[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Mobile gaming truly went to mostly gachas eh, what about the anons here that grabs their phones to open games just to burn time instead of a second job? What do you open?
>>
Not much lately. Mostly Slice & Dice (it had a big update earlier this year) and S-kladom Pro.
>>
Play Together
It's basically Roblox for koreans. But it's fun
>>
File: 838374648392.jpg (208 KB, 1311x2191)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>1496423
I was playing a lot of Colorma but this one in the art gallery stumped me hard
>>
>>1496603
Whoops didn't mean to reply
>>
>>1496144
i play pokemon ds games on drastic
i also bought ex astris, but i will complete it some other time
>>
File: 1718735666597801.jpg (261 KB, 1131x1600)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
I dropped all mobile games except for one gachaslop and went back to handhelds.
>>
>>1496603
Is this similar to nonograms?
>>
>>1496144
Playing old fire emblems with an emulator
>>
I've reached my fill of 20 Minutes Till Dawn recently but that lasted me a few months. Before then it was Bad North and Gladihoppers.
Currently looking at Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom or Ex Astris as the next game I'll pick up.
>>
File: 346798765543.jpg (96 KB, 1310x1673)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>1496791
Kind of, the actual game is about rearranging blocks in a gradient that makes sense, pic related. Art gallery puzzles are the same but the lighter blocks make up a simple picture, and the sudden color contrast between dark and light colors make it harder to guess which colors go where (for me anyway).
>>
>>1496144
Mobile games these days come in a few specific types:
- gachas
- ports of PC games(of varying quality)
- "management" games that have nearly identical gameplay
- endless runner games that have identical gameplay
- formerly successful mobile games that are now a shell of their former selves
- match 3s/bubble poppers/jigsaw puzzle/solitaire/other carbon copy dime a dozen puzzle games
- slop churned out by the bucketful that gets botted reviews and is most notable for ads that feel like an AI wrote them
- genuinely original puzzle games that all have the same aesthetic direction for some reason
- weird bootlegs
>>
>>1499709
There are also games without any ads, both free and paid that tend to get fewer than 10,000 downloads, sometimes less than a thousand or even a hundred, unless they're shilled everywhere else to gain some popularity.
Clearly Google has a strong bias towards cancerous money grubbers, by letting some of the worst garbage claim hundreds of millions of downloads, and hiding the good stuff.
>>
>>1499802
Could you share a few of these hidden gems with the class?
>>
>>1496144
Had this low-key game I found called Almost Heroic. Was fun until an update broke the game for me and now it's just stuck looping on boot. Might reinstall when they update the APK again.
>>
>>1499817
Stuff like: Ice Cream Disaster, Retro Pocket Rocket, Small Islands, Ascender, or Feud.
Not sure about calling them gems, but you know they'd be far more popular if they played ads. Though a bit simplistic, they're perfectly free and fun to play, and yet nobody downloads them.
>>
>>1496144
Play Chicken Draw
>>
>>1496144
>>1496144
i tend to enjoy those bullshit scam apps with the deceptive ads. no i'm not saving anyone from lava but i get to place shapes and clear lines(Block Blast is my obsession rn). and they only throw ads at me when i fail a round. and i can just quick close the app when the ad starts and open it back up if i'm not trying to get a second chance or something.

i love being autistic.
>>
>>1513314
but the playtest ads for whiteout survival are far more enjoyable than the app itself. the actual game is a snoozefest.

I think overall My Universe is one of the better f2p games i've ever downloaded, in terms of toilet time wasters
>>
>>1496144
>second job
only if you're a retard with severe case of FOMO
>>
>>1513319
That applies to 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of gacha players
>>
>>1496144
SimpleMatch3
Mineswifter
Puzzmo
>>
mobile really is the potemkin village of game systems. a true no games machine despite the illusion of choice.
>>
>>1496144
Literally just emulators
>>
>>1496144
I play the port of endless sky. The touch controls are good enough and it lets me be an intergalactic trade (((merchant))) and passenger hauler
>>
>>1499709
Don't forget:
>RTS games with timers that slowly become excruciatingly long at a pace where timers become days long by the start of the 2nd month playing.
...or does that fall under the "management" category?
>>
>>1524761
Smartphones are pretty much the only platform where these ultra slow-paced games make sense. I once played Solaris with some anons, and being able to just whip out a phone to give new orders to my armies every few hours was kino.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.