotW mod lol
>>
>>1486549
> japs keep shitting out RPGs
their biggest games are waifu management sims now, thats more innovative than openworld slop in my book
>>
File: genshin vs wuwa ult.webm (3.91 MB, 1934x718)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
>>1478660
Holy mogging indeed
>>
>>1488182
>wuwa is doing so shit kuro had to scramble to rush release yinlin because their homo banner failed
genshin is failing upwards, they don't even have to try at this point, kuro knows they're done when natlan drops
>>
>>1486188
>the disaster that has been Fontaine
I played up until Sumeru, I remember people hyping Fontaine like crazy. Was it really that bad?
>>
>>1489322
As far as I'm concerned, it was Inazuma tier, just a much LONGER main story. Also extremely shitty cast in general. I pulled 0 Fontaine chars.

The exploration is alright, with the exception of underwater. They somehow thought making extremely shitty under-water combat that isn't affected by your chosen chars is a cool thing. But oh surprise, it's not in abyss and such...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.